BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

5 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 5 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/29/2020, 9:49 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Warrior (2011) - A good fighting movie with characters who all seem to hate each other but rarely interact. Not one of my favorite Hardy movies.

Are you kidding me?!!! That's one of my favorite Hardy movies. You don't need to see them interact, it helps build up the final fight and also makes the family history more believable. Loved this movie!

Also, I didn't cry at the end of the movie.....I thought you should know that. Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 5 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 4/30/2020, 6:55 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Warrior (2011) - A good fighting movie with characters who all seem to hate each other but rarely interact. Not one of my favorite Hardy movies.

Are you kidding me?!!! That's one of my favorite Hardy movies. You don't need to see them interact, it helps build up the final fight and also makes the family history more believable. Loved this movie!

Also, I didn't cry at the end of the movie.....I thought you should know that. Razz

Meh, two brothers who hate each other even though they haven't seen each other in 15 years and spend maybe five minutes on screen together over a two hour period isn't that great of story telling, it's barely a story IMO.

Hardy doesn't even have a single scene with his smokin hot sister-in-law and the entire relationship with his father amounts to nothing more than a dude driving along side him while he runs, other that that Nolte served no purpose. He gets drunk near the end and listens to Moby Dick on tape then shows up after the final fight to make eye sad contact with his angry son, who hates him, wow that was amazingly deep story telling.

But wait, it's all ok because in the end one brother gets $5 million and Hardy gets arrested by the military off screen, despite his heroic life saving actions. What a feel good movie, this must be why you cried at the end and I just rolled my eyes and remembered why I hadn't watched Warrior again since 2011.

I don't mind movies where Hardy rarely speaks as The Drop and Fury Road are at the top of my list but this was a total dud. I spent over 10 years watching cage fighting and I still didn't care about what was happening. Yes, I recognized a few of the fighters and players behind the scene but the bad ass of the movie, Koba was Kurt Angle, come on man.....He's not an MMA guy, he's a WWE guy. Rolling Eyes

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/30/2020, 2:33 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Meh, two brothers who hate each other even though they haven't seen each other in 15 years and spend maybe five minutes on screen together over a two hour period isn't that great of story telling, it's barely a story IMO.

It was more than 5 mins. And there is that scene in the beach too, I felt that was an important scene to the fight in the end. Both of them weren't backing down from that fight.

WyldeMan wrote:Hardy doesn't even have a single scene with his smokin hot sister-in-law and the entire relationship with his father amounts to nothing more than a dude driving along side him while he runs, other that that Nolte served no purpose. He gets drunk near the end and listens to Moby Dick on tape then shows up after the final fight to make eye sad contact with his angry son, who hates him, wow that was amazingly deep story telling.

He wasn't a good dad to them obviously and him crying is just seeing them come together at the end despite their troubles growing up and the pain he caused.

Hardy doesn't share a scene with his sister-in-law......he doesn't even talk to his brother or father, why would he get close to his family?

WyldeMan wrote:But wait, it's all ok because in the end one brother gets $5 million and Hardy gets arrested by the military off screen, despite his heroic life saving actions. What a feel good movie, this must be why you cried at the end and I just rolled my eyes and remembered why I hadn't watched Warrior again since 2011.

He went AWOL if I remember correctly, that ending makes perfect sense. What happens to him after credits is irrelevant to the story between the brothers and family. Maybe they go easy on him for his heroic actions, who knows...

WyldeMan wrote:I don't mind movies where Hardy rarely speaks as The Drop and Fury Road are at the top of my list but this was a total dud. I spent over 10 years watching cage fighting and I still didn't care about what was happening. Yes, I recognized a few of the fighters and players behind the scene but the bad ass of the movie, Koba was Kurt Angle, come on man.....He's not an MMA guy, he's a WWE guy. Rolling Eyes

You know this guy because you watch wrestling but I don't know who he is. You're focusing on the wrong things you heartless bastard!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/30/2020, 3:45 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:It was more than 5 mins. And there is that scene in the beach too, I felt that was an important scene to the fight in the end. Both of them weren't backing down from that fight.

I was actually counting that angry beach stare down. Pretty sure their fight wasn't more than a few minutes too.

UltimateMarvel wrote:He wasn't a good dad to them obviously and him crying is just seeing them come together at the end despite their troubles growing up and the pain he caused.

It was established that their father was a drunk irish sack of shit with a line or two of dialogue but his character served no purpose. Tommy could have just trained with the fight trainer who came to his dad's house, instead that dude also served no purpose when he could have easily stepped in for the role their father ended up playing.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Hardy doesn't share a scene with his sister-in-law......he doesn't even talk to his brother or father, why would he get close to his family?

Uh, cause she's fucking hot and his brother and father are chuds. Instead he's just a stranger beting the shit out of her husband as she mean mugs through the cage fence.

UltimateMarvel wrote:He went AWOL if I remember correctly, that ending makes perfect sense. What happens to him after credits is irrelevant to the story between the brothers and family. Maybe they go easy on him for his heroic actions, who knows...

Yes he went AWOL after the Marines dropped a shitload of "friendly fire" bombs and murdered his platoon. He then bailed and on his way out of country stopped to rip the door of a tank and saved a squad of jarheads from drowning. This was the only real part of the story that felt like it had potential but it was put on back burner as quickly as it was told before being dropped after stating the jarhead police were hear to drag him away in cuffs. Even as hundreds of jarheads and fight fans cheered for him. Why would I need to know what happened to the main character in a story plot that ran directly through the entire movie? Cause that's how movie plots get resolved!!!!!  

UltimateMarvel wrote:You know this guy because you watch wrestling but I don't know who he is. You're focusing on the wrong things you heartless bastard!

Koba the unstoppable Russia by way of Pennsylvania, this is why the movie's "big bad villain" doesn't utter a line of dialogue.  Razz Razz

Angle has been around for over 20 years it's not my fault you don't know a real Olympic gold medalist wrassler who won his gold with a broken neck.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/1/2020, 2:58 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Yes he went AWOL after the Marines dropped a shitload of "friendly fire" bombs and murdered his platoon. He then bailed and on his way out of country stopped to rip the door of a tank and saved a squad of jarheads from drowning. This was the only real part of the story that felt like it had potential but it was put on back burner as quickly as it was told before being dropped after stating the jarhead police were hear to drag him away in cuffs. Even as hundreds of jarheads and fight fans cheered for him. Why would I need to know what happened to the main character in a story plot that ran directly through the entire movie? Cause that's how movie plots get resolved!!!!!

That was his reason for fighting, he wanted to help his friend's family by giving them the money. He lost the fight so he doesn't get the money. What happens to him next is he goes to jail and serves time or he gets a slap on the wrist for heroic actions like you said. Maybe Brendan, now that they have reconciled, gives him the money because the other family needs it more. Point is, the story had more depth and was more fulfilling until that fight. What happens next is just icing on the cake in my opinion.

I just watched that scene on YouTube again which I haven't seen in a long time and the fight alone is 10 mins so I call horseshit on your "5 mins scene argument" Twisted Evil

And then there is the song during the fight that's just perfect for the scene.

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 5 Giphy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/1/2020, 7:15 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:That was his reason for fighting, he wanted to help his friend's family by giving them the money. He lost the fight so he doesn't get the money. What happens to him next is he goes to jail and serves time or he gets a slap on the wrist for heroic actions like you said. Maybe Brendan, now that they have reconciled, gives him the money because the other family needs it more. Point is, the story had more depth and was more fulfilling until that fight. What happens next is just icing on the cake in my opinion.

I just watched that scene on YouTube again which I haven't seen in a long time and the fight alone is 10 mins so I call horseshit on your "5 mins scene argument" Twisted Evil

And then there is the song during the fight that's just perfect for the scene.

Oh right, they spoke to each other for three minutes on the beach and then punched each other in their heads for ten minutes. You're right, that is top notch storytelling. You've won this argument and I now proclaim Warrior, the greatest movie of all-time.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/1/2020, 8:32 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Oh right, they spoke to each other for three minutes on the beach and then punched each other in their heads for ten minutes. You're right, that is top notch storytelling. You've won this argument and I now proclaim Warrior, the greatest movie of all-time.

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 5 Giphy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/2/2020, 4:10 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Extraction: Great action movie starring Chris Hemsworth. The action in this movie is pretty damn good. After the movie, I looked up the director and it turned out it's his first movie as director and he's actually a stuntman from various huge movies. Explains why the action was so good.

I just watched this. Not bad, and as an Aussie it was great to hear Chris in his natural accent - however, it was essentially a John Wick'd out version of Luc Besson's Leon: The Professional, or even Tony Scott's Man of Fire. Great action, but unlike those two films, the story suffers for it.

This leads me to my next watched movie. John Wick 3: Parabellum.

I had resisted this for ages because, as much as I loved the simplicity of the first film, the second film was typical Hollywood  sequel "same but excess". Unfortunately, Parabellum suffered from "franchise syndrome" and went full retard. It became excruciatingly close to the Hollywood franchise film language known as Fast & Furious retardese. That's not a good thing.

The dogs were its saving grace ... and Mark Dacascos. I like him.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/2/2020, 8:30 am

Rusty wrote:I just watched this. Not bad, and as an Aussie it was great to hear Chris in his natural accent - however, it was essentially a John Wick'd out version of Luc Besson's Leon: The Professional, or even Tony Scott's Man of Fire. Great action, but unlike those two films, the story suffers for it.

This leads me to my next watched movie. John Wick 3: Parabellum.

I had resisted this for ages because, as much as I loved the simplicity of the first film, the second film was typical Hollywood  sequel "same but excess". Unfortunately, Parabellum suffered from "franchise syndrome" and went full retard. It became excruciatingly close to the Hollywood franchise film language known as Fast & Furious retardese. That's not a good thing.

The dogs were its saving grace ... and Mark Dacascos. I like him.

I've seen the brothers Hemsworth in many projects over the years but I don't know if I've ever heard any of them use their natural prison colony accents before.

Chapter 3 introducing John's secret Russian backstory was jumping the franchise shark into a Furious pool of retardation. Chapter 4 just got delayed yesterday until June 2022 but I can't say I really care at this point. I loved the first movie and watched it a dozen times but the last two chapters weren't even worth a second viewing.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/5/2020, 7:58 am

Hey Rust, apparently Extraction is already Netflix's most viewed feature film ever so the sequel was announced this morning. Hemsworth and writer Joe Russo are returning.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/5/2020, 2:01 pm

Miami Vice (2006) - It felt like Michael Mann took what I loved about his series and ripped its heart out for this movie. It was Miami Vice in name only and was a boring disappointment.

Demolition Man (1993) - I've enjoyed Demolition Man since I was 8 years old and I enjoy it just as much at 34. I will never tire of this movie and the more time that passes the more relevant it becomes. The fact that Stallone never made a sequel to this while he made a half dozen Rocky and Rambo movies has always been a frustrating disappointment to me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/5/2020, 2:06 pm

I think Stallone just said recently that a sequel is green lit
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/5/2020, 2:10 pm

Tyger wrote:I think Stallone just said recently that a sequel is green lit

He's been known to mention it over the years but he never actually does anything with it. I'll believe it when the script is done and rolling. Until then, I'll just expect more Rambo movies I don't want.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/15/2020, 10:30 pm

Watching Overdrive on Netflix. Quite the stinker. All the cliche's, bad acting, and terrible script a straight to home video release deserves.

Scott Eastwood's film selection doesn't have quit the same quality as his old man's.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/16/2020, 7:40 am

Rusty wrote:Watching Overdrive on Netflix. Quite the stinker. All the cliche's, bad acting, and terrible script a straight to home video release deserves.

Scott Eastwood's film selection doesn't have quit the same quality as his old man's.

Scott Eastwood may look like his father but he lacks the gravitas in most of his roles, he comes across like a pretty boy coasting on his father's coat tails when he's really just one of Clint's many bastards. I liked Scott in Diablo the one time I watched it but he's not a very memorable actor and his casting doesn't draw me to his terrible projects. If not for his daddy, he wouldn't be anything more than a silent male model.

Now in terms of actor's sons who have actual talent, Wyatt Russell is much more like his father in not only looks but a good eye for interesting projects that show his wide range. I always see whatever projects Wyatt puts out because I know he's got the gravitas to keep me watching and he's yet to really disappoint me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/12/2020, 3:02 pm

Donnie Brasco
Half Baked
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
The Truman Show
Beyond the Mat
Anthony Jeselnik: Thoughts and Prayers
Anthony Jeselnik: Fire in the Maternity Ward
Chris D'Elia: Incorrigible
Chris D'Elia: Man on Fire
Chris D'Elia: No Pain
Patton Oswalt: Talking for Clapping
Patton Oswalt: Annihilation
Patton Oswalt: I Love Everything
Adam Sandler 100% Fresh
The Do-Over

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/12/2020, 7:07 pm

Damn! How long did that take?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/12/2020, 9:01 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Donnie Brasco
Half Baked
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
The Truman Show
Beyond the Mat
Anthony Jeselnik: Thoughts and Prayers
Anthony Jeselnik: Fire in the Maternity Ward
Chris D'Elia: Incorrigible
Chris D'Elia: Man on Fire
Chris D'Elia: No Pain
Patton Oswalt: Talking for Clapping
Patton Oswalt: Annihilation
Patton Oswalt: I Love Everything
Adam Sandler 100% Fresh
The Do-Over

What's Once Upon... like? I love Tarantino's shit, but there's just something about this that makes me not want to hit the play button. I don't even have to pay for it, but I still can't get into the mood to watch it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/20/2020, 6:31 am

Rambo: Last Blood.

Dumb. As. Fuck.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2020, 7:55 am

Rusty wrote:Rambo: Last Blood.

Dumb. As. Fuck.

Yep, I was massively disappointed with Last Blood as I've enjoyed all Rambo films until now but when did Rambo turn into Death Wish? He's never needed an innocent girl being brutalized and murdered to go into action. He's the original John Wick with Nam based PTSD, he'll kill anybody with a weapon.

I really wished Stallone had chosen to end the franchise with Rambo because that was not only a really solid movie that still holds up but his return home felt like a fitting end to the franchise and the opportunity for John to finally be at peace. But because of Last Blood we now know that John returned to an adopted Mexican family that was then ripped from his arms and his peaceful farm was destroyed.

But John Rambo will always be at war and intends to reach Valhalla in battle by any means necessary.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/20/2020, 6:55 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Yep, I was massively disappointed with Last Blood as I've enjoyed all Rambo films until now but when did Rambo turn into Death Wish? He's never needed an innocent girl being brutalized and murdered to go into action. He's the original John Wick with Nam based PTSD, he'll kill anybody with a weapon.

I really wished Stallone had chosen to end the franchise with Rambo because that was not only a really solid movie that still holds up but his return home felt like a fitting end to the franchise and the opportunity for John to finally be at peace. But because of Last Blood we now know that John returned to an adopted Mexican family that was then ripped from his arms and his peaceful farm was destroyed.

But John Rambo will always be at war and intends to reach Valhalla in battle by any means necessary.

I felt the same way. First Blood is such a classic, and I always though Rambo was a good send-off.

Stallone looked terrible too. He's had so much work done. He looked like a 30 year old in makeup trying to look 60. He has zero facial expressions.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2020, 7:28 pm

Rusty wrote:I felt the same way. First Blood is such a classic, and I always though Rambo was a good send-off.

Stallone looked terrible too. He's had so much work done. He looked like a 30 year old in makeup trying to look 60. He has zero facial expressions.

I've rewatched all of the Rambo films countless times in my life since childhood but I never hated one until Last Blood and I don't think I'd bother rewatching, I will always opt to end the franchise with Rambo and pretend that Last Blood doesn't exist, at least until Last Blood Part II is inevitably released. Razz

Stallone's face now shows as much emotion as a Botoxed housewife.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/29/2020, 7:05 pm

Double Dope Feature:

The Last Samurai
Hell or High Water

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/29/2020, 8:13 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Double Dope Feature:

The Last Samurai
Hell or High Water

Wait, I thought you didn't like Tom Cruise?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/29/2020, 8:22 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Double Dope Feature:

The Last Samurai
Hell or High Water

Wait, I thought you didn't like Tom Cruise?

I think Tom Cruise is an insane stuntman who worships aliens and doesn't live in reality but occasionally I do enjoy his movies. The Last Samurai is one I revisit every five years or so and still enjoy and he doesn't Tom Cruise run or blow up and bounce off anything, not once in the whole movie!! It's a true oddity in his catalog.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/15/2020, 7:16 pm

The Old Guard: Great action movie. I thought the choreography was really good. Theron did a great job. She's been killing it in the stunt department, first in Atomic Blonde and now this. Story wasn't deep but I could see this branching 2 more movies. I haven't watched a movie in a while so this was good entertainment. Immortality and super healing, that's a super power I wouldn't mind having.

KiKi Layne also did a great job. I looked her up and it looks like she's a fairly new actress.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/17/2020, 5:05 pm

I also watched The Old Guard. Good shit.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/20/2020, 12:36 pm

I also watched the OG. I hope we get the sequel they teased hard throughout.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2020, 3:33 pm

Tyger wrote:I also watched the OG. I hope we get the sequel they teased hard throughout.

Guard has already become Netflix's most watched original movie in three weeks with something like 85 million views so I wouldn't worry too much about not getting the sequels.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/19/2020, 3:06 pm

The Devil All the Time: Good movie. Nice to see Holland do something different. Pattinson is great playing a twisted Preacher. Bill Skarsgard also shines, it's just a good cast all around.

Riley Keough plays yet another role where has to get nekkid. After first seeing her in The Girlfriend Experience, I feel like those are the type of roles she usually gets.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/20/2020, 6:36 pm

Just finished watching Mercenaries on the The Asylum channel on Pluto TV. Check out this cast:

Cynthia Rothrock
Kristanna Loken
Vivica A. Fox
Bridgette Nielson
Zoe Bell

With the exception of Zoe Bell, that's an all-star cast right there.

Gosh, the movie sucked so bad. Dios mio.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/20/2020, 6:43 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just finished watching Mercenaries on the The Asylum channel on Pluto TV. Check out this cast:

Cynthia Rothrock
Kristanna Loken
Vivica A. Fox
Bridgette Nielson
Zoe Bell

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/20/2020, 7:36 pm

Did you watch this, too, Russ? I don't understand why Zoe Bell is in the middle of that thumbnail like she's some big star. Clearly, it should be Cynthia Rothrock or Bridgette Nielson in the middle.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/20/2020, 10:16 pm

joey con carne wrote:Did you watch this, too, Russ? I don't understand why Zoe Bell is in the middle of that thumbnail like she's some big star. Clearly, it should be Cynthia Rothrock or Bridgette Nielson in the middle.

No I only Google'd it after reading your post. Saw the whole movie is on YT. I've added it to my watch list.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/21/2020, 9:47 am

joey con carne wrote:Just finished watching Mercenaries on the The Asylum channel on Pluto TV. Check out this cast:

Cynthia Rothrock
Kristanna Loken
Vivica A. Fox
Bridgette Nielson
Zoe Bell

I'll give you Rothrock being a bad ass three decades ago but calling this an all-star cast with Lesbian Terminator and Vivica A Fox? How dare you sir! Zoe Bell is a bonafide sexy bad ass!!! Her legendary stuntwoman status cannot be questioned meanwhile Brigette Nielson is just an uggo giantess who made one good movie with Stallone 35 years ago. Zoe would be the lone reason I would ever even attempt to watch that trashbag of a movie!

Joey...you disappoint me sir!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/21/2020, 9:57 am

LOL I was just being a dick because I know you guys have seen Zoe Bell in action. She isn't some huge superstar but the stuff she does that I have seen is fairly entertaining. I think it's pretty cool she started her career as a stuntwoman and then transitioned to actually being the star in a few movies.

Russ had no reaction when I was ripping on Zoe Bell but I figured you would chime in at some point. However, Russ did add this to his watchlist and it appears to be free in its entirety on YouTube via the link he provided. You guys should check it out. Fair warning, it's not that great but ehhhh (picture a guy holding his hand flat, palm down, and shaking it).
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/21/2020, 10:19 am

joey con carne wrote:LOL I was just being a dick because I know you guys have seen Zoe Bell in action. She isn't some huge superstar but the stuff she does that I have seen is fairly entertaining. I think it's pretty cool she started her career as a stuntwoman and then transitioned to actually being the star in a few movies.

Russ had no reaction when I was ripping on Zoe Bell but I figured you would chime in at some point. However, Russ did add this to his watchlist and it appears to be free in its entirety on YouTube via the link he provided. You guys should check it out. Fair warning, it's not that great but ehhhh (picture a guy holding his hand flat, palm down, and shaking it).

Zoe got started as Xena's stuntwoman and Xena was my first exposure to a gorgeous warrior princess who could fight, so my life for both Zoe and Lucy Lawless will never fade.

Rust is an Aussie and Zoe is a Kiwi and we all know their people hate each other because dumbass Americans can't tell their accents apart.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/21/2020, 10:51 am

We were talking about her not too long ago and you posted that very same clip. They should really put her in one of the Wonder Woman movies.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/21/2020, 11:22 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:We were talking about her not too long ago and you posted that very same clip. They should really put her in one of the Wonder Woman movies.

That's because that scene is fucking amazing and if you watch it and still think she's nothing special, then you're dead to me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/21/2020, 12:24 pm

Have any of you guys seen Mulan yet?

I watched it the other day. For what it was, it was aiight.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/21/2020, 3:13 pm

joey con carne wrote:Have any of you guys seen Mulan yet?

Nope but I have enjoyed reading some of the angry protest tweets from people not wanting to pay Disney+ $30 for a movie rental because the movie doesn't have singing or a dragon.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/22/2020, 11:19 am

joey con carne wrote:Have any of you guys seen Mulan yet?

No way! And it's not just the negative reviews, there is some controversy about the location where it was filmed too.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/22/2020, 1:04 pm

The movie is definitely a departure from the animated version and is a little darker. I wish they made it really dark because it's freaking about war. War ain't pretty.

Anyways, if you have never seen the animated film, it might be better because you'll have no expectations. I'm glad there wasn't any singing or stupid dragon.

Funny thing: For a film in America about Chinese peeps, there's no Chinese subtitles for the film! LOL what a joke. There's like 12 different subtitle languages but no Chinese. jackasses.

I didn't know about the controversy regarding the filming locations until you mentioned it but I do know the main actor, Yifei Liu, was getting shit on for saying certain things to protect her own career. I don't blame her one bit. If I was in her position I would have done the same.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/26/2020, 11:09 am

*Raw Deal (1986) - Classic Schwarzenegger except he doesn't kill anybody until the final 15 minutes, then he kills everybody.

*Django Unchained (2012) - I'd forgotten just how good this really was. One of QT's finest but I wish he'd make a sequel because Django's story felt like it was still at the beginning and they did make those Django comic books....

*The Night Comes For Us (2018) - Indonesian martial arts movie starring Joe Taslim and Iko Uwais. I've seen several movies with Taslim and Uwais and it's always frenetic endless violence and maximum gore with a very minimal plot thrown in. But The Night was bloodier than Django and had endless machete fights despite being much shorter.

*Babysitter Killer Queen (2020) - An alright sequel with a few funny moments but this one felt more like a plot device to get to a third movie than a proper sequel.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/26/2020, 12:55 pm

Robin's Wish - Learning what he was going through and his changes in cognitive behavior was sad. Lewy Body Dementia is an evil disease that I had no idea existed until you mentioned it Wylde, it just slowly destroys who you are and Robin always had that energy with his comedy and body movement. This was a great insight to what he was going through in his last days. He was an amazing comedian, actor, and person.

"I want to help people be less afraid."
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next