BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

5 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 7 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Tyger 12/27/2020, 4:28 pm

Watched Suicide Squad, just as terrible as I remembered and then watched Birds of Prey which might be a weird fun little movie if I wasn’t familiar with how the characters should have been portrayed, but I can’t say for sure.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 7 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Tyger 1/4/2021, 12:04 am

Watched Underwater. Those creatures were disappointing and it feels like it was interfered with. It seems like some things started to get set up, but then got abandoned.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2021, 10:44 am

Tyger wrote:Watched Underwater. Those creatures were disappointing and it feels like it was interfered with. It seems like some things started to get set up, but then got abandoned.

As with virtually all movies, I'm sure pointless studio interference and notes changed a significant portion.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/4/2021, 10:57 am

As soon as I saw Vincent Cassel's name in the opening credits, I was like “oh, if this IS Cthulhu (and it is supposed to be), I bet he summoned it. He was acting weird from the very beginning, there was that whole business about his daughter and then that map on the other site and...that was it.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2021, 11:49 am

Tyger wrote:As soon as I saw Vincent Cassel's name in the opening credits, I was like “oh, if this IS Cthulhu (and it is supposed to be), I bet he summoned it. He was acting weird from the very beginning, there was that whole business about his daughter and then that map on the other site and...that was it.

Right there with you, Cassel shows up and he's just a regular guy acting weird with no nefarious intentions? if that's the role, you don't cast Cassel, he's the lurking psychopath who's going to kill everybody, not just kind of stand around existing. Underwater felt rudderless.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/21/2021, 3:20 pm

I still enjoy the City Slickers movies after all these years and the first one really holds up.  Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/29/2021, 7:45 pm

I watched those early in the year and it was my first time watching them in a long time and especially back to back. It’s crazy now to see how different they really are, but I still liked both.

I watched Palm Springs again last night. I really like it.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/29/2021, 8:04 pm

Tyger wrote:I watched those early in the year and it was my first time watching them in a long time and especially back to back. It’s crazy now to see how different they really are, but I still liked both.

I watched Palm Springs again last night. I really like it.

It was a fun watch but the first City Slickers was easily the best even though as a kid I thought the sequel was better.

I still haven't seen Palm Springs a second time.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/29/2021, 9:14 pm

Damn. City Slickers. I think the last time I watched that was before DVD was even a thing. It's on one of my services, so I am going to watch it right now.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/12/2021, 9:40 am

For weeks, I kept reading over and over how insane the twist was in James Wan's new film Malignant and how it was a return to his horror roots, so eventually I decided to watch as it was still streaming on HBO Max but in the end, I was utterly disappointed at how incredibly lame it was.

I'm just curious has anybody else seen this hot train wreck called Malignant?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/12/2021, 10:13 am

Yeah, I watched it and can't say it's Wan's best. I kind of figured it out early on what was going on. I did like the score in the movie though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/12/2021, 6:54 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, I watched it and can't say it's Wan's best. I kind of figured it out early on what was going on. I did like the score in the movie though.

I was not expecting a fully CGI'd Siamese head twin. That shit had me laughing so hard at the big reveal, I couldn't believe it.

Why is it so hard to find good horror? I feel like every Halloween I'm constantly rewatching the exact same movies because every time I try something new, it's a terrible disappointment.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/12/2021, 7:16 pm

I didn’t watch it but a friend told me it was terrible and he defends a lot of horror movies that are subpar to me so I knew it had to be pretty fucking terrible.

I finally watched the new It. I don’t get why it was so hyped. It had like 2 hours more than the old one and I actually feel like there was less story.

I rewatched Trick r’ Treat, still think it’s overrated but fun
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/12/2021, 7:27 pm

Tyger wrote:I didn’t watch it but a friend told me it was terrible and he defends a lot of horror movies that are subpar to me so I knew it had to be pretty fucking terrible.

I finally watched the new It. I don’t get why it was so hyped. It had like 2 hours more than the old one and I actually feel like there was less story.

I rewatched Trick r’ Treat, still think it’s overrated but fun

I don't see any way one could defend the talking evil baby head in Malignant, so I won't try.

I felt the same way about It and with the movies being slathered in CGI, I was completely taken out of every scene I was supposed to be engaged by.

I haven't seen Trick r' Treat since its original release but it's already in my Queue.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/16/2021, 1:58 pm

I just finished Halloween Kills and after a three year wait, I'm happy to report it lived up to my expectations.

Was it a masterpiece? No, of course not, it's a horror movie so that means weak character development and a high body count but on that they definitely delivered. I can't recall ever seeing Michael slash his way through town the way he does this time. But with Halloween Kills, Michael Myers solidifies his spot as the All-Time King of the Slasher.

Kills resolved several of my bigger issues with story line choices from Halloween '18 and I felt that this was a much better offering. 

I loved watching how the town of Haddonfield's memory of Michael goes from a scary bedtime story to an almost mythic Boogeyman stature over the course of one night as he unleashes his never ending reign of terror and his power continues to grow while the town tears itself apart.

Michael's got every cheat code in the game and he's always leveling up with every new creative kill. He's a twisted artist and he's painting his bloody and perverse masterpiece across Haddonfield. 

I've been a fan of the Halloween franchise since I was way too young to watch them and I've seen every Halloween film to date. There have been some truly terrible releases but thankfully these last two; Halloween '18 and now Kills, have helped form a solid narrative with the original Halloween '78.

It was a refreshing change of pace to find a modern day horror entry in Kills that wasn't a cheap CGI slathered shit fest, it was just a good old fashioned slasher. 

However, I do hope they get rolling on Halloween Ends soon because I don't want to have to wait another three years and the pandemic has already delayed filming long enough.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/27/2021, 8:11 pm

Don't Look Up: Leonardo DiCaprio movie is out on Netflix and it was hilarious. This is the type of shit I would see us make in a planetary extinction level event. It's filled with a lot of solid cast and you'd expect a serious drama movie but nope. I enjoyed it!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/26/2022, 4:08 pm

Just watched Free Guy. I enjoyed this one.

As I know everyone in here is a big fan of Ryan Reynolds, I recommend this.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/27/2022, 12:12 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just watched Free Guy. I enjoyed this one.

I enjoyed it too. It was fun and I had low expectations going in so that might have something to do with it.

joey con carne wrote:As I know everyone in here is a big fan of Ryan Reynolds, I recommend this.

Delete this before Wylde sees it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/27/2022, 1:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:joey con carneAs I know everyone in here is a big fan of Ryan Reynolds, I recommend this.

Delete this before Wylde sees it.

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 7 76x0r1

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/27/2022, 3:20 pm

That GIF makes me think she’s breathing into his face while she says it and after she finishes he hands her a mint.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/27/2022, 5:31 pm

Free Guy was fun but not actually as fun as I was expecting
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/27/2022, 5:36 pm

joey con carne wrote:That GIF makes me think she’s breathing into his face while she says it and after she finishes he hands her a mint.

I like to think she just went down on his women and is letting him know it. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/9/2022, 12:32 pm

Fresh: Watched this movie last night with Sebastian Stan where he plays a psychopath. If you don't like gore then it's not for you. I found it funny but it can be disgusting to watch some of the scenes. You have been warned!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/9/2022, 4:44 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Fresh: Watched this movie last night with Sebastian Stan where he plays a psychopath. If you don't like gore then it's not for you. I found it funny but it can be disgusting to watch some of the scenes. You have been warned!

Is that's the one where he's trying to eat his girlfriend but not in a fun way?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/9/2022, 6:56 pm

Yes, but to be fair, he does both. It was OK, not terrible but nothing special.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/13/2022, 10:56 am

WyldeMan wrote:Is that's the one where he's trying to eat his girlfriend but not in a fun way?

Yep.

Tyger wrote:Yes, but to be fair, he does both. It was OK, not terrible but nothing special.

I liked it, I thought it was funny and twisted. I was worried the end was going to suck but it didn't.

I really hope shit like this doesn't exist in real life.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/20/2022, 2:15 pm

Watched Windfall on Netflix and enjoyed it

Watched Deep Water on Hulu and didn’t hate it. It’s called an erotic thriller, but I wouldn’t say I agree. There are some sexy scenes and Ana looks great, but it doesn’t maintain an erotic or thriller vibe to me. Feels like Affleck is working on a criminally toxic relationship trilogy with this and Gone Girl so far.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/21/2022, 2:52 pm

Tyger wrote:Watched Deep Water on Hulu and didn’t hate it. It’s called an erotic thriller, but I wouldn’t say I agree. There are some sexy scenes and Ana looks great, but it doesn’t maintain an erotic or thriller vibe to me. Feels like Affleck is working on a criminally toxic relationship trilogy with this and Gone Girl so far.

I love Ana but that trailer as you mentioned gave me Gone Girl vibes, Affleck is definitely working out his shit on screen.

Ben is too fucked up. Ana left his ass not long after they made this movie and he's since crawled back to JLo and those two idiots are now buying a $55 million mansion together but I'm sure that this time, it's gonna work out for them. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/21/2022, 5:23 pm

How dare you. As a millennial, I like seeing Bennifer 2.0
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/21/2022, 7:45 pm

I watched it last night and it's not as good as Gone Girl obviously but it's got the same themes with some twists. I thought it was a weird movie, ending could have been better. Didn't like either of the characters and their daughter deserved better parents.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/22/2022, 9:38 am

Tyger wrote:How dare you. As a millennial, I like seeing Bennifer 2.0

As a Millennial I still think of JLo as Cartman's hand puppet that Ben fell in love with. Ol Fat Butt and Pancake Head.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/22/2022, 8:22 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I watched it last night and it's not as good as Gone Girl obviously but it's got the same themes with some twists. I thought it was a weird movie, ending could have been better. Didn't like either of the characters and their daughter deserved better parents.
Yeah, I spent the first 15 or 20 minutes determining which was worse and then I realized that’s stupid, they’re both just terrible and yeah the daughter deserves better
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/11/2022, 7:19 pm

Watched SLC Punk! last night for the first time in forever. Still love it, but probably in different ways. I’ve liked Matthew Lillard since Hackers, but I’m still surprised he got a movie that’s at least half monologues. It’s not Hamlet or anything, but I still think it’s impressive and unexpected.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/12/2022, 10:26 am

Tyger wrote:Watched SLC Punk! last night for the first time in forever. Still love it, but probably in different ways. I’ve liked Matthew Lillard since Hackers, but I’m still surprised he got a movie that’s at least half monologues. It’s not Hamlet or anything, but I still think it’s impressive and unexpected.

Lillard has always had a very uniquely memorable way to deliver his dialogue. I still enjoy his scenes in Scream just for how truly absurd every line was.

I didn't see Lillard's work for a long time but over the last couple years I've started seeing him showing up more often.

Lillard and Keanu both have quite the flair with their dialogue deliveries.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/26/2022, 6:01 pm

The Black Phone: Hawke was creepy as hell. Never seen the 2 kid actors before but they were great and really sold the brother and sister relationship and the bond they had. Been a while since I've seen a thriller/horror and this was a good one.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/28/2022, 5:56 pm

I watched Nope and Everything Everywhere All At Once in Monday, loved both
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/29/2022, 9:39 pm

Finally got around to watching No Time To Die.

Longer than it needed to be but good way for Bond to go out.

Tried to watch F9 only managed about 20 minutes. What an absolute pile of shit.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/29/2022, 10:05 pm

Rusty wrote:Finally got around to watching No Time To Die.

Longer than it needed to be but good way for Bond to go out.

Tried to watch F9 only managed about 20 minutes. What an absolute pile of shit.

Well that reminds me I still have No Time to Die left in my Prime queue.

I watched Craig's other Bond movies last month and then completely forgot I still had the finale left. I had only seen the first two before and I didn't realize how connected they all were.

I haven't seen a Fast sequel since the one with Kurt Russell, which I also turned off about twenty minutes in. I've never turned off a Kurt Russell movie in my life, not even Bone Tomahawk one of the worst movies ever made and yet the Fast franchise is what's beyond unwatchable and broke my perfect Kurt Russell career watch streak.

Vin Diesel only needs to make Riddick sequels until he dies and anything else is unacceptable.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/12/2022, 7:45 pm

Watched Dirty Harry fir the first time in decades. Still good, though the streaming version is so dark. Would love to see the Blu-Ray release to see how it looks without so much compression.

Have to say, this is the first movie I've watched in a while that I was able to watch in one sitting. Loved watching something that was shot on film. Looks so fucking good. That aesthetic is long gone with digital.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/12/2022, 8:37 pm

Rusty wrote:Watched Dirty Harry fir the first time in decades. Still good, though the streaming version is so dark. Would love to see the Blu-Ray release to see how it looks without so much compression.

Have to say, this is the first movie I've watched in a while that I was able to watch in one sitting. Loved watching something that was shot on film. Looks so fucking good. That aesthetic is long gone with digital.

I haven't seen a Dirty Harry movie in decades either, from what I remember all the blood was that bright red shit that looked like paint. Eastwood seemed to be a big fan of that.

While not many use film these days, I'd say that Tarantino's films still stand apart from everything because of his insistence to still shoot on film. I think he used 35mm for Once Upon a Time and it looked amazing. I believe it was 65mm for Hateful Eight. My point is that he's constantly changing the looks of his films, he never settles for one style the way the majority of directors that shoot on digital do and that's why he's going to die a legend hopefully many many decades from now and those other guys will just die forgotten like their movies.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/12/2022, 9:23 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

I haven't seen a Dirty Harry movie in decades either, from what I remember all the blood was that bright red shit that looked like paint. Eastwood seemed to be a big fan of that.

While not many use film these days, I'd say that Tarantino's films still stand apart from everything because of his insistence to still shoot on film. I think he used 35mm for Once Upon a Time and it looked amazing. I believe it was 65mm for Hateful Eight. My point is that he's constantly changing the looks of his films, he never settles for one style the way the majority of directors that shoot on digital do and that's why he's going to die a legend hopefully many many decades from now and those other guys will just die forgotten like their movies.

I believe QT, Chris Nolan, and Paul Thomas Anderson are the remaining big 3 that still shoot exclusively film. Possibly add Wes Anderson to that list.

Even Spielberg finally caved to digital a few years back.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/12/2022, 9:27 pm

Rusty wrote:I believe QT, Chris Nolan, and Paul Thomas Anderson are the remaining big 3 that still shoot exclusively film. Possibly add Wes Anderson to that list.

Even Spielberg finally caved to digital a few years back.

I haven't seen a movie by Nolan or either Anderson in over a decade. They never seem to make movies of interest to me but I think it's great that they still shoot on film.

Spielberg hasn't made a good movie in twenty years, regardless of what format it was shot on.

QT is the Pinnacle for me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/29/2022, 11:28 am

Nope: Great cast but what a terrible movie. I don't understand what the point of it was. Unless someone can make sense of it to me, this is going under the "worst movies of 2022" list.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/29/2022, 3:03 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Nope: Great cast but what a terrible movie. I don't understand what the point of it was. Unless someone can make sense of it to me, this is going under the "worst movies of 2022" list.

Well it's elevated horror and Jordan Peele is a genius so If you don't get Nope than you're not only ignorant you're probably a racist.

In all seriousness, that's pretty much the attitude I've been seeing by the millennials attacking anybody who questions what you just did.

I read spoilers for Nope before it released and I laughed at how horrible it all sounded especially with the Aliens and the Monkey and I thought it had to be a joke until I learned it wasn't.

I don't get "elevated horror" movies. It feels like they're made for the ultra woke 20 year olds who choose to spend all their time PC policing everybody else and if you're not one of them, then you're not going to understand.

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 7 FfWi

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/29/2022, 5:33 pm

What is elevated horror?

I read the spoiler to Nope and did not consider a watch.

Last edited by joey con carne on 8/30/2022, 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next