BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+2
Tyger
Rusty
6 posters

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 10 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 2/19/2016, 2:08 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Eli Roth's wife is in this  remake, not surprised.

Eli doesn't make a movie without her anymore and now neither does his producer.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/20/2016, 4:22 pm

Deadpool mocking Kayne.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/20/2016, 8:52 pm

LOL! They're still going with the marketing?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/20/2016, 8:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:LOL! They're still going with the marketing?

There's a huge petition going around to get Deadpool to host SNL and after Kanye's latest rant, Deadpool immediately mocked him.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/22/2016, 9:11 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/22/2016, 12:47 pm

Has anyone here seen The Witch? I remember watching trailers for it and thinking the movie had potential to be pretty scary. I just read the synopsis for the movie and it is not what I expected. Anyone have any thoughts on the movie? Gonna try to find a copy of it online tonight and watch it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/22/2016, 2:02 pm

joey con carne wrote:Has anyone here seen The Witch? I remember watching trailers for it and thinking the movie had potential to be pretty scary. I just read the synopsis for the movie and it is not what I expected. Anyone have any thoughts on the movie? Gonna try to find a copy of it online tonight and watch it.

All I ever heard was rave reviews for it. I haven't seen anything more than the trailers but I'm not a big horror fan so I don't really ever DL them.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2016, 11:00 am

U.S. Federal Marshals unwittingly confirm they secretly track thousands of cell phones
Random Thoughts - Page 10 Us-mar10
A new report from the USA Today details how U.S. Federal Marshals have been using advanced surveillance technology to secretly listen in on phone conversations and track nearly 6,000 criminal suspects.
Their tool of choice? The Stingray.

As we detailed late last year, the Stingray is just one of many tools that government agencies can and have used to listen in on conversations, jam cellphones, and even track the location of specific individuals.

The way a Stingray works is quite simple and clever. The device is able to masquerade as a cell tower from various carriers and force cellphones within a 200 meter radius to connect to it. Once a cellphone is in communication with the Stingray, the device is able to extract data, intercept communications and even track a user’s location. And speaking to how powerful and advanced Singrays are, they even have the ability to force a connected phone to “broadcast at full power for greater surveillance potential.”

Over the past few years, government agencies – from the FBI to local police forces – have been doing their best to keep their use of Stingrays a secret. In fact, some governmental agencies have at various times let suspects walk rather than risk going to trial and revealing information about their surveillance techniques.
As for the U.S. Marshals Service using Stingrays, the agency – which is normally tasked with apprehending fugitives and sex offenders – didn’t reveal too much information aside from confirming that they do in fact deploy Stingrays to keep tabs on suspects.

In a highly redacted spreadsheet handed over by the U.S. Marshals Service in response to a Freedom of Information request, there are nearly 6,000 separate entries detailing instances when Marshals used Stingrays.

The Marshals Service’s response to that request included an almost totally censored spreadsheet listing its stingray cases, with information about the cases stripped out line by line, which made it possible to count the number of entries the agency had made on its log of stingray uses.

The Marshals Service’s surveillance log lists 5,975 cases in which the Marshals Service used stingrays. The agency declined to say what time period the log covered, or where the suspects were arrested. It also declined to identify the suspects, to protect their privacy.

While the 5,975 figure may not mean much out of context, the report provides some information that really highlights how extensively the U.S. Marshals Service has used Stingrays. For instance, the NYPD over the last eight years has used Stingrays approximately 1,000 times.

Naturally, the Marshals Service doesn’t make a point of informing captured suspects that Stingrays were used in their capture. To this point, the agency says that they only reveal such information when a court orders them to do so.

For as much as people talk about surveillance as it pertains to the NSA, it’s easy to forget that there are many more agencies out there using covert methods to track and keep tabs on people.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2016, 11:05 am

So the Feds kick sex offenders to protect their tech while they continue to legally spy on thousands of other "suspects". I'm curious as to what is actually necessary to put someone under that much surveillance. Probably just rumors at best because this is the US government we're talking about.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/24/2016, 12:29 pm

I don't have a problem with this, I think it's necessary. But it should show results otherwise it's just creepy.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2016, 12:54 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't have a problem with this, I think it's necessary.

People think it's actually a good thing their government has free access to all of their information but this pretty much goes against everything I believe. All those gods damned Drones people are flying around everywhere are invasive enough right now, I can't imagine how much worse things will be in the next few years. Privacy is dead so don't ever commit your secrets or sins to print or spoken word.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2016, 2:25 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/24/2016, 3:01 pm

WyldeMan wrote:People think it's actually a good thing their government has free access to all of their information but this pretty much goes against everything I believe. All those gods damned Drones people are flying around everywhere are invasive enough right now, I can't imagine how much worse things will be in the next few years. Privacy is dead so don't ever commit your secrets or sins to print or spoken word.

You got something to hide, Wylde? Very Happy Unless you got something to hide, this really isn't a problem.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2016, 3:38 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:You got something to hide, Wylde? Very Happy Unless you got something to hide, this really isn't a problem.

Everybody has something to hide and if they say they don't they're a gods damned liar. Any massive invasion of privacy like that is always a problem, I find it a problem that you think this is acceptable behavior by your government. Shocked

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/24/2016, 4:54 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:You got something to hide, Wylde? Very Happy Unless you got something to hide, this really isn't a problem.

Everybody has something to hide and if they say they don't they're a gods damned liar. Any massive invasion of privacy like that is always a problem, I find it a problem that you think this is acceptable behavior by your government. Shocked

I said necessary. And I really don't have anything to hide. Nothing that would concern the government anyway.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2016, 5:06 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I said necessary. And I really don't have anything to hide. Nothing that would concern the government anyway.

You'd be surprised what they collect on their citizens...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/24/2016, 5:10 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I said necessary. And I really don't have anything to hide. Nothing that would concern the government anyway.

Assuming they don't care about the videos on my hard drive. lol! If so, I ain't having it. Cool
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2016, 5:13 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Assuming they don't care about the videos on my hard drive. lol! If so, I ain't having it. Cool

Videos, documents, receipts, anything you've ever digitally touched or signed is stored somewhere. Just watch Colony man, those gods damned aliens used our info against us man! Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/24/2016, 9:20 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Videos, documents, receipts, anything you've ever digitally touched or signed is stored somewhere. Just watch Colony man, those gods damned aliens used our info against us man! Razz

I use proxies, I'd like to think I'm protected but I know nobody is protected 100%.

I didn't know Colony involved aliens. I don't know, the show just didn't grab me. I might binge it one day or when I don't have shows to watch.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/25/2016, 7:06 am

I agree with Juice on this one.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/25/2016, 8:01 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I didn't know Colony involved aliens. I don't know, the show just didn't grab me. I might binge it one day or when I don't have shows to watch.

It's from Carlton Cuse co-creator of Lost and Bates Motel. I'm a regular viewer and find it to be intriguing.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/26/2016, 12:14 pm

I started doing pull ups. I can now do 10 straight. Cool Doing push ups and ab crunches too. What else can I do for abs without using equipment?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/26/2016, 2:12 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I started doing pull ups. I can now do 10 straight. Cool Doing push ups and ab crunches too. What else can I do for abs without using equipment?

Do you do one set of 10 and then stop or do multiple sets of continuous 10?

Without any equipment at all or can you get some resistance bands or a few light weights? With Bands you can do a ton of strength exercises that replace weights.

I used to use the Biggest Loser Boot Camp with Bob Harper to build a foundation when I was first starting out and didn't really know what to do. The first week I did the Biggest Loser BC I struggled like crazy to get through that first 25 minute routine huffing and puffing and dying but then by week 2 I was moving on to the next level without even half as much struggle. Eventually I moved onto P90X for much more advanced routines but there are endless video options. I always found it easier to get some basics shown to me that I can duplicate than just trying to make up my own. In the Beginning everything is hard but if you keep with them daily, you'll see week-to-week improvements fast.

I have some push-ups stands which make sure you have perfect form every time and it also takes away a lot of the stress you're putting on your wrists.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/26/2016, 3:10 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Do you do one set of 10 and then stop or do multiple sets of continuous 10?

Multiple but only as far 20, after that I'm out.

WyldeMan wrote:Without any equipment at all or can you get some resistance bands or a few light weights? With Bands you can do a ton of strength exercises that replace weights.

I got two 10 pounds of these. And this one that's 20 pounds. That's it.

WyldeMan wrote:I used to use the Biggest Loser Boot Camp with Bob Harper to build a foundation when I was first starting out and didn't really know what to do. The first week I did the Biggest Loser BC I struggled like crazy to get through that first 25 minute routine huffing and puffing and dying but then by week 2 I was moving on to the next level without even half as much struggle. Eventually I moved onto P90X for much more advanced routines but there are endless video options. I always found it easier to get some basics shown to me that I can duplicate than just trying to make up my own. In the Beginning everything is hard but if you keep with them daily, you'll see week-to-week improvements fast.

I have some push-ups stands which make sure you have perfect form every time and it also takes away a lot of the stress you're putting on your wrists.

I started with doing 5 push ups and can now do 20, rest a couple of seconds and do 20 more. It definitely gets easier. I'll check out the video.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/26/2016, 3:22 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Multiple but only as far 20, after that I'm out.

I started with doing 5 push ups and can now do 20, rest a couple of seconds and do 20 more. It definitely gets easier. I'll check out the video.

You're blowing your muscle payload in one shot if you do 20 rep sets. The most reps I'll ever do in any one set is 12. You burn out way faster if you stress your muscles for longer without breaks. I do 12 reps, 30 second rest, 12 reps, 30 seconds and repeat and depending on the workout I'll vary from 10-15 sets.

Try 12 reps with a 45 second rest and repeat (x2). I bet you'll hit 24 PU and still have something left in your arms.

In a few days you might even try: 10 reps / 45 second rest and repeat (x3). Changing how many reps and adding a quick break could increase your progress substantially. Just increase your sets as you go but doing 20 rep sets is limiting your success in my experience.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/26/2016, 8:12 pm

WyldeMan wrote:You're blowing your muscle payload in one shot if you do 20 rep sets. The most reps I'll ever do in any one set is 12. You burn out way faster if you stress your muscles for longer without breaks. I do 12 reps, 30 second rest, 12 reps, 30 seconds and repeat and depending on the workout I'll vary from 10-15 sets.

Try 12 reps with a 45 second rest and repeat (x2). I bet you'll hit 24 PU and still have something left in your arms.

In a few days you might even try: 10 reps / 45 second rest and repeat (x3). Changing how many reps and adding a quick break could increase your progress substantially. Just increase your sets as you go but doing 20 rep sets is limiting your success in my experience.

I'm using this one by the way.

I will try out your tips. Thanks! How many pull ups can you do?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/26/2016, 8:36 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:You're blowing your muscle payload in one shot if you do 20 rep sets. The most reps I'll ever do in any one set is 12. You burn out way faster if you stress your muscles for longer without breaks. I do 12 reps, 30 second rest, 12 reps, 30 seconds and repeat and depending on the workout I'll vary from 10-15 sets.

I'm using this one by the way.

I will try out your tips. Thanks! How many pull ups can you do?

Wow, I have that exact same pull up bar. I don't do it nearly as often anymore but I made it a point to do 100 everyday, now I do that in about 4 days, lol.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/26/2016, 9:00 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Wow, I have that exact same pull up bar. I don't do it nearly as often anymore but I made it a point to do 100 everyday, now I do that in about 4 days, lol.

Puny man! YOU ARE NOT WORTHY! Razz

Seriously though, isn't 100 a little too much? I would think 50 would be enough. I can see results already and I don't do much. lol!

Also, I use the inner ones and not the ones in the end for the pull ups. Those are MUCH HARDER! I can do 3 on those and it kills me. Incredibly tough!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/26/2016, 9:52 pm

I would struggle to do a single pull-up, and by struggle i mean not a chance.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/28/2016, 4:00 pm

Anyone watching the Oscars tonight?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/28/2016, 4:16 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Anyone watching the Oscars tonight?

That would be a big fat no.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/28/2016, 4:29 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:

lol! Don't like awards, Rus?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/28/2016, 4:58 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:

lol! Don't like awards, Rus?

I don't mind reading the winners next day, but watching that shit would be insufferable.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/28/2016, 5:05 pm

Well, I hope Leonardo wins finally.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/28/2016, 5:52 pm

I don't even know who or what's being nominated, other than Leo, and the journalism movie.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/28/2016, 6:20 pm

I watched the Independent Spirit Awards last night so I don't need to watch the Oscars.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/28/2016, 7:58 pm

Watching it right now, still waiting on the best picture. Mad Max won a lot, which is just ridiculous. The movie that I didn't like very much managed to win most of them. lol!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/28/2016, 8:23 pm

If Leo doesn't win tonight, there will be an EPIC meltdown on Twitter.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/28/2016, 8:44 pm

John Oliver just obliterated Donald Trump aka Donald Drumpf on his HBO series. WOW. Can't wait for that video to hit youtube, you guys gotta see it.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/28/2016, 9:04 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:If Leo doesn't win tonight, there will be an EPIC meltdown on Twitter.

Leo won finally and gave a good speech. He deserves an Oscar but I'm just surprised he's getting it for The Revenant of all the things he's done.

WyldeMan wrote:John Oliver just obliterated Donald Trump aka Donald Drumpf on his HBO series. WOW. Can't wait for that video to hit youtube, you guys gotta see it.

Cool! I'll check it out. Anything that makes Trump look bad is good.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/28/2016, 9:12 pm

Leo won.

Brie Larson is the new It Girl, snatching J-Law's crown.

Like she did to Anne Hatthaway a few yrs ago.

Brie might have to duke it out with Vikander though.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/29/2016, 10:37 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:John Oliver just obliterated Donald Trump aka Donald Drumpf on his HBO series. WOW. Can't wait for that video to hit youtube, you guys gotta see it.

Cool! I'll check it out. Anything that makes Trump look bad is good.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/29/2016, 7:03 pm

I saw that John Oliver last night. It was pretty good. I was wondering when he would stop and move on to another topic. The whole show was about Trump! Very funny stuff.

I just got back home from a weekend in New Orleans and am now winding down with some good ol' WWE. Vinnie Mac is pissed!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/29/2016, 7:18 pm

joey con carne wrote:I saw that John Oliver last night. It was pretty good. I was wondering when he would stop and move on to another topic. The whole show was about Trump! Very funny stuff.

I just got back home from a weekend in New Orleans and am now winding down with some good ol' WWE. Vinnie Mac is pissed!

Usually his main topic is 10-15 minutes but he went on about Drumpf for 22 minutes and it was all informative, true and still cruel. I look forward to John's followup on whatever Drumpf's response was.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/29/2016, 9:09 pm

LOL! That was funny and all very true. I don't understand why people keep supporting him. Hopefully America will agree with John Oliver after watching with that video.

I don't know who I'm going to vote for or if I will at all.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next