BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+4
Tyger
joey con carne
UltimateMarvel
Gamma626
8 posters

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 7 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Tyger 1/17/2015, 5:11 pm

I didn't know about an X-Files re-anything. That might actually be good because the original series has not aged incredibly well.

Prison Break should've been one season, just a miniseries. As it is there's too much shit going on in even the first season. Everything outside the prison/Michel's plan was fucking terrible.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2015, 1:15 pm

Tyger wrote:I didn't know about an X-Files re-anything. That might actually be good because the original series has not aged incredibly well.

Prison Break should've been one season, just a miniseries. As it is there's too much shit going on in even the first season. Everything outside the prison/Michel's plan was fucking terrible.

Chris Carter started discussing the Revival last Summer and now they're talking to Duchovney and Anderson about returning. Prison Break absolutely was a limited series at best, it went on about 60 episodes longer than it should have.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2015, 1:19 pm

Meh, taking a weed break.....been way way way too long and now my tolerance is way way way too high. Don't know how many of you smoke but when you do it long enough without taking a good break you eventually have so much THC in your system that you can no longer get high, weird right, cause you can never have so much alcohol that you can't get drunk any longer. I have reached this level again, but honestly it took like two years of everyday use to get to this point, lol. So that just means I gotta take a month or so off, which sucks cause the reason I do it is for medical primarily, but yes obviously some is recreational. I don't drink, I don't take pills, smoke cigarettes and now I'm not smoking weed either. God damn, my life is going to get really really boring for the next month without any vices....oh wait, nm still got women. I'm good. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/18/2015, 7:52 pm

Sorry bout your Packers, Wyldeman.

Don't drink yourself into oblivion, please.  It'll be okay.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2015, 10:00 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:Sorry bout your Packers, Wyldeman.

I sure picked a horrible day to quit weed didn't I? LOL.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/18/2015, 10:36 pm

Not to worry. Brady's boys are gonna smoke those Sea Chickens.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2015, 11:46 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Not to worry. Brady's boys are gonna smoke those Sea Chickens.

As long as the Chicken Heads do what Chicken Heads do, go down, then I'm good. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/19/2015, 5:16 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Not to worry. Brady's boys are gonna smoke those Sea Chickens.
Seattle actually opened at 2.5 pt favorites but the line slowly has moved closer.  They said that there's never been a Super Bowl that has opened the game as a pick-em but this one may very well do it.

I'm excited.  I wanna see them unleash Gronk on Seattle and just fucking destroy the Seahawks.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/19/2015, 9:23 am

Just wondering, Groo, but do you ever sleep? Looking at the timestamp of your post it's about 5am PST.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/19/2015, 11:55 am

I woke up briefly and checked my emails and whatnot. Checked in here as well. lol
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2015, 4:16 pm

Meh, I'm being told that I am quite irritable today which apparently is more irritable than usual. I hate withdrawls....they always make me edgy. That's the only downside to quitting smoking, the withdrawals, which for me are irritability, a short temper and a constant need to let off a shitload of anger. Good thing I have heavy bags and gym membership, I need to get the fuck out before I go the fuck off, lol.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/19/2015, 5:35 pm

What's the gameplay like for the Uncharted games? Are they third person shooter? I hear the games are amazing but I can't play shooters on Playstation because I suck. Decent sale on PSN right now for all three games (GOTY or what not). Was wondering if anyone here can let me know if the games are good and junk.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/19/2015, 5:36 pm

joey con carne wrote:What's the gameplay like for the Uncharted games? Are they third person shooter? I hear the games are amazing but I can't play shooters on Playstation because I suck. Decent sale on PSN right now for all three games (GOTY or what not). Was wondering if anyone here can let me know if the games are good and junk.

They are the gold standard for gaming, and Uncharted 2 is a goddamn masterpiece.

They are "third person shooters", not FPS, but it's more than that.  You should definitely pick it up if it's a good deal. I think it's what, $15 apiece for all three?  You should pull the trigger (heh heh) on that if you can.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/20/2015, 9:08 am

Okay, one more question. Are the Uncharted games more about exploration and traversing the environment like the Prince of Persia series where fighting enemies is more of a secondary thing?

I am really terrible with shooters on consoles which is why I am asking. I'm 90% sure about buying the trilogy.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2015, 12:49 pm

Oh my gods........I can't wait to see that little bastard destroyed.....

The Comedy Central Roast of Justin Bieber will tape in Los Angeles on a date TBA, the cabler announced on Tuesday, with an airdate to be set shortly.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/20/2015, 3:36 pm

joey con carne wrote:Okay, one more question. Are the Uncharted games more about exploration and traversing the environment like the Prince of Persia series where fighting enemies is more of a secondary thing?

I am really terrible with shooters on consoles which is why I am asking. I'm 90% sure about buying the trilogy.

Think along the lines of Indiana Jones meets Die Hard.   You have the puzzles and platforming, climbing along the rocks and whatnot, but you also end up a mass murderer with all the bad guys you will kill along the way.

The storyline/writing is outstanding, especially in #2.

You can set it on various difficulties, including Easy, and there isn't the unforgivable moments where you have to have lightning reflexes in order to survive.

There's a couple spots in each game where enemies are especially frustrating (these blue beasts in Uncharted 2 for instance) But I think you will enjoy them!

Here's some gameplay showing off the shooting to see if this is what you may like.

GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/20/2015, 3:54 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Oh my gods........I can't wait to see that little bastard destroyed.....

The Comedy Central Roast of Justin Bieber will tape in Los Angeles on a date TBA, the cabler announced on Tuesday, with an airdate to be set shortly.

Don't get your hopes up.  It's gonna be sanitized because you know anything truly cutting will be edited out (as Denis Leary's roast did because he had final cut, so the Bill Hicks references were cut out). 

There's a few things that annoy me about this, though.

1. He didn't earn this.  It used to be a  privilege to be roasted.  The line that was always used was "You only roast the ones you love." In that case nobody will be up there.   It used to be a thing where those who were roasted had accomplished something in their careers.  Then Comedy Central got ahold of it and it became "who do we think the people wanna see get taken down a peg or two?"

Turns out he's been begging them for years to do this (which takes some of the fun out of it) and they have literally admitted to saying "give us more material and then come and see us".  And he admitted that he's been doing this dumb ignorant shit for the past year or so with this in mind.

That really annoys me that they're rewarding his fuckery in this way.

2.  The whole process has become less about roasting and more about how vulgar and disgusting they can get.  I mean one year they even marketed the roast as "A Night of a Thousand Bleeps".

It really hit a low on the James Franco one where it seemed everyone was just going for the easy gay jokes on Franco and the inexplicable sexist jokes against Sarah Silverman.  The one hilarious joke I recall from that roast was Jonah Hill had a fantastic line about Seth Rogen and his producing partner and said "how ugly does THAT guy have to be when Seth Rogen is the face of the operation."

3.  And finally, and this ties back into him begging for this whole thing, it's just not the same when you know the guy wants to be humiliated.   They're gonna bring him up, they'll have some halfass comics that no one has heard of get up there and say some stuff about him looking like a Lesbian version of Miley Cyrus or Ellen DeGeneres' kid sister,  (there'll be multiple jokes of this) and then he'll just eat it up in his attention whore way.

Nobody wins but Bieber here.  Sure he'll get mocked and whatnot, but to what end?  The dude's so tone deaf he thinks people are laughing with him not at him.

It's this situation all over again.

GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2015, 7:35 pm

But on the bright side, he'll probably be dead inside of five years since he's still trippin on zurp like a fiend.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/21/2015, 8:36 am

What is zurp?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/21/2015, 10:28 am

sizzurp
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/21/2015, 12:49 pm

I had to actually look up why the fuck anyone would be addicted to sizzurp. I just learned it is an actual drink made from mixing prescription meds with alcohol.

At first, I was thinking "wtf is Bieber doing drinking Sizzurp? That shit is so ghetto." Why was this my first thought? Because there is a drink called Sizzurp that is sold in a purple bottle. When it first came out people kept asking for it at my store.

http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=4137
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/21/2015, 1:46 pm

That's what caused Lil Wayne to have multiple siezures and nearly die a few years back.  He denied that it was the reason, and blamed it on stress, but it's not hard to realize what the deal is.

Lil Wayne seizure puts spotlight on rappers' use of 'sizzurp'

The powerful narcotic popped up on the cultural grid around the turn of the millennium. A Texas producer-remixer named DJ Screw paid homage to its woozy, heavy-lidded high by dramatically slowing down beats and vocals to replicate the drug's sleepwalker euphoria.
Among Southern rappers, the chemical mixture — called "sizzurp" on the street — soon became as ubiquitous as gold jewelry.

This wasn't some exotic new hallucinogen. In fact, it was usually mixed with fruit soda and sipped from oversized plastic foam cups. A cough syrup, fortified with codeine and promethazine and bought with a prescription, it was highly addictive — and technically legal.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/23/entertainment/la-et-ms-lil-wayne-sizzurp-codeine-20130321
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/21/2015, 2:09 pm

Sizzurp has been the rage for about a decade or so, I remember Three Six Mafia talking about it constantly, pretty sure there are a few dozen songs about the stuff too. I tried it once way back in high school and got beyond fucked up, you're heart is getting spiked and slowed down at the same time, but on a much more extreme level than when you mix alcohol and energy drinks. I hated the feeling and then I pretty much just passed the fuck out standing up. Never touched it again. The shit we try for women...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/21/2015, 3:57 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:That's what caused Lil Wayne to have multiple siezures and nearly die a few years back.  He denied that it was the reason, and blamed it on stress, but it's not hard to realize what the deal is.

Haha I love it when celebrities say stupid shit like that. For example, when they check themselves into hospitals due to "exhaustion". I fucking guarantee I am more stressed and more exhausted than these assholes and I have never had to check myself into a hospital. What a joke.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/21/2015, 5:05 pm

Whenever I read that a celeb has checked into a hospital due to exhaustion I just assume they overdosed on blow and hookers, seems the safest bet.

Kind of like how "amicable divorce" means "they're getting half my shit and I don't get to talk about it"

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/22/2015, 2:59 pm

I gotz a stomach virus of some sort. Fuck me. I actually had to take a day off from work today because I was so jacked up. ugh
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2015, 3:40 pm

joey con carne wrote:I gotz a stomach virus of some sort. Fuck me. I actually had to take a day off from work today because I was so jacked up. ugh

Only clear liquids when the Trots kick in man.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/22/2015, 5:16 pm

I think I got the flu or something. I'm all fucked up. Congested/coughing/throat feels tight and constricted and rough like sandpaper.

Taking some Tussin and cough drops though...hopefully it'll go away and I don't really have the Trips
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/22/2015, 7:39 pm

Funny stuff.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/22/2015, 9:25 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Only clear liquids when the Trots kick in man.
I never know what the terms you use mean. I always have to google.

Feel better, Groo. I haven't eaten anything all day and have only been sipping on ginger ale. Feeling better. Also took some ibuprofen to stop my fever. Not cool.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2015, 9:29 pm

joey con carne wrote:

You never heard it called the trots? Its when you gotta quickly trot off to the bathroom. just a better way of saying make sure to drink plenty of water while you got the shits, lol.

Do I really talk all that different from what you're used to?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/22/2015, 9:33 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:I gotz a stomach virus of some sort. Fuck me. I actually had to take a day off from work today because I was so jacked up. ugh

Only clear liquids when the Trots kick in man.

Gatorade.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/22/2015, 10:22 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:

You never heard it called the trots? Its when you gotta quickly trot off to the bathroom. just a better way of saying make sure to drink plenty of water while you got the shits, lol.

Do I really talk all that different from what you're used to?

Haha "zurp", "trots". I have never heard those terms before. I learn good stuff every day. LOL
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2015, 11:22 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Gatorade.

I have absolutely no idea why, but I read that one word in the mocking voice of Henry Winkler from the Waterboy, a movie I haven't seen in 15 years. confused

joey con carne wrote:
Haha "zurp", "trots". I have never heard those terms before. I learn good stuff every day. LOL

Oh guess they're so common place in my hood that I figured they were pretty much everywhere else to, cause I live in the sticks, lol.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/23/2015, 5:34 pm

Maybe trots is a west coast thing, I've heard it forever
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/23/2015, 5:52 pm

We say it down here. Always have.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/23/2015, 7:00 pm

Tyger wrote:Maybe trots is a west coast thing, I've heard it forever

Rusty Cunt wrote:We say it down here. Always have.

Pretty sure it's an old soldiers term. My grandpa has used it forever so thats probably why it's so commonplace for me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/24/2015, 1:36 pm

A full year of Amarzon Prime is only 72 dollars today only. Saturday, 24 January 2015.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/24/2015, 2:52 pm

I wanted to do that but no money, plus I think they won't let me do it as a former but not current member. :-/
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/24/2015, 3:30 pm

Read on blu-ray.com that everyone can do it - old and new members, alike.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/24/2015, 3:39 pm

joey con carne wrote:Read on blu-ray.com that everyone can do it - old and new members, alike.

Oh well...now I'm more depressed.  Thanks joey!  Mad   Wink
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/25/2015, 2:13 pm

Man, the last post in the Gaming Subforum was in December 28. What's up with that?

Gonna see if I can post anything of substance in there now.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2015, 2:33 pm

joey con carne wrote:Man, the last post in the Gaming Subforum was in December 28. What's up with that?

This whole forum was DOA, that's whats up with that.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/25/2015, 3:13 pm

I'm lookin' forward to Suits coming back. Or is it back already?

I spent the last week in New Orleanzzxxzxz. Unfortunately, it was not for pleasure but for work. And then I got the food poisoning.

Looking forward to Los Muertos Caminandos.

I tried watching a couple of episodes of The Flash and I can't get into it. Grant Gustin is a shitty actor and I can't stand listening to him speak. The Flash is my fave superhero and I guess my expectations for the show were too high. I'll try watching another but if Barry's acting is as shitty as the other two I saw I have a feeling I'm going to be skipping around and just watching the superspeed scenes.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2015, 4:09 pm

joey con carne wrote:I tried watching a couple of episodes of The Flash and I can't get into it. Grant Gustin is a shitty actor and I can't stand listening to him speak. The Flash is my fave superhero and I guess my expectations for the show were too high. I'll try watching another but if Barry's acting is as shitty as the other two I saw I have a feeling I'm going to be skipping around and just watching the superspeed scenes.

You are in a minority there, I've heard very few people say that about Grant, most of us myself included think he's a great Barry. But those are just opinions, I myself love the show and have been enjoying it more than Arrow this season.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next