BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

1 - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 4/30/2020, 7:03 am

Wrestlers and celebs are equally losing their minds at home and willing to do anything to keep busy, even fighting over video messaging. This video includes Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, Corey Taylor, Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias, Duff McKagen and Lou Ferrigno with a taser. This is easily my favorite Manitoba Melee! Razz

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/30/2020, 2:46 pm

Rusty wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if China's numbers are full of shit. They currently list only approx 800 people are infected. Yes. Eight hundred people out of 1 Billion+. That's horseshit. Chances are they aren't releasing the numbers, or just stopped testing in a lot of areas and are just letting it go. Neither is surprising.

Exactly. China numbers are completely unreliable (read: total bullshit). I think back in March when infections were ramping up in the world they claimed to have zero new infections. LOL IMHO : )[/quote]

Yup, that makes more sense to me. They're probably scared of how the world will put the blame on them, which is inevitable, so I understand why they would lie about their numbers.

But to hear stories of how some Chinese people have been treated in the U.S. is awful. There is no reason for that.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/30/2020, 3:58 pm

God damn it Joey! There is something fundamentally wrong with your people...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/1/2020, 7:59 am

Treat yo self 2020!!!!  Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/1/2020, 10:17 am

WyldeMan wrote:
God damn it Joey! There is something fundamentally wrong with your people...

When you say "my people" I'm assuming you mean NY'ers because that funeral home isn't Chinese-owned. LOL

Yea, NY'ers are retarded.

Did you hear about the Thunderbirds jets flying around NYC to say "thank you" to all the essential workers in NYC? On the advertisements for the flyover, it specifically asked people not to gather to watch it. Guess what happened.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/1/2020, 11:07 am

joey con carne wrote:When you say "my people" I'm assuming you mean NY'ers because that funeral home isn't Chinese-owned. LOL

Yea, NY'ers are retarded.

Did you hear about the Thunderbirds jets flying around NYC to say "thank you" to all the essential workers in NYC? On the advertisements for the flyover, it specifically asked people not to gather to watch it. Guess what happened.

Hahaha, of course I meant New Yorkers, every day someone else is making the news for insanely stupid shit like that and it's a veritable melting pot of mentally illness. As far as I know, stupidity is not race based but it does seem to effect Republicans far more.

I saw everybody gathered around watching the jets fly overhead while not wearing masks and standing right next to each other. It's as if New Yorkers watch their messiah Trump speak and then feeling flush with stupidity see staying inside as a challenge to their freedom, so they shuttle outside like the sheep that they are.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/1/2020, 7:20 pm

RIP Sam Lloyd.

Ted Buckland was awesome. Cool

I only finished my Scrubs series rewatch last month and saw this scene on Cougar Town just a few days ago.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/1/2020, 8:34 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
RIP Sam Lloyd.

Ted Buckland was awesome. Cool

I only finished my Scrubs series rewatch last month and saw this scene on Cougar Town just a few days ago.

I didn't know he died. I remember him from Scrubs and other comedy shows. RIP
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/2/2020, 12:10 pm

The other day about about the Broadway actor Nick Cordero who was being taken apart piece by piece at the hospital and since then, they found out hus lungs now have holes in them like a person who's smoked for 50 years and now they've given him a trach to get him off the ventilator because you know, a giant hole in your throat is a positive step in the right direction. That poor pickled bastard.....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/2/2020, 3:28 pm

WyldeMan wrote:The other day about about the Broadway actor Nick Cordero who was being taken apart piece by piece at the hospital and since then, they found out hus lungs now have holes in them like a person who's smoked for 50 years and now they've given him a trach to get him off the ventilator because you know, a giant hole in your throat is a positive step in the right direction. That poor pickled bastard.....

Damn man! Is this all because of Corona or did he have other underlying issues and the virus just made it worse?

83 degrees outside today.......I've missed this weather.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/2/2020, 3:48 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn man! Is this all because of Corona or did he have other underlying issues and the virus just made it worse?

83 degrees outside today.......I've missed this weather.

He's apparently tested negative for COVID on his last two tests but I maintain the hospital is what's killing him as he was totally healthy before the initial infection.

52 degrees at my house today.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/3/2020, 9:05 am

Texas Company Claims Robot Kills COVID-19, Being Used In Hospitals
A Texas company claims it has a solution for COVID-19 ... a robot that can kill the virus ... feds, hospitals and universities are already buying in, and pro sports could be next.

Here's the deal ... San Antonio-based Xenex Disinfection Services claims they have perfected a $100,000 robot that can zap the deadly virus to death, and it's already being used by the Department of Defense, Mayo Clinic and prestigious universities, with more deep-pocketed clients waiting in the wings.

The so-called savior is dubbed the Xenex LightStrike Germ-Zapping Robot ... and we're told it's already decontaminating workspaces at 10 U.S. military bases, LAPD's Skid Row station plus campuses at Stanford and USC.

Major sports leagues could soon jump on the futuristic bandwagon ... company honchos tell us franchises from the NBA and MLB are both looking to use the robot to kill germs at team facilities.

Here's how it works ... the robot uses a xenon lamp to generate bursts of high intensity, full germicidal spectrum UVC light -- more intense than sunlight -- to deactivate viruses, bacteria and spores. Different pathogens are susceptible to UVC light at different wavelengths.

The robot works alone ... we're told people and pets must be out of the room undergoing disinfection because too much UVC light is dangerous to the eyes -- it's kinda like staring at the sun.

Uncle Sam seems gung ho on the robot ... we're told the DoD is starting to “actively test the robot to decontaminate airplanes and research labs.”

Business is booming for Xenex ... we're told sales are up 600% over the same time last year, and they just sold a robot to someone who wants to disinfect a megayacht. Gyms and fitness centers are starting to make inquires too.

The robots are made in San Antonio, and we're told proud owners are even giving them names ... like Rosie, Ray, Sunny, Duncan, Tiger and Gronk.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/3/2020, 9:18 am

You guys know I'm not much a gamer but I have mentioned my love for Fallout and Assassin's Creed on numerous occasions and now my favorite gaming franchise has Vikings?!?!?!? Why didn't you fuckers tell me about this?!?!!?!?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/3/2020, 1:10 pm

Haven't played Assassins since AC 3. Looks a lot like the Vikings show. cool trailer though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/3/2020, 7:20 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Haven't played Assassins since AC 3. Looks a lot like the Vikings show. cool trailer though.

Yes it does look like the Vikings series and it takes place during the same time period in the same locations and King Alfred is the main villain. 

I'm really looking forward to plundering christian villages of their gold before burning them to the ground and taking their women back to my ship.

It's the game I've been waiting my whole life for....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/3/2020, 8:27 pm

Never played the AC games before. Are they any good?
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/4/2020, 7:24 am

Rusty wrote:Never played the AC games before. Are they any good?

I loved AC IV: Black Flag where you got to play as a pirate and attacked ships, killed their crews, took their shit and burned the ship before setting off to do it again. You had your own island where you establish your own pirate kingdom and you also get different assassination missions to pull off and then you always gotta make some crazy escape while murdering strangers with your gauntlet blades. I'd compare AC to Red Dead in their both very open world games that allow you to immerse yourself in a story without getting bored quickly.

The AC games have great story lines and the games don't end in five hours, I think I probably had 100 hours into Black Flag.

As much fun as I had with Black Flag, the idea of getting to do the same kind of stuff but on a whole new level as a Viking could be fantastic. I can't wait to see all the advancements they've made in the years since.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/4/2020, 6:08 pm

I just found out about CW Seed (www.cwseed.com). Stupid name for a streaming service but it's all free and they have lots of older CW shows. Constantine, Birds of Prey, Ringer, Everybody Hates Chris just to name a few. Neat-o.

It's ad-supported, though. But hey, it's all free to stream. Woot woot. I can watch some Dina Meyer and Ashley Scott any day.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/4/2020, 6:28 pm

joey con carne wrote:I just found out about CW Seed (www.cwseed.com). Stupid name for a streaming service but it's all free and they have lots of older CW shows. Constantine, Birds of Prey, Ringer, Everybody Hates Chris just to name a few. Neat-o.

It's ad-supported, though. But hey, it's all free to stream. Woot woot. I can watch some Dina Meyer and Ashley Scott any day.

Never heard of it but good to know. Thanks Joey!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/5/2020, 6:10 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
joey con carne wrote:I just found out about CW Seed (www.cwseed.com). Stupid name for a streaming service but it's all free and they have lots of older CW shows. Constantine, Birds of Prey, Ringer, Everybody Hates Chris just to name a few. Neat-o.

Never heard of it but good to know. Thanks Joey!

CW Seed has been around for awhile, they released some Flash and Arrow animation a few seasons back. I've never looked into what else they have but I haven't really been watching CW shows either.

Tom Cruise, Elona Musk's Space X and NASA are going to make the first scripted movie shot in space. This can only mean one thing....that's right folks, Tom Cruise is finally going into outer space to look for Xenu!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/5/2020, 1:53 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/5/2020, 4:27 pm

The bags under Danny Trejo's eyes is where he keeps his heroin stash. They are impenetrable.

I feel like I'm losing my freakin' mind. Every day is Groundhog Day. I wake up and sit at the same spot at my dining room table. I get up for snacks, to hang out or nap on the couch for a bit, and then I sit at my dining table. It's the same shit every day. Last week Friday, I thought was Tuesday. That was fucked up.

And I am pretty sure I have said this like five times already.

Here's an article I read about the NY shutdown reopening plan. https://ny.eater.com/2020/5/4/21246820/nyc-restaurant-reopening-coronavirus-cuomo-phase-3

More details are now out on Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s New York reopening plan — with restaurants put into “phase 3,” behind construction and real estate services.

The plan, announced on Monday, put restaurants in the same group as hotels, though it did not delineate a timeline. Eater has reached out to the governor’s office for comment. Phase 1 includes construction and manufacturing jobs, and phase 2 allows professional services, real estate, and financial services to reopen. Arts and entertainment businesses fall into phase 4.

The timeline largely depends on how various regions in the state overcome the spread of the virus and meet criteria outlined by the governor that would allow the region to reopen. Factors include stats like a 14-day decline in hospitalization and deaths, tests conducted, and the number of available beds hospitals.

New York City is the hardest hit region in the state — of the more than 19,000 deaths in the state, more than 13,000 are in NYC — and has yet to meet all the criteria for reopening.

At present, New York State has shutdown orders in place until May 15, but only some parts of the state and some businesses will get to reopen after that. As previously reported, several construction sites have already reopened in New York, and restaurants and bars are open for takeout and delivery along with other essential services like grocery stores.

In California, restaurants have been slotted in phase 2 of the reopening plan and are likely to open for some type of dine-in service before July or August. California, though, has a little more than 2,000 deaths, compared to New York’s 19,000.

In NYC, the de Blasio administration is considering adding outdoor restaurant seats on closed city streets, but plans are still up in the air. Industry experts say restaurants may implement a variety of measures, including temperature checks, and the use of smartphones as they look to ease concerns of workers and customers looking to return to dining rooms.

Cuomo’s reopening advisory board includes restaurateur Danny Meyer, Tren’ness Woods-Black from Harlem soul food spot Sylvia’s, and Andrew Rigie of the NYC Hospitality Alliance, which represents thousands of restaurants in the city, all of whom will guide the reopening strategy for places in the city.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/6/2020, 10:12 am

joey con carne wrote:The bags under Danny Trejo's eyes is where he keeps his heroin stash. They are impenetrable.

I feel like I'm losing my freakin' mind. Every day is Groundhog Day. I wake up and sit at the same spot at my dining room table. I get up for snacks, to hang out or nap on the couch for a bit, and then I sit at my dining table. It's the same shit every day. Last week Friday, I thought was Tuesday. That was fucked up.

Here's an article I read about the NY shutdown reopening plan. https://ny.eater.com/2020/5/4/21246820/nyc-restaurant-reopening-coronavirus-cuomo-phase-3

I still wouldn't fuck with Trejo even though he's a tiny old man now, dude will always looks like he'll rip out your throat with his bare teeth, no matter his age.

That really sucks for you Joey, being cooped up in the city. Are you unable to go get out for some nature or is it just concrete and walls you see? Fortunately for me, I'm surrounded by trees and nature on all sides and can get unlimited fresh air whenever I step outside. Being able to have all my windows wide open this week has been a real nice change of pace since last week was all 40's and now we're into the 60's again.

My state started reopening limited stuff on Tuesday the 4th. Hiking, fishing and golf are re-opened and they have the hilarious safety stipulation that everybody in either a boat or a golf party must live in the same house. As if every boat and golf cart are going to get pulled over and checked out. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/6/2020, 10:17 am

CBS was the first network to announce renewals and cancellations amid the pandemic and have taken the safe route by renewing 25 and cancelling only 3 instead of ordering a bunch of new shows.

I feel like most of the networks are also going to follow this plan and we likely won't be seeing too many new shows in the fall and mid-season.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/6/2020, 11:52 am

joey con carne wrote:I feel like I'm losing my freakin' mind. Every day is Groundhog Day. I wake up and sit at the same spot at my dining room table. I get up for snacks, to hang out or nap on the couch for a bit, and then I sit at my dining table. It's the same shit every day. Last week Friday, I thought was Tuesday. That was fucked up.

I'm pretty sure you said this before. lol Hang in there Joey! You have to find something to do. I've been working out. Yesterday I mowed the lawn, took me 3 hours to clean the yard and trim edges and do an oil change on the mower.

WyldeMan wrote:That really sucks for you Joey, being cooped up in the city. Are you unable to go get out for some nature or is it just concrete and walls you see? Fortunately for me, I'm surrounded by trees and nature on all sides and can get unlimited fresh air whenever I step outside. Being able to have all my windows wide open this week has been a real nice change of pace since last week was all 40's and now we're into the 60's again.

Weather has been fucked up lately. One minute it's in the mid 80's and the it's down to high 40's. I hope I don't get sick.

WyldeMan wrote:My state started reopening limited stuff on Tuesday the 4th. Hiking, fishing and golf are re-opened and they have the hilarious safety stipulation that everybody in either a boat or a golf party must live in the same house. As if every boat and golf cart are going to get pulled over and checked out. Razz

Things are slowly opening up here too.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/6/2020, 12:06 pm

I live in the suburbs right outside of Queens. I'm in Long Island. I can go out and walk around, which I do often, but that only helps so much. The other day I cleaned out my gutters and then discovered there's gutters too high up on my house for me to reach. I can't climb up there because if I slip and fall I'll die. So I will have to hire someone to do that.

Also, most things around me are closed except for restaurants which offer take-out only and essentials like gas stations and supermarkets. Pretty darn boring.

One of my buddies comes to my house every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to work out. I have a few pieces of equipment to work out. I have PowerBlocks which go to 70lbs per hand and also an IronMaster Super Bench with the ability to incline and decline.

When this is all over I'm looking to join LA Fitness to get a proper workout. I need more than just two dumbells and a bench. What I have now is great but I definitely need more.

NY was hit really hard because of the various grievances I mentioned earlier in the thread so things are not re-opening yet. It's going to be a while. I'm sure the phases will be weeks between each so I am probably looking at working from home until at least the end of June. At the very least. Realistically, I'm thinking maybe through the summer.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/6/2020, 3:48 pm

joey con carne wrote:I live in the suburbs right outside of Queens. I'm in Long Island. I can go out and walk around, which I do often, but that only helps so much. The other day I cleaned out my gutters and then discovered there's gutters too high up on my house for me to reach. I can't climb up there because if I slip and fall I'll die. So I will have to hire someone to do that.

Also, most things around me are closed except for restaurants which offer take-out only and essentials like gas stations and supermarkets. Pretty darn boring.

One of my buddies comes to my house every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to work out. I have a few pieces of equipment to work out. I have PowerBlocks which go to 70lbs per hand and also an IronMaster Super Bench with the ability to incline and decline.

When this is all over I'm looking to join LA Fitness to get a proper workout. I need more than just two dumbells and a bench. What I have now is great but I definitely need more.

NY was hit really hard because of the various grievances I mentioned earlier in the thread so things are not re-opening yet. It's going to be a while. I'm sure the phases will be weeks between each so I am probably looking at working from home until at least the end of June. At the very least. Realistically, I'm thinking maybe through the summer.

Suburbs like you live in a house? I've always pictured New Yorkers crammed into tiny 500sq ft apartments for $8k a month. Are you telling me my ideas based on years of tv shows are incorrect? Ain't that some shit....

I've gotta ask, are you guys still picking up food during all of this? Prior to COVID I cooked roughly 90% of my own meals all the time but since the pandemic it's been 100%. I haven't even thought about getting food some other asshole prepared. I gotta add that being able to cook is really paying off in getting lady friends to break quarantine. Cool 

I haven't worked out in a gym in years, I still do workouts in the woods behind my house and my yard but I don't life weights in a gym anymore. I have some tractor tires in my yard I use for strength training, beats the hell out of bench presses and bicep curls.

Next week my state will re-open car dealerships, retail stores, Starbucks and by June 1st restaurants, barber shops and other businesses. It looks like everybody is just going to go back to business and pretend that we are set up for the catastrophic infection rates that will inevitably come next.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/6/2020, 7:06 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I've gotta ask, are you guys still picking up food during all of this? Prior to COVID I cooked roughly 90% of my own meals all the time but since the pandemic it's been 100%. I haven't even thought about getting food some other asshole prepared. I gotta add that being able to cook is really paying off in getting lady friends to break quarantine. Cool 

Yeah, I'm still eating out. I can't cook man. I can make breakfast stuff. I can make pasta, rice and beans, grill chicken and just easy stuff. What are you making?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/6/2020, 8:48 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I've gotta ask, are you guys still picking up food during all of this? Prior to COVID I cooked roughly 90% of my own meals all the time but since the pandemic it's been 100%. I haven't even thought about getting food some other asshole prepared. I gotta add that being able to cook is really paying off in getting lady friends to break quarantine. Cool 

Yeah, I'm still eating out. I can't cook man. I can make breakfast stuff. I can make pasta, rice and beans, grill chicken and just easy stuff. What are you making?

Seems like a good way to die dude, trusting that a minimum wage employee in the food industry suddenly learned to wash their hands after 30 years of never trying it before because they used bolder print on the bathroom sign.

I've got a freezer loaded steak and chicken so I've been BBQ'ing a lot lately with variety of different dishes with those base. I'm usually a very simple meat and potatoes kind of guy but I can cook pretty much anything. My mom's motto in the kitchen has always been "if you can read, you can cook" and that's always proven true in my case because with a recipe or a cook book, I'm god damned Bobby Flay. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/6/2020, 8:58 pm

Holy fuck man, Canadian cops are not chill! Poor girl, those pigs fucked up her Star Wars Day and her face! Evil or Very Mad

Stormtrooper Cosplayer with Toy Blaster Gets Taken Down by Cops on Star Wars Day
A Star Wars fan dressed as a Stormtrooper was taken down by Canadian police for handling a toy blaster. A bar in Alberta, Canada was celebrating May the Fourth outdoors in their parking lot when the incident occurred. Apparently someone in the area assumed that the teenage girl in the Stormtrooper suit was carrying a real weapon and called it into local law enforcement. Police quickly arrived with their guns aimed directly at the young woman, who immediately followed orders and dropped the toy gun.

However, things took a turn for the worse when the 19-year old woman, who is also an employee of the bar, was not able to get on the ground quick enough. Apparently Stormtrooper suits aren't very flexible. Video footage of the incident proves that the woman was attempting to get on the ground while Canadian police started to lose their cool. Once she was able to get down to her knees, three officers helped her the rest of the way down, allegedly using force (not the Force). The unidentified woman suffered a bloody nose during the ordeal because she claims the officers slammed her face on the ground.

It's unclear why the police needed to go any further after discovering that the Stormtrooper was carrying a toy blaster, especially since it's well-known that even Stormtroopers with real blasters in the Star Wars franchise have terrible aim. "Upon police arrival, the subject dropped the weapon but did not initially comply with further police directions to get down on the ground," law enforcement said in a statement. "The weapon was ultimately confirmed to be a fake firearm and the female subject, who indicated she was an employee promoting a local business, was not charged." The report went on to say, "The female sustained a minor injury but did not require medical attention."

An investigation has been launched to look into the police actions during the incident. Chief Scott Woods has initiated an investigation after reviewing social media and video footage to determine whether or not the officers acted appropriately. It's clear from the video that the woman was having a hard time getting down on the ground and her boss can be heard trying to explain this to the officers, who seemingly ignore him.

According to the woman's boss, Bradley Whalen, "She kept yelling at them that she couldn't kneel down because, in that stormtrooper costume, you can't even sit down in it, like it's impossible to sit down." The woman is eventually seen laying face down on the pavement and crying, as two cops attempt to handcuff her. "You could tell by looking at it, even 10 feet away, that it was a plastic toy," Whalen said. It isn't clear if the woman or the restaurant will be placing charges, but they are all pretty angry about the incident. They were just trying to celebrate Star Wars Day in peace. TMZ was the first to report on the Stormtrooper incident.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/7/2020, 7:40 am

It's clear from the video that the woman was having a hard time getting down on the ground and her boss can be heard trying to explain this to the officers, who seemingly ignore him.
I don't have audio in that video but if that quote is true, that really sucks. A lot of police officers will not listen to reason and feel like if they do they lose some authority and control over the situation.

Of course, they will be found to have acted appropriately. No surprise there.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/7/2020, 1:26 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Seems like a good way to die dude, trusting that a minimum wage employee in the food industry suddenly learned to wash their hands after 30 years of never trying it before because they used bolder print on the bathroom sign.

I've got a freezer loaded steak and chicken so I've been BBQ'ing a lot lately with variety of different dishes with those base. I'm usually a very simple meat and potatoes kind of guy but I can cook pretty much anything. My mom's motto in the kitchen has always been "if you can read, you can cook" and that's always proven true in my case because with a recipe or a cook book, I'm god damned Bobby Flay. Cool

Yeah, I need to learn. Maybe I should get a cook book, I've never tried that way. But it has to be something quick too, I don't think I have the patience to make something that takes 45 mins or more.

WyldeMan wrote:Holy fuck man, Canadian cops are not chill! Poor girl, those pigs fucked up her Star Wars Day and her face! Evil or Very Mad

Fucking idiots! After seeing that the weapon was fake, they should have let her go. Telling her to get on her knees when she's telling them she can't because of her costume, making her bleed.......I mean, where is the common sense?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/7/2020, 1:57 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, I need to learn. Maybe I should get a cook book, I've never tried that way. But it has to be something quick too, I don't think I have the patience to make something that takes 45 mins or more.

Cooking has always been easy for me. My mom taught me as a kid so I've always been able to feed myself and others. My father, can barely operate a microwave so she didn't want me to end up like him, lol.

For some reason, it's a point of pride with men and women today to brag about not being able to do the most basic of things for yourself or your family and I've never understood that lazy mentality but it's everywhere. Basic skills like cooking and cleaning don't require much brain power as even I can do them both.

I've noticed one constant plot point on tv shows are people who "accidentally" overcook whatever is in the oven and ruin the food before everybody laughs and gets some nice MSG loaded take out. I've never understood this as every oven I've ever used has had a timer which clearly lets you know when your food is done cooking, so because I can also use a clock as well as read, I'm a decent cook.

I'm telling you Abe, women love a guy that can cook. I'm not telling you to bake muffins or so candy ass shit but if you can fill her up with a good meal, she'll pretty much let you fill her up with anything else you want to. Cool

UltimateMarvel wrote:Fucking idiots! After seeing that the weapon was fake, they should have let her go. Telling her to get on her knees when she's telling them she can't because of her costume, making her bleed.......I mean, where is the common sense?

Cops are nothing but criminals with badges who get off the abuse of their power. They're all the same and that is why I don't even recognize them as people.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/7/2020, 2:10 pm

HIMYM Vet Cobie Smulders Revives Robin Sparkles Persona, Performs Quarantine-Themed Cover of 'Let's Go to the Mall'
Cobie Smulders is taking us back to the (figurative) mall, quarantine-style.

The actress on Thursday resurrected Robin Sparkles — the Canadian ’80s pop alter ego of her How I Met Your Mother character Robin Scherbatsky — to perform a special self isolation-themed remake of “Let’s Go to the Mall” titled “Let’s All Stay at Home.”

“I hope it takes your mind off some things — it certainly did for me,” Smulders said of the ditty, the lyrics of which were penned by HIMYM creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, with a new orchestration by Brian Kim. “Brian… helped compose this song originally. He wrote this new piano version and then rewrote it when it was too challenging for me…. It was a wonderful journey down memory lane.”

Smulders reprised the camp-tastic role to draw attention (and raise funds for) a number of coronavirus-related charities, such as Save the Children and Canada Helps.

In Season 2 of HIMYM, Robin’s secret pop star past was exposed when Barney procured a bootleg copy of the video for her first song, “Let’s Go to the Mall.” Her deep-seated Sparkles shame became a running gag on the show, with future seasons offering new, often embarrassing glimpses into her clandestine music career.

The Sparkles revival comes roughly six years after HIMYM wrapped its nine-season run on CBS. Smulders returned to the small screen last fall in the ABC’s Stumptown, which has yet to be renewed for a second season.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/7/2020, 6:13 pm

Joey, are you still invested in the market or did you pull out all your money in a panic like most people? I'm seeing some real nice opportunities around the board right now, tech is starting to look good again, also some medical plays.

I'm making a COVID vaccine play with Moderna Inc (MRNA) which is headed for stage 2 and is the only other company outside of a Chinese company called CanSino Biological. I bought 250 MRNA shares last week at $46 and today it closed at $53, which is a nice initial gain. I'll be curious to see if this one has legs or if It'll just crater and I take an $11k bath but that is half the fun of the game right? Cramer was talking up the stock today getting stage 2 approval by the FDA on MSNBC so I might see a nice bounce for the next few days based on his spec. Cool

Roku continues to be a huge earner for me and might be the best play of my investing life so far. Until this, Ford way back in 2009 was my biggest winner with a $20k profit but my gods, Roku is the gift that has kept giving for me. You might remember when I bought 2500 shares at IPO in the $25 range and I also mentioned before about how I had slowly scaled back my holdings to claim the profits along the way for other investing opportunities but I did end up keeping 500 shares and the stock is now over $130. Cool Cool

If we didn't have a total fucking whack job for a president I'd be willing to make bigger and riskier plays again but I do also have sense so I'm not trying to lose everything and go back to working for someone else.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/7/2020, 8:16 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Cooking has always been easy for me. My mom taught me as a kid so I've always been able to feed myself and others. My father, can barely operate a microwave so she didn't want me to end up like him, lol.

For some reason, it's a point of pride with men and women today to brag about not being able to do the most basic of things for yourself or your family and I've never understood that lazy mentality but it's everywhere. Basic skills like cooking and cleaning don't require much brain power as even I can do them both.

I've noticed one constant plot point on tv shows are people who "accidentally" overcook whatever is in the oven and ruin the food before everybody laughs and gets some nice MSG loaded take out. I've never understood this as every oven I've ever used has had a timer which clearly lets you know when your food is done cooking, so because I can also use a clock as well as read, I'm a decent cook.

I'm telling you Abe, women love a guy that can cook. I'm not telling you to bake muffins or so candy ass shit but if you can fill her up with a good meal, she'll pretty much let you fill her up with anything else you want to. Cool

I believe it! It's hard to find a woman who can cook let alone a man who knows his way around the kitchen. You've inspired me Wylde! I'm gonna go find me a cook book.

You actually make food that tastes good though? You're not just slapping things together and calling it a meal? lol How do people review your food?

WyldeMan wrote:Cops are nothing but criminals with badges who get off the abuse of their power. They're all the same and that is why I don't even recognize them as people.

I'd like to believe it's just a few bad apples.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/8/2020, 8:27 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I believe it! It's hard to find a woman who can cook let alone a man who knows his way around the kitchen. You've inspired me Wylde! I'm gonna go find me a cook book.

You actually make food that tastes good though? You're not just slapping things together and calling it a meal? lol How do people review your food?

These days you wouldn't even need a cookbook as long as you find a good youtube channel. If you're a more visual learner just watch some people cook and you'll pick it up quickly as long as you can figure out how to cut and heat food. But if you lack these most basic of skills, just blame your parents.

My mom taught me cooking, cleaning and chivalry while my father taught me football, cars, 70s rock and guns, my grandma taught me to read way above my grade level and grandpa taught me about classic country music, 50's rock and woodworking. I got a well rounded education as a child. Cool 

Well I've never had anyone refuse to eat my cooking, I've been told it's fantastic many times and I've never made anyone sick with my cooking. Also one or two ladies have referred to my food as "orgasmic" so those metrics feel like a fair way to gauge my abilities.

UltimateMarvel wrote:I'd like to believe it's just a few bad apples.

Rotten from the core, the good ones only exist on scripted tv screens.

Just last week I was talkin about how much I enjoy Pete's SNL work and now the trailer drops for his starring role in the next Apatow movie?!?! Oh damn!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/8/2020, 12:42 pm

WyldeMan wrote:These days you wouldn't even need a cookbook as long as you find a good youtube channel. If you're a more visual learner just watch some people cook and you'll pick it up quickly as long as you can figure out how to cut and heat food. But if you lack these most basic of skills, just blame your parents.

My mom taught me cooking, cleaning and chivalry while my father taught me football, cars, 70s rock and guns, my grandma taught me to read way above my grade level and grandpa taught me about classic country music, 50's rock and woodworking. I got a well rounded education as a child. Cool 

I blame myself. My younger brother cooks better than I do. Growing up my dad worked a lot and my mom stayed home to raise us and she basically handled all the cooking along with my sister.

WyldeMan wrote:Well I've never had anyone refuse to eat my cooking, I've been told it's fantastic many times and I've never made anyone sick with my cooking. Also one or two ladies have referred to my food as "orgasmic" so those metrics feel like a fair way to gauge my abilities.

That's of the highest compliment!  Cool

WyldeMan wrote:Just last week I was talkin about how much I enjoy Pete's SNL work and now the trailer drops for his starring role in the next Apatow movie?!?! Oh damn!

I've seen the trailer before. I might check the movie out, it looks funny.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/8/2020, 1:53 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I blame myself. My younger brother cooks better than I do. Growing up my dad worked a lot and my mom stayed home to raise us and she basically handled all the cooking along with my sister.

My older sister is a horrible cook and I refuse to eat anything she makes, she takes after our father. My grandpa taught my mom to cook and she passed it on to her competent child. 

UltimateMarvel wrote:That's of the highest compliment!  Cool

The female orgasm is all about letting the man know what he's doing right.  Razz  Razz

UltimateMarvel wrote:I've seen the trailer before. I might check the movie out, it looks funny.

That trailer debuted yesterday, how have you seen it before?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/8/2020, 5:46 pm

I go food shopping once every two weeks and cook most of my own meals. I'll eat out once or twice a week or so. No big deal.

I'm craving sushi big time. As soon as this shit is over my buddies and I are going to sushi buffet somewhere and go ape.

In fact, I just watched a youtube video earlier and a guy was talking about a cookbook he has from 1808 and the lady who wrote it had a recipe for baked onions. LOL yes, baked onions. The instructions just say to bake the onion with its skin on and can be eaten with butter and salt.

So I try it. Treated it like a baked potato of its size. 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Smells freakin' divine. Got my butter and salt ready. Just waiting for it to cooldown. omg my house is filled with the aroma of an onion. woo woooooo gonna open a window.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/8/2020, 6:11 pm

joey con carne wrote:I go food shopping once every two weeks and cook most of my own meals. I'll eat out once or twice a week or so. No big deal.

I'm craving sushi big time. As soon as this shit is over my buddies and I are going to sushi buffet somewhere and go ape.

In fact, I just watched a youtube video earlier and a guy was talking about a cookbook he has from 1808 and the lady who wrote it had a recipe for baked onions. LOL yes, baked onions. The instructions just say to bake the onion with its skin on and can be eaten with butter and salt.

So I try it. Treated it like a baked potato of its size. 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Smells freakin' divine. Got my butter and salt ready. Just waiting for it to cooldown. omg my house is filled with the aroma of an onion. woo woooooo gonna open a window.

I have never and will never eat raw fish as I'm a man and not a bear, damn you city folk. You won't find country folk not cooking the fish they catch.... Evil or Very Mad 

Old cook books are a fantastic source and sometimes those handed down family recipes can be gold.

I'll take a baked potato over an onion 10 out of 10 times. LOL.

I'm not one for baking or sweets but my grandmother worked at See's Candies back in the 50's and memorized their original recipe from making it so many times and that has been made by the women in my family every Christmas for the last 65+ years.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/8/2020, 6:34 pm

I just ate the baked onion and I will say this: try it. I am pleasantly surprised. I added a little butter and some fancy salt and it serves as a nice side dish.

No kidding, man. Next time you grill a steak, toss in a whole onion. Don't even peel it. Just let that bastard cook in its skin. Then you can just squeeze it out and you got a soft and sweet onion. I used a yellow onion.

I had the same thought as you but wow, I can do this again. Maybe with a baked potato as well.

Now, being a hipster cityslicker, I'm going to go make myself a half-calf decaf latte frappe macchiato with the foam on the bottom.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/8/2020, 6:37 pm

joey con carne wrote:I just ate the baked onion and I will say this: try it. I am pleasantly surprised. I added a little butter and some fancy salt and it serves as a nice side dish.

No kidding, man. Next time you grill a steak, toss in a whole onion. Don't even peel it. Just let that bastard cook in its skin. Then you can just squeeze it out and you got a soft and sweet onion. I used a yellow onion.

I had the same thought as you but wow, I can do this again. Maybe with a baked potato as well.

I've cooked with onions plenty. I'm just not a fan but will use it when necessary like for other people who like them but eating an onion on its own, that just upsets me in the same way as people who make abomination pizzas by adding Pineapple or eat raw fish. I am offended by so many things people do with food...

In other news, Roy from Siegfried and Roy has died from COVID. FYI, Roy was the one that got mauled by a tiger back in the early 00's and it ended his career cause that big cat fuuuuuuucked him up. Cool

Last edited by WyldeMan on 5/8/2020, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/8/2020, 6:41 pm

Okay. I got you.

Topping off my peasant's meal with an even sadder bowl of instant noodles. Neoguri Kimchee flavored instant noodle.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/8/2020, 6:45 pm

WyldeMan wrote:That trailer debuted yesterday, how have you seen it before?

Time travel....DUH! No, I thought that was Big Time Adolescence but this actually looks funnier than that one. Definitely checking it out.

"Time is passing by very quickly."
"Why do you think I smoke weed all the time? So I can slow it down."  Laughing

joey con carne wrote:I go food shopping once every two weeks and cook most of my own meals. I'll eat out once or twice a week or so. No big deal.

Yeah, I'm the same. I don't eat out every day but 3 to 4 times for dinner and no more than that. If I was obese I would stop but I'm blessed with fast metabolism so I'm in shape with a lean body. I'm trying to bulk up now though.

joey con carne wrote:In fact, I just watched a youtube video earlier and a guy was talking about a cookbook he has from 1808 and the lady who wrote it had a recipe for baked onions. LOL yes, baked onions. The instructions just say to bake the onion with its skin on and can be eaten with butter and salt.

Nice! Made food and exorcised any ghosts there may have been in your home. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next