BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

+4
UltimateMarvel
joey con carne
WyldeMan
GrooThePerverted
8 posters

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 21 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 8/18/2018, 4:19 pm

joey con carne wrote:I also want to add I have never seen The Mod Squad. I have heard of it, though.

Embarassed

Really? It had a great cast besides Ribisi there was Claire Danes, Omar Epps, Josh Brolin, Dennis Farina and Steve Harris.

The movie was adapted from the hit 60s and 70's series of the same name.

Two of the stars of the series were Peggy Lipton aka Rashida Jones's mom and Clarence Williams III and both of them returned for a cameo in the movie nearly 30 years later.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 21 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 8/18/2018, 4:26 pm

I rewatched Idle Hands and Empire Records because they made movies in the 90s I still love today. Cool

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/18/2018, 5:32 pm

I love Empire Records, have the Blu-ray and soundtrack too

I feel like Suburbia is a movie you kind of have to see in those first few years out of high school if you were aimless. I relate(d) to it a lot, but I don’t know if I’d love it as much now if I saw it for the first time.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/18/2018, 7:10 pm

Tyger wrote:I love Empire Records, have the Blu-ray and soundtrack too

I feel like Suburbia is a movie you kind of have to see in those first few years out of high school if you were aimless. I relate(d) to it a lot, but I don’t know if I’d love it as much now if I saw it for the first time.

How do you feel about the extended cut of Empire? I only ever watched it once and HATED it with a real passion but I have seen the theatrical cut countless times. Liv Tyler was mesmerizing... Shocked

I fully understand, some movies that feel timeless to me because they've been with me since I was a kid were not well received upon recommendation to friends in their 30's.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/18/2018, 7:59 pm

I used to see Empire Records on TV all the time so I probably saw a version different from the theatrical and extended versions. I don’t know the differences well enough to have a preference.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/18/2018, 8:27 pm

Tyger wrote:I used to see Empire Records on TV all the time so I probably saw a version different from the theatrical and extended versions. I don’t know the differences well enough to have a preference.

So have you only ever seen the tv edit??
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/18/2018, 9:02 pm

Just got back from Alpha. Good movie. Kodi Smit-McPhee is good. He always surprises me as to how good of an actor he is. For this one, he is pretty much alone, save for the wolf, and he is able to show emotions well enough that the viewer feels for his character.

I digged it.

The sound was really good, too. I really hope the blu-ray audio is just as good.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/18/2018, 9:14 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:I used to see Empire Records on TV all the time so I probably saw a version different from the theatrical and extended versions. I don’t know the differences well enough to have a preference.

So have you only ever seen the tv edit??
I think I used to see the theatrical cut on cable, then the TV edit on basic TV, then I think the fan edit got a TV version and that’s the one on the blu-ray so it’s like it transitioned
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/19/2018, 10:19 pm

I watched Mission Impossible: Fallout.

What a great movie. Kept me on the edge of my seat and I loved every minute of it. The audio was really good, too.

I definitely recommend this one for a theater viewing. I am already looking forward to the next one.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/19/2018, 10:53 pm

joey con carne wrote:I watched Mission Impossible: Fallout.

What a great movie. Kept me on the edge of my seat and I loved every minute of it. The audio was really good, too.

I definitely recommend this one for a theater viewing. I am already looking forward to the next one.

Who'd have thunk the crazy couch-jumping Scientologist is the worlds last true Hollywood action star.

I hit the cinemas about once a year, and MI: Fallout may very well be this years viewing.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/20/2018, 6:34 am

Rusty wrote:Who'd have thunk the crazy couch-jumping Scientologist is the worlds last true Hollywood action star.

I hit the cinemas about once a year, and MI: Fallout may very well be this years viewing.

Tom Cruise and The Rock, quite a time we're living in. Razz 

I have no idea how many years it's been since I've been to a movie theater now. I used to go weekly and I'd see everything but now I just wait for it to hit streaming.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/20/2018, 3:41 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:Who'd have thunk the crazy couch-jumping Scientologist is the worlds last true Hollywood action star.

Tom Cruise and The Rock, quite a time we're living in. Razz 

I have no idea how many years it's been since I've been to a movie theater now. I used to go weekly and I'd see everything but now I just wait for it to hit streaming.

I don't consider The Rock and action star. His shit is all stuntmen and CGI nonsense. Movie star, absolutely, but not action.

I use to go multiple times a week. Any day I had off work, or got home early, I went to the movies. I saw almost everything that came out that wasn't a kids movie. Now, I try and go once a year, and it's usually to a retro night so I can see something I've never seen on the big screen. Bladerunner, Jaws, The Goonies have been the last few.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/20/2018, 5:25 pm

I go once or twice a year. Can't wait till I build my theater room, then I might not ever go at all.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/23/2018, 7:25 pm

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2018, 12:40 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/30/2018, 7:49 pm

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/22/2018, 3:14 pm

With all the Joker news lately, I was lucky enough to find the 1966 Batman movie on HBO Go. Love how cheesy this is.

Lee Meriwether was 31 years old in this one. What a beautiful everything.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/23/2018, 10:45 am

I watched A Simple Favor last night and really liked it

The best way to describe it would kinda spoil it

Only one brief kiss between Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively

Linda Cardelini has a brief appearance and this was directed by Pail Feige so Freaks and Geeks reunion
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/23/2018, 12:49 pm

Tyger wrote:I watched A Simple Favor last night and really liked it

The best way to describe it would kinda spoil it

Only one brief kiss between Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively

Linda Cardelini has a brief appearance and this was directed by Pail Feige so Freaks and Geeks reunion

Cool! I was intrigued by the trailer.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/26/2018, 8:08 am

I watched Game Night last night, it was pretty funny
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/26/2018, 10:08 am

Tyger wrote:I watched Game Night last night, it was pretty funny

That one doesn't sound familiar to me.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/26/2018, 12:45 pm

I never saw any trailers but did see the poster. It’s an R rated comedy with Jason Bateman from earlier in the year
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/26/2018, 3:38 pm

Tyger wrote:I never saw any trailers but did see the poster. It’s an R rated comedy with Jason Bateman from earlier in the year

Ahhh, I see Bateman. Nuff said.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/26/2018, 4:30 pm

Tyger wrote:I watched Game Night last night, it was pretty funny

Yep, very funny. Jesse Plemons's character Gary was hilarious.

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:I never saw any trailers but did see the poster. It’s an R rated comedy with Jason Bateman from earlier in the year

Ahhh, I see Bateman. Nuff said.

You need to give Bateman a chance. You keep seeing him as the comedy guy, which he is in this but he does drama really well in my opinion. Give Ozark a chance when you have some time.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/26/2018, 6:12 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:You need to give Bateman a chance. You keep seeing him as the comedy guy, which he is in this but he does drama really well in my opinion. Give Ozark a chance when you have some time.

Jason Bateman might be relatively new to you but I've seen enough of his movies and shows over the last 30 years to know exactly what he's capable of and what he's not. If you go back and watch Teen Wolf II, that's the same Bateman you get today so I don't need to watch anything else he makes cause I've already seen everything the mid range talent man has to offer.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/26/2018, 7:04 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:You need to give Bateman a chance. You keep seeing him as the comedy guy, which he is in this but he does drama really well in my opinion. Give Ozark a chance when you have some time.

Jason Bateman might be relatively new to you but I've seen enough of his movies and shows over the last 30 years to know exactly what he's capable of and what he's not. If you go back and watch Teen Wolf II, that's the same Bateman you get today so I don't need to watch anything else he makes cause I've already seen everything the mid range talent man has to offer.

Damn! I've only seen his work for the past 10 years I'd say.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/26/2018, 7:44 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! I've only seen his work for the past 10 years I'd say.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/26/2018, 8:42 pm

After Arrested Development('s original run) he makes anything he’s in worthwhile.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/27/2018, 6:57 am

Tyger wrote:After Arrested Development('s original run) he makes anything he’s in worthwhile.

We both clearly have long standing opposite opinions. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/27/2018, 8:48 pm

Some mid-90s camp, courtesy of Hulu. Cool

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/27/2018, 9:44 pm

I watched Judge Dredd earlier this year. It’s both better and worse than I remembered.

I haven’t seen The Phantom in at least 15 years
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/27/2018, 10:49 pm

Tyger wrote:I watched Judge Dredd earlier this year. It’s both better and worse than I remembered.

I felt the same about Dredd, the CGI was terrible and Stallone's co-star was Rob Schneider but the movie was better than I remembered as a whole.

I hadn't seen Phantom in at least 15 years either, that feels like a property ripe for a reboot in the day and age. So many things did not hold up but Kristy Swanson and Catherine Zeta Jones kept my interest.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/1/2018, 8:21 pm

Today's round of movies, courtesy of Hulu. I never have to change discs or download anything these days, it's all good with streaming.  Cool

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/1/2018, 8:30 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:I watched Judge Dredd earlier this year. It’s both better and worse than I remembered.

I felt the same about Dredd, the CGI was terrible and Stallone's co-star was Rob Schneider but the movie was better than I remembered as a whole.

I hadn't seen Phantom in at least 15 years either, that feels like a property ripe for a reboot in the day and age. So many things did not hold up but Kristy Swanson and Catherine Zeta Jones kept my interest.
I got no hate for Schneider.

I think they did reboot The Phantom about ten years ago, but low budget
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/1/2018, 8:44 pm

Tyger wrote:I got no hate for Schneider.

Schneider was always the zany sidekick but because I'd seen Surf Ninjas hundreds of times as a kid, I was pretty desensitized to his antics. I don't hate him either but I have only seen him in a handful of movies over the years and I never saw one just because he was in it.

I think SyFy tried to launch a Phantom tv series but they put an unknown actor in what I remember to be a beekeepers helmet and it ended up being released as a tv movie since they never shot more than the pilot. That property could have some real depth if they find they find the right writer to mine it.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/1/2018, 9:06 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:I got no hate for Schneider.

Schneider was always the zany sidekick but because I'd seen Surf Ninjas hundreds of times as a kid, I was pretty desensitized to his antics. I don't hate him either but I have only seen him in a handful of movies over the years and I never saw one just because he was in it.

I think SyFy tried to launch a Phantom tv series but they put an unknown actor in what I remember to be a beekeepers helmet and it ended up being released as a tv movie since they never shot more than the pilot. That property could have some real depth if they find they find the right writer to mine it.
That’s probably what I’m remembering

I just don’t understand why Schneider is always shit on for his role in Judge Dredd when Armand Assante is far worse
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/2/2018, 10:35 am

Tyger wrote:I just don’t understand why Schneider is always shit on for his role in Judge Dredd when Armand Assante is far worse

You know that was definitely my opinion too. Though IMO, Armand Assante has pretty much overacted in every scene he's ever been in. Striptease, Judge Dredd and Chuck have  solidified my opinion of what a horrible actor Assante is and compared to Schneider, I actually feel like I've had less complaints about Rob's movie roles than Armand's.

I would put Assante in the same category as Chris Klein, overactors who have spent their careers being paid for something they clearly have no aptitude for.

It's amazing how better Rob's career starts to look when compared to those guys, lol. Razz Razz Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/2/2018, 11:52 am

You think Chris Klein overacts? Pssshhhhhhh You have clearly never seen Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.

Disclaimer: The video title is not accurate. The video does not contain all of Chris Klein's spoken lines.

Nash, out.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/2/2018, 12:08 pm

I never thought I’d see Chris Klein accused overacting.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/2/2018, 1:25 pm

Tyger wrote:I never thought I’d see Chris Klein accused overacting.

As opposed to the legitimately talented actor you find him to be??????

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 21 Giphy
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/2/2018, 1:42 pm

No, as opposed to “oh that guy? He did movies after American Pie?”
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/2/2018, 2:50 pm

Tyger wrote:No, as opposed to “oh that guy? He did movies after American Pie?”

I was very worried you were going full Abe on us...... 

Chris Klein has racked up quite the career of terrible but he's also about to be featured heavily as the upcoming BIG BAD for Flash's Fifth season!!! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/5/2018, 9:33 am

So I just caught GDT's The Shape of Water on Hulu for the very first time and have got to say I'm a bit shocked considering I knew virtually nothing about this movie. Not only have I never seen glorious full bush nudity in a GDT movie, I've never seen a movie where the lead actress gets Fish Sticked multiple times.

That movie was nuts! How were you people not warning me about a lady who fucks a fish?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/5/2018, 8:26 pm

Currently watching Hurricane Heist on Netflix starring Maggie Grace and Ryan Kwanten.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/13/2018, 2:51 pm

Just finished Downfall. Good film. Recommended if you're into history - specifically, the last days of The Third Reich.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next