BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Dragons (Chris Pine) (May 27, 2022)

2 posters

Go down

Dungeons and Dragons (Chris Pine) (May 27, 2022) Empty Dungeons and Dragons (Chris Pine) (May 27, 2022)

Post by WyldeMan 12/14/2020, 6:54 pm

Chris Pine to Star in ‘Dungeons and Dragons’ Movie for Paramount
Dungeons and Dragons (Chris Pine) (May 27, 2022) Chris-14
Chris Pine is in negotiations to star in “Dungeons and Dragons,” Paramount and eOne’s upcoming film adaptation of the popular fantasy role-playing game.

Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley, the duo best known for “Game Night” starring Rachel McAdams and Jason Bateman, are directing the movie and writing the screenplay, which is based on a draft by Michael Gilio.

Paramount is co-producing and co-financing the “Dungeons and Dragons” movie with Hasbro and eOne. eOne is distributing the movie in the U.K. and Canada, while Paramount is handling the rollout in the rest of the world. The release date was recently pushed back from November of 2021 to May 27, 2022.

Jeremy Latcham is producing the movie for eOne, which Hasbro acquired last year. Brian Goldner is producing for Hasbro.

“Dungeons and Dragons” was first adapted into a movie for New Line Cinema in 2000. The film, which starred Justin Whalin, Marlon Wayans and Jeremy Irons, was a critical and commercial flop.

The upcoming iteration has been in the works for years. It was originally set up at Warner Bros. with Ansel Elgort being considered for the lead role. At the time, “Goosebumps” filmmaker Rob Letterman was set to direct. After a legal battle between Sweetpea Entertainment and Hasbro about ownership rights, the film was moved to Paramount. Chris McKay was brought on to helm the film before he was replaced by Goldstein and Daley in 2019.

Pine will be seen next alongside Gal Gadot in the superhero adventure “Wonder Woman 1984,” reprising his role as Wonder Woman’s love interest, Steve Trevor. The sequel to 2017’s smash hit “Wonder Woman” is debuting on HBO Max and in U.S. movie theaters on Dec. 25. He’s currently working on Olivia Wilde’s upcoming movie “Don’t Worry Darling.” The psychological thriller also stars Florence Pugh and Harry Styles.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons (Chris Pine) (May 27, 2022) Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons (Chris Pine) (May 27, 2022)

Post by joey con carne 12/15/2020, 6:32 am

I would love to see a film adaptation of the Legends trilogy. That story is one of the most badass stories I have ever read before. Maybe even do the Chronicles after that. But if they bring back Marlon Wayons or some other stupid comic relief, this movie will flop just as bad as the 2000 piece of crap.

I have low expectations for this but Chris Pine gives me some hope.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons (Chris Pine) (May 27, 2022) Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons (Chris Pine) (May 27, 2022)

Post by WyldeMan 12/15/2020, 7:57 am

joey con carne wrote:I would love to see a film adaptation of the Legends trilogy. That story is one of the most badass stories I have ever read before. Maybe even do the Chronicles after that. But if they bring back Marlon Wayons or some other stupid comic relief, this movie will flop just as bad as the 2000 piece of crap.

I have low expectations for this but Chris Pine gives me some hope.

While I enjoyed John Francis Daley's actor work, his writing projects with Goldstein have mainly resulted in comedies I watched once and then purged from my memory. Their co-credits include; Horrible Bosses and Horrible Bosses 2, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, the National Lampoon's Vacation reboot and most recently they co-wrote Spider-Man: Homecoming with like five other people.

So take from that what you will but I'd probably want to manage expectations and expect Jason Bateman to have a large role....
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down