BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+4
Tyger
joey con carne
UltimateMarvel
Gamma626
8 posters

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 5/25/2015, 9:20 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just watched the movie Predestination. Has anyone here seen this yet? What the fuck?!

About six months back I watched it, still don't know what in the fuck I watched. Never quite seen the whole in breeders "I'm my own Grandpa" story done quite like that one.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/26/2015, 7:11 am

For real, man. That was one weird and fucked up movie. I watched it with one of my buddies and we are still reeling from what we saw. It's not even a "I'm my own Grandpa". It's so much more messed up than that on so many levels. *shiver*
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/26/2015, 9:25 pm

joey con carne wrote:For real, man. That was one weird and fucked up movie. I watched it with one of my buddies and we are still reeling from what we saw. It's not even a "I'm my own Grandpa". It's so much more messed up than that on so many levels. *shiver*

My mind felt so raped afterwards, I just don't know what the fuck they were going for, I mean...what the fuck..............

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/1/2015, 7:56 am

This dude seems very intent on getting to Mila......

Mila Kunis Stalker Escapes Mental Health Facility
Investigators are searching for Stuart Lynn Dunn after his Saturday escape

A man twice convicted of stalking actress Mila Kunis has escaped the secure mental facility where he was being treated on Saturday.

Stuart Lynn Dunn escaped the Pomona facility at about 8 p.m. Saturday night and Kunis has since been notified, according to the L.A. Times.

After pleading no contest to a felony stalking charge in January 2013, Dunn was placed in the facility under the supervision Los Angeles County Probation Department.

Dunn was previously arrested in May 2012 for stalking Kunis in the parking lot of her gym for three consecutive days. He was also ordered to stay away from the actress for three years after breaking into one of her vacant homes and temporarily living there.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/1/2015, 10:41 am

Damn! Better find him quick, if the police watch her back on public appearances then they'll apprehend him really quick. lol! I don't think his obsession has gone away.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/3/2015, 8:32 am

I got on the subway line I take every morning to go to work and the entire train on the inside and outside were lined completely as a giant advertisement for the show Power. The doors, seats, walls, everything. Everything was covered in a giant sticker that advertised the show. Really, really cool. Must have taken a long time to do as well as everything was cut and lined up very accurately.

And that Mila Kunis stalker. What a fuggin' psycho. Speaking of Mila Kunis, why isn't she in the new Ted movie? How did they write her out? I thought the characters were married.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/3/2015, 12:46 pm

joey con carne wrote:I got on the subway line I take every morning to go to work and the entire train on the inside and outside were lined completely as a giant advertisement for the show Power. The doors, seats, walls, everything. Everything was covered in a giant sticker that advertised the show. Really, really cool. Must have taken a long time to do as well as everything was cut and lined up very accurately.

And that Mila Kunis stalker. What a fuggin' psycho. Speaking of Mila Kunis, why isn't she in the new Ted movie? How did they write her out? I thought the characters were married.

Power is a seriously bad ass series but whats it gonna take for you to get on board? They gave you a damn train to literally get on board of....

Didn't Mila just have a kid or something?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 6/4/2015, 9:24 am

joey con carne wrote:Just watched the movie Predestination. Has anyone here seen this yet? What the fuck?!

Still need to see this film.

Really liked the previous Sprieg Bros/Ethan Hawke collaboration, Daybreakers.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/4/2015, 2:51 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:

Still  need to see this film.

Really liked the previous Sprieg Bros/Ethan Hawke collaboration, Daybreakers.

Yeah it's nothing even remotely like Daybreakers, a film which I did enjoy by the way.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/4/2015, 5:09 pm

I liked Daybreakers and Predestination
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/4/2015, 5:13 pm

Tyger wrote:I liked Daybreakers and Predestination

Then maybe you can explain Predestination to us.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/8/2015, 6:47 pm

Hey! Check this out

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/netflix-distribution-deal-game-changer-article-1.2250965

Netflix got Brad Pitt's new movie War Machine. Didn't you guys talk about this a while back? I can't find the thread (on this forum or the old one) but I swear at one point you guys were talking about this when it was just a rumor. Well, looks like it happened. This is definitely a game changer as the article states.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/8/2015, 7:08 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:I liked Daybreakers and Predestination
Then maybe you can explain Predestination to us.

I'm gonna watch Predestination tonight...will chime back in and give my thoughts.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/8/2015, 7:34 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:I'm gonna watch Predestination tonight...will chime back in and give my thoughts.

Please do. The movie is one giant "wtf" for me. Wylde, too, I think. LOL
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/8/2015, 7:43 pm

I had to tap out 25 minutes in because my sleep apnea is kicking my ass and I can't stay awake.

Got to the part where Jane is being interviewed for some program and I keep dozing off.

I'm completely lost already thinking this was about Ethan Hawke's character and now it's about some other chick.  I dunno.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/8/2015, 10:04 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:I'm completely lost already thinking this was about Ethan Hawke's character and now it's about some other chick.  I dunno.

So how'd that work out for ya?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/8/2015, 10:25 pm

Doesn't get much more random than this...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/8/2015, 10:59 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
GrooThePerverted wrote:I'm completely lost already thinking this was about Ethan Hawke's character and now it's about some other chick.  I dunno.

So how'd that work out for ya?

I'm back on the movie again.  1/2 through it.  "The Unmarried Mother" (who I am going to go out on a limb and say is Ethan Hawke's character in the future) just started talking about how after having the baby, she was changed to a man because she had basically two sets of internal organs, male and female, and so after pulling the baby from her via C-section, that prick doctor made the decision FOR her and turned her to a man.

Just found out she's now no longer "Shooting blanks" and is telling Hawke's character about how she went to re-sign up for Space Corp but they marked her unfit for duty.

The basic premise of this is that Hawke's character (if I'm following right) is the guy from the beginning who fucked up and got burned all to hell.  They told him that he's done now and can't do the job anymore, so now he's gotta go back and recruit his younger self to take up the job.

If that is correct, then I'm assuming the "unmarried mother" (which is all she's referred to in the credits) is actually Ethan Hawke.  Although ...no that doesn't make sense because...well, maybe it does depending on the timeline and how long between where she's at in her story (being rejected a 2nd time from Space Corp) and Hawke's getting the job as a bartender.  Maybe there's time for her to now look like Hawke in the timeline.

Back to the movie.  It's definitely interesting and nothing like I imagined.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/9/2015, 12:09 am

Wow. Okay. I um...I finished it, I guess.  Excellent movie.  Weird as fuck.

Sooooooooo Ethan Hawke is the mother and the father of himself.

That's not at all strange.

Also the "I'm my own grandpa" song is a bit on the nose for my taste.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/9/2015, 12:16 am

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jane!

Random Thoughts - Page 15 Sarah-Snook
Random Thoughts - Page 15 Sarah%20Snook
Random Thoughts - Page 15 0sarah-snook-1
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/9/2015, 9:41 am

She had a bit part in the movie These Final Hours (good movie, by the way). I didn't even realize it was the same girl and I watched the movies just days apart.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/9/2015, 6:59 pm

Degrassi is the show that just won't end....Netflix is taking over.

I remember watching the original Degrassi back when I was about 11 or 12 then I caught a little bit of the Next Gen when it first started and now that NG is ending after 14 seasons, Netflix has suddenly stepped in to launch yet another Degrassi series titled Degrassi: Next Class.

Netflix is all over the map, snatching up all kinds of new shows and movies.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/9/2015, 10:05 pm

Netflix is becoming not only a distributor but also a cineplex. It will be interesting to see what happens with them in the future.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/9/2015, 10:19 pm

joey con carne wrote:Netflix is becoming not only a distributor but also a cineplex. It will be interesting to see what happens with them in the future.

Netflix and Amazon will merge to become the world's most dominant super power.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/10/2015, 11:49 am

So I've mentioned before how I like this show on Shade45 called Sway's Universe, hosted by Sway Calloway.

His interviews are almost always great, and here he's interviewing Ethan Hawke about Boyhood and Gattaca and others.

Interesting tidbit when talking about Boyhood, that they could not legally contract the actors for the movie, because apparently you can't contract for more than 7 years.

I'd never heard that and I wonder if they just had to do two 7-year contracts or how they got around it.

Also someone writes in and compliments Gattaca and he said at the time that they couldn't find a single review blurb that was positive in order to put it on the poster. lol.  That's fucked because that movie is great.

GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/10/2015, 11:53 am

Here's an article about it.  It's called the "De Havilland Law".  The actors signed NO contracts.

http://fordhamiplj.org/archives/7329

How California Labor Law Made Boyhood an Even Riskier Venture

This Sunday, millions of viewers tuned into the annual Academy Awards telecast to see which of this year’s nominees would win the industry’s top prize. As with all award ceremonies that dole out honors based on subjective criteria, the days (and now, thanks to Twitter, moments) following the Oscars bring on a barrage of passionate opinions, explanations, and theories for the wins and losses of the night.

Without comment on the artistic value or social contributions of the Best Picture nominees, from a legal standpoint, the makers of “Boyhood” accomplished something no other film in the category attempted: they shot the movie without contractual guarantees that their stars would remain involved for the entire 12-year shoot. Under Section 2855 of the California Labor Code, a “contract to render personal service,” like the kind actors and actresses typically ink before a movie, may not be enforced beyond seven (calendar) years from its start date.

Although the law has been on the California books, in its earliest form, since 1872 in the Civil Code (later streamlined and recodified in 1937 under the Labor Code), the law is commonly referred to as the “De Havilland Law” after actress Olivia De Havilland (who won the Oscar for Best Actress in 1947 and 1950). In 1944, the actress successfully sued Warner Brothers, which sought enforcement of her seven-year contract to include the length of various suspensions she accumulated over the contract term. See De Havilland v. Warner Brothers.

Until this decision, studios exercised a great deal of power in extending the length of contracts by adding suspension periods to the end of the contract term, which effectively kept many young, up-and-coming stars under exclusive employ for longer than seven years.
Today, the “De Havilland Law” is an underlying doctrine of entertainment law drafting, yet rarely plays a role in the creation of contracts for movie actors; the 12-year “Boyhood” shoot stands out among the typical, studio-produced films that seek prompt returns on often-large budgets. In fact, a large part of the movie’s critical acclaim focused on this uniquely longer timeline in storytelling. Thus, without the ability to contractually obligate his actors, director Richard Linklater had to sell the experience of making the movie, especially for the young male actor, Ellar Coltrane, that Linklater cast as the main subject of the story.

In an interview with New York Times Magazine, Linklater said that the goal was for Coltrane and his parents to view the role as “a positive thing in his life and a fun thing to be involved in every year.”
It is unclear what, if any, contracts were created for the main cast. Linklater’s longtime lawyer and “Boyhood” producer John Sloss explained in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter: “You sign everyone six ways to Sunday but…after seven years, they can just do what they want.” The De Havilland Law [url=http://www.kattenlaw.com/files/48984_Spotlight_on_Entertainment_and_Media Law_Personal_Service_With_a Smile_A_History_of_Californias_Seven_Year_Rule.pdf]does not prohibit the creation[/url] of a contract that can last beyond seven years, but rather, the enforcement of that contract after the seven years have lapsed, so it is certainly possible that each of the actors signed agreements at the film’s outset.

However, an NPR interview with Ethan Hawke (who was nominated in the Best Supporting Actor category for his role in the movie) seems to indicate no contracts were made at all: “We never had any deals. It was just, ‘Do you want to get together on Wednesday and keep doing this project?’” Regardless, the producers’ inability to guarantee their cast through the completion of filming marks an infrequent appearance of the De Havilland Law’s effect on movie making.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/10/2015, 11:57 am

GrooThePerverted wrote:Interesting tidbit when talking about Boyhood, that they could not legally contract the actors for the movie, because apparently you can't contract for more than 7 years.

I'd never heard that and I wonder if they just had to do two 7-year contracts or how they got around it.

There probably isn't a precedent for something like that to happen. Can't say I've ever heard of any film taking 7 years to make, let alone 12!

The actors took no money for it either, I remember Patricia Arquette commenting after her Golden Globe win that she'd paid more to her babysitters and dogwalkers during the time making it than she earned but it didn't matter to her because it's about the work and not the money. So not only did these guys work on a movie for 12 years with contractual issues but they also made it for $4 million.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/10/2015, 5:57 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:Also someone writes in and compliments Gattaca and he said at the time that they couldn't find a single review blurb that was positive in order to put it on the poster. lol.  That's fucked because that movie is great.
Gattaca is actually my favorite film. True story.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 6/11/2015, 9:20 am

Tyger wrote:
GrooThePerverted wrote:Also someone writes in and compliments Gattaca and he said at the time that they couldn't find a single review blurb that was positive in order to put it on the poster. lol.  That's fucked because that movie is great.
Gattaca is actually my favorite film. True story.

Gattaca was truly ahead of it's time, criminally underrated.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/11/2015, 3:48 pm

I know I saw Gattaca when it first came out but I was probably too young to grasp it. Being a Hawke fan, I should get around to it again sometime. They don't ever show that movie on cable though.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/11/2015, 4:09 pm

Groo with another great sig pic. Been giggling at it for the past 10 minutes.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/11/2015, 4:27 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Groo with another great sig pic. Been giggling at it for the past 10 minutes.
Razz
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/12/2015, 6:33 am

Agreed with Rusty. That pic is really good. Do you have any others like that? I'll have to try and find more.

Edit: I found two. One is a little more extended.

Random Thoughts - Page 15 5zL1RbR Random Thoughts - Page 15 HNGm4O6
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/12/2015, 8:27 am

Groo how the hell do you host the gif files? Whenever I upload them here they are just still images.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/12/2015, 9:09 am

I dunno about Groo but I use imgur. Can you see mine? Are mine still? They should be animated.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/12/2015, 9:31 am

joey con carne wrote:I dunno about Groo but I use imgur. Can you see mine? Are mine still? They should be animated.

Yours is moving too. Mine never does anything and I use Imgur too. I wonder if they only look frozen to me for a short time or if they start moving after being posted. Do you guys  use the image upload button here or is there one for gifs I'm missing? When I host my images on imgur they convert to from gif to jpeg.

See.

Random Thoughts - Page 15 Ray-do11

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/12/2015, 10:05 am

On imgur, if you upload an animated gif, you have to set it to "original". They will not be animated if you change the size of the pictures. That may be the reason yours are not animated.

I use (on imgur.com) the function where you click your user name --> images -->and then you can choose "Computer" or "Web". I upload them from my PC. I always save GIFs first and then upload from my computer.

Incidentally, your Ray Donovan picture is coming from https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/17/67/44/74/ray-do11.jpg. My pictures have the imgur domain. What's up with that?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/12/2015, 11:17 am

I directly copy the image locations from wherever I find them.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/12/2015, 11:44 am

Son of a bitch.........I've always used the Host image function but I tried the other one directly next to it titled "insert an image" and it linked right to it. Apparently I can only get them to post if I hotlink.

Oh well at least it works.

Random Thoughts - Page 15 Voigt-dance-6

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/12/2015, 11:55 am

Ninja Turtles star Ernie Reyes Jr. 'fighting for life' in hospital after kidney failure

The actor turned MMA fighter appeared in the first movie as Donatello before portraying pizza delivery boy Keno in the second movie

Random Thoughts - Page 15 Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-II-star-Ernie-Reyes-Jr-is-fighting-for-his-life-in-hospital-after-severe-kidney-failure-mai

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles star Ernie Reyes Jr. has been rushed to hospital after suffering severe kidney failure.

The former action star turned MMA fighter, who played Donatello and Keno in the 90s films, is in need of a kidney transplant after his began to fail in March.

His family have set up a fundraising page to help raise money to cover his treatment.

His sister Destiny Reyes told the New York Post: "Ernie is currently undergoing dialysis treatment three times per week for four hours a day while waiting for a kidney transplant."

Ernie appeared in the first movie as purple turtle Donatello before he portrayed pizza delivery boy Keno in the second movie.

The 43-year-old also appeared in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Rush Hour 2 in 2001 and most recently starred in NCIS: Los Angeles as Jemadar Thapa.

Previously speaking about his role in the famous films, he said: "I’d have to say that working on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the first film, was definitely a highlight – which turned into me being taken out of the costume by the producers and written into the sequel as a live action character.

"That was a pretty spectacular moment in time, being part of something that was so big and so loved by a generation of kids. It was phenomenal to be a part of that and to see everybody’s response to the films and to the franchise as a whole."
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/12/2015, 12:25 pm

Just posted about that in the TMNT thread, sad news. It'd be a shame if he couldn't get $75k when people throw millions at Zach Braff to make his indie bullshit.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/12/2015, 3:10 pm

Randy Howard was an old outlaw country musician that I saw on tour with Hank Williams III years back but I just read that he was shot and killed by a bounty hunter earlier this week in his home when he refused to go back to prison. He was a fast livin hard druggin kind of guy and he lived that life right to the sad end but he went out exactly like he wanted according to reports. He put on a good show and his legacy will live on amongst the country music outlaws. RIP Randy Howard.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/12/2015, 4:17 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Just posted about that in the TMNT thread, sad news. It'd be a shame if he couldn't get $75k when people throw millions at Zach Braff to make his indie bullshit.

I agree. Couldn't some celebs cash in to help out. I don't know why celebs don't help other celebs in situations like this. I know he's not a big time actor but they're the only ones who can help out in a timely manner. Donations work too but it's not always guaranteed, is it?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/12/2015, 7:14 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Just posted about that in the TMNT thread, sad news. It'd be a shame if he couldn't get $75k when people throw millions at Zach Braff to make his indie bullshit.

I agree. Couldn't some celebs cash in to help out. I don't know why celebs don't help other celebs in situations like this. I know he's not a big time actor but they're the only ones who can help out in a timely manner. Donations work too but it's not always guaranteed, is it?

The only guarantee in medicine is that they all include the same side effect, death.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/13/2015, 6:24 am

Dave Grohl Breaks a Leg But Goes on With the Show
Random Thoughts - Page 15 Dave-g10

Dave Grohl proved that the show must go on no matter what.

The Foo Fighters frontman plunged off the stage during a show in Gothenburg, Sweden, on Friday in front of thousands of fans — but miraculously even a broken leg didn’t stop the music.

“I think I just broke my leg. I’m going to go to hospital. I’m going to fix my leg and then I’m going to come back,” Grohl told the audience after his heavy fall during an energetic rendition of “Monkey Wrench.”

Medics whisked the singer away as drummer Taylor Hawkins distracted the concerned crowd, reported The Guardian, however the pause in the performance was short-lived.

Grohl was soon back on stage with an EMT helping to prop up his bandaged leg. “I may not be able to walk or run but I can still play guitar and scream,” he said.

Foo Fighters head to the U.K. next week to play London’s Wembley Stadium June 19 and 20, and Glastonbury Festival on 26 June.

The “Everlong” rockers had the honor of being David Letterman‘s last musical guests on “The Late Show with David Letterman” before the CBS late-night legend retired on May 20.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next