BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+2
joey con carne
ForeverBlu
6 posters

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts Empty Random Thoughts

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/18/2017, 11:43 am

I saw this on the news, so sad. What the fuck is wrong with cops? A woman approaches and you pull out a gun? WITHOUT EVEN SEEING A WEAPON OF ANY KIND? Neutral I feel sorry for the family, hope they get some kind of justice. There is just so much killing over some bullshit.

She was gonna get married next month, just so sad.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2017, 12:07 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I saw this on the news, so sad. What the fuck is wrong with cops? A woman approaches and you pull out a gun? WITHOUT EVEN SEEING A WEAPON OF ANY KIND? Neutral I feel sorry for the family, hope they get some kind of justice. There is just so much killing over some bullshit.

She was gonna get married next month, just so sad.

She was talking to the driver and the passenger shot her through the door......what in the fucking fuck. She called because she heard a noise and this POS cop who hates women killed her and gets paid leave for it? I've never met a single cop I didn't want to spit in the face of, I despise them.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/18/2017, 12:37 pm

Now that an unarmed Caucasian has been killed , let's see how this plays out.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2017, 12:42 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Now that an unarmed Caucasian has been killed , let's see how this plays out.

Well it won't be called a hate crime for one.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/18/2017, 1:40 pm

The officers should not have control of their body cams
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2017, 2:07 pm

Tyger wrote:The officers should not have control of their body cams

If you are wearing one, it should be recording. Having them not turned on is no excuse and it keeps happening in shootings.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/18/2017, 2:11 pm

Indeed.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/20/2017, 12:14 pm

Linkin Park Frontman Chester Bennington committed suicide, he was 41 yrs old.

He hung himself.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/20/2017, 12:40 pm

I just saw this. I liked some of their songs. RIP
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2017, 1:53 pm

OJ got paroled...... Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/20/2017, 5:13 pm

Chester died on what would've been Chris Cornell's 53rd birthday.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/20/2017, 7:13 pm

I haven't cared about Linkin Park in over 15 years but that's crazy. Six kids, sad.

All these deaths are making me feel old.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2017, 7:17 pm

Tyger wrote:I haven't cared about Linkin Park in over 15 years but that's crazy. Six kids, sad.

I hadn't heard about LP since the days of Hybrid Theory. I had no idea they were still together but in bad timing they released brand new music this morning.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/20/2017, 7:38 pm

They've been going surprisingly strong but their latest album has been getting dogged pretty hard and Chester seemed to be taking it super seriously...
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/20/2017, 8:13 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:I haven't cared about Linkin Park in over 15 years but that's crazy. Six kids, sad.

I hadn't heard about LP since the days of Hybrid Theory. I had no idea they were still together but in bad timing they released brand new music this morning.

Their Minutes to Midnight album from 2007ish was excellent.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/20/2017, 8:51 pm

The last think I remember liking was their song in Need For Speed, but the album version is annoying
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2017, 9:35 pm

I'm fairly sure "In the End" is the last song of theirs I have any memory of.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/21/2017, 7:09 am

"In the End" was from their first album. You really didn't listen to anything they put out after that?

I like their work. A band is never really the same when the lead singer departs. I hope it's not the end of the road for the band but I also hope, if they find a new lead singer, he or she is as good as Bennington. I liked Bennington's voice.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2017, 7:21 am

joey con carne wrote:"In the End" was from their first album. You really didn't listen to anything they put out after that?

I like their work. A band is never really the same when the lead singer departs. I hope it's not the end of the road for the band but I also hope, if they find a new lead singer, he or she is as good as Bennington. I liked Bennington's voice.

In The End is literally the only LP song I can name and all I remember is how much I hated it when I was 15.

Bands can survive all kinds of member changes but when you change the lead singer, it always feels like a different band.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/21/2017, 7:55 am

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:"In the End" was from their first album. You really didn't listen to anything they put out after that?

In The End is literally the only LP song I can name and all I remember is how much I hated it when I was 15.

Bands can survive all kinds of member changes but when you change the lead singer, it always feels like a different band.

I was the same. Their first album had the misfortune of coming out , and in the same genre, during the height of Limp Bizkit's fame. It was easy to put them in the "fuck that nonsense" category.

They are one of the few bands from that genre/era that actually turned out to be bonafide musicians and grew into something much better.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2017, 8:12 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:I was the same. Their first album had the misfortune of coming out , and in the same genre, during the height of Limp Bizkit's fame. It was easy to put them in the "fuck that nonsense" category.

They are one of the few bands from that genre/era that actually turned out to be bonafide musicians and grew into something much better.

Absolutely, Lump Bisquick is definitely in the same category for me, they might as well be Nickelback as all were totally irrelevant to my tastes.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/21/2017, 11:22 am

It is now 2:22pm EDT. I have been in the office since 9am and have only done about 30 minutes of actual work.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2017, 11:30 am

joey con carne wrote:It is now 2:22pm EDT. I have been in the office since 9am and have only done about 30 minutes of actual work.

I approve.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/21/2017, 1:52 pm

4:52pm and I still haven't done shit. Took a walk over to 1515 Broadway to check out the new Line Friends store which opened up. It's right down the block from my office.

I got a couple of paper fans and some temporary tattoos they were giving out for free. That took about 40 minutes. I'm fucking bored.

I would have stayed out longer but you know the one day I go out is the one day some asshole in the office is looking for me.

FYI: my avatar is Brown from Line Friends. He's a bear.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/21/2017, 10:14 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:I was the same. Their first album had the misfortune of coming out , and in the same genre, during the height of Limp Bizkit's fame. It was easy to put them in the "fuck that nonsense" category.

Absolutely, Lump Bisquick is definitely in the same category for me, they might as well be Nickelback as all were totally irrelevant to my tastes.
I can't hate on Limp Bizkit. Nookie was like a gateway drug that got me into heavier music.

Speaking of music, I had an authentic experience at the record store tonight. There were 2 guys at the register, one in a Morrissey shirt, the other in a Blue Velvet (David Lynch film) shirt and we just geeked out. Only thing that would've made it better is if they were hot chicks.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/22/2017, 5:48 am

Tyger wrote:Speaking of music, I had an authentic experience at the record store tonight. There were 2 guys at the register, one in a Morrissey shirt, the other in a Blue Velvet (David Lynch film) shirt and we just geeked out. Only thing that would've made it better is if they were hot chicks.

Have you met any hot women who like Morrissey and Lynch?

I'm fairly certain that special girl might have trouble passing psych evals and is as likely to tie you to her bed and set it on fire as she is to cook you dinner.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/22/2017, 6:06 am

Bill Lawrence Unharmed After Plane Crash In New York City
Random Thoughts Bill-l10

Scrubs and Spin City creator Bill Lawrence has taken to social media to let everyone know all is OK after a plane crash Friday in New York City.

Lawrence, his daughter and five others were aboard a seaplane that made an emergency landing Friday evening in the East River. No one was hurt. The seven, who were wearing life vests and sitting in the plane after it went down, were rescued by an NYPD Harbor Unit, according to NBC 4 New York.

Wild day. Daughter and all ok. First plane crash. Thanks NYC emergency folks. https://t.co/n7bS3e1USB
— Bill Lawrence (@VDOOZER) July 21, 2017

The flight was leaving New York Skyports Marina at East 23rd Street, en route to East Hampton, when it started to go down, NBC 4 said citing sources. The plane listed to the left, causing its left wing to hit the water.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/22/2017, 11:07 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:Speaking of music, I had an authentic experience at the record store tonight. There were 2 guys at the register, one in a Morrissey shirt, the other in a Blue Velvet (David Lynch film) shirt and we just geeked out. Only thing that would've made it better is if they were hot chicks.

Have you met any hot women who like Morrissey and Lynch?

I'm fairly certain that special girl might have trouble passing psych evals and is as likely to tie you to her bed and set it on fire as she is to cook you dinner.
Met, no, but I know they're out there.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/22/2017, 11:35 am

Tyger wrote:Met, no, but I know they're out there.

Would this girl be your great white buffalo?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/23/2017, 1:56 am

Happy Birthday ForeverBlu!

jocolor flower
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/23/2017, 10:07 am

Say whaaaat

Happy birthday, ForeverBlu!

Cool
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/23/2017, 4:03 pm

joey con carne wrote:Say whaaaat

Cool

Well, that's what the info on the front page was telling me Cool
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/24/2017, 7:20 am

The First Total Solar Eclipse in 99 Years Will Happen on August 21st
Random Thoughts Eclips10

This summer’s largest gathering will make Woodstock look like a backyard barbecue and divide the nation into two parties: those who see it, and those who don’t.

On Mon., Aug. 21, at precisely 9:04 a.m. PST, the shadow of the moon will touch down in Lincoln City, Ore., beginning a total solar eclipse that will cross 14 states, all the way to the South Carolina shoreline. (The last time such an event happened coast to coast was in 1918.)

Some 12.2 million people live within the 70-mile-wide band where the eclipse will be total — and millions more are expected to travel to witness it firsthand. From Oregon to South Carolina, hotel bookings have skyrocketed. Charleston, SC (where totality will be visible for more than a minute), is almost at capacity, with some lodgings having sold out two months ago. In Oregon, cases of motels dropping reservations and then attempting to resell them for up to $1,000 a night have gotten so bad that the state’s attorney general has opened an investigation.

“If we have some good weather, it will absolutely be the most viewed total eclipse in human history,” said Fred Espenak, a retired NASA astrophysicist who has witnessed 20 total solar eclipses.

From the ancients who feared eclipses as a sign of heavenly portent to the scientists who revel in the moon’s shadow, the celestial spectacle has always been universally astonishing and magnificent.

“If you’ve never seen one, there’s nothing you can use as a precedent,” said Joe Rao, meteorologist for Verizon FiOS1 in Westchester County, who has seen 11 eclipses. “It’s so different . . . from anything you’ve ever experienced.”

Another thing that will be unprecedented: the traffic. Two-thirds of America lives within a day’s drive of the path of totality, and highways could turn into the Great American Traffic Jam. For a New Yorker, the fastest route to totality is a 10-hour drive down I-95 to the vicinity of Santee, SC. The problem is that that’s also the “fastest” route to the eclipse zone for 74.4 million other people along the Eastern Corridor. As Espenak put it: “Surfaces are gonna be stressed.”

In New York City, the eclipse will be only partial, with the moon covering 75 percent of the sun at 2:44 p.m.

While you’ll technically be able to witness it from any spot where the sun is visible, prime viewing spots include city parks, where amateur astronomers are sure to be out in force with their telescopes. The Hayden Planetarium will also be hosting a live broadcast of the event.

The last time the heavens gave NYC a total solar eclipse was on Jan. 24, 1925 — an event dubbed the “96th Street Eclipse.”

“They called it that because the southern edge of the eclipse passed over 96th Street in Manhattan,” said Rao. “Anyone north of that street saw a total eclipse. Anyone south of it saw 99.9 percent.”

We know that because ConEdison conducted an experiment during the eclipse, posting workmen on rooftops in an attempt to determine exactly where the line between totality and partiality fell.

“The guy who was at 220 Riverside Drive said he saw a dot of light during the peak of the eclipse. The person at 230 Riverside Drive said that he saw all of the sun covered,” explained Rao.

The weeks leading up to that event were filled with excitement, speculation and anxiety. Worried that the sudden darkness would spark a rise in holdups, the city’s lighting officials decided to turn on the streetlights north of 72nd Street. Extra cops were ordered for uptown.

On the morning of the eclipse, the normal commute reversed: The million people who normally came down from uptown and the Bronx stayed put. A million from Brooklyn and lower Manhattan trekked north.

“The moon dropped over like an ominous curtain,” The Post reported of the 30-second totality. “It was as if the black-hand of fate had snuffed man’s solar candle. And suddenly the watching thousands realized the wonder of the universe and the weakness of little men.”

Observers south of 96th Street saw a brilliant burst of sunlight emanating from behind the moon’s light-ringed edge — giving birth to the term “the diamond ring effect.”

Even Mayor John F. Hylan, running for a third term, tried to capitalize on the event by staging a campaign speech that day. But he scheduled it to take place during the actual eclipse and at City Hall — more than six miles south of the prime viewing area uptown. He later lost the election.
Notes Rao: “Mayor Hylan was not known to be very intelligent.”
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/25/2017, 11:30 am

And in the latest news that will shock no one....Trump has seemingly confirmed the existence of a secret CIA Program On Twitter.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/25/2017, 12:38 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:

Cool

Thank You.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/25/2017, 3:44 pm

WyldeMan wrote:And in the latest news that will shock no one....Trump has seemingly confirmed the existence of a secret CIA Program On Twitter.

They must be freaking out over there. lol

ForeverBlu wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:

Cool

Thank You.

Happy Birthday FB! Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you........... Very Happy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/26/2017, 7:35 am

WOW, I love Amazon Prime. I've been using them for weekly orders on just about everything for five years now but last night I started looking through their streaming library on my Roku for the first time and was blown away by the amazing content they have available, it was better than Netflix and Hulu and it's just thrown in with Amazon subscription. I was just scrolling through their library and I kept finding more awesome content until I went full Spicoli at the point I discovered their vintage HBO section. Anybody else stream through Prime?

Spoiler:
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/26/2017, 10:16 am

I stream some stuff through Amazon from time to time. They definitely have a lot of good stuff and plenty I've never even heard about. But I thought you knew all about Amazon streaming. Didn't you watch The Man in the High Castle on Amazon?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/26/2017, 10:33 am

joey con carne wrote:I stream some stuff through Amazon from time to time. They definitely have a lot of good stuff and plenty I've never even heard about. But I thought you knew all about Amazon streaming. Didn't you watch The Man in the High Castle on Amazon?

I knew about their streaming but I never really scanned the catalog before or searched any specific titles out.

I did watch High Castle but I DL'd it, same as Bosch and Sneaky Pete. DVR life before my Roku was so different that I was ignoring a massive library because I thought I was good with Netflix and Hulu but after a four months I realized how light both were on high quality bingeable tv so I decided to check Amazon and am very happy I did. I'm currently watching some Sopranos season one. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/26/2017, 6:03 pm

Amazon Prime. Available at full cost to the entire world - yet all of their streaming content is US only. Cunts.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2017, 7:16 am

Rusty wrote:Amazon Prime. Available at full cost to the entire world - yet all of their streaming content is US only. Cunts.

We all love your women but have no real appreciation for your prison colony of a country. Cool

But seriously I wonder what the deal is, you'd think since it's digital and not physical copies all those restrictions would cease to exist.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2017, 7:44 am

Shot Caller feels familiar.....

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/27/2017, 4:44 pm

Damn! I might have to check this one out.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/27/2017, 9:31 pm

I liked Felon, decent flick for both Kilmer and Dorff who have both seen better days in their careers
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/27/2017, 9:41 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:Amazon Prime. Available at full cost to the entire world - yet all of their streaming content is US only. Cunts.

We all love your women but have no real appreciation for your prison colony of a country. Cool

But seriously I wonder what the deal is, you'd think since it's digital and not physical copies all those restrictions would cease to exist.

Amazon is planning on setting up an Australian-based warehouse/storefront, so they might make them available when that happens.

Big issue is money. They would make more money from an intentional distributor buying the rights, as apposed to the small numbers of individual shoppers online. Having them available for international customers would limit potential distributors.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next