BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

5 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 10 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/4/2024, 2:45 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Dalton's backstory never needed to be explained, Swayze was just fuckin cool enough to own the mystery.

Gyllenhaal's Dalton was just a mindless psychopath with a blood lust.

You're lucky I haven't seen the movie because that sounds like bullcrap! You don't have anger issues to that level for no reason.

WyldeMan wrote:Yes OG Doc was a better written role with more to do and Kelly Lynch wasn't afraid to show a little skin.

Ah, now I understand your disappointment. I still think she had plenty to do in the movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 10 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 4/4/2024, 9:31 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Dalton's backstory never needed to be explained, Swayze was just fuckin cool enough to own the mystery.

Gyllenhaal's Dalton was just a mindless psychopath with a blood lust.

You're lucky I haven't seen the movie because that sounds like bullcrap! You don't have anger issues to that level for no reason.

No, I'm not lucky that you're a wanton Philistine. I've been providing you with solid movie recommendations for a decade and you just keep telling me to fuck myself with no Vaseline.

Meanwhile you built your own temple, a home theater and you defile it at every turn.

You're a disappointing Amish bastard...

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Yes OG Doc was a better written role with more to do and Kelly Lynch wasn't afraid to show a little skin.

Ah, now I understand your disappointment. I still think she had plenty to do in the movie.

No, Doc wasn't written well as Ellie, she didn't come enter the story for like 45 minutes and she was a drug dealers daughter? HORSESHIT! None of tho other characters from the Road House were ever developed either, the majority of the movie was spent showing Gyllenhaal moping in different locations and dropping bad one liners when he wasn't getting recognized for being a POS psycho. They made this new version a lot longer and at the same time, way less developed. It was a whole bunch of filler and not much else.

Oh please, Kelly only showed her ass for a few seconds, it's not like I'm saying her role depended on it. Not to mention it allowed Sam Elliot's Wade Garrett to provide me with an all-time favorite quote I've been using for thirty years "That gal's got entirely too many brains to have an ass like that."

And to make matters even worse, Gylenhaal's Road House wasn't quotable in the least and that is always the test of a true classic. The original is loaded top to bottom with unforgettable quotes and Gyllenhaal offered what? "Who taught you shapes?" and " You're a shit driver."

Gyllenhaal's Dalton didn't even list his Three Simple Rules!!! Plain and simple, it's a movie for Philistines and people who have no respect for movies. No wonder you enjoyed it.

2024's Road House was the Michael Bay of remakes, all style no substance, all sizzle no steak.

But hey, my man Dalton said it best.

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 10 1b573594-1551-4f90-a65e-15118a8f4c31_text

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/6/2024, 9:07 pm

WyldeMan wrote:No, I'm not lucky that you're a wanton Philistine. I've been providing you with solid movie recommendations for a decade and you just keep telling me to fuck myself with no Vaseline.

Meanwhile you built your own temple, a home theater and you defile it at every turn.

You're a disappointing Amish bastard...

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 10 Giphy

WyldeMan wrote:No, Doc wasn't written well as Ellie, she didn't come enter the story for like 45 minutes and she was a drug dealers daughter? HORSESHIT! None of tho other characters from the Road House were ever developed either, the majority of the movie was spent showing Gyllenhaal moping in different locations and dropping bad one liners when he wasn't getting recognized for being a POS psycho. They made this new version a lot longer and at the same time, way less developed. It was a whole bunch of filler and not much else.

I agree with this. Like Conor's character, most of them were not developed enough.

WyldeMan wrote:Oh please, Kelly only showed her ass for a few seconds, it's not like I'm saying her role depended on it. Not to mention it allowed Sam Elliot's Wade Garrett to provide me with an all-time favorite quote I've been using for thirty years "That gal's got entirely too many brains to have an ass like that."

There is no way they would allow a line like that for this movie.

WyldeMan wrote:And to make matters even worse, Gylenhaal's Road House wasn't quotable in the least and that is always the test of a true classic. The original is loaded top to bottom with unforgettable quotes and Gyllenhaal offered what? "Who taught you shapes?" and " You're a shit driver."

Again, I would agree.

WyldeMan wrote:Gyllenhaal's Dalton didn't even list his Three Simple Rules!!! Plain and simple, it's a movie for Philistines and people who have no respect for movies. No wonder you enjoyed it.

I don't know why but the "Three Simple Rules" sounds familiar. Maybe I watched a clip a long time ago.

WyldeMan wrote:2024's Road House was the Michael Bay of remakes, all style no substance, all sizzle no steak.

But hey, my man Dalton said it best.

It is what it is. It had it's flaws but I wouldn't say it's the worst movie of the year.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/6/2024, 10:10 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:There is no way they would allow a line like that for this movie.

Just more evidence this movie was made for soft ass millennials.

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't know why but the "Three Simple Rules" sounds familiar. Maybe I watched a clip a long time ago.

UltimateMarvel wrote:It is what it is. It had it's flaws but I wouldn't say it's the worst movie of the year.

Oh it is for me, hands down Road House is the worst movie I've seen this year and I've seen Ricky Stanicky AND Madame Webb!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/8/2024, 8:10 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Oh it is for me, hands down Road House is the worst movie I've seen this year and I've seen Ricky Stanicky AND Madame Webb!

You almost had me.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/9/2024, 8:42 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Oh it is for me, hands down Road House is the worst movie I've seen this year and I've seen Ricky Stanicky AND Madame Webb!

You almost had me.

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 10 3f9d5b91-463a-4c7a-8636-c94eeb8708f3_text

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

UltimateMarvel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/21/2024, 10:31 pm

This article randomly came up on my feed, pretty much goes against everything you said. Check this out:

1. Dalton Is A One-Dimensional Hero
2. The Fight Scenes Have Lost Most Of Their Appeal
3. Road House Doesn't Develop Its Female Characters
4. Dalton's Signature Throat-Ripping Move Belongs In A Different Movie
5. Tinker's Redemption Is Too Abrupt
6. Dalton's Legend Makes No Sense
7. Jasper, Missouri Looks Nothing Like Missouri
8. Road House Drags On For Too Long

1 and 8 can be applied to the remake too.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/22/2024, 5:22 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:This article randomly came up on my feed, pretty much goes against everything you said. Check this out:

1. Dalton Is A One-Dimensional Hero
2. The Fight Scenes Have Lost Most Of Their Appeal
3. Road House Doesn't Develop Its Female Characters
4. Dalton's Signature Throat-Ripping Move Belongs In A Different Movie
5. Tinker's Redemption Is Too Abrupt
6. Dalton's Legend Makes No Sense
7. Jasper, Missouri Looks Nothing Like Missouri
8. Road House Drags On For Too Long

1 and 8 can be applied to the remake too.

I like ScreenRant but I nearly always agree with every single thing that Ben Protheroe "writes" because all he does is makes bullshit lists based entirely on his own narrow opinions. Atleast OG Road House actually had an ending that closed all loops. Nobody else's opinion will ever change mine but congrats for finding someone on the internet that shared yours.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/25/2024, 10:24 am

WyldeMan wrote:I like ScreenRant but I nearly always agree with every single thing that Ben Protheroe "writes" because all he does is makes bullshit lists based entirely on his own narrow opinions. Atleast OG Road House actually had an ending that closed all loops. Nobody else's opinion will ever change mine but congrats for finding someone on the internet that shared yours.

Did you mean you always disagree? And I highly doubt everyone would disagree with 2. There is no way the OG had better fights than the remake. You're just gonna have to accept that. Twisted Evil
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/25/2024, 10:31 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I like ScreenRant but I nearly always agree with every single thing that Ben Protheroe "writes" because all he does is makes bullshit lists based entirely on his own narrow opinions. Atleast OG Road House actually had an ending that closed all loops. Nobody else's opinion will ever change mine but congrats for finding someone on the internet that shared yours.

Did you mean you always disagree? And I highly doubt everyone would disagree with 2. There is no way the OG had better fights than the remake. You're just gonna have to accept that. Twisted Evil

DAMN IT!!! Yes, I meant that I DISAGREE with everything he says, Ben Protheroe is the you of ScreenRant!

Dalton ripped a mother fucker's throat out with his bare hand, and you try and claim that new House with its slap fights and cheesy one liners can even touch OG House??? NINJA PLEASE!!!!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/25/2024, 9:52 pm

WyldeMan wrote:DAMN IT!!! Yes, I meant that I DISAGREE with everything he says, Ben Protheroe is the you of ScreenRant!

Dalton ripped a mother fucker's throat out with his bare hand, and you try and claim that new House with its slap fights and cheesy one liners can even touch OG House??? NINJA PLEASE!!!!

You see! Even your subconscious is disagreeing with the lies you're vomiting out. Laughing

There is no shame in enjoying the remake, join me...

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10