BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+4
Tyger
joey con carne
UltimateMarvel
Gamma626
8 posters

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 8 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by joey con carne 1/25/2015, 4:18 pm

Okay. I'll give it more time. I'm sure the show will grow on me.

I do like that one scene when Barry saves his copdad in jail and when original Barry Allen looks at him through the window, he does that vibrating thing even though he was wearing a mask. That was a nice touch and made me realize the writers put a lot of thought into the show.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/25/2015, 4:21 pm

I haven't watched a Flash episode yet, but I actually enjoyed the dude on his intro in Arrow .. and I was worried too because all I knew him from was Glee, and I hated his character on that, which can easily misplaced as hate for the actor.

Thought he did great on Arrow though, however, that was an origin story, so I never really got to see him as "The Flash".
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2015, 4:28 pm

Grant has been leading The Flash into a new realm of popularity which has currently put Flash as the highest rated series on the network, week after week totally crushing Arrow and everything else. He's turning a fairly obscure super hero into a mainstream sensation on a tv show. Not too bad in my opinion.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/25/2015, 4:49 pm

I was just thinking last night, Twink, that Suits has been off the air an extraordinary amount of time.  And it's not like the show is between seasons, it's mid season. 

Just looked it up and it comes back this week motherfucker! WHOOOOOOOO!  January 28th which is Wednesday.

Last episode #10 aired August 20th 2014.  It'll have been 5 fucking months since it aired with a HUGE cliffhanger.

I know Wylde doesn't watch and some may scoff, but this show is one of the best on TV.  The writing is top shelf as is the acting, IMO.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/25/2015, 5:14 pm

God damn right. I really like Suits. And yes, their suits are fucking sexy. I really like Harvey's English trousers. With the exception of Louis, all the guys on the show look so fucking sharp with their suits. I bet a nice chunk of the show's budget goes to the men's wardrobe.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2015, 5:36 pm

Joey as we were discussing in the Batman thread, my dietary needs have changed so much that I don't require any special GF foods and I absolutely refuse to eat them, which is why I've dropped 70lbs in six months. That and my ridiculous workouts, but yes my joints feel so much better now, my bad knee which has been killing me for 6 years doesn't even cause a second thought now. Once the pain went away and I went from walking to running that's when the weight really just started dropping. I still have got quite a bit to go before I'm where I'd like to be, but progress is progress.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2015, 5:39 pm

joey con carne wrote:God damn right. I really like Suits. And yes, their suits are fucking sexy. I really like Harvey's English trousers. With the exception of Louis, all the guys on the show look so fucking sharp with their suits. I bet a nice chunk of the show's budget goes to the men's wardrobe.

Do you wear suits everyday? It's probably required for you isn't it, unless you're at the booze mart. I've worn very few suits in my life, I just don't have enough cause to wear one.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/25/2015, 7:38 pm

Good to hear you're doing very well on your road to "recovery". LOL dumbass doctors...

I do not wear suits everyday. In my line of work, it is usually up to the clients whether we wear suits. If we go to the client site to work, and their dress code is full suits, then we need to wear suits as well. I worked at a client where I had to have a suit and tie everyday. It's not that bad.

I get my suits at Sarar so they are cut slim and very well. I have also noticed that accountants are the most sloppily dressed in the office. Lawyers and Finance peeps are usually very well-dressed. Fitted shirts and pants, all tailored very well. Accountants on the other hand seem to all buy oversized and un-ironed shirts. Sloppy.

The only advice I can give with regards to suits is do not get a suit from [names edited out to avoid offending anyone]. If you get a suit or two, spend some money on them. With suits, you really do get what you pay for.

I don't have custom suits or shirts. I'll get some next time I go back to Thailand. In the meantime, I'm partial to Sarar for my suits and sometimes my dress shirts/. I get the majority of my dress shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt. Sarar is Turkish and Charles Tyrwhitt is English.

Last edited by joey con carne on 1/26/2015, 9:05 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Deleted store names.)
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2015, 7:45 pm

I have virtually no fashion sense I've always been a t-shirt, jeans and Chucks kind of guy. Though I have often wondered how good I'd look in a custom suit. Maybe one day when I have a need for it but the only time I've ever worn suits were to the funerals of my friends.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/26/2015, 12:38 pm

Custom suits are dope but when you get one, make sure you are at a weight you want to stay at. With custom clothes, you get like plus or minus five pounds. If you exceed that, it starts to look awkward.

Side note: This sucks. Now that I have Amarzon Prime, I don't know what to buy. Nothing I want!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/26/2015, 12:55 pm

I'm gonna order a 4TB External WD My Book in the coming months.  Maybe in March for my Birthday.

http://www.amazon.com/Book-USB-Hard-Drive-Backup/dp/B00E3RH61W/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422305717&sr=1-1&keywords=WD+My+Book
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/26/2015, 6:39 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:I was just thinking last night, Twink, that Suits has been off the air an extraordinary amount of time.  And it's not like the show is between seasons, it's mid season. 

Just looked it up and it comes back this week motherfucker! WHOOOOOOOO!  January 28th which is Wednesday.

Last episode #10 aired August 20th 2014.  It'll have been 5 fucking months since it aired with a HUGE cliffhanger.

I know Wylde doesn't watch and some may scoff, but this show is one of the best on TV.  The writing is top shelf as is the acting, IMO.

I was just thinking, this whole storyline is absolutely ridiculous. So now Louis wants to be a name partner because it's what he has wanted his entire career. But he wants to be a partner at a firm where the other two partners despise him? That makes no sense. Unless he's completely delusional, no one in their right mind would want to take a position like that knowing he has no respect to begin with and that no one really wants him to have. I get that it's a show and we need to suspend our disbelief or whatever but this is just really, really stretching it. A lot.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/26/2015, 6:47 pm

joey con carne wrote:
GrooThePerverted wrote:I was just thinking last night, Twink, that Suits has been off the air an extraordinary amount of time.  And it's not like the show is between seasons, it's mid season. 

I was just thinking, this whole storyline is absolutely ridiculous. So now Louis wants to be a name partner because it's what he has wanted his entire career. But he wants to be a partner at a firm where the other two partners despise him? That makes no sense. Unless he's completely delusional, no one in their right mind would want to take a position like that knowing he has no respect to begin with and that no one really wants him to have. I get that it's a show and we need to suspend our disbelief or whatever but this is just really, really stretching it. A lot.

Well Louis always wanted to EARN his title.  He has always been a "do it by the rules" thing, but it's the culmination of several things hitting at once that has made him view that as now how things really work.  As a naive way of thinking.

He always looked up to Harvey and Jessica, but he realizes that they got where they were by making deals and or taking their shots.  Jessica got her name position because she took on Hardman (aka Gale Boetticher from Breaking Bad) and forced him out.

Mike got a spot in a PRESTIGIOUS  extremely limited employment where you have to be from Harvard, and yet Mike's gotten in by breaking the rules.  Harvey got his name even though he broke the rules and brought Mike in.

I think that everything just hit him at once, all of that, plus his girl leaving him, the realization that no one there will ever respect him, and he's like "you know what?  Fuck it.  I can either stay in this shitty job where no one respects me, BUT I am a name goddamn partner, or I can go off on my own.  Can't bring any of my clients with me, and without them, no one else will hire me."

So I think he's made a decision that he will think he can live with but not really.  He will know he did not earn his spot.  And while Jessica and Harvey could get that spot and justify and validate why their decisions don't denigrate it, I don't think Louis will be able to.

I think he always wanted to do things the right way, and then he found everyone else breaking the rules, and getting ahead to things that he felt he deserved.

It's a devil's deal.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/26/2015, 9:40 pm

I understand your points, Groo. But I still just think it is absurd. Louis can get a job anywhere but he wants to stay in NYC because I recall him saying something about NYC being Rome or whatever.

Yes, Harvey and Jessica may have lied, cheated, and stole to get where they are but they have a great respect for one another despite their constant head-butting. Louis, on the other hand, is their constant disappointment and he knows it. I just can't imagine anyone would want to force their way into a position where they know the only two people who matter hates their guts. Louis has no pride. His sense of entitlement is not a strength. Many times I thought Louis was being treated unfairly but now I know why and realize that Harvey and Jessica were right all along - he's a fucking loser.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/26/2015, 9:46 pm

Yeah Louis has definitely developed into the whipping boy.

I still feel bad for dude though.  His whole life he's played things by the rules and even though he knew people didn't respect him, he prided himself on always doing the right thing and building to what he was.

Now he's no longer got that.  I think it's gonna eventually hit him and he's gonna bow out or flame out, one of the two.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/26/2015, 10:39 pm

Just for shits and giggles, what do you think will happen to Louis this season? I can't even begin to imagine where they are going with this storyline. You know the writers are going to beat the living shit out of us with the last few episodes of the season. I can't wait!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/26/2015, 11:12 pm

I dunno, man. I honestly thought he was going to kill himself at the end of last season the way things was going right up to the point where he found out Mike lied because Mike didn't know what that key was.

I think it'll end up with him realizing that he allowed others to put him in a position where he forsake his honor and his integrity to get ahead, and that he never wanted it that way.

And at that point he's gonna resign from the firm and leave New York/Rome.

But yeah I really don't see him staying past this 6 final episodes.  He's had a helluva storyline to carry him out the door and I'm sure Hoffman is gonna nail it.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/26/2015, 11:51 pm

LOL with as indepth as you two just got over Suits, why don't you discuss it in an actual thread for the series so you can easily find this part of the convo again, just saying this is a forum for tv shows.....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/26/2015, 11:58 pm

Hey, asshole! Outta our thread!  This is the Suits Discussion Thread!  Take your random talk somewhere else, bub!
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/27/2015, 8:47 am

WyldeMan wrote:LOL with as indepth as you two just got over Suits, why don't you discuss it in an actual thread for the series so you can easily find this part of the convo again, just saying this is a forum for tv shows.....

hehe my bad man. I'll create a Suits thread now. I suck at it so I'll just set one up and maybe you can move these posts in there. Or give me mod powers and I'll do it myself and then you can un-mod me. : )

Edit: I did it! Please move these post, Wylde. Thanks, mang.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/29/2015, 11:51 am

Random Thoughts - Page 8 Borowitz-obama-executive-order-690

In a historic Oval Office ceremony on Thursday morning, President Barack Obama signed an executive order closing Congress, effective immediately.

The President said that the move would dramatically increase the efficiency of the federal government, noting how much he had accomplished since he stopped working with Congress in November.

Additionally, he said, the elimination of Congress would result in annual savings of more than five billion dollars, which Obama said would be refunded to American taxpayers.

Acknowledging that “some sticklers” would argue that the Constitution calls for three branches of government, the President said, “All this order does is reduce that number by one.”

The initial public reaction to the President’s decision appeared to be overwhelmingly positive, as news of the executive order sent his approval rating soaring to seventy-nine percent.

Asked by reporters if he had any message for members of Congress, the President said, “I got it from here.”
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/29/2015, 4:25 pm

Oh god, I'm gonna hear so much shit about this
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/29/2015, 5:08 pm

Tyger wrote:Oh god, I'm gonna hear so much shit about this

If anyone gives you shit about this, just mock them for believing it's true.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/29/2015, 5:36 pm

Tyger wrote:Oh god, I'm gonna hear so much shit about this

GrooThePerverted wrote:If anyone gives you shit about this, just mock them for believing it's true.

What are you guys talking about?

By the way, guys, did you hear about this?

Random Thoughts - Page 8 Borowitz-obama-executive-order-690

In a historic Oval Office ceremony on Thursday morning, President Barack Obama signed an executive order closing Congress, effective immediately.

The President said that the move would dramatically increase the efficiency of the federal government, noting how much he had accomplished since he stopped working with Congress in November.

Additionally, he said, the elimination of Congress would result in annual savings of more than five billion dollars, which Obama said would be refunded to American taxpayers.

Acknowledging that “some sticklers” would argue that the Constitution calls for three branches of government, the President said, “All this order does is reduce that number by one.”

The initial public reaction to the President’s decision appeared to be overwhelmingly positive, as news of the executive order sent his approval rating soaring to seventy-nine percent.

Asked by reporters if he had any message for members of Congress, the President said, “I got it from here.”
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/29/2015, 9:42 pm

I guess no one is interested in politics. lol! This is pretty huge and I'm curious what the ramifications will be. Money will be saved for sure. Article says the people feel positive about this.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/29/2015, 11:17 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I guess no one is interested in politics. lol! This is pretty huge and I'm curious what the ramifications will be. Money will be saved for sure. Article says the people feel positive about this.

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Damn it Abe......

Your world must be so simple, everyday must be like an episode of Pleasantville.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/29/2015, 11:56 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I guess no one is interested in politics. lol! This is pretty huge and I'm curious what the ramifications will be. Money will be saved for sure. Article says the people feel positive about this.

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Damn it Abe......

Your world must be so simple, everyday must be like an episode of Pleasantville.

Before they discovered masturbation, that is.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/30/2015, 12:08 am

GrooThePerverted wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Damn it Abe......

Before they discovered masturbation, that is.

Absolutely, pre-bath tub burning bush. Wow, out of context that sounds turrible.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/30/2015, 12:16 am

Well....excuse me. Just saw it and I thought I would share. It's impossible, I know, Balance of Power and all that shit but it's late and common sense lost this round. Sue me! Turns out the writer is a comedian. lol! Would have been all over the news otherwise.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/30/2015, 12:34 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Well....excuse me. Just saw it and I thought I would share. It's impossible, I know, Balance of Power and all that shit but it's late and common sense lost this round. Sue me! Turns out the writer is a comedian. lol! Would have been all over the news otherwise.

LOL.......Abe welcome to the party.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/30/2015, 12:44 am

Random Thoughts - Page 8 Notsurstupid
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/30/2015, 6:23 am

This is pretty funny.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/30/2015, 1:42 pm

What can I say, I live to entertain. Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/30/2015, 5:33 pm

I've been sick for like a week and still have a cough that won't go away. It's just small dry coughs though, I'm like a broken squeaky toy
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/30/2015, 6:10 pm

I'm watching Gold Rush. I like this show. The narrator just said "All day. Every day."

Haha

toute la journée
tous les jours
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/30/2015, 11:46 pm

Tyger wrote:I've been sick for like a week and still have a cough that won't go away. It's just small dry coughs though, I'm like a broken squeaky toy

That sucks! It's going around here too. It's that time of year I guess. I really hate winter!

Last edited by UltimateMarvel on 1/31/2015, 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/31/2015, 9:45 am

Tyger wrote:I've been sick for like a week and still have a cough that won't go away. It's just small dry coughs though, I'm like a broken squeaky toy

I hate lingering coughs. A few times, I had a cough that went on for at least two or three weeks after I was "no longer sick". Hope you get better soon, man.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/31/2015, 5:51 pm

Whitney Houston's daughter is in a medical induced coma after being found floating face down in the bathtub, exactly how her mother died a few weeks shy of three years ago.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/31/2015, 6:34 pm

Holy crap, it's been three years? Man, time flies. I hope her daughter is gonna be okay. I read she had issues but damn, she is so young.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/1/2015, 10:36 am

joey con carne wrote:Holy crap, it's been three years? Man, time flies. I hope her daughter is gonna be okay. I read she had issues but damn, she is so young.

Doesn't look like she's gonna make it.

Whitney Houston's daughter Bobbi Kristina has "significantly diminished" brain function and doctors have told her family it does not look good.

She is currently on a ventilator but we're told tests have determined her brain function is alarmingly low.  

Bobbi Kristina's dad, Bobby Brown, is at her bedside.

Doctors have told the family they should continue hoping and praying, but the signs are not good.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/1/2015, 12:43 pm

Whoa. The local newspaper says she's stable. Maybe they didn't get the memo yet. That sucks. Shocked
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/1/2015, 4:12 pm

Stable doesn't necessarily mean good. Just means they've been able to stop her from competely dieing, and are able to keep her there.

She's still fucked though.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/1/2015, 7:11 pm

Thank you Pete Caroll! I haven't laughed like that in forever!!!! I live deep in SeaChicken country so all I've heard endlessly is how perfect they are and how they can't be stopped and somehow they managed to make the worst play call I have seen in a Super Bowl in a very long time. But it was hilarious and just when I thought it couldn't make me laugh any harder the cameras cut to Richard Sherman's reaction and the moment that is made into a gif I demand you people tell me because it was......amazing......

Gronk = Meathead
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/1/2015, 8:35 pm

Seattle gave that game away.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down