BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+2
joey con carne
ForeverBlu
6 posters

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 9 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 10/31/2017, 10:44 am

joey con carne wrote:I can't say I've heard of Anthony Rapp before. His face is familiar, though.

I was reading the morning paper about this Manafort situation and he is accused of pocketing tens of millions of dollars from Ukraine over a span of ten or so years. Damn, homeboy is loaded.

I accidentally had my television tuned to Colbert last night and he was making some jokes about Manafort. I didn't get it but I suppose I do now. I mean, I understand the references but Colbert is still not funny. At all.

I know Rapp from several different movies over the years but the two that I always link him to are Dazed and Confused and Road Trip. He was an obnoxious nerd in Dazed and a whack job who formed a cult in Road Trip.

I've never found Colbert funny but I thought it was just me cause everybody else always seems to enjoy him.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/31/2017, 11:04 am

omg now that you mention Dazed and Confused I know exactly who you are referring to. I don't remember his name in the film but he had long hair and he hung out with weird guy who started a fight with badass-guy at the park because badass-guy didn't like weird guy's 'reefer' comment and weird guy was stewing about it all night.

I just watched this movie recently, as you probably know.

I have a feeling my shitty description above is clear as crystal for you.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/31/2017, 11:15 am

joey con carne wrote:omg now that you mention Dazed and Confused I know exactly who you are referring to. I don't remember his name in the film but he had long hair and he hung out with weird guy who started a fight with badass-guy at the park because badass-guy didn't like weird guy's 'reefer' comment and weird guy was stewing about it all night.

I just watched this movie recently, as you probably know.

I have a feeling my shitty description above is clear as crystal for you.

You got it dude.

The other actors in this scene are Adam Goldberg, Nickey Katt and Marisa Ribisi, sister of Giovanni. Cool

Random Thoughts - Page 9 Adam-i10
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/31/2017, 4:27 pm

Hahaha. Rapp's Dazed character had a dream about getting it on with a hot chick that had Abe Lincolns head Very Happy

Road Trip is the only other thing I remember him from.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/31/2017, 4:44 pm

Rusty wrote:Hahaha. Rapp's Dazed character had a dream about getting it on with a hot chick that had Abe Lincolns head Very Happy

Road Trip is the only other thing I remember him from.

Rapp was also in Twister, School Ties and Adventures in Babysitting, he was the obnoxious kid who kept hitting on Elizabeth Shue. He was building a steady resume in the early 90's then kind of dropped off the map by the end of the decade.

Random Thoughts - Page 9 6590_110
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/1/2017, 12:53 pm

I can't stop listening to Eddie Murphy's Party All the Time.

My girl likes to party all the time
Party all the time
Party all the time
She likes to party all the time.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/1/2017, 6:23 pm

joey con carne wrote:I can't stop listening to Eddie Murphy's Party All the Time.

My girl likes to party all the time
Party all the time
Party all the time
She likes to party all the time.

I went through a phase like that when it was on the GTA5 soundtrack, I needed it every time I stole a new car. That was my GTA jam. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/4/2017, 6:45 pm

Last night while driving drunk in Texas, Lou Diamond Phillips got lost, so when he noticed a police car having already stopped somebody else he knew they could be also be of assistance to him, so he pulled right up to them and politely asked for directions before blowing a .20 and being arrested for a DUI. LOL.....
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/4/2017, 7:13 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Last night while driving drunk in Texas, Lou Diamond Phillips got lost, so when he noticed a police car having already stopped somebody else he knew they could be also be of assistance to him, so he pulled right up to them and politely asked for directions before blowing a .20 and being arrested for a DUI. LOL.....

Hahaha fuck. That's fantastic.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/5/2017, 7:28 am

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Last night while driving drunk in Texas, Lou Diamond Phillips got lost, so when he noticed a police car having already stopped somebody else he knew they could be also be of assistance to him, so he pulled right up to them and politely asked for directions before blowing a .20 and being arrested for a DUI. LOL.....

Hahaha fuck. That's fantastic.

I can just imagine the confidence he displayed... Razz

I hope he also mentioned....

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/5/2017, 7:14 pm

I saw his mugshot but I didn't know the circumstances of his arrest. What a dumbass.

I started watching The Goldbergs tonight. Really funny show and I'm enjoying it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/6/2017, 6:36 am

joey con carne wrote:I saw his mugshot but I didn't know the circumstances of his arrest. What a dumbass.

I started watching The Goldbergs tonight. Really funny show and I'm enjoying it.

I LOVE The Goldbergs and Hulu has every single episode. It is the perfect show for a child of the 80s. Not to mention, all those home videos the real Adam F Goldberg filmed growing up that allowed for these episode ideas really add something special to the show but the themed episodes are really something to enjoy.

FYI, the Adam F Goldberg who created Goldbergs has been in a lengthy twitter battle with that whiney little bitch Adam Goldberg from Dazed and Confused, who was in fact the guy who smelled the reefer. So you'll hear lots of Adam Goldberg jokes directed at that guy, lol.

JTP!!!!!
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/6/2017, 6:41 am

JTP!!!!!

The episode I randomly watched was the one with New Kids on the Block home video. That one got me hooked and I had to start watching.

Erica has really grown on me. I thought she was annoying at first but definitely not anymore. And Dana is the girl in The Gifted! Too cool.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/6/2017, 6:50 am

joey con carne wrote:JTP!!!!!

The episode I randomly watched was the one with New Kids on the Block home video. That one got me hooked and I had to start watching.

Erica has really grown on me. I thought she was annoying at first but definitely not anymore. And Dana is the girl in The Gifted! Too cool.

Ohhhh the NKOTB episode is great.... Razz Razz

Are you going back to the beginning or watching in random order then?

My favorite Goldbergs moments are anytime Adam makes a movie with Pops, his confusion and willingness to play along is always hilarious. Murray's confusion over technology and inability to say the word Robot and usually anytime Beverly goes way over the top with parenting Adam in front of other people. That family is insane...

Erica is basically the only character that wasn't based on a real person because she is based on Adam's real life older brother Eric, so it took them some time to figure out how to write for her but she eventually becomes a fun character too.  

Dana Caldwell is Natalie Alyn Lind who went from Goldbergs to Gotham and now is on Gifted.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/6/2017, 10:48 am

lol

RUN ME OVER WITH A CAR!

You're fired.

You can't fire me! I fire you!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/6/2017, 1:14 pm

joey con carne wrote:lol

RUN ME OVER WITH A CAR!

You're fired.

You can't fire me! I fire you!

That was the Transformers episode right?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/6/2017, 4:09 pm

Yea, that was Transformers. Really funny. And I definitely agree with you about the home video aspect. The remaking of the home videos kills me.

Pops looks super-familiar. Gonna check out his IMDb.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/7/2017, 7:12 am

joey con carne wrote:Yea, that was Transformers. Really funny. And I definitely agree with you about the home video aspect. The remaking of the home videos kills me.

Pops looks super-familiar. Gonna check out his IMDb.

Pops George Segal has been around FOREVER but I first remembered him from the 90s sitcom Just Shoot Me and Beverly Goldberg is from Reno 911. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/8/2017, 2:26 pm

I have no idea why or when but I just noticed that while updating my avatar, we seem to be allowed much larger images...

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/8/2017, 2:58 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I have no idea why or when but I just noticed that while updating my avatar, we seem to be allowed much larger images...

Then I shall upload a larger Palicki piccy.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/8/2017, 3:27 pm

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I have no idea why or when but I just noticed that while updating my avatar, we seem to be allowed much larger images...

Holy shit, the avatar size seems to have quadrupled. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/8/2017, 3:31 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Holy shit, the avatar size seems to have quadrupled. Cool

Yeah. I think it jumped from 150x200 to 200x600.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/8/2017, 6:12 pm

Sweet. I put up a bigger bear.

The avatar upload page says 200 width x 600 height.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/10/2017, 9:04 am

I have a strange desire to watch The Baytown Outlaws tonight. Yes. I think I will.

Last night, as I was moping around my house, I stumbled upon the bloo-ray for Predestination. I just read the synopsis again on Wikipedia. I still remember the first time I watched it and after reading that synopsis, I'm reeling again. Shocked
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/10/2017, 3:07 pm

joey con carne wrote:I have a strange desire to watch The Baytown Outlaws tonight. Yes. I think I will.

Last night, as I was moping around my house, I stumbled upon the bloo-ray for Predestination. I just read the synopsis again on Wikipedia. I still remember the first time I watched it and after reading that synopsis, I'm reeling again. Shocked

LOL, I just noticed last night that Baytown is streaming on Amazon Prime and added it to my watch list.  Cool

Predestination felt like a movie I never wanted to watch for a second time after I first watched it and several years later I still feel the same. I'm usually a Hawke fan, I grew up on his movies but that one just has no replay ability for me.

Sweeeet. It's about time I cash out half of my position..... Cool Cool Cool

Roku’s stock price surged a second day in a row Friday, closing at $33.25 per share and gaining close to 14% over Thursday’s closing price. Altogether, Roku has gained a whopping 75% over Wednesday’s closing price following the company’s strong earnings report posted after close of markets that day.

News of an investment in home audio, which Variety first broke Thursday afternoon, likely benefited the company’s stock as well.

Following its September IPO, Roku reported its first-ever quarterly earnings Wednesday. The report showed that the company handily beat analyst expectations with strong growth in its advertising revenue.

“Roku’s first quarter following its IPO highlighted the secular tailwinds driving user growth and monetization,” wrote Morgan Stanley Analyst Morgan Swinburne in a note to investors following the earnings report. “Specifically, active account and (average revenue peer user) growth accelerated YoY from 2Q, fueled by strong smart TV and Roku player sales, and strong advertising growth.”
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/13/2017, 7:00 pm

Hey Wylde, what is your avatar? In case you change it before you see this post, it looks like a guy with a mullet-type hair-do and a bat with nails in it.

Also, how did you do cashing out your position in Roku?

I'm still holding onto 2,525 shares of ADVDX. It's the only one I've got left. I get paid 50 bucks a month in dividends. I'm RICH!!!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/13/2017, 7:50 pm

joey con carne wrote:Hey Wylde, what is your avatar? In case you change it before you see this post, it looks like a guy with a mullet-type hair-do and a bat with nails in it.

From Stranger Things Season 2.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/14/2017, 3:02 pm

Thanks, Russ. Thanks for spoiling the show and now I dont know if I even want to watch it anymore. I feel as gutted as getting an imperfect slipcover.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/14/2017, 3:35 pm

joey con carne wrote:Thanks, Russ. Thanks for spoiling the show and now I dont know if I even want to watch it anymore. I feel as gutted as getting an imperfect slipcover.

May the spoiler that is my avatar haunt you like a slipcover lost in the Upside Down. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/14/2017, 7:33 pm

joey con carne wrote:Thanks, Russ. Thanks for spoiling the show and now I dont know if I even want to watch it anymore. I feel as gutted as getting an imperfect slipcover.

Always a pleasure! Very Happy

It was the team-up that I never knew I wanted until I saw it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/15/2017, 6:48 am

Rusty wrote:It was the team-up that I never knew I wanted until I saw it.

It really was.....Steve really turned around in season 2.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/17/2017, 8:29 am

Huge Underwater Castle With Ancient ‘Fairy Chimneys’ Discovered at the Bottom of Turkey’s Lake Van
Random Thoughts - Page 9 1117la10
Researchers studying a vast lake in Eastern Turkey have unearthed the remains of a 3,000-year-old castle buried beneath its waters.

Tahsin Ceylan, an underwater photographer and videographer, Mustafa Akkuş, an academic from Van Yüzüncü Yıl University’s fishery faculty, Murat Kulakaç, a diving instructor and Cumali Birol, a diver, plunged into Lake Van, Turkey's largest lake, to discover its secrets, Hurriyet Daily News reported.

The castle likely dates from the reign of the ancient Urartu Kingdom, which grew up around Lake Van during the Iron Age.

Researchers have identified the castle as Urartian because the stone used in its construction is characteristic of that civilization.

The Urartians left the area around Lake Van as the waters rose but their buildings stayed behind, partly lost to the deep.

Full excavations are yet to be carried out, so researchers do not know how tall the castle’s walls are, but around three to four meters (around 10 to 13 feet) are visible above the lake bed. The ruins overall cover a square kilometer (0.4 square miles).

Researchers say that the alkaline water of the lake has allowed the castle to remain preserved in excellent condition. 

Previous study of the lake discovered stalagmites up to 10 meters (33 feet) in length, dubbed “underwater fairy chimneys.”

Local governor Arif Karaman said: “Studies were done on the underwater portion of the historic Urartian castle in our city, revealing it to be nearly 3,000 years old."

Ceylan said: “Many civilizations and people had settled around Lake Van. They named the lake the ‘upper sea’ and believed it had many mysterious things. With this belief in mind, we are working to reveal the lake’s ‘secrets.’”

He added: “We have shared all these findings with the world...It is a miracle to find this castle underwater. Archaeologists will come here to examine the castle’s history and provide information on it.”
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/17/2017, 2:12 pm

Cool! I hope they put up some videos after the excavations.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/17/2017, 2:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Cool! I hope they put up some videos after the excavations.

James Cameron will probably lay claim to them and shoot his Avatar movies in them.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/17/2017, 4:18 pm

I’m sure he’s already bought the movie rights and is working on a new submarine
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/17/2017, 7:16 pm

Tyger wrote:I’m sure he’s already bought the movie rights and is working on a new submarine

You really need to check out Hulu's Future Man, particularly episode 7 "Pandora's Mailbox". Razz Razz Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/23/2017, 8:29 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/23/2017, 8:33 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

You too.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/23/2017, 9:07 pm

Happy Thanksgiving

I watched Addams Family Values earlier
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/24/2017, 5:58 am

Tyger wrote:Happy Thanksgiving

I watched Addams Family Values earlier

And you found it was still awesome didn't you?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/24/2017, 12:25 pm

Of course
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/24/2017, 2:54 pm

Tyger wrote:Of course

I would love a new iteration following the now grown Wednesday as the Addams matriarch. Enough time has passed and I need some more Addams.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/24/2017, 4:10 pm

I’ve discussed my fondness for Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams before...I’d be down.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/24/2017, 4:17 pm

Tyger wrote:I’ve discussed my fondness for Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams before...I’d be down.

If somebody talented doesn't hurry up then I'm worried Tim Burton, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham will assault our beloved franchise before long.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/26/2017, 5:22 pm

Ahhh, this place is dead. Nobody to talk to anymore, what's up with you guys?

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next