BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts Empty Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 12/23/2019, 7:48 am

“I never understood wind,” Trump said. “I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous — if you are into this — tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right?”

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by joey con carne 12/23/2019, 8:37 am

Is he saying the manufacture or windmills causes a lot of pollution?

Doesn't everything?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/23/2019, 9:18 am

Wylde, are you watching all of the movies 2010-2019 that you're picking as favorites?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/23/2019, 9:43 am

joey con carne wrote:Is he saying the manufacture or windmills causes a lot of pollution?

Doesn't everything?

Given the level of full blown fucktardedness, he's probably talking about the windmills themselves and all that toxic wind they create when everybody already knows that coal is the future! It burns so clean!

UltimateMarvel wrote:Wylde, are you watching all of the movies 2010-2019 that you're picking as favorites?

I'm re-watching some favorites and deciding if they belong on the list, while giving others a second chance and seeing a lot for the first time.

Amazon Prime has added more channel deals just like at Black Friday and I added Showtime this morning for $5.50 a month which has given me access to even more movies from 2010-2019.

This list is a lot of work. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/23/2019, 10:13 am

Oh, man, life is so hard. You gotta watch so many movies. The horror!

I purchased a Yamaha RX-385 which arrived on Saturday. Putting it in my living room to power my Polk S20 bookshelf speakers for two-channel TV watching. This baby does 4K HDR passthrough so I am able to finally maximize my Apple TV. Woot woot

Things are looking better and the sound is even better than my Onkyo which I have moved to the basement to power my Polk S10 bookshelf speakers for my PC. Woo woooo
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/23/2019, 10:29 am

joey con carne wrote:Oh, man, life is so hard. You gotta watch so many movies. The horror!

Not all of them have been good man!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/23/2019, 3:02 pm

Nobody ever responded to my Vudu question. Does nobody here use their service? I'm looking at pulling the trigger on some of their UHD holiday sales right now and wanted feedback before I did.

Planet of the Apes Trilogy $19.99 regular $37.
Jurassic Five Movie Collection $29.99 regular $57.
Predator 4 Film Collection $24.99 regular $53.

These seem like good deals but I don't really trust digital lockers and am wondering what would happen to this content when Vudu is inevitably sold.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/23/2019, 6:35 pm

Did you guys like the first one? I thought it was just filled with cheap, loud jump scares throughout the entire movie. Any of the creepy silent parts were ruined by a cheap jump scare. After the third one it just became predictable.

"Okay, this is kind of creepy but the jump scare is coming to ruin it.... Hmm.... where is it?' BOOOOM "Ah, there it is."

Very lazy way to scare people. I'll be downloading this one. Thankfully, I had Moviepass for the first one.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/23/2019, 8:17 pm

joey con carne wrote:Did you guys like the first one? I thought it was just filled with cheap, loud jump scares throughout the entire movie. Any of the creepy silent parts were ruined by a cheap jump scare. After the third one it just became predictable.

"Okay, this is kind of creepy but the jump scare is coming to ruin it.... Hmm.... where is it?' BOOOOM "Ah, there it is."

Very lazy way to scare people. I'll be downloading this one. Thankfully, I had Moviepass for the first one.

What movie? Did you post in the wrong thread?
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/23/2019, 10:15 pm

Rusty wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Did you guys like the first one? I thought it was just filled with cheap, loud jump scares throughout the entire movie. Any of the creepy silent parts were ruined by a cheap jump scare. After the third one it just became predictable.

What movie? Did you post in the wrong thread?

Abe and Joey were both referring to the Quiet Place II trailer I posted at the bottom of the last page.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/23/2019, 10:30 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Abe and Joey were both referring to the Quiet Place II trailer I posted at the bottom of the last page.

Ah. I missed that. Still haven't seen the first one.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/24/2019, 6:14 am

WyldeMan wrote:Nobody ever responded to my Vudu question. Does nobody here use their service? I'm looking at pulling the trigger on some of their UHD holiday sales right now and wanted feedback before I did.

These seem like good deals but I don't really trust digital lockers and am wondering what would happen to this content when Vudu is inevitably sold.

I have a Vudu and Movies Anywhere account. I never purchased anything from them but I use their service to redeem my movie codes. Here is a long explanation:

Movies Anywhere only supports a few studios. Vudu supports, as far as I can tell, all studios. That is, you can redeem any code on Vudu but not on Movies Anywhere. However, Movies Anywhere does allow you to link your Vudu account so any movies supported by Movies Anywhere which are on your Vudu account will automatically appear in your Movies Anywhere account even though you redeemed the code on your Vudu account.

That being said, Movies Anywhere can also link up with Amarzon Prime so all my movies which I redeemed on Vudu, supported by Movies Anywhere, also appear on my Amarzon Prime account.

I don't know what will happen if Vudu or Movies Anywhere or any streaming services get sold. My guess is you will still have access to your movies you purchased but I cannot say for sure. For movies, I still definitely prefer physical media for the full quality. I'm sure streaming has come a long way but definitely bloos are for me.

Rusty wrote:What movie? Did you post in the wrong thread?

WyldeMan wrote:Abe and Joey were both referring to the Quiet Place II trailer I posted at the bottom of the last page.

Rusty wrote:Ah. I missed that. Still haven't seen the first one.

You know what would have been ever doperer? If there was no music track to the first film. Just silence and no jump scares or at least use better jump scares and not just a really loud audio cue.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/24/2019, 8:33 am

Rusty wrote:

Ah. I missed that. Still haven't seen the first one.

Me neither, the trailer just didn't interest me. Not to mention, when a movie is constantly hyped as the "movie of the decade", I know I'll hate it.

joey con carne wrote:I have a Vudu and Movies Anywhere account. I never purchased anything from them but I use their service to redeem my movie codes. Here is a long explanation:

Movies Anywhere only supports a few studios. Vudu supports, as far as I can tell, all studios. That is, you can redeem any code on Vudu but not on Movies Anywhere. However, Movies Anywhere does allow you to link your Vudu account so any movies supported by Movies Anywhere which are on your Vudu account will automatically appear in your Movies Anywhere account even though you redeemed the code on your Vudu account.

That being said, Movies Anywhere can also link up with Amarzon Prime so all my movies which I redeemed on Vudu, supported by Movies Anywhere, also appear on my Amarzon Prime account.

I don't know what will happen if Vudu or Movies Anywhere or any streaming services get sold. My guess is you will still have access to your movies you purchased but I cannot say for sure. For movies, I still definitely prefer physical media for the full quality. I'm sure streaming has come a long way but definitely bloos are for me.

I decided to hold off on paying for the digital movies just yet, the future is too uncertain at this time. Where do you get all your Vudu codes from? When I used to buy dozens of BD titles every weekend at my local pawn shops they always had Vudu codes that I never even tried and now I wish I had because I'd have hundreds of my favorite titles for free if I did. Evil or Very Mad

I believe Vudu is owned by Wal-Mart because they fulfill the physical disc orders placed through Vudu and I wouldn't be surprised to see Amazon take them over too in the next few years. I expect that within ten years everything in America will be owned by Amarzon.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/24/2019, 1:08 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Nobody ever responded to my Vudu question. Does nobody here use their service? I'm looking at pulling the trigger on some of their UHD holiday sales right now and wanted feedback before I did.

Nope, never used Vudu so I'm no help.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/24/2019, 4:34 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Nope, never used Vudu so I'm no help.

That's because you get everything on screener with your name trademarked across it direct from the studio.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/24/2019, 8:48 pm

lol I hate screeners, I always send them back to the studio but they keep on sending them every year. Razz

By the way, Merry Christmas guys! Enjoy the Holidays!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/24/2019, 9:17 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:lol I hate screeners, I always send them back to the studio but they keep on sending them every year.  Razz

By the way, Merry Christmas guys! Enjoy the Holidays!

Just think if your family back on that Pennsylvania Dutch farm you left all those years ago without power could see how ungrateful you've become, sending back free screeners?!!? Your mudder and fodder must be so disappointed....

Happy Atheistmas to you all!!!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/25/2019, 7:30 am

I'm watching Home Alone 2: Lost in New York on Disney Plus and I'm offended they did not edit out Kevin at the World Trade Center. They should be a little more sensitive. I need a safe space.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/25/2019, 7:34 am

joey con carne wrote:I'm watching Home Alone 2: Lost in New York on Disney Plus and I'm offended they did not edit out Kevin at the World Trade Center. They should be a little more sensitive. I need a safe space.

Oh shit! Those insensitive fucks. Did they at least give a warning like they do on their older more "questionable" content?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/25/2019, 11:17 am

No warning at all. Neutral

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/25/2019, 6:37 pm

joey con carne wrote:No warning at all. Neutral

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.

That little bastard was a full blown psychopath. Razz

Home Alone is the origin story of a supervillain.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/26/2019, 12:48 pm

It's like summer in December. 63 degrees right now and will go as high as 67 today. It's a Christmas miracle!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/26/2019, 1:16 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:It's like summer in December. 63 degrees right now and will go as high as 67 today. It's a Christmas miracle!

I'm sitting at 29 degrees right now you braggadocios son of a bitch! Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/26/2019, 7:55 pm

I went to an outlet mall today. Was only supposed to spend three or four hours there but wound up spending about seven. God damn.

Bought a couple of slim-fit chinos for work and got a sweet Perry Ellis coat for $63. Original price of $200 minus 70%. That was the Black Friday price. Yay

It was about 45 here today. Not too bad at all. Would have been better if it was in the 60s, though. Smile
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/26/2019, 8:17 pm

joey con carne wrote:I went to an outlet mall today. Was only supposed to spend three or four hours there but wound up spending about seven. God damn.

Bought a couple of slim-fit chinos for work and got a sweet Perry Ellis coat for $63. Original price of $200 minus 70%. That was the Black Friday price. Yay

It was about 45 here today. Not too bad at all. Would have been better if it was in the 60s, though. Smile

Joseph P. Mallrat. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/28/2019, 8:59 am

Between Watchmen and His Dark Materials it feels like HBO has lost its sanity. Both of these shows make you continuously ask "what the fuck is happening?!?!" but not in a profound Westworld kind of way.

God damned talking armored bears and multiverse magic dust.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2019, 6:34 pm

Apparently, Finn Wolfhard spends all of his time shooting horror movies when he's not shooting Stranger Things.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/29/2019, 7:55 pm

It's like Adam's Family turned horror, she won't make it.

Ford vs Ferrari screener is now available and for the first time EVER, in 1080p quality-ish. If more screeners are like this from now on then I'm down!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/1/2020, 6:05 pm

Happy New Year guys!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/1/2020, 7:42 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Happy New Year guys!

Happy New Years, what movies are you most looking forward to in 2020?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/2/2020, 11:49 am

Movies that come to mind are Tenet, Wonder Woman 84, and Black Widow. What's yours?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/2/2020, 1:26 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Movies that come to mind are Tenet, Wonder Woman 84, and Black Widow. What's yours?

According to my list here, my interest in 2020 movie releases would appear to be entirely in sequels, prequels and a reboot.

It's kind of funny that of these eight releases, Ghostbusters and The Purge 5 open the exact same day and Dune and Coming 2 America do as well. No need to spread the releases out.

It would also seem that the first half of 2020's releases don't interest me.

Top Gun: Maverick (June 26, 2020)
Ghostbusters: Afterlife (July 10, 2020)
The Purge 5 (July 10, 2020)
Bill & Ted Face the Music (August 21, 2020)
The Many Saints of Newark (September 25, 2020)
Godzilla vs Kong (November 20, 2020)
Dune (December 18, 2020)
Coming 2 America (December 18, 2020)

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/2/2020, 7:38 pm

What happened to the spoiler button?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/2/2020, 8:15 pm

Tyger wrote:What happened to the spoiler button?

Spoiler:

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/2/2020, 9:08 pm

I don’t see it, I can manually enter the code, but it doesn’t look the way I was thinking
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/2/2020, 10:25 pm

Tyger wrote:I don’t see it, I can manually enter the code, but it doesn’t look the way I was thinking

When you click on the spoiler button it drops down a little blank box that says "title (optional)" but you don't put anything, just click the "insert" button and it drops the tags for you. It has always looked the same, I'm not a fan of it but it's all we've got.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/3/2020, 12:14 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:I don’t see it, I can manually enter the code, but it doesn’t look the way I was thinking

When you click on the spoiler button it drops down a little blank box that says "title (optional)" but you don't put anything, just click the "insert" button and it drops the tags for you. It has always looked the same, I'm not a fan of it but it's all we've got.

Yeah, that's what I do and it's working for me as well. I rarely use it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/3/2020, 2:29 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Yeah, that's what I do and it's working for me as well. I rarely use it.

Getting pissed over spoilers is for the fools over at the Blu-ray.com forums.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/3/2020, 4:42 pm

I told the mods there what you said about them being fools.

You are now double-secret banned on the blu-ray.com forums.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/3/2020, 7:33 pm

joey con carne wrote:I told the mods there what you said about them being fools.

You are now double-secret banned on the blu-ray.com forums.

Random Thoughts ActiveSmallEagle-size_restricted

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2020, 6:22 pm

Back to the Future will forever be my all time favorite time traveling incestuous comedy, sorry Hot Tub Time Machine. Razz

Lea Thompson was an 80s gift of kink that just kept giving.  Twisted Evil

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/4/2020, 6:36 pm

So true, the only woman to make me jealous of an anthropomorphic duck
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2020, 6:54 pm

Tyger wrote:So true, the only woman to make me jealous of an anthropomorphic duck

She clearly had no issues with kink, she proved it again and again in her youth. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/5/2020, 8:22 pm

Rust, are you surviving all right? I see your prison colony has over 200 active fires and I read that half a billion animals have already died.

What the hell is going on down there?

Random Thoughts Enjtlu10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/5/2020, 10:19 pm

Yeah it's fucked. I'm OK. Nothing too close to me, but depending on the wind direction there are days I can't see 100 metres down the road because of the smoke.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next