BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 13 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/19/2024, 7:59 pm

Come on Justin! How are you married to Jessica Biel and doing stupid shit like this?

WyldeMan wrote:I say neigh to the work of BoJennifer HorseGarner! Not a fan!

You sir, get a dislike for that comment. Now sit in the corner and think about what you just said!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2024, 12:58 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Come on Justin! How are you married to Jessica Biel and doing stupid shit like this?

WyldeMan wrote:I say neigh to the work of BoJennifer HorseGarner! Not a fan!

You sir, get a dislike for that comment. Now sit in the corner and think about what you just said!

I haven't seen Biel in anything in so long, I miss that peach. Timberlake will always be a Disney kid, so he'll still be doin dumb shit for several more decades.

As for my BoJennifer comment sir I stand by it...just as she stands by her trough for food and water.

In other news that matters, Donald Sutherland has died at 88 years old following a long undisclosed illness. Damn, there goes one of the all-time greatest creeps.

Dune Part II
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (Hulu/Disney+)
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
Sausage Fest: Foodtopia (Prime)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/20/2024, 4:59 pm

I know man! I was sad to hear about Donald Sutherland this morning. RIP
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/20/2024, 6:57 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

I haven't seen Biel in anything in so long, I miss that peach. Timberlake will always be a Disney kid, so he'll still be doin dumb shit for several more decades.

Timberlake's always been a dick. His attention craving is off the charts.

Last thing I saw Biel in was the first season of Sinner with Bill Pullman.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2024, 8:24 pm

Rusty wrote:Timberlake's always been a dick. His attention craving is off the charts.

Last thing I saw Biel in was the first season of Sinner with Bill Pullman.

I enjoyed some of his acting work and his rap sessions with Fallon but overall he doesn't seem like he's grown up much from back in his 'Cry Me a River' days. 

At least his Disney kid buddy Gosling didn't turn out to be a dick too.

I never saw Sinner. Apparently the last time I saw Biel in anything was 2016's A Kind of Murder and she hasn't made a single movie since 2017. Just some tv shows here and there. Guess she leaves all the attention seeking to her husband. She was something special back in the day though....

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/21/2024, 8:39 am

Did you guys know that Jonathan Tucker came to a neighbor family's rescue two weeks ago when a mentally disturbed man came into their unlocked Los Angeles home in the middle of the afternoon? I hadn't heard anything or read anything but the Youtube algorithm thought that I might be interested in seeing a news story about an unnamed actor saving a woman and her three kids and I just figured it was a nobody 'actor' and that's why I didn't hear about it. I was quite surprised when Jonathan Tucker's face came running past the door cam. I'm also kind of surprised that this wasn't a bigger story, it wasn't even covered on any of the movie news sites that I visit. He's not enough of a name to cover the story? Well thank you YT Algorithm. Cool

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/21/2024, 7:17 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Did you guys know that Jonathan Tucker came to a neighbor family's rescue two weeks ago when a mentally disturbed man came into their unlocked Los Angeles home in the middle of the afternoon? I hadn't heard anything or read anything but the Youtube algorithm thought that I might be interested in seeing a news story about an unnamed actor saving a woman and her three kids and I just figured it was a nobody 'actor' and that's why I didn't hear about it. I was quite surprised when Jonathan Tucker's face came running past the door cam. I'm also kind of surprised that this wasn't a bigger story, it wasn't even covered on any of the movie news sites that I visit. He's not enough of a name to cover the story? Well thank you YT Algorithm. Cool

Black perpetrators don't fit the mainstream algorithm.

Always liked Tucker. Good to know he's a legit good dude.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/22/2024, 1:01 pm

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Did you guys know that Jonathan Tucker came to a neighbor family's rescue two weeks ago when a mentally disturbed man came into their unlocked Los Angeles home in the middle of the afternoon? I hadn't heard anything or read anything but the Youtube algorithm thought that I might be interested in seeing a news story about an unnamed actor saving a woman and her three kids and I just figured it was a nobody 'actor' and that's why I didn't hear about it. I was quite surprised when Jonathan Tucker's face came running past the door cam. I'm also kind of surprised that this wasn't a bigger story, it wasn't even covered on any of the movie news sites that I visit. He's not enough of a name to cover the story? Well thank you YT Algorithm. Cool

Black perpetrators don't fit the mainstream algorithm.

That's because according to YT the only perps are Karens. Everything else is just profiling.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/24/2024, 8:57 am

Tamayo Perry Dies In Shark Attack: ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ Actor Was 49
Random Thoughts - Page 13 Tamayo10
Pirates of the Caribbean actor Tamayo Perry has died after a shark attack while surfing in Hawaii. He was 49.

Perry, who was also a lifeguard and professional surfer, was attacked on Sunday afternoon, Honolulu’s emergency services confirmed in a press conference.

Paramedics on Malaekahana Beach, Oahu, pronounced him dead after he had been taken to shore by jet ski. He had suffered “more than one possible bites,” according to officials.

The actor was known for playing a buccaneer in 2011’s Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, the fourth film in Disney’s Johnny Depp action franchise. The feature also starred Penelope Cruz, Geoffrey Rush and Ian McShane.

He also had roles in Lost, Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Crush, mainly as a surfer, and performed stunts in several others. His last role was in 2015 short The Bridge, according to IMDb.

Better known locally as a surfer, Perry had begun working as a lifeguard at the Ocean Safety department in July 2016.

“Tamayo Perry was a lifeguard loved by all,” said Acting Honolulu Ocean Safety Chief Kurt Lager. “He is well known on the North Shore, a professional surfer known around the world. Tamayo’s personality was infectious and as much as people loved him, he loved everyone else more. Our condolences go out to Tamayo’s family and the whole lifeguard ohana.”

Mayor Rick Blangiardi added that Perry’s death was a “tragic loss” and called him “a legendary waterman and highly respected. He grew up right over here, and [was] just a great member of our ocean safety team.”

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/24/2024, 8:58 am

He died from "multiple" shark bites.......dude. Shocked

But really, when you spend your entire life pushin in the water where man just does not belong, eventually nature is gonna push back. 

But still, that's just an awful way to go.

Um....RIP?? Though that sounds a little too on the nose now....

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/25/2024, 10:48 am

Damn! Always lock the front door, especially if you have a family.

WyldeMan wrote:He died from "multiple" shark bites.......dude. Shocked

But really, when you spend your entire life pushin in the water where man just does not belong, eventually nature is gonna push back. 

But still, that's just an awful way to go.

Um....RIP?? Though that sounds a little too on the nose now....

That is an absolutely brutal and painful way to go. I've had nightmares about this. RIP
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/25/2024, 4:14 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:That is an absolutely brutal and painful way to go. I've had nightmares about this. RIP

I've spent entirely too many consecutive years watching Shark Week to ever step foot in the fucking ocean.

And Jeremy Wade's River Monsters made sure all rivers make me nervous too, though that's never stopped me from fishing or standing in a river. I just wouldn't do it in any other state where the feesh and wildlife are unknown to me.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/27/2024, 2:28 pm

Paramount Erases Archives of MTV Website, Wipes Music, Culture History After 30 Plus Years
Random Thoughts - Page 13 Mtv-vm10
MTV.com is gone. Kaput. Wiped off the face of the Earth.

Parent company Paramount, formerly Viacom, has tossed twenty plus years of news archives. All that’s left is a placeholder site for reality shows. The M in MTV – music — is gone, and so is all the reporting and all the journalism performed by music and political writers ever written. It’s as if MTV never existed. (It’s the same for VH1.com, all gone.)

There’s no precedent for this, and no valid reason. Just cheapness and stupidity.

This follows the shut down of MTV News on the channel last year. MTV is now just a graveyard for reality show crap. All of its substance has been desiccated over time.

MTV News became a force in music, entertainment, and politics in the early 90s. As the channel’s popularity soared, the News division — including the faces of Kurt Loder, Alison Stewart, Serena Altschul, Sway, and John Norris — became incredibly important especially to political campaigns. Now all those interviews — hundreds of thousands of hours with rock stars and what we now call influencers of generations — have been replaced by a link to “Help! I’m in a Secret Relationship.”

Writer Kathy Iandoli posted: “MTV.com deleting all of our articles and replacing them with schedules for TV shows that can also no longer be streamed on their site is proof that no one has any idea of what the hell they are doing right now.”

She’s not alone. There is fury among MTV.com writers past and present who now see their histories erased, along with all the music and political reporting.

Patrick Hosken posted: “So, http://mtvnews.com no longer exists. Eight years of my life are gone without a trace. All because it didn’t fit some executives’ bottom lines. Infuriating is too small a word”

Michell Clark wrote: “I don’t even have the words. I was just a freelancer but I put so much blood, sweat, and tears into telling stories that I cared about, the right way, on that platform. What a gut punch.”

The end of the MTV.com archives is not unprecedented. When the former New York Observer was bought by Jared Kushner years ago, hundreds of articles disappeared.

As Paramount destroyed the library of articles, some writers managed to save a few for the WaybackMachine.com, which was just profiled for trying to hold onto evaporating information on the internet. But mostly the articles about pop culture will vanish now.

Paramount owner Shari Redstone has allowed something to happen here much worse than any of her recent fears about selling the company.

The greed of the company is obvious, as well as its lack of respect for journalism. But this is also a wake up call for anyone though the internet was forever. Not having print copies of a writer’s work is a big mistake. A big lesson is learned here

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/30/2024, 12:30 pm

Costner's Horizon Part 1 is looking like it will be another Waterworld in terms of being a HUGE financial failure. Opening weekend is looking at $11 million on a budget of well over $100 million.

I'd be surprised if they bother releasing Part 2 in August now. Costner leveraged his entire career and all of his personal and professional relationships to finance these first two chapters while still collecting finances for Parts 3 & 4 and this is as big of a failure as I feared it would be.

Westerns DO NOT make money, regardless of how timeless or incredible the film turns out to actually be, rule of thumb says that quality movies do not make money. But I really wanted to be wrong about Horizon....

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/30/2024, 7:36 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Costner's Horizon Part 1 is looking like it will be another Waterworld in terms of being a HUGE financial failure. Opening weekend is looking at $11 million on a budget of well over $100 million.

I'd be surprised if they bother releasing Part 2 in August now. Costner leveraged his entire career and all of his personal and professional relationships to finance these first two chapters while still collecting finances for Parts 3 & 4 and this is as big of a failure as I feared it would be.

Westerns DO NOT make money, regardless of how timeless or incredible the film turns out to actually be, rule of thumb says that quality movies do not make money. But I really wanted to be wrong about Horizon....

3 hours for part 1 of a 4 part "epic" is a fucking huge ask for an audience. I'm also guessing that being part 1, most of it's spent introducing characters and tip-toeing around a plot that will barely get started before the film ends. That shit can work in a TV series, but audiences won't put up with it, unless they know the whole thing is finished and each part will get released in four consecutive weeks - and even then that's a massive ask.

And you're right, Westerns just don't make money. I can't recall who it was, but I remember a director commenting that foreign investors, who make up a large part of film finances (pre-selling distribution rights, etc) - will not put money into Westerns. At all. They refuse them outright, regardless of the details. And I'm pretty sure that was 10-15 years ago.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/30/2024, 10:50 pm

Rusty wrote:3 hours for part 1 of a 4 part "epic" is a fucking huge ask for an audience. I'm also guessing that being part 1, most of it's spent introducing characters and tip-toeing around a plot that will barely get started before the film ends. That shit can work in a TV series, but audiences won't put up with it, unless they know the whole thing is finished and each part will get released in four consecutive weeks - and even then that's a massive ask.

And you're right, Westerns just don't make money. I can't recall who it was, but I remember a director commenting that foreign investors, who make up a large part of film finances (pre-selling distribution rights, etc) - will not put money into Westerns. At all. They refuse them outright, regardless of the details. And I'm pretty sure that was 10-15 years ago.

And now that only parts 1 & 2 were completed before the box office failure, it's certain the story will never be completed and the last two chapters will never get made. So you go in knowing that we're only getting HALF the story and you've still got to invest 5 or six hours without any hopes of resolution.

Oddly enough, I'd been reading for the last year that there has been a big mystery around just how exactly Costner secured the rest of the financing after putting up $50 million of his own cash and the rumors kept pointing to Saudi Arabia. I was reminded of it while reading your comment about foreign investors. I think Costner got some of that Saudi Prince money that usually goes to the WWE. Either way, they won't be investing again in any westerns going forward.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/1/2024, 12:36 am

WyldeMan wrote:

And now that only parts 1 & 2 were completed before the box office failure, it's certain the story will never be completed and the last two chapters will never get made. So you go in knowing that we're only getting HALF the story and you've still got to invest 5 or six hours without any hopes of resolution.

Oddly enough, I'd been reading for the last year that there has been a big mystery around just how exactly Costner secured the rest of the financing after putting up $50 million of his own cash and the rumors kept pointing to Saudi Arabia. I was reminded of it while reading your comment about foreign investors. I think Costner got some of that Saudi Prince money that usually goes to the WWE. Either way, they won't be investing again in any westerns going forward.

He already has financing secured for Part 3 and is already filming, but I'd guess most of what is shot is stuff that was filmed along with Part's 1 and 2, and it's mostly aerial and location shots and a bunch of b-roll - and depending on how the story is laid out, some flashback/time jump footage. With Costner out and about doing the press tour, I'd imagine actually work with actors in front of a camera won't begin until he returns.

Getting Part 4 done might be the tricky part.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/1/2024, 12:48 am

... and I just read that the $100 million budget was for Parts 1 & 2 combined. That's not as bad a hit.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/1/2024, 12:43 pm

Rusty wrote:... and I just read that the $100 million budget was for Parts 1 & 2 combined. That's not as bad a hit.

Possibly not but it's still a shitload of money to spend on a western in 2024...

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/1/2024, 12:45 pm

I can't go a single day without the "Hawk Tuah" girl Hailey Welch popping up somewhere else, this girl sure is cashing in on her 15 minutes of great BJ tip related fame. She's been memed everywhere and now they're making catchy songs too. Ladies, don't just sing along take the advice to heart. Hailey Welch, single-handedly improving BJ's everywhere. Razz

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/1/2024, 6:59 pm

I kept hearing about "Hawk Tuah" for a week not knowing what it meant. Then I saw this video and it made sense. It's pretty funny but also I feel bad for the girl because I think she got fired from her job and she didn't want her name leaked. Has anybody heard from her yet?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/1/2024, 7:07 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I kept hearing about "Hawk Tuah" for a week not knowing what it meant. Then I saw this video and it made sense. It's pretty funny but also I feel bad for the girl because I think she got fired from her job and she didn't want her name leaked. Has anybody heard from her yet?

She just did a pod on Barstool. And has a guy that is doing merch for her Very Happy

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/1/2024, 8:46 pm

Rusty wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I kept hearing about "Hawk Tuah" for a week not knowing what it meant. Then I saw this video and it made sense. It's pretty funny but also I feel bad for the girl because I think she got fired from her job and she didn't want her name leaked. Has anybody heard from her yet?

She just did a pod on Barstool. And has a guy that is doing merch for her Very Happy

Yup, she's already merched up and she can always start an OnlyFans like every girl who gets fired for expressing their sexuality and then makes bank for it.

EDIT: Just found this brand new interview with her.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/2/2024, 5:48 pm

So, you're just going to post the video right after Russ had already posted it? Suspect

She says that she worked in a spring factory and didn't get fired from her job. They were saying she was a school teacher and she's never been a teacher, and she's only 21 too. Can't believe people made all those lies about her. lol She seems like she's handling the attention ok.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/2/2024, 5:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:So, you're just going to post the video right after Russ had already posted it? Suspect

She says that she worked in a spring factory and didn't get fired from her job. They were saying she was a school teacher and she's never been a teacher, and she's only 21 too. Can't believe people made all those lies about her. lol She seems like she's handling the attention ok.

Well shit, apparently I am!!!!  Crying or Very sad

Before the truth came out about her job, the rumors said that she was fired from her job as a preschool teacher because all the little kids were running around spitting on each other because they idolized their teacher so much.

Truthfully though, this chick just got famous for drunkenly talking about giving sloppy blowjobs on camera and that triggered every low rent perverts around this country just had to have their Pro-Dick Spittin shirts so badly that she made over $65k on shirts and hats in about a week! I can't imagine seeing some middle aged fat guy wearing one of those shirts in public....cause you know it ain't gonna be any hot chicks unless they're complete white trash. Oh wait, this will go over huge with the Trump crowd!

Only in America!!!!

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/3/2024, 7:36 pm

It blows my mind too, our direction as a society is not looking good.

At 12:21 she said she wouldn't "Hawk Tuah" on Trump, that's going to piss them off for sure.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/3/2024, 9:38 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:It blows my mind too, our direction as a society is not looking good.

At 12:21 she said she wouldn't "Hawk Tuah" on Trump, that's going to piss them off for sure.

On WWE Monday Night Raw, there was a fan sitting ringside with a big #Hawktuah sign that he kept holding up during the women's matches.... Razz

Then their little blonde vixen of a WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPION Liv Morgan, dropped this backstage before her match.  Twisted Evil

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/4/2024, 7:47 am

Liv Morgan is so nice. God damn.

Happy Fourth of July and shit, homies.

Today, I will be eating ribs and reflecting on the sacrifices our Founding Fathers endured to ratify the Declaration of Independence for our freedom and country from the tyranny of England.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/4/2024, 10:13 am

joey con carne wrote:Liv Morgan is so nice. God damn.

No doubt, that big smile and her giggle gets me every time. I love this new Voyeuristic Homewrecker character she's playing. She's tried her hand at lots of gimmicks over the years but this is the best iteration of Liv Morgan thus far.

You can tell WWE is enjoying the more lax environment they're showing these days as they finally move away from the PG era after twenty years as they get ready to transition RAW to Netflix and hopefully bring a return to the glory days when wrasslin was a lot more fun to watch.

I wish she'd do more tv and movie work though because besides her one-off appearance on Chucky fulfilling a lifelong dream to get killed by him, I've never seen her outside of the WWE but she's definitely got a great look. 

It's probably only a matter of time though before a lot of the talent including Liv start getting bigger roles outside of wrestling given that Nick Khan and Ari Emanual, two HEAVY hitters in Hollywood are on the WWE board now.

joey con carne wrote:Happy Fourth of July and shit, homies.

Today, I will be eating ribs and reflecting on the sacrifices our Founding Fathers endured to ratify the Declaration of Independence for our freedom and country from the tyranny of England.

Happy Fourth Broseph. Cool

BTDub, your reflection on what the Fourth is immediately reminded me of this little gem from one of my all-time favorites: 

"Okay guys, one more thing, this summer when you're being inundated with all this American bicentennial Fourth Of July brouhaha, don't forget what you're celebrating, and that's the fact that a bunch of slave-owning, aristocratic, white males didn't want to pay their taxes."

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/4/2024, 4:21 pm

WyldeMan wrote:On WWE Monday Night Raw, there was a fan sitting ringside with a big #Hawktuah sign that he kept holding up during the women's matches.... Razz

Then their little blonde vixen of a WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPION Liv Morgan, dropped this backstage before her match.  Twisted Evil  

Guess we'll be seeing it everywhere in entertainment now. Laughing
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/4/2024, 4:24 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:On WWE Monday Night Raw, there was a fan sitting ringside with a big #Hawktuah sign that he kept holding up during the women's matches.... Razz

Guess we'll be seeing it everywhere in entertainment now. Laughing

Only from girls like Liv Morgan who come from the classy cities like Jersey or the Bronx.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

UltimateMarvel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/4/2024, 6:02 pm

Happy 4th by the way! I was going to fire up the grill but it's been pouring hard all day today.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/4/2024, 9:28 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Happy 4th by the way! I was going to fire up the grill but it's been pouring hard all day today.

Happy 4th to you to. 

85 and sunny all day here.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/4/2024, 11:17 pm

Enjoy your Fourth gents. Be nice to the Brits!

Picked myself up a replacement wood stove/oven for down the river. The old one had rusted through in so many spots that it produced more smoke than heat for the first hour. That shit was dangerous.

Random Thoughts - Page 13 WVt6w7z

It's cold and raining here right now so tonight it'll get it's first workout.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/5/2024, 7:59 pm

I've been doing a lot of shopping at Sam's Club lately and I just figured out that you can order on the app and have them get everything ready for you. You go to the curb and they even load for you for free without setting foot inside the store. This is the future! Cool

WyldeMan wrote:Happy 4th to you to. 

85 and sunny all day here.

Aren't you the lucky one. Mad It's been very dry here that the grass is turning brown, so we needed it.

Rusty wrote:Enjoy your Fourth gents. Be nice to the Brits!

Picked myself up a replacement wood stove/oven for down the river. The old one had rusted through in so many spots that it produced more smoke than heat for the first hour. That shit was dangerous.

It's cold and raining here right now so tonight it'll get it's first workout.

That looks huge! Was it heavy to move around?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/6/2024, 3:37 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I've been doing a lot of shopping at Sam's Club lately and I just figured out that you can order on the app and have them get everything ready for you. You go to the curb and they even load for you for free without setting foot inside the store. This is the future!  Cool

I love Click & Collect for my grocery shopping. The only time I ever want to step foot in a supermarket again is in random one off occasions.

It's funny how different people are. I'm on a community Facebook group for my area, and the amount of people that complain about automatic checkouts at the local supermarket and doing it yourself, and not having enough manual checkout isles open is fucking mind-boggling. Why the fuck would anyone want to stand in line behind 4 other people waiting for someone else to scan your items, when you can just run up, do it yourself, and be done in half the time.

People are fucked.

UltimateMarvel wrote:That looks huge! Was it heavy to move around?

It's about 70kg (150-ish pounds). Easy enough to move around by myself, but getting it off the back of the pickup was fun Very Happy

Right now it's 8:30pm, 7°C (approx 45°F), and I'm chilling in shorts and a tank top watching Magnum PI (original) on Blu-Ray. Perfect!
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/6/2024, 1:29 pm

Rusty wrote:I love Click & Collect for my grocery shopping. The only time I ever want to step foot in a supermarket again is in random one off occasions.

It's funny how different people are. I'm on a community Facebook group for my area, and the amount of people that complain about automatic checkouts at the local supermarket and doing it yourself, and not having enough manual checkout isles open is fucking mind-boggling. Why the fuck would anyone want to stand in line behind 4 other people waiting for someone else to scan your items, when you can just run up, do it yourself, and be done in half the time.

People are fucked.

The cashier is literally a middle man who doesn't care if the products you carefully selected get destroyed due to their negligence. But even still, we have to bag our own groceries after paying them to do nothing but move their hands and I got some of those already, so I only use self-checkout. Though the amount of stores removing them due to theft are  going to ruin it for everybody else.

Rusty wrote:It's about 70kg (150-ish pounds). Easy enough to move around by myself, but getting it off the back of the pickup was fun Very Happy

Right now it's 8:30pm, 7°C (approx 45°F), and I'm chilling in shorts and a tank top watching Magnum PI (original) on Blu-Ray. Perfect!

That's a dope stove by the way. Did you have to 2x4 wood sleds and let gravity get it out of the pickup or were you able to winch it up and out?

Shorts and a tank top for the viewing? You need a Hawaiian button down, a Tigers hat, aviators and a mustache too.

But remember Tom Selleck will not approve if your shorts go to your knees, you need those 80s nut huggers that let everything hang out and say hello to the ladies if you're gonna do it proper Magnum style.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/6/2024, 1:32 pm

It's that time again fellas! SHARK WEEK! And would you look at that, John Cena is hosting this year. Peacemaker and King Shark back together again Cool

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/6/2024, 9:43 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

That's a dope stove by the way. Did you have to 2x4 wood sleds and let gravity get it out of the pickup or were you able to winch it up and out?

Shorts and a tank top for the viewing? You need a Hawaiian button down, a Tigers hat, aviators and a mustache too.

But remember Tom Selleck will not approve if your shorts go to your knees, you need those 80s nut huggers that let everything hang out and say hello to the ladies if you're gonna do it proper Magnum style.

Didn't have any timber lengths long enough for a ramp. Had to slide it off the edge and stand it on it's end onto a bench seat, then did the same again to get it on the ground. It was in a box with foam padding inside so it didn't get damaged. Then dragged it along the ground 10ft to the front door. Easy peasy.

Not sure I have the body type for Hawaiian shirts and nut-hugger shorts Cool

Stove works great but haven't cooked in it yet. Will get a dough started today so I can have a pizza tomorrow night.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/6/2024, 9:57 pm

Rusty wrote:Not sure I have the body type for Hawaiian shirts and nut-hugger shorts Cool

Stove works great but haven't cooked in it yet. Will get a dough started today so I can have a pizza tomorrow night.

That didn't stop Selleck with those pasty chicken legs. Razz

How much of an upgrade is the new stove over your previous set up?

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/6/2024, 11:31 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

That didn't stop Selleck with those pasty chicken legs. Razz

How much of an upgrade is the new stove over your previous set up?

Same basic setup actually. Similar dimensions, and even the Flue was in the same spot. It's just new. The old one was at least 15 years old and so rusted and corroded, the internal oven walls were gone which rendered that useless, and the brick stone round the firebox had mostly broken off. I had to patch it with sheet-metal to cover some holes.

Speaking of Magnum, one thing I miss about these shows is the women. There's no fake tits, no Botox and lip filler. No tattoos. They're all just naturally attractive, basic make-up, and a distinct lack of bras. Fucking hot.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/7/2024, 3:18 pm

Rusty wrote:Same basic setup actually. Similar dimensions, and even the Flue was in the same spot. It's just new. The old one was at least 15 years old and so rusted and corroded, the internal oven walls were gone which rendered that useless, and the brick stone round the firebox had mostly broken off. I had to patch it with sheet-metal to cover some holes.

Speaking of Magnum, one thing I miss about these shows is the women. There's no fake tits, no Botox and lip filler. No tattoos. They're all just naturally attractive, basic make-up, and a distinct lack of bras. Fucking hot.

Yeah you never want to fuck around with those stoves. My buddies cabin burned down because the stove pipe wasn't maintained so when it sparked the whole cabin burned to the ground while he was in his boat fishing for dinner. He saw the smoke and within the couple of minutes it took him to get back it was an inferno.

I'm right there with you on the 80s women. It was all bikinis, good sex vibes and no inhibitions. Movies today are such nihilistic bullshit where the world is always ending and every woman is in a pants suit or as full body armored chastity belt.

In fact that's why I've been watching almost nothing but 80s movies lately. Amazon Prime has an amazing library of classic movies that I hadn't seen since childhood when I'd rent them on VHS, or maybe catch em late night on cable but over all, if you're into cult classics or 80s babes, Prime is the absolute go to here in America. 

Tonight, I'm watching 80s classic "Hot Dog...The Movie" featuring Shannon Tweed in her all her original glory and you know a bunch of classic 80s Skiiers who were some real hot dogs. Also on deck Summer School with Mark Harmon and Courtney Thorne-Smith. Cool

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/7/2024, 10:46 pm

I’d prefer to support cashier jobs, but I use self checkout because nobody knows how to fucking bag. When I was a cashier, I bagged everything correctly no matter what order they gave it to me. I’ve tried setting people up for success and they still fuck up so I do it myself.

That being said, the Target I go to has seemingly permanently closed the self checkout on one side of the store already and I want to say I’ve seen some other stores do that too. Just making things worse all the way around,
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/8/2024, 4:40 pm

Tyger wrote:I’d prefer to support cashier jobs, but I use self checkout because nobody knows how to fucking bag. When I was a cashier, I bagged everything correctly no matter what order they gave it to me. I’ve tried setting people up for success and they still fuck up so I do it myself.

That being said, the Target I go to has seemingly permanently closed the self checkout on one side of the store already and I want to say I’ve seen some other stores do that too. Just making things worse all the way around,

It's been over a decade since I've seen a cashier bag anything where I live. They just scan the items and then sit them on the counter for you to then bag yourself. Which is why I prefer a machine to some bitchy millennial who can't even put their phone down long enough to greet me before telling me how much money I now owe them for doing nothing.

In a followup to my earlier post about John Cena hosting Shark Week, he also announced his retirement from WWE in ring action on Saturday. He will return to the ring for nearly the entirely of 2025 for one final tour from January through December making around 40 appearances. So he's going to be putting a lot of his movie work on hold and do a final year in the company that made him and help make some young stars on his way out. Thankfully he's shooting Peacemaker season 2 now, so that won't be interrupted. He's a real good dude...that I hated for a very long time LOL.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/9/2024, 10:51 am

Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi Bring Time Bandits to Apple TV+
Forty-three years after the feature film of the same name, the Time Bandits are back, with Apple TV+ releasing the first trailer for its updated take on the concept introduced in Terry Gilliam’s 1981 comedic fantasy.

The 10-episode series, premiering Wednesday, July 24, comes from longtime collaborators Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi (What We Do in the Shadows), both of whom have on-camera roles and who serve as creators alongside fellow Flight of the Conchords alum Iain Morris.

As in the original, the story centers on a young British boy named Kevin (played here by Kal-El Tuck) who finds himself accompanying a group of time-traveling thieves on their fantastic adventures, with Lisa Kudrow’s Penelope serving as their leader. Notably, unlike in the movie, the Time Bandits themselves are not portrayed by little people, though Waititi’s character, the Supreme Being, does appear to have a group of advisors that serve as a callback to that aspect of the film.

Clement meanwhile plays the aptly named villain, Evil, whose outfit is clearly closely modeled after what David Warner wore in the movie as the same character, complete with red robes, plated chest armor, and ornate shoulder armor. The visual style of the time map the characters are using also strongly stylistically resembles the one from the movie.

The original Time Bandits was the first success for acclaimed director Gilliam (12 Monkeys, The Fisher King) outside of his work as a member of Monty Python. Python’s Michael Palin co-wrote the film’s screenplay with Glliam and appeared in the picture, as did John Cleese. There were attempts by Gilliam to make a theatrical sequel in the 1990s that never came to fruition, with this new series serving as the first time the title has been used since the movie’s debut.

Apple TV+’s Time Bandits premieres with two episodes on Wednesday, July 24, followed by weekly released of two episodes each.

Dune Part II
The Bikeriders (Peacock)

Fallout (Prime)
The Gentleman (Netflix)
Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down