BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

+4
UltimateMarvel
joey con carne
WyldeMan
GrooThePerverted
8 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty 2/20/2018, 4:54 pm

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 Fvmh7TI

Munich - 9/10

Since I'm on a CT kick, I jumped straight into Munich, based on the Black September attack at the '72 Olympic Games - also known as the Munich Massacre. The film deals with the after-math of the attack, specifically Israel's retaliation on those involved: Operation Wrath of God.

Eric Bana's best film; Daniel Craig's best film; and Stephen Spielberg's second best film (Jaws will always be #1).

Whilst the scenes revolving around the initial attack are pretty damn accurate, the aftermath takes on a bit of an artistic flair Very Happy Which is not a bad thing, especially given that it's Mossad, and there's not a chance anyone will ever know how things transpired - regardless of how many books are written about it.

Absolute must see film.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by joey con carne 2/26/2018, 2:10 pm

Managed to watch American Ninja the other day on Hulu. I think I like American Ninja 2 better.]

Currently watching Absolution with everyone's favorite action hero: Steven Seagal.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/26/2018, 2:40 pm

joey con carne wrote:Managed to watch American Ninja the other day on Hulu. I think I like American Ninja 2 better.]

Currently watching Absolution with everyone's favorite action hero: Steven Seagal.

Too bad Hulu doesn't have any other American Ninja movies...I wanted to see what Dudikoff dived his way out of in the sequel but I feel like the answer was bullets.

I hope that when Seagal is cuffed and publicly shamed by LAPD, his CIA connections will be confirmed when he mysteriously "hangs himself" in his cell.  Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/26/2018, 5:29 pm

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 O7ckm74

Sleepless - 2/10

Jamie Foxx. Michelle Monaghan. Scoot McNairy. David Harbour. Gabrielle Union.

That's a cast that would generally excite me. Not after watching this pile of shit. Great cast. Terrible movie. Don't watch it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/26/2018, 5:34 pm

Too late, I already did. lol Yeah, it was bad and predictable.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/26/2018, 8:30 pm

Rusty wrote:3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 O7ckm74

Sleepless - 2/10

Jamie Foxx. Michelle Monaghan. Scoot McNairy. David Harbour. Gabrielle Union.

That's a cast that would generally excite me. Not after watching this pile of shit. Great cast. Terrible movie. Don't watch it.

WTF, that's TI with Jamie Foxx. I didn't know he was in Sleepless. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/26/2018, 8:39 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

WTF, that's TI with Jamie Foxx. I didn't know he was in Sleepless. Razz

Yep, and he's a terrible actor.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/26/2018, 8:44 pm

Rusty wrote:Yep, and he's a terrible actor.

Yes he is. He should stick to rapping.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/28/2018, 2:24 am

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 OnDNR09

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword - 7/10

This was way better than I was expecting. not that I went in with much to begin with. Save for the standard CGI finale fight, which was exactly as expected. I wouldn't have gone to the cinemas to watch it, but I could have watched a trilogy, or mini-series. Ritchie created a pretty interesting world. Over the top, for sure, but could have been interesting and fun.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/28/2018, 5:39 am

Rusty wrote:King Arthur: Legend of the Sword - 7/10

This was way better than I was expecting. not that I went in with much to begin with. Save for the standard CGI finale fight, which was exactly as expected. I wouldn't have gone to the cinemas to watch it, but I could have watched a trilogy, or mini-series. Ritchie created a pretty interesting world. Over the top, for sure, but could have been interesting and fun.

Could you have watched six of them, cause if the first wasn't a total flop that was how many they wanted to make.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/28/2018, 7:15 am

Rusty wrote:3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 OnDNR09

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword - 7/10

Right??? I felt the same way. I really enjoyed this one more than I thought I would. Then I found out Guy Ritchie directed it and I was pretty surprised.

I love when he goes ape with the sword. Pretty cool effects. And I really liked that final battle.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/28/2018, 3:19 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Could you have watched six of them, cause if the first wasn't a total flop that was how many they wanted to make.

Six films set in this world? Yeah. Not necessarily six King Arthur centric films, but if half of them were about other characters - at least one would have been about the Mage - then yeah, I could have handled it.

I'd watch 6 of these over 6 LoTR/Hobbit films any day.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/28/2018, 3:23 pm

Rusty wrote:Six films set in this world? Yeah. Not necessarily six King Arthur centric films, but if half of them were about other characters - at least one would have been about the Mage - then yeah, I could have handled it.

I'd watch 6 of these over 6 LoTR/Hobbit films any day.

From everything I remember in the endless hype leading up to its failure was it was was six films about Arthur and Merlin.

Who would have thought choosing King Arthur over 50 Shades would be such a career killer.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/1/2018, 7:34 pm

Currently watching Erased with Aaron Eckhart and Olga Kurylenko. Pretty fun little action thriller. Typical and insanely annoying daughter but that's expected.

WyldeMan wrote:...was it was was...
Yes.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/1/2018, 8:25 pm

joey con carne wrote:Currently watching Erased with Aaron Eckhart and Olga Kurylenko. Pretty fun little action thriller. Typical and insanely annoying daughter but that's expected.

My favorite Eckhart films are Thursday and Thank You For Smoking.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/4/2018, 3:48 pm

Aiiiiight so I watched Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.

I thought it was gonna be like a Star Trek type deal. I went in knowing nothing and I gotta say I really enjoyed this one. Very fun to watch, great effects. A few surprise cameos for me (again, I went in knowing nothing about the story). Not action-packed but just enough.

I recommend this one since I know you guys like sci-fi.

"Mahalo, motherf....."

I'm sure you guys will know where that quote is from and why I included it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/4/2018, 4:27 pm

joey con carne wrote:Aiiiiight so I watched Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.

I thought it was gonna be like a Star Trek type deal. I went in knowing nothing and I gotta say I really enjoyed this one. Very fun to watch, great effects. A few surprise cameos for me (again, I went in knowing nothing about the story). Not action-packed but just enough.

I recommend this one since I know you guys like sci-fi.

"Mahalo, motherf....."

I'm sure you guys will know where that quote is from and why I included it.

Valerian was a Luc Besson project he worked on for years before he finally made it. But Dane Dehaan just doesn't command the screen, he's a decent actor but he is not a leading man, he's like 110lbs and I'm fairly certain that I could pick him up and throw him like a child. Considering the other leads Besson's cast through his career, Dehaan was an odd choice.

Didn't Rihanna say that Mahalo Motherfuker line in Battleship?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/4/2018, 4:46 pm

I thought Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets was terrible, I could barely finish it. Rihanna was good in it though, her part was at least memorable.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/4/2018, 5:27 pm

Valerian was fun, Ri Ri was sexy
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/4/2018, 7:19 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Didn't Rihanna say that Mahalo Motherfuker line in Battleship?

Heh heh She's in this! Her performance in this one is much better than Battleship. Rihanna is gaining XP and leveling up in the acting world!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/7/2018, 1:56 pm

I just watched one of the finest movies ever made; "Waterworld" but it wasn't the theatrical cut but the 2 hour and 57 minute Ulysses Cut.

I will never understand the hate for this movie. It was way ahead of it's time with a strong environmental message about the dangers of global warming, a great cast with Costner, Tripplehorn and Majorino and the villain of the film being a religious lunatic called the Deacon of the Deep played by Dennis Hopper who leads an army of jet ski barbarians called Smokers who's HQ is the Exxon Valdez. It's mania!

A superhero element with Costner's Mariner character basically being Aquaman and some really fun action sequences like the bungee jump save/triple jet ski head on collision and the trolling for sea beast fishing sequence.

Tell me I'm not the only unashamed Waterworld fan out there? I wish there had been a sequel cause I still have so many unanswered questions after all these years and three hours in that world only felt like they scratched the surface.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/7/2018, 4:28 pm

Awwww sheeeeeet! Currently watching my fave Michael Dudikoff movie: Avenging Force!

It is available on Amarzon Prime for freeeeeeeeeee.

This is definitely in my top 10 action movies. A must watch! Woot woot
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/8/2018, 12:01 am

WyldeMan wrote:I just watched one of the finest movies ever made; "Waterworld" but it wasn't the theatrical cut but the 2 hour and 57 minute Ulysses Cut.

I will never understand the hate for this movie. It was way ahead of it's time with a strong environmental message about the dangers of global warming, a great cast with Costner, Tripplehorn and Majorino and the villain of the film being a religious lunatic called the Deacon of the Deep played by Dennis Hopper who leads an army of jet ski barbarians called Smokers who's HQ is the Exxon Valdez. It's mania!

A superhero element with Costner's Mariner character basically being Aquaman and some really fun action sequences like the bungee jump save/triple jet ski head on collision and the trolling for sea beast fishing sequence.

Tell me I'm not the only unashamed Waterworld fan out there? I wish there had been a sequel cause I still have so many unanswered questions after all these years and three hours in that world only felt like they scratched the surface.

I don't believe I saw that extended cut, but I do remember watching it when it was released on home video, and I do remember enjoying it. It was years ago, but I'm pretty sure I watched it multiple times. I don't remember much else, other than lots of water. To be fair, I always enjoyed Costner films. I even liked The Postman. No idea how I'd like it now ... but back then, I had zero issue watching it.

Waterworld is not available on either of my streaming services - and neither is Dances With Wolves - which really bums me because I really want to watch that, too. I won't pay for iTunes, because I know they'll be the short edits, and shit quality.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/8/2018, 5:58 am

I have never seen the Ulysses Cut of Waterworld, either. That sounds pretty crazy at nearly three hours.

I remember watching Waterworld when I was a kid and I thought it was boring. Mostly because I didn't understand it and it is not exactly action-packed. I watched it recently (maybe a month or so ago when it was on HBO and I enjoyed it.

Deacon was such a piece of crap and I love the comeuppance he gets.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/8/2018, 7:14 am

Rusty wrote:I don't believe I saw that extended cut, but I do remember watching it when it was released on home video, and I do remember enjoying it. It was years ago, but I'm pretty sure I watched it multiple times. I don't remember much else, other than lots of water. To be fair, I always enjoyed Costner films. I even liked The Postman. No idea how I'd like it now ... but back then, I had zero issue watching it.

Waterworld is not available on either of my streaming services - and neither is Dances With Wolves - which really bums me because I really want to watch that, too. I won't pay for iTunes, because I know they'll be the short edits, and shit quality.

The Ulysses Cut is actually an incredibly popular fan edit from 2010 that outdoes all other official releases IMO. It's only available through torrent sites as far as I know but it looks like a high quality release with fantastic editing and makes Waterworld a much different viewing experience. Hands down my favorite version of the movie and the only one I'll watch of it. The official extended release was actually just the tv version of Waterworld with all the nudity, profanity and violence edited out so it was a terrible cut of the film which felt highly uneven and didn't entirely make sense and was the one version most people saw on VHS and DVD and why they hated it so much. The Ulysses Cut restored and extended nearly every scene.

I enjoyed Waterworld so much that I in fact carried on with another 2 hr 57 minute Costner epic, The Postman. How odd that both movies are the exact same length. Anyways, both films hold up quite well IMO, I actually picked up a few shocking things in my viewing of the Postman this time that I somehow had missed in previous viewings. Also, the cast; Costner, Olivia Williams, Will Patton, Larenz Tate, James Russo, Shawn Hatosy, Ryan Hurst, Giovanni Ribisi and Tom Petty as himself! It is an awesome movie.  Cool

I feel like Waterworld and The Postman are two movies that aged quite well and are more enjoyable to me as an adult with a deeper understanding of the material.

joey con carne wrote:I have never seen the Ulysses Cut of Waterworld, either. That sounds pretty crazy at nearly three hours.

I remember watching Waterworld when I was a kid and I thought it was boring. Mostly because I didn't understand it and it is not exactly action-packed. I watched it recently (maybe a month or so ago when it was on HBO and I enjoyed it.

Deacon was such a piece of crap and I love the comeuppance he gets.

The theatrical cut that airs on HBO is terrible and it's approximately 43 minutes shorter.

Here's a full list of side by side comparisons of the versions, however as I mentioned the quality is much higher than seen in these original pictures.

IMO, if you've never seen the Ulysses Cut than you've never seen Waterworld.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/8/2018, 7:19 pm

Wylde, how large is the Ulysses cut file? I found a version online, and it's about 1.5gb.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/9/2018, 6:34 am

Rusty wrote:Wylde, how large is the Ulysses cut file? I found a version online, and it's about 1.5gb.

I don't know if you can access YIFY's site but the 720 version I got from it was 1.1 or they also have a 1080 for 2.0gb.

Yify - Waterworld
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/10/2018, 9:28 pm

Just watched Gantz:O. Not that good. It's mostly lame with a few cool parts thrown in here and there.

As a recommendation.... hmm.... I'll have to default to my usual: watch it if you like anime and nothing else is interesting at the moment. This one isn't so bad that I wouldn't recommend it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/11/2018, 7:03 am

Episode VIII: Last of the Jedi

Pretty enjoyable but really damned heavy on the VFX at a nearly breakneck pace and had a lot more humor than I'd have preferred but overall it was not the prequel esque train wreck the interwebs claimed it to be.

Rey is what Luke Skywalker never was, an interesting and believable bad ass. And for a skinny elfish girl, she's oddly attractive.

I loved that in the end (MAJOR SPOILERS):

Spoiler:

I know I'm pretty much the only SW fan here but I enjoyed it and am sure I'll watch it several more times over the next few months.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/12/2018, 8:15 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Episode VIII: Last of the Jedi

Pretty enjoyable but really damned heavy on the VFX at a nearly breakneck pace and had a lot more humor than I'd have preferred but overall it was not the prequel esque train wreck the interwebs claimed it to be.

Rey is what Luke Skywalker never was, an interesting and believable bad ass. And for a skinny elfish girl, she's oddly attractive.

I loved that in the end (MAJOR SPOILERS):

Spoiler:

I know I'm pretty much the only SW fan here but I enjoyed it and am sure I'll watch it several more times over the next few months.

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 KmIrcvY

Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi - 3/5

I watched this last night as well.

The first hour was complete garbage, but then Ren and Rey starting communicating and connecting with each other from different places, and that was really interesting. They did it again later and I thought it was fantastic.

Glad Luke died. I like that they're not going to try and hang onto the original characters to carry the franchise. Leia is obviously next to go, but as easy as it would have been to kill her off this time around, it may have been a little too much with Luke going as well. I wouldn't be surprised in the next film if the mention she "died in her sleep after Luke died".

Loved how Ren killed Snoke. That was pretty cool. He was actually able to fool him. I really liked Ren in this one. He's a thinking-mans bad guy Very Happy He's more than Vader, and wants to rule, not just be a puppet.

I liked his and Rey's light-saber fight too. It wasn't that stupid gymnastic crap from the prequels.

Rey was great, but I will admit I was a bit of an arsehole. Throughout the whole movie every time I saw her on screen I was thinking "you've spent your newfound fame eating". There was one shot at the end which was obviously older footage (probably from the first film) and her face was about 10 pounds lighter Very Happy

She's far more interesting than Luke, and I'm glad they revealed her parents were nobodies, and not Jedi-royalty.

A purple-haired Laura Dern made me think thoughts. Twisted Evil

Few unnecessary character introductions of the VFX kind. That stupid penguin thing Chewy swatted away and the crystal dog thing. That shit's straight out of George Lucas crappy mindset.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/12/2018, 8:35 pm

Rusty wrote:The first hour was complete garbage, but then Ren and Rey starting communicating and connecting with each other from different places, and that was really interesting. They did it again later and I thought it was fantastic.

I couldn't tell if it was the Force connecting them or Snoke until they revealed the answer.

Rusty wrote:Glad Luke died. I like that they're not going to try and hang onto the original characters to carry the franchise. Leia is obviously next to go, but as easy as it would have been to kill her off this time around, it may have been a little too much with Luke going as well. I wouldn't be surprised in the next film if the mention she "died in her sleep after Luke died".

I thought they killed Leia until she went Jedi floating through space for her one and only show of her powers in the entire franchise. Leia could have been so much more and should have gotten the lead role that Luke had because we all know she was the best of the twins, just ask Yoda! Evil or Very Mad

Rusty wrote:Loved how Ren killed Snoke. That was pretty cool. He was actually able to fool him. I really liked Ren in this one. He's a thinking-mans bad guy Very Happy He's more than Vader, and wants to rule, not just be a puppet.

Anakin was definitely Palpatine's puppet along with the entire Jedi order but Vader wasn't as he was an apprentice with a master in an order that only allowed two, the Master would always be challenged and in the end Vader did kill his. However, Ren did it without getting himself killed in the process and it didn't take him 20 years and his son's help, so yeah Ren did do it a lot better than his grandpa. Razz

Rusty wrote:I liked his and Rey's light-saber fight too. It wasn't that stupid gymnastic crap from the prequels.

I feel like I would watch Jedi again just for their fights, they were awesome and more in line with the battle sequences Clone Wars and Rebels than what the live action has delivered.

Rusty wrote:Rey was great, but I will admit I was a bit of an arsehole. Throughout the whole movie every time I saw her on screen I was thinking "you've spent your newfound fame eating". There was one shot at the end which was obviously older footage (probably from the first film) and her face was about 10 pounds lighter Very Happy

Shorty looked good with some meat on her bones.

Rusty wrote:She's far more interesting than Luke, and I'm glad they revealed her parents were nobodies, and not Jedi-royalty.

That was a real surprise, I always assumed thought Rey was of Midi-chlorian birth like the Jedi Jesus, Anakin. Or cousins of Kylo Ren.

I was very disappointed however to see Benicio as a common smuggler and not a badass Mandalorian leader like he should have been cast.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/15/2018, 8:26 pm

Just watched Wind River. Highly recommended.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/16/2018, 6:05 am

Half way through Justice League. Going to shut it off for tonight and pick it up in the morning.

That's how good it isn't.

So far - terrible movie.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/16/2018, 7:10 am

joey con carne wrote:Just watched Wind River. Highly recommended.

I added it to my Queue just last night. Cool

Rusty wrote:Half way through Justice League. Going to shut it off for tonight and pick it up in the morning.

So far - terrible movie.

I couldn't even get halfway through the trailer and I'm still shaking my head over that Cavill mustache bullshit so I'm in no hurry either.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/16/2018, 7:22 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Just watched Wind River. Highly recommended.

I added it to my Queue just last night. Cool

Well worth a watch or two.

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:Half way through Justice League. Going to shut it off for tonight and pick it up in the morning.

So far - terrible movie.

I couldn't even get halfway through the trailer and I'm still shaking my head over that Cavill mustache bullshit so I'm in no hurry either.

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 W5toPDG

Justice League - 2/5

So I finished it this morning. What a mess.

If I could best describe this movie it would go something like this: "it's a DC superhero movie by Warner Bros. It had a release date before a script. Zak Snyder directed half of it before bowing out because of a family issue, and it was finished and slightly retooled by Joss Whedon"

There's nothing more to be said. It is exactly as advertised.

You couldn't find two directors with more opposing ideas of what they would want this movie to be, and it's glaringly obvious.

Things of note:

The villain: Typical "I want these magic power items to lay waste to your world, because ...???" Generic as fuck. I don't even remember his name.

Batman: Should stick to catching bank robbers and face-painted weirdos. Does not belong in this world. Affleck phoned this in.

Wonder Woman: Still hot. Still semi-awesome, but was reduced to pining over Steve Trevor for half the movie. Had she talked to Lois Lone, they would have failed the Bechdel Test within 5 seconds.

Aquaman: Lame.

Flash: Lame-ish. Could be useful, but he was obviously suppose to be the funny one.

Cyborg: Lame tech nerd.

Superman: In it for about 10 minutes. Kicks all their arses then takes off. Comes back to help them at the end because they're all getting smashed by 1 guy, and Supes comes in and just hands his arse to him, proving undoubtedly that the JL without Superman is just a billionaires play club.

Worst part about Fishy, Flash, and Tech Guy is we know nothing about them (the film versions). We've seen them do nothing beyond merely having abilities, and that's suppose to be enough for Batman to anoint them as the saviors of the world? It's crap. There's nothing about them to like, because we know nothing about them.

As for the rest of the movie. I'm baffled out how this cost $300m. Just before they take off to fight bad guy, they're standing in what I believe is the inside of Bats super cool transport shark-plane-sub (a plane, that's also a submarine, shaped like a shark) and it is some of the most off-putting green-screen in the entire VFX shit-show. Obviously part of the Whedon-retooling.

Any other franchise and that would have been a purpose built set, but since it was probably written on the fly and introduced last minute, the actors all come back, Affleck looking nothing like he's looked for the previous 90 minutes - and they do 5 minutes of conversation, with single shots per character just standing still, because they were all probably there at different times.

Fucking woeful.

Not worth the $6 rental.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/17/2018, 9:58 am

The only thing about Justice League I saw were a few clips of Flash on YouTube.

Flash is my favorite superhero in the DC universe and I can't stand the way Ezra Miller ran. For someone who is supposed to be the fastest man alive he sure runs like he has never run before in his life.

I mentioned this before in another post but I'm just so annoyed I had to say it again. Way to make the coolest superhero look like a running toolbag. God damn it.

Instead of "toolbag" I initially wrote a three letter word which begins with f and rhymes with ag. Not sure how you fellows feel about that word with all the sensitivity going on so I changed it to tool.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/17/2018, 10:01 am

joey con carne wrote:Instead of "toolbag" I initially wrote a three letter word which begins with f and rhymes with ag. Not sure how you fellows feel about that word with all the sensitivity going on so I changed it to tool.

I'll say it, The Flash runs like he's been getting fucked with no vaseline. I lack sensitivity and empathy so I can say these things and not feel bad. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/17/2018, 11:56 am

WyldeMan wrote:Episode VIII: Last of the Jedi

You're fucking with us, right? You forgot to put Razz at the end of your sentence so that I know you are joking. Refer to my Last Jedi thread on my issues with it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/17/2018, 6:46 pm

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 AhthtKA

Thor: Ragnorak - 4/5

I rented this at the same time a grabbed Justice League, and I'm so glad I watched this second. What a spirit-raiser after watching that soul-sucking piece of shit from WB/DC.

This was fun. Only took itself as serious as it needed to be, was funny as fuck, and managed to not treat its viewers like idiots.

Not only the best Thor film, by far (which wasn't hard since the first two sucked), but one of the most enjoyable comic book films ever made. Who knew Marvel's best film would be a Thor & Hulk collab, and not Cap and Iron Man.

The Revengers!

Hemsworth finally looked comfortable playing the role - cutting his hair really did the trick Very Happy He and Hiddleston were great together.

Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie was great. Kicked arse, and hot as fuck.

Same goes for Cate Blanchett as Hela. Shame they had to CGI her face half the time.

Jeff Goldblum was Jeff Goldblum, and nailed it.

Korg was a blast (that's how you do comic relief DC).

The visuals were great. Nearly half the budget of JL, and looked 10 times better.

The music was great too. Outside of Led Zepp, and "Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka (I laughed my arse off when it came up), the score was handled by one of the guys from Devo. Straight out of a John Carpenter movie. Perfect.

Wylde, I know you hate these things, and I'm not far behind you, but I'd consider giving this one a shot. It's not like any of the others, and for all the right reasons.

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 SDCnXGr

Last edited by Rusty on 3/17/2018, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/17/2018, 10:14 pm

Ragnarok was written and directed by Taika Waititi who also the writer, director, and producer of What We Do in the Shadows which is the reason the humor in the movie was familiar and unique at the same time.

If you guys have not yet seen What We Do in the Shadows, I highly recommend it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/18/2018, 1:03 am

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 QnmfMxj

Bushwick - 1.5/5

Watched: Netflix

Do not watch this.

I gave it a 1.5 instead of 0, because the director attempts something half cool, which is a film that appears to be shot in one take (except for one scene near the end).

A for effort, F for Fuck this sucked.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/18/2018, 6:15 am

The Outsider. Jared Leto joins the Yakuza in 1954, Osaka.

I didn't watch a trailer or see any promotion, it just showed up on Netflix and I pressed play. I was expecting Jared Leto's take on American Ninja since the picture was him with a Katana but it wasn't anything like that. He doesn't talk much throughout the film which turns out to be a very good thing as they let the Japanese cast mostly carry the dialogue though unfortunately the Katana plays almost no part in the film, everybody uses pistols.

It was an interesting film in which Leto didn't really seem to anger me but I was left with some big questions unanswered especially this felt like the beginning of a series more than a standalone. Though watching 135lbs of Leto stroll through the streets of Osaka as one of the biggest men in town was kind of shocking, lol. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/18/2018, 8:47 am

What does "katana" mean?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/18/2018, 5:03 pm

joey con carne wrote:What does "katana" mean?

It means Japanese fighting sword.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/18/2018, 5:31 pm

Just saw Annihilaton...kinda disappointed. Great visuals, story was just OK. I did not like the Thriller ending. I don’t see how that was the artistic ending they fought for.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next