BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

1 - Random Thoughts - Page 13 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/21/2020, 11:45 am

joey con carne wrote:Just got an email from VUDU saying they are being acquired by Fandango. I didn't realize Fandango was still a thing.

Edit: LOL I just got the email and posted without reading all the comments. My back.

I use Fandango to get my movie tickets. They always offer stuff after booking tickets like free digital comics or posters and stuff like that. Maybe now they'll give away free codes to movies on VUDU.

WyldeMan wrote:We'll see how much longer Fandango stays open once all those dip shit movie theater owners expose their customers to the virus by re-opening way too god damned early next week and the infection rate skyrockets again until they shut shit back down again.

If anything they shouldn't even bother reopening indoor movie theaters when we could return to the glory days of the local drive-in. Cool

The world's largest meat manufacturing plant just closed down indefinitely and here we are reopening restaurants, move theaters and barber shops because public safety during a pandemic now amounts to tyranny to millions of uneducated, stupid fucking Americans who need to feel like their ignorant opinions are being heard worldwide as they protest in every city across this country to reopen businesses in the midst of a pandemic with no end or basic treatment even in sight.

We're headed for Spanish Flu like death levels in the tens of millions now because people are too ignorant for public safety.

Are you all doing good out there, your families still safe?

They shouldn't be opening things like barber shops or restaurants until there is a vaccine but that said I can understand where people are coming from, a lot of people are out of jobs man. I think something's gotta give one way or another.

Family is still safe here. Actually nobody I know has gotten infected so far or is at least showing symptoms.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/21/2020, 12:23 pm

Every day for me is like Groundhog Day. I am working from home and every day I sit at the same spot at my dining table from 8am to 5:30pm. It really sucks. The only human interaction I have is my family and one of my friends who comes over Monday, Wednesday and Friday to exercise in my "home gym" which consists of two 70lb PowerBlocks and an IronMaster Super Bench.

As miserable as I am, I know how fortunate I am. I am not stuck worrying about where my next paycheck is coming from or if I have enough money left over for rent. My mortgage is being paid, I have a roof over my head, bills are paid, and most of all, I am healthy. Today, I spent $42 at Shake Shack (burger joint) here for lunch for my family. Meanwhile, lots of people out there are out of a job, no paycheck coming in, and need to pay bills and buy food.

It's pretty rough out there, right now. I feel terrible for all the families out there who got hit hard with this shutdown.

Okay, with all that being said, I have to ask for some advice: Amarzon currently has a bunch of digital movies for sale for five bucks. The ones which caught my eye are:

The Big Lebowski
Beavis and Butt-Head Do America
Office Space
Dude, Where's My Car?
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Dazed and Confused

What say you all? Worth the $5 each for digital copies on Amarzon?

Although, I just found The Big Lebowski on Apple TV in 4K for $5.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/21/2020, 4:04 pm

joey con carne wrote:Okay, with all that being said, I have to ask for some advice: Amarzon currently has a bunch of digital movies for sale for five bucks. The ones which caught my eye are:

The Big Lebowski
Beavis and Butt-Head Do America
Office Space
Dude, Where's My Car?
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Dazed and Confused

What say you all? Worth the $5 each for digital copies on Amarzon?

Although, I just found The Big Lebowski on Apple TV in 4K for $5.

Did you know that in Big Lebowski, John Goodman's character actually says the line "Dude, where's your car?" and thus another brilliant stoner movie was created from that sentence. The only movie on your little list I don't care for is Beavis and Butthead but I haven't even seen that movie since it came out, nearly all the others are pretty much on my annual rewatch list, especially Lebowski, Ridgemont, Dazed and Office Space. Those are some solid comedic choices IMO.

Also, Ridgemont and Dazed are currently in my Hulu queue thanks to my Starz add-on as well as Risky Business and Career Opportunities. Cool

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/22/2020, 8:27 am

So according to conspiracy theorists, Bill Gates and Dr Fauci helped create the Coronavirus in a Wuhan lab.

I prefer my theory that they were just simply trying to make their own real version of Man Bat and the experiment went horribly wrong when it escaped the lab. Elon Musk and Space X were interested in Man Bat physiology and it's possible survivability and applications on Mars.

1 - Random Thoughts - Page 13 Ewmr8910

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/22/2020, 9:25 am

Bill Gates has helped a lot of people. He has saved many people. It only makes sense he has created the coronar. There must be balance.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/22/2020, 9:31 am

joey con carne wrote:Bill Gates has helped a lot of people. He has saved many people. It only makes sense he has created the coronar. There must be balance.

It's like I say, altruism is always a sign of sociopathy. People only do nice things for others to hide/assuage their own guilt.

It's why I'm positive that Jon Cena is actually responsible for the virus or at least tens of thousands of murders. You say his being the world record holder for Make-A-Wish's granted makes him a genuinely nice guy and and I maintain that Cena is a mass murderer and is likely the most evil wrestler to have ever lived.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/22/2020, 12:09 pm

WyldeMan wrote:So according to conspiracy theorists, Bill Gates and Dr Fauci helped create the Coronavirus in a Wuhan lab.

I'm so tired of the conspiracy theories regarding this virus. Adds nothing to the problem we face.

WyldeMan wrote:I prefer my theory that they were just simply trying to make their own real version of Man Bat and the experiment went horribly wrong when it escaped the lab. Elon Musk and Space X were interested in Man Bat physiology and it's possible survivability and applications on Mars.

This reminds me of a movie I saw last year called The Titan on Netflix.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/22/2020, 5:31 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:So according to conspiracy theorists, Bill Gates and Dr Fauci helped create the Coronavirus in a Wuhan lab.

I'm so tired of the conspiracy theories regarding this virus. Adds nothing to the problem we face.

Here's a brief video that might give insight as to why they're happening.

And this one is just fun.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/22/2020, 7:14 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Here's a brief video that might give insight as to why they're happening.

That makes sense to me.

The state Governor announced Monday that all public schools are closed for the rest of the year. Which is a bummer for my little brother because he's a senior and he most likely won't get a graduation ceremony, he was looking forward to it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/23/2020, 6:59 am

I don't blame the protesters. This shutdown cannot happen for much longer. This is having a catastrophic effect on the economy right now. Not to mention a lot of people are out of work. I think the last reported number was 22 million people were out of work.

There's families out there who have zero income, rent due, and do not have food. Food pantries in NYC are buckling under the demand with lines forming for blocks at a time.

I will not be surprised if people will say "fuck it" and just start working and ignoring any orders.

The downside to that is what happened in Singapore, China, South Korea etc will start happening here. Those three I mentioned re-opened for business and they started discovering clusters of infections all over the cities. They started shutting down again. But, again, I will not be surprised if people start defying orders and re-opening businesses again soon.

This shutdown is crazy. Oil futures were trading negative, no cars are being sold, everything is fucked.

Also, did you guys read about the the Small Business Association (SBA) grants debacle. So the SBA was giving out grants and loans to small businesses to help out during this time. I applied for this for my mom in an effort to help alleviate some of this shutdown. $10,000 grant was what I applied for. It turns out, Ruth's Chris, Potbelly, and Shake Shack all found a loophole in the system and got massive grants and loans from the SBA's Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Under the PPP, the government will forgive the loans if the money is used on payroll, rent, or utilities — and workers aren't laid off. Ruth's Chris got 20 million, Potbelly and Shake Shack both got $10 million each. After much outrage, Shake Shack has apologized and stated they will return the money. Ruth's Chris said fuck off and they are keeping it. Last year, Ruth's Chris made 468 million in sales and the CEO took home a sweet six million dollar bonus in 2018, according to articles online.

I ate at Ruth's Chris once. Fuck them. Shake Shack tried to be sneaky but at least they are paying it back. I just ate some burgers from them on Tuesday. Good shit.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/23/2020, 8:17 am

joey con carne wrote:I don't blame the protesters. This shutdown cannot happen for much longer. This is having a catastrophic effect on the economy right now. Not to mention a lot of people are out of work. I think the last reported number was 22 million people were out of work.

There's families out there who have zero income, rent due, and do not have food. Food pantries in NYC are buckling under the demand with lines forming for blocks at a time.

I will not be surprised if people will say "fuck it" and just start working and ignoring any orders.

The downside to that is what happened in Singapore, China, South Korea etc will start happening here. Those three I mentioned re-opened for business and they started discovering clusters of infections all over the cities. They started shutting down again. But, again, I will not be surprised if people start defying orders and re-opening businesses again soon.

This shutdown is crazy. Oil futures were trading negative, no cars are being sold, everything is fucked.

Also, did you guys read about the the Small Business Association (SBA) grants debacle. So the SBA was giving out grants and loans to small businesses to help out during this time. I applied for this for my mom in an effort to help alleviate some of this shutdown. $10,000 grant was what I applied for. It turns out, Ruth's Chris, Potbelly, and Shake Shack all found a loophole in the system and got massive grants and loans from the SBA's Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Under the PPP, the government will forgive the loans if the money is used on payroll, rent, or utilities — and workers aren't laid off. Ruth's Chris got 20 million, Potbelly and Shake Shack both got $10 million each. After much outrage, Shake Shack has apologized and stated they will return the money. Ruth's Chris said fuck off and they are keeping it. Last year, Ruth's Chris made 468 million in sales and the CEO took home a sweet six million dollar bonus in 2018, according to articles online.

I ate at Ruth's Chris once. Fuck them. Shake Shack tried to be sneaky but at least they are paying it back. I just ate some burgers from them on Tuesday. Good shit.

But you can't work if you're dead and it's probably not a good idea to protest working for your family if you're going to pick up a virus at one of these protests that then kills your family. It's a catch-22 but people wouldn't be losing their minds to get back to work if we had a government that took care of its people instead of just exploiting tragedies for blood money.

Our government is systematically corrupt from the top down and it's primarily because of sleazebag lawyers exploiting and creating loopholes that allow the other snakes in suits to exploit the same loopholes, it's cyclical corruption.

The Stimulus packages are being exploited by banks, creditors and landlords and meanwhile the SBA is forking over cash to multi-millionaires and CEO's because of loopholes. It's all just more shit that reminds us that if you're not part of the 1% then you are less than shit to the people in charge.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/23/2020, 8:48 am

Australia’s ‘Neighbours’ Sets Safety Protocols As It Resumes Production;
First Show Back Could Be Road Map For Others
1 - Random Thoughts - Page 13 Shutte12
As Hollywood begins mounting an industrywide effort to create protocols for films and TV shows to safely return to production, there will be a test case to draw upon.

Australia’s long-running soap Neighbours will resume filming next week after a monthlong production shutdown because of the coronavirus pandemic. It is believed to be the first suspended TV drama in the English-speaking world to restart production.

Here are the safety guidelines that are being put into place by Neighbours‘ production company Fremantle Australia, which, in success, could be a road map for other shows and for reopening Hollywood.

— The studio space has been divided into quadrants, with three production teams isolated from each other and only three actors allowed to cross between the groups. “There will be no more than 100 people a day in any area, we’ll implement the four-square-metre rule and the one-and-a-half-metre social distancing rule,” Fremantle Australia boss Chris Oliver-Taylor told Australia’s ABC. Because of that setup, if someone gets sick, only the group whose member is affected will be suspended and the shoot can continue with the other two groups.

— There will be a nurse on set, and everyone entering the site will have their temperatures checked;
— Male actors will have no make-up, female actors will not be touched up;
— There will be no physical contact between actors including kissing, holding hands or intimate scenes;
—  Actors will also practice social distancing, with camera trickery used to make them look closer together;
— There will be be no outside extras, with crew members already on set doubling as background performers.

Hollywood is currently in its sixth week of production shutdown.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/23/2020, 8:53 am

Where Lions and Tigers and Bears meet Friends and Heroes and Princes. HBO Max. Where HBO meets so much more. Start Streaming May 27.

DAAAAAMN!!! Trebek's just like "they can't fire me, I'm dying" so he's just going straight savage on these brainiacs! Razz Razz Razz 

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/23/2020, 10:12 am

Dang, $15 a month. Does HBO Max replace HBO GO or whatever? They have like 12 HBO channels or what not. I can't keep up with it all.

What streaming services do you all use now? How much are you paying? I have the following:

Netflix: paid for by T-Mobile
Hulu: shared by friend with whom I give access to my Netflix
Amarzon Prime: $13 a month
Disney Plus: shared by same Hulu friend and I will be signing up for a free year with my Verizon account

With these four services, I have way too much to watch and not enough time. I don't want to pay another $15 a month for HBO.

Although, I am thinking about signing up for YouTube TV. I miss live TV and I want Smithsonian Channel. I can always subscribe to Smithsonian for $5 a month but it's not the same as live TV.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/23/2020, 12:15 pm

WyldeMan wrote:DAAAAAMN!!! Trebek's just like "they can't fire me, I'm dying" so he's just going straight savage on these brainiacs! Razz Razz Razz 

LOL That was funny! What do you mean dying, is he sick?

joey con carne wrote:Dang, $15 a month. Does HBO Max replace HBO GO or whatever? They have like 12 HBO channels or what not. I can't keep up with it all.

What streaming services do you all use now? How much are you paying? I have the following:

Disney Plus: shared by same Hulu friend and I will be signing up for a free year with my Verizon account

With these four services, I have way too much to watch and not enough time. I don't want to pay another $15 a month for HBO.

Although, I am thinking about signing up for YouTube TV. I miss live TV and I want Smithsonian Channel. I can always subscribe to Smithsonian for $5 a month but it's not the same as live TV.

I believe HBO Max will have everything HBO.

I don't have any streaming services right now.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/23/2020, 3:20 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:LOL That was funny! What do you mean dying, is he sick?

I was kidding in regards to the clip because it's that's actually a clip from several years ago back before Trebek knew anything was wrong. I've posted here a few times about his health before but Trebek has stage four pancreatic cancer.

Also the clip ended before Trebek's followup line to the loser comment which was something like "I'm teasing" and that woman ended up taking home around $70k so he wasn't just being a dick to some poor woman without friends who lost.  Razz

UltimateMarvel wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Dang, $15 a month. Does HBO Max replace HBO GO or whatever? They have like 12 HBO channels or what not. I can't keep up with it all.

I believe HBO Max will have everything HBO.

I don't have any streaming services right now.

I have Hulu, Prime and Disney Plus but I'll likely just cancel Prime and Hulu for awhile and check out HBO Max cause it's got so many more damn titles. I don't even watch Disney but it's for my niece so I can't cancel.

If you want to see the Smithsonian just watch Bones on Hulu for free, every episode is already set there. Razz

Here's a bit more info about the many titles available at launch for HBO Max and I just don't see how it doesn't render HBO Go pretty much obsolete right from Jump Street.

HBO Max will include 10,000 hours of premium content at launch. The library includes the entire HBO service, titles past and present from Warner Bros., top content from around the world, and a monthly offering of new Max Originals.

The streaming service pulls from WarnerMedia’s deep content library, including films and TV from Warner Bros.’ 100-year content collection, New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, a curated selection of classic films in partnership with TCM, and more. HBO Max will also offer an extensive selection of third-party acquired series and movies.

HBO Max launches on May 27, 2020, and will cost $15 a month, which makes it more expensive than other streaming packages. Netflix’s most popular package costs $13, a Hulu subscription is $6 (or $12 if you want to skip commercials), and Disney+ will set you back just $7 a month or $70 annually. However, given the amount of extra content HBO Max provides and the fact that HBO currently costs about $15 through cable providers or HBO Now, the higher price seems warranted.

At launch, HBO Max will be free for AT&T customers who are already subscribed to HBO. AT&T customers with some newer unlimited plans will also gain free access to HBO Max, which will be available on most streaming platforms, including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, and even YouTube TV.

WarnerMedia’s extensive portfolio of programming and acquisitions that are available on day one include the complete libraries of Friends, The Big Bang Theory, Rick and Morty, The Boondocks, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, and many more popular shows. With the first year of launch, the platform will add the libraries of South Park, Gossip Girl, The West Wing, and more classic shows.

Furthermore, if you’re among the legions of fans who enjoy Doctor Who via streaming services, HBO Max is going to be a must-have. At launch, HBO Max will become the exclusive online home for the puckish Time Lord, with all 11 seasons of the modern Doctor Who series available. Future seasons of the show will also stream exclusively on HBO Max, arriving on the service sometime after they’ve made their debut on BBC America.

The full slate of HBO’s original series — including Westworld, Watchmen, Veep, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Larry Sanders Show, and upcoming projects from J.J. Abrams and Joss Whedon, to name a few — are also expected to be available in some form on HBO Max.

Beyond series and specials, HBO Max will also feature a library of more than 2,000 feature films within the first year. Immediately at launch, audiences will have access to 700 blockbusters films via HBO, including Crazy Rich Asians, A Star Is Born, Aquaman, and Joker, as well as films acquired specifically for HBO Max via Warner Bros., the Criterion Collection, and the acclaimed Studio Ghibli. Just days after a Studio Ghibli representative told reporters that the Japanese studio’s films would never come to streaming services, WarnerMedia announced that all 21 of Studio Ghibli’s animated features would stream exclusively on HBO Max. That lineup includes family-friendly favorite My Neighbor Totoro, the Oscar-winning Spirited Away, and The Wind Rises. Twenty of these films will be available on HBO Max at launch.

The WarnerMedia portfolio also gives HBO Max the ability to curate their film offerings from 100 years of filmmaking. At launch, available films will include Casablanca, The Wizard of Oz, Citizen Kane, The Matrix, The Goonies, When Harry Met Sally, The Lord of the Rings, Gremlins, all of the Lego movies, and every DC film from the last decade, including Wonder Woman, Justice League, and every Batman and Superman movie from the last 40 years.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/23/2020, 7:28 pm

Trump now suggests you get as much sun as possible because it kills COVID-19 and he also suggesting injecting disinfectants such as Clorox because it might be effective and will kill the virus in one minute flat. He also wants you to clean your lungs by huffing Lysol if you can't bring yourself to inject the bleach but you definitely need to disinfect yourself from the inside with at least one lethal chemical at a minimum.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/24/2020, 8:05 am

Parks and Rec Cast to Reunite (!) for Scripted Fundraiser Special at NBC
1 - Random Thoughts - Page 13 Parks-11
Our Pawnee pals are back… and for a good cause.

The cast of Parks and Recreation will reunite for a one-off scripted special to raise money for food banks during the coronavirus crisis, TVLine has learned. The half-hour special, titled A Parks and Recreation Special, will air Thursday, April 30 at 8:30/7:30c on NBC, and will feature the full Parks and Rec cast reprising their roles, including Amy Poehler, Nick Offerman, Rashida Jones, Aziz Ansari, Adam Scott, Rob Lowe, Chris Pratt, Aubrey Plaza, Retta and Jim O’Heir. (“Several guest stars from the Pawnee universe” may appear as well, per the network.)

The scripted special’s story is ripped directly from today’s pandemic-heavy headlines: “Pawnee’s most dedicated civil servant, Leslie Knope, is determined to stay connected to her friends in a time of social distancing.” (Yep, we could’ve guessed that Leslie would be the one to organize a massive Zoom group chat. But who’s bringing the waffles?)

“Like a lot of other people, we were looking for ways to help and felt that bringing these characters back for a night could raise some money,” executive producer Michael Schur said in a statement. “I sent a hopeful email to the cast, and they all got back to me within 45 minutes. Our old Parks and Rec team has put together one more 30-minute slice of (quarantined) Pawnee life, and we hope everyone enjoys it. And donates!”

The money raised will go to Feeding America’s COVID-19 Response Fund, which enables food banks to provide food and resources to “the most vulnerable members of the community during this difficult time.” NBCUniversal, the Parks and Rec cast and sponsors State Farm and Subaru of America will match donations up to $500,000 as well. Watch a promo for the special right here:

Leslie Knope wants to let you in on a secret… On April 30, #ParksAndRec is returning to NBC for “A Parks and Recreation Special”. Our workplace proximity associates, along with our neighbors at @StateFarm, are raising money for @FeedingAmerica. Join us! https://t.co/YuyWBTYmrH pic.twitter.com/ZId6Lq3rkJ
— Parks and Recreation (@parksandrecnbc) April 23, 2020

Parks and Recreation wrapped up a seven-season run on NBC in 2015, earning a pair of Emmy nominations for Outstanding Comedy Series, with Poehler winning a Golden Globe for her performance as Leslie Knope in 2014.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/24/2020, 12:50 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Trump now suggests you get as much sun as possible because it kills COVID-19 and he also suggesting injecting disinfectants such as Clorox because it might be effective and will kill the virus in one minute flat. He also wants you to clean your lungs by huffing Lysol if you can't bring yourself to inject the bleach but you definitely need to disinfect yourself from the inside with at least one lethal chemical at a minimum.

I saw that press coverage, I gotta say it's very entertaining to watch. lol Whoever follows what he said to heart and ends up in the hospital is an idiot.

The head of science and technology of DHS showed those statistics of how fast the virus is killed in high humidity in Spring and Summer and those numbers are impressive but I'm hesitant to believe it. They're still researching and testing about it so I would give it time to be 100% certain.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/24/2020, 1:29 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Trump now suggests you get as much sun as possible because it kills COVID-19 and he also suggesting injecting disinfectants such as Clorox because it might be effective and will kill the virus in one minute flat. He also wants you to clean your lungs by huffing Lysol if you can't bring yourself to inject the bleach but you definitely need to disinfect yourself from the inside with at least one lethal chemical at a minimum.

I saw that press coverage, I gotta say it's very entertaining to watch. lol Whoever follows what he said to heart and ends up in the hospital is an idiot.

The head of science and technology of DHS showed those statistics of how fast the virus is killed in high humidity in Spring and Summer and those numbers are impressive but I'm hesitant to believe it. They're still researching and testing about it so I would give it time to be 100% certain.

I wouldn't mind if Trump voters suddenly died off by the thousands due to intentional bleach ingestion because I truly believe they are just that fucking stupid. Mindless god damned lemmings would would jump from bridges, cliffs and rooftops if they heard their incompetent fuhrer tell them that attempting flight would cleanse their lungs and kill the virus forever.

Most experts fully expect an infection slowdown as we head to warmer months but then predict another explosion in infections once we get into the fall months because that's how it went with the Spanish Flu.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/24/2020, 6:57 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Most experts fully expect an infection slowdown as we head to warmer months but then predict another explosion in infections once we get into the fall months because that's how it went with the Spanish Flu.

I've heard that too and this is what I'm afraid of. If that happens then we're really fucked.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/24/2020, 7:12 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Most experts fully expect an infection slowdown as we head to warmer months but then predict another explosion in infections once we get into the fall months because that's how it went with the Spanish Flu.

I've heard that too and this is what I'm afraid of. If that happens then we're really fucked.

50 million people died 100 years ago from Spanish Flu and our politicians learned absolutely nothing from it and did absolutely nothing to prepare for something that was inevitable. Over 50k are now dead from COVID-19 and I have seen nothing from our government to make me feel like this is even remotely close to be handled. I haven't see anything but ego and politics and nothing about how to handle the logistics or how they plan to take care of taxpayers other than stimulus packages that never make it into the hands of anyone who isn't a millionaire or billionaire. It's all misinformation and out right lies from the top down. We are on our own and things are going to be getting so much worse.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/25/2020, 10:52 am

Georgia reopened its gyms, hair salons and tattoo parlors on Friday, with movie theaters and dine-in restaurants set to follow on Monday.

Meanwhile 40k Californians headed to Newport Beach Friday and possibly larger crowds may be anticipated for the weekend as temperatures remain in the 90's.

In other news, I'm disappointed that nobody has pointed out my filthy signature and it's been several days. When have any of you been able simultaneously watching three shows that coincidentally add up to an amazing porn title? Cause I believe this might be the first one. Two of the three shows are even set in Southern Florida. Razz

I saw Al Pacino trending on twitter with over 50k mentions and my heart nearly sank, I thought the internets was about to tell me one of the GOATs had passed, turns out Pacino's fine but it is his 80th birthday today. Cool

Over 70k are also tweeting #KimJongUndead because the world isn't sure if Kim Jong Un is alive or dead. It's either #Kim Jong Un Dead or #Kim Jong Undead. It looks like we have a real Schrodinger cat situation here. Either that or the hashtag is confirming he's now a zombie, I'm not entirely sure and neither is anyone else.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/25/2020, 1:06 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Georgia reopened its gyms, hair salons and tattoo parlors on Friday, with movie theaters and dine-in restaurants set to follow on Monday.

Meanwhile 40k Californians headed to Newport Beach Friday and possibly larger crowds may be anticipated for the weekend as temperatures remain in the 90's.

We're finally getting into the 70's here today and hopefully it stays consistent from here on out. But I guess UV rays killing the virus is giving everyone the confidence to go out there again.

WyldeMan wrote:In other news, I'm disappointed that nobody has pointed out my filthy signature and it's been several days. When have any of you been able simultaneously watching three shows that coincidentally add up to an amazing porn title? Cause I believe this might be the first one. Two of the three shows are even set in Southern Florida. Razz

lol I'm only just noticing it.

WyldeMan wrote:I saw Al Pacino trending on twitter with over 50k mentions and my heart nearly sank, I thought the internets was about to tell me one of the GOATs had passed, turns out Pacino's fine but it is his 80th birthday today. Cool

Nice! I didn't know he was that old.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/25/2020, 4:45 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:lol I'm only just noticing it.

Nice! I didn't know he was that old.

Well at least it was noticed.  Cool

All the 70's and 80's movie legends are in their actual 70s and 80s now. Except for JCVD, I don't think he's 60 yet.

Unrelated news, The USS Roosevelt was the Navy ship that made the news last month when its captain was relieved of his command for trying to protect his sailors all of whom stood on deck cheering and saluting him as he left and now that ship has over 800 confirmed infected because they continued to ignore his warnings and fired him instead.... Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/25/2020, 7:19 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Unrelated news, The USS Roosevelt was the Navy ship that made the news last month when its captain was relieved of his command for trying to protect his sailors all of whom stood on deck cheering and saluting him as he left and now that ship has over 800 confirmed infected because they continued to ignore his warnings and fired him instead.... Evil or Very Mad

Damn! Sometimes protocols need to be ignored in situations like this. I think he deserves some recognition.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2020, 10:07 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/26/2020, 6:24 pm

That Pitt skit was the funniest one.

I'm not much of a runner but I ran a mile yesterday.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/27/2020, 8:21 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:That Pitt skit was the funniest one.

I'm not much of a runner but I ran a mile yesterday.

I've really been digging the videos Pete and his mom are making at home He's a funny fucker in any situation.

Sandler is clearly losing his mind, performing with tighty whiteys on his damned face. But it's nice to see his hot wife is still hot 20 years later.  Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/27/2020, 9:57 am

WyldeMan wrote:I've really been digging the videos Pete and his mom are making at home He's a funny fucker in any situation.

Sandler is clearly losing his mind, performing with tighty whiteys on his damned face. But it's nice to see his hot wife is still hot 20 years later.  Cool

Were those Sandler's real kids? If so, I feel sorry for them seeing their parents kiss like that but it was funny.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/27/2020, 10:05 am

Wait, is all that shit in Hulu right now?!
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/27/2020, 10:26 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I've really been digging the videos Pete and his mom are making at home He's a funny fucker in any situation.

Were those Sandler's real kids? If so, I feel sorry for them seeing their parents kiss like that but it was funny.

Yes, that was Sandler's family. What did you think he hired a family to spend quarantine with him? Sand Man's been married since he met his fine as fuck wife Jackie way back in Big Daddy where she played the hot waitress.

Tyger wrote:Wait, is all that shit in Hulu right now?!

Yup, SNL has getting uploaded to YouTube as the episode airs and then the full episode hits Hulu on Sunday just like always. It's kind of crazy, everybody is contributing from home and it's getting edited to play like a usual episode. They even still have musicians send in a performance.

They've still got Weekend Update and a new "What's Up With That" featuring Charles Barkley and DJ Khalid. 

Miley Cyrus performed a cover of Pink Floyd's legendary "Wish You Were Here" that somehow I did not hate. I'm fairly certain the last time I heard Miley was way back in her obnoxious Party in the USA days. Is she not terrible anymore? What the fuck is happening????

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/27/2020, 11:31 am

Watch The Goonies Cast Reunion Live with Host Josh Gad
One of the most iconic ensemble casts in adventure movies, the characters from 1985's The Goonies have reunited on actor Josh Gad's Youtube channel. And you can watch the cast reunion live, with video streaming from each of The Goonies homes.

The announcement was made via the social channels for Josh Gad with a video featuring The Goonies star Sean Astin who recited the classic "Troy's Bucket" monologue. Astin is joined by cast members Josh Brolin (Brand), Kerri Green (Andy), Corey Feldman (Mouth), Ke Huy Quan (Data), Martha Plimpton (Stef) and Jeff Cohen (Chunk).

The Goonies has ascended to the rarest heights of pop culture stardom right alongside movies like E.T. and Indiana Jones. Co-produced and directed by Richard Donner from a screenplay by Chris Columbus, its story follows a group of young friends who live in the "Goon Docks" neighborhood of Astoria, Oregon.

The adventure begins with their attempt to save their homes from foreclosure. While doing so, they discover an old treasure map that takes them on an adventure to unearth the long-lost fortune of One-Eyed Willy, a legendary 17th-century pirate. During the entire adventure, they are chased by a family of criminals who also want the treasure for themselves.

The movie, for which Steven Spielberg acted as executive producer, was praised for the performance of its lead cast, and the mix of adventure and sentiment that Spielberg is known for. While The Goonies was not a huge blockbuster upon release, over time it developed a cult following as viewers revisited the film on DVD and cable television.

The cast of the film has since gone on to have successful careers. Sean Astin transitioned to playing the lead in films like Rudy and becoming a part of another iconic adventure film series, The Lord of the Rings. The actor, along with the rest of the cast, has spoken fondly of his time spent filming The Goonies.

Meanwhile, Josh Brolin, who played the role of bullying older brother Brand Walsh, previously revealed that a major part of his career was spent hating the film and his role in it. But the actor has also stated that he has now come to love The Goonies and is grateful for the boost it provided to his career.

There have been more than a few demands to make a sequel to The Goonies, an idea that the cast also supports. However, considering it has been several decades since the original was released, it would be difficult to make another coming-of-age film featuring the original cast. Knowing Hollywood's penchant for recycling cult hits, it is only a matter of time until we see a Goonies reboot with a fresh cast.

The Goonies 35th anniversary reunion interview is Josh Gad's latest attempt to make the lockdown easier for his fans. In the past, the actor had taken to reading stories online for children and also collaborating with Disney on a collection of animated shorts posted on social media featuring the character of Olaf from Frozen having a series of brief adventures.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/27/2020, 1:14 pm

Not SNL, all the shit in your signature
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/27/2020, 1:31 pm

Tyger wrote:Not SNL, all the shit in your signature

Oh yes it is but only because I have a Starz and Showtime addon. I'm paying $5 for six months of Starz and $5 for three months of Showtime, so it's only $18 for Hulu with the add-ons and I get access to every single movie on my list and hundreds that aren't not to some good tv shows to choose from.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/27/2020, 2:24 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Yes, that was Sandler's family. What did you think he hired a family to spend quarantine with him? Sand Man's been married since he met his fine as fuck wife Jackie way back in Big Daddy where she played the hot waitress.

I knew she was his wife but, yeah, I thought they were kid actors. Their facial expressions were genuine, no acting required there. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/28/2020, 10:41 am

God Damn man, Broadway Actor Nick Cordero's condition just keeps getting worse. I read about him being placed in a medically induced coma weeks ago, now I'm reading that in the last week he's had his right leg amputated, had a pacemaker installed and just yesterday went into septic shock and had emergency surgery to remove the infection from his lungs. The poor bastard was a healthy 41 year old married to a personal trainer before all this but COVID just won't relent.

In other news, the daughter of Felicity Huffman and William H Macy has just been accepted to Carnegie Mellon's Drama school only one year after her mom got caught buying her admission into another school and adding an extra 400 points to her SATs. Felcitiy served 11 days in jail and her daughter still ended up at a prestigious school. There is no mention on if Sophia had to retake the SAT's or the school just went ahead an accepted the fraudulent ones. American justice. Cool

Last edited by WyldeMan on 4/28/2020, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/28/2020, 10:49 am

Wow, some people are just affected differently than others. Feel sorry for him.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/29/2020, 7:22 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Wow, some people are just affected differently than others. Feel sorry for him.

Yeah that and as I keep saying, hospitals are Petrie dishes where you go to die. He probably wouldn't have lost his leg, gotten a pacemaker and gone into septic shock if he wasn't in the hospital surrounded by the infected and the dying. The dude's in a coma that they put him in and they just keep taking pieces off him while he sleeps.

In more amusing news, AMC Theaters is ready for war with Universal Studios over Trolls World Tour. Universal was chest thumping yesterday about how Trolls has pulled in $95 million this month in VOD rental fees and made a statement that going forward they would be releasing movies in theaters and at home in a much shorter window than the 90 days that theaters require. AMC the largest theater in the world says they will not license a single Universal movie in their theaters under those release terms. Somebody is going to have to bend over first....only question now is will the one who doesn't bend, bring the Vaseline?

And for the first time in Oscar history, they will allow streaming movies to qualify for awards. But once theaters open again, this rule is cancelled.

Also, America is finally #1 at something in the world!!!!

The Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center reported Tuesday that the total number of coronavirus cases in the U.S. has passed 1 million, with the country representing one third of all cases globally. The milestone comes on  the 49th day since the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic, with the U.S. declaring a national emergency two days later.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/29/2020, 2:05 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/29/2020, 2:18 pm

WyldeMan wrote:In more amusing news, AMC Theaters is ready for war with Universal Studios over Trolls World Tour. Universal was chest thumping yesterday about how Trolls has pulled in $95 million this month in VOD rental fees and made a statement that going forward they would be releasing movies in theaters and at home in a much shorter window than the 90 days that theaters require. AMC the largest theater in the world says they will not license a single Universal movie in their theaters under those release terms. Somebody is going to have to bend over first....only question now is will the one who doesn't bend, bring the Vaseline?

I think Universal will bend over eventually. They could make more money in theaters and I don't think AMC will nudge on this decision and I don't blame them.

WyldeMan wrote:Also, America is finally #1 at something in the world!!!!

The Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center reported Tuesday that the total number of coronavirus cases in the U.S. has passed 1 million, with the country representing one third of all cases globally. The milestone comes on  the 49th day since the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic, with the U.S. declaring a national emergency two days later.

How are U.S. numbers one third when China is more populated? Question With all the precautions we've been taking with quarantine and masks? The math doesn't add up.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/29/2020, 7:07 pm

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/29/2020, 7:22 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:How are U.S. numbers one third when China is more populated? Question With all the precautions we've been taking with quarantine and masks? The math doesn't add up.

1 - Random Thoughts - Page 13 5e796112

1 - Random Thoughts - Page 13 Ewxbkd10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/29/2020, 9:13 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

How are U.S. numbers one third when China is more populated? Question With all the precautions we've been taking with quarantine and masks? The math doesn't add up.

I wouldn't be surprised if China's numbers are full of shit. They currently list only approx 800 people are infected. Yes. Eight hundred people out of 1 Billion+. That's horseshit. Chances are they aren't releasing the numbers, or just stopped testing in a lot of areas and are just letting it go. Neither is surprising.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/30/2020, 5:29 am

Rusty wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if China's numbers are full of shit. They currently list only approx 800 people are infected. Yes. Eight hundred people out of 1 Billion+. That's horseshit. Chances are they aren't releasing the numbers, or just stopped testing in a lot of areas and are just letting it go. Neither is surprising.

Exactly. China numbers are completely unreliable (read: total bullshit). I think back in March when infections were ramping up in the world they claimed to have zero new infections. LOL IMHO : )
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next