BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

+4
UltimateMarvel
joey con carne
WyldeMan
GrooThePerverted
8 posters

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 19 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 4/8/2018, 1:14 pm

joey con carne wrote:The only horror film that really scared the crap out of me was the original The Woman in Black from 1989. I can't watch it again.

That was a horror movie well done.

I watched the one with Daniel Radcliffe and that was not scary at all.

I can appreciate the genre and I understand why it works for some folks but I'm a rather demented bastard so horrific violence on screen is nothing I don't already see on loop inside my own head so they're showing me nothing new but they could at least offer me what my own brain is incapable of, a good story to accompany said horrific violence.

I've seen more horror movies than I could probably count but I can't remember any of them having an impact on me that required multiple viewings, usually I watch a horror movie and then completely forget it even exists. I just require more than senseless violence, I need a purpose to it.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 19 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne 4/14/2018, 8:57 pm

I watched Tyler Perry's Acrimony tonight.

That movie is fucked up. Tyler Perry can write a good story.

I sure as hell would never pay out-of-pocket to watch a movie like this but for the low price of "free" I would definitely not consider this two hours of wasted time.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/15/2018, 6:24 am

joey con carne wrote:I watched Tyler Perry's Acrimony tonight.

That movie is fucked up. Tyler Perry can write a good story.

I sure as hell would never pay out-of-pocket to watch a movie like this but for the low price of "free" I would definitely not consider this two hours of wasted time.

Did he dress like an old woman again?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/15/2018, 7:49 am

No, this was not a Madea movie. I really like those, too.

This one was just regular actors. Taraji P. Henson was the main actor in this one.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/15/2018, 2:10 pm

joey con carne wrote:No, this was not a Madea movie. I really like those, too.

This one was just regular actors. Taraji P. Henson was the main actor in this one.

I wouldn't even sit through a Madea trailer, the posters are too long for me.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/15/2018, 2:58 pm

I think I suffered through 2 Madea movies. They were the most racist movies I've ever watched.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/15/2018, 3:25 pm

Tyger wrote:I think I suffered through 2 Madea movies. They were the most racist movies I've ever watched.

What is with black comedians and old lady drag? It seems to be its own genre.

Out of curiosity though, what is an example of something that makes them the most racist movies ever?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/15/2018, 4:53 pm

I don't remember, this was years ago and I'm doing my best to block it from my memory
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/28/2018, 1:35 am

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 19 YjboK0y

The Void - 2/5

Watched: Stan (Australian streaming service)

The Void should be avoided. haha. Too funny. This movie blew. Some cool live effects, but the story was boring and the characters sucked. Not even worth reviewing.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/30/2018, 11:56 pm

I saw A Quiet Place yesterday, I liked it. Good balance of drama and horror.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/1/2018, 5:28 am

Tyger wrote:I saw A Quiet Place yesterday, I liked it. Good balance of drama and horror.

A sequel is in the works.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/1/2018, 7:55 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:I saw A Quiet Place yesterday, I liked it. Good balance of drama and horror.

A sequel is in the works.

A Quiet Place: Bring the Ruckus

I like John Krasinski in this.

One thing I thought about: I wonder how the movie would have been if it had no soundtrack. If the only sound was natural sounds. (God forbid we remove all 5,000 jump scares).
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/1/2018, 7:09 pm

joey con carne wrote:

A Quiet Place: Bring the Ruckus

I like John Krasinski in this.

One thing I thought about: I wonder how the movie would have been if it had no soundtrack. If the only sound was natural sounds. (God forbid we remove all 5,000 jump scares).

I thought it didn't have a sound track? That sucks.

I also didn't know until this movie that Krasinski and Blunt were married.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/1/2018, 10:23 pm

I really like the use of sound in general in A Quiet Place

Sequel doesn’t sound like a good idea to me though
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/2/2018, 7:25 pm

Watched Atomic Blonde. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Proper action sequences where the camera isn't zoomed in and shaking the whole time. You can tell the actors had to actually know what they were doing instead of relying on camera tricks.

The story was pretty okay, too, and it should be as I just learned the film was based on a comic book.

Recommended.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/3/2018, 6:17 am

joey con carne wrote:Watched Atomic Blonde. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Proper action sequences where the camera isn't zoomed in and shaking the whole time. You can tell the actors had to actually know what they were doing instead of relying on camera tricks.

The story was pretty okay, too, and it should be as I just learned the film was based on a comic book.

Recommended.

I saw it, I remember violence and lady sex.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/3/2018, 6:48 am

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Watched Atomic Blonde. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Proper action sequences where the camera isn't zoomed in and shaking the whole time. You can tell the actors had to actually know what they were doing instead of relying on camera tricks.

Recommended.

So ... I should watch?
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/3/2018, 7:30 am

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Recommended.

So ... I should watch?

You might enjoy a single viewing if you enjoy violence and Charlize scissoring.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/3/2018, 9:55 am

Yes, Russ, you should watch. If not for the L-E-S-B-I-A-N action, then for the story and Charlize Theron and James McAvoy.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/3/2018, 6:34 pm

I shall watch.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/3/2018, 10:34 pm

If you ever saw the trailer, you saw most of the lesbian scenes and highlight reel of the action sequences. I was disappointed. Didn’t hate it, just disappointed.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/4/2018, 6:11 am

David Leitch co-directed John Wick and was behind the camera on Atomic Blonde so it's got a somewhat familiar style.

However, Blonde's producer David Guillod is one of Hollywood's biggest predators and is accused of drugging and raping multiple women before paying them off for their silence.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/5/2018, 1:29 am

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 19 S8Fu4ZK

Den of Thieves - 2/5

Imagine Michael Mann's 'Heat' without compelling dialogue, and no charismatic characters. What that leaves you with is Den of Thieves.

At one point Gerald Butler slips out of character and delivers a line in his natural Scottish accent. Laughing

Decent cast and story, but it tries way too hard to be cool and edgy.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/5/2018, 10:37 pm

I watched Tully today. Charlize Theron is so beautiful. She put on 50 pounds for this film and I still thought she looked great.

Interesting movie. I went in there knowing nothing about the movie. In fact, I thought Tully was Charlize Theron's character.

Recommended if you are in the mood for a decent drama.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/5/2018, 10:48 pm

joey con carne wrote:I watched Tully today. Charlize Theron is so beautiful. She put on 50 pounds for this film and I still thought she looked great.

Interesting movie. I went in there knowing nothing about the movie. In fact, I thought Tully was Charlize Theron's character.

Now got watch Monster, and see if you can say the same again Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/6/2018, 5:17 am

Rusty wrote:
joey con carne wrote:I watched Tully today. Charlize Theron is so beautiful. She put on 50 pounds for this film and I still thought she looked great.

Now got watch Monster, and see if you can say the same again Very Happy

That was my immediate thought, is she Wournos hot in Tully too? Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/6/2018, 7:57 am

LOL in Monster she had prosthetics to make her teeth jacked up. Definitely not Wournos-hot. Blech

I recall reading an inter iew where she said all that eati g gave her depression. Itis tough mentally and physically to do that.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/6/2018, 10:09 am

joey con carne wrote:LOL in Monster she had prosthetics to make her teeth jacked up. Definitely not Wournos-hot. Blech

I recall reading an inter iew where she said all that eati g gave her depression. Itis tough mentally and physically to do that.

Of course eating cheeseburgers is hard and depressing when you go from looking like Charlize to a woman of wal-mart.

But its still just food and it's not an issue for us because we're men and we know Charlize will bounce back so we're ok with her getting fat in the short term.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/6/2018, 10:18 am

I watched The Unauthorized Story of Saved by the Bell on Hulu last night

It’s pretty much as bad as expected, but Jason from The Good Place appears halfway in, maybe earlier, and that was entertaining to me
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/6/2018, 12:32 pm

Tyger wrote:I watched The Unauthorized Story of Saved by the Bell on Hulu last night

It’s pretty much as bad as expected, but Jason from The Good Place appears halfway in, maybe earlier, and that was entertaining to me

Jason Mendoza is my favorite EDM DJ to ever die in a safe during a robbery. But I have never seen him in anything else and I feel like it might ruin Jason for me if I did. Who could he have played, I don't remember any Asians at Bayside High.

On a Bell note, I read an article the other day that they've just opened The Max in Hollywood.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/6/2018, 1:18 pm

He’s a hanger-on of Dustin Diamond and then tries to blackmail him into getting a part
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/6/2018, 1:25 pm

Tyger wrote:He’s a hanger-on of Dustin Diamond and then tries to blackmail him into getting a part

How'd that go: "Dude, there are literally no parts for you on this show"?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/6/2018, 1:42 pm

It’s like right before the show ends anyway it’s dumb
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/7/2018, 9:55 pm

Currently finishing Herbie: Fully Loaded. Watched this for the first time with my little cousin back in the day before Lindsay Lohan really fucked herself up.

I get a kick out of Matt Dillon in this one. His role reminds me of his character Healy in There's Something About Mary.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/8/2018, 5:43 am

joey con carne wrote:Currently finishing Herbie: Fully Loaded. Watched this for the first time with my little cousin back in the day before Lindsay Lohan really fucked herself up.

I get a kick out of Matt Dillon in this one. His role reminds me of his character Healy in There's Something About Mary.

I always preferred Herbie's spiritual sequel, Lohan: Fully Loaded Too.

Matt Dillon had such a great career when he was young, then his adult career went to shit cause of too many bad movies. He needs to do tv and remind people he's not a comedic actor.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/8/2018, 4:49 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Matt Dillon had such a great career when he was young, then his adult career went to shit cause of too many bad movies. He needs to do tv and remind people he's not a comedic actor.

He did Wayward Pines so whatever he does next has to be on cable, HBO or something.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 19 Empty Small Town Crime

Post by Rusty 5/9/2018, 11:05 pm

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 19 Ypl1OkJ

Small Town Crime
- 4/5

Watched: Netflix (Australia)

Watched this little gem the other night. It kept popping up on my Netflix "trending" list, and I'm a John Hawkes fan, so I thought I'd give it a watch.

Great little flick. Nothing wholly original, but well made, well written, and with a great cast. Hawkes plays a drunk ex-cop that was kicked off the force. He finds a girl badly beaten/hit by a car on the side of the road, and after she dies, decides to insert himself into the investigation. Cops tell him to fuck off, so he pretends to be a PI, and gets paid by the girls grandfather to find out who did it.

Stars Hawkes, Anthony Anderson (he's lost a lot of weight since I last saw him), Cliff Collins Jr, Octavia Spencer, Caity Lotz (Canary from Arrow), Robert Forster, and a few other familiar faces.

Solid as hell and highly recommended.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/28/2018, 10:38 am

I watched a few movies last week.

1. Geostorm - This was fun. It's a SyFy movie which somehow made it into theaters. Dig it.

2. Beauty and the Beast (with Emma Watson) - Emma Watson's singing was pretty bad and the dialogue between characters just sounded so rushed. They added a couple of new songs which was okay but other than that, this movie was just awful.

3. Marshall - Pretty good. Nice to see Josh Gad not being stupid.

4. Secretariat - A nice feel-good movie. Diane Lane is in this.

5. DisneyNature Wings of Life - Okay for a documentary. Strange way to narrate this and took me a little bit to get used to it. If you watch it, you'll know what I mean.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/28/2018, 10:50 am

joey con carne wrote:I watched a few movies last week.

1. Geostorm - This was fun. It's a SyFy movie which somehow made it into theaters. Dig it.

2. Beauty and the Beast (with Emma Watson) - Emma Watson's singing was pretty bad and the dialogue between characters just sounded so rushed. They added a couple of new songs which was okay but other than that, this movie was just awful.

3. Marshall - Pretty good. Nice to see Josh Gad not being stupid.

4. Secretariat - A nice feel-good movie. Diane Lane is in this.

5. DisneyNature Wings of Life - Okay for a documentary. Strange way to narrate this and took me a little bit to get used to it. If you watch it, you'll know what I mean.

Those are all completely random choices that feel like they came out of a redbox three years ago....

But congrats on continuing your streak of only watching movies I have never seen or heard of.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/28/2018, 6:30 pm

From the list of movies, I would recommend Geostorm and Secretariat.

Geostorm was pretty fun and I want to check it out with proper surround sound. The movie looks like it would sound incredible.

Secretariat was good because it was based on the true story of Secretariat. Secretariat won the Triple Crown and was owned by a woman who knew nothing about the horse breeding business. She just didn't want to lose her family's horse farm. That movie got me in my feelings.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/28/2018, 7:41 pm

All I think of when I hear Secretariat is BoJak Horseman Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/28/2018, 7:48 pm

Rusty wrote:All I think of when I hear Secretariat is BoJak Horseman Very Happy

I've seen that listed on Netflix countless times but have yet to watch it.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/28/2018, 8:00 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Fucking hilarious. Easy binge.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/29/2018, 5:50 am

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Fucking hilarious. Easy binge.

I can only handle Arnett's voice in moderation but I'll give it a shot.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/29/2018, 12:00 pm

I love BoJack. It’s kinda like an old school MTV cartoon but darker.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next