BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 22 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2023, 9:33 pm

Oh man, Paul Reubens has died at 70 years old of cancer. 

RIP Pee Wee...

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/1/2023, 2:37 pm

Actor Angus Cloud who played drug dealer Fez on both seasons of Euphoria killed himself yesterday at 25 years old.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/2/2023, 10:46 am

Stephen Amell has once again proven why actors shouldn't publicly share their opinions, as he's gone and pissed off SAG-AFTRA during their strike by saying that while he supports his union he does not support the strikes and now a shitload of actors and producers are trolling him for being a tone deaf moron. Then he felt that he should further clarify his comments with a statement and it only made his co-workers hate him more... Razz

Amell has also been tweeting and promoting Heels while not showing up to picket so he's officially a scab and if there is one thing strikers love, it is scabs....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/2/2023, 3:01 pm

Taylor Swift had a two day concert in Seattle this weekend and her fans dancing to her music registered as much seismic activity as a 2.3 earthquake on local seismometers.

This happened once before in Seattle back in 2011 during a Seahawks game, however that lasted only a couple of minutes while these Swift quakes lasted ten hours on two separate days...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/3/2023, 12:57 pm

It's nice to see that Zachary Levi isn't letting the utter failure that was Shazam 2 derail his career because now he's the dad in the Netflix Spy Kids reboot....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/4/2023, 6:40 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Stephen Amell has once again proven why actors shouldn't publicly share their opinions, as he's gone and pissed off SAG-AFTRA during their strike by saying that while he supports his union he does not support the strikes and now a shitload of actors and producers are trolling him for being a tone deaf moron. Then he felt that he should further clarify his comments with a statement and it only made his co-workers hate him more... Razz

Amell has also been tweeting and promoting Heels while not showing up to picket so he's officially a scab and if there is one thing strikers love, it is scabs....

Dang it Stephen! Why open thy mouth? Did he not struggle to get to where he is now? He's the only actor I've heard that doesn't support the strike besides the studio heads.

WyldeMan wrote:Taylor Swift had a two day concert in Seattle this weekend and her fans dancing to her music registered as much seismic activity as a 2.3 earthquake on local seismometers.

This happened once before in Seattle back in 2011 during a Seahawks game, however that lasted only a couple of minutes while these Swift quakes lasted ten hours on two separate days...

I saw it on the news, that is INSANE! She also came to my city for her tour, tickets sold out and the whole city went nuts. They also mentioned the millions amount of revenue she brought in to the city.

Yesterday, I heard she gave her crew some big bonuses so that was nice of her. Truckers got $100k.

WyldeMan wrote:
It's nice to see that Zachary Levi isn't letting the utter failure that was Shazam 2 derail his career because now he's the dad in the Netflix Spy Kids reboot....

I couldn't even finish the trailer, man. Also made me think, were the original Spy Kids movie this garbage? I remember watching them as a kid and thought they were cool back then. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/4/2023, 6:53 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Dang it Stephen! Why open thy mouth? Did he not struggle to get to where he is now? He's the only actor I've heard that doesn't support the strike besides the studio heads.

Every time I've heard Amell talk, I wish I hadn't. He does not come across as very educated, like most actors which is why I wish they wouldn't tweet. Their brains were built for reciting other people's dialogue, not creating their own.

UltimateMarvel wrote:I saw it on the news, that is INSANE! She also came to my city for her tour, tickets sold out and the whole city went nuts. They also mentioned the millions amount of revenue she brought in to the city.

Yesterday, I heard she gave her crew some big bonuses so that was nice of her. Truckers got $100k.

T Swift can bang apparently. Around 2006, I took a girl to see country singer George Straight in concert and Swift was his opening act. I think it was a few years before she had released her debut album cause I'd never even heard her name before that day but I never could have imagined that 15 year old girl would have the staying power or the selling power that she's attained and now she's having a seismic impact too. Her legacy as a man eater is pretty well known, maybe she should have a Heartbreaker and Earthquaker Tour.

UltimateMarvel wrote:I couldn't even finish the trailer, man. Also made me think, were the original Spy Kids movie this garbage? I remember watching them as a kid and thought they were cool back then. lol

I made it about 15 seconds into that Spy Kids trailer. I can't remember if I ever saw the original but it was a Robert Rodriguez movie so I can't imagine they looked too cheap, his movies tend to hold up well over the years in my viewing experience.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/5/2023, 11:59 am

Hey Abe, I forgot to include this Zachary Levi quote when you said Amell was the only actor you'd heard talk against the strike, well Levi is just as tone deaf as he went to a recent fan convention and said this:

"I'm not allowed to talk about … this is so dumb. I'm not allowed to talk about any of my previous work. I'm not allowed to talk about movies that I may be a superhero in. I'm not allowed to talk about TV shows that I may have been a nerd who worked at a Best Buy. I'm not allowed to talk about any animated princess movies that I was fantastic in -- as the best prince ever! I'm not allowed to talk about those things."

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/5/2023, 7:50 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Hey Abe, I forgot to include this Zachary Levi quote when you said Amell was the only actor you'd heard talk against the strike, well Levi is just as tone deaf as he went to a recent fan convention and said this:

"I'm not allowed to talk about … this is so dumb. I'm not allowed to talk about any of my previous work. I'm not allowed to talk about movies that I may be a superhero in. I'm not allowed to talk about TV shows that I may have been a nerd who worked at a Best Buy. I'm not allowed to talk about any animated princess movies that I was fantastic in -- as the best prince ever! I'm not allowed to talk about those things."

To be fair, this is the part of this that is fucking ridiculous. Not being able to even talk about previous work is fucking nonsense. Apparently the WAG softened their stance a bit, but SAG is standing firm on it. They can respond with anything from a tap on the shoulder to expulsion from the Union.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/6/2023, 7:35 pm

Rusty wrote:To be fair, this is the part of this that is fucking ridiculous. Not being able to even talk about previous work is fucking nonsense. Apparently the WAG softened their stance a bit, but SAG is standing firm on it. They can respond with anything from a tap on the shoulder to expulsion from the Union.

I can understand where you're coming from but I also that that maybe Levi should be focused more on picking new projects that aren't piles of shit rather than having to rely on the fact that people still only care about him because of Chuck after more than a decade and that's all he has to talk about because he's a very boring and uninteresting person IRL. 

Levi should be out on the streets with everybody else but his style is more about trying to suck the studio President's cock while taking a ski trip with his family or complaining at fan conventions about how he can't even talk about how he's Chuck or a superhero rather than doing the work. 

Here's an idea, maybe don't attend fan conventions all about his past projects during a strike? Just a thought...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/7/2023, 9:49 pm

‘Barbie’ Surpasses $1 Billion Globally After 17 Days of Release
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Barb10
“Barbie” is saying “hiya” to the billion-dollar club.

Greta Gerwig’s pink-coated fantasy comedy has surpassed $1 billion at the global box office, including $459 million in North America and $572 million internationally. This makes Gerwig the first-ever solo female filmmaker with a billion-dollar film.

Three other billion-dollar blockbusters were co-directed by women, including “Frozen” ($1.3 billion) and “Frozen 2” ($1.45 billion) both co-directed by Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck, as well as “Captain Marvel” ($1.1 billion), co-directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck.

“Barbie” is hitting the coveted milestone after just 17 days of release, becoming the fastest Warner Bros. release (and eighth in the studio’s 100-year history) to join the $1 billion club. “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2” previously held that record at 19 days.

It’s only the second blockbuster this year and the sixth of the pandemic-era to cross $1 billion, following “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” “Top Gun: Maverick,” “Jurassic World Dominion” and “Avatar: The Way of Water.”

“It’s a good club to be in,” Jeff Goldstein, the studio’s president of domestic distribution, said during a Sunday morning phone call.

In a note to press, Goldstein and Andrew Cripps, president of international distribution, admitted they are not often “rendered speechless by a film’s performance.” But Barbillion — as they’ve dubbed the box office milestone — has “blown even our most optimistic predictions out of the water.”

“This is a watershed moment for ‘Barbie,’ and no one but Greta Gerwig could have brought this cross-generational icon and her world to life in such a funny, emotional and entertaining story, one that is resonating with all four quadrants of moviegoers and literally turning the entire world pink,” Goldstein and Cripps said in the joint statement. “Long lines and repeat viewings prove that movies are back in a big, big way, and we look forward to seeing just how far ‘Barbie’ can go in the real world.”

Thanks to zeitgeist-smashing buzz, “Barbie” has remained No. 1 at the box office for three consecutive weekends — and that’s despite competition from “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem,” “Meg 2: The Trench” and “Oppenheimer.” It’s already the second-highest grossing movie of 2023, behind only Universal and Illumination’s “The Super Mario Bros. Movie,” which earned $574 million domestically and $1.35 billion worldwide.

The rapturously reviewed “Barbie” opened on July 21 and smashed expectations with its $155 million domestic debut, ranking as the biggest opening weekend of 2023, as well as the best start for a film directed by a woman. It arrived as a full-fledged phenomenon, thanks to the marketing campaign of the year and stellar word-of-mouth to match. There was also hype from “Barbenheimer,” the nickname for the twin release date with Christopher Nolan’s dark historical drama “Oppenheimer.”

Gerwig, the Oscar-nominated director of “Lady Bird” and “Little Women,” co-wrote the screenplay with her partner Noah Baumbach. Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling star as the stereotypical versions of Barbie and Ken, who leave behind the Dreamhouse on a quest for self-discovery in the real world. Issa Rae, America Ferrera, Dua Lipa, Simu Liu, Michael Cera, Helen Mirren, John Cena and Will Ferrell round out the cast.

“A massive achievement like this is possible when you have an incredible filmmaking team, with cast and crew coming together to create a truly special moviegoing experience,” Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy, co-chairs and CEOs of Warner Bros. Motion Picture Group, said in a statement. “Greta now joins an elite group of writer-directors whose singular vision has generated $1 billion at the global box office, a milestone that is testament to her brilliance and to her commitment to deliver a movie that Barbie fans of every age want to see on the big screen.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/7/2023, 10:21 pm

Damn. I'll still wait for it to hit streaming, but I will have to check it out.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/8/2023, 11:53 am

Rusty wrote:Damn. I'll still wait for it to hit streaming, but I will have to check it out.

I didn't know it was even possible to gross $1 billion at the box office without the movie being a CGI slathered shit fest.

I know Barbie is loaded with vibrant colors but I can't imagine this movie is also loaded with Baysplosions and fight scenes, so I can't wrap my head around how these numbers would have even possible during the movie's entire run, let alone reaching this milestone after only 17 days.

Greta Gerwig just became the most powerful female director in the entire business and as if Margot wasn't already in demand, I can't even guess the kind of offers she'll be getting after this but I'd imagine it will be....all of them.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/8/2023, 1:18 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Hey Abe, I forgot to include this Zachary Levi quote when you said Amell was the only actor you'd heard talk against the strike, well Levi is just as tone deaf as he went to a recent fan convention and said this:

What's wrong with these guys? We know they've both had hit shows and they gotten paid very well for it but they're acting like supporting the strike will undo that or hurt their career. Plenty of more famous actors are out there at the picket lines. Rolling Eyes
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/8/2023, 5:23 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

What's wrong with these guys? We know they've both had hit shows and they gotten paid very well for it but they're acting like supporting the strike will undo that or hurt their career. Plenty of more famous actors are out there at the picket lines. Rolling Eyes

What's pretty funny is that I thought he'd already come to terms and accepted the limitations and failures of his career given that he wrote a book about exactly that just last year. BTW, you can buy the Hardcover version of this one year old "best seller" for $7.50 on amazon.... Razz

Radical Love is the debut memoir from Zachary Levi (Shazam!, American Underdog, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Chuck), which shares his emotional journey through a lifetime of crippling anxiety and depression to find joy, gratitude, and ultimate purpose.
Random Thoughts - Page 22 07852310

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/8/2023, 8:26 pm

Speaking of stupid mother fuckers, this Lanez bitch just threw away a decade of his life poorly reenacting a scene from Goodfellas in the streets.

Tory Lanez Sentenced To 10 Years In Megan Thee Stallion Shooting
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Tory-l10
UPDATED, 3:34 PM: A judge today sentenced Tory Lanez to 10 years in prison after his conviction for shooting fellow Grammy-winning rapper Megan Thee Stallion in 2020.

Lanez, real name Daystar Peterson, was convicted on December 23 of one felony count each of assault with a semiautomatic firearm, having a loaded unregistered firearm in a vehicle and discharging a firearm with gross negligence.

Judge David Herriford of Los Angeles Superior Court handed down the sentence after a hearing that stretched over two days and saw prosecutors ask for a prison term of 13 years, while defense attorneys produced an array of witnesses in hopes of their client receiving probation.

“He not only shot me. He made a mockery of my trauma,” Megan said in a statement read by Deputy District Attorney Kathy Ta.

The incident happened as Megan Thee Stallion was leaving a party at Kylie Jenner’s house. Lanez was accused of shooting her in the foot. The “Savage” rapper had testified in December that he told her to “dance, bitch,” and then shot her in the feet, and she wrote in her victim-impact statement that she can’t bring herself to be in the same room again with Lanez.

Read details of the case below.

PREVIOUSLY, December 23: A Los Angeles jury has found Grammy-winning rapper Tory Lanez guilty of all charges in the 2020 shooting of Megan Thee Stallion outside of a house party.

The incident happened as Megan Thee Stallion was leaving a party at Kylie Jenner’s house. Lanez was accused of shooting her in the foot.

Chaos erupted in the courtroom when the verdict was announced. A man identified as Lanez’s father yelled at the judge, while spectators wept and yelled “appeal.” Deputies had to quell a melee in the corridor outside the court room.

Lanez, wearing a pink coat, pink pants and white turtleneck, sat in stunned silence next to his defense team. It was later revealed that he will appeal the verdict, but for now, he was led from the courtroom in handcuffs. His sentencing is set for Jan. 27.

Lanez, whose real name is Daystar Peterson, was charged with assault with a semiautomatic firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle. Prosecutors later added a third count of discharging a firearm with gross negligence. He now faces a maximum sentence of 22 years in prison and may be deported to his home country of Canada after serving his sentence.

The trial saw Lanez enter a plea of not guilty to shooting her. His public outreach included dedicating an entire album to rebutting Megan Thee Stallion’s version of events.

The case originated in July 2020. Police stopped an SUV going four-deep in the Hollywood Hills. Megan Thee Stallion, whose real name is Megan Jovon Ruth Pete, testified in the trial that she initially told police that she had cut her feet on glass when asked about why she was bleeding.

She was taken by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where doctors found bullet fragments in her foot, which required surgery to remove.

“I couldn’t walk for a while,” she testified. “I still have nerve damage. I can’t really feel the side of my left foot. The back of my feet are always sore, but I just push through it.”

Although initially hesitant to snitch, Megan Thee Stallion eventually outed Lanez as the shooter on her Instagram feed. She later took aim at him in the song “Shots Fired.”

In her testimony, Megan Thee Stallion said Lanez offered her $1 million to keep quiet about the shooting.

Lanez did not testify in his defense.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/9/2023, 2:11 am

WyldeMan wrote:Speaking of stupid mother fuckers, this Lanez bitch just threw away a decade of his life poorly reenacting a scene from Goodfellas in the streets.

What a fucking loser. Laughing

In better news - I finally got me a new TV. cheers Sony. 2023. 43". LED. 4K. HDR. Legit native 120hz refresh rate (PS5 gaming goodness).

I got given a $100 gift card for a store about a month back. I was going to blow it on a few Blu-Rays but decided to wait. I had this TV and an LG equivalent from the store in my Wishlist. This pops up over the weekend with a $300 discount, ad in the gift card and it was too good to pass up. I stupidly passed up on the LG during the last Black Friday sale for about the same price. Was not making the same mistake again.

Tracking says it'll be here Friday. Fucking WOOT!!!
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/9/2023, 11:33 pm

Rusty wrote:In better news - I finally got me a new TV.  cheers  Sony. 2023. 43". LED. 4K. HDR. Legit native 120hz refresh rate (PS5 gaming goodness).

I got given a $100 gift card for a store about a month back. I was going to blow it on a few Blu-Rays but decided to wait. I had this TV and an LG equivalent from the store in my Wishlist. This pops up over the weekend with a $300 discount, ad in the gift card and it was too good to pass up. I stupidly passed up on the LG during the last Black Friday sale for about the same price. Was not making the same mistake again.

Tracking says it'll be here Friday. Fucking WOOT!!!

It's always nice getting a new tv. 

Btw how old is your current one?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/10/2023, 12:25 am

WyldeMan wrote:

Not sure how old it is, but it's not a Smart TV (no apps), and its old enough that the USB port is for firmware updates only. Not for media use. I'd guess at least 15 years.

It's the TV down at the river, where I keep my PS5 and do my gaming, which is why I wanted both 4K and 120hz. Finally get to check out my UHD Blurays. Very Happy.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/10/2023, 11:00 am

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Not sure how old it is, but it's not a Smart TV (no apps), and its old enough that the USB port is for firmware updates only. Not for media use. I'd guess at least 15 years.

It's the TV down at the river, where I keep my PS5 and do my gaming, which is why I wanted both 4K and 120hz. Finally get to check out my UHD Blurays. Very Happy.

Holy shit, that is a serious upgrade for gaming from your current situation....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/10/2023, 11:04 am

Johnny Hardwick Dies: ‘King Of The Hill’s Dale Gribble Voice Actor Was 64
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Attach11
Johnny Hardwick, who voiced the conspiracy-minded character Dale Gribble on King of the Hill, died August 8 at his home in Austin, Texas. He was 64.

Hardwick and his character with the distinctive Texas drawl had been with the Emmy-winning animated series since its debut in 1997 through its final episode on Fox in 2010. Earlier this year, Hulu, where the reruns currently stream, announced that Hardwick would return for the series’ streaming revival.

The actor’s death was confirmed by the Austin coroner’s office. No foul play is suspected, and a cause of death is pending per the coroner’s investigation.

King of the Hill, created by Mike Judge and Greg Daniels, is set in the fictional town of Arlen, Texas, and follows the life of Hank Hill (Judge), wife Peggy (Kathy Najimy) and teenaged son Bobby (Pamela Adlon). Other voice actors on the series are Stephen Root, Lauren Tom and Ashley Gardner.

Born John Michael Hardwick in Austin, the actor got his start in local stand-up comedy in 1990. He’d eventually make appearances on The Jon Stewart Show and at L.A.’s The Laugh Factory and the Montreal Comedy Festival.

Hardwick was credited as a producer and writer of King of the Hill during the early Fox seasons. He was Emmy-nominated with the show as a supervising producer in 2001 and 2002, and shared the Emmy as a producer in 1999 when King of the Hill was named Outstanding Animated Program.
Since the original run of King of the Hill ended, Hardwick had launched his own popular YouTube channel.

The Hulu revival from 20th Television Animation was announced last January, with Judge and Daniels returning to exec produce. Saladin Patterson will join the production as an executive producer and showrunner.

Deadline has reached out to Hulu for comment.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/10/2023, 11:05 am

RIP Rusty Shackelford

It already felt like they were going to have a big obstacle to overcome in the series revival without Brittany Murphy but now with the loss of Johnny Hardwick, it feels like too big of a loss to overcome.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/10/2023, 11:23 am

Disney+ and Hulu Reveal Huge Price Increases — Here’s How Much It’ll Cost You to Stream Without Ads
Disney+ and Hulu are about to cost you a whole lot more.

Effective Thursday, Oct. 12, Disney+ Premium, which currently costs $10.99/month, will see a 27-percent price increase, at which point you’ll have to fork over $13.99/month (or $139.99 per year) to keep enjoying an ad-free experience.

The cost of Hulu’s ad-free tier is also going up 20 percent, from $14.99 to $17.99/month.

Those who already subscribe to both Disney+ and Hulu’s ad-free tiers will be able to sign up for the new Duo Premium bundle, which will launch Wednesday, Sept. 6 and cost $19.99/month.

The cost of Disney+ and Hulu with ads will remain at the going rate of $7.99/month (or bundled for $9.99/month).

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/10/2023, 11:32 am

FXX has released a trailer for the 14th and final season of Archer, premiering with its first two episodes on Wednesday, Aug. 30 at 10/9c:

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/10/2023, 7:00 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Holy shit, that is a serious upgrade for gaming from your current situation....

Yes sir! And it arrived a day early so I'll be heading down after lunch to begin the goodness.

WyldeMan wrote:
FXX has released a trailer for the 14th and final season of Archer, premiering with its first two episodes on Wednesday, Aug. 30 at 10/9c:

I really need to catch up on my Archer. Last season I watched I think was season 8.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/10/2023, 8:16 pm

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

I really need to catch up on my Archer. Last season I watched I think was season 8.

I'm a really big Archer fan and having watched the series through twice now, I can attest it's still a solid viewing experience well past season 8. In fact some of my favorite crazy shit has happened deep into the series. 

Animated series' are the lone exception to the rule when it comes to no real need to end the series early, they can run for decades and stay just as fresh. I'm bummed to see it end as I haven't felt like the show was stale and in need of ending.

Over on Netflix, they're also ending Disenchanment next month so two animated series that I highly enjoy are now coming to an end at the same time and I am not happy about it. And don't even get me started on the Rick and Morty situation....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/10/2023, 8:37 pm

Today marked the 100th day of the SAG strike with absolutely no end in sight.

I read earlier that the majority of tv shows are typically already rolling on their fourth episodes of the season by this point of the year. 

According to seasoned tv producers, if the strike isn't resolved before Labor Day and cameras aren't immediately rolling by then too, it's going to start having a massive impact on the schedule for the next six months at a minimum.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/11/2023, 2:42 am

WyldeMan wrote:Today marked the 100th day of the SAG strike with absolutely no end in sight.

I read earlier that the majority of tv shows are typically already rolling on their fourth episodes of the season by this point of the year. 

According to seasoned tv producers, if the strike isn't resolved before Labor Day and cameras aren't immediately rolling by then too, it's going to start having a massive impact on the schedule for the next six months at a minimum.

It's going to be interesting to see how this all gets settled.

I've been reading some articles about studios are soft-bragging that they're saving $100's of millions of dollars, so they're coming in under budget for the quarter with plenty of cash flow, which is increasing their stock prices. However it can't last long. Whilst they may be "saving" money, they're not creating anything so there's no new money coming in.

Once productions start up again, they'll have to pump out shit loads of content so their spending will be off the charts. Much like what happened through COVID.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/11/2023, 3:03 pm

Rusty wrote:It's going to be interesting to see how this all gets settled.

I've been reading some articles about studios are soft-bragging that they're saving $100's of millions of dollars, so they're coming in under budget for the quarter with plenty of cash flow, which is increasing their stock prices. However it can't last long. Whilst they may be "saving" money, they're not creating anything so there's no new money coming in.

Once productions start up again, they'll have to pump out shit loads of content so their spending will be off the charts. Much like what happened through COVID.

Being short sighted is required to run a major studio so your clear logic has not yet caught up with them.

The back log of work already piling up is going to have ramifications and major changes to every schedule for years to come. Not to mention all the movie projects and current tv shows that will definitely start being cancelled as a direct result of this.

Originally I thought this was going to be like the last strike but it already been much worse and everybody on both sides seems willing to just wait it out.

Even Stephen Amell who just two weeks ago spoke out against the strike was photographed picketing today in New York while the rest of the Arrow cast was together in Los Angeles. Me thinks he pissed everybody from Arrow off and is trying to do an apology tour.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/13/2023, 7:32 am

In it's FOURTH weekend, Barbie again took the number one spot at the box office adding another $30 million. Bringing the domestic total to $522 million and the international stood at  $575 million yesterday.

Everybody knew that Barbie had long legs but now she's standing on top of $1.1 billion worldwide and she's going to the fuckin moon! Shocked

I wonder how hard those WBD execs are slamming their own heads against their tables right now for not having Robbie and Gosling sign sequel clauses. Robbie told them again and again that Barbie could be a billion dollar franchise and yet.... Razz Razz Razz

Something tells me they're not gonna make that mistake again. Here's looking at your next Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots five movie contract Vin Disesel....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/13/2023, 12:59 pm

Rusty wrote:Not sure how old it is, but it's not a Smart TV (no apps), and its old enough that the USB port is for firmware updates only. Not for media use. I'd guess at least 15 years.

That is an old TV, I know because I have one with the same USB. lol Congrats and enjoy your TV Russ!

WyldeMan wrote:Even Stephen Amell who just two weeks ago spoke out against the strike was photographed picketing today in New York while the rest of the Arrow cast was together in Los Angeles. Me thinks he pissed everybody from Arrow off and is trying to do an apology tour.

LOL He's such an idiot! I wonder if they found him to be unbearable throughout the show. Didn't seem like it based off their Comic Con interviews every year, everyone seemed to like each other but acting is what they do.

WyldeMan wrote:In it's FOURTH weekend, Barbie again took the number one spot at the box office adding another $30 million. Bringing the domestic total to $522 million and the international stood at  $575 million yesterday.

Everybody knew that Barbie had long legs but now she's standing on top of $1.1 billion worldwide and she's going to the fuckin moon! Shocked

I wonder how hard those WBD execs are slamming their own heads against their tables right now for not having Robbie and Gosling sign sequel clauses. Robbie told them again and again that Barbie could be a billion dollar franchise and yet.... Razz Razz Razz

Something tells me they're not gonna make that mistake again. Here's looking at your next Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots five movie contract Vin Disesel....

Damn! I might just have to watch this stupid movie now. I don't know how but this is your fault!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/13/2023, 4:33 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:In it's FOURTH weekend, Barbie again took the number one spot at the box office adding another $30 million. Bringing the domestic total to $522 million and the international stood at  $575 million yesterday.

Damn! I might just have to watch this stupid movie now. I don't know how but this is your fault!

I worship at the Long Legged Temple of Robbie and all those blood sacrifices and demon deals finally paid off. Ten more years of Margot movies!!! Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/14/2023, 12:34 pm

'Blind Side' subject Oher alleges Tuohys made millions off lie
Random Thoughts - Page 22 10005010
Retired NFL star Michael Oher, whose supposed adoption out of grinding poverty by a wealthy, white family was immortalized in the 2009 movie "The Blind Side," petitioned a Tennessee court Monday with allegations that a central element of the story was a lie concocted by the family to enrich itself at his expense.

The 14-page petition, filed in Shelby County, Tennessee, probate court, alleges that Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy, who took Oher into their home as a high school student, never adopted him. Instead, less than three months after Oher turned 18 in 2004, the petition says, the couple tricked him into signing a document making them his conservators, which gave them legal authority to make business deals in his name.

The petition further alleges that the Tuohys used their power as conservators to strike a deal that paid them and their two birth children millions of dollars in royalties from an Oscar-winning film that earned more than $300 million, while Oher got nothing for a story "that would not have existed without him." In the years since, the Tuohys have continued calling the 37-year-old Oher their adopted son and have used that assertion to promote their foundation as well as Leigh Anne Tuohy's work as an author and motivational speaker.

"The lie of Michael's adoption is one upon which Co-Conservators Leigh Anne Tuohy and Sean Tuohy have enriched themselves at the expense of their Ward, the undersigned Michael Oher," the legal filing says. "Michael Oher discovered this lie to his chagrin and embarrassment in February of 2023, when he learned that the Conservatorship to which he consented on the basis that doing so would make him a member of the Tuohy family, in fact provided him no familial relationship with the Tuohys."

The Tuohy family did not immediately return phone calls Monday to numbers listed for them.
Oher's story became a book and eventually a film that was nominated for two Academy Awards, including Best Picture. BFA/Alamy

Oher's petition asks the court to end the Tuohys' conservatorship and to issue an injunction barring them from using his name and likeness. It also seeks a full accounting of the money the Tuohys earned using Oher's name, and to have the couple pay him his fair share of profits, as well as unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.

"Since at least August of 2004, Conservators have allowed Michael, specifically, and the public, generally, to believe that Conservators adopted Michael and have used that untruth to gain financial advantages for themselves and the foundations which they own or which they exercise control," the petition says. "All monies made in said manner should in all conscience and equity be disgorged and paid over to the said ward, Michael Oher."

Oher was a rising high school senior when he signed the conservatorship papers, and he has written that the Tuohys told him that there was essentially no difference between adoption and conservatorship. "They explained to me that it means pretty much the exact same thing as 'adoptive parents,' but that the laws were just written in a way that took my age into account," Oher wrote in his 2011 best-selling memoir "I Beat the Odds."

But there are some important legal distinctions. If Oher had been adopted by the Tuohys, he would have been a legal member of their family, and he would have retained power to handle his own financial affairs. Under the conservatorship, Oher surrendered that authority to the Tuohys, even though he was a legal adult with no known physical or psychological disabilities.

The petition alleges that the Tuohys began negotiating a movie deal about their relationship with Oher shortly after the 2006 release of the book "The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game," which chronicled the story.

According to the legal filing, the movie paid the Tuohys and their two birth children each $225,000, plus 2.5% of the film's "defined net proceeds." The movie became a critically acclaimed blockbuster, reportedly grossing more than $300 million at the box office, and tens of millions of dollars more in home video sales. The film received an Oscar nomination for Best Picture, and Sandra Bullock won a Best Actress trophy for her portrayal of Leigh Anne Tuohy. While the deal allowed the Tuohys to profit from the film, the petition alleges, a separate 2007 contract purportedly signed by Oher appears to "give away" to 20th Century Fox Studios the life rights to his story "without any payment whatsoever." The filing says Oher has no recollection of signing that contract, and even if he did, no one explained its implications to him.

The deal lists all four Tuohy family members as having the same representative at Creative Artists Agency, the petition says. But Oher's agent, who would receive movie contract and payment notices, is listed as Debra Branan, a close family friend of the Tuohys and the same lawyer who filed the 2004 conservatorship petition, the petition alleges. Branan did not return a call to her law office on Monday.

In the past, the Tuohys have denied making much money from the movie, saying they received a flat fee for the story and did not reap any of the movie's profits. And what they did earn, they added, was shared with Oher.

"We divided it five ways," the Tuohys wrote in their 2010 book, "In a Heartbeat: Sharing the Power of Cheerful Giving."

Oher's court petition says he never received any money from the movie, even though he long suspected that others were profiting, according to his attorney, J. Gerard Stranch IV. Whenever Oher asked questions, he did not get straight answers, his attorney said.

And since the film's success coincided with the start of his lucrative NFL career in 2009, Oher did not take the time to fully investigate the deal until after he retired in 2016, Stranch said. Oher eventually hired a lawyer who helped him uncover the details surrounding the movie deal and his legal connection to the people he believed were his adoptive parents. His lawyer unearthed the conservatorship document in February, and Oher came to the painful realization that the Tuohys had not adopted him.

"Mike didn't grow up with a stable family life," Stranch said. "When the Tuohy family told Mike they loved him and wanted to adopt him, it filled a void that had been with him his entire life. Discovering that he wasn't actually adopted devastated Mike and wounded him deeply."
From left, Collins Tuohy, Sean Tuohy Jr., Leigh Anne Tuohy and Sean Tuohy, attended the film premiere in New York City in 2009. Jim Spellman/WireImage

The petition marks a sharp break in what had been an inspiring, if unsettlingly stereotypical, feel-good story. As the movie portrayed the story, the Tuohys adopted Oher, a poor, virtually homeless and academically challenged Black teenager. They made Oher part of a functional family for the first time. They helped him catch up in school, taught him the basics of football and how to harness his athleticism, putting him on the road to sports stardom.

The truth, however, was more complicated.

Oher certainly led a hard-knock life growing up. But he also had the smarts, the pluck and plenty of help from the Tuohys and others to rise above his circumstances.

Oher was one of 12 children born to his mother, who struggled with drug addiction. Before his 11th birthday, Oher was placed into foster care, where he bounced around numerous homes, and at times lived on the streets. Although he was a capable student, he attended 11 schools in nine years, and repeated both the first and second grades, leaving him behind academically.

His fortunes changed after a friend's father, impressed with Oher's inner drive and focus, introduced him to the principal of a private Christian school in a prosperous Memphis neighborhood. Oher began attending the school in 10th grade, even as his home life remained chaotic. He was a sports prodigy, excelling in track and field, basketball and football, a game he had studied for years.

He began playing football for his new school in 11th grade, quickly establishing himself as one of the nation's top offensive linemen, and college scholarship offers poured in from big-time football programs across the country.

Because of his unstable housing situation, Oher frequently stayed over at the homes of his classmates, including the Tuohys, whose children attended the school. The petition says that the Tuohys forged a closer relationship with him once Oher's athletic prowess drew wide attention. They invited him to spend more nights at their spacious Memphis home and took him shopping. Eventually, they asked Oher to move in. They encouraged him to address them as "mom" and "dad," and said they planned to adopt him, the filing says.

Oher was delighted with all that at the time, his lawyer said, and he fully trusted the Tuohys.

Oher went on to play college football at the University of Mississippi, the Tuohys' alma mater. He was a two-time All-American and a first-round pick of the Baltimore Ravens in 2009.

In his new book, Michael Oher says the film depicting his life has been a "large source of some of my deepest hurt and pain over the past 14 years." Denny Simmons/The Tennessean/Imagn

After the success of "The Blind Side," however, suspicion slowly eclipsed Oher's trust of the Tuohys, his lawyer said.

"Mike's relationship with the Tuohy family started to decline when he discovered that he was portrayed in the movie as unintelligent," Stranch said. "Their relationship continued to deteriorate as he learned that he was the only member of the family not receiving royalty checks from the movie, and it was permanently fractured when he realized he wasn't adopted and a part of the family."

For years, Oher has chafed at how "The Blind Side" depicted him, saying it hurt his football career and clouded how people view him. He has said that based on the film, some NFL decision-makers assumed he was mentally slow or lacked leadership skills.

"People look at me, and they take things away from me because of a movie," Oher told ESPN in 2015. "They don't really see the skills and the kind of player I am."

For their part, the Tuohys agreed that Oher always had what it took to succeed. "If there is a fundamental misapprehension about Michael, it's that he needed saving," the Tuohys wrote in their book. "We discovered that underneath his shyness, his foot shuffling, and his head ducking, he had a tremendous will to determine the course of his own life."

For years, Oher has said, he was content to live with the myth created by the movie, reasoning that its inspirational message outweighed the pain inflicted by what he saw as its inaccurate portrayal of his life. But that has changed.

"There has been so much created from The Blind Side that I am grateful for, which is why you might find it as a shock that the experience surrounding the story has also been a large source of some of my deepest hurt and pain over the past 14 years," Oher wrote in his book "When Your Back's Against the Wall," released last week.

"Beyond the details of the deal, the politics, and the money behind the book and movie, it was the principle of the choices some people made that cut me the deepest."

Source: ESPN
Random Thoughts - Page 22 The-bl10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/14/2023, 12:36 pm

Go figure a "good christian family" committed massive fraud for two decades by exploiting a poor black kid, why that's just unheard of!!!

Do you think Sandra Bullock gives back that Oscar now that everybody knows the entire story was bullshit? jocolor

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/14/2023, 8:06 pm

I remembered earlier that I said I'd take pictures of the food I was growing in my backyard months ago, which I did but I never posted any of them so here's a few.

This was back in late-May when it was still cool enough to grow a table full of crispy fresh lettuce that provided fresh salad every night for months. The colorful flowers are just some basic pollinator plants.

Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn5810
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn5812
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn5814

These are a few of the buckets of potatoes that I planted in the Spring. I had other bucket rows but I unfortunately didn't photograph any of those before harvesting.
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn6010
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn6011
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn6012

This is a small sampling but for the most part I got a couple pounds of potatoes per bucket. If you want a real big yield, you'll need lots of buckets. However, they tasted incredible and store bought doesn't even compare.
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn6013

This first photo is from May and was my first experiment with vertical strawberry growing in laundry baskets.  Cool

Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn5813

And this is one of the baskets from a few days ago. I've been picking on average over one pound of fresh strawberries about every two days and lately they've been yielding some big 'uns. Even though they didn't photograph well they were crimson colored all the way through and tasted fresher than anything I've ever had before. They can't stop spitting runners all over ther ground which I will be transplanting this week for even more free strawberry plants for next year.  Cool
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn6113
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn6114

I'm also growing cherry tomatoes, cucumber, cantaloupe and watermelon but I didn't want to overload the thread with pics, so if you're interested I'll share them. Anyways, this is just a sampling and it's been years since I've grown anything so I'm just getting started again. Next year, I'm going to build sturdy trellises and raised planter beds. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Rusty likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/15/2023, 9:00 am

When you talked about gardening before I didn't think it was going to be this much variety. Looks like you put a lot of time and effort into this and it looks amazing! How do you keep the animals away?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/15/2023, 10:43 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:When you talked about gardening before I didn't think it was going to be this much variety. Looks like you put a lot of time and effort into this and it looks amazing! How do you keep the animals away?

I'd get bored if I was only growing one type of food and I want as much variety in my diet as I can get.

Growing your own food doesn't take as much work as you might think, you just gotta be regular on the watering and keep a set fertilizing schedule. Several of the plants that I grew only one or two of this year were just so I'd know what to do in the future with a much larger sampling size.

Years ago I used to have deer and rabbits moving through my property daily but over the last ten years everything around me has been so overdeveloped by real estate companies that I hardly ever see critters other than squirrels and birds. I used to see possums, raccoons, deer, bats and all kinds of critters but virtually nothing comes around anymore so they haven't been a problem, for me it's been all about the god damned bugs...

I snapped a few pics of my melon plants too. The one on the right is watermelon and the other three are cantaloupe and yes those are pantyhose, they make great hammocks to support the fruit from snapping off when you're growing vertical.  Cool

Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn6211

Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn6116

One of my (5) cherry tomato plants and pictured to the left of it is a young raspberry bush.

Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn6120
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn6118
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Dscn6119

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/15/2023, 7:55 pm

Nice plants! Those tomatoes look great. Mine are coming in nicely. They are orange and getting to be pretty sweet. They are non-stop. I pick all the orange ones today and tomorrow is another batch of goodness. Delicious
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/15/2023, 8:56 pm

Wait a minute Wylde, are you telling me you went to a store and bought some pantyhose? We need some answers.

Tomatoes looks delicious!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/16/2023, 12:13 am

joey con carne wrote:Nice plants! Those tomatoes look great. Mine are coming in nicely. They are orange and getting to be pretty sweet. They are non-stop. I pick all the orange ones today and tomorrow is another batch of goodness. Delicious

I've never grown tomatoes before, why are you picking them when they're still orange? Are you letting them continue to ripen or eating them as is? I haven't tried any of them yet.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Wait a minute Wylde, are you telling me you went to a store and bought some pantyhose? We need some answers.

I bought six packs of pantyhose and nothing else from my local Dollar Store and the 60 year old female cashier was still deeply confused even after I tried explaining they were for melon hammocks. Razz

For some reason, people in my town don't think we have the weather to grow fruit like this so they never try, especially not vertical. We're in the middle of a 90 degree heat wave all week, I hope my plants can survive a few more days of this, the heat was wrecking havoc on my strawberry plants...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/16/2023, 4:07 am

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Nice plants! Those tomatoes look great. Mine are coming in nicely. They are orange and getting to be pretty sweet. They are non-stop. I pick all the orange ones today and tomorrow is another batch of goodness. Delicious

I've never grown tomatoes before, why are you picking them when they're still orange? Are you letting them continue to ripen or eating them as is? I haven't tried any of them yet.

My old man does this with his tomatoes. Picks them just before they are ripe (say 90%), and lets them mature inside on the window ledge. They still get a little sun, but it does two things: Limits the exposure to bugs, pests, etc. Last thing you want is wait that extra two or three days before it's 100% only to have some grub creep in and fuck it up at the last minute.

Also, picking them a touch early slows down the ripening process a bit, which also extends their life a little. Whilst they may take an extra day or two to fully mature, once they mature, they'll last an extra day or two before they start getting too soft and mushy.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/16/2023, 6:00 am

Rusty wrote:My old man does this with his tomatoes. Picks them just before they are ripe (say 90%), and lets them mature inside on the window ledge. They still get a little sun, but it does two things: Limits the exposure to bugs, pests, etc. Last thing you want is wait that extra two or three days before it's 100% only to have some grub creep in and fuck it up at the last minute.

Also, picking them a touch early slows down the ripening process a bit, which also extends their life a little. Whilst they may take an extra day or two to fully mature, once they mature, they'll last an extra day or two before they start getting too soft and mushy.

I figured it had to be along those lines. Strawberries are the oposite, if you pick them before they're ripe that bitter sour taste is the best you can hope for.

I'll have to pull a few tomatoes today and see what happens. 

Thanks.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/16/2023, 7:01 am

The other day I read that actress Bethany Joy Lenz of One Tree Hill admitted that for the entire series run, she was in a deeply religious cult not unlike NXIVM and now a few days later I read that Grace Park of Battlestar Galactica and Hawaii Five-0 was a member of NXIVM and didn't leave until 2017 when all the stories started coming out. If I remember correctly, her character was written out of H50 to go stop international sex trafficking rings, oh the irony. Park was likely recruited into the cult by her fellow BSG alum and one of Rainerie's right hand women, Nicki Clyne which would put Park's involvement at over 15 years.

According to former members, both Park and Kristen Kreuk were high ranking recruiters of the cult but publicly claim they knew very little about any of it.

I'm just going to start assuming that most tv actress are either members of a sex cult or recruit for one. I never thought any of these women were talented but I'd assumed they got their careers the old fashioned way, casting couches not lifelong memberships in sex cults...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/16/2023, 3:39 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I've never grown tomatoes before, why are you picking them when they're still orange? Are you letting them continue to ripen or eating them as is? I haven't tried any of them yet.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Wait a minute Wylde, are you telling me you went to a store and bought some pantyhose? We need some answers.

I bought six packs of pantyhose and nothing else from my local Dollar Store and the 60 year old female cashier was still deeply confused even after I tried explaining they were for melon hammocks. Razz

For some reason, people in my town don't think we have the weather to grow fruit like this so they never try, especially not vertical. We're in the middle of a 90 degree heat wave all week, I hope my plants can survive a few more days of this, the heat was wrecking havoc on my strawberry plants...

My tomatoes are orange. They don't turn red. They turn a deep orange/yellow. I don't even know what they are called... photo below. Sorry for large size.

When you were explaining to the cashier about "melon hammocks" I wish I was there. I would have been like Beavis and Butt-Head "uh huh huh huh huh Melons huhuhuhuhuhuh"

Random Thoughts - Page 22 Zima_Overhead_001-small
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/16/2023, 6:54 pm

joey con carne wrote:

My tomatoes are orange. They don't turn red. They turn a deep orange/yellow. I don't even know what they are called... photo below. Sorry for large size.

Those look like Roma tomatoes. The Red variety is what I use in my Bolognese as well as my pizza sauce.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next