BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

+4
UltimateMarvel
joey con carne
WyldeMan
GrooThePerverted
8 posters

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 11 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2016, 8:15 pm

joey con carne wrote:Yea, the show was called Lawman. I recall seeing commercials on TV and it depicted him as an actual sheriff... I think. Either way, he makes dope movies and I'll always watch 'em. I'm a little scared to watch those Anderson Silva videos.

He trained Anderson Silva before some of his biggest fights, they're good buddies but neither of them seems entirely stable. Razz

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 11 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Tyger 12/31/2016, 1:03 pm

I watched In A Valley of Violence last night. Ethan Hawke was solid, as was his character's dog. Travolta wasn't too bad. The other actors...

Also watched Sully with Tom Hanks. Pretty good.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/31/2016, 3:57 pm

Tyger wrote:I watched In A Valley of Violence last night. Ethan Hawke was solid, as was his character's dog. Travolta wasn't too bad. The other actors...

Also watched Sully with Tom Hanks. Pretty good.

Caught that last week, it was like John Wick meets the old West, with a much lower body count and an even more horrific dog murder to set off the events. I had watched Magnificent Seven a few days before and it almost felt like Valley of Violence could have been the prequel for his Seven character. Both even do that possum scream, Hawke is committed to using with his western characters. Razz

I miss the Tom Hanks who didn't just make biopics.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/31/2016, 4:25 pm

I made the John Wick/Magnificent Seven comparison too

You're right, Hanks has done quite a bit of biopics lately, but he's consistently solid
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/31/2016, 4:31 pm

Tyger wrote:I made the John Wick/Magnificent Seven comparison too

You're right, Hanks has done quite a bit of biopics lately, but he's consistently solid

Hawke has always been a solid actor, and just like Hanks he's someone I grew up watching. Thirty years later both guys are still working very consistently and it seems more often now than ever before. Hawke seems to put out 3-4 films every year now and he's in every genre, I just wish Hanks tried out more diverse roles.

Now I think it's physically impossible to not like Hanks, he's just such a charming every man but he spent the first half of his career doing all comedy and the second half doing straight drama and biopics, I just think it'd be nice if he'd try something different. How about an old west sheriff Tom Hanks, like a live action Woody! Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/7/2017, 4:31 pm

I just watched The Accountant and thought it was Affleck's best work since The Town. I enjoyed it quite a bit even though I found certain parts of it to be fairly predictable and others, completely caught me off guard. It's pretty much non-stop action for the majority of the film, with plenty of big shootouts and a high body count but also time for good story and an fascinating lead character.

FYI, if you're seeing this film for anybody other than Affleck, you will be disappointed cause this is his show and all other actors are background players but if you want a solid action drama led by Affleck, then you will highly enjoy it.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/7/2017, 4:42 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I just watched The Accountant and thought it was Affleck's best work since The Town. I enjoyed it quite a bit even though I found certain parts of it to be fairly predictable and others, completely caught me off guard. It's pretty much non-stop action for the majority of the film, with plenty of big shootouts and a high body count but also time for good story and an fascinating lead character.

FYI, if you're seeing this film for anybody other than Affleck, you will be disappointed cause this is his show and all other actors are background players but if you want a solid action drama led by Affleck, then you will highly enjoy it.
I really liked the Accountant too. It's far from non-stop action though. That was how I remembered it and then saw it again with a friend and was surprised at how far apart the action scenes really are. I think it's just the fact that they're so good that makes them more memorable and like they take up more of the time than they really do.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/7/2017, 4:49 pm

Tyger wrote:I really liked the Accountant too. It's far from non-stop action though. That was how I remembered it and then saw it again with a friend and was surprised at how far apart the action scenes really are. I think it's just the fact that they're so good that makes them more memorable and like they take up more of the time than they really do.

You're correct, my description of non-stop was misleading since it probably just felt that way because of how few action movies I actually watch these days. I meant more that I was never bored and was invested in the story right from the opening scene and when the action scenes happened, they did not disappoint.

When did you figure out that Bernthal

Spoiler:

I also expected The Accountant to end a much different way than it did , not nearly as dark as I'd thought.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/7/2017, 5:09 pm

That end surprised everyone. I actually figured out Bernthal
Spoiler:
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/7/2017, 7:03 pm

Tyger wrote:That end surprised everyone. I actually figured out Bernthal
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've NEVER seen that before!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/7/2017, 7:37 pm

I kept telling my friend if they had done a hard reboot of the Terminator franchise a few years ago Affleck could've been the new Terminator. He has like no expression and hardly blinks in his action scenes. I was really impressed.

That being said, apparently the autistic community is not happy about his portrayal. They feel it makes him look like a cold blooded killer because of his autism. When I first saw it though I thought it was cool that after Rain Man etc it was cool to have a badass autistic protagonist.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/7/2017, 8:01 pm

Tyger wrote:I kept telling my friend if they had done a hard reboot of the Terminator franchise a few years ago Affleck could've been the new Terminator. He has like no expression and hardly blinks in his action scenes. I was really impressed.

That being said, apparently the autistic community is not happy about his portrayal. They feel it makes him look like a cold blooded killer because of his autism. When I first saw it though I thought it was cool that after Rain Man etc it was cool to have a badass autistic protagonist.

If he hadn't been Autistic he'd have just been an everyday sociopath. I've often wondered how closely related the two are on the spectrum since both hinge so heavily on a lack of understanding basic emotions or human connection.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/7/2017, 8:56 pm

Oh, you know those scenes where he turns on the strobe light and loud music and like grinds his leg with the stick? I get the light and music was building a tolerance, but what was the stick about?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/7/2017, 9:15 pm

So the Accountant is good? Acquiring now.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/7/2017, 9:47 pm

Tyger wrote:Oh, you know those scenes where he turns on the strobe light and loud music and like grinds his leg with the stick? I get the light and music was building a tolerance, but what was the stick about?

I believe the stick was about building tolerance for touch since the lights and music were also about overwhelming the senses. It was conditioning turned to flogging after his routine was disrupted.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/7/2017, 9:53 pm

I guess that makes sense. I've read that autistic people are comforted by physical pressure being applied like tight hugs, etc so I thought maybe it was to help cope with the other things.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/7/2017, 10:01 pm

Tyger wrote:I guess that makes sense. I've read that autistic people are comforted by physical pressure being applied like tight hugs, etc so I thought maybe it was to help cope with the other things.

They never showed anyone touch him in the entire film until he wrassled in the final act, so it was probably conditioning for touch but I'm not very familiar with Autistic routines.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/17/2017, 4:33 pm

Watching The Mighty Ducks. Holds up.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/17/2017, 6:16 pm

Tyger wrote:Watching The Mighty Ducks. Holds up.

Shit yeah it does, I give that franchise a repeat viewing every few years. I still find them quite quotable and the majority of those kids are still working today.

I don't know why I always loved those movies so much as a kid, to this day I have never stepped foot on a hockey rink.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/17/2017, 6:21 pm

Just watched "Jack Reacher: Never Go Anywhere Without Tom Cruise Runnin" and it didn't disappoint in the runnin department. Even Colbie Smulders joins in.

I like how all his foes stand in a circle and then wait their turns politely as all of their friends get limbs broken. Also, Reacher LOVES to tackle dudes cause he never seems to have a gun, what was that about?

Overall, typical Cruise fare. You already know what to expect with this one.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/17/2017, 6:52 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Just watched "Jack Reacher: Never Go Anywhere Without Tom Cruise Runnin" and it didn't disappoint in the runnin department. Even Colbie Smulders joins in.

I like how all his foes stand in a circle and then wait their turns politely as all of their friends get limbs broken. Also, Reacher LOVES to tackle dudes cause he never seems to have a gun, what was that about?

Better than the first?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/17/2017, 7:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Just watched "Jack Reacher: Never Go Anywhere Without Tom Cruise Runnin" and it didn't disappoint in the runnin department. Even Colbie Smulders joins in.

Better than the first?

Not better or worse, it's a Tom Cruise franchise so everything is pretty much exactly the same.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/17/2017, 7:14 pm

I still have to read the book for that. Have 3 Reacher novels, but have only read One Shot (which the first film was based on). I have Never Go Back, and The Affair - haven't gotten around to reading them yet though.

I did enjoy the first film though, so I'll give the second a shot.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/17/2017, 11:26 pm

Damn. So I decided to get Jack Reacher 2. What a snoozer.

Every character was a walking-talking movie character cliche.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2017, 6:13 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Damn. So I decided to get Jack Reacher 2. What a snoozer.

Every character was a walking-talking movie character cliche.

Yup, that's why I said what I did. Cruise isn't a man who impresses with his acting ability or quality scripts, he's all about the stunts so he can impress Xenu.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2017, 9:43 am

Watched "Inferno" and all I can think is "what a predictable piece of crap" I figured out who the alleged "bad guys" were in the first 15 minutes of the damned movie and it ended took the easy way out at the end by having the world's dumbest "terrorists". Some serious OTT acting by a certain lead actress and camera angles resembling network tv quick reaction cut scenes just gave everything away, so damn quick.

I miss the Tom Hanks who didn't strictly make biopics and Dan Brown adaptations.

In unrelated news, any recommendations based on this list?

Death Race 2050
Deepwater Horizon
Don't Breathe
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
Patriot's Day
The Girl on the Train
The Hollow Point
Trespass Against Us
War on Everybody
War Dogs
Viral

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/18/2017, 2:09 pm

Take Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates off that list. It's not worth your time.

I liked War Dogs.

The most interesting thing about Inferno is thinking "Opie grew up to direct a movie where Tom Hanks is tripping balls"
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2017, 5:40 pm

Tyger wrote:Take Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates off that list. It's not worth your time.

I liked War Dogs.

The most interesting thing about Inferno is thinking "Opie grew up to direct a movie where Tom Hanks is tripping balls"

I was leaning towards War Dogs, thank you.

The most interesting part of Inferno aka the only part i enjoyed was Bed Foster's Ted Talks that opened the film, other than that...utter garbage.

12 Monkeys on SyFy uses that same medieval plague doctor mask so much better, LOL.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/18/2017, 8:35 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
I miss the Tom Hanks who didn't strictly make biopics and Dan Brown adaptations.

I watched Road to Perdition twice over the past month. Probably my favourite Hanks film.

WyldeMan wrote:In unrelated news, any recommendations based on this list?

Death Race 2050
Deepwater Horizon
Don't Breathe
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
Patriot's Day
The Girl on the Train
The Hollow Point
Trespass Against Us
War on Everybody
War Dogs
Viral

Don't Breathe is high on my list of soon to watch. Supposed to be excellent.

The Girl On The Train is suppose to be a pile of shit.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2017, 12:10 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:I watched Road to Perdition twice over the past month. Probably my favourite Hanks film.

YES! Now that was a great choice and one that I too have watched multiple times though not recently but now in his old age, Hanks as about as much edge as a cheese wheel. I was always disappointed that they never made a sequel given the comics followed his son grown up and I'd like to see what Tyler Hoechlin could do with a lead role like that.

Rusty Cunt wrote:Don't Breathe is high on my list of soon to watch. Supposed to be excellent.

The Girl On The Train is suppose to be a pile of shit.

It takes me forever to get around to watch horror movies since they're like 85 minutes and I'm always wondering where the story is but I keep hearing Don't Breathe is pretty good.

I hadn't heard that about Train but based on the trailer I'm fairly certain I solved the crime anyways.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/22/2017, 7:39 pm

Currently watching Balls of Fury on HBO. I love this movie.

This movie has never been released on blu-ray. What's up with that?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/22/2017, 7:57 pm

joey con carne wrote:Currently watching Balls of Fury on HBO. I love this movie.

This movie has never been released on blu-ray. What's up with that?

Had to Google it. Never seen it, but it has Walken and Maggie Q, so I may just have to check it out.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/22/2017, 8:42 pm

If you're in the mood for some decent comedy, this definitely gets a recommendation from me. Walken is pretty funny as is Dan Fogler.

It's a silly movie but it always gets me even though I've seen it plenty of times.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2017, 9:55 pm

joey con carne wrote:If you're in the mood for some decent comedy, this definitely gets a recommendation from me. Walken is pretty funny as is Dan Fogler.

It's a silly movie but it always gets me even though I've seen it plenty of times.

It's an even more ridiculous movie than Dodgeball. It reminds me of the Broken Lizard movies.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/1/2017, 11:49 am

War on Everybody is a darkly comedic movie where Michael Pena and Alexander Skarsgard do as the title suggests and as cops, declare war on pretty much everybody they don't like. It's brutal, violent and it reminded me a lot of the gritty 70's films with the look, soundtrack and the lack of emotions for lead characters other than anger. Enjoyable ride, Wylde recommended.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/5/2017, 7:41 pm

Watched The Baytown Outlaws this weekend. What a fun movie.

Lothar
Hot biker babes
Michael Rappaport

I thought the ending was good. Refreshing to see a movie where the heroes aren't all dead at the end of the movie. I thought for sure Lincoln was not going to make it.

When I was on the fence about buying this for $5.49, Russ said the movie was a bargain at twice the price. I agree 100%.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/5/2017, 8:40 pm

joey con carne wrote:Watched The Baytown Outlaws this weekend. What a fun movie.

Lothar
Hot biker babes
Michael Rappaport

I thought the ending was good. Refreshing to see a movie where the heroes aren't all dead at the end of the movie. I thought for sure Lincoln was not going to make it.

When I was on the fence about buying this for $5.49, Russ said the movie was a bargain at twice the price. I agree 100%.

Very fun movie and always good on a rewatch too. If you liked Fimmel, you should give Vikings a shot. IMO, Best series on all of tv.

Did you happen to recognize any of the hot biker babes?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/5/2017, 9:14 pm

joey con carne wrote:Watched The Baytown Outlaws this weekend. What a fun movie.

Lothar
Hot biker babes
Michael Rappaport

Fuck yeah! About time.

Told you it was good.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/5/2017, 9:19 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Very fun movie and always good on a rewatch too. If you liked Fimmel, you should give Vikings a shot. IMO, Best series on all of tv.

Did you happen to recognize any of the hot biker babes?

The only ones I recognized were Zoe Bell and the tall brunette Lincoln took out. I recognize her from Smallville. She played Zatanna. I'll have to IMDb the rest of 'em.

Vikings is on my list to check out soon. Need to find time. Work is getting busy for me.

Rusty Cunt wrote:Fuck yeah! About time.

Told you it was good.
Yes, sir.

Definitely going to check out other works with Fimmel. He's a cool dude.

Eva Longoria looked pretty good, too.[/quote]

Last edited by joey con carne on 2/5/2017, 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/5/2017, 9:35 pm

joey con carne wrote:Vikings is on my list to check out soon. Need to find time. Work is getting busy for me.

No other tv should exist until Vikings has been viewed in entirety which at this point in time is 49 episodes. Cause that's how you experience a great tv series. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/7/2017, 8:23 pm

Watched Don't Breathe and Bad Moms today.

Don't Breathe was pretty good, a lot of obvious things and some unexpected. Much better than that terrible Evil Dead remake, I didn't even realize it starred the same actress.

Bad Moms was meh. I used to be really annoyed by Kathryn Hahn cause there was awhile she seemed to pop up in everything and as characters I didn't care for but she's really impressed me over the years playing very different characters.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/8/2017, 6:46 am

Tyger wrote:Bad Moms was meh. I used to be really annoyed by Kathryn Hahn cause there was awhile she seemed to pop up in everything and as characters I didn't care for but she's really impressed me over the years playing very different characters.

I would agree with the Bad Moms consensus given that I don't really remember laughing but it was a fairly modern comedy in that they rely too much on shock and gross out or laughs than actual intelligent comedy.

I used to feel the same about Hahn but started to find new appreciation for her after films like "Afternoon Delight" and "This is Where I Leave You". She's got a new Amazon series with Kevin Bacon premiering in a couple months called "I Love Dick".

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/8/2017, 8:32 am

I almost watched Afternoon Delight yesterday, I'll have to check it out soon after all
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/8/2017, 9:01 am

I watched John Wick for the sixth time last night. It was airing on USA after Smackdown. I love John Wick and will be checking out John Wick 2. Matinee, baby!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/8/2017, 10:06 am

Tyger wrote:I almost watched Afternoon Delight yesterday, I'll have to check it out soon after all

It's a very interesting film...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next