BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6, 2022)

4 posters

Go down

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6, 2022) Empty Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6, 2022)

Post by WyldeMan 12/10/2020, 10:16 am

Rachel McAdams Returning For ‘Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness’
 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6, 2022) Doctor11
EXCLUSIVE: After months speculating whether Rachel McAdams would return to reprise her role in the next Doctor Strange film, sources Deadline McAdams has closed a deal to join Benedict Cumberbatch in Marvel’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Cumberbatch returns to reprise the title role with Sam Raimi taking over directing duties.

Marvel had no comment.

Benedict Wong and Chiwetel Ejiofor also are expected to reprise their roles from the original film as, respectively, fellow sorcerer Wong and Strange’s compatriot-turned-nemesis Karl Mordo. And Elizabeth Olsen has been tapped to reprise her role as Scarlet Witch, aka Wanda Maximoff. Deadline recently broke that Xochitl Gomez is also joining the cast.

Plot details are unknown at this time as is how big of role McAdams will have. Production will begin after Cumberbatch finishes filming on the next Spider-Man pic, where Cumberbatch also will be playing Doctor Strange.

Raimi replaces original director Scott Derrickson, who departed the project in January due to creative differences. Derrickson remains as an executive producer. Raimi, meanwhile, will need to get up to speed before the film’s scheduled production start date in May.

McAdams is coming off her heartwarming performance in the Netflix musical comedy Eurovision, which showed off her comedic chops once again and earned her strong reviews across the board.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 12/22/2021, 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6, 2022) Empty Re: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6, 2022)

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/10/2020, 1:24 pm

Nice! Guessing the multiverse will begin in Spider-Man 3 and then continue in this sequel. This is definitely Strange's area of expertise.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6, 2022) Empty Re: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6, 2022)

Post by WyldeMan 12/10/2020, 1:42 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Nice! Guessing the multiverse will begin in Spider-Man 3 and then continue in this sequel. This is definitely Strange's area of expertise.

This next phase of the MCU is all about girl power right? It's the succession of all the male characters by female counterparts going forward, so do you think we'll get Spider-Gwen?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/22/2021, 9:47 am

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Trailer: WandaVision's Wanda Cops to Her Westview 'Mistakes'
Wanda Maximoff admits that she made some “mistakes” during the events of Disney+’s WandaVision, in a new teaser trailer for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (in theaters May 6… probably/hopefully).

Originally released as Spider-Man: No Way Home‘s end-of-credits “scene,” the teaser above doesn’t spoil the latest Spider-Man film, other than to establish that the multiverse has been unsettled — at least in part due to Doctor Strange (played by Benedict Cumberbatch) casting a spell against Wong’s (Benedict Wong) better advisement.

As seen above, Strange will seek out Wanda (Elizabeth Olsen) — not to hear her penance for entrapping the people of WandaVision‘s sleepy Westview, N.J. in the course of grieving Vision — but to find out what she herself knows about the multiverse.

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESSThe trailer also features glimpses of Wong himself, Wanda in Scarlet Witch mode, the return of Chiwetel Ejiofor’s Baron Mordo, Xochitl Gomez’s America Chavez, the tentacled Gargantos, and a live-action incarnation of a certain What If…? character.

A poster was also released, seen below.

Cumberbatch’s Doctor Strange was lined up to appear in a WandaVision bonus scene, but ultimately it was decided to forego the potentially distracting cameo. “It would have taken away from Wanda, which is what we didn’t want to do,” Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige told our sister publication Rolling Stone. “We didn’t want the end of the show to be commoditized to go to the next movie [a la] here’s the white guy, ‘Let me show you how power works.’”
 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6, 2022) Doctor12

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2022, 11:51 am

What new MCU characters are you hoping/expecting to see arrive from the opening of the Multiverse?

I've been reading rumors for months that everybody from Patrick Stewart's Professor X to Tom Cruise as Superior Iron Man to Wesley Snipes as Blade will be appearing in Doctor Strange.

Though I feel like only one of those is feasible or possible, who if anybody would you like to see arrive in the MCU next?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/26/2022, 12:45 pm

Blade is already in this universe so I'm already looking forward to that. I would think Deadpool would be the obvious choice but not sure if he's already in this universe or not. Would be awesome to see Cruise as well.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2022, 2:29 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Blade is already in this universe so I'm already looking forward to that. I would think Deadpool would be the obvious choice but not sure if he's already in this universe or not. Would be awesome to see Cruise as well.

Yes, Mahershala's Blade is in the main universe but the OG Blade is still in his. However, I feel like it's been way too long for this return and I'm ready to move on. 

Tom Cruise seems so dedicated to making Mission Impossible sequels that I can't believed he'd be willing to lock himself into a Marvel contract where he's part of an ensemble.

I do however expect to see Patrick Stewart's Professor X because this one has been the most persistent rumor and a lot of folks are positive they've already spotted the back of his head in one of the super bowl trailers. I would prefer if James McAvoy's Professor X returned because you don't want your Professor X leading the first wave of Disney's X-Men to be played by an 82 year old, that doesn't bode well for his long term prospects and future MCU appearances while McAvoy would offer a lot of opportunity for expansion.

I've read that Magneto may also make an appearance but no clue to if its McKellen, Fassbender or someone new who's expected. I've read the same about Wolverine so it's possible multiple X-Men characters will debut here.

John Krasinski as Reed Richards has been rumored for over a year now.

Keanu Reeves has reportedly been cast in a top secret MCU role at the same time the Ghost Rider rumors have been ramping back up...

However, I do know we're getting at least three or four different variants of Doctor Strange and a couple Wandas and allegedly a Captain Carter too.

Basically every character that has ever existed in the MCU is rumored to be making their debut in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/28/2022, 5:04 pm

That is insane! I hope the runtime is long with than many possible characters making an appearance.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/8/2022, 10:45 am

Saw it last night, was disappointed
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/9/2022, 9:19 am

Tyger wrote:Saw it last night, was disappointed

Really? I'm seeing a lot of positive reviews and they're saying it's one of the best ones. Going to try to go next week.

Is it better than the first one?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/9/2022, 10:09 am

I’ve heard it had lower reviews than most Marvel movies, but I don’t really look up reviews usually

I dunno, I didn’t love the first either

My biggest issue is No Way Home opened the door the multiverse and this movie literally has Multiverse in the title and…there’s not a hell of a lot of multiverse.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/10/2022, 9:57 am

Tyger wrote:My biggest issue is No Way Home opened the door the multiverse and this movie literally has Multiverse in the title and…there’s not a hell of a lot of multiverse.

That's surprising! What the heck is the movie about? lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/10/2022, 11:39 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Tyger wrote:My biggest issue is No Way Home opened the door the multiverse and this movie literally has Multiverse in the title and…there’s not a hell of a lot of multiverse.

That's surprising! What the heck is the movie about? lol

Yeah based on months of endless rumors I thought characters were going to be flooding in from the multiverse but I've really only heard of two or three characters that appeared and only one was one of the major names rumored. This surprised me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/10/2022, 5:08 pm

All the big cameos are in one universe and speaking of cameos, they did Bruce Campbell dirty
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/11/2022, 9:18 am

Tyger wrote:All the big cameos are in one universe and speaking of cameos, they did Bruce Campbell dirty

All the cameos are in one Universe not a flood of characters from all of them? Can you list the ones you remember? I've only read about Patrick Stewart and Charlize Theron.

What happened to Bruce? But whatever it was, wouldn't it have been Raimi's call?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/11/2022, 8:39 pm

You got me on Charlize, she’s in a mid-credits scene.

In one part of the movie they got to this universe and meet the Illuminati. It was added to Wikipedia so I’ll just copy and past:

The Illuminati of Earth-838 also includes Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier / Professor X, portraying a different version of the character that he previously played in 20th Century Fox's X-Men film series; Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter / Captain Carter, after voicing another version in the animated series What If...? (2021); Lashana Lynch as Maria Rambeau / Captain Marvel, an alternate version of her character from Captain Marvel (2019); Anson Mount as Blackagar Boltagon / Black Bolt, an alternate version of his role from Marvel's ABC television series Inhumans (2017); and John Krasinski as Reed Richards / Mister Fantastic, a member of the Fantastic Four.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/12/2022, 10:20 am

Tyger wrote:You got me on Charlize, she’s in a mid-credits scene.

In one part of the movie they got to this universe and meet the Illuminati. It was added to Wikipedia so I’ll just copy and past:

The Illuminati of Earth-838 also includes Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier / Professor X, portraying a different version of the character that he previously played in 20th Century Fox's X-Men film series; Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter / Captain Carter, after voicing another version in the animated series What If...? (2021); Lashana Lynch as Maria Rambeau / Captain Marvel, an alternate version of her character from Captain Marvel (2019); Anson Mount as Blackagar Boltagon / Black Bolt, an alternate version of his role from Marvel's ABC television series Inhumans (2017); and John Krasinski as Reed Richards / Mister Fantastic, a member of the Fantastic Four.

The Illuminati? WTF? I was not expecting that........

Oh shit Krasinki actually did debut??? I was sure that was a two year rumor that was never going to pan out. I wonder if this was a one off for the fans who'd been calling for it for so long, or if he'll return.

I'd also heard Captain Carter was long rumored but I didn't expect them to show up as a board of directors either.

Anson Mount's Black Bolt? That's so random. I'd have preferred SHIELD's Daisy Quake Johnson to Black Bolt if they're bringing the Inhumans back into play.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/12/2022, 8:41 pm

Professor X was in the gold floating chair so that was dope, but the Illuminati got killed embarrassingly easily by Wanda
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/12/2022, 9:30 pm

Tyger wrote:Professor X was in the gold floating chair so that was dope, but the Illuminati got killed embarrassingly easily by Wanda

Like the chair in the animated X-Men series? I read they also used the music at some point.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/13/2022, 10:43 am

Tyger wrote:Professor X was in the gold floating chair so that was dope, but the Illuminati got killed embarrassingly easily by Wanda

I read that earlier, they brought in all these great actors and beloved characters and then immediately killed them all.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/13/2022, 5:22 pm

Rusty wrote:

Like the chair in the animated X-Men series? I read they also used the music at some point.
Yup, exactly and I saw the X-Men theme in the credits but didn’t notice it myself. There was a lot of reaction to his appearance though cause people in Utah are easily and audibly amazed.

Also, we barely saw any stretching from Reed Richards, that was the biggest waste in my eyes
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/14/2022, 1:26 pm

Tyger wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Yup, exactly and I saw the X-Men theme in the credits but didn’t notice it myself. There was a lot of reaction to his appearance though cause people in Utah are easily and audibly amazed.

Also, we barely saw any stretching from Reed Richards, that was the biggest waste in my eyes

Something I was unclear of from random internet posts, the Illuminati were murdered by the Scarlet Witch but was it the main Wanda we've been following over the years or a darker version from the multiverse? After WandaVision things weren't exactly left clarified on that front.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/14/2022, 5:02 pm

I’m pretty sure it’s the main Wanda under the influence of a dark spell book, but there is another Wanda from another universe with her twins
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down