BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PlayStation

+3
joey con carne
detective392
UltimateMarvel
7 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

PlayStation  - Page 7 Empty Re: PlayStation

Post by WyldeMan 12/8/2020, 7:13 pm

joey con carne wrote:Has anyone here gotten a PS5 yet? I remember when the PS4 came out Wylde kept calling it the "next gen" system and I said "Don't you mean 'current gen'?"

Cyberpunk releasing tomorrow on PC. It's already got a 43gb day zero patch with a rumored day one patch coming up. Sounds like the game is being released as a buggy mess.

I am looking forward to the turbonerd meltdown tomorrow if the game sucks. I love reading the forums when shit goes wrong for gamers.

PlayStation  - Page 7 200
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/8/2020, 7:18 pm

How would you guys feel If I merged the separate Playstation threads? It seems pointless to have two threads with so few of us.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

UltimateMarvel and joey con carne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/8/2020, 8:13 pm

I say merge. That way I won't have to report people for posting in the wrong threads and you won't have to lay down the ban hammer on some foo'z.
joey con carne
joey con carne

joey con carne likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/8/2020, 8:23 pm

Yeah I say merge.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/9/2020, 7:29 am

The turbonerd meltdown has begun and the game isn't even released yet. People are pissed because the game was supposed to release "today" but it's not actually until 1am in Poland. Not understanding time zones is fun to read.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/9/2020, 8:37 am

joey con carne wrote:The turbonerd meltdown has begun and the game isn't even released yet. People are pissed because the game was supposed to release "today" but it's not actually until 1am in Poland. Not understanding time zones is fun to read.

It's only been 7 years since the game was announced and the turbonerds were not willing to wait one hour more.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/9/2020, 1:54 pm

There is a guy bitching there is no "walk" function on PC. That is, you can either do a jog or sprint. LOL

I really hope this game sucks just so I can watch everyone go crazy.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/9/2020, 4:56 pm

Oh yessssssss the PC launch is fucked upppppp. There is a 60gb update for everyone who pre-loaded the game. People are pissed! Ah, their tears sustain me.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/9/2020, 5:05 pm

WyldeMan wrote:How would you guys feel If I merged the separate Playstation threads? It seems pointless to have two threads with so few of us.

Yeah, good idea. Just name it "Playstation" for all things Playstation.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/11/2020, 8:44 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:How would you guys feel If I merged the separate Playstation threads? It seems pointless to have two threads with so few of us.

Yeah, good idea. Just name it "Playstation" for all things Playstation.

Done. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/11/2020, 8:47 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/11/2020, 12:33 pm

WTF what happened to the two separate Playstation threads??
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/11/2020, 6:30 pm

joey con carne wrote:WTF what happened to the two separate Playstation threads??

Are you high?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/11/2020, 7:51 pm

How dare you, sir! What a disgusting and accusatory inquiry.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/11/2020, 10:02 pm

joey con carne wrote:How dare you, sir! What a disgusting and accusatory inquiry.

PlayStation  - Page 7 Giphy
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2020, 8:56 am

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/15/2020, 9:38 am

I've been watching quite a few Cyberpunk 2077 game play videos and my gods is that a glitch ridden mess barely backwards capable on most systems and it keeps crashing the ones it can run on. Not to forget that when you can actually play, it's non-stop dialogue prompts. There are way too many to even be an enjoyable game, you're constantly stopping to choose dialogue paths in between all the glitches. It's nothing at all like it'd been marketed to be, for years.

It's going to take them six months to fix the majority of those glitches and the game will probably still be loaded with more. After 8 years you'd think they were capable of a better release. It's like they decided to use the paying public as their quality inspection instead of getting it right the first time...

Well at least Ghosts of Tsushima and Valhalla will still be must plays for me when I eventually buy a PS5 to play them on. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/15/2020, 3:13 pm

I heard some people are demanding refunds. lol I figured this would happen. Way too hyped over nothin!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/15/2020, 6:03 pm

Here's a good Valhalla video:

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/16/2020, 8:24 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I heard some people are demanding refunds. lol I figured this would happen. Way too hyped over nothin!

I keep reading how there's a phone number to call for those seeking refunds but apparently most keep getting the run around or just being kept on hold for hours without resolution. So it would seem that their customer service is the only thing that can rival the quality of their product.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/17/2020, 8:33 am

Do you guys watch player videos of games you're interested in or already play? I've never been big on them before other than Denkops but lately I've been checking out a few others to get a better idea of what the games I'm interested in are actually like but there are so many bad streamers out there and it's hard to find good ones.

If you do, who are your favorites?

I tried some videos from Hollow but that dude mispronounces every characters name and usually can barely manage the game title. He talks non-stop and freaks out constantly, he even brings "karma" into his gaming decisions and is nearly incapable of making a decision when he has multiple dialogue options, like in Cyberpunk. It's kind of funny how bad he is and yet he has a decent following.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/17/2020, 1:40 pm

Nope. Watching streamers play video games is boring to me, I'd rather play myself.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/17/2020, 2:34 pm

I only watch someone called MKIceandFire. His page is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MKIceAndFire

The reason I watch his videos is because he doesn't talk. He just plays the game. He makes mistakes, he does cool shit, he does not speak at all.

I hate streamers who can't shut the fuck up for two seconds. It's like they think they will lose a viewer if they are not constantly talking or making noise.

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/17/2020, 2:44 pm

I've watched a couple, but not one specific person. I'll just search for a game I'm interested in and watch a few different ones just to see if it looks like my sort of thing.

Definitely not something I do for entertainment. Didn't really know it was a thing until I saw the South Park episode.

#CartmanBrah

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/17/2020, 2:48 pm

Yes, I also agree with Russ. I don't do it as a form of entertainment but if there's a game I am curious to buy, I will watch a few videos to make sure it is something I will enjoy. Case in point, The Amazing Spider-Man. I watched a few free-roaming videos to make sure Spider-Man isn't webswinging on clouds.

Another game I watched was Dying Light. Parkour through a zombie-infested city? Sounds awesome. But I had to see what it looked like before I bought it to make sure it was executed well.

While I can agree with UM's point, I would not want to spend $60 on Spider-Man if he was cloud-swinging. I would be pissed. But I would be more pissed at myself because there's so much media out there that had I just watched a few videos, I would have avoided wasting my money. Just an example. Thankfully, Spider-Man is awesome.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/17/2020, 3:18 pm

joey con carne wrote:I only watch someone called MKIceandFire. His page is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MKIceAndFire

The reason I watch his videos is because he doesn't talk. He just plays the game. He makes mistakes, he does cool shit, he does not speak at all.

I hate streamers who can't shut the fuck up for two seconds. It's like they think they will lose a viewer if they are not constantly talking or making noise.

I've seen MCIceandFire listed before but never watched so thanks, I'll check him out. I didn't realize anybody played the games without talking anymore, that's awesome and exactly what I've been looking for.

If there is one thing I hate, its other people's unsolicited opinions.

I just want to get an idea of what the game is like, not how unintelligent the gamer is.

But seriously, Hollow doesn't ever shut up. He talks for 90 minute straight on his streams, you can skip around as much as you want but he's never not talking. He talks over all character dialogue too and then wonders who every character is and how to pronounce their names, even though if he ever shut the fuck up for 10 seconds, he'd know them.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/17/2020, 4:17 pm

You will be happy to know MKFireandIce plays through Assassin's Creed: Valhalla in its entirety without speaking.

Interestingly, if you search [name of game] gameplay no commentary, you will find his videos.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/17/2020, 5:08 pm

joey con carne wrote:You will be happy to know MKFireandIce plays through Assassin's Creed: Valhalla in its entirety without speaking.

Interestingly, if you search [name of game] gameplay no commentary, you will find his videos.

Nice to know, I'll check out some Valhalla soon.

Hollow was ruining Valhalla for me with his non-stop talking while never saying anything of substance so I had to stop watching. Also, even though he was playing as a viking assassin he kept making karma based decisions and would always "let live" when the other option was "execute". What kind of a viking shows mercy!??!!? That's christian bullshit that I do not have time for in video games.

Though I noticed Hollow didn't hesitate when the choice to start banging his viking brother's wife became an option. That decision didn't even warrant a hesitation from him, it was the only time in his whole game play, so that made me laugh.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/17/2020, 7:23 pm

I just got an email from Ubisoft and they are starting their winter sale. Valhalla already has an "Ultimate Edition" and the game only came out on November 10, just a little over five weeks. Not even six weeks ago! That was quick.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/17/2020, 9:06 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/18/2020, 1:26 pm

Btw, I don't watch streamers playing games but I do check out some gameplay videos of games I'm interested in.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/18/2020, 2:31 pm

The fallout from Cyberpunk 2077’s buggy release continues. Developer CD Projekt Red says its intention is to offer a refund to everyone who purchased a physical copy of the game or a digital one at retail, even if it means paying for the expense out of its own pocket.

If the retailer you bought the game at won’t give you a refund, the company asks that you email it at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com with valid proof of purchase. You have until December 21st to contact the company about getting your money back. If you’ve already emailed CD Projekt Red about a refund and haven’t heard back yet, the studio says not to worry. It notes it’s sending out confirmation notices in waves. It will send out an email detailing next steps once the refund window closes on December 21st.

PlayStation  - Page 7 116

PlayStation  - Page 7 212

The move comes after Sony pulled the game from the PlayStation Store on Thursday evening and started offering full refunds. Earlier today, Microsoft expanded its online store refund policy, allowing anyone who bought the game digitally to claim a refund. Some retailers like Best Buy have already said they’ll accept returns, even if the case is opened. CD Projekt Red has already said it plans to fix the buggy title. The studio plans to roll out two major patches in January and February to address Cyberpunk 2077’s variety of issues.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/18/2020, 3:48 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Btw, I don't watch streamers playing games but I do check out some gameplay videos of games I'm interested in.

What's the difference? Is it some jackass in a window always talking versus just watching straight game play?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/18/2020, 5:45 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Btw, I don't watch streamers playing games but I do check out some gameplay videos of games I'm interested in.

What's the difference? Is it some jackass in a window always talking versus just watching straight game play?

Pretty much. The ones constantly talking and acting like idiots are generally playing multiplayer games. 50 people playing COD at one time running around shooting the shit out of each other. Nothing really to do with game-play and storytelling.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/18/2020, 5:55 pm

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Pretty much. The ones constantly talking and acting like idiots are generally playing multiplayer games. 50 people playing COD at one time running around shooting the shit out of each other. Nothing really to do with game-play and storytelling.

Well then, I should have asked what game play video channels you guys like. I watch so little I didn't even know there was a difference or that you could watch game play without the talking, I could never find it.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/18/2020, 9:43 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Well then, I should have asked what game play video channels you guys like. I watch so little I didn't even know there was a difference or that you could watch game play without the talking, I could never find it.

Yeah, what Russ said. I don't follow any in particular, usually what ever comes up when I search for gameplay. Like Joey mentioned, MKIceAndFire comes up when I searched for Miles Mortales gameplay.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/19/2020, 9:10 am

Thank you guys for the clarification of “streamer” and gameplay videos. I watch gameplay never streamers. I wasn’t aware there was a difference. I used the terms interchangeably. Yay, I learned something.

I will add there are some gameplay videos where you don’t see the asshole playing but they are stilltalking over all the game audio 100% of the time. I five the video a thumbs down immediately and move on.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/19/2020, 2:27 pm

Did you guys see that Sony pulled Cyberpunk from the Playstation store?

Keanu hasn't been part of a bomb this big in a very long time.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/19/2020, 2:44 pm

According to CDPR, Sony pulling the game was a mutual decision. Sony got their cut so they don't give a shit. Sony would keep selling it if they could.

But the problem with CDPR is not the bugs. It's a lot deeper than that. THey can patch all they want but their patches can fix bugs but it won't fix gameplay aspects that just suck. Just watch the video below. It's a staggering 45 minutes long but, thankfully, the guy is very well-spoken and details the issues with the game.

One issue he talks about which bothers the hell out of me is the police AI (or lack of any AI in the game). So let's say you kill a pedestrian like we all love to do in GTA 5. In GTA 5, the police will be called (you can see people get on their cellphones) and then you see the cops making their way to your location on the map. That's your cue to get the fuck outta there.

In Cyberpunk, cops will literally materialize out of thing air and start shooting you. So how do you escape? Just start running in a straight line and turn a corner. Boom. Wanted level is gone. The cops won't chase you.

If you want to see this part of the video, watch at 10m:45s. But I highly recommend watching the whole thing and you will see some of the glaring problems with the game that really can't be fixed with patches. Patches can fix bugs but if you want to put AI into the NPC's, you'll have to overhaul the whole game.

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/19/2020, 3:11 pm

joey con carne wrote:According to CDPR, Sony pulling the game was a mutual decision. Sony got their cut so they don't give a shit. Sony would keep selling it if they could.

But the problem with CDPR is not the bugs. It's a lot deeper than that. THey can patch all they want but their patches can fix bugs but it won't fix gameplay aspects that just suck. Just watch the video below. It's a staggering 45 minutes long but, thankfully, the guy is very well-spoken and details the issues with the game.

One issue he talks about which bothers the hell out of me is the police AI (or lack of any AI in the game). So let's say you kill a pedestrian like we all love to do in GTA 5. In GTA 5, the police will be called (you can see people get on their cellphones) and then you see the cops making their way to your location on the map. That's your cue to get the fuck outta there.

In Cyberpunk, cops will literally materialize out of thing air and start shooting you. So how do you escape? Just start running in a straight line and turn a corner. Boom. Wanted level is gone. The cops won't chase you.

If you want to see this part of the video, watch at 10m:45s. But I highly recommend watching the whole thing and you will see some of the glaring problems with the game that really can't be fixed with patches. Patches can fix bugs but if you want to put AI into the NPC's, you'll have to overhaul the whole game.[/center]

I'll be sure to check that video out, thanks Joey.

CyberPunk is what happens when you give a team of Polacks ten years to create a game.

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

"CyberPunk, the best Poland can do!"
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/19/2020, 5:05 pm

LOL I haven’t heard “polack” in forever. That’s good shit.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/19/2020, 11:31 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Did you guys see that Sony pulled Cyberpunk from the Playstation store?

Yep. I think Microsoft is doing the same thing.

joey con carne wrote:According to CDPR, Sony pulling the game was a mutual decision. Sony got their cut so they don't give a shit. Sony would keep selling it if they could.

If you want to see this part of the video, watch at 10m:45s. But I highly recommend watching the whole thing and you will see some of the glaring problems with the game that really can't be fixed with patches. Patches can fix bugs but if you want to put AI into the NPC's, you'll have to overhaul the whole game.

LOL That is just ridiculous! I agree, this game has much deeper issues.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/19/2020, 11:31 pm

CD Projekt shares plunged as much as 22% to a nine-month low on Friday as the Polish game studio suffered fresh backlash to its release of a bug-ridden "Cyberpunk 2077" last week.
Sony announced on Friday that it was pulling the video game from its PlayStation Store and offering full refunds to players following a wave of complaints about the long-awaited title. The news erased the equivalent of $1.8 billion from CD Projekt's market capitalization.
CD Projekt apologized for disappointing players on Monday, and pledged to fix the game through software updates over the coming months. It also offered refunds to those who bought the game for the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One, as the experience is especially bad on those older consoles.

Players have reported frequent crashes, poor graphics, choppy frame rates, and characters and objects repeatedly glitching.

"After three delays, we were too focused on releasing the game," co-CEO Adam Kicinski said during an analyst call on Monday. "We underestimated the scale and complexity of the issues. We ignored the signals about the need for additional time to refine the game on the base last-gen consoles. It was the wrong approach and against our business philosophy."

Fortunately for the embattled developer, it can afford a few refunds. It turned a profit on the game before it even launched, thanks to pre-order sales of more than 8 million copies.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/20/2020, 8:21 am

joey con carne wrote:LOL I haven’t heard “polack” in forever. That’s good shit.

I don't know why it isn't used more, it's still funny.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/23/2020, 3:19 pm

Grabbed The Last of Us Part 2 @ 65% off. Loved the first so I couldn't say no at that price.

Ordered it yesterday at Midday, and it arrived this morning. Delivered in under 24 hours, a day before Christmas. Fucking awesome.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next