BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

+4
UltimateMarvel
joey con carne
WyldeMan
GrooThePerverted
8 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 18 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/18/2018, 6:08 pm

joey con carne wrote:What does "katana" mean?

WyldeMan wrote:It means Japanese fighting sword.

lol There is a gif for that.

Tyger wrote:Just saw Annihilaton...kinda disappointed. Great visuals, story was just OK. I did not like the Thriller ending. I don’t see how that was the artistic ending they fought for.

Saw it today too. Great cast, definitely great visuals but it was a lame story. Keeps you wondering and then...........leaves you wondering in the end as well.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 18 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty 3/18/2018, 7:02 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

Tyger wrote:Just saw Annihilaton...kinda disappointed. Great visuals, story was just OK. I did not like the Thriller ending. I don’t see how that was the artistic ending they fought for.

Saw it today too. Great cast, definitely great visuals but it was a lame story. Keeps you wondering and then...........leaves you wondering in the end as well.

You two are no fun.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/18/2018, 7:43 pm

I don't think it was especially strong to begin with, but I was definitely expecting more
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/19/2018, 7:38 am

I watched it a few days ago and was very underwhelmed after waiting so long after Ex Machina, it wasn't even remotely edge of my seat or creepy, I was just mostly confused by a lot of the story choices and shocked by that terrible ending and everything in between. There was a random affair with a co-worker that played absolutely no consequence to the story yet wasted lots of time on and yet they only allowed two minutes for the crocodile scene which I thought there was going to be a hell of a lot more of and then a radioactive bear for a couple minutes more and a lot of walking and ladies mean mugging and plants that looked like they belonged in The Happening?

Can you please explain the aliens to me, cause what the fuck was all that? I had no idea aliens were involved in the story until I saw that ridiculous silver surfer showed up and Portman climbed into the lighthouse's asshole and I don't understand the snake stomachs or how much was even real and then they ended up being Body Snatched???? I was so disappointed and confused.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/19/2018, 4:13 pm

You all suck
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/19/2018, 4:46 pm

Rusty wrote:You all suck

Maybe but not nearly as much as Annihilation. No pretentious bullshit pretending to be a movie for me sir, no way.

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 18 Giphy
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/19/2018, 6:36 pm

We need a reverse of the that GIF where the mic flies up into his hand.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/19/2018, 6:57 pm

Ooh that reminded me. I've got a NDT book to read.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/20/2018, 7:03 am

joey con carne wrote:We need a reverse of the that GIF where the mic flies up into his hand.

That would be dope...... Shocked
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/21/2018, 2:38 am

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 18 QKP2eNN

Veronica - 2.5/5

Watched: Netflix

Language: Spanish with English subtitles

Just finished watching "the scariest film on Netflix". If that's true, it's only because their catalogue of scary movies sucks.

Some school girls grab a Ouija board and do a seance during an eclipse. Typical horror tropes ensue. A few cool scenes, but pretty standard fare.

The fact it's based around a true case in Spain from the 90's is the only thing that makes it remotely interesting enough to keep you engaged.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/21/2018, 8:56 am

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:We need a reverse of the that GIF where the mic flies up into his hand.

That would be dope...... Shocked

Success!

It's a little bit off because I only reversed the mic drop part and I cut out that guy in the end. I hope this is satisfactory. Also, the full word "gravity" is cut off a bit. It looks like he's saying "gra...".

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 18 KLnmu04
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/21/2018, 2:07 pm

joey con carne wrote:Success!

It's a little bit off because I only reversed the mic drop part and I cut out that guy in the end. I hope this is satisfactory. Also, the full word "gravity" is cut off a bit. It looks like he's saying "gra...".

I've never made a gif before, let alone a reverse one so good job. BTW the guy who runs in is the Daily Show's Larry Wilmore.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/21/2018, 6:32 pm

Oh, I didn't actually "make" it. That is, I don't have any software on my computer to do it. I just uploaded the gif to a website and then utilized that site to modify it. It was kind of a bitch where I had to go frame by frame and change it.

I used this site:

https://ezgif.com/maker
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/21/2018, 7:58 pm

Rusty wrote:3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 18 QKP2eNN

Veronica - 2.5/5

Watched: Netflix

Language: Spanish with English subtitles

Just finished watching "the scariest film on Netflix". If that's true, it's only because their catalogue of scary movies sucks.

Some school girls grab a Ouija board and do a seance during an eclipse. Typical horror tropes ensue. A few cool scenes, but pretty standard fare.

The fact it's based around a true case in Spain from the 90's is the only thing that makes it remotely interesting enough to keep you engaged.
I thought it was gonna be a vampire thing with ample but disappointing nudity
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/26/2018, 7:29 pm

I watched Jumanji and Justice League back to back. I liked Jumanji better. Justice League was "okay" but it just didn't seem like it flowed very well. Jumanji had me cracking up most of the way through. I love Jack Black.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/26/2018, 8:21 pm

joey con carne wrote:I watched Jumanji and Justice League back to back. I liked Jumanji better. Justice League was "okay" but it just didn't seem like it flowed very well. Jumanji had me cracking up most of the way through. I love Jack Black.

Black has been consistently insane and funny for 25 years. I loved his early work in Airborne, True Romance and of course Waterworld! Razz Cool

I watched the Godfather on Netflix. I've seen it more times than I could count and I still love it, though I wish one of these streaming services would offer up the amazing 7 hour Godfather Epic cut which chronologically edited Parts I & II into a masterpiece that feels like a whole new film that I could watch again and again. I need that version in my life!!!!
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/28/2018, 6:59 pm

Watched Sherlock Gnomes tonight. Fun story and overall a nice movie. Definitely not something I would have wanted to see in theaters.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/29/2018, 6:00 am

joey con carne wrote:Watched Sherlock Gnomes tonight. Fun story and overall a nice movie. Definitely not something I would have wanted to see in theaters.

I was positive you were making that title up........... Razz Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/29/2018, 7:02 am

Sherlock Gnomes is voiced your favorite actor of all time: Johnny Depp!

I liked the movie. Recommended as a download. I wouldn't pay to see Sherlock Gnomes and it's definitely not blu-worthy.

I'll be going to see Ready Player One tonight. I hear it was pretty good. Plus, according to my brudda, Chucky (the killer doll) is in it.

Planning on seeing Black Panfer on Friday, Red Sparrow on Saturday, and Tomb Raider on Sunday. That should round out my weekend quite nicely.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/29/2018, 7:07 am

joey con carne wrote:Sherlock Gnomes is voiced your favorite actor of all time: Johnny Depp!

I liked the movie. Recommended as a download. I wouldn't pay to see Sherlock Gnomes and it's definitely not blu-worthy.

I'll be going to see Ready Player One tonight. I hear it was pretty good. Plus, according to my brudda, Chucky (the killer doll) is in it.

Planning on seeing Black Panfer on Friday, Red Sparrow on Saturday, and Tomb Raider on Sunday. That should round out my weekend quite nicely.

So Sherlock Gnomes talks like Hunter S Thompson?

Why is Chucky in Ready Player One?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/29/2018, 8:11 am

Actually, I had no idea Sherlock Gnomes was voiced by Johnny Depp. It didn't sound like him at all. I only found out when I looked at the IMDb page.

As for Chucky, I have no clue. I don't know shit about the movie. I have no idea what it's even about so I'm going in blind. All I know is I saw The Iron Giant make an appearance in the brief trailer I saw.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/31/2018, 8:22 am

My homies. This week I have watched four videofilms in theaters and I plan on watching two more over the course of the weekend.

I will now rank them in order of my likes because this is important information I feel I must share. Number 1 is the best.

1. Ready Player One - This one took me completely by surprise. I thought the trailer looked dumb but this movie is pretty fun to watch.

2. Sherlock Gnomes - I liked this one better than Pacific Rim: Uprising (PR:U). I know, you guys are probably thinking "what the hell is wrong with him?" but the story for Sherlock Gnomes was gooder than PR:U and actually kept my attention when the plot thickened. See #3 below.

3. Pacific Rim: Uprising - When the plot thickened in this one, it was more of a "This is stupid" than "Whoa! Cool!". You can tell they waited to see how Pacific Rim did in terms of revenue before they decided to make a far-fetched sequel. Pure cash-grab with a third installment set up.

4. Black Panther - This was okay and fairly cheesy but none of the other movies caused me to doze off. Would not watch again.

So today, I plan on either catching Tomb Raider or Red Sparrow. Depending on which I watch tonight, I will watch the other tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/31/2018, 2:11 pm

joey con carne wrote:My homies. This week I have watched four videofilms in theaters and I plan on watching two more over the course of the weekend.

That's more times than I've been to the theater in the last 5-6 years. Razz   Shocked
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/31/2018, 3:12 pm

MoviePass, bro!

Just finished Red Sparrow. God damn, this movie is intense. It is a slow burn but worth it.

Definitely wortha watch. Maybe not in a theater but this one is recommended for a viewing.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/31/2018, 3:15 pm

joey con carne wrote:MoviePass, bro!

Just finished Red Sparrow. God damn, this movie is intense. It is a slow burn but worth it.

Definitely wortha watch. Maybe not in a theater but this one is recommended for a viewing.

Red Sparrow is the JLaw commie spy movie right?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/31/2018, 4:03 pm

Yes, that is the one. I went in blind. I didn’t even know she was supposed to be Russian. I only went to see it cuz it was at the theater and I needed something to watch.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/31/2018, 4:53 pm

That's good to hear. I really want to check this one out.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/31/2018, 6:11 pm

joey con carne wrote:Yes, that is the one. I went in blind. I didn’t even know she was supposed to be Russian. I only went to see it cuz it was at the theater and I needed something to watch.

I think the Red in the title implies Commie, ever since Red Dawn that's how my mind works. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/31/2018, 6:52 pm

Re-rank:

1. Ready Player One
2. Red Sparrow (close second)
3. Sherlock Gnomes
4. Pacific Rim: Uprising
5. Black Panther

Tomorrow is Tomb Raider. Woo hoo
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/1/2018, 8:24 am

Been thinking about getting MoviePass as well. This is the best deal to have come out for theaters EVER.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/1/2018, 8:47 am

I got in on the $6.95 a month* plan

* it's actually charged all at once while the regular $9.95 a month is actually monthly
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/1/2018, 1:56 pm

Tyger wrote:I got in on the $6.95 a month* plan

* it's actually charged all at once while the regular $9.95 a month is actually monthly

Yea, this is what I have been griping about. I paid $7.95 per month plus a $9.95 initiation fee.

Their stock is tanking and they need to draw in as many customers as they can and pray they don't watch more than one movie every couple of months.

Lucky for them, an AMC theater is a block away from the train I take home with a buddy and we will be getting a $15.69 dollar ticket every single day for the next 360 days. That's about $11,200. Yay.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/1/2018, 5:51 pm

Cool! Everyday though? Are there even that many movies coming out?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/1/2018, 6:48 pm

Yea, why not! Watching movies more than once is okay.

From Tuesday through today, I have spent $73.83.

I am looking forward to seeing A Quiet Place.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/6/2018, 7:34 pm

Watched Chappaquiddick tonight: a drama about Ted Kennedy and the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. I know it was embellished by Hollywood but it was still interesting to watch.

I really liked Ed Helms in this one. I am not totally familiar with all his work but I've mostly seen him in comedies. This was a nice change of pace from what I was familiar.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/7/2018, 5:18 am

joey con carne wrote:Watched Chappaquiddick tonight: a drama about Ted Kennedy and the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. I know it was embellished by Hollywood but it was still interesting to watch.

Ahhhh, it's about one of the Kennedy families victims, I should have known with that title.  

Let me guess, they still spend half the movie sucking the Kennedy's legacy and tap dancing around their crimes while trying to talk about how amazing they all were?

joey con carne wrote:I really liked Ed Helms in this one. I am not totally familiar with all his work but I've mostly seen him in comedies. This was a nice change of pace from what I was familiar.

Ed Helms was in a drama???? I don't think I've ever seen that before... Shocked
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/7/2018, 9:04 am

Actually, they didn't really get into much about the other Kennedys. The story focused mainly on Ted Kennedy.

And, yea, Ed Helms was quite a shocker. Not one funny or silly thing came out of his mouth. He should do more drama. I'm not saying his performance was Oscar-worthy, I'm just saying he can definitely do more than stupid comedies. I'd like to see him do more serious stuff like this to really show off his acting chops.

I never thought I would ever write so much about how much I liked an Ed Helms performance.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/7/2018, 4:06 pm

Just saw A Quiet Place.

Lame.

So very disappointed.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/7/2018, 5:17 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just saw A Quiet Place.

Lame.

So very disappointed.

Is that the "blind zombies have super-hearing, so we need to speak sign-language" movie?
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/7/2018, 5:48 pm

Yes. But not zombies. They are monsters of unknown origin.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/7/2018, 6:06 pm

joey con carne wrote:Yes. But not zombies. They are monsters of unknown origin.

Unlike every zombie movie where they too are of unknown origin?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/7/2018, 6:15 pm

joey con carne wrote:Yes. But not zombies. They are monsters of unknown origin.

Pretty sure I'll pass on that one.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/7/2018, 8:20 pm

The commercials hyped it up saying how fresh the movie was on Rotten Tomato or how it’s the scariest movie.

I recommend this movie if you like bad horror movies. The premise could have been great but the execution was terrible.

Okay, no more from me. I’m moving on to the next one!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/8/2018, 4:56 am

joey con carne wrote:I recommend this movie if you like bad horror movies. The premise could have been great but the execution was terrible.

Do they even make good horror? It seems like good premise/piss poor execution is the genre standard.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/8/2018, 8:16 am

The only horror film that really scared the crap out of me was the original The Woman in Black from 1989. I can't watch it again.

That was a horror movie well done.

I watched the one with Daniel Radcliffe and that was not scary at all.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next