BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

5 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 3 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne 1/12/2020, 3:37 pm

Oop heh heh I meant Karl Urban LOL

Doom Annihilation is a 2019 movie based on the video game, too. In fact, it is more true to the game than the one with Keith, I mean Karl, Urban.

Fun movie. Stupid-ass ending.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 3 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 1/12/2020, 8:34 pm

joey con carne wrote:Oop heh heh I meant Karl Urban LOL

Doom Annihilation is a 2019 movie based on the video game, too. In fact, it is more true to the game than the one with Keith, I mean Karl, Urban.

Fun movie. Stupid-ass ending.

How dare you forget the name of Dredd! He's the mother fuckin Pathfinder! Cool 

They rebooted Doom and I had absolutely no idea about it until now?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/13/2020, 9:17 am

I always used to get them mixed up too, Karl should change his name.

Annihilation is on Netflix, I just saw it last night. Didn’t watch it and don’t plan to, but it’s there.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2020, 9:32 am

Tyger wrote:I always used to get them mixed up too, Karl should change his name.

Annihilation is on Netflix, I just saw it last night. Didn’t watch it and don’t plan to, but it’s there.

Why/How do you guys keep mixing them up? I imagine you've both seen a lot of Karl's movie but I can't imagine either of you as Keith Urban fans. Razz

Though I do find it strange that the only Urbans seem to be Kiwis.....

I watched the 60 second Annihilation trailer last night and immediately wished I hadn't.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/13/2020, 11:01 am

I know who Karl is NOW, but I used to think it was the country singer trying to act and was like fuck that guy. Even though I know who he is now, I still think he should change his name.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2020, 11:16 am

Tyger wrote:I know who Karl is NOW, but I used to think it was the country singer trying to act and was like fuck that guy. Even though I know who he is now, I still think he should change his name.

WHAT?!?!?!?! That's madness!!! Razz Razz Razz Razz

You thought Nicole Kidman's husband was in Doom, Pathfinder and the Star Trek movies?!?!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/13/2020, 11:30 am

I don’t think it was until Dredd that I really knew who he was
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2020, 11:33 am

Tyger wrote:I don’t think it was until Dredd that I really knew who he was

Oh damn. By the time Dredd came out I'd already seen Doom, Chronicles of Riddick and Pathfinder half a dozen times each.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/13/2020, 12:22 pm

On purpose?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2020, 4:00 pm

Tyger wrote:On purpose?

Those movies are awesome sir!!!

Now these movies that I have watched this week, were not awesome and will not be revisited like a Karl Urban movie.

Conan the Barbarian (2011)
Coneheads (1993)
Street Fighter (1994)
The Money Pit (1986)
Kicking & Screaming (2005) - The only one of this bunch I'd watch again. Somehow, I'd never seen this Will Farrell movie.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/13/2020, 6:18 pm

WTF, hating on Coneheads?

I don’t remember liking Kicking & Screaming, but that followed Elf and Anchorman so I might like it more removed from that streak.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/14/2020, 11:31 am

Tyger wrote:WTF, hating on Coneheads?

I don’t remember liking Kicking & Screaming, but that followed Elf and Anchorman so I might like it more removed from that streak.

I only watched Coneheads when it first came out and 25 years later didn't feel like enough time in between viewings. I typically enjoyed the SNL spin-off movies of our youth and especially Aykroyd movies but Coneheads just sucked and I will not be watching it again for at least a few more decades if ever.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/14/2020, 11:54 am

It’s not great, but it’s still classic. I watched it on Hulu last year for the first time in probably a decade and a half at least.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/15/2020, 5:06 am

I also like Pathfinder. Good movie!

In fact, I think I will watch it this weekend. Loudly. Great audio and video quality on the blow-ray.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/15/2020, 7:37 am

joey con carne wrote:I also like Pathfinder. Good movie!

In fact, I think I will watch it this weekend. Loudly. Great audio and video quality on the blow-ray.

How can you not love a movie about a young viking boy raised Native? I was also planning on revisiting it this week since I keep talking about it so much. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/16/2020, 10:30 am

Jay and Silent Bob's Reboot (2019) - Way more sentimental than I'd expected but still better than the first Jay and Silent Bob movie. But It had so many people I hadn't seen in years, so that was pretty great. I could see this one getting some replays over the next decade.

Good Boys (2019) - Amusing but I don't know if I'd really watch it more than once.

Ready or Not (2019) - Samara Weaving. Twisted Evil

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/16/2020, 12:16 pm

I watched Ready or Not a couple of weeks ago and I liked it. A lot better than I thought it would be.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/16/2020, 1:21 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I watched Ready or Not a couple of weeks ago and I liked it. A lot better than I thought it would be.

I've seen more people hunting/home invasion movies than I can count but I didn't really expect that ending. I gotta admit, they got me and it was a fun and nice change of pace. It's always nice to see a new twist on a tired plot.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/16/2020, 4:22 pm

Terminator Dark Fate - Some interesting changes to the franchise lore but nothing I couldn't see coming from the earlier trailers or hadn't already been spoiled from the interwebs. 

Mackenzie Davis sure is one tight little package. Twisted Evil

Also, I didn't hate Dark Fate movie as much as some of the other Terminator sequels. This surprised me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/19/2020, 5:09 pm

Just started Pathfinder.

Just re-arranged my speakers and re-calibrated my speakers. The audio is ridiculously immersive on this disk. Holy shit.

I'm playing it pretty dang loud. WOWOWOWOW. Freakin' great audio. The surround channels are alive. Although it might have to do with raising my surrounds about a foot above my head.

Bring it on!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/19/2020, 5:42 pm

Watched Midsommar on Amazon Prime last night. Good god, that was boring.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2020, 7:55 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just started Pathfinder.

Just re-arranged my speakers and re-calibrated my speakers. The audio is ridiculously immersive on this disk. Holy shit.

I'm playing it pretty dang loud. WOWOWOWOW. Freakin' great audio. The surround channels are alive. Although it might have to do with raising my surrounds about a foot above my head.

Bring it on!

Was it as much fun as you were hoping? 

Tyger wrote:Watched Midsommar on Amazon Prime last night. Good god, that was boring.

I keep seeing the thumbnail of the crying girl wearing a crown and I just keep going past it every time.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/19/2020, 8:00 pm

What a fun movie. And damnit, I did not know that last boss was Clancy Brown. This week will be another viewing of Dredd. Keith Urban rocks. I mean Karl Urban.

Razz
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2020, 8:09 pm

joey con carne wrote:What a fun movie. And damnit, I did not know that last boss was Clancy Brown. This week will be another viewing of Dredd. Keith Urban rocks. I mean Karl Urban.

Razz

You didn't remember the Kurgan was in Pathfinder?!?!? That's just another reason I love it so much.

You gotta give Doom another go after Dredd. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2020, 8:37 pm

Manhunter (1986)
Silence of the Lambs (1991)
Hannibal (2001)
Smokin Aces (2007)

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/19/2020, 9:32 pm

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 3 KSyoKC7

Talking about National Treasure in the other thread, I went hunting for them, but they aren't on any of my services. I did find Sahara though, which I've always liked. Wish they got to make more Dirk Pitt movies. McConaughey and Zahn had great chemistry.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/19/2020, 10:37 pm

I remember Sahara being fucking terrible, but I could be wrong, I'm it as much as a McCaughnahater as I used to be

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:Watched Midsommar on Amazon Prime last night. Good god, that was boring.
I keep seeing the thumbnail of the crying girl wearing a crown and I just keep going past it every time.
Yeah, that’s a good representation of the movie too.

WyldeMan wrote:Manhunter (1986)
Hannibal (2001)
Smokin Aces (2007)
That took an interesting turn at the end
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2020, 12:55 pm

Rusty wrote:Talking about National Treasure in the other thread, I went hunting for them, but they aren't on any of my services. I did find Sahara though, which I've always liked. Wish they got to make more Dirk Pitt movies. McConaughey and Zahn had great chemistry.

I preferred Sahara over National Treasure although I'm not entirely positive that I've even seen National Treasure in its entirety.

Tyger wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Manhunter (1986)
Hannibal (2001)
Smokin Aces (2007)
That took an interesting turn at the end

After I finished Hannibal on Hulu, Smokin Aces started auto playing for no apparent reason and I decided to just let it play. I remembered liking it back in the day but my Ryan Reynolds hate has grown so strong that he made me kind of hate Aces on this go around and to make matters worse, Jeremy Scumbag Piven was in way too much of it..... Evil or Very Mad

Now onto the Manhunter remake, Red Dragon (2002). A remake which exceeds the original. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/25/2020, 3:26 pm

I like Smokin Aces, good movie. Too many actors in it to hate it for Ryan and Jeremy alone.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2020, 8:26 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I like Smokin Aces, good movie. Too many actors in it to hate it for Ryan and Jeremy alone.

Sure there is a big ensemble but none of them have much to do and virtually all are seriously underutilized cameo spots while Reynolds and Piven are made to carry the film while the other actors just pop in to die at random. Nestor Carbonell and Joel Edgerton are completely wasted. Chris Pine and Kevin Durand are amusing as white trash idiots but there wasn't much to be done with either character. Affleck shows up just to die in a role that could have been played by literally anybody. 

But I guess it's a good movie if you're a big fan of Ryan Reynolds, Taraji Henson, Common and Alicia Keys but alas, I am not.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/25/2020, 10:17 pm

Just finished The Courier.

Olga Kurylenko is still as beautiful as ever. Gary Oldman is always the man. The other guy, Amit Shah, was pretty okay, too. The guy who played Agent Bryant was just awful and a total ham. The writing in general was pretty cringey.

I would recommend this only as a download or a stream. Don't pay money to see this. Not even if it is a dollar at Red Box.

I wonder what possessed Gary Oldman to do this movie. He is way out of its league. Maybe he didn't read the whole script or something but I'm still scratching my head about his casting. Must have thrown a shitload of money at him or something.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/26/2020, 8:37 am

joey con carne wrote:Just finished The Courier.

Olga Kurylenko is still as beautiful as ever. Gary Oldman is always the man. The other guy, Amit Shah, was pretty okay, too. The guy who played Agent Bryant was just awful and a total ham. The writing in general was pretty cringey.

I would recommend this only as a download or a stream. Don't pay money to see this. Not even if it is a dollar at Red Box.

I wonder what possessed Gary Oldman to do this movie. He is way out of its league. Maybe he didn't read the whole script or something but I'm still scratching my head about his casting. Must have thrown a shitload of money at him or something.

Gary has a history of making movies so bad you wonder what kind of blackmail studio heads have on him. There is no logic to some of his choices and unless he's being forced under duress of secrets like the fact he's likely a serial killer than we must consider the fact that Gary Oldman might be illiterate.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/26/2020, 2:29 pm

LOL fucking hell, that is a solid response.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/29/2020, 3:41 pm

Up In Smoke (1978)
Cheech and Chong's Next Movie (1980)
Blast From the Past (1999)
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (2007)
MacGruber (2010)

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/29/2020, 5:55 pm

I feel Blast from the Past is a movie that’s super easy to shit on if you haven’t seen it, but is even easier to love if you have.

I watched Get Him to the Greek recently. I actually have the blu-ray but watched it on Netflix. I saw it in theaters and was a little let down, but it’s practically a classic to me now.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/29/2020, 6:40 pm

Tyger wrote:I feel Blast from the Past is a movie that’s super easy to shit on if you haven’t seen it, but is even easier to love if you have.

I watched Get Him to the Greek recently. I actually have the blu-ray but watched it on Netflix. I saw it in theaters and was a little let down, but it’s practically a classic to me now.

Blast from the Past is a movie I've enjoyed on multiple viewings over the last twenty years and I haven't tired of yet, though it is one that I don't watch every year. I really enjoyed Brendan Fraser's 90s career and there aren't too many of his titles that disappointed me.

I haven't seen Get Him to the Greek since it came out but all I remember is a fuzzy wall and Puff Daddy. My tolerance for Russell Brand really only exists for Forgetting Sarah Marshall and that's a movie I've seen maybe four times since release.

I watched Walk Hard for only the second time ever and I laughed like a bastard. John C Reilly has always entertained me and as someone who also enjoyed Walk the Line, Walk Hard is the perfect spoof of it. Next, I am thinking Sisters Brothers with both John C Reilly and Joaquin Phoenix to really complete the mash up. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/29/2020, 7:50 pm

Walk Hard is good, it’s a great parody of musician biopics in general. That being said, as a Johnny Cash fan the whole thing with the brother being sawed in half doesn’t sit well with me.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/29/2020, 9:55 pm

Tyger wrote:Walk Hard is good, it’s a great parody of musician biopics in general. That being said, as a Johnny Cash fan the whole thing with the brother being sawed in half doesn’t sit well with me.

I'm a massive lifelong fan of the Man in Black and I still laughed like a bastard at his brother's halving and again when it happened to their father. 

What really killed me though was 42 year old John C Reilly as a 14 year old high school sophomore and a 34 year old Kristen Wiig as his 12 year old girlfriend.  Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/29/2020, 10:50 pm

Now THAT is one of the best parody bits in the movie
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/30/2020, 12:43 pm

Tyger wrote:Now THAT is one of the best parody bits in the movie

I didn't remember that part about their ages from the one time I saw Walk Hard when it came out so I got to enjoy it again for what felt like my first viewing.

I also laughed like a bastard every time his dad yelled "The wrong kid died". Razz Razz

Here's what else I've watched:

A Man Apart (2003) - Meh. Vin Diesel versus a Mexican drug cartel. I quickly remembered why I hadn't seen this one more than once in 17 years.

Moneyball (2011) - Another movie I hadn't seen since original release. I didn't even remember Chris Pratt was in this. Not too bad but not too great.

The Sisters Brothers (2018) - I was expecting a comedy but it turned out to be a rather dark western with only a few humorous moments and those were also quite dark. John C Reilly, Joaquin Phoenix, Jake Gyllenhaal and Riz Ahmed. That was some damn fine casting.

I can't recall a time in a movie with Gyllenhaal where we've seen
Spoiler:

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/30/2020, 1:28 pm

My favorite part of Walk Hard is the Temptations at the end or more specifically his reaction to them.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/30/2020, 1:45 pm

Tyger wrote:My favorite part of Walk Hard is the Temptations at the end or more specifically his reaction to them.

"Oh god, the Temptations!!!!" Razz Razz Razz Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/2/2020, 7:42 pm

Fighting with My Family (2019) - Just got added to Starz, I really didn't care for this fluff piece. It was certainly not Arronofsky's The Wrestler. This was a waste of Nick Frost.

Pilgrimage (2017) - Tom Holland, Jon Bernthal and Richard Armitage. This should have been a better movie but it's just about Christian monks fleeing with what they believe is a magical rock and the ending is even worse than the rest of the movie.

The Ghost and the Darkness (1996) - An old favorite that did not let me down. It's been many years since I last viewed this one and while it was different than I remembered, Ghost was still better than those other movies. Also it reminded me of the once talented actor Val Kilmer used to be.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/4/2020, 12:57 pm

Earth Girls are Easy (1989) - Jim Carrey, Jeff Goldblum and Damon Wayans as furry aliens in banana hammocks who come to earth to score with babes. Geena Davis plays the lead character a ditzy Valley Girl who spends a good ten minutes of the movie in a soaked neon pink bikini that is basically see thru bordering on full frontal. Also, it's kind of a musical with dance numbers about being a slutty blonde. This was a very strange watch...

The Last Stand (2013) - Old man Ahnold versus some younger bad guys. His deputies include Thor's Jamie Alexander, FNL's QB Matt Saracen, Johnny Knoxville of Jackass and Luis Guzman. This was not good.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/4/2020, 3:05 pm

Wow! Gina used to be HOT!

I can't believe this is a full movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next