BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)

+2
UltimateMarvel
WyldeMan
6 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 8 Empty Re: The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by WyldeMan 4/15/2021, 10:43 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Is this official? Looks fan made...

It is.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 8 Empty Re: The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/17/2021, 12:33 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Is this official? Looks fan made...

It is.

Shit, I'm getting good at this. Cool
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/16/2021, 2:28 pm

Fresh out of DC FanDome this afternoon, a brand new trailer for director Matt Reeves‘ The Batman has taken flight, one year after we got the first footage out of last year’s event.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/16/2021, 5:08 pm

All that full-auto spray-and-pray shooting an not a single person has figured out to maybe aim for the face?

Nice visuals.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/16/2021, 6:55 pm

Rusty wrote:All that full-auto spray-and-pray shooting an not a single person has figured out to maybe aim for the face?

Nice visuals.

NO! That is the NUMBER ONE RULE of tv and movie shooting, YOU NEVER EVER AIM FOR THE FACE!!! Because you could accidentally kill somebody!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/17/2021, 1:16 am

I liked that trailer a lot more than I expected to
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/17/2021, 8:34 am

Tyger wrote:I liked that trailer a lot more than I expected to

Right there with you, I didn't hate it and I'm really interested in seeing Dano's Riddler. I wonder if this Nygma is deformed or if they're keeping his face off screen for some other reason.  

Colin Farrell has disappeared under the Penguin make-up. That's some impressive prosthetic work.

And if the ending turns out like it's rumored to then it sets up an incredible opportunity for the sequel and based on what we just saw in this trailer, I'm starting to believe a lot of the leaked spoilers might just be true.

Including that The Batman is a nearly three hour long detective story, a full blown noir film and that trailer definitely played like it.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/17/2021, 6:18 pm

It was a really nice trailer! Doesn't reveal much about the plot which is good, I haven't read any spoilers.

Zoe looks good as Catwoman, I didn't like the casting choice at first but it looks like she's going to be great.

Colin is unrecognizable, looks like a different actor.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/7/2021, 11:21 am

Colin Farrell to Reprise Penguin Role in ‘The Batman’ Spinoff Series for HBO Max
The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 8 Colin-11
Colin Farrell has officially signed on to star in and executive produce a series spinoff of “The Batman” in which he would again play The Penguin, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

Farrell will first portray the villainous character in “The Batman” starring Robert Pattinson, which is due to be released on March 4, 2022. The series would then reportedly delve into The Penguin’s rise to power in the Gotham criminal underworld. Variety first reported the series was in development back in September, though Farrell was not attached at that time.

Lauren LeFranc is attached to write the script for the series. Along with Farrell, “The Batman” director Matt Reeves and the film’s producer Dylan Clark would executive produce the Penguin series under their 6th & Idaho and Dylan Clark Productions banners respectively. Warner Bros. Television would produce.

Farrell is best known for his many film roles, winning praise for starring in features such as “The Lobster,” “In Bruges,” and “Seven Psychopaths.” On the TV side, he recently starred in the BBC and AMC Plus drama “The North Water” and previously starred in “True Detective” Season 2 at HBO. He most recently wrapped shooting on “The Banshees of Inisherin,” which reunited him with “In Bruges” writer-director Martin McDonough and co-star Brendan Gleeson.

The Penguin, a.k.a. Oswald Cobblepot, is one of the most famous members of the Batman Rogues Gallery, recognizable by his top hat, monocle, and wide variety of deadly umbrellas. On the live-action side, the character has previously been played by actors like Burgess Meredith, Danny DeVito, and Robin Lord Taylor.

Should the Penguin show go forward, it would be the second spinoff series from “The Batman” at HBO Max. The streamer has already ordered a drama set within the Gotham Police Department, with Joe Barton attached as the showrunner. It is part of WarnerMedia’s attempt to launch a new interconnected Batman universe across all of its platforms.

There are several other live-action DC shows in the works at HBO Max, including the “Suicide Squad” spinoff “Peacemaker” starring John Cena, a “Green Lantern” series from Greg Berlanti, and a “Justice League Dark” series from J.J. Abrams among several others. Variety exclusively reported in November that a pilot based on the DC characters “Dead Boy Detectives” had set its entire main cast and begun production.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/27/2021, 3:55 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/27/2021, 8:06 pm

Looks better and better with each trailer. This gritty and dark tone look really works for it. Could potentially be the best Batman movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/19/2022, 10:33 am

There's a rumor floating around that Eternals‘ Barry Keoghan has secretly been cast as the next Joker and will debut in a small cameo in the Batman.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/21/2022, 11:27 am

WyldeMan wrote:There's a rumor floating around that Eternals‘ Barry Keoghan has secretly been cast as the next Joker and will debut in a small cameo in the Batman.

Interesting! I'm going to go see this so we'll see if it's true.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/28/2022, 9:14 am

I did not realize how quickly the release of The Batman was approaching. We've only got four more days until Friday, March 4th so I gotta ask, how many of you are seeing this opening night?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/28/2022, 1:25 pm

I'm going to a concert, but thinking about LIEMAX next week
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/28/2022, 5:20 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I did not realize how quickly the release of The Batman was approaching. We've only got four more days until Friday, March 4th so I gotta ask, how many of you are seeing this opening night?  

Definitely not opening night but I'm going to see it. Have not seen any reviews yet but I hope it's getting positive reviews.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/2/2022, 11:52 am

I will not go opening night but maybe after a couple of weeks. I hope it's as good as it looks.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/7/2022, 1:53 pm

For the most part, I liked it a lot

For me, Dano's Riddler was like Ledger's Joker: a good performance, but not that character.

I think this succeeds where Nolan's version fails. It feels grounded/“realistic” but not…I dunno, sanitized?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/9/2022, 12:19 pm

Tyger wrote:For the most part, I liked it a lot

For me, Dano's Riddler was like Ledger's Joker: a good performance, but not that character.

I think this succeeds where Nolan's version fails. It feels grounded/“realistic” but not…I dunno, sanitized?

Interesting! You got me hyped now.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/17/2022, 11:25 am

The Batman will be headed to streaming via HBO Max on April 19th. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/17/2022, 7:07 pm

Nice. I’m still gonna try to see it one more time in theaters.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/18/2022, 5:58 pm

Damn! That's only a month away. Might as well wait for it. Cool
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/19/2022, 8:42 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! That's only a month away. Might as well wait for it. Cool

That's what I'm doing, everybody can keep pretending we're not still in a pandemic cause they all stopped wearing masks but I sure as hell ain't willing to die just to watch Batman.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/20/2022, 11:56 am

WyldeMan wrote:That's what I'm doing, everybody can keep pretending we're not still in a pandemic cause they all stopped wearing masks but I sure as hell ain't willing to die just to watch Batman.

I was thinking of just gas and ticket prices but that too. lol Cases are going up in China and Europe now because of this new variant. If CDC announces to bring back masks again, people are going to lose their shit.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/20/2022, 6:36 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:That's what I'm doing, everybody can keep pretending we're not still in a pandemic cause they all stopped wearing masks but I sure as hell ain't willing to die just to watch Batman.

I was thinking of just gas and ticket prices but that too. lol Cases are going up in China and Europe now because of this new variant. If CDC announces to bring back masks again, people are going to lose their shit.

I am also unwilling to pay $30 to see one movie.

Masks should be mandatory in public for several more years because at least half this country isn't vaccinated and the rest lack any ability to understand personal space. It's just going to keep surging and killing and people bitch and moan how their rights are being trampled because they have to wear a mask.

We're a pandemic and other people don't get to decide what's safe for me. My ass is staying the fuck at home, sorry Twilight Batman.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/21/2022, 7:36 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I am also unwilling to pay $30 to see one movie.

Masks should be mandatory in public for several more years because at least half this country isn't vaccinated and the rest lack any ability to understand personal space. It's just going to keep surging and killing and people bitch and moan how their rights are being trampled because they have to wear a mask.

We're a pandemic and other people don't get to decide what's safe for me. My ass is staying the fuck at home, sorry Twilight Batman.

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 8 Giphy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/22/2022, 2:56 pm

Paul Dano Penning Origin Story of His Riddler in New Comic Book
The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 8 Foj31y10
Paul Dano is the one actually proving to be quite a Swiss Army Man. The multidimensional Dano, who wrote, produced, and directed his own film Wildlife in 2018, is set to write the origin story of his The Batman character in an upcoming comic book dubbed Riddler: Year One, which will hit shelves this October.

The 41-year-old has shown off more than his acting chops throughout his career, with a wide range of skills, including using his singing voice to illuminate the younger version of Brian Wilson in the Beach Boys frontman biopic Love & Mercy.

DC’s announcement of Riddler: Year One came via DC Comics and The Batman’s Twitter accounts, which teased the release with an image showing his iconic glasses sitting upside down amidst a stack of papers with numbers and a “Question Everything” scribble, with Riddler Year One in clear focus through one of the lenses.

In their online release, DC Comics says that Dano, who “was arguably one of the most chilling and terrifying incarnations ever seen”, will “write Edward Nashton’s path to becoming The Riddler in an new DC Black Label Limited Series!”

The comic book will be a six-issue bimonthly series launching in October, and will be created by Dano and Stevan Subic. According to the release:

This series explores the background of how accountant Edward Nashton went from a simple Gotham City nobody to becoming Batman’s nemesis, setting them on a collision course in the blockbuster feature film

There’s no doubting Dano’s commitment to research and his roles, including his deep dive into understanding serial killers for his Riddler role. Dano’s chilling, eerie, and maniacal yet subdued take on The Riddler in Matt Reeves’ The Batman has drawn rave reviews, especially from fans who are willing to see the actor do just about anything.

No doubt, fans are ready for more. The Batman is creating its own mini-universe in short time, with the Colin Farrell vehicle The Penguin series hitting HBO Max as well as a Gotham PD/Arkham Asylum series that seems to be evolving in scope and storyline by the week.

You can watch The Batman in cinemas now.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/26/2022, 5:18 pm

Joker deleted scene has been released and the actor does a great job with just 5 mins.

If you can't figure out the riddles, the answers are:

Spoiler:
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/26/2022, 5:31 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Joker deleted scene has been released and the actor does a great job with just 5 mins.

If you can't figure out the riddles, the answers are:

Spoiler:

I gave your answers and it didn't accept the second or third, it kept asking me new questions so I just kept tapping enter until it launched the video.

Turns out the Joker casting rumor I posted here a while back was true. Cool

So was this scene completely cut out of The Batman or is this an extended version? I still haven't see it yet.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/26/2022, 5:53 pm

It’s not in the movie at all, there’s a different Joker scene in the movie that’s not nearly as good
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/27/2022, 9:45 am

WyldeMan wrote:I gave your answers and it didn't accept the second or third, it kept asking me new questions so I just kept tapping enter until it launched the video.

Turns out the Joker casting rumor I posted here a while back was true. Cool

So was this scene completely cut out of The Batman or is this an extended version? I still haven't see it yet.

It's not in that specific order but those are the right answers, just tried it again. Maybe you got different questions.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/27/2022, 8:04 pm

Tyger wrote:It’s not in the movie at all, there’s a different Joker scene in the movie that’s not nearly as good

That's a bummer, I wonder why they chose to release it on Youtube instead.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/27/2022, 8:15 pm

Releasing extras as YouTube videos seems to be the thing these days. It’s more baffling to me that Netflix does stuff like that too.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/11/2022, 3:10 pm

‘The Batman’ Premiere Date Confirmed On HBO Max
The Batman now has a solid premiere date on HBO Max. The Warner Brothers blockbuster will launch on the streaming service on Monday, April 18, and also will air on HBO on Satuday, April 23 at 8 PM ET.

It was expected that the Matt Reeves-helmed pic, starring Robert Pattinson in the dual role of Gotham City’s vigilante detective and his alter ego, reclusive billionaire Bruce Wayne, would land on HBO Max in late April. A tech glitch on the HBO website last month briefly posted the date of April 19 for the HBO Max launch before it was taken down. All Warner Bros. theatrical releases are slated to hit the streaming service 45 days after their debut in cinemas. The pic has grossed $735 million worldwide, $359 million domestic.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/19/2022, 9:01 am

I loved the atmosphere of The Batman it has that dark, dirty, gritty Gotham look that's always missing from live action Batman movies.

For the first hour we barely ever saw Pattinson's face in a clear shot and when we did it was very briefly in short intervals. As the movie went on we did see his face more frequently but it was nearly always in a dark scene. I loved this choice. 

Paul Dano's Riddler looked like your every man serial killer and it worked perfectly. Given how unrecognizable Farrell was as Penguin, I was half expecting some major deformities under that mask but given how Joker looks, I can fully understand why he's not. Especially if they're going to be sharing a lot of screen time in the sequel.

Kravitz and Pattinson had some real electricity as the Cat and the Bat and it showed every time they were in a scene. They reminded me a bit of Keaton and Pfeiffer in Returns.

I really enjoyed the twist with his parents and especially Martha Wayne's mental health history. It really helps inform on the psychopathy of Bruce Wayne.

The three hour runtime never felt too long for me and I loved the world building and the multiple setups for the sequel. I really hope that Pattinson and Matt Reeves can put aside their issues and make several more Batman movies together cause I am loving what they've created so far.

As it turns out, the vast majority of spoilers that I'd read on WeGotThisCovered about six months prior to release were true. They've got some very solid sources.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/19/2022, 2:30 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I loved the atmosphere of The Batman it has that dark, dirty, gritty Gotham look that's always missing from live action Batman movies.

Yeah, I was going to mention that too. I really loved the atmosphere and how Gotham looked.

WyldeMan wrote:For the first hour we barely ever saw Pattinson's face in a clear shot and when we did it was very briefly in short intervals. As the movie went on we did see his face more frequently but it was nearly always in a dark scene. I loved this choice.

Bruce's playboy lifestyle is non existent in this movie. This is something that they will revisit probably if there is a sequel because being Batman full time will affect his life as Bruce Wayne and his responsibilities of Wayne Enterprises.

WyldeMan wrote:Paul Dano's Riddler looked like your every man serial killer and it worked perfectly. Given how unrecognizable Farrell was as Penguin, I was half expecting some major deformities under that mask but given how Joker looks, I can fully understand why he's not. Especially if they're going to be sharing a lot of screen time in the sequel.

Riddler's first scene appearance was kind of scary, did not see him at all. Farrell was unrecognizable, I kept trying to see him beneath all that makeup but nope. They did an awesome job.

WyldeMan wrote:Kravitz and Pattinson had some real electricity as the Cat and the Bat and it showed every time they were in a scene. They reminded me a bit of Keaton and Pfeiffer in Returns.

Pfeiffer will always be amazing. But I thought this was the best Catwoman we've gotten thus far.

WyldeMan wrote:I really enjoyed the twist with his parents and especially Martha Wayne's mental health history. It really helps inform on the psychopathy of Bruce Wayne.

That was a nice twist. I don't think I've seen that in any Batman iterations before.

WyldeMan wrote:The three hour runtime never felt too long for me and I loved the world building and the multiple setups for the sequel. I really hope that Pattinson and Matt Reeves can put aside their issues and make several more Batman movies together cause I am loving what they've created so far.

As it turns out, the vast majority of spoilers that I'd read on WeGotThisCovered about six months prior to release were true. They've got some very solid sources.

3 hours didn't bother me but at times the slow walking even as Bruce Wayne was too much. lol Still want to see a sequel and this was a great start.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8