BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Tyger 1/20/2020, 5:50 pm

Hope it looks nice, PlayStations have since the PS2 though so not a big concern.

I’m sure I’ll get one eventually, but I’m not a big gamer so it’s gonna take a game I’m really interested in to get a PSCinco. I only got my PSCuatro when I did because of Arkham Knight. They really fucked up not making the PS4 play UHD discs and now I have a UHD player so don’t need another device.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2020, 7:42 pm

Tyger wrote:Hope it looks nice, PlayStations have since the PS2 though so not a big concern.

I’m sure I’ll get one eventually, but I’m not a big gamer so it’s gonna take a game I’m really interested in to get a PSCinco. I only got my PSCuatro when I did because of Arkham Knight. They really fucked up not making the PS4 play UHD discs and now I have a UHD player so don’t need another device.

I still have not bought a PS4, I dusted off my old PS3 just yesterday but it hasn't been powered up going on four years now.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/21/2020, 8:05 am

Not a Wahlberg fan but I get the feeling a few of you might be, so here ya go.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/21/2020, 9:01 am

Some of the things people are posting about the new RDJ Dolittle remake is hilariously bad. Dolittle might be the first big bomb of 2020 and RDJ's first movie since Endgame but it's good to know that RDJ will always be that junkie whore willing to do anything for money.

"If you've ever wanted to see Robert Downey Jr. having to assist a constipated dragon by sticking his hand up its arse, Dolittle is the $175 million film for you."

"This is a spoiler, but I need to share what I just witnessed because I feel like I'm going insane. The climax of Dolittle is LITERALLY him pulling bagpipes out of a dragon's clogged asshole, after which a polar bear voiced by John Cena exclaims 'teamwork makes dreams work!'"

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/21/2020, 4:59 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Not a Wahlberg fan but I get the feeling a few of you might be, so here ya go.
Wow. I know we joke around and give each other shit, but damn.

Last edited by Tyger on 1/21/2020, 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/21/2020, 5:20 pm

Wtf is with that climax spoiler in your post, Wylde? Now I have no reason to go watch Doolittle, my most anticipated movie of 2020.

You, sir, are a dillweed. Good day.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/21/2020, 5:28 pm

Tyger wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:[center]Not a Wahlberg fan but I get the feeling a few of you might be, so here ya go.
Wow. I know we joke around and give each other shit, but damn.

What, you guys like Ryan Reynolds and he's way worse than Mark Wahlberg.

joey con carne wrote:Wtf is with that climax spoiler in your post, Wylde? Now I have no reason to go watch Doolittle, my most anticipated movie of 2020.

You, sir, are a dillweed. Good day.

I can't keep track of what new horrible release is your most anticipated movie of the week.

But it's really on you if you couldn't foresee RDJ pulling things out of a dragon's ass.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/21/2020, 6:22 pm

How dare you.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2020, 9:10 am

Tyger wrote:How dare you.

Explain your offense sir!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/22/2020, 3:41 pm

I don’t know how you can possibly say Ryan Reynolds is worse. I used to hate him forever ago because I felt he was a second rate Jason Lee, but surprisingly when Lee became Earl, Reynolds stopped feeling like Jason Lee too and really nailed down his own personality. Then he started making some decent movies too.

Marky Mark has always been Marky Mark.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2020, 6:49 pm

Tyger wrote:I don’t know how you can possibly say Ryan Reynolds is worse. I used to hate him forever ago because I felt he was a second rate Jason Lee, but surprisingly when Lee became Earl, Reynolds stopped feeling like Jason Lee too and really nailed down his own personality. Then he started making some decent movies too.

Marky Mark has always been Marky Mark.

I might not see too many Mark Wahlberg movies these days since he's mainly sticking with action fare but I don't actively avoid his movies the way I do Reynolds, a man who has a face that I want to smash until my hand breaks and I've hated pretty much every single movie he's ever made. Smokin Aces and Waiting were the only two movies in his entire career that I could ever tolerate but having revisited both of them in the last few months for the first time in a decade, I can no longer stand either so the list of Reynolds movies I can watch has gone from two to zero.

Mark Wahlberg on the other hand has a nearly thirty year career of movies to choose from and several that I have seen multiple times like; The Basketball Diaries, Fear, The Departed, Boogie Nights, Three Kings, The Fighter and The Other Guys just to name a few.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/22/2020, 6:59 pm

Much like McConaughey I don’t hate Marky Mark as much as I used to, but he’s never been a selling point of any worthwhile he’s been in.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2020, 8:42 pm

Tyger wrote:Much like McConaughey I don’t hate Marky Mark as much as I used to, but he’s never been a selling point of any worthwhile he’s been in.

I was never a McConahater, he's always been one of my favorite stoner actors along with Woody Harrelson so Edtv has gotten a lot of play over the years and I will forever refer to Burt Reynolds as Burton Leon Reynolds Jr because of it. 

I've seen pretty much every movie McConaughey made between the early 90's and the late 2000's with the exceptions of his romcom period. Between middle and high school I watched Dazed and Confused, easily over a hundred times. Frailty and Reign of Fire get an annual play for me too. However, I really haven't seen too many of McConaughey's movies over the last decade as they don't often appear on streaming and not all of them have looked that interesting to me. However, I will likely get around to seeing most of them eventually.

I do however loathe Donnie Wahlberg. That guy is a Southie dbag. So I will give you one that one Wahlberg.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2020, 8:55 pm

Oh hell yeah!! I've been waiting six years for this!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/22/2020, 10:44 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

I was never a McConahater, he's always been one of my favorite stoner actors along with Woody Harrelson so Edtv has gotten a lot of play over the years and I will forever refer to Burt Reynolds as Burton Leon Reynolds Jr because of it. 

I've seen pretty much every movie McConaughey made between the early 90's and the late 2000's with the exceptions of his romcom period. Between middle and high school I watched Dazed and Confused, easily over a hundred times. Frailty and Reign of Fire get an annual play for me too. However, I really haven't seen too many of McConaughey's movies over the last decade as they don't often appear on streaming and not all of them have looked that interesting to me. However, I will likely get around to seeing most of them eventually.

I do however loathe Donnie Wahlberg. That guy is a Southie dbag. So I will give you one that one Wahlberg.

Donnie Wahlberg redeemed himself in Band of Brothers. He was fucking fantastic in that, as was everyone else.

McConaughy's fucking excellent. I'll watcvh anything he's in, except those rom-coms. I also loved EdTV. Every time I see a Camry I say it the way he and Woody do when talking about his dog cleaning business. Very Happy

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/23/2020, 6:46 am

Rusty wrote:Donnie Wahlberg redeemed himself in Band of Brothers. He was fucking fantastic in that, as was everyone else.

McConaughy's fucking excellent. I'll watcvh anything he's in, except those rom-coms. I also loved EdTV. Every time I see a Camry I say it the way he and Woody do when talking about his dog cleaning business. Very Happy

I'll give you Band of Brothers but as you said it's because everybody was fantastic though Donnie wasn't a favorite of mine especially compared to Damien Lewis. But regardless of Band of Brothers, Donnie will forever just be Duddits to me from Dreamcatcher, another project where Damien Lewis acted circles around him again.

I often myself quoting McConaughey but everything is funnier the way he says it with that laid back Texas cannabis induced drawl.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/23/2020, 5:54 pm

Caitlin Stasey is in a new movie called Kindred Spirits. Apparently, it is some sort of horror/suspense film. Downloaded!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/23/2020, 6:35 pm

Who?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/23/2020, 6:59 pm

Tyger wrote:Who?

She was on that CW series Reign that Joey used to talk about.

But I know her from her nekkid pics.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/24/2020, 12:20 pm

Heh heh yes. Her pics are good.

My iPhone 6 is messed up. Having a little trouble charging the damn thing. The plug must be in it juuuuuust right. As soon as the new iPhone SE 2 comes out in April, I will be buying one. Not sure what it will be called but there's rumors it will be the iPhone SE 2, the 9, or something else entirely. Whatever the case, I need that damn phone. Price point will be around $450. I refuse to pay $1,000 for a phone.

The battery sensor says my battery life is at 95%. LOL there's no way. Probably closer to 70%. It drains so fast when I use it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/24/2020, 1:05 pm

We maxed out another thread, woot woot
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/24/2020, 1:20 pm

Tyger wrote:We maxed out another thread, woot woot

That's a lot of randomness!

At some point we pretty much stopped using the tv and movie threads and just started using Random for everything. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/24/2020, 2:45 pm

Sweet.

In the immortal words of Oscar Gamble: They don’t think it be like it is, but it do.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/24/2020, 4:06 pm

joey con carne wrote:Sweet.

In the immortal words of Oscar Gamble: They don’t think it be like it is, but it do.

That guys speaks with athletic eloquence, tell me what sport related head injuries created this prodigy?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/24/2020, 9:36 pm

He played baseball. Maybe got beamed in the head too many times.

Bought a pair of Taotronics SoundSurge 60. Pretty nice active noise cancelling headphones. Budget stylezzzzz. $47 what a deal. Next up will be Mpow H12's.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2020, 10:04 am

joey con carne wrote:He played baseball. Maybe got beamed in the head too many times.

Bought a pair of Taotronics SoundSurge 60. Pretty nice active noise cancelling headphones. Budget stylezzzzz. $47 what a deal. Next up will be Mpow H12's.

I would have guessed he played for the NFL, those are the dumbest bastards alive. However, in retrospect his first name lacked an apostrophe or a hyphen and appeared to be a normal human name, so I should have known it wasn't football.

Are the noise cancelling headphones so you can listen to your beats on the subway without the interruption of listening to the cries of citizens being stabbed to death or tweaking on meth?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/25/2020, 6:52 pm

I have a couple of trips I am taking in February and May. Will be for the airplane!

For budget headphones, they are fantastic. Clean sound, good noise cancelling. Recommended. My buddy at work has the Mpow H12's and I'll likely pick them up later this year when they go on sale from the usual $60 to $35. They are about an eighth of the price of Sony XM3's or the Bose QC3. Totally worth it. These are my first bluetoof headphones and I'm digging the wirelessnessabilities.

God of War gives me a headache with the camera movement. Ugh. Love the game, though.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/25/2020, 6:55 pm

I have trips in February and September, but going from UT to CA so not super long. I’ll just use my beatsx, nice and portable.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2020, 8:21 pm

Tyger wrote:I have trips in February and September, but going from UT to CA so not super long. I’ll just use my beatsx, nice and portable.

Why are you going to California? Feel like watching the state burning on multiple occasions in person?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/25/2020, 8:28 pm

Both are for concerts in LA, Mr. Bungle in a week and a half and Rammstein in September
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2020, 8:43 pm

Tyger wrote:Both are for concerts in LA, Mr. Bungle in a week and a half and Rammstein in September

DU HAST!!!! Holy shit man Rammstein!?!? I haven't thought about those guys since high school.

But I have no idea what a Mr Bungle is....

I've only gone to concerts within a few hours drive but you fly out of state for them? Shocked

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/25/2020, 9:00 pm

This is Bungle's first show in 20 years and it’s as fucking random as that band is. They’re playing an early demo in its entirety with Dave Lombardo from Slayer and Suicidal Tendencies and Scott Ian from Anthrax. I haven’t even heard the demo as of now, but I love Mike Patton and it’s a ducking event.

Rammstein hasn’t played a US tour since 2012, just a few random shows since then. This stadium tour they’re actually bringing their full European stage set up so it’s gonna be fucking insane.

I’ve traveled for shows across the state (when I lived in Northern California) and in different states before. I’ve also done mini tours following bands.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/25/2020, 10:20 pm

I'll be in LA in February for a friend's wedding. It's at the Millenium Biltmore which is pretty close to Skid Row. As a joke, I said I wanted to go check out Skid Row and another friend from California said "No, don't do that. It's really not safe." and then I was all like "I'm from New York. I keep this shit realer than a maddafakka! Skid Row can't handle me! Yea, okay, I won't go. I was just playin'."
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/26/2020, 8:35 am

Tyger wrote:This is Bungle's first show in 20 years and it’s as fucking random as that band is. They’re playing an early demo in its entirety with Dave Lombardo from Slayer and Suicidal Tendencies and Scott Ian from Anthrax. I haven’t even heard the demo as of now, but I love Mike Patton and it’s a ducking event.

Rammstein hasn’t played a US tour since 2012, just a few random shows since then. This stadium tour they’re actually bringing their full European stage set up so it’s gonna be fucking insane.

I’ve traveled for shows across the state (when I lived in Northern California) and in different states before. I’ve also done mini tours following bands.

God damned Rammstein. My buddy was a massive fan back in the day, I gotta let him know they're back. He probably won't believe me.  Razz

Who were some of the bands you've followed around?

joey con carne wrote:I'll be in LA in February for a friend's wedding. It's at the Millenium Biltmore which is pretty close to Skid Row. As a joke, I said I wanted to go check out Skid Row and another friend from California said "No, don't do that. It's really not safe." and then I was all like "I'm from New York. I keep this shit realer than a maddafakka! Skid Row can't handle me! Yea, okay, I won't go. I was just playin'."

You should visit Skid Row and see play Eye Spy for ex actors and musicians.

In all seriousness though, that place is so fucked. However, I'll always be a fan of the band. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/26/2020, 10:00 am

I did two mini tours following Deftones in 2004 and 2006, both times was able to do every CA show except San Diego for some fucking reason. In 2004 that was just 4 shows, but 2006 I did like 6 full concerts, plus an in store performance and signing and a short outdoor concert. Last show was I went to on that tour was in Vegas. I think I went to 3 shows in a row on the 2007 tour too, but that tour was fucking terrible and I pretty much stopped being a fan for a few years after that.

I followed Team Sleep, a Deftones side project in 2005 for about a week, including every CA show (even San Diego), Vegas and Phoenix, AZ.

Also in 2005 I went to 3 theSTART shows in a row on a tour, but those were all in NorCal so it was pretty easy.

I flew to Texas to see the Smashing Pumpkins in 2007. I’ve now seen them in 3 different states with different lineups.

That’s all the major multiple times and major traveling shows
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/26/2020, 12:16 pm

Kobe Bryant died. Helicopter crash.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/26/2020, 12:17 pm

joey con carne wrote:Kobe Bryant died. Helicopter crash.

I was just about to post that too. I can't believe it. R.I.P. Kobe
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/26/2020, 5:34 pm

joey con carne wrote:Kobe Bryant died. Helicopter crash.

HOLY FUCK...... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I hadn't heard this yet.

175 miles per hour right into a mountain side........

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/26/2020, 5:49 pm

After hearing about it, I then read his daughter was with him. One article stated they were going to basketball practice for her.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/26/2020, 5:56 pm

joey con carne wrote:After hearing about it, I then read his daughter was with him. One article stated they were going to basketball practice for her.

Two of the victims were 13 year old basketball players.

This is from one of the articles:

Orange Coast College baseball coach John Altobelli was among those who died in the crash, the college confirmed. As a mentor and coach for 27 years, he helped students earn scholarships to play at four-year colleges and treated players like family, the statement said.

Altobelli’s wife, Keri Altobelli, and his 13-year-old daughter, Alyssa, who played on the club team with Bryant’s daughter, were also among the victims, according to his family.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/26/2020, 6:37 pm

That’s fucked. 9 people in total were on the heli. Fucking sad.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/27/2020, 1:10 am

joey con carne wrote:Heh heh yes. Her pics are good.

My iPhone 6 is messed up. Having a little trouble charging the damn thing. The plug must be in it juuuuuust right. As soon as the new iPhone SE 2 comes out in April, I will be buying one. Not sure what it will be called but there's rumors it will be the iPhone SE 2, the 9, or something else entirely. Whatever the case, I need that damn phone. Price point will be around $450. I refuse to pay $1,000 for a phone.

The battery sensor says my battery life is at 95%. LOL there's no way. Probably closer to 70%. It drains so fast when I use it.

You still rocking a 6? Were you aware that when Apple release a new generation phone, the software update deliberately slows down the CPU of previous gen phones? They claim it's to lengthen the life of older batteries, but only admitting to such after they got caught.

People were pissed because they would update to a newer phone thinking their older phone was dying, when it was simply Apple deliberately slowing the phones down.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/27/2020, 7:49 am

Is Apple still deliberately crippling older phones or did they stop doing that now that they got caught?

I read about that but I also attributed my five-year-old phone's sluggish performance to the processor not being able to handle iOS 12. Even though I got this particular phone in 2018 and it was manufactured, according to the serial number, in February 2018, they put in an aged battery so it is really screwed.

Still, I cannot purchase a new iPhone for a thousand dollarz. That's ludicrouth.

Looking forward to the new budget model.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/27/2020, 8:32 am

It is ludicrous, but I look forward to upgrading this year from my X
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2020, 8:36 am

joey con carne wrote:Is Apple still deliberately crippling older phones or did they stop doing that now that they got caught?

I read about that but I also attributed my five-year-old phone's sluggish performance to the processor not being able to handle iOS 12. Even though I got this particular phone in 2018 and it was manufactured, according to the serial number, in February 2018, they put in an aged battery so it is really screwed.

Still, I cannot purchase a new iPhone for a thousand dollarz. That's ludicrouth.

Looking forward to the new budget model.

I rock a $30 Tracfone and I pay $20 for minutes, data and texts every 90 days, for a total of $80 per year on my phone bill.

But I enjoy having money more than the alleged status one gets from having the same phone as everybody else and the privilege of a $100 a month phone bill. Craziest thing though, my $30 burner phone can still call those expensive phones, it can even text those same phones and I can get on the interwebs with it too.

Ain't that some shit?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next