BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

5 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently Empty Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/4/2019, 11:43 am

joey con carne wrote:I have never heard of Velvet Buzzsaw. Googled and see it's the new J. Gyllenhaal film. I'll have to check this out.

I watched it during the weekend, I didn't like it. It was different but not scary at all for a horror film, got some good actors though.

I'll tell you what is scary though, I watched Hereditary last week and it was scary as fuck. Starts kind of slow but goes all out towards the end, very creepy. I need to stop watching movies like this.

joey con carne wrote:I watched IO on Netflix and also the Fyre Festival documentaries on both Netflix and Hulu.

Both documentaries have their positives and negatives. I would recommend watching the Netflix one first then watching the Hulu one. Ja Rule is such a toolbag. He said what happened at Fyre Festival isn't fraud. It was more "false advertising". LOL That's fraud, you fucking bozo![/quote]

I watched IO with Anthony Mackie, it was ok but the ending could've been better.

What's this Fyre Festival I keep hearing about?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Tyger 2/4/2019, 3:31 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:I have never heard of Velvet Buzzsaw. Googled and see it's the new J. Gyllenhaal film. I'll have to check this out.

It's like Gllenhaal has entered the Gosling or Gordon-Levitt phase of his career where he only makes really weird arthouse movies that polarize audiences. It reminds me a lot of the trajectory in which Gosling and Gordon-Levitt took and now Gyllenhaal too is all wrapped up in either moody psychedelic art house or boring as fuck biopics and I find myself avoiding pretty much everything he's putting out now which is a real shame cause he's quite talented. However, given that next up he's entering the world of Spider-Man, I feel like maybe in a few more years I might be able to catch back up with his career but it's going to be a long wait and he's going to make a lot more bullshit I don't care about until then.
That’s been the majority of his career.

Velvet Buzzsaw was by the same writer/director as Nightcrawler, but that movie was really good. Jake's good in this, but the tone is not at all consistent.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/4/2019, 3:38 pm

Tyger wrote:That’s been the majority of his career.

Velvet Buzzsaw was by the same writer/director as Nightcrawler, but that movie was really good. Jake's good in this, but the tone is not at all consistent.

I never felt like Gyllenhaal's movies were polarizing for me but maybe my tolerance for strange was just very low because I lost count of how many times I watched Bubble Boy and Donnie Darko when I was in high school.

Same writer/director as Nightcrawler and yet this sucked? This is why I hardly ever watch movies anymore, they're just disappointments.  Evil or Very Mad

Community
Hunters
Suburra: Blood on Rome
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/5/2019, 8:44 pm

Rusty wrote:Watched Polar on Netflix. Decent cast with Mads Mikkelsen, Katheryn Winnick, Vanessa Hudgens, and Ruby O. Fee, but all-in-all, it sucked. It's a poor man's John Wick. Some of the characters were way too cartoonish. Hard to take any of it seriously.

Just watched this last night. Yeah, it reminded me of John Wick in some ways. Beautifully shot, great action, nice sex scenes and an ok story. I didn't think it was that terrible. Either that or I was very bored. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/16/2019, 10:51 pm

Finally got around to watching Sicario: Day of the Soldado.

Pretty damn good. Hope Tyler Sheridan makes a third one. Be interesting to see where he goes with it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/17/2019, 6:54 am

Rusty wrote:Finally got around to watching Sicario: Day of the Soldado.

Pretty damn good. Hope Tyler Sheridan makes a third one. Be interesting to see where he goes with it.

I grabbed this from an article last Summer, Taylor Sheridan Has "Master Plan" for 'Sicario' Trilogy

Soldado is the second film in what is expected to be a Sicario trilogy. “Taylor always kicked around the idea that this was going to be a trilogy,” said co-producer Trent Luckinbill. “He has a lot of ideas of where he could take these characters.”

And one of those characters is FBI agent Kate Macer, played by Emily Blunt. While she appeared in the first pic, Blunt doesn’t pop up in Soldado. She’ll likely return if a third film gets the green light. “Taylor has a master plan.” Luckinbill said. “For this one, I think he really just wanted to explore Josh and Benicio’s characters.”

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/6/2019, 3:09 am

Watched Bumblebee last night.

Have to say I was underwhelmed. When it was released I constantly heard how fresh it was, and how much better of a movie it was than the original lot - and I have to say that's not entirely accurate.

The only difference was a) the main character is a female, and b) she doesn't have some familial connection (no grandfather that discovered them decades ago).

Everything else was essentially identical. Right down to the overly-comical family members, the douchey teenagers, and even the over-acting government agents.

The graphics, as with all previous Michael Bay produced Transformer films, are second-to-none - they are flawless. The story? Not so much.

I will say that some of the Transformers shown in the early battle really did look like some of the toys - less moving parts - and they looked fucking great.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/29/2019, 7:49 pm

Awwwwww shiiiiiit Just finished Blind Fury. What a great movie.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/29/2019, 8:38 pm

joey con carne wrote:Awwwwww shiiiiiit Just finished Blind Fury. What a great movie.

Rutger Hauer! Awesome flick. Haven't watched it in years.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/30/2019, 6:26 am

Russ, you must watch it again. The last time I watched it was when I was in grade school. It has aged perfectly fine. No stupid effects. This is when actors had to actually do shit instead of relying on graphic effects.

Rutger Hauer is so good in this. I love the bar scene when he beats up the bullies and he’s just like “What’s going on? Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!” Meanwhile he’s just smacking everyone “accidentally” with his cane.

This was also the first time I saw Meg Foster. Those eyes. Yea, you all know what I am talking about.

I recommend everyone here watch this movie whether it is the first time or repeat. Good stuff!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/30/2019, 7:48 am

joey con carne wrote:Russ, you must watch it again. The last time I watched it was when I was in grade school. It has aged perfectly fine. No stupid effects. This is when actors had to actually do shit instead of relying on graphic effects.

Rutger Hauer is so good in this. I love the bar scene when he beats up the bullies and he’s just like “What’s going on? Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!” Meanwhile he’s just smacking everyone “accidentally” with his cane.

This was also the first time I saw Meg Foster. Those eyes. Yea, you all know what I am talking about.

I recommend everyone here watch this movie whether it is the first time or repeat. Good stuff!

Oh this guy definitely knows Meg Foster but it was Masters of the Universe that introduced me to her. Then came the ultimate wrestling, bareknuckle brawling, sci-fi, alien invasion, Carpenter classic "They Live". Eventually I did see Blind Fury but I really have no memory of it other than Meg being in it.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/30/2019, 4:43 pm

Holy shit, Masters of the Universe. Yes! I remember her in that as Evil-Lyn.

Gonna see if I can find a download of that.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/2/2019, 10:00 am

I watched Waiting... last night. Holy shit, I haven't seen this in years.

This is the movie that taught me to never, ever send food back and to never come into a restaurant minutes before closing.

And the greatest lesson of all: Don't fuck with people who handle your food.

This is my favorite Ryan Reynolds movie. Favorite Justin Long movie, too.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/2/2019, 5:48 pm

joey con carne wrote:I watched Waiting... last night. Holy shit, I haven't seen this in years.

This is the movie that taught me to never, ever send food back and to never come into a restaurant minutes before closing.

LOL I watched that maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I feel the same, my favourite Reynolds movie.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/2/2019, 8:20 pm

Rusty wrote:
joey con carne wrote:I watched Waiting... last night. Holy shit, I haven't seen this in years.

LOL I watched that maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I feel the same, my favourite Reynolds movie.

After seeing Waiting, I have never once sent back my food in a restaurant. But it also made me basically stop eating in restaurants entirely too. That shit was nightmare fuel!

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/4/2019, 5:43 pm

Same. I guess we all learned something from the movie. They do some disgusting stuff to the food but it was a funny movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/4/2019, 6:02 pm

Waiting always seemed like a discount Clerks to me, but my friend who had already worked at multiple franchise restaurants at the time told me it’s totally accurate
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/4/2019, 9:14 pm

Tyger wrote:Waiting always seemed like a discount Clerks to me, but my friend who had already worked at multiple franchise restaurants at the time told me it’s totally accurate

If even 5% of the horrific shit they did in that movie was true, nobody with a brain would eat in a restaurant again. Just saying, I prepare all of my own meals.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/4/2019, 10:57 pm

I watched Kindergarten Cop on Hulu yesterday for the first time in years. Man, Kimble was a bad cop.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/4/2019, 10:58 pm

Tyger wrote:I watched Kindergarten Cop on Hulu yesterday for the first time in years. Man, Kimble was a bad cop.

He wasn't a very good Kindergarten teacher either.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/4/2019, 11:37 pm

That’s also true, but he wasn’t really expected to be
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/5/2019, 7:30 am

Tyger wrote:That’s also true, but he wasn’t really expected to be

It's been many many years since I last watched it. Can you briefly summarize Kimble's worst cop moments?

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/5/2019, 8:37 am

Right at the beginning he’s harassing a witness, tracks down that girl and tells her he’s gonna be around “days, nights, weekends, holidays”

He establishes a romantic relationship with his other target witness, an actual teacher, which was unprofessional as both a cop and a teacher.

There are other things too, I’m sure, but I was like damn, he would be suspended or dare I say...terminated...in real life
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/5/2019, 2:47 pm

Who is your daddy and what does he do?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/5/2019, 3:47 pm

Tyger wrote:Right at the beginning he’s harassing a witness, tracks down that girl and tells her he’s gonna be around “days, nights, weekends, holidays”

He establishes a romantic relationship with his other target witness, an actual teacher, which was unprofessional as both a cop and a teacher.

There are other things too, I’m sure, but I was like damn, he would be suspended or dare I say...terminated...in real life

Damn, that is some dicey cop work. LOL. If it ever comes to Hulu, I'll have to revisit.

joey con carne wrote:Who is your daddy and what does he do?

My dad's a gynecologist. He looks at vaginas all day long.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/5/2019, 4:17 pm

Tyger wrote:I watched Kindergarten Cop on Hulu yesterday for the first time in years. Man, Kimble was a bad cop.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/5/2019, 8:18 pm

Tyger wrote:

I see my mistake. I also see it on Hulu now....

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/6/2019, 7:02 pm

Saw Rocketman, it was good but disappointing at the same time. Songs are all out of order and sometimes they have other people sing which gives it more of a jukebox musical vibe.

That being said, Taron Egerton does a great job and there is a lot of good
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/6/2019, 10:59 pm

Watched You’ll Always Be My Maybe on Netflix and while it’s not a mostly Asian American cast, the leads are and I liked it a lot more than Crazy Rich Asians.

Part of that may be because it’s set in the Bay Area where I grew up and the male lead has a Handsome Boy Modeling School poster in his room and then in the credits I see Dan the Automator wrote the original songs in the movie.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/25/2019, 10:01 am

I watched the Blade “trilogy” last night

I haven’t watched Blade in forever, I don’t think I’d ever seen Blade II all the way or any of Trinity. I had no idea Kristofferson came back for the sequels. They were all somehow better and worse than I remembered/expected.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/25/2019, 10:40 am

Tyger wrote:I watched the Blade “trilogy” last night

I haven’t watched Blade in forever, I don’t think I’d ever seen Blade II all the way or any of Trinity. I had no idea Kristofferson came back for the sequels. They were all somehow better and worse than I remembered/expected.

I watch Blade and Blade II annually but Blade II has always been my favorite. Whistler plays an important part as to why Blade II is my favorite of the franchise.

Trinity doesn't exist for me though, once in my lifetime was more than enough....Ryan Reynolds, Triple H and vampire Pomeranians. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/25/2019, 4:26 pm

Reynolds was entertaining. I can’t believe Dominic Purcell was their choice for Dracula.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/25/2019, 7:27 pm

Tyger wrote:Reynolds was entertaining. I can’t believe Dominic Purcell was their choice for Dracula.

I believe you mean Drake. Razz 

I think Trinity was right before Prison Break.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/25/2019, 7:53 pm

I don’t care if they call him Doug, he doesn’t have the gravitas to play the first vampire and it’s even worse if that was before Prison Break. That’s the only thing I’ve ever known him for.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/28/2019, 9:42 am

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - it was fun, I liked, animation style was cool, but I still don’t get why people went apeshit over it

Cop Car - also good, but don’t get why it got so much buzz when it came out and really don’t get how the director went from that to the new Spider-Man movies
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/11/2019, 10:32 pm

Finally watched Alita yesterday, it was good. A good action movie with a good story. I wouldn't mind seeing more movies and learning about her past.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/13/2019, 9:11 pm

I watched Alita last week. It was OK. It definitely feels like the beginning of a franchise, which may never come.

A friend at work gave me the DC animated “adaptation” of HUSH which is drastically changed and not for the better.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/13/2019, 9:45 pm

Tyger wrote:I watched Alita last week. It was OK. It definitely feels like the beginning of a franchise, which may never come.

I don't know how well it did in the BO but Rosa said she's down to make more.

Tyger wrote:A friend at work gave me the DC animated “adaptation” of HUSH which is drastically changed and not for the better.

I need to check it out, trailer was good.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/14/2019, 6:57 am

Did Rosa Salazar do the motion capture for Alita or just the voice? She did both, right? Did she do the motion capture for the fight sequences, too?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/14/2019, 10:56 am

joey con carne wrote:Did Rosa Salazar do the motion capture for Alita or just the voice? She did both, right? Did she do the motion capture for the fight sequences, too?

She did both but probably not all the stunts.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/21/2019, 9:59 am

Watched Between Two Ferns movie last night, those interviews are the funniest bits. He got David Letterman pretty good. Even Keanu Reeves was interviewed by this crazy man. lol There were some bloopers during credits, stick around for those.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/21/2019, 10:09 am

I watched it last night too, it was fun but I think most of the best stuff was in the trailer
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/22/2019, 11:29 am

Tyger wrote:I watched it last night too, it was fun but I think most of the best stuff was in the trailer

I agree, it was the same interviews with a little bit extra. I kind of felt bad for Hailee though, she didn't have any lines.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/5/2019, 5:28 am

Watched In the Shadow of the Moon last night. Not what I expected. It was “okay” but felt like it was too long at one hour and 48.

Not recommended.

Will watch that Matthew Broderick movie you guys mentioned in the random thoughts thread along with In the Shadow of the Moon.

Oop. I am referring to Daybreak which is actually a series. Sophie Simnett is beautiful. Wow. Maybe she can be Catwoman next to Robert Pattinson.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/5/2019, 3:14 pm

Batman Forever and Batman & Robin

It’s so funny to watch Batman Forever knowing this was WB's idea of course correction after Returns was deemed too dark and weird.

I actually watched both movies with the Joel Schumacher commentary for the first time and they’re good commentaries. My favorite part is in Forever talking about how the producers originally thought Nicole Kidman wasn’t sexy enough, immediately followed with “They have since changed their minds”
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next