BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+2
joey con carne
ForeverBlu
6 posters

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by joey con carne 1/26/2018, 9:38 pm

Adam Hicks was arrested on suspicion of armed robbery. I'm not familiar with his work but he's a former Disney star and was recently on Freakish (Hulu).

Warrants served on his and his girlfriend's residence netted stolen property from their victims.

What a dumbass.

http://people.com/crime/disney-star-arrested-who-is-adam-hicks/
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2018, 6:03 am

joey con carne wrote:Adam Hicks was arrested on suspicion of armed robbery. I'm not familiar with his work but he's a former Disney star and was recently on Freakish (Hulu).

Warrants served on his and his girlfriend's residence netted stolen property from their victims.

Every Disney star ends up either a whore or a total fuck up of a criminal.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/27/2018, 11:28 am

lol I like fish but never had sushi before.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2018, 12:23 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:lol I like fish but never had sushi before.

Eating fish raw, like I'm some kind of bird. No way...humans discovered fire so they didn't have to eat uncooked meat anymore.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/27/2018, 12:51 pm

Damn, you guys are missing out. Japanese cuisine is the bomb.

Do you guys ever eat any kinds of foods outside your own culture? What are your favorites?

I love Japanese, Icelandic, and Indian foods. Oooooh I'm so cool.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/27/2018, 1:51 pm

Seafood is an oxymoron
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2018, 2:15 pm

joey con carne wrote:Damn, you guys are missing out. Japanese cuisine is the bomb.

Do you guys ever eat any kinds of foods outside your own culture? What are your favorites?

I love Italian food. I tend to use beef more than chicken with these dishes but it depends on which I feel like.

The rest of my meals are nearly always something with chicken. I don't eat chicken of the sea, I eat chicken of the land.

Haggis and raw fish seem equally appealing to me.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/27/2018, 4:06 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Damn, you guys are missing out. Japanese cuisine is the bomb.

I love Italian food. I tend to use beef more than chicken with these dishes but it depends on which I feel like.

The rest of my meals are nearly always something with chicken. I don't eat chicken of the sea, I eat chicken of the land.

Haggis and raw fish seem equally appealing to me.

I eat fish, but not raw. That's crazy. I catch my own - my Dad and I own a van down by a river - we throw the boat in, chug up river, and fish. We also throw out the crab pots for some lovely mud-crabs. I never buy seafood though. That shit sucks. If I don't catch it, I don't eat it.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/27/2018, 4:17 pm

I don't like Indian food but my family does. I like Chinese. I've been to the far east of the world and tried different foods. Hey, if it tastes good I'll eat it. lol

Rusty wrote:I eat fish, but not raw. That's crazy. I catch my own - my Dad and I own a van down by a river - we throw the boat in, chug up river, and fish. We also throw out the crab pots for some lovely mud-crabs. I never buy seafood though. That shit sucks. If I don't catch it, I don't eat it.

Same. I don't think I could eat it raw even if I tried but I would try out sushi.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2018, 5:45 pm

Rusty wrote:I eat fish, but not raw. That's crazy. I catch my own - my Dad and I own a van down by a river - we throw the boat in, chug up river, and fish. We also throw out the crab pots for some lovely mud-crabs. I never buy seafood though. That shit sucks. If I don't catch it, I don't eat it.

I love fishing but not eating them so if I do keep em, I smoke em and give em away. But paying for the "privilege to eat raw", hell no, that's something city folks do.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/29/2018, 8:29 am

Currently at my house waiting for the internet guy to come hook me up. Said he was coming at 10:30am and now its freakin' 11:30am and he just texted saying he will be here in an hour.

If the internet wasn't so cheap I would be even more angry.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/29/2018, 8:59 am

joey con carne wrote:Currently at my house waiting for the internet guy to come hook me up. Said he was coming at 10:30am and now its freakin' 11:30am and he just texted saying he will be here in an hour.

If the internet wasn't so cheap I would be even more angry.

Keep an eye on that guy, they're mostly ex-cons since for some reason in-home installation seems like a great fit for our countries felons and guys like Abe.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/29/2018, 9:07 am

The line was already done. The guy who pulled the line to the outside of my house was cool. Nothing to steal unless he wanted pieces of drywall LOL

This guy is just coming by to activate my service and then collect the cost of service. Is all good. I cant wait to test out the speed. I think I'm getting 150mbps internet.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/29/2018, 9:40 am

joey con carne wrote:The line was already done. The guy who pulled the line to the outside of my house was cool. Nothing to steal unless he wanted pieces of drywall LOL

This guy is just coming by to activate my service and then collect the cost of service. Is all good. I cant wait to test out the speed. I think I'm getting 150mbps internet.

Just cause they don't rob you on the first go doesn't mean they weren't casing the place. Evil or Very Mad

Ooooohhhh 150mbps and all you gotta do is live in Queens.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/29/2018, 10:06 am

Not in Queens no mo. Going to be moving to Long Island.

Here are my recent wireless speed tests from my mobile phone.

Random Thoughts - Page 15 6sQ7eBAl
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/29/2018, 8:03 pm

joey con carne wrote:Not in Queens no mo. Going to be moving to Long Island.

Here are my recent wireless speed tests from my mobile phone.

Spoiler:

I get 26 down, 14 up Sad
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/29/2018, 8:06 pm

Rusty wrote:I get 26 down, 14 up Sad

I used to get speeds like that until I upgraded my modem, now I'm around 102mbps. Though I seem to recall reading about all kinds of restrictions on Australia's internet last year.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/29/2018, 8:09 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:I get 26 down, 14 up Sad

I used to get speeds like that until I upgraded my modem, now I'm around 102mbps. Though I seem to recall reading about all kinds of restrictions on Australia's internet last year.

Our internet infrastructure is fucking terrible, and the plans are fucking expensive.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/29/2018, 9:49 pm

I acknowledge I am very fortunate to have this internet speed. It's certainly not the fastest available here but it's excellent and not too expensive.

I'm pretty surprised to hear Australia's internet infrastructure isn't great. Australia is absolutely not a "poor" country by any stretch of the imagination so I figured they would meet or exceed the US in terms of connectivity. I do want to ask, though, is are you in a major city Russ? Do the big cities have better internet speeds?

One of my friends has 940/880 internet. That shit is crazy. The only reason he has those speeds is because there was a steep discount promotion.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/29/2018, 10:55 pm

joey con carne wrote:I acknowledge I am very fortunate to have this internet speed. It's certainly not the fastest available here but it's excellent and not too expensive.

I'm pretty surprised to hear Australia's internet infrastructure isn't great. Australia is absolutely not a "poor" country by any stretch of the imagination so I figured they would meet or exceed the US in terms of connectivity. I do want to ask, though, is are you in a major city Russ? Do the big cities have better internet speeds?

One of my friends has 940/880 internet. That shit is crazy. The only reason he has those speeds is because there was a steep discount promotion.

Inner City is better, but in general it's a steaming pile of shit. The infrastructure upgrade has been mired by the usual political bullshit. Election bullshit and arse politicians. Same shit, different day.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/innovation/life-in-the-slow-lane-australia-has-slower-internet-than-kenya-20171003-gytril.html
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/29/2018, 11:40 pm

That article is pretty interesting. Sounds like there was some terrible planning with that whole idea.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/30/2018, 7:06 am

joey con carne wrote:That article is pretty interesting. Sounds like there was some terrible planning with that whole idea.

They did their best for a prison colony. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/4/2018, 4:44 pm

Anybody Super Bowling?

Go sports team!
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/4/2018, 4:56 pm

I am watching. Eagles leading 15-12.

Monster plays on both sides. Commercials are eh. Saw the new one for Solo. Whack.

Danny McBride and Chris Hemsworth did a funny commercial for Australia Airlines. I thought it was a new Dundee movie until I saw Australia Airlines. LOL pretty funny.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/4/2018, 5:15 pm

Good first half.

I must say, as a near 40 year old man myself, Tom Brady runs like a 40 year old man
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/4/2018, 6:00 pm

I don't watch football.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/4/2018, 6:16 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't watch football.

The only NFL I watch is the Super Bowl.

I use to enjoy college football. The atmosphere was fantastic, but my access to it is too limited.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/4/2018, 6:34 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't watch football.
Yea, well, football doesn't watch you, either! What do you think about that??? HUH??????? Razz

I am like Russ. I only watch the Superbowl. I can't name a single player on either team except Tom Brady.

I didn't even know it was Eagles vs Patriots until this past Tuesday.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/4/2018, 6:46 pm

joey con carne wrote:

I am like Russ. I only watch the Superbowl. I can't name a single player on either team except Tom Brady.

I didn't even know it was Eagles vs Patriots until this past Tuesday.

Same. I only know Brady and Gronk. And the only reason I know Gronk is because "gronk" is a very popular Aussie slang word from my childhood, which means loser/dickhead/douche, etc.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/4/2018, 6:55 pm

Thank you. "Gronk" has now been added to my vocabulary.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/4/2018, 7:38 pm

I love how they keep saying they are "world champions" when the only people who play American football are... AMERICANS! LOL Sure. World champions.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/5/2018, 7:00 am

joey con carne wrote:I love how they keep saying they are "world champions" when the only people who play American football are... AMERICANS! LOL Sure. World champions.

All sports have a World Championship trophy or title, it's the human hubris that requires us to try to conquer the world in everything we do.

I used to LOVE football, I grew up playing from kindergarten through high school, I watched it religiously but somewhere along the way it stopped mattering to me. Watching it was even harder with all the players now made of glass, not playing because of made up bullshit like "turf toe" and the constant rule changes that took all the fun out of the game.

How things have changed......I didn't even know the Super Bowl was yesterday until I read your discussion of it. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/5/2018, 7:20 am

SpaceX gets approval for Falcon Heavy launch, and it’s happening tomorrow
Random Thoughts - Page 15 Falcon10
Nearly seven full years since it announced plans for the Falcon Heavy rocket, SpaceX is finally poised to actually deliver on its promise to launch its colossal vehicle into space. The company has received the all-important approval from federal officials to send its rocket skyward and it’s all going down tomorrow, for better or worse.

SpaceX initially planned to launch the Heavy as early as 2013, though it quickly became clear that it had bitten off far more than it could chew. Numerous delays and setbacks followed, the latest of which was the shutdown of the US government which caused a hiccup in the testing schedule for the Falcon Heavy’s engines. But that’s all in the past now, and all that’s left to do is see whether or not the launch ends in success, utter catastrophe, or somewhere in between.

The Falcon Heavy launch window will open at 1:30 pm EST on Tuesday, and the spacecraft will be awaiting the all-clear from its spot on pad 39A at the Kennedy Space Center on Merritt Island in Florida. The launch window will remain open for a period of two and a half hours, closing at approximately 4:00 pm EST. Officials are hopeful that the weather will play nice with that time slot, and the US Air Force is forecasting an 80% chance of calm skies.

All eyes will be on SpaceX tomorrow, but it’s worth remembering that head man Elon Musk has been very careful to temper expectations regarding the outcome of the launch. If everything goes perfectly, the Falcon Heavy will send Musk’s own Tesla Roadster into a hyperbolic orbit around the Sun, but not even Musk himself is actually expecting SpaceX to pull it off.

“There’s a lot of risk associated with the Falcon Heavy, a real good chance that vehicle does not make it to orbit,” Musk told those at the 2017 International Space Station Research and Development conference . “I hope it makes it far enough away from the pad that it doesn’t cause pad damage. I would consider even that a win, to be honest.”

It took SpaceX many, many tries to get its Falcon 9 to the relatively reliable state the platform is in today, and even though the Heavy is more or less just three Falcon 9 rockets strapped to each other, there’s an incredible number of things that could go wrong.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/6/2018, 7:37 pm

Both landed back safely. This was cool to see!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/6/2018, 9:39 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Both landed back safely. This was cool to see!

Elon Musk continues to be the coolest nerd alive.

Cool Cool Cool

Random Thoughts - Page 15 Landing2
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/7/2018, 4:18 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Elon Musk continues to be the coolest nerd alive.

This is what he said to reporters before launch "I would consider it a win if it just clears the pad and doesn’t blow the pad to smithereens." lol I thought that was funny.

He is pretty cool. He just made flamethrowers that looked like guns too and they were sold out already. Apparently this is something he promised he would make a while back and he just did.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/7/2018, 6:44 pm

Is Elon Musk like the real-life version of Tony Stark?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/7/2018, 6:50 pm

joey con carne wrote:Is Elon Musk like the real-life version of Tony Stark?

Accept for not being a drunk who made his money through war, sure Elon Musk is a far more altruistic real life version of Tony Stark. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/8/2018, 12:05 pm

Electrical, plumbing, and final construction inspections have all gone without a hitch. Now I just need to bring in the electrical inspection certificate and wait for the plumber to let the town know I'm done. Yay. My stress level just went from FUCK to SWEET.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/8/2018, 3:02 pm

joey con carne wrote:Electrical, plumbing, and final construction inspections have all gone without a hitch. Now I just need to bring in the electrical inspection certificate and wait for the plumber to let the town know I'm done. Yay. My stress level just went from FUCK to SWEET.

Random Thoughts - Page 15 AEhEJHf
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/8/2018, 4:30 pm

joey con carne wrote:Electrical, plumbing, and final construction inspections have all gone without a hitch. Now I just need to bring in the electrical inspection certificate and wait for the plumber to let the town know I'm done. Yay. My stress level just went from FUCK to SWEET.

Congrats. Just don't leave the stove on and burn it all down Twisted Evil

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/8/2018, 4:35 pm

Rusty wrote:

Congrats. Just don't leave the stove on and burn it all down  Twisted Evil

Random Thoughts - Page 15 Giphy
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/8/2018, 9:38 pm

Thanks, guys. It's been a long road and I'm finally starting to see a slight glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Time to play some Left 4 Dead 2 and then sleep.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/8/2018, 9:51 pm

Congrats! Insulation all done? Was it expensive and how long did it take to do that and then put up drywall?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/9/2018, 1:27 pm

Insulation was done back in December. It is not expensive and takes a few hours to put in all the insulation. Drywall is another story. That's more complicated because you have to measure for outlets and cut openings for them. To drywall my house, first floor and basement, took about a week. It was done in large chunks. First floor took about three days. Basement took about another three days. Give or take.

You thinking about renovating? Make sure you get good and reliable people.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next