BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wind River (Renner / Olsen / Bernthal) (August 4th)

4 posters

Go down

Wind River (Renner / Olsen / Bernthal) (August 4th) Empty Wind River (Renner / Olsen / Bernthal) (August 4th)

Post by WyldeMan 1/15/2016, 9:50 pm

Wind River (Renner / Olsen / Bernthal) (August 4th) Jeremy10
Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen have been set to star in Wind River, a drama written by Sicario scribe Taylor Sheridan, who also is on board to make his feature directorial debut. Sicario producer Basil Iwanyk’s Thunder Road is producing this one with Peter Berg and Matthew George.

Sicario screenwriter Taylor SheridanThe pic, which begins shooting in March in Park City, centers on Cory (Renner), who works for the Fish and Game Department as a hunter of coyotes and other predators. Suffering after the death of his teenage daughter, he stumbles upon the raped body of a teenage girl frozen in the desolate wilderness. A rookie FBI agent (Olsen) who is unfamiliar with the terrain and weather enlists Cory to help her find those responsible.

The film is being produced by Iwanyk’s Thunder Road, Berg’s Film 44, George’s Savvy Media Holdings and Acacia Filmed Entertainment Llc., the latter a joint venture partner with the Tunicia-Biloxi Indian tribe. Elizabeth Bell, Star Thrower Entertainment are executive producing along with Riverstone Pictures, which is co-financing with Acacia.

Renner, a two-time Oscar nominee, has been plenty busy keeping up with the Avengers and Mission: Impossible franchises. He also is executive producing with an eye to recur in Knightfall, a historical drama that was just given a straight-to-series order for a 2016 bow on History. He is repped by CAA, Untitled Entertainment and Patti Felker.

Olsen, also in the Avengers fold, is next up playing Hank Williams’ wife Audrey Mae in the Sony Pictures Classic biopic I Saw The Light, which has a March 25 release date.

Sicario, a Thunder Road production, picked up three Oscar noms Thursday: for Cinematography (Roger Deakins), Original Score (Jóhann Jóhannsson) and Sound Editing (Alan Robert Murray). The drug-war drama starring Emily Blunt and Benicio Del Toro and directed by Denis Villeneuve has made $80.6M worldwide since its September release via Lionsgate.

The Wind River deal was negotiated by Neil Meyer repping Sheridan, Elizabeth Bell for Acacia, Jonathan Fuhrman on behalf of Thunder Road and David Matlof for Film 44.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 7/17/2017, 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wind River (Renner / Olsen / Bernthal) (August 4th) Empty Re: Wind River (Renner / Olsen / Bernthal) (August 4th)

Post by ForeverBlu 1/16/2016, 5:04 pm

Sounds interesting.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Wind River (Renner / Olsen / Bernthal) (August 4th) Empty Re: Wind River (Renner / Olsen / Bernthal) (August 4th)

Post by ForeverBlu 7/31/2016, 8:41 pm

Jon Bernthal joined the cast a while back.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 1/22/2017, 9:10 am

Wind River was screened and well received at Sundance.

Taylor will probably get a Best Original Screenplay Oscar nom
this Tuesday.

For Hell or High Water.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 5/26/2017, 12:40 pm

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/17/2017, 5:55 pm

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/17/2017, 7:17 pm

Can't wait to watch this one, looks good.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 8/26/2017, 1:34 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Can't wait to watch this one, looks good.

Caught a matinee earlier, this is a must see.

Solid directorial debut for Taylor, both he and Renner will definitely get Independent Spirit Award noms.

Same for the actor that played the grieving father.

Oscars, could be a long shot.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/26/2017, 5:40 pm

Nice! I suspected it would be. The trailer was very good and didn't reveal too much.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/10/2017, 6:14 am

Wind River hit torrents this morning.

First War of the Apes and now this. Good week to be a pirate. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/10/2017, 2:20 pm

Fucking December it gets released on Blu and iTunes here.

Might have to attempt an early acquisition.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/10/2017, 4:45 pm

NICE! Thank the gods! I was expecting this the end of October earliest.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/12/2017, 4:39 am

Watched this tonight.

Disappointing.

Had all the right ingredients, but Tyler's decision to direct cost him. His world and dialogue need a defter hand both behind the camera and in the editing room.

Another multi-million dollar budget movie that would have benefited greatly from the simple purchase of an $80 tripod or two.

It was by no means bad, but I can't help wonder how magnificent it could have been had Villeneuve and Deakins returned to call and create the shots.

I'll definitely watch his second effort at directing, but this was undoubtedly an amateur's effort.

Easily the least impressive of his trilogy.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/3/2017, 1:19 pm

Watched it last night and I see what you mean Russ. Did the hype kill it for you? I wasn't disappointed. I liked it but it wasn't as good as Sicario, still a good movie though. Great performances and a good script, a statistic that I wasn't even aware of about missing of Native American women if not for this movie. If I can learn something from a movie then it's a win for me.

It did have shaky cams during the action scenes, especially in the sled scenes but I don't know if a tripod could make a difference in those weather conditions and the mountains.

The girl who plays the victim, I've seen her on Teen Wolf and I don't think I've seen her in a movie before but she did great and definitely not an easy role for sure.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/3/2017, 2:33 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:The girl who plays the victim, I've seen her on Teen Wolf and I don't think I've seen her in a movie before but she did great and definitely not an easy role for sure.

Kelsey Asbile got her start on One Tree Hill years before she did Teen Wolf but she received good reviews for this movie and her next project is a major role with Kevin Costner in his new series Yellowstone on the Paramount Network so she's definitely one to watch.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/3/2017, 3:48 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Kelsey Asbile got her start on One Tree Hill years before she did Teen Wolf but she received good reviews for this movie and her next project is a major role with Kevin Costner in his new series Yellowstone on the Paramount Network so she's definitely one to watch.

LOL! I forgot she was in One Tree Hill too, I remember her.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/3/2017, 3:59 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Watched it last night and I see what you mean Russ. Did the hype kill it for you? I wasn't disappointed. I liked it but it wasn't as good as Sicario, still a good movie though. Great performances and a good script, a statistic that I wasn't even aware of about missing of Native American women if not for this movie. If I can learn something from a movie then it's a win for me.

It did have shaky cams during the action scenes, especially in the sled scenes but I don't know if a tripod could make a difference in those weather conditions and the mountains.

The shaky cam problem I had wasn't during an action scene. That shit's inevitable.

My problem was during a talking scene, when Renner and Olsen go back to Hawkeye's cabin. They're just standing around, talking, and drinking coffee. There were a few scenes in that sequence where it looked like the cameraman was standing on a boat in a lake. It was sloppy and all over the place. It's nit-picky, and a pet-peeve, but it annoys the ever loving fuck out of me. If people are just standing around talking, lock those fucking cameras down.

The other issue was I had consumed a few drinks, and being tipsy exaggerates stupid unnecessary camera movement. Cool

Outside of that, I didn't hate it. I re-watched it a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it more. It's only real problem was it followed Sicario and Hell or High Water, the latter of which I've now watched over half a dozen times and is as flawless as a film could be.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/5/2017, 3:44 pm

Rusty wrote:The shaky cam problem I had wasn't during an action scene. That shit's inevitable.

My problem was during a talking scene, when Renner and Olsen go back to Hawkeye's cabin. They're just standing around, talking, and drinking coffee. There were a few scenes in that sequence where it looked like the cameraman was standing on a boat in a lake. It was sloppy and all over the place. It's nit-picky, and a pet-peeve, but it annoys the ever loving fuck out of me. If people are just standing around talking, lock those fucking cameras down.

I didn't notice it in that scene, it was in the action scenes for me mostly.

Rusty wrote:The other issue was I had consumed a few drinks, and being tipsy exaggerates stupid unnecessary camera movement. Cool

This is starting to make a whole lot sense now.  Razz

Rusty wrote:Outside of that, I didn't hate it. I re-watched it a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it more. It's only real problem was it followed Sicario and Hell or High Water, the latter of which I've now watched over half a dozen times and is as flawless as a film could be.

I don't feel the same way about Hell or High Water. Sicario is the shit though!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down