BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

5 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 2 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Tyger 11/20/2019, 10:11 pm

Saw Doctor Sleep today, really not sure how I feel about it yet. Pretty much every character from The Shining is in it, but recast which feels...awkward.

Saw Parasite last week and that was really good, both the most hilarious and intense film I’ve seen in awhile.

Watched Booksmart last night and I think it’s funny (not haha funny) that Jonah Hill's sister costars in what is basically Superbad with girls
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 2 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 11/21/2019, 8:43 am

Tyger wrote:Saw Doctor Sleep today, really not sure how I feel about it yet. Pretty much every character from The Shining is in it, but recast which feels...awkward.

Saw Parasite last week and that was really good, both the most hilarious and intense film I’ve seen in awhile.

Watched Booksmart last night and I think it’s funny (not haha funny) that Jonah Hill's sister costars in what is basically Superbad with girls

The recasts where a big part of why I wasn't interested in seeing Doctor Sleep, it's also been way too long and I never even wanted a sequel to it.

I've never heard of this Parasite movie. Is it about Aliens or creepy crawlers?

I didn't realize Jonah had a sister who acted.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/21/2019, 6:32 pm

Parasite is a Korean film, not at all a creature feature

She looks a lot like Jonah Hill, you’ll know if you see her
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/21/2019, 8:36 pm

Tyger wrote:Parasite is a Korean film, not at all a creature feature

She looks a lot like Jonah Hill, you’ll know if you see her

I just looked up Jonah's sister, I didn't realize she was the psychotic sorority girl in Neighbors 2. I think she went through a windshield in that movie.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/1/2019, 10:47 am

Saw Knives Out last night, it was good, a lot funnier than I was expecting but still serious.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/8/2019, 11:22 am

Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II

I bought both in a 4K SteelBook this summer, but just finally watched last night and this morning after watching that The Movies That Made Us episode last week
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/8/2019, 12:39 pm

Tyger wrote:Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II

I bought both in a 4K SteelBook this summer, but just finally watched last night and this morning after watching that The Movies That Made Us episode last week

I watched both of those last year for the first time in forever.

Last night I watched Drive and Winter's Bone. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/18/2019, 1:04 pm

Watched Michael Bay's 6 Underground on Netflix yesterday. Crazy amount of action movie in this one, a few were very impressive. At times though, it can be hard to follow what's going on. I think this movie is a great example of how too much action can sometimes be a bad thing. It was also badly edited, a lot of flashbacks through out the movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/18/2019, 1:58 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Watched Michael Bay's 6 Underground on Netflix yesterday. Crazy amount of action movie in this one, a few were very impressive. At times though, it can be hard to follow what's going on. I think this movie is a great example of how too much action can sometimes be a bad thing. It was also badly edited, a lot of flashbacks through out the movie.

What's this you say, a poorly edited Michael Bay movie that was all chaotic style and no substance?!?!? This is unheard of!!!

Yesterday I watched; Unbreakable, Split and Glass. Those first two movies play very differently when you know they're part of a trilogy and not just weird one offs.

Today I watched; Godzilla and Kong Skull Island.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/18/2019, 3:32 pm

WyldeMan wrote:What's this you say, a poorly edited Michael Bay movie that was all chaotic style and no substance?!?!? This is unheard of!!!

He's got some good ones but this one was all style and no substance.

WyldeMan wrote:Yesterday I watched; Unbreakable, Split and Glass. Those first two movies play very differently when you know they're part of a trilogy and not just weird one offs.

Indeed.

WyldeMan wrote:Today I watched; Godzilla and Kong Skull Island.

Have you seen King of the Monsters yet?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/18/2019, 4:26 pm

The most disappointing thing about 6 Underground is they don’t even play the song at any point in the movie
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/18/2019, 6:50 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:He's got some good ones but this one was all style and no substance.

In Bay's entire career, the only movie of his I've ever felt like watching more than once was The Rock and haven't seen it in probably ten years or more. His Transformers movies were abysmal abominations and I hated the Bad Boys franchise. That doesn't really leave too many other movies in his entire career to choose from. IMO and for my money, Michael Bay is one of the most if not the most over hyped and under talented director in the business. His movies have no soul, just endless big baysplosions and one liners and that's why they will never stand the test of time.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Have you seen King of the Monsters yet?

I just finished my first viewing of King to wrap the Godzilla/Kong trilogy I watched today until they finally get around to making Kong vs Godzilla. If I had seen this movie as a kid, I'd have lost my damned mind. So many monster battles and Gojira is one major BAMF. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/18/2019, 7:01 pm

WyldeMan wrote:In Bay's entire career, the only movie of his I've ever felt like watching more than once was The Rock and haven't seen it in probably ten years or more. His Transformers movies were abysmal abominations and I hated the Bad Boys franchise. That doesn't really leave too many other movies in his entire career to choose from. IMO and for my money, Michael Bay is one of the most if not the most over hyped and under talented director in the business. His movies have no soul, just endless big baysplosions and one liners and that's why they will never stand the test of time.

The Rock was good. Surprisingly, this movie did not escape me and saw it on TV when it came on. lol Transformers 1 and Bad Boys 2 are good and I've watched both more than once. 13 Hours was also another good one. I enjoyed Pain and Gain too because it gave me a good laugh.

WyldeMan wrote:I just finished my first viewing of King to wrap the Godzilla/Kong trilogy I watched today until they finally get around to making Kong vs Godzilla. If I had seen this movie as a kid, I'd have lost my damned mind. So many monster battles and Gojira is one major BAMF. Cool

I knew you would like it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/18/2019, 8:17 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:The Rock was good. Surprisingly, this movie did not escape me and saw it on TV when it came on. lol Transformers 1 and Bad Boys 2 are good and I've watched both more than once. 13 Hours was also another good one. I enjoyed Pain and Gain too because it gave me a good laugh.

If it wasn't for Ed Harris and my having actually gone to Alcatraz, I wouldn't have enjoyed The Rock very much. I only saw Pain and Gain when it came out and then I quickly forgot about it like most of Rock's movies.

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I just finished my first viewing of King to wrap the Godzilla/Kong trilogy I watched today until they finally get around to making Kong vs Godzilla. If I had seen this movie as a kid, I'd have lost my damned mind. So many monster battles and Gojira is one major BAMF. Cool

I knew you would like it.

King felt like a satisfying conclusion to the earlier story while also serving to set up the sequel in an organic way.

I love movies where animals and or monsters reclaim the planet from the filth of humanity Apes, Jurassic or Gojira, It's all good to me. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/19/2019, 1:56 pm

Just finished; Mad Max
Currently Watching; The Road Warrior
Up Next: Beyond Thunderdome and Fury Road

I wish I could just watch Fury Road so I can properly assess it's placement on Best Of the Decade list but I'm a competitionist with OCD when it comes to starting from the beginning.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/21/2019, 10:35 pm

Dredd

Bad Santa

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/22/2019, 10:50 am

The Grey (2011)

MIB: International (2019)

The Town: Extended Cut (2010)

21 Jump Street (2012)

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/23/2019, 9:56 am

Faster (2010)

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/25/2019, 5:08 pm

Jurassic World (2015)

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

Rambo (2008)

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/27/2019, 3:53 pm

Rambo is a great Christmas movie. Jurassic World and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom... eh. Neither excited me. I fell asleep in the theater watching Fallen Kingdom.

So I just watched Klaus on Netflix. It's a little late to the Christmas party but it is a good movie. The premise is good but the "conflict" is stupid. Still, overall, I give it a 'recommend'. I wish Jesper was voiced by David Spade, though. Kind of sounds like his voice would have been the perfect fit.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/27/2019, 5:17 pm

joey con carne wrote:Rambo is a great Christmas movie. Jurassic World and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom... eh. Neither excited me. I fell asleep in the theater watching Fallen Kingdom.

So I just watched Klaus on Netflix. It's a little late to the Christmas party but it is a good movie. The premise is good but the "conflict" is stupid. Still, overall, I give it a 'recommend'. I wish Jesper was voiced by David Spade, though. Kind of sounds like his voice would have been the perfect fit.

I will never not love a Jurassic Park movie, it's just never happened and I've seen them all many times. You all know by now how much I enjoy movies where animals kill all the humans and take back the planet, that's just a plot that's guaranteed a straight shot to the top of my favorites. Cool

Also, Jurassic World is technically a Christmas movie too as it takes place while the two kids head to the park while on Christmas vacation.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/27/2019, 9:02 pm

Finally watched Toy Story 4, still quality, more sad than fun though
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/28/2019, 8:33 am

Tyger wrote:Finally watched Toy Story 4, still quality, more sad than fun though

I've heard this statement from pretty much everybody who's seen it, apparently the ending was total devastation for many.

I'm watching Walter Hill's 48 Hours. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2019, 3:09 pm

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/29/2019, 5:43 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)

Damn! You're really serious about the decade movies thread, aren't you? lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2019, 6:26 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)

Damn! You're really serious about the decade movies thread, aren't you? lol

I also watched; The House with a Clock in its Walls (2018)

I've been seeing a lot of movies for the first time because of this list. However my final cut ended up much shorter than I'd originally expected, turns out this decade didn't create to many movies that I enjoyed after multiple viewings. Or enough time hasn't passed to allow for more viewings to fully form my opinions.

I'm thinking I'll work my way back through earlier decades with movies I've had my whole life to enjoy and maybe find one or two hidden gems that I missed the first time around.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/29/2019, 7:48 pm

I almost watched The House with a Clock in its Walls but changed my mind, was it any good?

Watched Zombieland: Double Tap and it was good but not as good as the first one.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2019, 8:45 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I almost watched The House with a Clock in its Walls but changed my mind, was it any good?

Watched Zombieland: Double Tap and it was good but not as good as the first one.

I was intrigued by the fact that House starred Jack Black, Cate Blanchett and was directed by Eli Roth. That was a combination I found too weird to resist. But it was your standard family fare and I imagine it was along the same lines of Black's Goosebumps movies but maybe even more kid friendly.

It was worth the one viewing to satisfy my curiosity but it's not one that I'll watch again.

I watched House and Jumanji back to back so it was a Jack Black double feature and that was probably the only reason I even watched House as I'd never heard of it before Starz offered it up to me this morning.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/6/2020, 10:54 am

All of the movies I've watched since I last posted.

Airheads (1994)
The Scout (1994)
Hard Rain (1998)
Doom (2005)
Larry Crowne (2011)
Out of the Furnace (2013)
Back in Time (2015)
Overlord (2018)
The Commuter (2018)

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/6/2020, 11:44 am

My love for Airheads is never-ending.

I actually really like Larry Crowne, it’s just a nice little movie. It’s not trying to be a big laugh a minute comedy or deep drama or Oscar bait dramedy, it’s just a nice little movie and totally succeeds at it. Spec-tac-alar.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/6/2020, 12:11 pm

Tyger wrote:My love for Airheads is never-ending.

Any of you guys play Toon Blast on your phones?

My handle is The Lone Ranger and I made a group called TheLoneRangers. : ))))
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/6/2020, 3:09 pm

I actually really like Larry Crowne, it’s just a nice little movie. It’s not trying to be a big laugh a minute comedy or deep drama or Oscar bait dramedy, it’s just a nice little movie and totally succeeds at it. Spec-tac-alar.

Airheads is one of those I like to revisit every few years and it always holds up.

Larry Crowne really surprised me and I've seen it probably six times. I fully agree with what you said and his spec-tac-alar pronunciation is forever burned into my brain. I probably should have included it on my list.

joey con carne wrote:

Any of you guys play Toon Blast on your phones?

My handle is The Lone Ranger and I made a group called TheLoneRangers. : ))))

You can't pluralize The Lone Ranger!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/6/2020, 4:54 pm

WyldeMan wrote:You can't pluralize The Lone Ranger!

What's wrong with that?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/7/2020, 3:44 pm

joey con carne wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:You can't pluralize The Lone Ranger!

What's wrong with that?

Because they wouldn't be "lone" anymore..... Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/9/2020, 10:39 am

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (1988)
Leviathan (1989)
Orange County (2002)
Holes (2003)
Babylon AD (2008)
Columbiana (2011)
The Happytime Murders (2018)
Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018)

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/9/2020, 8:12 pm

Wylde, you've got your dates confused. It's 2010 to present.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/10/2020, 5:38 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Wylde, you've got your dates confused. It's 2010 to present.

Nah, I'm watching older stuff too for other lists. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/11/2020, 2:07 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Nah, I'm watching older stuff too for other lists. Cool

I was just kidding. But what other lists?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/11/2020, 2:43 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Nah, I'm watching older stuff too for other lists. Cool

I was just kidding. But what other lists?

I'm making other favorites of the decade lists starting back in the 80's.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/11/2020, 8:01 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I'm making other favorites of the decade lists starting back in the 80's.

Oh shit! My list is about to get a whole lot smaller. Embarassed
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/12/2020, 9:03 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I'm making other favorites of the decade lists starting back in the 80's.

Oh shit! My list is about to get a whole lot smaller. Embarassed

I was never intending to post them here, that'd be ridiculous. I was doing it for fun as I keep finding classics of my youth on streaming. At most I'd end up posting like a top ten of all-time type of list but I haven't made one of those lists since high school.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/12/2020, 9:32 am

Watched Doom: Annihilation. The ending was pretty stupid but the movie itself was a lot better than the one with Keith Urban and Dwayne Johnson. I give it a 5/10. I can't recommend this because of the ending but if you want to watch some mindless action, have at it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/12/2020, 9:32 am

Watched Doom: Annihilation. The ending was pretty stupid but the movie itself was a lot better than the one with Keith Urban and Dwayne Johnson. I give it a 5/10. I can't recommend this because of the ending but if you want to watch some mindless action, have at it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/12/2020, 10:29 am

joey con carne wrote:Watched Doom: Annihilation. The ending was pretty stupid but the movie itself was a lot better than the one with Keith Urban and Dwayne Johnson. I give it a 5/10. I can't recommend this because of the ending but if you want to watch some mindless action, have at it.

WOAH WOAH WOAH SIR!!! Having only just last week rewatched Doom starring bad ass KARL Urban and not pansy ass pop singer KEITH Urban and Doom is still awesome.  Cool

On a related note, what the fuck is Doom Annihilation?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/12/2020, 2:14 pm

I just watched Holy Matrimony (1994) for the first time in 25 years. As an adult, that movie is a much different experience and I can't believe some of the shit they got away with. What tripped me out the most though was that Leonard Nimoy directed it. 

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 2 Mv5bmg10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next