BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PlayStation

+3
joey con carne
detective392
UltimateMarvel
7 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

PlayStation  - Page 6 Empty Re: PlayStation

Post by WyldeMan 9/18/2020, 7:59 am

joey con carne wrote:Maybe the PS5 v2 will have better hardware. If the releases follow the previous trends, I guess I'm waiting for three years!

Damn, I figured it'd be like six months maybe a year. I am still undecided if I'm going to buy a PS4 or a PS5 but it will really depend on the price difference between them.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/18/2020, 8:36 am

I wonder how much the PS4 will drop in price. They need to lower the price to the point where someone is willing to pay less and have last generation's system. Maybe $200-250 for the Bro? I mean, if the digital PS5 is $400 and regular is $500, would you pay $300-350 for a PS4 Bro? I sure wouldn't. I'd rather shell out an extra $100 for the latest and greatest. But at two hundred-something, I might be willing to pay for a PS4 to hold me over a few years until the PS5 price goes down on a Black Friday.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/18/2020, 9:18 am

joey con carne wrote:I wonder how much the PS4 will drop in price. They need to lower the price to the point where someone is willing to pay less and have last generation's system. Maybe $200-250 for the Bro? I mean, if the digital PS5 is $400 and regular is $500, would you pay $300-350 for a PS4 Bro? I sure wouldn't. I'd rather shell out an extra $100 for the latest and greatest. But at two hundred-something, I might be willing to pay for a PS4 to hold me over a few years until the PS5 price goes down on a Black Friday.

That's exactly where I'm at, if we're talking A $100-$150 difference then I'm going with the newest but if I can pick up the PS4 for half the price, then I'm going for that one. I still haven't played a PS4 for even an hour's worth of gaming in the last 7 years, I just need something newer than my dusty old PS3 that hasn't been touched in five years.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/18/2020, 12:02 pm

Man, I've been playing the hell out of my PS4 lately. I put risers under my couch to raise it about three inches and it is great. The TV is at a much better height and so are my speakers. Love it.

Looking forward to anything good on the PS5 and dreaming until I buy it. I feel like a lot of games are still slowly being released on PS4.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/20/2020, 12:18 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:I'll be waiting to see what games come out. I still only have one PS4 game (Ghost Recon: Wildlands).

Did you buy your PS4 as an entertainment console or a gaming console? Cause if it's the latter, I think you're doing it wrong....

PS4 was for gaming but I never got into as much as I was expecting, but with the 5 also having a UHD blu-ray drive, I'll be getting it for both. I only have a few 4k discs, and if I ever buy physical media again it will only be UHD - as the next TV I buy will be 4K+ - so the PS5 will be a 2 in 1. Less clutter, and my PS4 game will work on it.

I didn't realize the UHD drive was included, very nice. The included BD player was why I bought my original PS3 and used it for so many years.

I don't even know if I've played a full hour's worth of gaming on the PS4 and it's been about 2 or 3 years since I even touched one.

I am still loving my 55" TCL 4K Roku TV, it was around $400 two years ago and I haven't regretted that purchase once.
The PS3 really killed it as an all in one gaming and entertainment system. The fact that it was a blu-ray player so early into the format was huge for both the PS3 and the blu-ray format. I loved the remote for it too so I could watch things easily while charging my controller. They really should’ve added a UHD drive to the PS4 Pro, it just feels too late on the 5 to me. I have a UHD player for discs, I can stream (Netflix, Hulu, etc) directly through my TV, my player, my Apple TV or my PS4. I’m sure the PS5 will be a good entertainment system, but it's just meeting the standard instead of setting it.

I'm not gonna wait until whatever refresh, but I definitely don’t need to get it at launch. I think people get caught up in hype and forget how underwhelming launch is. There’s not a lot of titles and most of them are made for “both” systems anyway so you’re not seeing all the new benefits.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/20/2020, 6:33 pm

Have any of you read about this yet?

PS5 Has a Mystery Port On the Back & Nobody Knows What It's For
PlayStation  - Page 6 Playst10
The PlayStation 5 has an unexplained port in the back of it, and fans are speculating what it's for. Now that prices and release dates are out of the way and pre-orders are ongoing, the gaming industry is in a two-month waiting game before the next generation. During this time, no detail of upcoming hardware is too small to scrutinize, as it could lead to new information about a player's next big purchase. Often, said details are so minuscule that they go unconfirmed until the launch of the console as well, which at least gives people something to do in this intermittent period of waiting.

The PlayStation 5 has had an interesting prelaunch period, to say the least. Both Microsoft and Sony held off on announcing their pricing details for a long while, likely because of the cost of these machines. While not too different from the previous-gen in terms of functionality, the internal components have seen a big upgrade, and that will lead to smoother games on bigger TVs. Once revealed, Sony's pre-orders went live unexpectedly, causing a week of mass confusion across the web as gamers tried to secure their hardware. While Xbox has yet to start the process, many worry it will be a similar kerfuffle.

Once players get their hands on the PlayStation 5, they may be closer to knowing what the mysterious port on the back of Sony's console can do. Sites such as PlayStationing pointed out the hole, which sits at the top of the console away from all the other plugs. It's rather small, which likely rules out possibilities like a port for a new PSVR headset or some other accessory players have yet to see. With power, HDMI, USB, and Ethernet all accounted for, there really isn't that much else it could be unless it's not a port at all.

PlayStationing suggests that it could be somewhere to secure the horizontal stand, which is a distinct possibility. Others point it out as fitting the look of a Kensington Security Slot, with similar holes appearing on laptops for a long while. If this is true, the PlayStation 5 would support the long-running antitheft system. Although less necessary that a slot for a portable machine like a laptop, those players who regularly travel with their console might prefer the option to lock down their expensive Sony machine wherever they may be.

Whether for security, stability, or some other purpose, players will eventually know what the PlayStation 5's mystery slot is for. Of course, by then, players might also be too distracted by launch titles like Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales to care about something as ultimately inconsequential as a hole in the back of their electronics. It's unlikely that Sony will pull off a big surprise before November regarding the PlayStation 5's functionality, and it is likely to be something of little consequence to most people getting their consoles in the months to come. Nevertheless, it is something for those who can't get enough PlayStation 5 hype to talk about, and that's something.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/21/2020, 10:54 am

Interesting! First time I'm seeing it. Not sure what it is. It looks too small to plug anything into it though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/21/2020, 12:04 pm

Turbonerds are jerking off to that picture now as they contemplate the use of that hole.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/21/2020, 3:15 pm

joey con carne wrote:Turbonerds are jerking off to that picture now as they contemplate the use of that hole.

"I'm the key and you're the lock!!!" followed by an "OHHHHHH YEAAAAAA" Macho Man style......

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2020, 3:07 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/28/2020, 5:59 pm

The console can transform into a female too? PREORDERING NOW!!! Twisted Evil This is the future!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/30/2020, 2:59 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/10/2020, 10:52 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/11/2020, 7:34 pm

Does that teardown video show what that hole is supposed to be? The special hole. The very special hole.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/15/2020, 2:03 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/23/2020, 11:07 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/28/2020, 10:07 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/11/2020, 2:58 pm

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/12/2020, 8:02 am

I'm down with any Spider-Man game as long as he doesn't webswing on clouds.

I still haven't beaten Spider-Man on PS4.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/12/2020, 8:52 am

joey con carne wrote:I'm down with any Spider-Man game as long as he doesn't webswing on clouds.

Is that something that happened?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/12/2020, 10:57 am

It's not a literal sentence but please see the youtube video below and you will know exactly what I mean.

With older games, sure, I can understand why they did it due to limitations on hardware and just the evolution of swinging mechanics. But there were a couple of recent games which had the cloud mechanic and I didn't like it at all like The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014).

The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 were huge steps back in terms of webswinging mechanics from Spider-Man 2 (2004) which was the first game to require buildings and such. 2004!!

Spider-Man on PS4 brought back the good swinging where you can only webswing when you are near a building, lamp post, or tree, etc. You can't just start swinging in the middle of Central Park as if there was a ceiling built over Manhattan.

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/12/2020, 12:21 pm

joey con carne wrote:It's not a literal sentence but please see the youtube video below and you will know exactly what I mean.

Oh snap, now I understand. That very first game they showed is the only Spidey game that I've ever played.

I just told myself at the time that Spidey was shooting his webbing into "Midair" which was an actual place like in wrestling where everything happens "midair".  Razz

Adam Devine has a standup bit about midair which isn't at all relevant to Spider-Man but is to my post....

My mom, uh, gave me a super bouncy ball for my birthday. You guys didn’t have poor parents? That’s cool. Uh… She gave me this bouncy ball, right? And for like two months straight, I was just in my driveway like… Snatched it in midair. That’s a phrase you only use in your youth. “Midair.” Nothing is midair as an adult. Everything as a child is like, “I caught it midair, Mom. It was soaring through the abyss, and I snatched midair. Midair, Mom, midair, midair, midair.” My mom’s like, “Jesus Christ.” [laughter] “Of course you caught it midair, honey. Because anything you catch in the air…would technically be midair. ‘Cause if you caught it on the ground, that’d be called picking it the fuck up, you idiot, you dumb little boy.”
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/14/2020, 6:06 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/15/2020, 2:48 pm

Tetris is drunk as fuck. lol

That Cyber Punk girl is HOT!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/21/2020, 7:48 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/21/2020, 8:22 pm

Rick doesn't even try to hide the money. lol I'm gonna start the show one of these days.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/21/2020, 9:27 pm

https://www.whathifi.com/us/news/major-bug-hits-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-friendly-av-receivers

Just saw this on WhatHiFi while researching a new 4K receiver.

Looks like Xbox buyers who wanted to take full advantage of 4K at 120Hz got shafted by a bug in the Panasonic chipset. That sucks. Might affect PS5 but it appears no cases have been found with the PS5 yet.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/22/2020, 11:38 am

The bug doesn't pass-through 4K 120Hz, seems like a fixable issue with a firmware update. But if I spent money on a 4K TV, receiver, and a new console then I would be pissed too. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/22/2020, 11:59 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Rick doesn't even try to hide the money. lol I'm gonna start the show one of these days.

I love Rick and Morty, I just finished my second series rewatch last week. Though it was my first time watching season 4 and Rick just keeps getting better. I've never seen an animated series that's so violent while also being quite deeply philosophical. It's an absurd comedy one minute and a full blown study of existentialism the next.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/24/2020, 2:18 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/25/2020, 12:47 pm

They have delayed this game so many times. Graphics look amazing but I honestly think it's overhyped.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/25/2020, 1:15 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:They have delayed this game so many times. Graphics look amazing but I honestly think it's overhyped.

That trailer reestablishes its own hype. 

I think Cyberpunk looks phenomenal. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/25/2020, 1:50 pm

Hopefully they won’t pull a Watch Dogs with this game.

That would be hilarious. I would love to watch the turbonerd fallout.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/25/2020, 8:51 pm

joey con carne wrote:Hopefully they won’t pull a Watch Dogs with this game.

That would be hilarious. I would love to watch the turbonerd fallout.

How dare you sir! That would not be hilarious and this game has Keanu as your digital sidekick!
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/26/2020, 9:29 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/29/2020, 6:50 pm

Anyone here played the Last of US series? as well as the Uncharted series?

The first LoU is currently $12, and the first 3 Uncharted games are in a bundle, also for $12.

Worth it? They look like something I'd enjoy.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/29/2020, 7:45 pm

I played the first 3 Uncharted games cause they came with my PS4. I don’t think I finished any of them, but I liked them. It’s basically a lot like the Tomb Raider reboot, some fun exploring and a lot of shooting. I actually prefer the fun adventure stuff more in both games, there are plenty of games for combat.

I played a little bit if the first Last of Us and wasn’t into it, but I definitely seem to be in the minority
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/29/2020, 8:41 pm

Tyger wrote:I played the first 3 Uncharted games cause they came with my PS4. I don’t think I finished any of them, but I liked them. It’s basically a lot like the Tomb Raider reboot, some fun exploring and a lot of shooting. I actually prefer the fun adventure stuff more in both games, there are plenty of games for combat.

I played a little bit if the first Last of Us and wasn’t into it, but I definitely seem to be in the minority

A Tomb Raider vibe is what I got looking at Uncharted, which was my favourite game back in the day.

I went ahead and bought them. $24 for 4 games was an easy spend, and not a big loss if I don't like them.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/30/2020, 8:02 am

Rusty wrote:
Tyger wrote:I played the first 3 Uncharted games cause they came with my PS4. I don’t think I finished any of them, but I liked them. It’s basically a lot like the Tomb Raider reboot, some fun exploring and a lot of shooting. I actually prefer the fun adventure stuff more in both games, there are plenty of games for combat.

A Tomb Raider vibe is what I got looking at Uncharted, which was my favourite game back in the day.

I went ahead and bought them. $24 for 4 games was an easy spend, and not a big loss if I don't like them.

I only played the first Uncharted but I quit as soon as zombies showed up, I just wasn't having that.

But it sounds like you got a few hundred hours worth of gaming for $24 so it doesn't seem like a bad deal for you.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/30/2020, 1:22 pm

Rusty wrote:Anyone here played the Last of US series? as well as the Uncharted series?

The first LoU is currently $12, and the first 3 Uncharted games are in a bundle, also for $12.

I think you'll like them both. LoU is more story driven than gameplay and Uncharted is just a well balanced fun adventure all around.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/30/2020, 2:16 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Rusty wrote:Anyone here played the Last of US series? as well as the Uncharted series?

I think you'll like them both. LoU is more story driven than gameplay and Uncharted is just a well balanced fun adventure all around.

If I remember correctly, I also quit playing Last of Us when the zombies showed up. If you put zombie in a game, I just ain't interested.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/2/2020, 2:17 pm

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/7/2020, 5:35 pm

Absolutely fucking loving The Last of Us. Exactly the kind of game I was looking for. Was worried it was all zombies, but thankfully the human threat is significant. Awesome stuff.

Think I'm about half way through at this point. Just got to Winter, where Ellie is hunting after Joel's injury (I'm assuming Joel's not dead yet).

Won't start Uncharted until I finish this.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/8/2020, 12:48 pm

Rusty wrote:Absolutely fucking loving The Last of Us. Exactly the kind of game I was looking for. Was worried it was all zombies, but thankfully the human threat is significant. Awesome stuff.

Think I'm about half way through at this point. Just got to Winter, where Ellie is hunting after Joel's injury (I'm assuming Joel's not dead yet).

Won't start Uncharted until I finish this.

I knew you would like it. It's a great story.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

joey con carne likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/8/2020, 1:44 pm

Has anyone here gotten a PS5 yet? I remember when the PS4 came out Wylde kept calling it the "next gen" system and I said "Don't you mean 'current gen'?"

Cyberpunk releasing tomorrow on PC. It's already got a 43gb day zero patch with a rumored day one patch coming up. Sounds like the game is being released as a buggy mess.

I am looking forward to the turbonerd meltdown tomorrow if the game sucks. I love reading the forums when shit goes wrong for gamers.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next