BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical)

+4
detective392
ForeverBlu
WyldeMan
Rusty
8 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical) - Page 5 Empty Re: New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical)

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/4/2023, 6:27 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I think Gallner was typecast a long time ago and was never able to break away from it. 

Twenty years ago, the first thing I ever saw him in was Veronica Mars and his character was a high school student who turned out to be a total psychopath that murdered an entire bus of his fellow students and then jumped off a building with a big smile on his face, so he's always played the exact same kind of characters with the sole exception being his best role in the short lived series The Outsiders. I haven't really been interested in any of his movies in two decades but I still like the guy.

I first saw him in Smallville but anything after that was as you described. I think I saw him as a school shooter for something once too. Nonetheless, the trailers I posted look good. Check them out and let me know.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical) - Page 5 Empty Re: New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical)

Post by WyldeMan 8/4/2023, 6:39 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I think Gallner was typecast a long time ago and was never able to break away from it. 

Twenty years ago, the first thing I ever saw him in was Veronica Mars and his character was a high school student who turned out to be a total psychopath that murdered an entire bus of his fellow students and then jumped off a building with a big smile on his face, so he's always played the exact same kind of characters with the sole exception being his best role in the short lived series The Outsiders. I haven't really been interested in any of his movies in two decades but I still like the guy.

I first saw him in Smallville but anything after that was as you described. I think I saw him as a school shooter for something once too. Nonetheless, the trailers I posted look good. Check them out and let me know.

Oh yeah I forgot about his Bart Allen days, I think he did that right after Veronica Mars.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/8/2023, 1:22 pm

All three movies I posted happen to be out right now. I will check them out next weekend probably.

Not sure if this was posted yet:

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/8/2023, 5:36 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:All three movies I posted happen to be out right now. I will check them out next weekend probably.

Not sure if this was posted yet:

I like Jon Hamm but not when he's been the star of the movie; The Town, Baby Driver and Bad Times at El Royale are good examples of him working well in an ensemble surrounded by other strong actors but I am drawing a complete and total blank if I've ever enjoyed a single movie that he had top billing in. 

Hamm seems like a once promising tv actor who failed in transitioning from his massive tv show to a successful movie career like so many others before him. Very few actors are actually able to pull it off and unless something changes, it would seem that Hamm will continue down the SVOD path and with it, any chance of me watching his work again.

Have you ever seen a Hamm movie and afterwards felt compelled to recommend it? Because I can't think of a single time where that happened here but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/9/2023, 1:40 am

WyldeMan wrote:

I like Jon Hamm but not when he's been the star of the movie; The Town, Baby Driver and Bad Times at El Royale are good examples of him working well in an ensemble surrounded by other strong actors but I am drawing a complete and total blank if I've ever enjoyed a single movie that he had top billing in. 

Hamm seems like a once promising tv actor who failed in transitioning from his massive tv show to a successful movie career like so many others before him. Very few actors are actually able to pull it off and unless something changes, it would seem that Hamm will continue down the SVOD path and with it, any chance of me watching his work again.

Have you ever seen a Hamm movie and afterwards felt compelled to recommend it? Because I can't think of a single time where that happened here but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

That's the problem with bringing such a fantastic TV character like Don Draper to life in something as great as Mad Men. I just finished a rewatch of that two days ago, and I can't even pretend to imagine someone else coming close to his effort. He'll never be able to shake that. As you say though, ensemble casts help. Same as his movies. He's great in smaller roles, and even ensembles like Tag, but to be honest I haven't scene him in anything where he was the dfinitive lead. I do want to check out Confess, Fletch though. It's suppose to pretty decent.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/9/2023, 11:37 pm

Rusty wrote:That's the problem with bringing such a fantastic TV character like Don Draper to life in something as great as Mad Men. I just finished a rewatch of that two days ago, and I can't even pretend to imagine someone else coming close to his effort. He'll never be able to shake that. As you say though, ensemble casts help. Same as his movies. He's great in smaller roles, and even ensembles like Tag, but to be honest I haven't scene him in anything where he was the dfinitive lead. I do want to check out Confess, Fletch though. It's suppose to pretty decent.

I only ever saw the first two seasons of Mad Men so I wasn't on the hype train for it and you can't watch it anywhere now without commercials so I don't have any idea if or when I'll ever get around to seeing him in his definitive role.

I've seen the Chevy Chase Fletch movies many times over the years but I feel like I will not like this new one. There's probably a very good reason it skipped theaters.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/15/2023, 9:08 pm

This looks interesting

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/29/2023, 9:21 am

Netflix on Tuesday dropped the teaser trailer for The Killer, David Fincher’s new movie for Netflix that has its world premiere Sunday in the Competition lineup at the Venice Film Festival. It then hits theaters on October 27 and launches on the streamer November 10.

The pic, based on Alexis Nolent (pen name: Matz) and Luc Jacamon’s graphic novel series, stars Michael Fassbender and is Fincher’s first feature since 2020’s Mank, also for Netflix, which scored 10 Oscar noms including Best Picture and won two.

Fassbender plays an assassin who battles his employers, and himself, on an international manhunt while insisting none of it is personal. Charles Parnell, Arliss Howard, Sophie Charlotte and Tilda Swinton also star. Andrew Kevin Walker adapted the graphic novel, which debuted in French via Casterman and was published in the U.S. by Archaia Studios Press in 10 volumes from 2006-2009.

Walker and Fincher previously collaborated on Se7en, Fincher’s twisty 1995 genre thriller hit that starred Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey.
New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical) - Page 5 The-ki10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/29/2023, 12:21 pm

Trailer doesn't reveal a lot and it looks very good. Good to see Fassbender on screen again.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/29/2023, 12:42 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Trailer doesn't reveal a lot and it looks very good. Good to see Fassbender on screen again.

I'm hard pressed to name any good Netflix movies but I'll definitely give this a try. Ten years ago, I thought Fassbender was going to be a massive star and now here we are talking about oh hey, he's finally working again in something I'll actually watch. I don't think I've seen anything he's done since his last X-Men movie.

I'm also intrigued by the reunion of Se7en writer Walker and Fincher.

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross also handle the music for the fifth time in a Fincher film.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/11/2023, 9:41 am

This is a story, I've been waiting a long time to see told...

Let the wrestling mayhem begin: A24 has released the first trailer for The Iron Claw, the true story of the Von Erichs, a family of pro wrestlers that has ruled the ring for decades, despite so many tragedies that fans have often talked of a Von Erich Curse.

A bulked up Zac Efron and Jeremy Allen White star as brothers Kevin and Kerry Von Erich, two of the clan’s most popular wrestlers. The new trailer – set, forebodingly, to the tune of Blue Öyster Cult’s “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper” – shows the brothers’ camaraderie in the face of wrestling opponents and their own bullying father Fritz Von Erich (Holt McCallany).

Also appearing in the film are Harris Dickinson as David Von Erich, Stanley Simons as Mike Von Erich, Maura Tierney as Doris and Lily James as Kevin’s wife, Pam. The Iron Claw is written and directed by Sean Durkin (The Nest and Martha Marcy May Marlene).

The movie was developed by House Productions, with the support of Access Entertainment and BBC Films, with A24 producing with Tessa Ross, Juliette Howell, Angus Lamont from House Productions and Sean Durkin.

The Iron Claw opens in theaters Dec. 22. Check out the trailer above.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/18/2023, 7:58 pm

The return of Michael Mann

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/5/2023, 9:56 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/5/2023, 1:32 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Filmed in Australia this. Looks entertaining too.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/7/2023, 9:26 am

"Finestkind" Movie starring Tommy Lee Jones, Ben Foster and Jenna Ortega - Streaming December 15 on Paramount+

"Mr. & Mrs. Smith" Series starring Donald Glover and Maya Erskine - Streaming February 2, 2024 on Prime

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/14/2023, 9:48 pm

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2023, 12:59 pm

I finally got around to watching a dozen or so trailers for upcoming movies and '24 is already looking a lot better than '23.

Miller's Girl and Civil War both look like solid films.

Civil War was a total surprise for me. I wasn't following that one at all but that trailer has got me hyped.

Miller's Girl reminds me of the kind of movies they made in the early to mid 90's like Poison Ivy and The Crush. Ortega continues to impress.

I've been seeing Katy O'Brien more over the past few years and it looks like she's about to breakout. Too bad they didn't cast her as She-Hulk...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/29/2023, 6:27 pm

This is a weird trailer, not sure what's happening in some of those scenes. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2023, 8:04 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:This is a weird trailer, not sure what's happening in some of those scenes. lol

What's confusing about a good old fashioned psycho sexual bodybuilder lady lovin murder thriller? Here's the plot:

From Director Rose Glass comes an electric new love story; reclusive gym manager Lou falls hard for Jackie, an ambitious bodybuilder headed through town to Vegas in pursuit of her dream. But their love ignites violence, pulling them deep into the web of Lou’s criminal family.

The nonsensical tagline on this poster makes me laugh. I hope it's on all their marketing.

New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical) - Page 5 Llbos_10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/30/2023, 8:11 pm

I can see why you think she'd be a good She-Hulk. That's a sexy poster. I might have to check it out. Twisted Evil

What are your thoughts on ripped women? I think some muscle on a woman can be sexy but up to a certain point.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/31/2023, 10:38 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I can see why you think she'd be a good She-Hulk. That's a sexy poster. I might have to check it out. Twisted Evil

What are your thoughts on ripped women? I think some muscle on a woman can be sexy but up to a certain point.

Really anybody other than that CGI slathered She-Shit show with plain jane Maslany would have been preferable. It's like the showrunners of Ms Marvel and She-Hulk held a contest to see who could produce the worst series possible and the biggest losers were everybody who watched.

I don't mind fit women but I've never been attracted to body builders. It's too masculine for me.

I never noticed how ripped Katy was before Quantumania because I've only ever seen her very buttoned up in officers uniforms on shows like Z Nation and The Mandalorian but in reality, she's totally jacked.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/11/2024, 1:11 pm

Radio Silence's Vampiric ABIGAIL Gets A Bloody First Trailer

Get ready to meet sweet little Abigail - a "brash, blood-thirsty new vision of the vampire flick" from Radio Silence aka Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett (Ready or Not, Scream and last year’s Scream VI)

Starring Scream queen Melissa Barrera, Dan Stevens (Gaslit, Legion), Kathryn Newton (Freaky), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad, the upcoming Maxxxine), William Catlett (Black Lightning, True Story), Kevin Durand (Resident Evil: Retribution), Angus Cloud (Euphoria), and Alisha Weir (Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical, Darklands) as the titular Abigail, an official plot synopsis reads:

After a group of would-be criminals kidnap the 12-year-old ballerina daughter of a powerful underworld figure, all they have to do to collect a $50 million ransom is watch the girl overnight. In an isolated mansion, the captors start to dwindle, one by one, and they discover, to their mounting horror, that they’re locked inside with no normal little girl.

Written by Stephen Shields and Guy Busick, Abigail looks set to be another Radio Silence smash hit. A Ready or Not style mansion, excellent cast, and bloodthirsty ballerina...what's not to love?!

Abigail hits theaters on April 19 - check out the trailer and brand new poster.
New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical) - Page 5 Abi_ts10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/11/2024, 1:37 pm

New IMAGINARY Teaser Introduces Your New Best Friend Chauncey
Today brings a brand new teaser for Lionsgate and Blumhouse's mysterious upcoming horror Imaginary, one that gives us a closer look at the adorable, fuzzy Chauncey the Bear - who is definitely not imaginary, and definitely not your friend.

Imaginary, which comes from director Jeff Wadlow (Cry Wolf, Kick-Ass 2, Truth or Dare), stars Jurassic World Dominion's DeWanda Wise (who is also onboard as producer), Tom Payne, Taegen Burns, Pyper Braun, Veronica Falcon, and Betty Buckley.

The plot synopsis reads:

“Jessica moves back into her childhood home with her family. Her youngest stepdaughter Alice develops an eerie attachment to a stuffed bear named Chauncey she finds in the basement. Alice starts playing games with Chauncey that begin playful and become increasingly sinister. As Alice’s behavior becomes more and more concerning, Jessica intervenes only to realize Chauncey is much more than the stuffed toy bear she believed him to be.”

In this teaser, Chauncey gets his own kiddie commercial (not too dissimilar to M3GAN's - crossover incoming?), promising that he can be anything you want him to be - he can grow, he can shrink... and apparently he'll follow you around the house. What a cutie!

Wadlow, who also wrote the screenplay with Greg Erb and Jason Oremland, will produce as well as direct, with - of course - Jason Blum also in the producer's chair and Ryan Turek on executive producing duties.

Imaginary hits theaters on March 8, 2024 - don't forget your teddy
New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical) - Page 5 Imagin10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/11/2024, 4:50 pm

‘No Way Up’ Trailer – Sharks Invade a Plane at the Bottom of the Ocean in This 
Aquatic Creature Feature
Why isn’t this movie called Sharks on a Plane, you may be wondering? Well, despite a silly-sounding premise, it actually looks like No Way Up is a legit shark attack horror movie.

RLJE Films will release No Way Up in theaters and everywhere you rent movies February 16, and the new trailer this week suggests it’s not as “SYFY Original” as it may seem.

This one comes courtesy of the producers of 47 Meters Down, and it looks like they’re aiming to recapture that vibe. Watch the new official trailer above for No Way Up.

Additionally, No Way Up has received an official “R” rating from the MPA this week. The upcoming horror movie is rated “R” for “language and bloody/grisly images.”

In No Way Up…

“When a plane crashes in the Pacific Ocean and comes to rest on the edge of an underwater ravine, the survivors face a race against time to escape the airlocked galley they are trapped in.”

Sophia McIntosh, Colm Meaney, Phyllis Logan, Grace Nettle and Will Attenborough star.

Claudio Fäh directed the film, which was written by Andy Mayson.

Other upcoming shark attack horrors on our radar include the Japanese movie Hot Springs Shark Attack, 1940s period piece Fear Below, and the World War II-set Beast of War.

Speaking of sharks, The Meg and The Meg 2 are both now streaming on Netflix.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/11/2024, 5:59 pm

Abigail looks good. Nice cast too.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/11/2024, 8:35 pm

Rusty wrote:Abigail looks good. Nice cast too.

Abigail looks like the immediate knee jerk reaction to M3GAN's success. But instead of a 12 year old psychopathic gymnast killing machine robot she's now a 12 year old flying gymnast killing machine vampire. All these people getting hired for night jobs in movies that turn out to be setups for their murders, it's like they've never seen a horror movie before. I legit was surprised to see this trailer though because it was caught in Barrera's career suicide wake and looked like it would be shelved indefinitely just last month.

No Way Up - I'm tired of these mutha fuckin sharks on this mutha fuckin plane! I knew they'd do it eventually and they finally have. Come on Snakenado!!! Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/12/2024, 12:25 pm

Johnson wrote and directed the movie in addition to starring as Tommy, a man who is offered $1 million to play a game in which he must outwit hunters as they attempt to kill him. He thinks he has found the perfect loophole because he can only be attacked when he’s alone. The only problem is that none of his friends or family want to keep him company because they don’t believe the game is real. Andy Samberg, Anna Kendrick, Natalie Morales (“Parks and Recreation”), Emily Hampshire (“Schitt’s Creek”) and Wayne Brady (“How I Met Your Mother”) round out the cast.
New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical) - Page 5 Mv5byj10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/15/2024, 1:48 pm

‘Supersex’ Trailer: Netflix Series About Porn Star Rocco Siffredi Teases Steamy Scenes

Netflix has dropped a teaser trailer for “Supersex,” the series freely inspired by the real life of global porn star Rocco Siffredi, which will world premiere at the Berlin Film Festival and drop March 6 on the streamer.

“Every power is an enigma. It can give you light, or throw you into darkness. But every existence lived to its fullest always has a price to pay,” a voiceover says in the teaser as Siffredi is bombarded by fans and paparazzi.

The show looks at how “Rocco Tano — a simple guy from Ortona [a small town in central Italy] — became Rocco Siffredi, the most famous pornstar in the world,” according to its official synopsis.

The hotly anticipated series is created and written by prominent Italian screenwriter Francesca Manieri (“We Are Who We Are,” “L’Immensità”), who is known for her feminist works.

At the center of “Supersex” – which is produced by Lorenzo Mieli’s The Apartment, a Fremantle company, and Groenlandia, which is part of the Banijay group – are real and fictional aspects of the life of the Italian porn star, played by Italian A-lister Alessandro Borghi (“The Eight Mountains”).

Alongside Borghi as Siffredi, the show features Jasmine Trinca (“Honey”), who plays Lucia, a fictional female character “who represents a synthesis of most women with whom Rocco had a relationship in his life,” according to the synopsis. Adriano Giannini (“Adagio”) plays Tommaso, Rocco’s half-brother, while Saul Nanni (“Love & Gelato”) plays Rocco as a young man. Other cast members include Enrico Borello, Vincenzo Nemolato, Gaia Messerklinger as female Italian porn star Moana Pozzi, Jade Pedri and Linda Caridi (“Last Night of Amore”).

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/16/2024, 10:58 am

Abigail - good trailer and interesting concept.

Imaginary - looks ok.

Self Reliance - seems funny and original.

Supersex - Rocco Siffredi, this guy fucks. But nobody cares about male porn stars.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/16/2024, 3:05 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Abigail - good trailer and interesting concept.

Imaginary - looks ok.

Self Reliance - seems funny and original.

Supersex - Rocco Siffredi, this guy fucks. But nobody cares about male porn stars.

The trailer for Abigail made me think I should just watch M3GAN for a second time.

I think Self Reliance will be my first 2024 movie. I like Jake Johnson and I see every thing that Andy Samberg's in, so I am down. I didn't even know what the movie was before it hit Hulu, I love a surprise movie loaded with a great cast. That just never happens anymore.

Male porn stars are just faceless stunt cocks, that's why most porn has gone POV. They don't even bother showing the dudes from the abs up anymore. Still it's nice to see that Netflix will never rise above shameless sexploitation in the age of social justice warriors.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/17/2024, 3:57 pm

WyldeMan wrote:The trailer for Abigail made me think I should just watch M3GAN for a second time.

Yeah, I got some M3GAN vibes from it too.

WyldeMan wrote:Male porn stars are just faceless stunt cocks, that's why most porn has gone POV. They don't even bother showing the dudes from the abs up anymore. Still it's nice to see that Netflix will never rise above shameless sexploitation in the age of social justice warriors.

True. lol And if that wasn't bad enough, they don't get paid as much as the women either. Unless you're really famous like Rocco Siffredi.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/17/2024, 5:04 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:The trailer for Abigail made me think I should just watch M3GAN for a second time.

Yeah, I got some M3GAN vibes from it too.

Considering M3GAN's massive success and the fact that Bettinelli-Olpin and Gillett love a low effort rehash, Abigail makes total sense for their follow up to Scream 6 & 7.

WyldeMan wrote:Male porn stars are just faceless stunt cocks, that's why most porn has gone POV. They don't even bother showing the dudes from the abs up anymore. Still it's nice to see that Netflix will never rise above shameless sexploitation in the age of social justice warriors.

True. lol And if that wasn't bad enough, they don't get paid as much as the women either. Unless you're really famous like Rocco Siffredi.[/quote]

They get paid in cash plus pussy benefits, so I can't feel sorry for the under paid male porn stars.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/18/2024, 11:13 am

WyldeMan wrote:Considering M3GAN's massive success and the fact that Bettinelli-Olpin and Gillett love a low effort rehash, Abigail makes total sense for their follow up to Scream 6 & 7.

Come on, give them some credit. Just saw that they also directed Ready or Not. They've had a good track the past 3 movies.

WyldeMan wrote:They get paid in cash plus pussy benefits, so I can't feel sorry for the under paid male porn stars.

Laughing If only that was enough.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2024, 3:20 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Come on, give them some credit. Just saw that they also directed Ready or Not. They've had a good track the past 3 movies.

I only liked Ready or Not because I always like Samara Weaving but that movie was a major reshash of so many other movies that came before it and it's not one I'd watch more than once or twice a decade at most. The last two Screams were the worst of the franchise and I'd prefer if those unoriginal whores just stopped making movies.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/20/2024, 10:22 am

WyldeMan wrote:I only liked Ready or Not because I always like Samara Weaving but that movie was a major reshash of so many other movies that came before it and it's not one I'd watch more than once or twice a decade at most. The last two Screams were the worst of the franchise and I'd prefer if those unoriginal whores just stopped making movies.

New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical) - Page 5 Giphy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2024, 3:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical) - Page 5 Giphy

It's not my fault that Bettinelli-Olpin and Gillett are somehow an even less talented version of Lindelof and Cruise.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/21/2024, 7:43 pm

WyldeMan wrote:It's not my fault that Bettinelli-Olpin and Gillett are somehow an even less talented version of Lindelof and Cruise.

I would agree with that comparison.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2024, 12:06 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:It's not my fault that Bettinelli-Olpin and Gillett are somehow an even less talented version of Lindelof and Cruise.

I would agree with that comparison.

I look forward to their inevitable streaming tv deal loaded with lame rehashes and not a single original thought.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2024, 12:29 pm

‘Road House’ Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal & Conor McGregor Come Out Swinging
The first trailer dropped Thursday for Road House, the reimagining of the ’80s Patrick Swayze tough-guy classic that sees Jake Gyllenhaal in the lead role and Doug Liman directing.

The reveal comes the day after Liman revealed on Deadline that he was boycotting the film’s world premiere at SXSW– it has been slated to be the opening-night film in Austin on March 8. The director, who calls the pic possibly the best work he has done, said distributor Amazon MGM Studios did not fulfill a pledge to give the actioner a theatrical release.

Today, the company said Road House will stream globally on Prime Video only beginning March 21.

Along with Gyllenhaal playing UFC fighter-turned Florida Keys roadhouse bouncer Elwood Dalton, the cast features Daniela Melchior, Billy Magnussen, Jessica Williams, Joaquim de Almedia, McGregor, Lukas Gage, Arturo Castro, B.K. Cannon, Beau Knapp and Darren Barnet.

The plot revolves around a down-on-his-luck UFC fighter hired as the bouncer at a rowdy Keys roadhouse that is being threatened by baddies wanting to shut it down to build a mega-resort, with their own muscle Knox (McGregor) front and center.

Liman directed a script by Anthony Bagarozzi, Charles Mondry based on David Lee Henry and Hilary Henkin’s original screenplay. The story comes from Bagarozzi, Mondry and Henry.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/25/2024, 3:58 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
‘Road House’ Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal & Conor McGregor Come Out Swinging

Didn't know this was a thing. Not sure I could stomach much Conor McGregor. Thay trailer was almost too much for me.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2024, 8:29 pm

HOLY FUCK!!!! How is this real?!?!?!?! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards reunite on-screen for the very first time since Arrow‘s series finale — which aired almost exactly four years ago — in the trailer for Calamity Jane, a film due to hit theaters and digital on Friday, Feb. 2.

The premise for this trip to the Old West: After Wild Bill Hickok (played by Amell) is killed in a poker game, Calamity Jane (Rickards) must break out of prison and seek revenge.

Alas, Calamity Jane’s quest is hindered by Deadwood’s Sheriff Mason (Wynonna Earp‘s Tim Rozon), who is out to detain and arrest her.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/26/2024, 9:31 pm

Road House looks great and definitely a watch for me.

Calamity Jane looks like a joke or something.

I like Dev Patel and surprised that he's directing this. I don't think he's done action before and this looks amazing.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/1/2024, 11:06 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Road House looks great and definitely a watch for me.

Calamity Jane looks like a joke or something.

I like Dev Patel and surprised that he's directing this. I don't think he's done action before and this looks amazing.

Road House might have been accepted by the masses had they not called it Road House and tried to pretend they were even making the same movie. Alas, it will be a failure and Amazon knows this which is why they aren't even going to give it a theatrical run which has pissed off Gyllenhaal and Doug Liman who feel entitled to one. I've seen the original movie over 100 times in my life, I know it back to front and word for word and absolutely nothing about this new trailer made me feel like I was watching the same movie or even an homage to the original. Yet another pass in the Gyllenhaal catalog for me.

Calamity Jane's production levels are so cheap looking that it legitimacy just looks like Oliver and Felicity are jumping through time again. That's some cheap ass CW Vancouver bullshit. But if that trailer isn't all the proof you need that Emily Bett Rickards is a shit actress with as much range as a piece of paper and the depth of a parking lot puddle. I for one will not contribute my time or money to her abysmal career, enjoy your steep decline to the Hallmark channel honey.

About a year ago I remember discussing Dev Patel and how I had never seen him in anything that made me feel like he could be a compelling actor but that Monkey Man trailer was a revelation. I had absolutely no interest in seeing it before the trailer and now it's on my Must See 2024 list.

Another one that I'm looking forward to is Guy Ritchie's next; Ungentlemanly Warefare. Between this one and Argylle, Cavill seems to be enjoying himself quite a bit post-Witcher.

Linklater's first in awhile starring Glenn Powell 'Hit Man'. Been hearing good things about it for over the past year.

This 'Spaceman' trailer is fuckin trippy. Sandler is a solo astronaut and Paul Dano voices an Alien Spider which may or may not be real.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/2/2024, 1:17 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Road House might have been accepted by the masses had they not called it Road House and tried to pretend they were even making the same movie. Alas, it will be a failure and Amazon knows this which is why they aren't even going to give it a theatrical run which has pissed off Gyllenhaal and Doug Liman who feel entitled to one. I've seen the original movie over 100 times in my life, I know it back to front and word for word and absolutely nothing about this new trailer made me feel like I was watching the same movie or even an homage to the original. Yet another pass in the Gyllenhaal catalog for me.

I just learned this is a remake. Never seen it. Embarassed

WyldeMan wrote:Calamity Jane's production levels are so cheap looking that it legitimacy just looks like Oliver and Felicity are jumping through time again. That's some cheap ass CW Vancouver bullshit. But if that trailer isn't all the proof you need that Emily Bett Rickards is a shit actress with as much range as a piece of paper and the depth of a parking lot puddle. I for one will not contribute my time or money to her abysmal career, enjoy your steep decline to the Hallmark channel honey.

I know why she would do this movie but Amell must have done this as a favor because he had better projects going for him.

WyldeMan wrote:About a year ago I remember discussing Dev Patel and how I had never seen him in anything that made me feel like he could be a compelling actor but that Monkey Man trailer was a revelation. I had absolutely no interest in seeing it before the trailer and now it's on my Must See 2024 list.

He's great in everything he's in and I hope this one is a success for him. Action looks great and I'm looking forward to see it.

WyldeMan wrote:Another one that I'm looking forward to is Guy Ritchie's next; Ungentlemanly Warefare. Between this one and Argylle, Cavill seems to be enjoying himself quite a bit post-Witcher.

It looks like it. I didn't even know he had these coming, thought he was just focused on Warhammer.

Guy also has a series coming out on Netflix, not sure if this was posted.

WyldeMan wrote:Linklater's first in awhile starring Glenn Powell 'Hit Man'. Been hearing good things about it for over the past year.

Look interesting. I've only seen him in Top Gun.

WyldeMan wrote:This 'Spaceman' trailer is fuckin trippy. Sandler is a solo astronaut and Paul Dano voices an Alien Spider which may or may not be real.

That looks weird but good.  I pay attention to any dumb movie that Sandler is not doing because he's great when he wants to be.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/2/2024, 2:16 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I just learned this is a remake. Never seen it. Embarassed

New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical) - Page 5 278bf33a-02fc-4132-92f0-4e9c7c341973_text

UltimateMarvel wrote:I know why she would do this movie but Amell must have done this as a favor because he had better projects going for him.

Amell does have a much better project on the horizon, for example Code 8 Part II at the end of this month.

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Another one that I'm looking forward to is Guy Ritchie's next; Ungentlemanly Warefare. Between this one and Argylle, Cavill seems to be enjoying himself quite a bit post-Witcher.

It looks like it. I didn't even know he had these coming, thought he was just focused on Warhammer.

Guy also has a series coming out on Netflix, not sure if this was posted.

I don't believe that trailer was posted before but it looks good. Netflix has quite a few upcoming releases that don't look like total shit. Nice change of pace.

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Linklater's first in awhile starring Glenn Powell 'Hit Man'. Been hearing good things about it for over the past year.

Look interesting. I've only seen him in Top Gun.

My introduction to Powell was years ago in another Linklater movie "Everybody Wants Some!!" so it's nice to see them reunited. Powell's got a bright future, I won't be surprised when he lands a major career defining role probably sometime this year cause he's blowing the fuck up and in Hollywood, everybody wants some. 

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:This 'Spaceman' trailer is fuckin trippy. Sandler is a solo astronaut and Paul Dano voices an Alien Spider which may or may not be real.

That looks weird but good.  I pay attention to any dumb movie that Sandler is not doing because he's great when he wants to be.

Sandler puts out so many movies a year now that it's hard to hate too much cause you know every three months he's putting out something completely opposite of his last release. I can't hate that he's willing to take big risks and show range.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next