BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)

+2
UltimateMarvel
WyldeMan
6 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/1/2019, 5:33 pm

joey con carne wrote:When you say Ezra is “not a good fit”, do you mean he runs like a f’ing homo? If that is what you meant, I would agree with that assessment.

lol That and he doesn't look or act nothing like Barry Allen. They should cancel his movie until they get the right actor for the job. It's about time Ryan Gosling got into the superhero business. He hasn't been making good movies lately. He's more into small indie movies except the recent Blade Runner 2049 which didn't do too well.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by WyldeMan 2/1/2019, 5:34 pm

joey con carne wrote:Two years away. What a joke.

How's Ben doing with his alcoholism these days? Life is so hard.

Probably still falling down from how good he is at recovery. Cool

joey con carne wrote:When you say Ezra is “not a good fit”, do you mean he runs like a f’ing homo? If that is what you meant, I would agree with that assessment.

Normally it would be super un-PC Principal to stereotype a dude by saying he runs like he spends most of his time taking it up the ass but clearly that's how Ezra chooses to spend his time judging by how he runs.

But beyond his sexuality as Abe said, he just doesn't look, talk or act like Barry Allen. He's a shit copy and a major reason I quit watching the DC films following his casting.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/1/2019, 6:59 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

lol That and he doesn't look or act nothing like Barry Allen. They should cancel his movie until they get the right actor for the job. It's about time Ryan Gosling got into the superhero business. He hasn't been making good movies lately. He's more into small indie movies except the recent Blade Runner 2049 which didn't do too well.
I don’t think Gosling would want to be a slave to a comic book movie contract.

Blade Runner 2049 was fucking great, so under appreciated
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/1/2019, 7:17 pm

Tyger wrote:I don’t think Gosling would want to be a slave to a comic book movie contract.

Blade Runner 2049 was fucking great, so under appreciated

For the right $, I think he would. If Jake Gyllenhaal can play the lame Mysterio, Ryan can play Flash. lol He already has a lean body for it. Or Bradley Cooper if it doesn't interfere with Marvel.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/18/2019, 8:09 am

I'm curious if Jack O'Connell and Aaron Taylor-Johnson are still top choices or if they really think they could get me to suffer through a Kit Harrington led Batman or even worse after Armie Hammer.   Razz   Shocked  Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/18/2019, 12:08 pm

Kit and Arnie are not the way to go. I can't see Jack or Aaron as Batman either.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/18/2019, 1:06 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Kit and Arnie are not the way to go. I can't see Jack or Aaron as Batman either.

I have too much respect for Jack to hope he lands Batman.

In fact.....I have changed my mind about Armie and that he should definitely finally be Batman. It will guarantee that this world is dead to me forever and I can finally grieve and move on.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/18/2019, 6:07 pm

WyldeMan wrote:In fact.....I have changed my mind about Armie and that he should definitely finally be Batman. It will guarantee that this world is dead to me forever and I can finally grieve and move on.

Sucks that he's in the spotlight again after doing Call Me By Your Name. A gay movie was the only way for him to be relevant. lol Stay away from Batman please, DC is fucked as it is.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/18/2019, 6:19 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Sucks that he's in the spotlight again after doing Call Me By Your Name. A gay movie was the only way for him to be relevant. lol Stay away from Batman please, DC is fucked as it is.

I have no idea what movie you're talking about but didn't he already play Leo's gay lover in Eastwood's J Edgar homobiopic?

It's nice to see Armie is so dedicated to his craft and really honing his homosexuality through role play.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/18/2019, 9:49 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I have no idea what movie you're talking about but didn't he already play Leo's gay lover in Eastwood's J Edgar homobiopic?

Seriously? Everyone was raving about Call Me By Your Name a while back and it even won some awards. I did watch J Edgar but I forgot all about it and his role in the movie, it was forgettable movie. lol

WyldeMan wrote:It's nice to see Armie is so dedicated to his craft and really honing his homosexuality through role play.

You think he's really gay? I thought he was straight.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/17/2019, 3:21 pm

Robert Pattinson has been announced to play Batman. He's been doing a lot of independent roles lately and he's a good actor but I don't know if he's the right fit for Batman. What do you guys think?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/17/2019, 3:34 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Robert Pattinson has been announced to play Batman. He's been doing a lot of independent roles lately and he's a good actor but I don't know if he's the right fit for Batman. What do you guys think?

I hadn't actually read this news yet so thanks for the heads up Abe.

I checked out Pattison's movie history and realized I have never actually seen a single movie he's been in before, so I really have no opinion other than the fact that I wasn't planning on seeing this before his announcement and I don't imagine I'll be ending the streak now.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/17/2019, 4:52 pm

No.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/19/2019, 7:56 am

The reports claim that a deal isn't done and that Nicholas Hoult is still in contention but Pattison seems to be the studio favorite.

Why must all American superheroes be played by Brits? Is this a contractually obligated thing now?

They keep crossing the pond, taking all the superhero and vigilante jobs...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/19/2019, 11:42 am

It's kind of weird but as long as they do a great job in the role then it doesn't really matter. Of all the American actors though, they couldn't find one decent actor who's a good fit for Bruce Wayne? lol

My pick was Jake Gyllenhaal but he's Mysterio now.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/19/2019, 3:33 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:It's kind of weird but as long as they do a great job in the role then it doesn't really matter. Of all the American actors though, they couldn't find one decent actor who's a good fit for Bruce Wayne? lol

My pick was Jake Gyllenhaal but he's Mysterio now.

If they had to go british, they could have at least gone with Jack O'Connell but now I can still skip this next Bat movie, so it's probably best that Jack doesn't go anywhere near a cape and cowl.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/20/2019, 10:42 am

WyldeMan wrote:The reports claim that a deal isn't done and that Nicholas Hoult is still in contention but Pattison seems to be the studio favorite.

Why must all American superheroes be played by Brits? Is this a contractually obligated thing now?

They keep crossing the pond, taking all the superhero and vigilante jobs...
It’s racism and white privilege. Those are the reasons white folk from England are preferred over white actors from America. We should sue for discrimination.

Last edited by joey con carne on 5/20/2019, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/20/2019, 10:54 am

WyldeMan wrote:If they had to go british, they could have at least gone with Jack O'Connell but now I can still skip this next Bat movie, so it's probably best that Jack doesn't go anywhere near a cape and cowl.

He's a great actor but again, not a good fit for Batman. You got anyone else? Or an American actor?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/31/2019, 9:16 am

Warner Bros Approves Robert Pattinson For ‘The Batman’
The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 5 Robert10
Warner Bros has approved Robert Pattinson as the star of The Batman, the trilogy of films that Matt Reeves will direct later this year, Deadline hears.

Pattinson has been considered a frontrunner because the filmmaker liked him, but the studio was torn between him and Nicholas Hoult, and wanted both of the actors on tape because this is such a big decision on a cornerstone Warner Bros DC franchise. Those meetings happened yesterday, I’m told, and the decision was made. Hoult, who starred in Tolkien and is about to reprise in the latest X-Men: First Class film Dark Phoenix, was impressive, but Pattinson will be the guy and negotiations will get underway any moment.

The film is produced by Dylan Clark, who produced Reeves’ Planet of the Apes films. Expect an announcement imminently.

Pattinson is a strong choice. He certainly has been at the center of a zeitgest franchise before in Twilight Saga, and he has used the time after to show his chops as an actor in films like High Life, and is starring for Warner Bros in Christopher Nolan’s next film, and just debuted in the Robert Eggers-directed The Lighthouse at Cannes.

They’ve got to work out a deal that will clearly include options on at least two more films, but this is considered a formality in a drawn out process. Reeves’ film tracks Bruce Wayne in the formative stages of Batman, which is why they needed an actor in his early 30s.

This film will in no way carry on the work that Ben Affleck did as the older Batman in Batman Vs. Superman and Justice League.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/31/2019, 3:01 pm

Yay. I hope we get an origin story out of this one.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/31/2019, 4:16 pm

It was between Pattinson and Hoult?? These were their options??
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/31/2019, 7:30 pm

Tyger wrote:It was between Pattinson and Hoult?? These were their options??

Yes because only brits were allowed to audition again and those were the names they decided on...

#AmericanBatlivesMatter

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/31/2019, 8:36 pm

That doesn’t matter to me. Hell, Superman is from an entirely different planet, but that character is more quintessentially American than Batman.

I don’t care that they’re brits, they’re just not exciting choices.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/31/2019, 9:44 pm

Tyger wrote:That doesn’t matter to me. Hell, Superman is from an entirely different planet, but that character is more quintessentially American than Batman.

I don’t care that they’re brits, they’re just not exciting choices.

Would anybody as Batman really excite you at this point? We've seen like 37 different Bruce Wayne's now and I can't say that I even care anymore.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/31/2019, 9:52 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Would anybody as Batman really excite you at this point? We've seen like 37 different Bruce Wayne's now and I can't say that I even care anymore.

That about sums up my feelings on this movie. Sleep
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/4/2019, 5:53 pm

Bale and Affleck looked like Bruce Wayne, Pattinson doesn't. But he's a good actor, I've seen some of his indie movies and he's talented.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/4/2019, 5:59 pm

Bale wasn’t a good Bruce Wayne if you’ve seen American Psycho. I’m sure he had the coolest business card ever though.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/4/2019, 8:42 pm

Tyger wrote:Bale wasn’t a good Bruce Wayne if you’ve seen American Psycho. I’m sure he had the coolest business card ever though.

I thought he was good, conveyed the child hood trauma really well. Didn't show the playboy side to him much but the same can be said about Affleck, he barely had any scenes as Bruce.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/4/2019, 9:12 pm

Tyger wrote:Bale wasn’t a good Bruce Wayne if you’ve seen American Psycho. I’m sure he had the coolest business card ever though.

I can't not see Bale as Patrick Bateman in every role he's in.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/4/2019, 10:55 pm

I don’t see him as Patrick Bateman in every role, but his Bruce was way more Bateman than Batman
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/4/2019, 11:00 pm

Tyger wrote:I don’t see him as Patrick Bateman in every role, but his Bruce was way more Bateman than Batman

To be fair by every role, I mean just in the ones I've bothered to watch and I feel like I've seen him in about five movies in the last decade.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/5/2019, 8:30 pm

Matt Reeves is looking to cast Denzel Washington's son, John David Washington as the next Harvey Dent.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/5/2019, 9:15 pm

FUCK!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/6/2019, 9:00 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:FUCK!

I'm more surprised it's not Kevin Hart.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/6/2019, 9:32 am

They should cast Tiffany Haddish. Harvey Dent in this universe can be a transgender with attitude. Fuck it. Why not?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/6/2019, 9:37 am

joey con carne wrote:They should cast Tiffany Haddish. Harvey Dent in this universe can be a transgender with attitude. Fuck it. Why not?

That's actually a far more likely outcome because cys genders who resemble their comic counterparts are all racist and need to be PC'd.

KILL WHITEY!!!!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/6/2019, 11:11 am

But Harvey Dent has never been a ginger, I’m so confused
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/6/2019, 12:30 pm

Tyger wrote:But Harvey Dent has never been a ginger, I’m so confused

Who said anything about a ginger?

Isn't Billy Dee Williams the only actor who's ever portrayed Harvey Dent in either live action or animation who wasn't a dark haired white guy?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/6/2019, 12:44 pm

I meant in the comics
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/6/2019, 12:49 pm

Tyger wrote:I meant in the comics

I don't remember Harvey being a ginger in the comics either though, I remember him looking the same in the source as he always has in his adaptations.

Did you see a picture of a ginger Harvey in the comics?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/6/2019, 7:54 pm

You clearly, but surprisingly did not understand what I was saying
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/6/2019, 9:31 pm

Tyger wrote:You clearly, but surprisingly did not understand what I was saying

I'm lost....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/17/2019, 4:54 pm

They're looking at Pierce Brosnan for Alfred.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/18/2019, 10:40 am

Brosnan is cool but not right for the role. This movie is fucked.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/18/2019, 7:37 pm

I know I’m old but I’m not old enough for Pierce Brosnan to be considered for Alfred
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next