BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+2
joey con carne
ForeverBlu
6 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 7/28/2017, 6:54 am

Tyger wrote:I liked Felon, decent flick for both Kilmer and Dorff who have both seen better days in their careers

Shotcaller looks like a retread of Felon. Both Kilmer and Dorff could really use some new agents though cause they used to make good movies but it's been quite some time.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/28/2017, 4:27 pm

I don't know why Stephen Dorff didn't become famous, he's made some good movies. He does have Leatherface coming up though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/28/2017, 4:37 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't know why Stephen Dorff didn't become famous, he's made some good movies. He does have Leatherface coming up though.

Leatherface will be trash and gross $7 million.

When I was a kid I had VHS copies of The Gate, SFW and The Power of One that I watched all the time. But his choices as an adult haven't exactly been that great. Outside of Blade, Felon and Deuces Wild I'm really at a loss trying to remember anything else in the last 20 years that I really enjoyed. He's not a bad actor, he just has a terrible agent....I'd like to see what Dorff could do in a Tarantino movie.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/28/2017, 6:50 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't know why Stephen Dorff didn't become famous, he's made some good movies. He does have Leatherface coming up though.

Leatherface will be trash and gross $7 million.

When I was a kid I had VHS copies of The Gate, SFW and The Power of One that I watched all the time. But his choices as an adult haven't exactly been that great. Outside of Blade, Felon and Deuces Wild I'm really at a loss trying to remember anything else in the last 20 years that I really enjoyed. He's not a bad actor, he just has a terrible agent....I'd like to see what Dorff could do in a Tarantino movie.

Yeah, he was great in Blade. I also enjoyed Brake. The guy needs a good film is all.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/28/2017, 9:26 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

Yeah, he was great in Blade. I also enjoyed Brake. The guy needs a good film is all.

Motel Life
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/29/2017, 6:42 am

Rusty wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:

Motel Life

Saw it but didn't find it to be a film requiring a second viewing.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2017, 7:56 am

Facebook shuts down AI system after it invents own language
Random Thoughts - Page 2 2017-010

Mark Zuckerberg may believe Elon Musk’s warnings about the dangers of artificial intelligence are “irresponsible,” but a recent incident at the social network appears to suggest the Tesla boss could have a point: Facebook researchers decided to shut down an AI they invented after it started speaking its own made up language.

I've talked to Mark about this. His understanding of the subject is limited.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 25, 2017

Digital Journal
reports that the system was trained in English but decided this was an inefficient and illogical way of communicating. The solution it came up with was to create a system of code words and phrases that made the AIs sound slightly drunk.

In a conversation between two bots called Bob and Alice, Bob states: “I can i i everything else.” Alice responds with the equally bizarre: “balls have zero to me to me to me…” The rest of the exchange consisted of variations of these sentences.

Rather than this being the first step toward the system concluding humans are a virus that should be wiped out, it’s merely the way in which the intelligence operates. The bots are negotiating an exchange of balls, with repeated use of words like “i” and “me” representing the number of items.

Modern technology uses a “reward” system where it expects actions to have a “benefit.”

"There was no reward to sticking to English language," Dhruv Batra, a research scientist from Georgia Tech who was at Facebook AI Research (FAIR), told Fast Co. Design.

"Agents will drift off from understandable language and invent code-words for themselves. Like if I say 'the' five times, you interpret that to mean I want five copies of this item. This isn't so different from the way communities of humans create shorthands."

“It’s definitely possible; it’s possible that [language] can be compressed, not just to save characters, but compressed to a form that it could express a sophisticated thought,” Batra added.

This isn’t the first instance of AIs abandoning English in favor of “shorthand.” Google’s AI, for example, can efficiently translate between language pairs it hasn’t explicitly been taught by using its own made up ‘universal language’ as a buffer.

As for Facebook’s AIs, the researchers decided to shut down the system as they wanted the bots to communicate with people.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/31/2017, 10:00 am

"i" and "me" sounds like the beginning of Skynet to me. SHUT THAT SHIT DOWN!...............as Negan would put it. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2017, 10:46 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:"i" and "me" sounds like the beginning of Skynet to me. SHUT THAT SHIT DOWN!...............as Negan would put it. lol

Facebook just built Skynet. What where the odds...
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2017, 10:51 am

Sam Shepard is dead.  Crying or Very sad
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/1/2017, 9:09 am

R. Kelly Tour Dates Canceled Following "Sex Cult" Allegations
R. Kelly’s U.S. tour will be shorter than expected with confirmation that three concerts have been scrapped and at least one other show is in doubt.

Ticketmaster’s website reveals the singer’s upcoming After Party tour dates are canceled at UNO Lakefront Arena, New Orleans (Aug. 11), Raising Cane’s River Center Arena, Baton Rouge; and Music Hall at Fair Park, Dallas. At press time, the remaining seven shows are slated to go ahead as planned.

The cancelations follow allegations that the R&B artist is purportedly holding a number of women in a kind of sex "cult” (a claim he denies). Kelly hit the stage at Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater in Virginia Beach, Va., last Friday night for his first performance since the lurid claims emerged.

The singer didn’t hold back on his signature outrageous antics. His fans, however, weren’t all onboard. The venue, according to TMZ, appeared to be at below half-capacity in the hours leading up to the show and the news title blames slow ticket sales for the latest cancelations.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/1/2017, 11:22 am

Dang, sucks to hear about Sam Shepard.

R. Kelly can suck it. I do not like nor dislike him but whatever. Eat shit, Mr. Kelly.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 8/1/2017, 11:24 am

From my POV, Ethan Hawke happened.

Just like how Gretchen Mol fell off, once Charlize came along.

Plus Dorff got caught up in the Celeb lifestyle, focused more on that instead of his acting career.

Like you guys said, he can act and had the potential to become an A Lister.

Sadly club brawls, bangin models and drugs became more important.

Than the craft and his career suffered for it.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/1/2017, 1:58 pm

Oh, I liked Somewhere, that was another good Dorff movie and for me one of Sofia Coppola's better movies as well
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/2/2017, 9:27 am

Tyger wrote:Oh, I liked Somewhere, that was another good Dorff movie and for me one of Sofia Coppola's better movies as well

Is that the one where he hung out by the pool at the Chateau Marmont most of the movie with a really little Elle Fanning?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/2/2017, 10:34 am

Yeah, he did a really good job playing a washed up actor...
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/2/2017, 1:35 pm

Tyger wrote:Yeah, he did a really good job playing a washed up actor...

Oh right, well all that research finally paid off in an indie film that very few people saw. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/2/2017, 1:51 pm

Everyone, you will be excited to know that Vin Diesel has heard your vocal demands and he will be producing another remake of Miami Vice at NBC next year.

Fast and the Furious star Vin Diesel is developing a Miami Vice reboot at the Peacock network, which he will executive produce, THR.com reports. Should it move forward, the reimagined series could be on the air as early as the 2018-19 season.

The original Miami Vice, starring Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas as undercover detectives in the titular city, ran for five seasons on NBC before its cancellation in 1989. The series was already remade once, as a 2006 feature-length film starring Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx.

The new Miami Vice is being written by Peter Macmanus (The Mist), and also counts Fast and the Furious scribe Chris Morgan among its EPs.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/2/2017, 3:52 pm

Elle Fanning has a very long neck.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/2/2017, 4:44 pm

If only they had the balls to do a Miami Vice show The Brady Bunch Movie style
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/2/2017, 4:51 pm

Tyger wrote:If only they had the balls to do a Miami Vice show The Brady Bunch Movie style

I bet this time Crockett is black and Tubbs is a Latino woman, you know for good storytelling purposes.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/4/2017, 7:07 am

The hackers who hit HBO last week and stole 1.5TB of information and media and then released several episodes of HBO's shows online have vowed to return for another data dump this Sunday. You'd think if they really wanted to fuck with HBO, they'd just release the final four episodes of GoT like they did with two years ago with the first half of the season.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 8/4/2017, 7:45 am

WyldeMan wrote:Everyone, you will be excited to know that Vin Diesel has heard your vocal demands and he will be producing another remake of Miami Vice at NBC next year.

Fast and the Furious star Vin Diesel is developing a Miami Vice reboot at the Peacock network, which he will executive produce, THR.com reports. Should it move forward, the reimagined series could be on the air as early as the 2018-19 season.

The original Miami Vice, starring Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas as undercover detectives in the titular city, ran for five seasons on NBC before its cancellation in 1989. The series was already remade once, as a 2006 feature-length film starring Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx.

The new Miami Vice is being written by Peter Macmanus (The Mist), and also counts Fast and the Furious scribe Chris Morgan among its EPs.

First the trailer for that shitty Death Wish remake, now this.

Who the fuck was asking Vin to reboot Miami Vice? Shocked

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/4/2017, 8:29 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Who the fuck was asking Vin to reboot Miami Vice? Shocked

FB.....you never swear, is this real anger for the reboot?

I blame his followers. He seems to do whatever they tell him on his Facebook or twitter accounts so one of them probably asked him to remake Miami Vice.

And in totally unrelated news, just saw this and had to share.... Shocked

The rapper Prodigy, half of the hip-hop duo Mobb Deep, died from accidental choking, according to a report from TMZ.

The site previously reported Prodigy choked on an egg while in the hospital for treatment for sickle cell anemia. The rapper died on June 20 at the age of 42.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 8/4/2017, 8:47 am

I'm a huge MV Stan, not here for this bullshit at all.

Besides, the show was already reimagined back in the 90's.

And done right.

Fox's New York Undercover.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/4/2017, 10:32 am

WyldeMan wrote:The hackers who hit HBO last week and stole 1.5TB of information and media and then released several episodes of HBO's shows online have vowed to return for another data dump this Sunday. You'd think if they really wanted to fuck with HBO, they'd just release the final four episodes of GoT like they did with two years ago with the first half of the season.

If they ever get caught, there will be serious consequences. I can't imagine how much money this is going to cost HBO. For this to happen twice though, it's very strange. How low level is their security? It's gotta be an inside job, plug in a USB flashdrive and get out of dodge. It would only take seconds.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/4/2017, 12:07 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:If they ever get caught, there will be serious consequences. I can't imagine how much money this is going to cost HBO. For this to happen twice though, it's very strange. How low level is their security? It's gotta be an inside job, plug in a USB flashdrive and get out of dodge. It would only take seconds.

How many hackers do you read about being sentenced to prison? I've only read about a handful in the last ten years, usually they just seek asylum.

Not an inside job, they just have shit security and haven't taken proper measures since the last hack.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/5/2017, 7:05 am

Bob Mueller Is Assembling a Grand Jury Against Trump. Here’s What It Means.
Thursday’s news that Special Counsel Robert Mueller is tapping a grand jury as part of his ongoing investigation jolted Washington and sent pundits to the airwaves, seeking to explain what this latest twist in the Russia story might tell us about President Donald Trump’s ultimate fate.

There’s no doubt this move is significant: It means Mueller believes there is sufficient evidence a crime was committed to warrant a criminal investigation. But people are leaping to conclusions that the public evidence doesn’t yet support.

Only a grand jury can issue an indictment, which is the only way that someone can be charged with committing a felony pursuant to the U.S. Constitution. Merely impaneling a grand jury does not mean that Mueller will ultimately seek an indictment, although most grand jury investigations do result in someone being indicted. When a prosecutor does seek an indictment, one is almost always returned by the grand jury—hence the old saw that a grand jury would “indict a ham sandwich” if asked.

A grand jury, which consists of 16 to 23 people, is an important tool that allows prosecutors to issue subpoenas that require people to produce documents and other evidence. Subpoenas can also be used to compel people to testify under oath before the grand jury. You can expect Mueller and his team to issue many subpoenas in the months ahead.

Because grand jury subpoenas are an important prosecutorial tool, typically a grand jury is impaneled at the very beginning of an investigation, not at the end. Indictments are usually sought at the very end of an investigation, after all of the witnesses are questioned and all of the documents are obtained. So despite all the punditry on cable news, there’s no suggestion here that Mueller is closing in on any particular target, such as the president. In all likelihood, he’s just getting started.

It is possible, though, that as a starting point Mueller will eventually seek an indictment of a lower-level figure in or around Trump’s campaign. Sometimes, when prosecutors are facing obstacles in obtaining evidence, they seek an indictment of one individual or a group of individuals prior to completing their investigation, if they believe that those individuals might cooperate with the government and provide evidence. Otherwise, decisions about who to charge are left to the very end of the investigation.

The work that grand juries do is secret, which means that grand jurors—whoare ordinary citizens chosen at random and vetted by the federal district court—cannot share what is happening before the grand jury. Federal rules also prevent prosecutors from disclosing what happens before the grand jury. But those same rules permit witnesses to disclose what happened, and people who receive grand jury subpoenas are usually not prohibited from disclosing their contents. That means that we will likely continue to hear media reports about witnesses and documents sought by Mueller and his team, as we did on Thursday.

One quirk of grand juries could be significant. When a witness testifies under oath before the grand jury, no one else is permitted to be present other than the prosecutor and the grand jurors. The witness is not even allowed to have a lawyer present, and the normal rules of evidence that limit questioning in a trial do not apply. For that reason, when witnesses receive a grand jury subpoena, their lawyer often asks the prosecutor to agree to permit the witness to be interviewed by the prosecutor and an FBI agent with the lawyer present. The FBI agent’s presence would make it a crime to lie during the interview—creating the risk of Trump or one of his associates committing a crime through their words—but the lawyer would be present and could assist the witness.

That said, interviews are not typically transcribed, even though the FBI agent prepares a report memorializing the interview. For that reason, when it is important for a prosecutor to pin down a witness’s testimony, the prosecutor will insist that the witness testify under oath before the grand jury. For example, President Bill Clinton testified before a grand jury in the investigation by independent counsel Kenneth Starr—who later accused Clinton of providing “perjurious, false and misleading testimony,” leading to his impeachment by the Republican-led House of Representatives.

As for Trump, we’re probably a long way from learning whether he’s broken any laws, although he very well may be in Mueller’s sights. The fact that a grand jury has been impaneled does not affect whether Mueller will be fired, as the president has threatened to do, and it does not in any way restrict the bounds of his investigation.

That said, as a practical matter, the existence of a grand jury investigation confirms that Mueller is conducting a criminal investigation, not merely a counterintelligence investigation. It’s possible that the existence of a federal criminal investigation might increase the political cost of firing Mueller. Republican senators have already warned there will be “hell to pay” if Trump fires Attorney General Jeff Sessions, whose recusal from the Russia investigation has enraged and frustrated the president, so that he can hire a more pliant attorney general.

That said, Thursday’s news is not surprising. Mueller has already hired 16 prosecutors—some of the most accomplished investigators ever assembled on one team. These are people with deep skills and experience in prosecuting cases on money laundering, campaign finance violations and foreign bribery, as well as a sophisticated understanding of how to handle sprawling, complex investigations like this one. If any crimes were committed, they’re likely to find out.

The evidence in the public domain was already enough to warrant an investigation, which is why Mueller was appointed in the first place. Now, the existence of a grand jury confirms what many of us presumed, which is that Mueller is conducting a wide-ranging criminal investigation. What we don’t know is what, if anything, it will uncover.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/5/2017, 3:16 pm

I don't think more than 2 or 3 days ever pass anymore without another teacher student sex scandal and 90% of the time it seems to be a hot 20 or 30 something woman gettin down with multiple students throughout the school year on park benches and in cars after chatting online.

Did anybody ever get down with one of their teachers or is this just something every millennial is doing these days?

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/5/2017, 9:59 pm

I'm curious how all this Trump/Russia stuff is going to play out. Personally, I think nothing will come of it.

Ten or fifteen years ago I remember reading and seeing on the news teacher and student sexcapades but the teachers were never this young. Not sure what the heck is going on but I do agree with you. It seems like they are getting prettier and prettier. LOL
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/5/2017, 10:12 pm

I also don't think anything will come of it, but hoping

I never even had any hot teachers
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/6/2017, 7:25 am

In news that will shock no one another big celeb nekkidness "leak" is currently in our midst and I will say this, Alison Brie is one very photogenic woman.... Twisted Evil

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/6/2017, 12:31 pm

God dammit, I'm at work on my lunch break, I got hours before I can investigate
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/6/2017, 1:04 pm

Tyger wrote:God dammit, I'm at work on my lunch break, I got hours before I can investigate

Dave Franco is one lucky bastard....
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/6/2017, 4:22 pm

I had no idea they were married. Very nice.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/6/2017, 6:52 pm

joey con carne wrote:I had no idea they were married. Very nice.

Yup....
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 8/6/2017, 8:36 pm

Just like I expected, Chris Pratt and Anna Farris are legally
separating.

Fatty glowed up, career is hot and now he's dumping the one that
loved his broke ass.

During his struggle yrs.

Word in den Hollywood streets, he was cheating.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/6/2017, 9:16 pm

It's sad when it's two funny people
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/7/2017, 12:35 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:God dammit, I'm at work on my lunch break, I got hours before I can investigate

Dave FUCKING Franco !?!?!?!?!?!?!? Evil or Very Mad
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/7/2017, 6:52 am

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Dave FUCKING Franco !?!?!?!?!?!?!? Evil or Very Mad

For five years.....

I know, it goes against nature but insanely hot women love very ackward looking dudes. Remember Mila Kunis and Macauley Culkin? That defiled all reason and they were together for like ten years.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/9/2017, 7:37 am

Country legend Glenn Campbell died at 81 yesterday and the last 7 years of his life he'd had Alzheimer's.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/10/2017, 1:42 pm

Taking tomorrow off. Gonna get back into the gym and hit some dope cardio in the morning. Been a stressful last couple of weeks and I definitely need to the break to wind down. I also scheduled to take the 25th off.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/11/2017, 8:03 am

Hader hasn't been on SNL in several years, too made it's not likely we'll see more of his Mooch character since the real dude got ousted after 11 days in his post.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/11/2017, 8:30 am

Random Thoughts - Page 2 DDCmNBk
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/11/2017, 8:54 am

Christian Bale is trying to make his heart explode again for another film role. This time he's playing Dick Cheney in a Biopic and he's packing on the pounds for it....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next