BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+2
joey con carne
ForeverBlu
6 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 17 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 2/17/2018, 5:15 pm

joey con carne wrote:The media is working overtime in absurdity over this shooting.

The news is constantly harping on a post on a youtube video where someone said something about being a professional school shooter. The FBI investigated it but could never determine who wrote it. However, the media keeps reporting that piece of information even though no one, not even the FBI, could tie that comment to Nicholas Cruz. It's the height of shit reporting.

Meh, just give em two days until the next school shooting.

In one of the articles, they mentioned the fact that this was the 18th school shooting in 2018 and we're six weeks in! God bless Ahumirca.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/17/2018, 11:34 pm

I don't know why I'm so excited for the Smashing Pumpkins "reunion". I'm a fan of all eras/versions of the band and I know Billy and Jimmy are generally the ones that did everything in the studio anyways so James Iha being back and them only playing songs from before the breakup shouldn't be a huge deal, but I'm psyched.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/18/2018, 6:54 am

Tyger wrote:I don't know why I'm so excited for the Smashing Pumpkins "reunion". I'm a fan of all eras/versions of the band and I know Billy and Jimmy are generally the ones that did everything in the studio anyways so James Iha being back and them only playing songs from before the breakup shouldn't be a huge deal, but I'm psyched.

I figured Billy was too busy these days for music now that he's in his second attempt in three years at running a wrestling promotion.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/18/2018, 11:25 am

He released and toured behind a solo album last year
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/18/2018, 2:34 pm

Tyger wrote:He released and toured behind a solo album last year

I used to listen to a lot of early Pumpkins but haven't heard anything in the last decade.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/18/2018, 9:06 pm

I highly recommend Zeitgeist and Oceania
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/19/2018, 1:42 am

Am I a cunt?

So, a young lady I know (21yo) has heart issues. 4 surgeries in the past 2 years, and she now has a pacemaker.

Australia's top Heart docs have now told her the issues she has simply need to be lived with, and dealt with via basic diet and fitness protocols.

Since there is nothing more irrational in this world than a parent, said parent has now initiated a GoFundMe page, with a goal of $30,000 Aus dollars, so she can travel to England, and get their opinion on the matter. A matter I'm sure will be a complete waste of time and money.

However, here's my issue ... in the official GoFundMe listing, the mother miss-spelt England 3 times. Each time was different (englad/englan/Englan).

Now, half a dozen people have tried to share the page, and since they are friends, have tried to stand tall, and partially rewrite everything as if the words come from their own minds - problem is, they all miss-spelt England the same way.

So that's my thing. Girl needs help, yet all I think of is an inability for applying a basic spell-check.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/19/2018, 6:33 am

Rusty wrote:Am I a cunt?

So, a young lady I know (21yo) has heart issues. 4 surgeries in the past 2 years, and she now has a pacemaker.

Australia's top Heart docs have now told her the issues she has simply need to be lived with, and dealt with via basic diet and fitness protocols.

Since there is nothing more irrational in this world than a parent, said parent has now initiated a GoFundMe page, with a goal of $30,000 Aus dollars, so she can travel to England, and get their opinion on the matter. A matter I'm sure will be a complete waste of time and money.

However, here's my issue ... in the official GoFundMe listing, the mother miss-spelt England 3 times. Each time was different (englad/englan/Englan).

Now, half a dozen people have tried to share the page, and since they are friends, have tried to stand tall, and partially rewrite everything as if the words come from their own minds - problem is, they all miss-spelt England the same way.

So that's my thing. Girl needs help, yet all I think of is an inability for applying a basic spell-check.

I understand your frustration. You're torn between feeling empathy and the ability to take the cause serious due to your country's poor grammar skills and highly confusing nature as both country and continent, you people have a lot going on but worrying about England should not be one of them because all of the English are cunts. But hey, I'm usually torn between feeling genuine empathy for humans and just not giving a fuck and just not giving a fuck is my go to move. Cool

On a more serious note, that's really sad about the poor girls situation and when concerning doctors ALWAYS get a second or third opinion cause those cunts can never agree on shit!
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/19/2018, 6:39 am

Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching
Random Thoughts - Page 17 Donald10
Being at Mar-a-Lago the weekend right after Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein unveiled special counsel’s latest blockbuster indictments in Robert Mueller’s Russian election meddling probe, took a heavy toll on President Donald Trump. Unable to blow off steam golfing daily at his course, Trump instead spent the weekend watching TV news and tweeting manically.

In what appeared to be his latest effort before finally crashing Sunday night, Trump lit into Oprah Winfrey, who appeared in a Sunday segment of 60 Minutes that was followed-up on her “A Nation Divided” segment that had kicked off  the newsmag’s 50th season. Oprah interviewed the same 14 people from Grand Rapids, Michigan, half of whom had voted for Trump, one year into Trump’s presidency.

“Just watched a very insecure Oprah Winfrey, who at one point I knew very well, interview a panel of people on 60 Minutes. The questions were biased and slanted, the facts incorrect. Hope Oprah runs so she can be exposed and defeated just like all of the others!” Trump boasted on Twitter.

Trump is Oprah obsessed since her recent Golden Globe Awards speech got rave reviews and calls for her to run against him in 2020. Oprah has been insisting, coyly, that she’s not running ever since.

Oprah was in good company on Sunday; Trump’s Twitter targets over the weekend also included the FBI, CNN, Democrats, and California Rep. Adam Schiff. And, never forgetting to also stroke his base, Trump’s weekend Twitter output also included praise of NASCAR and Whitewater special prosecutor Kenneth Starr.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

That fucker is totally nuts..........
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/19/2018, 4:58 pm

Nothing he says or does surprises me anymore. The only good thing he has done so far I think is removing the individual mandate, that whole thing was bullshit and it made no sense. I am now without health insurance and I don't have to pay for next year. The marketplace insurance is terrible, expensive and not very good coverage. You have to pay a lot to get any decent coverage like dental and vision.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/20/2018, 6:14 am

This is very random but I know I'm not the only Reaper fan out there and caught this in a description of what's airing tonight. This seems so bizarre.... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Random Thoughts - Page 17 Reaper10
Kevin (Probably) Saves the World: Reaper “revival” alert! Bret Harrison and Tyler Labine reprise their roles as Sam and Sock from the CW cult classic during an encounter with Kevin and Kristin.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/20/2018, 9:35 am

Oh shit....what is that, I gotta see this
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/20/2018, 11:55 am

Tyger wrote:Oh shit....what is that, I gotta see this

It's the new Jason Ritter series Kevin Probably Saves the World. It airs on CBS but is available on Hulu.

Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters created Kevin and Reaper, hence the crossover.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 2/20/2018, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/20/2018, 11:59 am

Speaking of CBS and random news, I also just read this.... Mad Mad Mad

The “Magnum P.I.” reboot pilot has cast Jay Hernandez as the titular private eye, Variety has learned.

Hernandez will play Thomas Magnum, a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator. Tom Selleck, who currently stars in the CBS drama “Blue Bloods,” played the role in the original series.

Hernandez’s recent film roles include the DC Entertainment film “Suicide Squad” and appearances in both entries in the “Bad Moms” comedy franchise. He has also appeared in films like “Friday Night Lights,” “Hostel,” and in the Netflix fantasy-action film “Bright.” On the television side, he has recently appeared in “Scandal,” “Nashville,” and “The Expanse.”
Random Thoughts - Page 17 Jay-he10
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/20/2018, 3:32 pm

WyldeMan wrote:This is very random but I know I'm not the only Reaper fan out there and caught this in a description of what's airing tonight. This seems so bizarre.... Shocked Shocked Shocked

WTF?!!! This is indeed bizarre. I've been meaning to check out Kevin but I have a feeling it will get cancelled. I might have to binge the season when it's over.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/20/2018, 3:46 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:WTF?!!! This is indeed bizarre. I've been meaning to check out Kevin but I have a feeling it will get cancelled. I might have to binge the season when it's over.

Pretty sure there are about three episodes left and as you said, likely to be cancelled. I watched the first episode and found it to be very family friendly light hearted fare, so not my thing. I like Jason Ritter but his show choices are terrible.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/20/2018, 9:01 pm

Yeah Jason Ritter definitely has his dad's likability, but not the same knack for choosing roles.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/21/2018, 6:19 am

Tyger wrote:Yeah Jason Ritter definitely has his dad's likability, but not the same knack for choosing roles.

Tyler Ritter just signed on yesterday for one of the CW's next pilots. It's like they're not even trying.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/21/2018, 6:41 am

The Bastard Billy Graham is finally dead at 99! Praise Jesus!!!! Twisted Evil

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/21/2018, 5:55 pm

You heartless human! Who is he?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/21/2018, 6:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:You heartless human! Who is he?

A scumbag tv televangelist who has been  brainwashing and conning the unwashed masses out of their cash while telling them how to live and preaching his hate for nearly a full century. Graham and his kind are responsible for the downfall of this country and I not only relish in but I celebrate their deaths and look forward to the rest of them falling.

Good news, Trump wants to arm teachers and coaches at school's across America because they're so responsible and would be make great superheroes. I might think this was an acceptable solution if there weren't five scandals a week involving teachers banging their students in parking lots.

What I'm saying is people who make $25k a year and are always angry and pissed off after dealing with obnoxious kids all day, should not be handed pistols......
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/21/2018, 7:17 pm

They won’t. They’ll get AR-15’s.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/21/2018, 8:55 pm

I don't think teachers will get armed, though there will be certain States that will allow certain teachers that already possess CCW licenses to carry on school grounds (maybe some already do, I don't know).

I realise it's a massively unpopular opinion, but I never understood the opposition to having armed security at schools that want it.

Politicians, businesses, banks, shopping malls - even celebrities and news stations that loathe the NRA and spend most their time denouncing guns and anyone that likes them - all are perfectly fine with hiring armed guards to protect themselves and their places of works - what the hell have they got against protecting school kids?
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/21/2018, 9:30 pm

We don't have a lot of luck with armed officials meant to protect (and to serve) kids
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/21/2018, 10:59 pm

Man, last weekend I found out one of my credit cards was cancelled. Someone did 17 $25 charges on iTunes. Then today I found out my AT&T account was apparently compromised and someone tried to order 2 iPhones.

Sumbitch
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/22/2018, 2:47 am

Tyger wrote:We don't have a lot of luck with armed officials meant to protect (and to serve) kids

Not to put a damper on things, but can you elaborate on that?
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/22/2018, 6:13 am

Tyger wrote:Man, last weekend I found out one of my credit cards was cancelled. Someone did 17 $25 charges on iTunes. Then today I found out my AT&T account was apparently compromised and someone tried to order 2 iPhones.

Sumbitch

I looked at my bank account today and there was a "WITHDRAWAL" of $1,700 on February 20. That was not me. I have not stepped foot into that bank since last August. It wasn't a transfer to another bank. It appears to be a cash withdrawal from a branch.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to withdraw $1,700 from any ATM in one shot. Ally Bank and HSBC only allow for $500 maximum per day from an ATM so I am just assuming this withdrawal was done with a teller. I can't remember the last time I did a teller withdrawal but I'm assuming they have to check ID and stuff, right?

I called the bank (Astoria Bank) and they are going to look into it further because, again, it appears to just be a regular withdrawal. Astoria Bank was recently acquired by Sterling Bancorp (Sterling National Bank) so I'm just hoping it was some sort of encoding error and not a case of identity theft.

I want that money back.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/22/2018, 6:48 am

joey con carne wrote:
Tyger wrote:Man, last weekend I found out one of my credit cards was cancelled. Someone did 17 $25 charges on iTunes. Then today I found out my AT&T account was apparently compromised and someone tried to order 2 iPhones.

Sumbitch

I looked at my bank account today and there was a "WITHDRAWAL" of $1,700 on February 20. That was not me. I have not stepped foot into that bank since last August. It wasn't a transfer to another bank. It appears to be a cash withdrawal from a branch.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to withdraw $1,700 from any ATM in one shot. Ally Bank and HSBC only allow for $500 maximum per day from an ATM so I am just assuming this withdrawal was done with a teller. I can't remember the last time I did a teller withdrawal but I'm assuming they have to check ID and stuff, right?

I called the bank (Astoria Bank) and they are going to look into it further because, again, it appears to just be a regular withdrawal. Astoria Bank was recently acquired by Sterling Bancorp (Sterling National Bank) so I'm just hoping it was some sort of encoding error and not a case of identity theft.

I want that money back.

Wait a minute, both Tyger and Joey have had someone steal their identities this week?  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Rusty wrote:I realise it's a massively unpopular opinion, but I never understood the opposition to having armed security at schools that want it.

Politicians, businesses, banks, shopping malls - even celebrities and news stations that loathe the NRA and spend most their time denouncing guns and anyone that likes them - all are perfectly fine with hiring armed guards to protect themselves and their places of works - what the hell have they got against protecting school kids?

My problem isn't with armed security who's job involves weapons training, my problem is with arming coaches and teachers like Trump thinks is a good idea. Just panicked and untrained teachers with weapons...
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/22/2018, 7:53 am

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/22/2018, 1:02 pm

Good news! It was not identity theft. It turns out there was some sort of coding error done by the back office. The money has been returned to my account and will take a day to post. My heart is finally settling down.

Unacceptable! I demand a free month mortgage payment for my mental pain and suffering!

I love Honest Trailers. One of my faves is Godzilla from 2014.

I will be watching that Deep Blue Sea 2 trailer as soon as I'm back on the weefee.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/22/2018, 4:13 pm

Yeah, I don't think arming teachers is a good idea. Why not place a couple of officers? I think 2 in every high school would do it.

joey con carne wrote:Good news! It was not identity theft. It turns out there was some sort of coding error done by the back office. The money has been returned to my account and will take a day to post. My heart is finally settling down.

Nice! Wonder if they would have contacted you if you didn't notify them of the issue first.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/22/2018, 9:40 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, I don't think arming teachers is a good idea. Why not place a couple of officers? I think 2 in every high school would do it.

joey con carne wrote:Good news! It was not identity theft. It turns out there was some sort of coding error done by the back office. The money has been returned to my account and will take a day to post. My heart is finally settling down.

Nice! Wonder if they would have contacted you if you didn't notify them of the issue first.
Because police offers keep killing kids as I mentioned earlier
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/23/2018, 7:25 am

Tyger wrote:Because police offers keep killing kids as I mentioned earlier

Cops today all seem terrified and just fire without warning, they'd be shooting students left and right, same with teachers and coaches. So what's next ex-military so they can then use the best of the PTSD cases fresh home from the war to guard students lives? There is no situation in where more guns make things better and this is coming from someone as you'll remember, used to sell guns.

And there's also this pathetic fact that I hope the parents seek vengeance for.

BTW. the Officer immediately "retired" after learning he'd be suspended without pay.

Since Columbine it has been standard protocol for authorities on site not to wait for backup or reinforcements, but engage the gunman immediately and disrupt the spray of gunfire. Instead, the deputy who was on duty at Marjory Stoneman on February 14, in uniform and armed, chose instead to stand outside the building for at least four of the six minutes it took the gunman in to dispatch 17 former classmates and school staff, a distressed Israel told reporters Thursday afternoon.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/23/2018, 2:50 pm

Four Broward Officers Took Cover Outside Florida School As Gunman Killed 17 – Report
When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL, on Valentine’s Day, they saw not just the officer assigned to the school but three more Broward police officers with pistols drawn but taking cover behind their cars as a gunman was inside killing 17 students and staff, CNN’s Jake Tapper reported Friday, citing sources.

When those Coral Springs police entered the building, the four original Broward officers on scene did not join them, sources told CNN. It’s unclear whether the shooter was still in the building when they arrived.

One day earlier, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel held a press conference at which he acknowledged the armed deputy on duty at Stoneman Douglas High never entered the building where last week’s slayings were occurring.

Since Columbine in 1999, it has been standard protocol for authorities on site not to wait for backup or reinforcements but to engage the gunman immediately and disrupt the spray of gunfire. Instead, the deputy who was on duty at Stoneman Douglas on February 14, in uniform and armed, chose instead to stand outside the building for at least four of the six minutes it took the gunman in to dispatch 17 former classmates and school staff, a distressed Israel told reporters Thursday afternoon.

Tapper reported that video from the school campus is being reviewed and a report will be released next week. The Lead anchor said officials have cautioned that the official account could differ from officers’ initial recollections, as often happens in these high-stress situations.

CNN’s report was on air a couple hours after President Donald Trump again pitched the NRA’s proposal to arm teachers at public schools to protect students from shooters, in the wake of this country’s latest school semi-automatic weapon mass shooting.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/23/2018, 4:39 pm

Damn! Well, that's the best thing I can think of is placing officers on every school. Not every cop has a trigger itch and some will do great in these kinda of situations and some won't like in this case. Better to have them there than not though.

I feel like the Florida shooting is having an impact more than previous school shootings though. Students are protesting, it's starting conversations and I think America has had enough with students dying.

And guns are the problems I think no matter how people try and spin this on mental issue or what have you. You don't hear this kind of shit in other countries. They said the shooter bought the AR-15 online.....not sure if that is true. If it is then that's an issue right there.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/23/2018, 5:36 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! Well, that's the best thing I can think of is placing officers on every school. Not every cop has a trigger itch and some will do great in these kinda of situations and some won't like in this case. Better to have them there than not though.

I feel like the Florida shooting is having an impact more than previous school shootings though. Students are protesting, it's starting conversations and I think America has had enough with students dying.

And guns are the problems I think no matter how people try and spin this on mental issue or what have you. You don't hear this kind of shit in other countries. They said the shooter bought the AR-15 online.....not sure if that is true. If it is then that's an issue right there.

Irrelevant. Firearms purchased online don't get mailed to your door. It still gets sent to an FFL holder (Federal Firearms License) - which is a dealer/business authorized to buy/sell firearms. The appropriate background checks and such then get carried out, and once approved, the buyer can come and pick it up.

It's a nice little shock keyword the media likes to use, but it alters nothing in process of purchasing firearms.

Last edited by Rusty on 2/23/2018, 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/23/2018, 5:38 pm

Rusty wrote:Irrelevant. Firearms purchased online don't get mailed to your door. It still gets sent to an FLL holder (Federal Firearms License) - which is a dealer/business authorized to buy/sell firearms. The appropriate background checks and such then get carried out, and once approved, the buyer can come and pick it up.

It's a nice little shock keyword the media likes to use, but it alters nothing in process of purchasing firearms.

Rust nailed it, this is exactly how my business operated.

UltimateMarvel wrote:I feel like the Florida shooting is having an impact more than previous school shootings though. Students are protesting, it's starting conversations and I think America has had enough with students dying.

America will never tire of school shootings, it's the only category our education system ranks first in.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/23/2018, 6:55 pm

Ah! Then I don't see that as an issue. Guns are still part of the problem. What is a background check anyway? Someone with a clean background can still purchase one and do something horrible the next day. "Ok, sir. Your background check has cleared. Here is your rifle, grenades, automatic and RPG that you ordered. Have a nice day." Neutral Not sure if it's obvious but I've never been to a gun store before.

Look, all I know is, something needs to be done. Raise the age limit to 25 or something for buying guns, anything helps instead of the "thoughts and prayers" that has become the norm.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/23/2018, 7:30 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Nice! Wonder if they would have contacted you if you didn't notify them of the issue first.

I bet they would not have said anything. Fuckers. Lesson learned. Always check bank accounts even if you have no activity.

I want a gun. My dream guns would be a Beretta PX4 Storm, an HK P30L, an HK USP, and a 1911.

I notice there are many brands of 1911: Browning, Springfield, Remington, Kimber, and many others.

Which make would you guys recommend? My pop used to have a Browning 9mm and that gun was sweet.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/23/2018, 9:49 pm

No guns for me. I'd rather burglars just steal my TV and shit than for me to have to kill them but that's just me.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/23/2018, 10:45 pm

joey con carne wrote:
I want a gun. My dream guns would be a Beretta PX4 Storm, an HK P30L, an HK USP, and a 1911.

I notice there are many brands of 1911: Browning, Springfield, Remington, Kimber, and many others.

Which make would you guys recommend? My pop used to have a Browning 9mm and that gun was sweet.

I believe Browning stopped making 9mm 1911 in the past few years (if your heart's set on a 9mm), and now only make them chambered in .380 and .22. I could be wrong on that though.

Springfield, Remington, and Kimber are probably the most popular 1911 makers at the moment for mass produced offerings. They'll have something for every budget and shooter type. Doubt you'll find any "bad" ones. Just find a range near you with a few different offerings from each manufacturer and see if you can test them out. Find the one that feels good, fits your price - and most importantly, looks the best (trust me, you don't want something you hate to look at. You'll never use it).

There will also be a few niche makers out there that make nice handguns that may tickle your fancy.

I love HK gear, but that stuff's pricey. I want me an MR223 A3 11" Very Happy

UltimateMarvel wrote:No guns for me. I'd rather burglars just steal my TV and shit than for me to have to kill them but that's just me.

You know, there's a long history of people getting raped/murdered/beaten within and inch of their lives in their home by intruders - not everyone breaking into your house just wants to steal your TV.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2018, 5:57 am

joey con carne wrote:I want a gun. My dream guns would be a Beretta PX4 Storm, an HK P30L, an HK USP, and a 1911.

My Kimber Ultra Carry II is the smoothest pistol I've not only ever held but fired. Nothing compares to the feel or accuracy of a Kimber, IMO.

I bought my Kimber over a decade ago and nothing before or after even came close, however for half the price a Springfield XD is an affordable and reliable option.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/24/2018, 7:56 am

Rusty wrote:You know, there's a long history of people getting raped/murdered/beaten within and inch of their lives in their home by intruders - not everyone breaking into your house just wants to steal your TV.

True. There are other means of stopping dangers like that, gun is not the only weapon you can use. And if you must own a gun, shoot to wound and not kill. Most people who have a gun would probably not react fast enough to go to their safe and stop an intruder anyway, they just feel safe having a weapon in the house to protect their families.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2018, 9:43 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Rusty wrote:You know, there's a long history of people getting raped/murdered/beaten within and inch of their lives in their home by intruders - not everyone breaking into your house just wants to steal your TV.

True. There are other means of stopping dangers like that, gun is not the only weapon you can use. And if you must own a gun, shoot to wound and not kill. Most people who have a gun would probably not react fast enough to go to their safe and stop an intruder anyway, they just feel safe having a weapon in the house to protect their families.

When I was 11 years old, that is exactly what happened to a very close neighborhood friend of mine, Ashley Jones was only 12 years old when she was beaten to death and repeatedly raped by a 17 year old who broke in while she was babysitting down the street from her home.

When I was 18, another close female friend of mine, Dana Fure was murdered in her home after her ex-boyfriend broke in and put a shotgun to her head after the police refused to help her in the weeks leading up to her murder.

Those events had a very profound impact on my life and the way I feel about people in general. But if someone ever broke into my home, I can assure you shooting to wound would not even be a consideration, I would stop at nothing short of pure annihilation.

If your gun is always locked in your safe and unloaded then it's useless and is not about protecting your family, it's about saying that you own a gun and you will end up as another statistic.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/24/2018, 10:02 am

Wow! Sorry to hear that man. I don't know anyone in my life that's been murdered or raped. You can see why I have different views on this.

Look, I know guns aren't the problems, it's people. But the only way to stop this is to keep guns away from certain people and that means ruining the fun for everybody else. At least for the time that we live in now, lets say a decade or two. Right now, one disturbed kid out there is looking at the Florida shooting and going "I want to do that one day. I want to go out like that." or maybe worse. It's fucked up.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next