BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

+4
UltimateMarvel
joey con carne
WyldeMan
GrooThePerverted
8 posters

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 12 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty 2/8/2017, 9:30 pm

joey con carne wrote:I watched John Wick for the sixth time last night. It was airing on USA after Smackdown. I love John Wick and will be checking out John Wick 2. Matinee, baby!

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 12 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Tyger 2/14/2017, 10:46 pm

Rewatched The Hateful Eight and I actually liked it more than when I saw it in the theater. The things that I didn't like as much then didn't bother me as much this time knowing what to expect.

Watched Hell or High Water. Really solid movie, just nice and straightforward, the only thing really against it is Jeff Bridges voice

Rewatching Some Kind of Monster right now, surprised at how young Metallica looks. I know the footage is over 15 years old but still they were an "older" band at that time
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/15/2017, 6:12 am

Tyger wrote:Rewatched The Hateful Eight and I actually liked it more than when I saw it in the theater. The things that I didn't like as much then didn't bother me as much this time knowing what to expect.

Watched Hell or High Water. Really solid movie, just nice and straightforward, the only thing really against it is Jeff Bridges voice

I've seen Hateful probably 4 or 5 times now and I found that like all QT movies it just gets more enjoyable with every viewing. Walton Goggins stole the film.

Hell or High Water, very solid film and I loved the ending which is rare with films today. Bridges has been stuck in Rooster Cogburn mode for some time now.

Community
Hunters
Suburra: Blood on Rome
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/18/2017, 7:39 pm

Just watched Nocturnal Animals. Great movie with great acting and story. I get now why people were talking about this movie. This is Tom Ford's only second movie, not bad.

The ending certainly leaves it up to the audience.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/22/2017, 11:27 am

I spent all day at the movies yesterday, I saw

La La Land - loved it. I haven't known Gosling or Stone to be singers and they probably could've gotten stronger ones but I liked them. The songs were good but not great but the music itself, the main theme was fantastic. Lots of really impressive long shots with a hell of a lot of activity in them and beautiful natural light. It was my favorite movie of the day for sure.

John Wick Chapter 2 - It was fun, goes by pretty fast except the end which is an obvious sequel set up

A Cure for Wellness - man, I was really looking forward to this and the movie does look great aesthetically but it doesn't seem to know what it wants to be in the end and it telegraphs a lot of things, it was disappointing

The Lego Batman Movie 3D - it was fun, loved the references to the other Batman movies, TV shows and comics. Not as good as The Lego Movie though. The 3D was great as expected since it's animated.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/23/2017, 7:37 am

Tyger wrote:La La Land - loved it. I haven't known Gosling or Stone to be singers and they probably could've gotten stronger ones but I liked them. The songs were good but not great but the music itself, the main theme was fantastic. Lots of really impressive long shots with a hell of a lot of activity in them and beautiful natural light. It was my favorite movie of the day for sure.

John Wick Chapter 2 - It was fun, goes by pretty fast except the end which is an obvious sequel set up

A Cure for Wellness - man, I was really looking forward to this and the movie does look great aesthetically but it doesn't seem to know what it wants to be in the end and it telegraphs a lot of things, it was disappointing

The Lego Batman Movie 3D - it was fun, loved the references to the other Batman movies, TV shows and comics. Not as good as The Lego Movie though. The 3D was great as expected since it's animated.

I remember Gosling on The MMC.  Cool

The only thing I need to know about Wick 2.......does his new dog get murdered too?

That's more movies in one day then I've seen in the last two years, I don't know if I ever went past a triple feature though that would have been about twenty years ago when tickets were like $2. What's that run you these days, about $200?

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/23/2017, 7:45 pm

No dog murder

Tuesday is discount day so tickets are $5
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2017, 7:23 am

Tyger wrote:No dog murder

No dog murder? So does he kill 100 people cause they blow up his house??

Wow a discount day at the theater??? I don't have anything like that within 70 miles. All I've got around me are Regal Cinemas and I believe I paid about $12 for the last matinee I caught.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/24/2017, 3:37 pm

It's the same here. Tuesdays are $5.50.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/25/2017, 6:31 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:It's the same here. Tuesdays are $5.50.

Big city folk prices I guess.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/25/2017, 7:17 am

WyldeMan wrote:

Wow a discount day at the theater??? I don't have anything like that within 70 miles. All I've got around me are Regal Cinemas and I believe I paid about $12 for the last matinee I caught.
Well the beginning is still because of his car (which also gets set up for the sequel) and then the rest is because of a marker. His house being blown up didn't exactly lead to revenge, more motivation to honor the deal.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/25/2017, 7:25 am

Tyger wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Well the beginning is still because of his car (which also gets set up for the sequel) and then the rest is because of a marker. His house being blown up didn't exactly lead to revenge, more motivation to honor the deal.

Alright cool cause I was worried they were gonna use a pointless reason behind the motivation. I can't wait to see this.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/1/2017, 7:20 pm

Watched a couple good movies the other night.

Midnight Special.

Took me a while to watch this, only because it was released after I stopped working, so I haven't been buying anything. It finally hit Netflix so I jumped on it.

Loved it. Big Nichols fan. Have loved everything he's made so far (yet to see Loving). Shannon was perfect. As was Edgerton, whom I had no idea was in it prior to watching.

I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore

This is a Netflix Original starring Melanie Lynskey and Elijah Wood. Both are great. Wood's character is great.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/1/2017, 7:29 pm

I watched Midnight Special sometime last year and remember liking it
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/12/2017, 10:23 am

I watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Jack Reacher: Never Go Back yesterday. Both movies were really good.

Fantastic Beasts is the second time I've seen it and it was even better than the first. I really hope Jacob Kowalski and Queenie are in the next film installment.

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back was not as good as the first one but it wasn't bad.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/12/2017, 1:14 pm

joey con carne wrote:Fantastic Beasts is the second time I've seen it and it was even better than the first. I really hope Jacob Kowalski and Queenie are in the next film installment.

To this day I've never seen a single Harry Potter film, is that required to follow Beasts?

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/12/2017, 2:07 pm

Not required at all. In fact, the film takes place before Harry Potter. They make references to Hogwarts but it makes no difference to the movie. It's cool when you hear about Hogwarts and Dumbledore if you've read or seen Harry Potter before when they mention it in the movie but, again, not necessary.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/17/2017, 10:41 am

Watched Sing last night. Really fun and all the characters except one are like-able. There was no real "bad guy" but each character had their own issues to deal with which makes this movie just a fun, feel-good flick to watch.

When it first came out, I had no idea what it was even about. I just heard a lot of pop songs and thought this movie was just a bunch of animated animals singing covers. This one definitely took me by surprise.

Blu-ray worthy for the music. Yes.

I really like Taron Egerton's version of I'm Still Standing.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/22/2017, 7:39 pm

Rewatched Frailty on Netflix yesterday, haven't seen it since I saw it in theaters when it came out. Holds up pretty well for the most part although I wish they had given it an ambiguous ending.

Redboxed a few movies...

Masterminds - it was OK, kinda funny, but not special or memorable

The Edge of Seventeen - I don't get the hype. Pretty standard coming of age movie to me.

Nocturnal Animals - For some reason I was thinking this was going to be like an erotic thriller and that was definitely not the case. Very good though with a solid cast (and Armie Hammer). I was really disappointed Jake and Jena didn't have any scenes together though so no Donnie Darko reunion

Edit: not exactly movies, but I watched the 2 Dave Chappelle specials on Netflix too and loved them
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/23/2017, 8:44 am

Tyger wrote:Rewatched Frailty on Netflix yesterday, haven't seen it since I saw it in theaters when it came out. Holds up pretty well for the most part although I wish they had given it an ambiguous ending.

Redboxed a few movies...

Masterminds - it was OK, kinda funny, but not special or memorable

The Edge of Seventeen - I don't get the hype. Pretty standard coming of age movie to me.

Nocturnal Animals - For some reason I was thinking this was going to be like an erotic thriller and that was definitely not the case. Very good though with a solid cast (and Armie Hammer). I was really disappointed Jake and Jena didn't have any scenes together though so no Donnie Darko reunion

Edit: not exactly movies, but I watched the 2 Dave Chappelle specials on Netflix too and loved them

I've been looking forward to Nocturnal Animals but I only have two questions at this time; Is Armie in it much and do I get to see him die horribly?

I was planning on checking out the Chappelle specials later today myself, how do they compare to his older material in your opinion?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/23/2017, 4:55 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I've been looking forward to Nocturnal Animals but I only have two questions at this time; Is Armie in it much and do I get to see him die horribly?

Anmie is not in it that much, I'll say that. Great movie though. Jake, Amy and Aaron were fantastic.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/23/2017, 5:49 pm

Armie is luckily not in it much but sadly does not die.

I'm actually not familiar with Dave Chappelle's old stand up so I can't say
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/24/2017, 7:58 am

Tyger wrote:Armie is luckily not in it much but sadly does not die.

I'm actually not familiar with Dave Chappelle's old stand up so I can't say

Armie doesn't die??? He's the new Dane Cook and I must witness his death. Evil or Very Mad

Killin Them Softly was great. Did you ever watch Chappelle Show or are the newer specials all you know him from?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/24/2017, 6:36 pm

I watched it here and there, but people made me hate that fucking show before I ever saw it. It seems like there was at least a solid year I'd hear "I'm Rick James, bitch!" all the goddamn time. Funny enough that was in Sacramento where Dave Chappelle did a show and the audience kept yelling that same fucking line which was an (AN!) event that led to him leaving the show and the spotlight.

I know him best from movies, especially Half Baked. I'm actually a completely drug free person and always have been but I always loved that movie.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/24/2017, 6:54 pm

Tyger wrote:I watched it here and there, but people made me hate that fucking show before I ever saw it. It seems like there was at least a solid year I'd hear "I'm Rick James, bitch!" all the goddamn time. Funny enough that was in Sacramento where Dave Chappelle did a show and the audience kept yelling that same fucking line which was an (AN!) event that led to him leaving the show and the spotlight.

I know him best from movies, especially Half Baked. I'm actually a completely drug free person and always have been but I always loved that movie.

Half Baked was my intro to him as well back around 7th grade if I remember correctly but after that I found his standup and the show made me a big fan, I watched every episode multiple times.

Chappelle Show was insane, i can still watch it and no matter how many times I do, it's still hilarious. The very first scene of the series was about Clayton Bigsby a black, blind white supremacist...

He also had a crackhead character called Tyrone Biggums who would frequently return to speak to elementary school kids about where to score rock and how to steal from their parents.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/25/2017, 3:19 pm

Just watched X-Men: Apocalypse. I had no idea Magneto and Jean (as a teenager - she must be a prodigy of some sort) both had architectural and engineering degrees. They probably did a double-major program somewhere. Jean probably earned her double major degree at Xavier's school.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/25/2017, 9:39 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just watched X-Men: Apocalypse. I had no idea Magneto and Jean (as a teenager - she must be a prodigy of some sort) both had architectural and engineering degrees. They probably did a double-major program somewhere. Jean probably earned her double major degree at Xavier's school.

No but Professor X originally built the school with a Lego set so it wasn't too hard to snap back together after they both studied the instruction pamphlet.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/2/2017, 11:54 am

Currently watching The Blues Brothers. This movie is a riot.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/2/2017, 2:31 pm

Channel surfing and I happened on The Brothers Grimm. Lena Headey is the only good thing about this one. The sets are just awful. It's so obvious they are filming on a set. Shitty movie, too. Okay, changing the channel now.

Alright. Blues Brothers 2000. Not as good as the first one (not even close) but I am digging the music.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/2/2017, 3:55 pm

joey con carne wrote:Channel surfing and I happened on The Brothers Grimm. Lena Headey is the only good thing about this one. The sets are just awful. It's so obvious they are filming on a set. Shitty movie, too. Okay, changing the channel now.

Is that the Ledger/Damon one?

I've avoided that, but I nearly watched it the other night. Glad I didn't sounds like a bomb.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/2/2017, 6:13 pm

Cool Netflix find.

Sniper: Legacy.

Berenger came back for this one. I watched the original Sniper back in the day more times than I can even remember. Pity the whole series isn't on
Netflix (down here).

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/2/2017, 6:54 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Is that the Ledger/Damon one?

I've avoided that, but I nearly watched it the other night. Glad I didn't sounds like a bomb.

Yes, sir, that would be the one. Most of the time, if I feel like a movie is even slightly worthwhile, I would say you should watch it if it's on and you have nothing else to do but don't go out of your way to watch it. The Brothers Grimm does not even deserve that qualification. I say stay away from this one. I watched about 20 minutes of it and had to change the channel.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/2/2017, 9:12 pm

joey con carne wrote:

Yes, sir, that would be the one. Most of the time, if I feel like a movie is even slightly worthwhile, I would say you should watch it if it's on and you have nothing else to do but don't go out of your way to watch it. The Brothers Grimm does not even deserve that qualification. I say stay away from this one. I watched about 20 minutes of it and had to change the channel.

I shall keep avoiding it. Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/2/2017, 11:34 pm

Rewatched The Prestige on Netflix earlier. It's flawed, but so good.

Watched Purple Rain too. I bought the remastered Blu-ray in the purple case not long after it was released and just now watched it, but it's a definite improvement over the old disc.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/3/2017, 7:03 am

Tyger wrote:Rewatched The Prestige on Netflix earlier. It's flawed, but so good.

Watched Purple Rain too. I bought the remastered Blu-ray in the purple case not long after it was released and just now watched it, but it's a definite improvement over the old disc.

Just noticed The Prestige came with the last batch of updates. Netflix has been overloading their new release slots with bollywood and spanish shows about female drug dealers lately. Damn near every update is one or the other.

Is Purple Ran on netflix?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/3/2017, 9:56 am

I don't think so

Watched Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me just now for the second time ever, 10 years since the first. It's a completely different animal from the show which really made me hate it when I originally watched it right after finishing the series so this time I watched the movie first. I still have issues with it but liked it more.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/27/2017, 10:30 pm

Watched the entire first season of One-Punch Man and just finished Bad Moms.

One-Punch Man is pretty fun. If there was any anime you guys were considering watching, this would be the one. 12 episodes, 22 min each.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of Oona Laurence. I thought she was annoying as hell in both Bad Moms and Southpaw. Does she suck in Pete's Dragon?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 5/28/2017, 5:50 am

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/28/2017, 8:57 am

oooh Train to Busan was a winner. Man, some of those scenes really had me on the edge of my seat.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 5/28/2017, 10:03 am

joey con carne wrote:oooh Train to Busan was a winner. Man, some of those scenes really had me on the edge of my seat.

It's a kick ass zombie film, with some genuinely sad moments.

Hollywood is planning a remake, probably won't be half as good.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/31/2017, 11:38 pm

Watched A Cure for Wellness, weird movie and reminded me a lot of Shutter Island in some ways. This one actually turns out to be way crazier though, it goes full retard in the end. lol

Fences is another one I watched and great movie. Really solid performances here and a good meaningful and important story. Directed by Denzel and he did a fantastic job.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/7/2017, 4:48 am

Just had the misfortune of watching Suicide Squad (it hit Netflix today).

Worst part of it, is somewhere amidst all the unnecessary music, bad story/editing decisions, and cut/unused footage - there was probably a decent movie.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/7/2017, 5:16 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Just had the misfortune of watching Suicide Squad (it hit Netflix today).

Worst part of it, is somewhere amidst all the unnecessary music, bad story/editing decisions, and cut/unused footage - there was probably a decent movie.

And that was only if they'd stayed focused on Harley, she was the only part of that movie that worked.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/7/2017, 12:40 pm

Awesome, I just want to see the Batman scenes again. They missed out on having a good movie with the casting and the script, whichever came first. It should've been so easy to get right and they did everything possible to fuck it up.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/16/2017, 8:48 pm

Just watched Satanic, starring Sarah Hyland.

Terrible movie. The worst written, worst acted, unscary horror movie I have ever scene. A talentless borefest.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next