BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 14 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by joey con carne 7/9/2024, 4:57 pm

So apparently, someone named Julia Fox is a lesbian. Who is she and why is this important news? I am assuming she is an actress.

Googled her. She looks so familiar. Pretty sure I’ve seen some of her work. Noice.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/9/2024, 10:24 pm

WyldeMan wrote:It's been over a decade since I've seen a cashier bag anything where I live. They just scan the items and then sit them on the counter for you to then bag yourself. Which is why I prefer a machine to some bitchy millennial who can't even put their phone down long enough to greet me before telling me how much money I now owe them for doing nothing.

In a followup to my earlier post about John Cena hosting Shark Week, he also announced his retirement from WWE in ring action on Saturday. He will return to the ring for nearly the entirely of 2025 for one final tour from January through December making around 40 appearances. So he's going to be putting a lot of his movie work on hold and do a final year in the company that made him and help make some young stars on his way out. Thankfully he's shooting Peacemaker season 2 now, so that won't be interrupted. He's a real good dude...that I hated for a very long time LOL.

Every interview I've seen him in he's a very humble, down to earth kind of guy and doesn't take himself seriously. I remember you used to hate the guy. Glad you came around.

joey con carne wrote:So apparently, someone named Julia Fox is a lesbian. Who is she and why is this important news? I am assuming she is an actress.

Googled her. She looks so familiar. Pretty sure I’ve seen some of her work. Noice.

I only remember her from Uncut Gems. I liked her in it but she's been looking rough after the movie came out. You can just tell something is off with her, most likely drugs.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/10/2024, 6:05 am

joey con carne wrote:So apparently, someone named Julia Fox is a lesbian. Who is she and why is this important news? I am assuming she is an actress.

You haven't seen anything she's in. She's familiar because she tries to look like Lady Gaga at every opportunity.

You need to know she's a lesbian because her career sucks and she needs the attention.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/10/2024, 12:58 pm

Horizon Part 1's release has been such a massive failure grossing onl;y $23 million so far that Part 2 has been pulled from its August release and the studio is now debating whether to even release it in theaters or just drop it on streaming at some unknown time in the future. 

Apparently they are primarily marketing this to the Over 50 crowd who are slow to go to theaters so they want to give that older audience time to "find it" once it's available for rental and home purchase before they release Part II.

Meanwhile Part 1 hits digital next Tuesday, July 16th.

Dune Part II
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (Hulu/Disney+)
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
Sausage Fest: Foodtopia (Prime)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/10/2024, 1:05 pm

Rusty wrote:

You haven't seen anything she's in. She's familiar because she tries to look like Lady Gaga at every opportunity.

You need to know she's a lesbian because her career sucks and she needs the attention.

Julia Fox as in the "actress" that "dated" Kanye for awhile and she played Sandler's mistress in Uncut Gems in 2019 and when she was in high school she worked as a dominatrix and obviously had a super shitty childhood. That's all I know about Julia Fox but I never heard she was a lesbian though since I assume all women are at least a little bit bisexual, I can't say I'm surprised.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/10/2024, 1:22 pm

Thanks, guys. Great responses. Had real shitty two weeks and this helped immensely.

Laughing
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/10/2024, 1:26 pm

joey con carne wrote:Thanks, guys. Great responses. Had real shitty two weeks and this helped immensely.

Laughing

Is it your corporate overlords again? 

You know me, always willing to discuss potential hot lesbians or any other woman I find attractive enough to pass the time discussing.

What else should I be doing, watching the news or reading the bible? Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

In other dope news The Bikeriders just hit digital today so my evening plans are set. Cool

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/13/2024, 2:12 pm

Ridiculous Fitness legend Richard Simmons turned 76 years old yesterday but he woke up dead today.

Well now, Pauly Shore can finally make that authorized biopic he's been wanting to that Simmons has been shutting down.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/13/2024, 7:27 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Is it your corporate overlords again? 

You know me, always willing to discuss potential hot lesbians or any other woman I find attractive enough to pass the time discussing.

What else should I be doing, watching the news or reading the bible? Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

In other dope news The Bikeriders just hit digital today so my evening plans are set. Cool

Yea, work has been pretty crazy lately and I've just had a lot of pressure. However, I just got promoted so.... I guess the shit paid off.

Sad to hear about Richard Simmons. Only 76. Seems like 76 is considered "young" these days. I hope he was happy, at least. He stepped away from the public eye like ten years ago and people were just speculating and shit about him being a prisoner in his own home etc. I really hope he was okay because I know he definitely helped a lot of people.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/13/2024, 10:53 pm

Random Thoughts - Page 14 Tt6O6Fe

Holy fuck.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/14/2024, 7:08 am

This is now history. This is exactly what the Democrats don’t want. They want Trump to be remembered as a felon sex abuser. But now that will be overshadowed by the fact he is now a president of the united states who survived an assassination attempt. Love it!

By the way, guys, more important than the Trump attempted assassination: Today is Casey Poe’s birthday. Today marks the first time she saw her dad on her birthday because her dad came home on July 14.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/14/2024, 2:11 pm

God damn cancer strikes again...Shannen Doherty has died at 53 years old.

Young Wylde sure loved me some Brenda Walsh and as a lifelong Christian Slater fan, I've also seen Heathers countless times. It's a shame Shannen's bad girl reputation ruined her career before it really got going because she was beautiful and talented and she could have had a much bigger star under different circumstances. 

RIP Shannen Doherty, may you finally be at peace. 

Random Thoughts - Page 14 Ustv-s10

Random Thoughts - Page 14 50973810

Random Thoughts - Page 14 3938d910

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/14/2024, 2:16 pm

joey con carne wrote:This is now history. This is exactly what the Democrats don’t want. They want Trump to be remembered as a felon sex abuser. But now that will be overshadowed by the fact he is now a president of the united states who survived an assassination attempt. Love it!

By the way, guys, more important than the Trump attempted assassination: Today is Casey Poe’s birthday. Today marks the first time she saw her dad on her birthday because her dad came home on July 14.

The Right couldn't have orchestrated these events any better if they'd planned it, Oh wait....

Also put the bunny back in the back!

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/14/2024, 8:48 pm

Shannen was absolutely beautiful. But what do you mean by "bad girl reputation"?

Trump's assassination attempt was crazy. They ID'd the shooter and he was only 20 years old. They're also saying they notified the officers and maybe Secret Service of the shooter on the roof but they didn't act on the information. Someone is not doing their job right.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/14/2024, 10:06 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Shannen was absolutely beautiful. But what do you mean by "bad girl reputation"?

Shannen was a hard partying wild child and got fired from 90210 and a few years later also fired from Charmed. Her co-stars always said she was incredibly difficult to work with and she was in every tabloid paper in the early 90s, so whether true or not she had quite the wild reputation. Actresses like Shannen and Drew Barrymore were goin crazy during that time period and I was there for it.  Cool

UltimateMarvel wrote:Trump's assassination attempt was crazy. They ID'd the shooter and he was only 20 years old. They're also saying they notified the officers and maybe Secret Service of the shooter on the roof but they didn't act on the information. Someone is not doing their job right.

As I said, everything went perfectly according to their plans. They didn't even need a Jack Ruby this time, they took care of it on scene and it was all wrapped up with a neat little bow and a reinvigorated irate voter base believing the bullshit their being spoon fed and ready to riot once again. 

We're fucked for four more years....again.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/15/2024, 2:34 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Shannen was a hard partying wild child and got fired from 90210 and a few years later also fired from Charmed. Her co-stars always said she was incredibly difficult to work with and she was in every tabloid paper in the early 90s, so whether true or not she had quite the wild reputation. Actresses like Shannen and Drew Barrymore were goin crazy during that time period and I was there for it.  Cool

That's probably the reason they replaced her with Rose McGowen in Charmed.

WyldeMan wrote:As I said, everything went perfectly according to their plans. They didn't even need a Jack Ruby this time, they took care of it on scene and it was all wrapped up with a neat little bow and a reinvigorated irate voter base believing the bullshit their being spoon fed and ready to riot once again. 

We're fucked for four more years....again.

Yeah, the more we learn about the situation the more suspicious it looks. He picked his VP today and apparently there was a movie made about him with Amy Adams that I enjoyed. Not sure how much of a true story it is but now that he's supporting Trump, I'm not sure if I believe it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/15/2024, 2:40 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, the more we learn about the situation the more suspicious it looks. He picked his VP today and apparently there was a movie made about him with Amy Adams that I enjoyed. Not sure how much of a true story it is but now that he's supporting Trump, I'm not sure if I believe it.

Yeah Hillbilly Elegy on Netflix. At no point while watching that movie did I think, "this guy would make an excellent Vice President".

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/15/2024, 2:42 pm

Alec Baldwin Trial: Actor Jensen Ackles Also Had Live Bullet on 'Rust' Set
Random Thoughts - Page 14 Jensen11
Alec Baldwin possessed one of many rounds of live ammunition found on the Rust set, a witness claimed during his involuntary manslaughter trial in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Crime scene technician Marissa Poppell was called to testify for the prosecution on Thursday and told the jury that investigators found live bullets on a prop cart, "co-mingled" with dummy rounds.

They were also found in hostlers worn by Baldwin, who fatally shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins with a real bullet, and another worn by actor Jensen Ackles.

Newsweek has contacted reps for Ackles for comment.

Baldwin's defense attorney Alex Spiro asked Poppell, "Mr. Ackles, another actor on the set, turns out that he — as he acted, as he performed — had a live bullet in his bandolier, correct?"

"Yes," she replied.

"You have no reason to think Mr. Ackles had any idea that was there, right?" Spiro asked.

The jury was also shown photos of live and dummy rounds of ammo from the set, which to the untrained eye, could be difficult to tell apart. The live rounds appeared to have a silver dot at the bottom of the casing rather than a gold or bronze shade.

"Your working theory, as you evaluated the ammunition and looked at the similarity between the Starline nickel live and the Starline nickel dummies is that they could have been easily commingled there?" Spiro asked.

"Yes," Poppell replied.

"In other words, somebody could have mistaken one for the other, right?" he continued.

"Yes," she said.

Ackles spoke about the Rust shooting in a 2022 interview with USA Today.

"You can chalk it up to negligence or try to point a finger at anybody," Ackles said at the time. "At the end of the day, it was a horrible, horrible accident that ended with a life. Unfortunately, those do happen all the time around the world everywhere. You don't normally witness them like I did, and it's certainly shocking and jarring. It makes you value life even more than you had."

The actor, who went on to call Hutchins "an incredible talent" in the interview, left the film after the shooting, citing scheduling conflicts, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Actor Josh Hopkins filled his role.

In a second win for the state on Thursday, Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer allowed a portion of a transcript documenting Baldwin's statement of understanding the danger of guns.

The passage included a statement Baldwin made, claiming he knew the fact that "blanks can kill."

The 30 Rock star could face up to 18 months in prison if convicted of involuntary manslaughter from the 2021 incident.

It was revealed Thursday that Rust armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, who is currently serving her 18-month sentence for her role in Hutchin's death, will not testify against Baldwin, citing her Fifth Amendment rights.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/16/2024, 2:59 am

Prime Day is upon us. Anybody got anything interesting in their sights?
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2024, 7:13 am

Rusty wrote:Prime Day is upon us. Anybody got anything interesting in their sights?

Nah, not this go around because I've already spent a lot of money in the past two weeks on unforeseen repairs around my home, vehicles, Air conditioner, exterminators and animals ruining my garden. No spare cash for fun right now.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2024, 7:17 am

Jack Black Cancels Tenacious D Tour, Says He Was “Blindsided” By Kyle Gass’s 
Trump Assassination Comment
Random Thoughts - Page 14 Tenaci10
Jack Black has cancelled his latest Tenacious D tour and said that “all future creative plans” for the duo are on hold, following his partner Kyle Gass’ controversial on stage ‘joke’ about the weekend’s assassination attempt against Donald Trump.

Actor, comedian and singer Black said today: “I was blindsided by what was said at the show on Sunday. I would never condone hate speech or encourage political violence in any form. After much reflection, I no longer feel it is appropriate to continue the Tenacious D tour, and all future creative plans are on hold. I am grateful to the fans for their support and understanding.”

During a performance in Sydney on Sunday, Gass was asked to make a wish by his co-frontman, replying “Don’t miss Trump next time”. The jibe has attracted plenty of criticism, with an Australian senator demanding the comedy-rock band be deported.

The duo had another week of gigs in Australia and then were due to head to New Zealand. The show’s local promoter initially posted that tonight’s show was postponed but Black subsequently issued the above statement about the tour’s entire cancellation.

Tenacious D was also due to begin a U.S. tour in October with a sold-out show in newly minted GOP VP pick Sen. J.D. Vance’s state of Ohio. That is now also seemingly on ice.

We’re told by a source that information on “remaining tour dates and refunds will be provided at a later date.”

Black is vocal in his support of the Democrats. Back on June 7 at a mega-fundraiser in DTLA, a stars and stripes overalls-wearing Black gave a full-throated endorsement to the incumbent. When the president wins in November — yeah! — I’m pretty sure I’m going to get a sweet shoutout in his victory speech for what I gave up to be here,” Black told the well-heeled crowd at the Peacock Theater. “Because when democracy is at stake, Jack Black answers the call. Mr. President, you’re welcome.”

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2024, 7:20 am

Oh KG no!!! Think it absolutely but never say it on stage!!!

RIP Tenacious D, you had a great run.

I will now watch The Pick of Destiny with great sadness in your honor.

Rust, did this make your news?

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2024, 8:24 am

Horizon Part 1 is now streaming.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/16/2024, 7:04 pm

Rusty wrote:Prime Day is upon us. Anybody got anything interesting in their sights?

Nothing for me. If I see something I need and not want, I might purchase.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/16/2024, 7:54 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Oh KG no!!! Think it absolutely but never say it on stage!!!

RIP Tenacious D, you had a great run.

I will now watch The Pick of Destiny with great sadness in your honor.

Rust, did this make your news?

Yeah made the news. Typical nonsense. Politicians "demanding" apologies , and even a radio station or two saying they've banned their music from being played ever again - which is a bunch of shit because if they ever did play their music, it was only ever that 1 song, because that's the only song the general radio listener has ever fucking heard of theirs.

All just tossers blowing hot air so they get mentioned.

WyldeMan wrote:Horizon Part 1 is now streaming.

Doesn't hit streaming until September 26 here.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2024, 9:39 pm

Rusty wrote:Yeah made the news. Typical nonsense. Politicians "demanding" apologies , and even a radio station or two saying they've banned their music from being played ever again - which is a bunch of shit because if they ever did play their music, it was only ever that 1 song, because that's the only song the general radio listener has ever fucking heard of theirs.

All just tossers blowing hot air so they get mentioned.

My radio stations never played any Tenacious D that I ever remember, not even back during the heyday of "Tribute" aka "Greatest Song in the World".

Though it was a pretty shitty move by KG to blindside Jack like that on stage. Thirty years touring together and he just drops that on 'em? DAMN!

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Horizon Part 1 is now streaming.

Doesn't hit streaming until September 26 here.

You're not missing out.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/17/2024, 9:33 am

Tom Hardy’s Sci-Fi Comic Book Series ‘Arcbound’ To Be Released By Dark Horse Comics, Launch Date Revealed; Team Aiming To Build Arcbound Universe
Random Thoughts - Page 14 Arcbou10
EXCLUSIVE: Sin City, Hellboy and Umbrella Academy publisher Dark Horse Comics has come aboard to release Tom Hardy‘s debut comic book series, Arcbound.

Hardy teamed up with comic book vets Scott Snyder, known for the Batman and Justice League comics, Frank Tieri, and Ryan Smallman on the project, which is due to launch in shops November 13 of this year.

The official logline for the Arcbound Studios series reads: “In a future where Earth has become a barren wasteland, Zynitec harnesses the unmatched energy of Kronium to assert its dominion across the stars. When Kai, a rising star Mediator in Zynitec’s army, gets an unexplained message from a mysterious entity, everything he thinks he believes is thrown into question, leaving him to explore what it truly means to be human in a world where the boundaries of technology and identity blur.”

Venom and The Dark Knight Rises star Hardy is aboard as a “creative collaborator”. Snyder and Tieri are writers with illustrations by Smallman and colors by Frank William.

Arcbound Studios CEO Nick Rose explained that the team want to grow an Arcbound universe, which could also comprise films and other media: “I’m beyond excited to build not just this book, but an entire universe alongside some of the greatest storytellers from across mediums. Working with such a talented and diverse team allows us to create a rich, immersive world that transcends traditional storytelling. We’re crafting something truly special, with the thrilling potential to leap off the pages and come to life in film and other media. I can’t wait for fans to experience this epic journey.”

Tom Hardy commented: “I’ve always been drawn to the creative process in all aspects of storytelling–one of the biggest reasons I love comics is that the canvas is limitless, a vast expanse to explore the human condition, character depth, and boundless realms, all only limited by our collective imagination. It’s an honor to work alongside such legends as Scott, Frank, and Ryan in helping to bring the Arcbound universe to life.”

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2024, 3:41 pm

The long week of celebrity deaths continues....Bob Newhart dead at 94.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/18/2024, 8:08 pm

RIP Bob Newhart, man.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2024, 8:14 pm

I was just having a nice smoke on my back porch when suddenly six C-17's flying low and in formation heading West appeared directly overhead my treeline shattering my peaceful silence. The last time I saw this happen was 9/11. But I'm sure it's nothing.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/18/2024, 8:35 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I was just having a nice smoke on my back porch when suddenly six C-17's flying low and in formation heading West appeared directly overhead my treeline shattering my peaceful silence. The last time I saw this happen was 9/11. But I'm sure it's nothing.

Random Thoughts - Page 14 Giphy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/19/2024, 11:21 pm

So, we witnessed the biggest tech outage in history today. CrowdStrike, Texas based cyber security company, fucked up big time apparently that crippled point of sale systems, hospitals, and grounded flights by restarting Windows computers on a loop. They figured out the problem but I believe they're saying it may require a manual reboot of devices too. I bet companies are regretting all the tech layoffs right about now.

This is all it takes. 1 day is all Skynet needs.....should that day come. pale
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2024, 10:29 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:So, we witnessed the biggest tech outage in history today. CrowdStrike, Texas based cyber security company, fucked up big time apparently that crippled point of sale systems, hospitals, and grounded flights by restarting Windows computers on a loop. They figured out the problem but I believe they're saying it may require a manual reboot of devices too. I bet companies are regretting all the tech layoffs right about now.

This is all it takes. 1 day is all Skynet needs.....should that day come. pale

This was a massive fuck up of epic proportions that crippled systems that so many relied on for travel, health and safety among countless others. The consequences of this are going to be felt for a long time.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/20/2024, 6:16 pm

WyldeMan wrote:This was a massive fuck up of epic proportions that crippled systems that so many relied on for travel, health and safety among countless others. The consequences of this are going to be felt for a long time.

Amazon's AWS also uses their services and since a lot of companies use AWS, it explains why the impact was that big. We are being part of history right now. What a crazy week!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2024, 6:47 pm

Holy shit, Twisters is a real monster at the box office. Its three day domestic opening weekend is making a solid run at $80 million. I was expecting good numbers but I was not expecting this.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/20/2024, 9:32 pm

That is unexpected numbers. Is it Glen? It had to be the ladies running to the theaters to watch him. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/20/2024, 10:56 pm

Cool Cool Cool

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2024, 4:20 pm

Well now, the election is going to look very different come November. 

It is no longer a battle between two senile old white guys. Huh, this could be interesting.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2024, 4:28 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:That is unexpected numbers. Is it Glen? It had to be the ladies running to the theaters to watch him. lol

While I would agree that Glenn is certainly building quite the fan base after Maverick and Anyone But You, this weekend marks the one year anniversary of Barbenheimer when the box office absolutely exploded last year. 

It would seem that this weekend is becoming a Tentpole slot for movies that studios really believe in and they get mass marketing campaigns behind them. Not to mention the original film still has quite a big fan base and it's constantly on streaming and it seems to be trending every time that it is.

Natural disaster movies also always tend to draw big audiences from the Heartland where they live with these nightmares.

There were multiple factors in the massive success of Twisters opening weekend but right now Glenn's career is on a major upswing and he probably just got a dump truck worth of scripts dropped in his driveway after this.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/21/2024, 5:15 pm

Rusty wrote:
Cool  Cool  Cool

That's hilarious!

WyldeMan wrote:Well now, the election is going to look very different come November. 

It is no longer a battle between two senile old white guys. Huh, this could be interesting.

Not the news I expected on a Sunday. He made the right choice.

WyldeMan wrote:While I would agree that Glenn is certainly building quite the fan base after Maverick and Anyone But You, this weekend marks the one year anniversary of Barbenheimer when the box office absolutely exploded last year. 

It would seem that this weekend is becoming a Tentpole slot for movies that studios really believe in and they get mass marketing campaigns behind them. Not to mention the original film still has quite a big fan base and it's constantly on streaming and it seems to be trending every time that it is.

Natural disaster movies also always tend to draw big audiences from the Heartland where they live with these nightmares.

There were multiple factors in the massive success of Twisters opening weekend but right now Glenn's career is on a major upswing and he probably just got a dump truck worth of scripts dropped in his driveway after this.

I did watch Anyone But You, nothing original about the movie but Glenn and Sydney had good chemistry. Also, Sydney is just   Random Thoughts - Page 14 1f60d
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2024, 5:46 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I did watch Anyone But You, nothing original about the movie but Glenn and Sydney had good chemistry. Also, Sydney is just   Random Thoughts - Page 14 1f60d

Sydney doesn't have the stereotypical movie star look but she's got that really hot neighbor next door vibe about her. And that body is fire.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/22/2024, 7:35 am

Twisters official 3 day opening weekend is $81.2 million. For the past month, tracking indicated it was headed for a $50 million opening.

It opened just $1.1 million short of tying Oppenheimer's opening on the exact same weekend last year.

Crazy...

In other news; Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes hits Hulu on August 2nd. Cool

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/22/2024, 12:02 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Twisters official 3 day opening weekend is $81.2 million. For the past month, tracking indicated it was headed for a $50 million opening.

It opened just $1.1 million short of tying Oppenheimer's opening on the exact same weekend last year.

Crazy...

Damn! Those are great numbers, I'm sure they're shocked themselves.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/23/2024, 3:38 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Twisters official 3 day opening weekend is $81.2 million. For the past month, tracking indicated it was headed for a $50 million opening.

Crazy...

Damn! Those are great numbers, I'm sure they're shocked themselves.

Deadpool and Wolverine's tracking right now has it anywhere from $160 million to $200 million for the opening THREE DAYS.

The budget for the movie was $200 million and they spent another $100 on marketing. World Wide projected opening weekend is just shy of $400 million.

Now just go ahead and let those numbers sink in for a bit.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/23/2024, 9:50 pm

I'm not surprised honestly. Origins angered a lot of fans so people have been waiting for this team up again for years.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next