BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PlayStation

+3
joey con carne
detective392
UltimateMarvel
7 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

PlayStation  Empty PlayStation

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/13/2014, 11:39 am

I tried to checkout the Playroom but I don't have a camera so it's a no-go. It still installed all the trophies associated with it though. Weird!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

PlayStation  Empty Re: PlayStation

Post by detective392 12/13/2014, 12:35 pm

Same here, no camera and now I'm stuck with Playroom in my trophies section and it will always be at 0%.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/13/2014, 7:14 pm

Might get the camera if it's cheap enough one day.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 12/13/2014, 9:44 pm

If it was used better I'd like to get one. So far I know it works with Playroom and very little games. Still seems better than how kinect turned out though. MS seems to have abandoned that which IMO is a good thing.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/18/2014, 11:06 am

My PS Plus runs out today. Was really hoping for some deals for it this year. I should have gotten 2 last year. Crying or Very sad
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 12/18/2014, 2:54 pm

I still don't have PS+. Don't like gaming online and the free games have never interested me. You may find some deals after Christmas maybe.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/18/2014, 7:33 pm

detective392 wrote:I still don't have PS+. Don't like gaming online and the free games have never interested me. You may find some deals after Christmas maybe.

Cool! Now that I have a PS4, I have to if I'm going to play online. There are some good free games sometimes and if you find three games in a year then it's worth it and practically pays for itself.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/19/2014, 7:03 am

Hey, guys. I have a question for the PS4. It's a really basic question and I'm searching online and don't see an exact question and answer that I'm looking for so I'll ask you guys:

I see that the PS4 requires you to install the games. I'm totally fine with that and actually like that idea. My question pertains to the actual installation.

I would like to know if the installation is like the XBox 360 installations. What I mean is, when I install a game on the 360, it installs the complete game and only requires the disc to be in the system when I play. The disc does not spin at all except the initial load and check process. Once I start playing a game that is installed on my 360 hard drive the disc drive does not spin at all. It is completely quiet.

Is this the same thing for the PS4? When the game is completely installed on the PS4, does the disc drive spin while playing the game? I guess I am just thinking that having the disc would be just like digitally downloading the game (save for the disc requirement DRM). I hope it's like the 360 and the disc drive does not spin at all while playing. I would like to reduce the wear and tear on my systems as much as possible.

Thanks for reading and any answers you all provide.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 12/19/2014, 8:19 am

joey con carne wrote:Hey, guys. I have a question for the PS4. It's a really basic question and I'm searching online and don't see an exact question and answer that I'm looking for so I'll ask you guys:

I see that the PS4 requires you to install the games. I'm totally fine with that and actually like that idea. My question pertains to the actual installation.

I would like to know if the installation is like the XBox 360 installations. What I mean is, when I install a game on the 360, it installs the complete game and only requires the disc to be in the system when I play. The disc does not spin at all except the initial load and check process. Once I start playing a game that is installed on my 360 hard drive the disc drive does not spin at all. It is completely quiet.

Is this the same thing for the PS4? When the game is completely installed on the PS4, does the disc drive spin while playing the game? I guess I am just thinking that having the disc would be just like digitally downloading the game (save for the disc requirement DRM). I hope it's like the 360 and the disc drive does not spin at all while playing. I would like to reduce the wear and tear on my systems as much as possible.

Thanks for reading and any answers you all provide.
Not 100% sure on that. Personally I never hear my PS4 when I play games so I'm not sure if the disc is spinning or it's just a quite system but I never hear mine.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/19/2014, 11:23 am

Cool. Thanks, detective. Also reading more it does seem to not use the drive at all. I'll keep investigating and see what I can find. I will eventually purchase one but that's later on. My budget is strained enough as it is.

Damn, looking at the prices for X1 and PS4's just makes me go nuts. They are so freakin' cheap now. Giving away gift cards for X1's and two games for PS4's. wowowow. If I haven't already blown the shit out of my holiday budget already I would absolutely jump on a system and a game or two. As it stands now I can't push it.

Crying or Very sad
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 12/21/2014, 8:55 am

Walmart is offering the PS4 for $330 at the moment for those wanting a lower price.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/21/2014, 9:31 am

As much as I want a current-gen system, I realize that even if I drop 300+ on one now, I can't afford any games! LOL

Target's X1 deal was the best I saw so far. I guess the X1 did a lot more poorly in sales than the PS4 as they seem to be discounting their units like crazy more than the PS4.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/21/2014, 9:40 am

joey con carne wrote: I guess the X1 did a lot more poorly in sales than the PS4 as they seem to be discounting their units like crazy more than the PS4.

Yup, Xbox stumbled at another launch and fell behind big time but these sales have been helping a bit.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 12/21/2014, 9:59 am

MS seems to be doing better in sales compared to where they were at launch. Still behind the PS4 though. Next Fall Halo 5 should really push sales and hopefully a Gears of War collection.

I know MCC has been getting a lot of hate but the Halo 5 beta seems to be getting good reviews.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/26/2014, 4:59 pm

Since there is no thread for Infamous Second Son, I'll just post here. Been playing it non stop over the holidays and I love it. Pretty much like I thought it would be. Didn't know what other powers you could use in the game. I already knew about Smoke and Neon but the other 2 were cool too. Fun game and I hope they make sequels. So much potential in terms of story and what he can do since his power is absorption from other conduits' abilities. Reminded me so much of Peter Petrelli of Heroes. Everyone who has a PS4 should check it out.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/27/2014, 9:46 pm

Playstation 4 controllers are on sale at Sears for $25 right now. If you guys have been thinking about getting one, now's the time.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 12/28/2014, 9:40 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Playstation 4 controllers are on sale at Sears for $25 right now. If you guys have been thinking about getting one, now's the time.
Nice, don't think I'll bite just yet but its cool to see them go for low lately. Hopefully the trend continues.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/28/2014, 7:53 pm

Damn it! I missed it, should have just bought it online or something. I thought it would last til today too but it went back up. Let me know if you find others with the same price.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/25/2015, 2:21 pm

I accidentally purchased Guacamelee Super Turbo Edition and Contrast for the PS4. I thought they were for the PS3 and I didn't read properly. I was scared when I saw my download list and didn't see them. Heh heh Oops. At least I'll have two games when I get my PS4 this Black Friday.... or next one.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/25/2015, 4:11 pm

Isn't Contrast cross-buy?  It's a fun game.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/25/2015, 4:12 pm

Did you get the Uncharted Trilogy?
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/25/2015, 4:21 pm

I decided to pass on the Uncharted Trilogy and picked up a couple pairs of shoes instead. Also, Contrast is not cross-buy. Sad

I have been spending a shitload of money lately. I feel like I have been spending way too much. I need to cut back.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 1/28/2015, 8:30 am

Chances are high that we'll see the first 3 Uncharted games get a re-release on PS4. Personally I'd wait to buy the trilogy than.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/20/2015, 7:59 pm

I'm watching a gameplay of The Order: 1886 and I have to ask: What the fuck is this bullshit? Been watching for 20 minutes and skipping around here and there and it looks like almost the entire game is a quicktime event rail walker.

Edit: Oh, some gun fighting.

Nevermind, 2 minutes of shooting and the rest is just sneak, press triangle, sneak, press triangle, sneak, press triangle, run, press triangle, sneak, press triangle.

I'm sure a lot of people find these types of games fun but I'll pass on this one.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 2/24/2015, 11:06 am

joey con carne wrote:I'm watching a gameplay of The Order: 1886 and I have to ask: What the fuck is this bullshit? Been watching for 20 minutes and skipping around here and there and it looks like almost the entire game is a quicktime event rail walker.

Edit: Oh, some gun fighting.

Nevermind, 2 minutes of shooting and the rest is just sneak, press triangle, sneak, press triangle, sneak, press triangle, run, press triangle, sneak, press triangle.

I'm sure a lot of people find these types of games fun but I'll pass on this one.
Haven't played the game yet but it seems like the game did turn out to be a major QTE type of game. Still looks fun and something I'll get later down the road but kinda disappointed in the amount of actual gameplay they delivered.

Next month is Bloodborne and than Witcher 3 in May cheers
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/25/2015, 10:53 pm

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 2/26/2015, 10:42 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Can't wait to play this game. Looks good.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/10/2015, 12:36 pm

I need to get that DLC soon. I hope this gets released as a freebie for PS Plus members but since it just came out, it might be a while.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/23/2015, 6:38 pm

PlayStation  CAyCaw1UQAEB2LN

Batman: Arkham Knight won't be out on June 2nd as previously announced. On the bright side, they also released a great gameplay trailer.

This is the second delay to Batman: Arkham Knight. Rocksteady and WB initially planned to release the game by the end of 2014. Game director Sefton Hill also sent out the following statement to press:

We're a developer that hates to make any compromises, so we are sorry to say this means it's going to be just a little bit longer until you can play the epic conclusion to the Arkham trilogy.

"As a reward for your patience and understanding, and to make the wait even more unbearable, we are pleased to whet your appetite with a new gameplay video of Batman: Arkham Knight.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/26/2015, 3:18 pm

So a HUGE update was just released that added a lot of functions to the PS4 that people have been asking for.

Main features in system software update 2.50

• "PSNSM" has been renamed as "PlayStation™Network".
  • The PS4™ system can now keep applications suspended while in rest mode. Set a checkmark in [Keep Application Suspended] under Settings (Settings) > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode].
  • You can now back up data stored on a PS4™ system to a USB storage device. Select Settings (Settings) > [System] > [Back Up and Restore].
  • You can now adjust accessibility settings such as zoom and button assignments. Select Settings (Settings) > [Accessibility].
  • You can now upload video clips to Dailymotion™.

Other new or revised features in version 2.50

• You can now test the connection speed when you start Share Play as a host. You can check whether your Internet connection speed is sufficient for Share Play.
  • You can now adjust the video resolution and frame rate settings for Share Play. Select [Video Quality for Share Play] in the party settings screen.

Trophies

• Screenshots of scenes when you earn trophies are now saved automatically.
  • You can now share trophy details and screenshots of scenes when you earn trophies.
  • The following features have been added to the options menu of  (Trophies).
  • You can now search the Internet for details about your trophies.
  • You can now sort trophies by [Earned Date], [Not Earned], or [Grade].
  • You can now delete trophies with 0% achievement progress.

Settings

• You can now upgrade a sub account to a master account. [Upgrade Your Account] is displayed in Settings (Settings) > [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Account Information] when the sub account user becomes old enough to create a master account.
  • If your Sony Entertainment Network account and Facebook® account are linked, users who are your Facebook® friends are now displayed as players you may know. Select [Players You May Know] in Settings (Settings) > [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Privacy Settings] > [Connecting with Friends] or [Protecting Your Information].
  • [Text Drop Shadow] has been added to Settings (Settings) > [Themes]. When text is hard to read, you can add a shadow style to improve readability.
  • PS4™ system software can now be updated automatically. Set a checkmark in [System Software Update Files] and [Install Automatically] under Settings (Settings) > [System] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads].

Other

• [Discover] has been added to  (Notifications). You can see tips on using the PS4™ system.

• You can now use the touch pad to operate playback of videos on discs.

• You can flick left or right on the touch pad to move 15 seconds back or 15 seconds forward.
    • You can play video from a specific point by clicking the touch pad button and then dragging left or right on the touch pad to specify a chapter or time.

• You can now enter up to 140 characters for your self-introduction in your profile.
  • When you send a Friend request to a player whose real name is displayed, your real name is now also displayed when the player accepts your Friend request.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/28/2015, 12:34 pm

I found this on CheapAssGamer. According to the description, Bloodborne may ship separately. Pretty sweet deal.

Playstation 4 + Bloodborne + $20 gift card + The Last of Us (Remastered) [Digital]

$399 dollars

Link here: [url]http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Bloodborne-Bundle/dp/B00UZGQ3G4url[/]
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/3/2015, 3:15 pm

Has anyone here played Bloodborne yet? I've been watching some gameplay videos on youtube and while it certainly has pretty dope graphics, it looks pretty boring. Just a standard hack-n-slash without the high-flying action of Devil May Cry. I havent played it myself so im gonna see if i can demo the game somewhere.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 4/3/2015, 4:36 pm

I threw a perfect game on MLB15 The Show last night with my beloved Atlanta Braves

GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/26/2015, 8:53 am

I didn't know that Arkham Knight was only coming out for Playstation 4 until last week. Nooooooooooo, my precious PS3!

Gameplay videos look fantastic and a map five times the size of Arkham City? Hell yes! I hope there will also be random buildings to explore as well as sewer systems and such.

Anyone here getting Arkham Knight on release day?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2015, 12:57 pm

joey con carne wrote:I didn't know that Arkham Knight was only coming out for Playstation 4 until last week. Nooooooooooo, my precious PS3!

I can't say that I enjoy the PS4 exclusivity while my PS3 is still working perfectly. We keep missing out on some great content for the next gen because we're still playing vintage.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/26/2015, 1:25 pm

Technically, the PS4 is "current gen" and our PS3 is "past gen". Razz

Jokes aside, I agree. It does suck that we won't be able to get our hands on Arkham Knight unless we upgrade. I hope there is a slight chance they will release it for PS3 sometime down the line. Surely they must know that not every PS3 owner has upgraded to PS4. Bastards...
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 4/26/2015, 5:25 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:I didn't know that Arkham Knight was only coming out for Playstation 4 until last week. Nooooooooooo, my precious PS3!

I can't say that I enjoy the PS4 exclusivity while my PS3 is still working perfectly. We keep missing out on some great content for the next gen because we're still playing vintage.

True, but the problem with making it for both, is you inevitably are forced to gimp the so-called Next Gen/Current Gen in order to make it play on the far inferior previous generation.

Same issue a lot of gamers are having with Multi-Platform games like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty or Madden or whatever. They have to work on both, and Microsoft often forces in clauses to the contracts along the lines of enforcing "parity", so the Xbox version plays JUST as well as the Playstation version, despite the PS4 being much more powerful and capable of much more than the Xbox is.

So you have games on the PS4 that could be much much better, but they're being held back for "parity's" sake.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 4/26/2015, 5:26 pm

Also this game is so massive (Arkham Knight) they said that the Batmobile ALONE takes up all resources on the PS3. So there's no way they could fit this game onto the PS3.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2015, 7:15 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:Same issue a lot of gamers are having with Multi-Platform games like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty or Madden or whatever.  They have to work on both, and Microsoft often forces in clauses to the contracts along the lines of enforcing "parity", so the Xbox version plays JUST as well as the Playstation version, despite the PS4 being much more powerful  and capable of much more than the Xbox is.

So you have games on the PS4 that could be much much better, but they're being held back for "parity's" sake.

This is actually a perfect example, over the last month I've been playing AC: Black Flag and AC: Rogue. I noticed a huge drop in not only storytelling but many glitches which caused my system to freeze up and require a hard reset. The only other games that have ever given my PS3 problems like that was Fallout 3: GOTY and it's sequel New Vegas. But my point is that I believe they were doing Rogue and the next gen's Unity at the same time and I read that to suffers from the same problems as Rogue. It was a real letdown to because I LOVED Black Flag, played the hell out of it last year but didn't finish the main story cause I was so busy pirating and killing, that game is like GTA but with ships. Anyways I recently started a whole new campaign and finished the main story before moving on to Rogue where I was just pretty much let down across the board. While yes they added fun new weapons, it felt like a carbon copy of Black Flag but without any of the same fun or the great story to keep me playing to see what happened next.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/26/2015, 8:03 pm

Hello SEXY!  Twisted Evil That look is killer!

I didn't think he'd be in this one. AWESOME!

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 4/27/2015, 8:22 am

detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/27/2015, 12:17 pm

Holy shit, things are looking pretty fucking epic.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/27/2015, 3:28 pm

RIGHT! This game looks fucking awesome! And not only Nightwing but Robin/Tim too? Twisted Evil I hope they're playable though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/28/2015, 12:46 am

You guys love these Arkham games something fierce. I wasn't ever able to finish one, I didn't care for all the button mashing they required but obviously I'm the only one.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/28/2015, 8:04 pm

It's not button mashing if you know what you're doing.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next