BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

5 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 9 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 11/11/2023, 9:10 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I've only seen Mia in A Cure for Wellness before but she didn't leave much of an impression but after seeing her in X and also in Infinity Pool, she is very talented. I saw an interview with her and I was like WTF? I thought she was American.

Shia LeBouf's baby mama is on the come up especially in the horror genre and her willingness to do constant nekkidness doesn't seem to be hurting her career too much.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 9 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/11/2023, 12:00 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Shia LeBouf's baby mama is on the come up especially in the horror genre and her willingness to do constant nekkidness doesn't seem to be hurting her career too much.

She's with Shia? So she's the one he was talking so highly of in Jon Bernthal's podcast? That's very interesting and what an unlikely pairing.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/11/2023, 12:27 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Shia LeBouf's baby mama is on the come up especially in the horror genre and her willingness to do constant nekkidness doesn't seem to be hurting her career too much.

She's with Shia? So she's the one he was talking so highly of in Jon Bernthal's podcast? That's very interesting and what an unlikely pairing.

Yes, Mia is who Shia was talking about in the Bernthal Podcast. Mia and Shia met during filming of Nymphomaniac Part II. What a heart warming story to tell their daughter when she grows up. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/1/2024, 4:32 am

Trying to watch Zak Snyder's Rebel Moon. Part One: A Child of Fire on Netflix. I'm an hour in and this is an absolute steaming pile of shit.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/1/2024, 9:20 am

Rusty wrote:Trying to watch Zak Snyder's Rebel Moon. Part One: A Child of Fire on Netflix. I'm an hour in and this is an absolute steaming pile of shit.

I had the same reaction.

Normally I'm a big fan of The Volume because The Mandalorian has shown how to utilize it correctly but Snyder just made the sky and ground the same color so everything is slathered in red and in constant slo-moand it all blurred together to look ugly. 

I kept waiting for something to happen but it was just yet another very predictable rehash of Seven Samurai.

I was not left anxiously awaiting the second volume, I was just left wishing I'd stopped watching sooner.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/1/2024, 11:11 am

I guess we all thought Rebel Moon was shit. lol A lot of the slo-mo was just unnecessary. Charlie Hunnam was wasted and should have been given a different role. Most of the time was wasted on recruiting the team in this movie and I don't know how much time they're going to have in Part 2 to cover the events of the death of the Princess and her parents.

Did not notice The Volume but some scenes did look weird, even Kora's first scene at the farm. I knew it looked off but wasn't sure what it was.

WyldeMan wrote:Yes, Mia is who Shia was talking about in the Bernthal Podcast. Mia and Shia met during filming of Nymphomaniac Part II. What a heart warming story to tell their daughter when she grows up. Razz

Did they have a relationship with their characters in the movie too? I never watched Nymphomaniac. I saw the trailers and some clips and I just couldn't get into that style of cinematography and the subject just wasn't interesting to me. It's too artistic for my taste.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/1/2024, 4:20 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:Trying to watch Zak Snyder's Rebel Moon. Part One: A Child of Fire on Netflix. I'm an hour in and this is an absolute steaming pile of shit.

I had the same reaction.

Normally I'm a big fan of The Volume because The Mandalorian has shown how to utilize it correctly but Snyder just made the sky and ground the same color so everything is slathered in red and in constant slo-moand it all blurred together to look ugly. 

I kept waiting for something to happen but it was just yet another very predictable rehash of Seven Samurai.

I was not left anxiously awaiting the second volume, I was just left wishing I'd stopped watching sooner.

UltimateMarvel wrote:I guess we all thought Rebel Moon was shit. lol A lot of the slo-mo was just unnecessary. Charlie Hunnam was wasted and should have been given a different role. Most of the time was wasted on recruiting the team in this movie and I don't know how much time they're going to have in Part 2 to cover the events of the death of the Princess and her parents.

Did not notice The Volume but some scenes did look weird, even Kora's first scene at the farm. I knew it looked off but wasn't sure what it was.

I didn't realise this was a Volume shot production. It did look weird at times though. There was even a scene or two that were completely out of focus. Even the principal actor. Zack tried to go super shallow on some shots but missed critical focus on the main subject, so everything was off.

It had zero weight to it. Nothing mattered. I didn't care about anybody. I didn't care about the good guys winning, or the bad guys losing. It was just all clunky cliched poorly delivered dialogue, over-used slo-mo. Shit, they even went with the old "lets dress the bad guys like Nazi officers" trope.

The story was just shit. It felt like jumping in to season 7 of Game of Thrones blind. I'm suppose to care about the big reveal of who each person was, without knowing a single part of their history.

The whole thing felt like it was made just so they could get some shots for a cool looking trailer.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/1/2024, 10:11 pm

Rusty wrote:I didn't realise this was a Volume shot production. It did look weird at times though. There was even a scene or two that were completely out of focus. Even the principal actor. Zack tried to go super shallow on some shots but missed critical focus on the main subject, so everything was off.

It had zero weight to it. Nothing mattered. I didn't care about anybody. I didn't care about the good guys winning, or the bad guys losing. It was just all clunky cliched poorly delivered dialogue, over-used slo-mo. Shit, they even went with the old "lets dress the bad guys like Nazi officers" trope.

The story was just shit. It felt like jumping in to season 7 of Game of Thrones blind. I'm suppose to care about the big reveal of who each person was, without knowing a single part of their history.

The whole thing felt like it was made just so they could get some shots for a cool looking trailer.

I've begun to instantly recognize the Volume in productions and they're popping up everywhere. Indications seem that it is the future for most shows and movies at Disney and Marvel.

The new Percy Jackson series on Disney+ is another Volume saturated series. My niece was watching it the other day and I couldn't help but notice how lifeless everything in the forest looked. It's seems most productions are entirely abandoning filming outdoors now so they can film exclusively on the new Volume sets. It's like we're returning to the 1930-1950's all over again with some CGI slathered in. As I mentioned before with The Mandalorian I don't tend to notice the constant use of the Volume because they take a careful approach to the colors schemes and making sure they stand out from each other but when everything is the same color it all just looks hollow, flat and fake to me.

I agree with you on on not caring about the story or the characters, it was all style over substance, albeit out of focus style over substance.

Your GoT comparison is even funnier when you consider that two of the Rebel Moon male leads were Daario Naharis. Razz

About ten minutes after I asked myself "How did this start out as a Star Wars project they don't even have anything close to lightsabers" her swords ignited.... 

Snyder is a slo-mo sci-fi Michael Bay with the depth of parking lot puddle who never stops talking about his many planned Director's Cuts. He's hyping the Rebel Moon DC currently and he's got his producer doing the same hyping all the extra scenes and introductions to the Samurai lite gang which I'm sure we'll all be anxiously awaiting for. Just a few weeks back he was talking about how he'd like to do Sucker Punch reshoots after more than a decade so he can release s DC for that one too. 

Snyder's a one trick slo-mo pony who always fails to deliver a good movie the first time around but always promises he's got a superior cut that will be awesome if the studio would just stop hindering his creative genius. Rolling Eyes

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/2/2024, 6:33 pm

Whoa ... bad movie number 2 in as many days. I caved and am currently watching Fast X.

Holy fuck this is terrible. The retardese has reached a spectacular level, and Jason Mamoa is performing his best Heath Ledger's Joker impersonation.

Brie Larson is hot though.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/2/2024, 8:41 pm

Rusty wrote:Whoa ... bad movie number 2 in as many days. I caved and am currently watching Fast X.

Holy fuck this is terrible. The retardese has reached a spectacular level, and Jason Mamoa is performing his best Heath Ledger's Joker impersonation.

Brie Larson is hot though.

Oof, anything in the Fast franchise is a no-win situation.

But yes, Brie Larson deserves better.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/2/2024, 9:16 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

It's almost worth it for Mamoa's performance. Almost. What started as a Heath Ledger Joker impersonation soon turned into something much more psychopathic and entertaining. It was over the top, but sorely needed as everyone else on screen had the presence & charisma of a peanut. The story and direction itself shared that same peanut.

That's two stinkers in a row for me. Might try and find something a little more worthwhile for my next effort.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/2/2024, 11:49 pm

Yeah, Mamoa's performance sure stood out and it was both good and bad at times. I didn't think the movie would end in a cliffhanger but I'm going to guess Dom and his son make it out of there. Please let the next one be the last of this franchise!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/3/2024, 1:24 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, Mamoa's performance sure stood out and it was both good and bad at times. I didn't think the movie would end in a cliffhanger but I'm going to guess Dom and his son make it out of there. Please let the next one be the last of this franchise!

I think I read it will be the final, that's why they split it in two parts.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/3/2024, 12:17 pm

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

It's almost worth it for Mamoa's performance. Almost. What started as a Heath Ledger Joker impersonation soon turned into something much more psychopathic and entertaining. It was over the top, but sorely needed as everyone else on screen had the presence & charisma of a peanut. The story and direction itself shared that same peanut.

That's two stinkers in a row for me. Might try and find something a little more worthwhile for my next effort.

I can't wait for the sequels when they turn Momoa from heel to babyface just like every single other villain in this ridiculous franchise.

Rusty wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, Mamoa's performance sure stood out and it was both good and bad at times. I didn't think the movie would end in a cliffhanger but I'm going to guess Dom and his son make it out of there. Please let the next one be the last of this franchise!

I think I read it will be the final, that's why they split it in two parts.

Momoa must have been heavily inspired by Nice Cage and John Travolta in this role because his acting was all over the fuckin place.

Fast will never die, they're gonna keep the franchise rolling forever even if it's straight to streaming and all starring Tyrese. I see multiple spin-offs and Netflix animes in its future.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/11/2024, 12:48 pm

Silent Night (2023) - Joel Kinnaman stars as an unarmed father who's shot in the throat after a foot chase against gangbangers with automatics who killed his little boy in a Christmas drive by and then he dedicates the next year tackling dummies in his garage and pretending to fight them instead of getting proper training. He learns all his necessary revenge skills through a couple months of YouTube tutorials in the garage and then sets out to get revenge in the most basic ways possible. If only he'd spent some of that time properly planning his attack and not just wildly reacting. 

Don't get me started on the fact that not a single character talks. If every person is a mute, then why bother shooting the lead character in the throat? I knew he'd be silent but it is never explained why his wife, the cops or the bad guys never talk. 

John Woo took twenty years off and came back with the same duel pistol wielding basic revenge movies he made his career on only this time he even skipped the dialogue, plot and relied on Kinnaman's idiot character's facial reactions. It's a revenge movie without memorable death scenes and that was yet another big disappointment.

Silent Night was not a terrible movie but it's not one I'd bother wasting my time with again when there are literally dozens of revenge movies that are leaps and bounds superior in ever single way and it's not one that I will recommend to you guys even though I know Abe will enjoy it and recommend it. I just have higher expectations.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/1/2024, 8:04 pm

I watched Scream 5 & 6 and they were as bad as or worse than expected.

I watched Pearl, the prequel to X which I watched around October, and I found it to be much more interesting.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/1/2024, 9:13 pm

Tyger wrote:I watched Scream 5 & 6 and they were as bad as or worse than expected.

I watched Pearl, the prequel to X which I watched around October, and I found it to be much more interesting.

I came to the same conclusion. At least Pearl and X surprised me, I knew every beat and turn the Screams were going to make from the opening ten minutes of both. Pure trash. I'm sure when all is said and done, they're just going to bring back Neve again.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/2/2024, 1:29 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Silent Night (2023) - Joel Kinnaman stars as an unarmed father who's shot in the throat after a foot chase against gangbangers with automatics who killed his little boy in a Christmas drive by and then he dedicates the next year tackling dummies in his garage and pretending to fight them instead of getting proper training. He learns all his necessary revenge skills through a couple months of YouTube tutorials in the garage and then sets out to get revenge in the most basic ways possible. If only he'd spent some of that time properly planning his attack and not just wildly reacting. 

Don't get me started on the fact that not a single character talks. If every person is a mute, then why bother shooting the lead character in the throat? I knew he'd be silent but it is never explained why his wife, the cops or the bad guys never talk. 

John Woo took twenty years off and came back with the same duel pistol wielding basic revenge movies he made his career on only this time he even skipped the dialogue, plot and relied on Kinnaman's idiot character's facial reactions. It's a revenge movie without memorable death scenes and that was yet another big disappointment.

Silent Night was not a terrible movie but it's not one I'd bother wasting my time with again when there are literally dozens of revenge movies that are leaps and bounds superior in ever single way and it's not one that I will recommend to you guys even though I know Abe will enjoy it and recommend it. I just have higher expectations.

I like Kinnaman but I have to agree with everything you said about this movie. I didn't know there was no dialogue and I didn't understand why his wife wouldn't communicate with him after he was discharged from the hospital. There is nothing original about the revenge story, it was disappointing and I expected more from the trailer.

Tyger wrote:I watched Scream 5 & 6 and they were as bad as or worse than expected.

WyldeMan wrote:I came to the same conclusion. At least Pearl and X surprised me, I knew every beat and turn the Screams were going to make from the opening ten minutes of both. Pure trash. I'm sure when all is said and done, they're just going to bring back Neve again.

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 9 Giphy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/2/2024, 2:05 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I like Kinnaman but I have to agree with everything you said about this movie. I didn't know there was no dialogue and I didn't understand why his wife wouldn't communicate with him after he was discharged from the hospital. There is nothing original about the revenge story, it was disappointing and I expected more from the trailer.

I keep expecting better from Kinnaman but every time I give one of his movies a chance, I always regret it. I think I need to put Kinnaman on the bench for awhile and just skip all of his upcoming projects for the next few years until he does something in tv again. I haven't cared for a movie that he's made yet I've enjoyed his work in tv. It's the Jon Hamm effect again.

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 9 Giphy

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 9 F1c4bc2049b7318694ae2d8f834a7c116baa9da3

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/3/2024, 10:26 pm

Scream needs Neve, the new lead is terrible and even Ortega is boring. That being said, there never needed to be more than one Scream and each new movie feels like it’s going out of its way to prove that.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/3/2024, 10:44 pm

Tyger wrote:Scream needs Neve, the new lead is terrible and even Ortega is boring. That being said, there never needed to be more than one Scream and each new movie feels like it’s going out of its way to prove that.

I look forward to the sequel that reveals Stu Macher survived that tv crushing his skull and that he has in fact been living in a mental asylum hiding the fact that he's turned into Jigsaw from the Punisher. That feels like a good Scream X plot.

But in Scream VII, Sydney should get another secret sibling like in Scream 3 since they established her mother was very well worn territory and we have no idea how many other secret angry bastards are out there. Basically this is a rehash of Scream 5's rehashing of Scream 3's rehashing of Scream. so it's like a quadruple rehash cause you know, modern. 

OR because every Scream movie MUST be about a family of killers, we bring back Mickey's never once mentioned secret identical twin brother from Scream 2 and we get Olyphant back up in this bitch to slice and dice. 

I got so many horribly formulaic trope ideas for this franchise, they just flow out of me like I'm in Radio Silence.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/4/2024, 7:15 pm

I shared your ideas with the writers, I told them I came up with them, and they laughed at me and asked me if ChatGPT wrote them. I lost all respect. Wylde, that may be your worst ideas ever all rolled into one post. Please delete and set that bitch on fire. Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 9 1f525 I'm so disappointed in you!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/5/2024, 10:08 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I shared your ideas with the writers, I told them I came up with them, and they laughed at me and asked me if ChatGPT wrote them. I lost all respect. Wylde, that may be your worst ideas ever all rolled into one post. Please delete and set that bitch on fire. Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 9 1f525 I'm so disappointed in you!

Oh come on, I put no thought into it and all of my instincts told me to follow my very first ideas. So I definitely got what it takes to make it in Hollywood.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/6/2024, 2:11 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Oh come on, I put no thought into it and all of my instincts told me to follow my very first ideas. So I definitely got what it takes to make it in Hollywood.

"Bad ideas but he's got the right attitude. He's hired!" jocolor
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/6/2024, 2:37 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Oh come on, I put no thought into it and all of my instincts told me to follow my very first ideas. So I definitely got what it takes to make it in Hollywood.

"Bad ideas but he's got the right attitude. He's hired!" jocolor

Great! Now let's discuss my completely original debut film "When Wolf" about the adventures of a time traveling werewolf named Ian.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/6/2024, 5:35 pm

Watched: Transformers: Rise of the Beasts.

Wish I didn't.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/6/2024, 6:17 pm

Rusty wrote:Watched: Transformers: Rise of the Beasts.

Wish I didn't.

What a massive pile of shit that was huh?

I still can't believe they figured out a way to make Michael Bay's Transformers watchable by comparison.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/6/2024, 7:42 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Great! Now let's discuss my completely original debut film "When Wolf" about the adventures of a time traveling werewolf named Ian.

This is the kind of storytelling we need today. MORE! MORE!

No, that's hilarious. Laughing

Rusty wrote:Watched: Transformers: Rise of the Beasts.

Wish I didn't.

Last one I watched was The Last Knight and that sucked too.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/6/2024, 7:53 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Great! Now let's discuss my completely original debut film "When Wolf" about the adventures of a time traveling werewolf named Ian.

This is the kind of storytelling we need today. MORE! MORE!

No, that's hilarious. Laughing

That scene always makes me laugh like a bastard. 

The concept of When Wolf is so simple and yet in hundreds of werewolf movies, I've never seen one who time traveled. How has that never been a movie? Think of all the potential with the film franchise/tv series/video game/toy/clothing apparel possibilities.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/6/2024, 8:08 pm

WyldeMan wrote:That scene always makes me laugh like a bastard. 

The concept of When Wolf is so simple and yet in hundreds of werewolf movies, I've never seen one who time traveled. How has that never been a movie? Think of all the potential with the film franchise/tv series/video game/toy/clothing apparel possibilities.

I was thinking the same thing. I would have expected a parody at least.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/6/2024, 9:22 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

What a massive pile of shit that was huh?

I still can't believe they figured out a way to make Michael Bay's Transformers watchable by comparison.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I didn't mind the original Bay trilogy as some good lighthearted fun, but these last couple make Bay's films look like high-end art.

UltimateMarvel wrote:

Last one I watched was The Last Knight and that sucked too.

Yeah the Marky Mark movies were a bit shit.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/12/2024, 6:59 pm

I rewatched The Crow the other night because Paramount+ has it in 4K. I still love it, but it definitely has problems. The main villain seems like a cringe anime villain.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/14/2024, 2:36 pm

Tyger wrote:I rewatched The Crow the other night because Paramount+ has it in 4K. I still love it, but it definitely has problems. The main villain seems like a cringe anime villain.

I will never not love The Crow. Over time certain films have earned enough of a revered status for me that I am willing to overlook any flaws. It's why Scarface is still an incredible watch for me no matter how ridiculous Pacino was as a Cuban.

I don't know if I've ever thought of Top Dollar as an anime villain though.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/10/2024, 3:43 pm

My niece and I watched Millie Bobby Brown's dragon princess movie Damsel on Netflix and of all the movies I've seen so far this year, that was another of them. 

Based the fact that I have seen other movies before, it was one of those you could pretty much tell beat for beat miles before anything happened and it all went exactly as you'd expect without any deviations or surprises. 

Nick Robinson's movie career apparently ended with Jurassic World and now like Millie, he's just circling Netflix bottom barrel projects. Poor sumbitch.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/11/2024, 10:33 am

WyldeMan wrote:My niece and I watched Millie Bobby Brown's dragon princess movie Damsel on Netflix and of all the movies I've seen so far this year, that was another of them. 

Based the fact that I have seen other movies before, it was one of those you could pretty much tell beat for beat miles before anything happened and it all went exactly as you'd expect without any deviations or surprises. 

I watched it last night and I knew how it would turn out too except for what happened with the monster at the end, but I didn't hate it either.

WyldeMan wrote:Nick Robinson's movie career apparently ended with Jurassic World and now like Millie, he's just circling Netflix bottom barrel projects. Poor sumbitch.

I also thought Nick Robinson's career would take off, not sure what happened. He's still young so he's got time but his choice of movies haven't been great. I think the last thing I saw him in was A Teacher.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/11/2024, 7:27 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I watched it last night and I knew how it would turn out too except for what happened with the monster at the end, but I didn't hate it either.

Millie clearly wanted to be Khaleesi and that ending felt ripped straight out of GoT for fuck sakes, the golden crown even melted on the queen's head. Then the dragon hovering overhead as she slow walked towards the credits befoe sailing off as the dragon flies alongside the ship? The last ten minutes were essentially just a shot for shot GoT ripoff.

UltimateMarvel wrote:I also thought Nick Robinson's career would take off, not sure what happened. He's still young so he's got time but his choice of movies haven't been great. I think the last thing I saw him in was A Teacher.

I heard good things about Nick after A Teacher came out but then nothing in the last four years and now he's playing a nothing character that shows up in a few scenes in a Netflix movie? How far he's fallen.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/12/2024, 9:48 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Millie clearly wanted to be Khaleesi and that ending felt ripped straight out of GoT for fuck sakes, the golden crown even melted on the queen's head. Then the dragon hovering overhead as she slow walked towards the credits befoe sailing off as the dragon flies alongside the ship? The last ten minutes were essentially just a shot for shot GoT ripoff.

I immediately though of Khaleesi too. Those shots were practically identical, you can't not think of GoT. lol It's still a cool shot though.

I also liked the score and came to find out it was Hans Zimmer, that explains it. That man's talent is endless. If only I could hear him play live something, that would be cool as fuck.

WyldeMan wrote:I heard good things about Nick after A Teacher came out but then nothing in the last four years and now he's playing a nothing character that shows up in a few scenes in a Netflix movie? How far he's fallen.

It's all luck and timing, I'm sure he's going to find something.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/21/2024, 7:25 pm

Road House (Prime): Morbid curiosity got the better of me this morning and I decided to give this train wreck a try and oh boy...Besides a few characters having the same name from the OG Roadhouse, this was mostly a lot of comedic, wooden one dimensional characters and almost no attention or homages paid to the original. The only time Double Deuce showed up was a closed down restaurant when Dalton first gets off the bus. They literally call their roadhouse The Road House and Dalton no longer lives above a barn, he lives in a sinking boat called The Boat. Shocked

If they'd called it anything else it could have failed on its own as being just another bad Jake Gyllenaal movie but honestly I expected better from Liman after all the tantrums he threw about it deserving theatrical but it definitely got the debut it earned. 

Also way way too much of Connor McGregor's naked ass strutting around public places and he was the ONLY nudity in a this movie.  The original had so many classics nekkid scenes and this time NOTHING! NOTHING!

I didn't expect much but this made me only long to watch the original again that much more to cleanse this awful taste from my pallet. Gyllenhaal like Joel Kinnaman is going into time out for me, I keep giving them chances and all they do is let me down. But no more, they're a waste of my time and I'd recommend you skip this goofy comedy and not waste yours.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/21/2024, 11:36 pm

All I think of when I hear Roadhouse is this gem of a clip:

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/22/2024, 8:53 pm

Rusty wrote:All I think of when I hear Roadhouse is this gem of a clip:

I love Andy's movie recaps, Roadhouse and Rambo were enthralling tales!

Also, a running joke throughout the 20+ years of Family Guy is Peter's love of randomly kicking people and stone faced just saying Roadhouse after doing it.

Those shows paid far more respect to the original than Gyllenhaal and Liman did. McGregor felt like a full blown cartoon rather than a real person, so basically he played himself.

I haven't been this offended by a bad remake in such a long time, it might have been Point Break because Swayze movies should be untouchable but now they've remade his two best films and their utter forgettable trash cause Karma's a bitch.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/31/2024, 1:46 am

Trying to finish Killers of the Flower Moon but holy shit is it a slog.

It's taken over 2 hours before the Feds get involved, and there's still over an hour to go.

It's good but fuck is it slow. This should have been a mini-series.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/31/2024, 9:09 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Road House (Prime): Morbid curiosity got the better of me this morning and I decided to give this train wreck a try and oh boy...Besides a few characters having the same name from the OG Roadhouse, this was mostly a lot of comedic, wooden one dimensional characters and almost no attention or homages paid to the original. The only time Double Deuce showed up was a closed down restaurant when Dalton first gets off the bus. They literally call their roadhouse The Road House and Dalton no longer lives above a barn, he lives in a sinking boat called The Boat. Shocked

If they'd called it anything else it could have failed on its own as being just another bad Jake Gyllenaal movie but honestly I expected better from Liman after all the tantrums he threw about it deserving theatrical but it definitely got the debut it earned. 

Also way way too much of Connor McGregor's naked ass strutting around public places and he was the ONLY nudity in a this movie.  The original had so many classics nekkid scenes and this time NOTHING! NOTHING!

I didn't expect much but this made me only long to watch the original again that much more to cleanse this awful taste from my pallet. Gyllenhaal like Joel Kinnaman is going into time out for me, I keep giving them chances and all they do is let me down. But no more, they're a waste of my time and I'd recommend you skip this goofy comedy and not waste yours.

I watched it last night and I didn't hate it, I have nothing to compare it to. lol But Connor's character was easily the worst in the movie. He comes off as comedic whether intentional or not, I couldn't take him seriously or find him scary at all. And he's always looking for a fight for no reason other than one phone call during his first scene. "Hey, this guy is giving me trouble so take care of him for me." No motive like money or anything and he fights him to death, completely stupid. I know it's his first acting gig but anyone could have done better.

Dalton was an interesting character, great fighter who doesn't enjoy the fight and has a calm demeanor but ready to unleash if he's forced to. I was surprised though when he started dropping bodies because he didn't look the type to cross the line. And especially because of how he hurt someone in the past and his guilt over it.

I liked Billy Magnussen as the antagonist more than Connor. Honestly, I usually like Billy in anything he does and he didn't disappoint here. He can be serious and funny at times.

I loved Daniela Melchior as Ellie. Hot nurse who is not afraid to speak her mind. Her second scene with Dalton while he's eating at the restaurant, I seriously got lost in her eyes. She's fucking gorgeous!

I liked the action and I liked the first person shots they took for the fights and Glass Keys was a beautiful location too. Overall, I had a good time watching the movie in my theater room.

It was good to see Lukas Gage in the movie too. During COVID, he was doing auditions for roles and this dickhead was judging his living condition while unmuted. I felt bad for him. His place wasn't bad at all by the way.

Rusty wrote:Trying to finish Killers of the Flower Moon but holy shit is it a slog.

It's taken over 2 hours before the Feds get involved, and there's still over an hour to go.

It's good but fuck is it slow. This should have been a mini-series.

I felt the same way. I completely understand.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/31/2024, 10:50 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I watched it last night and I didn't hate it, I have nothing to compare it to. lol But Connor's character was easily the worst in the movie. He comes off as comedic whether intentional or not, I couldn't take him seriously or find him scary at all. And he's always looking for a fight for no reason other than one phone call during his first scene. "Hey, this guy is giving me trouble so take care of him for me." No motive like money or anything and he fights him to death, completely stupid. I know it's his first acting gig but anyone could have done better.

Dalton was an interesting character, great fighter who doesn't enjoy the fight and has a calm demeanor but ready to unleash if he's forced to. I was surprised though when he started dropping bodies because he didn't look the type to cross the line. And especially because of how he hurt someone in the past and his guilt over it.

I liked Billy Magnussen as the antagonist more than Connor. Honestly, I usually like Billy in anything he does and he didn't disappoint here. He can be serious and funny at times.

I loved Daniela Melchior as Ellie. Hot nurse who is not afraid to speak her mind. Her second scene with Dalton while he's eating at the restaurant, I seriously got lost in her eyes. She's fucking gorgeous!

I liked the action and I liked the first person shots they took for the fights and Glass Keys was a beautiful location too. Overall, I had a good time watching the movie in my theater room.

It was good to see Lukas Gage in the movie too. During COVID, he was doing auditions for roles and this dickhead was judging his living condition while unmuted. I felt bad for him. His place wasn't bad at all by the way.

Considering the original version is #4 on all of Prime right now, you could easily have something to compare this new bastardized version to.

I need to disagree with your thought on this Dalton having a calm demeanor. In the OG version, yes Dalton was very zen and very calm until he didn't need to be and his motto was "Be Nice" but Jake's Dalton was Matt Murdock from Netflix's Daredevil. He was a rage aholic who loved getting punched in the face, again that's Matt Murdock not Dalton. His UFC backstory where they revealed he's one of those low down shitbags who continues to beat his downed opponent after he's been KO'd and won't stop because he sees red for no apparent reason and we're supposed to root for him??? Come on man, just watch the original and then compare please....

I will however give you Melchior, she's quiet lovely but I felt she was mostly wasted in this and barely had anything to do.

BTW McGregor didn't die, in the credits sequence he savagely attacked the doctors and nurses in the hospital and then took another bare as stroll through the hospital in an open gown. They made sure to keep him alive for the sequel. Kind of like how they never even bothered to cast Papa Brandt, they just kept talking about him so he can join in the sequel. Now I've heard absolutely nothing about a sequel I just tried to give them the benefit of the doubt for otherwise crafting such an unsatisfying ending.

Every time I write about or discuss this modern POS, it makes me appreciate the original more and more. I can't understand why you keep resisting, you don't gotta go across town to a video store in a blizzard, you just gotta go to your home theater and open an app... Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/2/2024, 6:03 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Considering the original version is #4 on all of Prime right now, you could easily have something to compare this new bastardized version to.

I need to disagree with your thought on this Dalton having a calm demeanor. In the OG version, yes Dalton was very zen and very calm until he didn't need to be and his motto was "Be Nice" but Jake's Dalton was Matt Murdock from Netflix's Daredevil. He was a rage aholic who loved getting punched in the face, again that's Matt Murdock not Dalton. His UFC backstory where they revealed he's one of those low down shitbags who continues to beat his downed opponent after he's been KO'd and won't stop because he sees red for no apparent reason and we're supposed to root for him??? Come on man, just watch the original and then compare please....

I will give you that, they never explained why he had such rage. Dalton brought it up when he was talking to that corrupt officer on the beach but he only said once he's angry, he can't let it go. I would have liked a little more flashback scenes besides the UFC and maybe going into his childhood or teenage years that would explain that part.

WyldeMan wrote:I will however give you Melchior, she's quiet lovely but I felt she was mostly wasted in this and barely had anything to do.

Did Ellie have a bigger role in the original?

WyldeMan wrote:BTW McGregor didn't die, in the credits sequence he savagely attacked the doctors and nurses in the hospital and then took another bare as stroll through the hospital in an open gown. They made sure to keep him alive for the sequel. Kind of like how they never even bothered to cast Papa Brandt, they just kept talking about him so he can join in the sequel. Now I've heard absolutely nothing about a sequel I just tried to give them the benefit of the doubt for otherwise crafting such an unsatisfying ending.

Yeah, I saw that but I found it stupid and still came across comedic too. If there is a sequel, I hope they don't bring that character back.

WyldeMan wrote:Every time I write about or discuss this modern POS, it makes me appreciate the original more and more. I can't understand why you keep resisting, you don't gotta go across town to a video store in a blizzard, you just gotta go to your home theater and open an app... Mad

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 9 Giphy-downsized-large
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/2/2024, 6:50 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I will give you that, they never explained why he had such rage. Dalton brought it up when he was talking to that corrupt officer on the beach but he only said once he's angry, he can't let it go. I would have liked a little more flashback scenes besides the UFC and maybe going into his childhood or teenage years that would explain that part.

Dalton's backstory never needed to be explained, Swayze was just fuckin cool enough to own the mystery.

Gyllenhaal's Dalton was just a mindless psychopath with a blood lust.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Did Ellie have a bigger role in the original?

Yes OG Doc was a better written role with more to do and Kelly Lynch wasn't afraid to show a little skin.

Also, the fact that Dalton didn't have a mentor role like Sam Elliott's Wade Garrett really disappointed me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next