BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

+4
UltimateMarvel
joey con carne
WyldeMan
GrooThePerverted
8 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 22 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/13/2018, 7:33 pm

joey con carne wrote:Currently watching Hurricane Heist on Netflix starring Maggie Grace and Ryan Kwanten.

I was gonna watch this for the actors but it looks very low budget with a silly plot. How was it?

How is Ryan Kwanten is not finding work after True Blood? And this seems below Toby's level.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 22 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 10/13/2018, 8:22 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:How is Ryan Kwanten is not finding work after True Blood? And this seems below Toby's level.

Because casting directors also saw his range in True Blood.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/27/2018, 2:08 pm

Currently watching Apostle. This was recommended to me by a friend who said it was "goood" with three o's.

It is directed by the same director of the critically acclaimed films The Raid: Redemption and The Raid 2.

So far, it has my attention.

Finished. Not sure I can recommend this one. The plot is okay but the soundtrack was just grating and annoying. Also the film was maybe 30 minutes too long. I'd rate this one a solid 5.7/10. Dang.... should I give this a recommendation? No. I would give this one a pass. Don't waste your time with this one when there are plenty other shows or movies you could be watching.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/27/2018, 6:07 pm

Dang..............ok. I'm gonna pass on it Joey.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/5/2018, 8:14 am

I saw A Star is Born. Thought Cooper did a good job, I really liked it. Funnily enough there’s a lot of closeup shots and handheld camerawork which gets old real fast to me but it worked.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/13/2018, 9:00 am

Throughout the last week on Hulu and their free premium offerings I've watched The Warriors, Pathfinder, The Faculty, Office Space, Hot Rod, Can't Hardly Wait, Assault on Precinct 13, Zombieland and Addams Family Values. I feel like a kid again taking a trip to the Video store.... Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/18/2018, 2:05 pm

Currently watching Showdown in Little Tokyo.

Dolph Lundgren, Brandon Lee (what what), Tia Carrere (nudity nice), and Cary Togawa.

This movie is so good and just completely awful.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/18/2018, 2:08 pm

joey con carne wrote:Currently watching Showdown in Little Tokyo.

Dolph Lundgren, Brandon Lee (what what), Tia Carrere (nudity nice), and Cary Togawa.

This movie is so good and just completely awful.

LOL, no joke I'm currently watching Big Trouble in Little China. Razz

Brandon Lee will always be The Crow. RIP. Cool 

Cary is a stud. I have no idea how many movies and shows I've seen him in over the years but I watched the Perfect Weapon with him and Speakman not too long ago.

Tia is...SCHWING......

I feel the same way about BTLC, its a mess but I still enjoy it.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/28/2018, 8:27 am

I watched The Predator last night and enjoyed it quite a bit but I'm a lifelong fan of the franchise so my opinion was biased from the start.

The cast was a lot of fun and there was plenty of action, brutal deaths and of course dark humor.

There were some very cool sequences and Shane Black finally provided a few firm answers to some Predator tech questions I've always wondered about.

Though this movie was not without faults, primarily the editing in which I felt this movie could have ran another 20 minutes or so to flesh out some of the characters and scenes which left me confused and in need of answers. However, we already know that there was plenty footage left on the cutting room so I imagine my answers and confusion may be solved with some of those deleted scenes.

That aside, I found The Predator to be an enjoyable addition to the franchise and one in which I hope will continue the saga of Boyd Holbrook's Quinn McKenna character and his predator tech genius autistic son Rory. There are other characters I'd like to see return but that would just be spoiling things for those of you who have yet to see this movie.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/28/2018, 2:35 pm

Gonna watch it tonight. Not a big fan of Predator franchise, Munn is the only reason I want to check it out. Wink
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/28/2018, 4:12 pm

I have a feeling the next one will be called The Predators.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/28/2018, 5:20 pm

Predator
Predator 2
Predators
The Predator
The Predators V: Something Something Blood
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/28/2018, 5:47 pm

joey con carne wrote:I have a feeling the next one will be called The Predators.

As long as it's the first Predator movie to finally bring a character back for a second time, than I don't really care about the title. I just want a connected franchise by more than a few line throwaways.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/28/2018, 5:53 pm

I re watched 30 Days of Night and it's still one of the greatest vampire movies ever. It's definitely at the top of my list and always seems to get better with each viewing.

Though I wish they'd develop this franchise into a streaming tv series because they left so much untapped potential on the table when they only released a low quality direct to video sequel instead of a proper one it deserved as well as those that followed since so much of the source material was never adapted.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/28/2018, 7:31 pm

Loved 30 Days of Night. It kinda scared me the first time I watched it. lol The vamps in this movie are no joke. I also watched the sequel but it was bad and they recast Josh. Evil or Very Mad
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/28/2018, 8:34 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Loved 30 Days of Night. It kinda scared me the first time I watched it. lol The vamps in this movie are no joke. I also watched the sequel but it was bad and they recast Josh. Evil or Very Mad

30 Days of Night is a near perfect vampire film. None of that romanticism, seduction or teen romance to plagues virtually all vampire films including everything Dracula related. It's just Ben Foster's The Stranger and Danny Huston's Marlow and his band of savage vamps who are straight killers with a brilliant strategy planned out to cover their crimes and Harnett and the humans really having no answer for them while hiding like rats as the vamps committ genocide on the town of Barrow. Nearly all vampire movies end with a teen girl running off with her 200 year old undead boyfriend or the one ancient vampire getting a stake through the heart by a teenager but 30 Days is just a massacre with no real redemption for the humans and all out victory for the vampers. It's just so good. Cool Twisted Evil

BTW, you're remembering the sequel wrong, Harnett's Eben character died at the end of the 30 Days but Stella his wife played by Melissa George in the first was played by Kiele Sanchez in Dark Days. Though I only watched it one time myself upon original release and should really give it a revisit and see if it is as bad as my memory tells me or if it has been redeemed in the 8 years since my first and only viewing.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/29/2018, 6:30 am

WyldeMan wrote:As long as it's the first Predator movie to finally bring a character back for a second time, than I don't really care about the title. I just want a connected franchise by more than a few line throwaways.

I was just poking fun at the naming of the movies.

Predator (1987)
Predator 2 (1990)
Predators (2010)
The Predator (2018)

I notice a lot of films don't like to use numbers as of late except John Wick. I figured the next logical name would be The Predators instead of The Predator 2.

Soon they will have to start using either numbers or colons.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/29/2018, 9:58 am

joey con carne wrote:I was just poking fun at the naming of the movies.

Predator (1987)
Predator 2 (1990)
Predators (2010)
The Predator (2018)

I notice a lot of films don't like to use numbers as of late except John Wick. I figured the next logical name would be The Predators instead of The Predator 2.

Soon they will have to start using either numbers or colons.

Maybe they took inspiration from John Rambo. Cool

First Blood
Rambo: First Blood Part II
Rambo III
Rambo
Rambo V: The Last Blood
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/29/2018, 11:24 am

Tyger wrote:Predator
Predator 2
Predators
The Predator
The Predators V: Something Something Blood
Covered it yesterday
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/29/2018, 11:46 am

WyldeMan wrote:BTW, you're remembering the sequel wrong, Harnett's Eben character died at the end of the 30 Days but Stella his wife played by Melissa George in the first was played by Kiele Sanchez in Dark Days. Though I only watched it one time myself upon original release and should really give it a revisit and see if it is as bad as my memory tells me or if it has been redeemed in the 8 years since my first and only viewing.

Oh, that's right! It's been a long time and it was very forgettable. Not a worthy followup to the first one and they might as well not done a sequel.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/29/2018, 11:50 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Oh, that's right! It's been a long time and it was very forgettable. Not a worthy followup to the first one and they might as well not done a sequel.

I was a huge fan of Niles and Templesmiths source material and would still love a faithful adaptation which could run for several seasons and be unlike any other vampire series before it if done at Netflix or another high caliber streaming service as opposed to a nightmare scenario where it ends up on network tv.

However awesome 30 Days of Night was and as much as I loved the movie, they did make some significant changes from the source that I would prefer to see corrected.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/4/2018, 2:47 pm

Just re-watched Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick and Riddick. The Riddick franchise is the only part of Vin's career I've ever enjoyed and yet it seems to be his only franchise that he isn't actively developing multiple sequels for even though it's been five years since PB3 and Riddick had a very unresolved open ending. Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/16/2018, 9:19 am

I watched The Christmas Chronicles last night. It's an okay movie. Definitely better than those Tim Allen movies.

I give it a recommendation because of the Christmas season. I didn't really get the last part of it, though. If you guys watch it you will know what I mean.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/19/2018, 1:58 pm

joey con carne wrote:I watched The Christmas Chronicles last night. It's an okay movie. Definitely better than those Tim Allen movies.

I give it a recommendation because of the Christmas season. I didn't really get the last part of it, though. If you guys watch it you will know what I mean.

I did watch it and it was a good Christmas family movie. Which part confused you Joey? If it's the tape, that was just what the girl was recording the whole night with Santa.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/19/2018, 7:26 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:that was just what the girl was recording the whole night with Santa.
I’ve watched that video
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/19/2018, 7:35 pm

I caught Black Panther on Netflix and Cartman was right, it wasn't as good as everybody said it was. I actually just found it to be a fairly racist movie but as long as the hate is directed at whitey then apparently its just good clean family fun. Screaming "Colonizer" whenever Martin Freeman speaks while barking like dogs at him? Oh yeah, real fuckin funny Disney. Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/19/2018, 7:54 pm

Tyger wrote:I’ve watched that video

Huh

WyldeMan wrote:I caught Black Panther on Netflix and Cartman was right, it wasn't as good as everybody said it was. I actually just found it to be a fairly racist movie but as long as the hate is directed at whitey then apparently its just good clean family fun. Screaming "Colonizer" whenever Martin Freeman speaks while barking like dogs at him? Oh yeah, real fuckin funny Disney. Evil or Very Mad

How was it racist? Colonizer was used only once. You didn't find anything positive about it like MBJ's performance and the world of Wakanda? I liked it and I think it's one of the best ones that Marvel had made, the villain made the movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/20/2018, 7:20 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:How was it racist? Colonizer was used only once. You didn't find anything positive about it like MBJ's performance and the world of Wakanda? I liked it and I think it's one of the best ones that Marvel had made, the villain made the movie.

Wakanda has beautiful water falls but they are a nation of racists.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/20/2018, 11:26 am

WyldeMan wrote:Wakanda has beautiful water falls but they are a nation of racists.

Elaborate. I honestly don't know what you're talking about. lol If you're talking about Killmonger and those who sided with him then I understand what you mean.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/20/2018, 9:19 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Elaborate. I honestly don't know what you're talking about. lol If you're talking about Killmonger and those who sided with him then I understand what you mean.

It was racist on both sides, not just to whitey.

The only white people in the movie are in Wakanda to steal their precious minerals.

At one point I saw some of the Wakandas fighting with spears and clubs regardless of their top of the line weapons being available and some of the tribesman where literally dressed as monkeys.

The ruling society of Wakanda doesn't want to let in refugees because it would effect the "purity" of their people.

For such a highly developed society of tech savy free thinkers with the most advanced weaponry in the entire world, all of their problems are solved by mortal combat next to a waterfall and the hero keeps losing and getting his powers back by drinking magic flower water?  Razz Razz Razz    

"Colonizer" is the white mans equivalent to "Nigger". 

Yes, everything about Killmonger.

Black Panther is unquestionably a straight up Nationalist movie masquerading as a comic book movie, everything is WAKANDA WAKANDA WAKANDA over all else and including personal desires and love, it's Nation over all.

It's pure Xenophobic propaganda and it made a killing at the box office, so clearly people just need flashy CGI and they will swallow any agenda they're force fed.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/23/2018, 1:07 pm

I watched a movie called The Invitation yesterday with Logan Marshall-Green. Very intense, good movie!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/27/2018, 10:47 pm

First Reformed - it won a buttload of awards so I think it was overhyped for me

Juliet, Naked - really good, funny but good thoughtful drama too

I Think We're Alone Now - Peter Dinklage and Elle Fanning in a post-apocalyptic world, it was interesting but not great

Welcome to Marwen - it’s good, but problematic, tone is all over the place like it can’t commit to what movie it wants to be

Aquaman - it was fun, but also problematic. Lots of “inspiring” little speeches that just don’t feel earned, but it was entertaining
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/14/2019, 6:25 pm

Finally watched 1922 on Netflix. It was good, but disappointing. Tom Jane did great as far as his overall performance, but didn’t really have any standout scenes.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/14/2019, 10:02 pm

Yeah, it was a good movie with good performances. It was darker than I expected and creepy at times.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/15/2019, 6:29 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, it was a good movie with good performances. It was darker than I expected and creepy at times.

You thought a Stephen King adapted movie about a farmer who buried his wife in the cornfield wasn't going to be dark?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/15/2019, 6:55 am

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, it was a good movie with good performances. It was darker than I expected and creepy at times.

You thought a Stephen King adapted movie about a farmer who buried his wife in the cornfield wasn't going to be dark?

Yeah, I just didn't expect it to play out the way it did. The synopsis didn't paint that picture and trailer didn't seem that dark to me.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/15/2019, 8:32 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, I just didn't expect it to play out the way it did. The synopsis didn't paint that picture and trailer didn't seem that dark to me.

The trailer told me everything I needed to know in about 30 seconds which is probably why I haven't gotten around to actually seeing it yet. Maybe we saw different trailers cause they made it clear Tom killed his wife and buried her when she tried to leave him, I felt like the trailer gave away so much so that I didn't even need to see the movie.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/15/2019, 11:48 am

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, I just didn't expect it to play out the way it did. The synopsis didn't paint that picture and trailer didn't seem that dark to me.

The trailer told me everything I needed to know in about 30 seconds which is probably why I haven't gotten around to actually seeing it yet. Maybe we saw different trailers cause they made it clear Tom killed his wife and buried her when she tried to leave him, I felt like the trailer gave away so much so that I didn't even need to see the movie.

I knew that she was gonna die but if you watch the movie, you'll see. The tone of the film is very quiet for the most part and the way she dies was just dark to me, it made the scene feel very real.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 22 Empty Polar (Netflix)

Post by Rusty 1/25/2019, 10:00 pm

Watched Polar on Netflix. Decent cast with Mads Mikkelsen, Katheryn Winnick, Vanessa Hudgens, and Ruby O. Fee, but all-in-all, it sucked. It's a poor man's John Wick. Some of the characters were way too cartoonish. Hard to take any of it seriously.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/26/2019, 6:55 am

Rusty wrote:Watched Polar on Netflix. Decent cast with Mads Mikkelsen, Katheryn Winnick, Vanessa Hudgens, and Ruby O. Fee, but all-in-all, it sucked. It's a poor man's John Wick. Some of the characters were way too cartoonish. Hard to take any of it seriously.

I was gonna watch that today, bummer. How's Winnick's role? Does she get any good fight scenes to show off her many real world combat skills?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/26/2019, 8:06 am

WyldeMan wrote:
I was gonna watch that today, bummer. How's Winnick's role? Does she get any good fight scenes to show off her many real world combat skills?

Winnick barely gets out of her chair. 90% of her screen-time is spent sitting and talking on a phone. The rest she's either standing or walking (whilst on the phone).

It's a shit movie. It can't decide whether it wants to be a comic-book movie (Kick-Ass), or an Action-Drama (John Wick). Which is a bummer because it had a decent cast.

It's watchable, but don't cancel plans to see it.

Last edited by Rusty on 1/26/2019, 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/26/2019, 8:09 am

Rusty wrote:Winnick barely gets out of her chair. 90% of her screen-time is spent sitting and talking on a phone. The rest she's either standing or walking (whilst on the phone).

Shocked Shocked Shocked Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/26/2019, 8:09 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:Winnick barely gets out of her chair. 90% of her screen-time is spent sitting and talking on a phone. The rest she's either standing or walking (whilst on the phone).

Shocked Shocked Shocked Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Oh, and Ruby O. Fee gets naked, and has a fucking smoking body ... but the movie still sucked.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/4/2019, 3:07 am

Velvet Buzzsaw - To me it felt like two movies, one I really enjoyed and the other I had to endure
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/4/2019, 6:34 am

I have never heard of Velvet Buzzsaw. Googled and see it's the new J. Gyllenhaal film. I'll have to check this out.

I watched IO on Netflix and also the Fyre Festival documentaries on both Netflix and Hulu.

Both documentaries have their positives and negatives. I would recommend watching the Netflix one first then watching the Hulu one. Ja Rule is such a toolbag. He said what happened at Fyre Festival isn't fraud. It was more "false advertising". LOL That's fraud, you fucking bozo!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next