BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Rusty 7/24/2024, 4:01 am

Twisters doesn't surprise me. It looks fun and Glen Powell is becoming a stud. It's the right time for him to make a pivot though. He's good and has great screen presence. Time to get some legit work with legit filmakers in under his belt.

Think of Brad Pitt. He was just some hunky heart-throb flavour of the month, but then he knocks out Legends of the Fall, Seven, 12 Monkeys, and a few others all within a 4 year period. All of a sudden everyone started to take him serious.

-------

My Prime Day orders are starting to show up. I wasn't going to buy anything, but out of nowhere I ended up finding some deals and decided to treat myself to more than I expected.
- Ronin 4K Blu. Fucking love this movie, but we never got a 4K release, and it was on sale.

- 2 pairs of shoes - Salomon hiking shoes for work, and some New Balance runners. Both half price. Yes. I bought New Balance, and I don't run. Middle age has well and truly set in, and they are fucking comfy.

- An overdue re-stock of first aid supplies. About $400 worth.

- A new watch. Seiko 5 Automatic with Arabic numeral dial. Fucking looks great. Bracelet sucks though so I have some leather and nylon straps incoming.

Also incoming is Longmire complete Blu-ray set for 40% off.

- A Wrangler button-up shirt. I want more, but I got one first just to check their sizing. I usually wear Dickies work shirts, but I can't get Tall sizes locally, and I can't order directly from Dickies US. I have to use Amazon or eBay and the availability is all over the place.

- A Dubinik flannel plaid long sleeve shirt.

- and Jack Carr's latest hardcover from the James Reece/Terminal List series, Red Sky Mourning.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2024, 11:11 am

Today is the first day I've been able to move without agonizing pain since Tuesday. 

I've been sicker than I have in decades and until today, I'd been unable to stand.

I've never felt anything like this...

Dune Part II, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, The Bikeriders

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+), Sausage Fest: Foodtopia (Prime)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2024, 3:38 pm

Rusty wrote:Twisters doesn't surprise me. It looks fun and Glen Powell is becoming a stud. It's the right time for him to make a pivot though. He's good and has great screen presence. Time to get some legit work with legit filmakers in under his belt.

Think of Brad Pitt. He was just some hunky heart-throb flavour of the month, but then he knocks out Legends of the Fall, Seven, 12 Monkeys, and a few others all within a 4 year period. All of a sudden everyone started to take him serious.

Powell has talent but he plays it way too safe for me. He's signing his next two to three years worth of projects right now and its shit like Top Gun 3, a CGI slathered Backdraft Remake and likely another Twisters sequel. He's locking down his next several years with unoriginal and uninspiring basic bitch tent poles. 

In stark contrast to Austin Butler who's very close in age and also has rocket strapped to his back though his career is anything but predictable and he keeps taking big risks with exciting projects. I can't get excited about anything that Powell has coming out while every Butler project has got my interest and they all sound fantastic. 

I really miss Prime Pitt, he turned out non-stop unforgettable hits during this period but then nearly everything after Fight Club with the exceptions of Killing Them Softly and Jesse James, has been a giant miss for me. However to add to your 90's Pitt list, absolute must include movies are; A River Runs Through It, Kalifornia and Sleepers. Cool

-------
Rusty wrote:My Prime Day orders are starting to show up. I wasn't going to buy anything, but out of nowhere I ended up finding some deals and decided to treat myself to more than I expected.

- and Jack Carr's latest hardcover from the James Reece/Terminal List series, Red Sky Mourning.

Sounds like some pretty nice deals to be found this time by you.

What's Reece up to this time around?

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+), Sausage Fest: Foodtopia (Prime)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/27/2024, 7:14 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Sounds like some pretty nice deals to be found this time by you.

What's Reece up to this time around?

It was a weird day. I went from not feeling anything on sae, to finding a bunch of stuff I wanted/needed go on sale just as I was looking. It was just good timing.

Not sure what goes on in this book. I've only just started book 4 : The Devil's Hand. I decided to buy the hardcover this time, apposed to the paperbacks I have, as I want the larger print.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/27/2024, 8:58 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Today is the first day I've been able to move without agonizing pain since Tuesday. 

I've been sicker than I have in decades and until today, I'd been unable to stand.

Any idea what happened?
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/27/2024, 9:17 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Today is the first day I've been able to move without agonizing pain since Tuesday. 

Hope you feel better. Is it COVID?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2024, 9:53 pm

Rusty wrote:

Any idea what happened?

Absolutely no idea what I've got but when I woke up Wednesday morning I was unable to stand, drenched in sweat, with a throat so swollen I could barely swallow water. I had fever and chills non-stop. Every step I took made me knees feel like they were getting kicked backwards. It was just crazy head to toe agonizing pain like all of my nerve endings were just firing all at once and non-stop. My head is so plugged that every single time I blow my nose, my ears pop like I'm at a high altitude. I feel like I'm under water. Everything sucks....

UltimateMarvel wrote:

Hope you feel better. Is it COVID?

I fucking hope not but given how this seems pretty new to me, it could be just that.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/30/2024, 11:32 am

WyldeMan wrote:Twisters official 3 day opening weekend is $81.2 million. For the past month, tracking indicated it was headed for a $50 million opening.

It opened just $1.1 million short of tying Oppenheimer's opening on the exact same weekend last year.

Crazy...

In other news; Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes hits Hulu on August 2nd. Cool

I saw an article that said Twisters is tanking and that their budget was $200 million. How the fuck is the budget so high? Looks like another bomb because it's not doing well internationally.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/30/2024, 8:18 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

I saw an article that said Twisters is tanking and that their budget was $200 million. How the fuck is the budget so high? Looks like another bomb because it's not doing well internationally.

Wiki says the budget was $155m and it has already grossed $225. It will slow down now that Wolvey and Deaders has released.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2024, 3:43 pm

Rusty wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:

Wiki says the budget was $155m and it has already grossed $225. It will slow down now that Wolvey and Deaders has released.

$155 million on production and around another $50 million on marketing.

I wouldn't say it's tanking like Horizon but it released with no gap between it and the juggernaut that is DP and Wolvie. I'm sure it'll do well on streaming though.

And studios need to learn that if they want their movies to make money, they've got to stop putting that tiny little charmless man Anthony Ramos in big roles like this. Have you ever seen that guy in an interview? He is always the least interesting person in the room. Glenn and Daisey have wonderful chemistry and make each other laugh constantly, and Ramos is always there just being awkward.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/1/2024, 2:44 pm

Meanwhile....

Another day, another box office record for Marvel Studios/Disney’s Deadpool & Wolverine. On Wednesday, the Shawn Levy-directed movie set the record for an R-rated movie, making $19.3M. That’s miles ahead of the previous champ Joker, which made $9.6M on October 9, 2019.

The domestic total stands at $280.4M. As we told you, Deadpool & Wolverine is bound to pass The Passion of Christ ($370.7M) by EOD Sunday as the highest grossing R-rated movie ever with a running cume of $380M.

The Merc with the Mouth and Wolvie raked in $25.4M at the foreign box office and global of $44.7M Wednesday, taking their international cume to $310.1M and worldwide to $590.5M. That amount of global cash puts Deadpool & Wolverine as the fourth-biggest movie of 2024 after eight days of release, outstripping the likes of DreamWorks Animation/Universal’s Kung Fu Panda 4 ($546M) and Legendary/Warner Bros’ Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire ($568M).

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/1/2024, 8:04 pm

Wow, Bradley's boy sounds just like his dad now...

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/1/2024, 8:13 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Meanwhile....

Another day, another box office record for Marvel Studios/Disney’s Deadpool & Wolverine. On Wednesday, the Shawn Levy-directed movie set the record for an R-rated movie, making $19.3M. That’s miles ahead of the previous champ Joker, which made $9.6M on October 9, 2019.

The domestic total stands at $280.4M. As we told you, Deadpool & Wolverine is bound to pass The Passion of Christ ($370.7M) by EOD Sunday as the highest grossing R-rated movie ever with a running cume of $380M.

The Merc with the Mouth and Wolvie raked in $25.4M at the foreign box office and global of $44.7M Wednesday, taking their international cume to $310.1M and worldwide to $590.5M. That amount of global cash puts Deadpool & Wolverine as the fourth-biggest movie of 2024 after eight days of release, outstripping the likes of DreamWorks Animation/Universal’s Kung Fu Panda 4 ($546M) and Legendary/Warner Bros’ Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire ($568M).

I hope this means more R-rated movies from Disney. cheers
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/1/2024, 8:20 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I hope this means more R-rated movies from Disney. cheers

Between DP & Wolvie and Joker 2, I think we can expect a big push by all the studios when both movies smash records.

But more than anything, I really hope this means King Spawn will finally get the official greenlight.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

UltimateMarvel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/2/2024, 8:31 pm

OH DOPE! MaXXXine is now streaming!

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/3/2024, 5:12 pm

Nice! Movies are coming out so fast nowadays. I can't keep up!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/3/2024, 9:30 pm

Glen Powell heard me complaining about how he only does remakes instead of taking risks so to prove my point he has signed on to Edgar Wright's The Running Man remake with his Anyone But You co-star, Sydney Sweeney. Razz

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/4/2024, 4:50 pm

Damn, the Olympics were crazy this year.

A Turkish marksman clearly revealed himself to be a lethal as fuck assassin and a frenchman lost a gold medal in pole vaulting cause he got caught on his dick as he went over the bar, lol. 

Well if you're going to lose, lose big and become an overnight sensation with the ladies. Razz

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/5/2024, 2:43 pm

It is HOT today!  Random Thoughts - Page 15 1f525 95 degrees with a real feel of 105.

WyldeMan wrote:Glen Powell heard me complaining about how he only does remakes instead of taking risks so to prove my point he has signed on to Edgar Wright's The Running Man remake with his Anyone But You co-star, Sydney Sweeney. Razz

Well, at least they're back together on a movie again.

WyldeMan wrote:Damn, the Olympics were crazy this year.

A Turkish marksman clearly revealed himself to be a lethal as fuck assassin and a frenchman lost a gold medal in pole vaulting cause he got caught on his dick as he went over the bar, lol. 

Well if you're going to lose, lose big and become an overnight sensation with the ladies. Razz

Laughing I wouldn't even be embarrassed about that.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/17/2024, 6:41 pm

It's been two weeks since anybody posted anything random.

I encourage more randomness.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/18/2024, 10:38 am

Can't believe it's been 2 weeks. Fuck! Summer is almost over. Sad
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/18/2024, 1:52 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Can't believe it's been 2 weeks. Fuck! Summer is almost over. Sad

Last night while watching Twisters, mother nature decided to bring the natural ambience in a big way and let loose a massive thunder, lightning, rain and hail storm during the entire movie's run.

We haven't had a storm like that in ten years so the timing was impeccable and deeply amusing to me.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/19/2024, 12:25 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Last night while watching Twisters, mother nature decided to bring the natural ambience in a big way and let loose a massive thunder, lightning, rain and hail storm during the entire movie's run.

We haven't had a storm like that in ten years so the timing was impeccable and deeply amusing to me.

Nice! You got the 4D experience. lol I was going to mention that Twisters was out. Haven't seen it yet though. How'd you like it?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/19/2024, 2:50 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Last night while watching Twisters, mother nature decided to bring the natural ambience in a big way and let loose a massive thunder, lightning, rain and hail storm during the entire movie's run.

Nice! You got the 4D experience. lol I was going to mention that Twisters was out. Haven't seen it yet though. How'd you like it?

It was enjoyable though it was also vastly different from Twister, I felt like the original had a lot more heart and this one had more fun. It's a very typical Glen Powell movie where he plays the charming, Cheshire cat, always smiling and telling jokes, so he's not treading new ground here. I like Glenn but I really need him to start showing a lot more range.

I don't know if it'll stand the test of time but I didn't hate it and it was one of the better movies this year which has mostly been in a massive drought for good content. 

I would say it's worth seeing once but it's nothing must see or something that I'd recommend you pay $20 to rent but if you can catch it on a streaming service in a few months, I'd  give it a spin.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/21/2024, 5:09 pm

I've been around but haven't posted in a bit. Dealing with some health shit - my Dad's for the past month, and now my own over the past week.

As for randomness, my Macbook Pro decided to no longer charge a week or so go. After some wiggling and holding it in a certain position I could occasionally get it partial charge, but as soon as a moved or simply bumped it, it would stop. I guess 4 years of constantly inserting and removing the USB-C cable to charge eventually wears it out.

It died completely 3 days ago, and I had nothing backed up. I've had to resort to using a cheap Windows *shudders* run Laptop that I bought my Dad last year.

Last night I finally managed to charge the Macbook. I noticed that the few times the charging would engage, I would have to hold the cable up, so last night in a moment of randomness I plugged it in, and placed the Macbook down on it's lid. Upside down. Woke up this morning and checked it ... Full Charge!!! LOL

Not going to waste the battery and use it yet though. Waiting on a new portable external Samsung SSD to arrive from Amarzon so I can copy everything to it. Then I'll make the decision to have it repaired or replaced.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/21/2024, 5:48 pm

Rusty wrote:I've been around but haven't posted in a bit. Dealing with some health shit - my Dad's for the past month, and now my own over the past week.

As for randomness, my Macbook Pro decided to no longer charge a week or so go. After some wiggling and holding it in a certain position I could occasionally get it partial charge, but as soon as a moved or simply bumped it, it would stop. I guess 4 years of constantly inserting and removing the USB-C cable to charge eventually wears it out.

It died completely 3 days ago, and I had nothing backed up. I've had to resort to using a cheap Windows *shudders* run Laptop that I bought my Dad last year.

Last night I finally managed to charge the Macbook. I noticed that the few times the charging would engage, I would have to hold the cable up, so last night in a moment of randomness I plugged it in, and placed the Macbook down on it's lid. Upside down. Woke up this morning and checked it ... Full Charge!!! LOL

Not going to waste the battery and use it yet though. Waiting on a new portable external Samsung SSD to arrive from Amarzon so I can copy everything to it. Then I'll make the decision to have it repaired or replaced.

Hope the health issues are temporary all around and that you're both doing better now. 

Gotta love when a charging port wears out, I've done upside down or sideways charging so many times....

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/22/2024, 4:54 pm

Glenn Powell obviously does not give a fuck about having a real career.

Good luck with that Kenny Powers meets Ladybugs knockoff series. Who's he supposed to be, Owen Wilson?

Random Thoughts - Page 15 Glen-p11
Football season is almost here… and Chad Powers is getting back on the field.

Hulu has released a first-look photo of Glen Powell as the titular quarterback in the upcoming series, which has officially started production, the streamer announced on Thursday. The Top Gun: Maverick and Anyone But You star headlines the half-hour single-camera comedy based on former New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning’s popular ESPN+ sketch.

Co-written and exec produced by Powell and Loki creator Michael Waldron, Chad Powers centers on hotshot college football QB Russ Holliday, who, after nuking his Division I career due to bad behavior, disguises himself and walks onto a struggling Southern football team as the talented, affable Chad Powers.

“We’re both diehard college football fans,” Powell and Waldron shared in a joint statement. “When we saw Eli as Chad Powers, we knew that was the way into a big, fun story about this world. We’re excited to be part of this team, and can’t wait to get Chad in the game.”

Added Eli, who also serves as an EP on the project alongside brother Peyton Manning, Jamie Horowitz and Ben Brown: “The love for Chad Powers has surprised me in spectacular ways. I played 16 years in the NFL, but now when I’m in a restaurant or walking through an airport, it’s not uncommon for fans to scream, ‘Hey Chad!'”

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/22/2024, 6:16 pm

Damn! Yeah, this was not a great choice for him but work is work I guess.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/22/2024, 7:06 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! Yeah, this was not a great choice for him but work is work I guess.

But it's not like Glen doesn't have many choices though he seems to be booking everything offered these days. He's starting to put out projects as quickly as Nic Cage and Samuel L Jackson, and the quality levels will probably start becoming comparable. Now he's doing a Hulu series based on an Eli Manning ESPN+ skit? It's on Hulu, the app that no stars go to cause they're all at Apple+. 

He's got at least six big projects coming up but right now only two interest me and those are the revenge thriller Huntington and the Edgar Wright Running Man remake. I hope they allow him to show some real range.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/23/2024, 11:42 am

America is still in love with the Hawk Tuah girl Hailey Welch, I still see her popping up in interviews on a nearly daily basis and every time she continues to talk about her growing business empire which has already branched from clothing to include hot sauce. Last week she threw out the first pitch at a Mets game but her being invited angered fans because she's the Hawk Tuah girl so she was all over the news for that too. It's nice to see that women everywhere now have such a strong female role model to look up to and see that with great head game, comes great opportunities.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/23/2024, 6:10 pm

Fire Destroys Historic Baseball Park Where ‘A League Of Their Own’ & Other Movies Were Shot
Random Thoughts - Page 15 Jay-li10
Tom Hanks’ A League of Their Own character famously said, “There’s no crying in baseball,” but folks might make an exception today. A baseball park east of Los Angeles that has been a popular filming location for movies and TV shows was badly damaged in a fire overnight.

Along with the Penny Marshall-directed 1992 pic that starred Hanks, Geena Davis, Rosie O’Donnell, Madonna and Lori Petty, the park also has hosted film shoots for such features as the 1988 Charlie Sheen-John Cusack Black Sox movie Eight Men Out and the 1992 biopic The Babe starring John Goodman as Babe Ruth. It also has been used for numerous TV commercials, the city said.

The blaze was reported around 11:30 p.m. Thursday at Jay Littleton Ball Park in Ontario. An Ontario Fire Department spokesperson told Key News Network that the fire was fully involved when the crews reached to the scene. An investigation into the cause was ongoing and damage still was being assessed today, but no injuries were reported. much of the facility burned to the ground, fire officials say.

According to the City of Ontario, which is about 40 miles east of L.A., baseball has been played for more than 80 years at the park, which hosted one season of pro ball with the Ontario Orioles in 1947. A wooden grandstand erected in 1937 had remained in use until the fire. Boasting a centerfield seven feet deeper than Dodger Stadium, the stadium recently has been home to Little League Baseball Senior League games. The field was dedicated to Joe “The Jay Bird” Littleton in 1997. It was given historic landmark status in 2003.
Random Thoughts - Page 15 A-leag11

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/24/2024, 4:26 pm

I was just on Netflix and noticed that after five years since it ended, iZombie will be expiring on September 5th from the service. 

It will likely be headed for one of those FreeVee or Roku tv type apps so I wanted to give you guys a heads up and chance to jump in while there was still time for a rewatch before you can no longer do so commercial free.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/24/2024, 8:12 pm

Tested positive for COVID. Evil or Very Mad Felt miserable the whole day today.

WyldeMan wrote:America is still in love with the Hawk Tuah girl Hailey Welch, I still see her popping up in interviews on a nearly daily basis and every time she continues to talk about her growing business empire which has already branched from clothing to include hot sauce. Last week she threw out the first pitch at a Mets game but her being invited angered fans because she's the Hawk Tuah girl so she was all over the news for that too. It's nice to see that women everywhere now have such a strong female role model to look up to and see that with great head game, comes great opportunities.

She got invited to a Mets game? Sounds like things are working out great for her. I don't know how long she can keep it going.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/24/2024, 8:23 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Tested positive for COVID. Evil or Very Mad Felt miserable the whole day today.

She got invited to a Mets game? Sounds like things are working out great for her. I don't know how long she can keep it going.

COVID is making a big comeback in my town right now. You've also had it before right? Have they made any real advancements in treatments over the past few years?

My favorite thing about her is that she now has her own BBQ sauce, you know because it's the one thing you never want a woman to eat before performing the Hawk Tuah. Razz

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/24/2024, 9:56 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I was just on Netflix and noticed that after five years since it ended, iZombie will be expiring on September 5th from the service. 

It will likely be headed for one of those FreeVee or Roku tv type apps so I wanted to give you guys a heads up and chance to jump in while there was still time for a rewatch before you can no longer do so commercial free.
I would assume it’d be on Max since it's Warner Bros., but who the fuck knows.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/25/2024, 2:00 pm

Babe Ruth ‘Called Shot’ Jersey Sells For Record $24million At Auction
Random Thoughts - Page 15 Gettyi72
Babe Ruth’s jersey, worn when he famously “called the shot” during the 1932 World Series, has been sold for a record-breaking sum.

Ruth’s jersey sold for $24.12m at auction, becoming the most expensive item of sporting memorabilia ever sold at auction.

The BBC reports that the sale dwarfs the previous record sum of $12.6m paid in 2022 for a 1952 Topps baseball card featuring New York Yankees outfielder Mickey Mantle.

Chris Ivy, director of sports auctions at Heritage Auctions, called it “the most significant piece of American sports memorabilia ever offered at auction.”

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/25/2024, 5:05 pm

‘Ted Lasso’ Heads Toward Season 4 Greenlight With Options Pickup For 3 Core Cast Members
Random Thoughts - Page 15 Ted-la10
EXCLUSIVE: Ted Lasso fans, this is not a drill. In a major step toward the long-awaited fourth season of Apple TV+’s hugely popular soccer comedy, the series’ studio Warner Bros. Television has picked up the options on the three original cast members who had been contracted under the aegis of the UK acting union Equity, sources tell Deadline. They are Hannah Waddingham, who plays AFC Richmond owner Rebecca Walton, Brett Goldstein, who plays hardman Roy Kent and Jeremy Swift, who plays Director of Football Operations Leslie Higgins.

After securing the trio, the studio is expected to start reaching out to Ted Lasso cast members with SAG-AFTRA contracts whose options had expired, so they will need to make new deals, we hear. In addition to co-creators/executive producers Jason Sudeikis (Ted Lasso) and Brendan Hunt (Coach Beard), that is believed to include Juno Temple (Keeley Jones). We hear one of the Ted Lasso OGs, Phil Dunster (Jamie Tart), has not been picked up, presumably due to a conflict with another series; he is on both Prime Video’s The Devil’s Hour and Apple’s Surface.

It is unclear which other stars may be approached about Season 4; the cast have all said repeatedly that they would be happy to reprise their roles if an opportunity arises. Many would likely pop in for guest appearances.

Getting the cast back paves the way toward a Season 4 greenlight, contingent on budget approval and scheduling as actors whose options have lapsed may have joined other series that have them in first position, sources said.

While the outreach to the cast is underway, early preparations are also being made to open a writers room. If all elements come together, we hear production on a fourth season is eyeing an early 2025 start. Reps for WBTV and Apple TV+ declined comment.

Starting the process for a Season 4 greenlight indicates that the main Ted Lasso driving force on and off-screen, Sudeikis, is on board for a new installment as the studio would not have proceeded without his consent.

The fate of Ted Lasso has always hinged on Sudeikis, who’d originated the character in NBC Sports videos. While being open that they would love to extend Ted Lasso, one of the biggest and most acclaimed comedies of the past decade, Apple and Warner Bros. executives have made it clear that it would be up to Sudeikis whether the show would continue.

The Saturday Night Live alum, who co-created Ted Lasso with Hunt, Joe Kelly and Bill Lawrence, had originally conceived the comedy as a three-season story arc and he stuck with the plan despite the series’ enormous success. But he had not shut the door to more Ted Lasso — which is why Season 3 was not labeled as final — contingent on finding the right idea. Much to Ted Lasso fans’ delight, more than a year after the Season 3 finale, it looks like that has happened.

With its uplifting tone and a good-natured, eternal optimist lead character, Ted Lasso was the perfect show to launch at the height of the pandemic in August 2020. The comedy became an instant global hit and Apple’s signature and most-watched ever original series.

In addition to its immense popularity that catapulted it into the pop culture zeitgeist, Ted Lasso earned 13 Emmy Awards during its original three-season run, including two back-to-back Outstanding Comedy Series trophies and acting wins for Sudeikis (2), Goldstein (2), who is also a writer-producer on the show, and Waddingham.

The May 2023 Season 3 finale saw Keeley and Rebecca potentially partnering for a new venture, AFC Richmond Women’s Team, with all the main characters getting a happy ending, including Ted, last seen coaching his son on a soccer field in Kansas.

Source: Deadline

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/25/2024, 11:03 pm

WyldeMan wrote:COVID is making a big comeback in my town right now. You've also had it before right? Have they made any real advancements in treatments over the past few years?

I don't know, I'm just taking Tylenol and letting it pass. Eating and drinking fluids as much as I can. My cousin had a baby so they threw a party last Sunday and 4 days later I started getting the symptoms. Then I found out that most people started getting sick after the party too.

WyldeMan wrote:My favorite thing about her is that she now has her own BBQ sauce, you know because it's the one thing you never want a woman to eat before performing the Hawk Tuah. Razz

Laughing BBQ sauce already? She's working fast and honestly she should be doing that before her 15 minutes of fame is up.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2024, 3:58 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't know, I'm just taking Tylenol and letting it pass. Eating and drinking fluids as much as I can. My cousin had a baby so they threw a party last Sunday and 4 days later I started getting the symptoms. Then I found out that most people started getting sick after the party too.

I have avoided all parties since COVID hit and I don't plan to to break that rule any time soon. Also, I'm an anti-social sumbitch.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Laughing BBQ sauce already? She's working fast and honestly she should be doing that before her 15 minutes of fame is up.

Bro, she's 21 and she's already riding a massive wave of momentum with multiple cash streams to build up quite a nut for her future and that's without even going the obvious OnlyFans route. Even if this wave ended tomorrow for her, I'm pretty sure she'll be just fine. Her interviews show she's got a lot of personality and she doesn't come across like an idiot. Besides it's not like this was her future life plan a few since she was a kid. Razz

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2024, 4:19 pm

Inside Nicole Kidman’s Erotic Drama Babygirl: “What Have I Just Done?”
Random Thoughts - Page 15 Babygi10
Nicole Kidman has still not seen Babygirl, and she’s not sure whether the Venice International Film Festival premiere next week will be the place to do it. “There’s something in me going, Okay, this was made for the big screen and to be seen with people,” she tells me. “But then I’m like, That’s a high-wire act. I’m not sure I have that much bravery.” She sounds as if she’s working out her plans while we chat, in her first interview about the movie. Having just seen it, I get it. “Maybe I will see it that way—I’ll let you know,” she says with a laugh. “I’ve made some films that are pretty exposing, but not like this.”

Without question, the film directed by Halina Reijn (Bodies Bodies Bodies) showcases the actor at her movie-star best, with the chance to give a deeper, bolder performance in a feature than she’s had in some time. It also fits within her decorated résumé, and her well-known willingness to take on projects with frank portrayals of female sexuality. Yet Babygirl still enters surprising territory. In Reijn’s hands, it’s a masterclass in kink, blasting through a collective shame around sexual fantasies by presenting one woman’s journey without judgment and in rich, complex layers. It ranges from silly to scary to messy to profoundly sad. Well, and sexy. Always sexy.

“I know we accomplished one thing, and that is that we made a really hot movie,” Reijn says with a wide smile. “I don't know about good, bad—that’s up to everybody—but I’m sure of that.”

An accomplished Dutch stage actor turned director, Reijn wrote Babygirl out of her enduring love for the erotic drama. She came into her own as an artist on the work of directors like Paul Verhoeven (Basic Instinct) and Adrian Lyne (Indecent Proposal). “They made me feel less alone with my own hidden sexual fantasies and desires, and from that moment on, I started to dream about being able to create something like that myself—but from my own perspective,” she says. “This gave me more fire to try to shine a light on that, because I’m still struggling with my own shame around it.”

Babygirl stars Kidman as Romy, a powerful New York business executive who’s seemingly balancing professional success and personal fulfillment in her marriage to a theater director (played by Antonio Banderas). The crack in that façade reveals itself late at night, when Romy masturbates alone, after having sex with her husband. She’s disconnected from her desires. The specific focus on the female orgasm is central to Reijn’s intent. “In movies, you still so often see a woman have an orgasm oncreen that is anatomically not possible,” she says. That reality hints at Romy’s internal torment: “The more perfect you want to be, the more dangerously things start to crumble down—and you have to deal with the things that are actually inside you.”

Enter Samuel (Triangle of Sadness’s Harris Dickinson), the company’s new intern—and the instigator for this movie to get steamy-fun. When he manages to get Romy assigned as his official mentor, he makes his attraction to her clear. From there, the bounds of a forbidden sexual dynamic are ironed out, beat by beat, and fueled by differences in power, age, and gender. Reijn invests in the actual negotiation between two people exploring desires that edge toward peril and submission. The director calls this aspect of Babygirl an “X-ray” of kink. It’s compelling, oddly revelatory—and crucial to the film’s irresistible erotic power. “They try to play these different, fun roles with each other, but they can also be scary and embarrassing,” Reijn says. “We don’t show this glossy fantasy; it’s actually an attempt to show the human side of all of that. In my eyes, it’s way more hot because it’s not just a perfect end result—which is often how it goes in the bedroom.”

Romy and Samuel’s first true encounter, a brilliantly staged duet in a shabby hotel room, crystallizes all this and redefines Romy for the audience. “When we meet her, we just see the upper layer of her existence that looks very attractive and Christmassy and Sound of Music–like,” Reijn says. “In a hidden hotel room, we see a very different animal, if you will. I think a lot of women are not at ease with the beast in themselves. They’d rather outsource it to a bad boyfriend.”

Reijn wrote Babygirl with Kidman in mind. As an actor herself, when she was waiting in the wings and about to go onstage, she’d think of Kidman’s screen work to steel herself to get on with the show. “I was so scared that I wanted to vomit and I wanted to die, so I would channel Nicole—I never knew her personally, of course, but her fearlessness in her movies was a torch that I was humbly trying to carry,” Reijn says. She knew Romy would need an actor of that fearlessness—and she got one. “I just kind of went, ‘Right, that’s it. I will open myself up to you every which way, and let’s see where we go together,’” Kidman says. “I would hope that you feel us in the movie, because it’s very much an us.”

In their extensive preparation, Kidman and Reijn met often in New York. They’d talk about their rawest life experiences, and examine the script’s most provocative scenes and revise them together. “A lot of the themes in my movies have been explored through the lens of sexuality,” Kidman says. “I’ve not eliminated that or tried to pretend it isn’t there.” Still, telling a movie so explicitly from a female point of view, with a woman behind the camera, felt unique. The collaboration offered Kidman a level of intimacy into that kind of filmmaking she’d never experienced before.

“It was being able to talk unbelievably honestly and graphically—and that’s woman-to-woman, as though you are sitting on your bed and talking to your sister or your best friend,” Kidman says. “That’s incredibly safe. Halina has a very strong maternal instinct, so she was very protective of all of us. But particularly me.”

When it came to choreographing the sex scenes, which Reijn captures in radically long takes, safety was emphasized. Kidman and Dickinson worked with intimacy coordinators who could precisely structure a given sequence’s many twists and turns, signaling moments of pleasure, discomfort, and everything in between for the actors to play authentically. These were blocked out in rehearsals and then adjusted during actual production as necessary. When it came down to it, the actors were dialed in, with Reijn’s camera just rolling and rolling. “I never came out of it, really,” Kidman says.

When Kidman digs in, there’s nothing quite like it. “It left me ragged. At some point I was like, I don’t want to be touched. I don’t want to do this anymore, but at the same time I was compelled to do it. Halina would hold me and I would hold her, because it was just very confronting to me,” Kidman says. She admits this remains the case, months after filming: “It’s like, Golly, I’m doing this, and it’s actually now going to be seen by the world. That’s a very weird feeling. This is something you do and hide in your home videos. It is not a thing that normally is going to be seen by the world.”

“I felt very exposed as an actor, as a woman, as a human being,” she continues. “I had to go in and go out like, I need to put my protection back on. What have I just done? Where did I go? What did I do?”

The seductive dynamic between Romy and Samuel plays out as distinctly modern. Credit surely goes to Reijn, who’s coming off of the bloody Gen-Z satire Bodies Bodies Bodies with another savvy understanding of contemporary mores. And Dickinson is a wholly unexpected foil in this two-hander: He can issue an imposing command and a puppy-dog apology in the same breath, and somehow keep it sexy.

“How Harris plays the dom is so different from how someone of Gen X would have played the dom in my time,” Reijn says. “I wanted to create a male character that was experimenting and also confused by, Who am I supposed to be as a man right now? What is masculinity and how do I ask for consent, if at the same time, I’m being asked to be a dominator?”

Babygirl will land in the thick of ongoing debates among younger viewers as to the necessity—and quantity—of explicit sex in movies. Reijn was keenly aware of that conversation, and feels the effects of digital saturation herself. “It’s very important in a society that is polarizing all over the place, in every way, that we keep shining light on the things that we’re afraid of,” she says, before joking that friends sometimes refer to her as a “prude.” It’s hard to believe after watching Babygirl, but perhaps that’s exactly the point. The film is undeniably titillating (Reijn prefers “juicy”)—and rather than operating in the dark, fatalistic mode of many an erotic drama, it’s a rollicking, risqué entertainment that winds its way toward hope. It’s strangely, even sweetly moving.

When I mention to Kidman the current controversy around sex in movies, she’s stumped. “What did you say?” she asks. I explain the topic more thoroughly. “I’m not familiar with many things,” she says. “I just work with abandonment.” This much is evident in Babygirl. She tells me that she hadn’t gotten to work in this “A24, indie filmmaking” style in a long time and found it inspiring. “You’re grabbing things when you can, you’re doing what you can—you’re in a very limited timeframe, but everyone’s there sharing heart and soul,” she says.

What did Kidman share—and gain—in the making of Babygirl? “It’s personal,” she says quickly. She feels like she still doesn’t have her “armor” on right now, as the premiere waits around the corner. A wide array of reactions, she knows, lie ahead. “That’s vulnerable, but I’m never going to shy away from that to my dying day,” Kidman says. “I’ll place myself in a vulnerable position, and see where that takes me.”

Babygirl will premiere this Friday at the Venice Film Festival before being released in U.S. theaters by A24 on December 25. This feature is part of Awards Insider’s exclusive fall film coverage, featuring first looks and in-depth interviews with some of this coming season’s biggest contenders.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/26/2024, 9:56 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I have avoided all parties since COVID hit and I don't plan to to break that rule any time soon. Also, I'm an anti-social sumbitch.

Oh, you gotta try it some time. So much fun! Razz Day 4, finally getting my strength back.

WyldeMan wrote:Bro, she's 21 and she's already riding a massive wave of momentum with multiple cash streams to build up quite a nut for her future and that's without even going the obvious OnlyFans route. Even if this wave ended tomorrow for her, I'm pretty sure she'll be just fine. Her interviews show she's got a lot of personality and she doesn't come across like an idiot. Besides it's not like this was her future life plan a few since she was a kid. Razz

Yeah, she'll be alright. I'm the idiot with the student loans. Cool
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2024, 11:14 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, she'll be alright. I'm the idiot with the student loans. Cool

Manwhile Hawk Tuah girl "Done been dropped out of college for a year or two" and shes moving herself to New York city. Razz

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/27/2024, 5:58 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Manwhile Hawk Tuah girl "Done been dropped out of college for a year or two" and shes moving herself to New York city. Razz

Well, how about that! But NYC instead of LA or Texas is an interesting choice.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/27/2024, 7:02 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Manwhile Hawk Tuah girl "Done been dropped out of college for a year or two" and shes moving herself to New York city. Razz

Well, how about that! But NYC instead of LA or Texas is an interesting choice.

She's getting terrible advice, or she's simply delusional. There's no way she's making enough money to maintain New York rent & lifestyle. She'll be on Onlyfans before Christmas.

She should have transitioned to being a guest host @ Barstool and worked on her Podcast game.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/27/2024, 9:00 pm

Rusty wrote:She's getting terrible advice, or she's simply delusional. There's no way she's making enough money to maintain New York rent & lifestyle. She'll be on Onlyfans before Christmas.

She should have transitioned to being a guest host @ Barstool and worked on her Podcast game.

She's only 21 and they're incapable of making good decisions. Or as her people might say, She's pretty as a pumpkin but half as smart.

But the idea of her in New York or LA amuses me a lot because that girl sounds as country as Elly May Clampett. Now I don't mind it, hell I grew up around it but it isn't exactly something that has nationwide appeal in hourly doses.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next