BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The DC Animated Universe (Batman Hush - July 20, 2019)

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The DC Animated Universe (Batman Hush - July 20, 2019) - Page 3 Empty Re: The DC Animated Universe (Batman Hush - July 20, 2019)

Post by WyldeMan 5/4/2016, 11:45 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:They kept the cover the same as the comic. Nice!

And timed the release for one week before Skwad.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The DC Animated Universe (Batman Hush - July 20, 2019) - Page 3 Empty Re: The DC Animated Universe (Batman Hush - July 20, 2019)

Post by WyldeMan 6/2/2016, 2:32 pm

Bruce Timm Says There's A BATGIRL Mini-Arc Before THE KILLING JOKE Begins
When developing their animated adaptation of Batman: The Killing Joke, executive producer Bruce Timm stated that they had two options - pad out the Alan Moore's storyline or craft a short introduction to Batgirl before the events of The Killing Joke begins.  

According to Timm, it would have been a bit sacrilegious to tamper with the source material so he, director Sam Liu and the rest of the creative team chose the latter option.  "We thought if we were going to expand this to feature length, we didn’t want to just pad out the original story by putting in a bunch of stuff between sequences of the story, because it’s literally a whole other half of movie that we could add. So we took that opportunity to basically tell a Batgirl story, which we don’t often get a chance to do these days. And it was great, because we could spend more time with her as a character and get to understand what she’s all about and how she’s similar to Batman in some ways, and really different in others. They come at the crime fighting thing from two completely different places. The good side of that is we get to spend more time with her and learn that she’s an interesting character. We get to really like her. The bad side of that is that we get to like her so much that when The Killing Joke part of the story happens, it’s, like, 'Oh, no!', because we really like her. So it’s a double-edged sword."

With Timm discussing how the film starts and the focus on building up Batgirl before the elements of The Killing Joke start to bring her back down, it will be interesting to see if the film sticks with the original ending for the graphic novel or whether Timm and co. tack on an original epilogue in addition to the prologue?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/2/2016, 5:11 pm

I like that idea. That's a great way to do it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/7/2016, 2:48 pm

'Justice League Dark' Heads Towards Animation
The DC Animated Universe (Batman Hush - July 20, 2019) - Page 3 Justic10
The live-action Justice League Dark movie might be on the back burner after Guillermo del Toro's departure as director, but DC Entertainment's supernatural superhero team will get their own movie nonetheless — as a direct-to-DVD animated release.

The existence of the animated Justice League Dark was revealed by the British Board of Film Classification, which stated that the upcoming Batman: The Killing Joke animated home release will contain a bonus feature titled "A Sneak Peak at Justice League Dark." Such features are a regular occurrence on DC's animated releases, acting as announcement and teaser for the next release from the animation studio.

Del Toro's live-action JLD — also known as Dark Universe — was first mentioned in 2013 as a project that would team John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Zatanna and other supernatural characters in DC's portfolio against an unknown threat. Last year, the Pacific Rim director said that he may not be involved beyond scripting, however: "It all depends on the calendar, you know?" he explained.

Justice League Dark launched as a comic book property in 2011, featuring a number of DC's supernatural and horror characters — including the Enchantress, who appears in August's Suicide Squad movie — coming together under the leadership of John Constantine, Madame Xanadu and Zatanna to deal with threats that regular superheroes didn't even know existed. The series was cancelled last year ahead of an announced relaunch under the title Dark Universe which has yet to appear.

More details on the project will likely accompany the animated Batman: The Killing Joke, which will be released digitally July 23, ahead of a Blu-ray and DVD release Aug. 2.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/7/2016, 4:36 pm

After BvS, I doubt we'll see this movie get made. Not any time soon. Better to make it animated first though, I personally don't know anything about JL Dark.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/7/2016, 5:58 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:After BvS, I doubt we'll see this movie get made. Not any time soon. Better to make it animated first though, I personally don't know anything about JL Dark.

Constantine is their leader.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/8/2016, 12:47 pm

The DC Animated Universe (Batman Hush - July 20, 2019) - Page 3 Killin10

Fathom Events is teaming up with Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment to bring the acclaimed graphic novel-turned-film, Batman: The Killing Joke, to select cinemas nationwide for one night only on Monday, July 25, 2016. The R-rated animated film will screen at 7:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. local time at theaters.

“Fathom Events is thrilled to be able to bring ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ to movie theaters across the country so fans can see it on the big screen,” Fathom Events Vice President of Studio Relations Tom Lucas said. “Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment have created an amazing production based on a beloved graphic novel, and we’re honored to be a part of this release.”

“Fans have been clamoring for a theatrical release of the popular DC Universe Original Movies, and the highly anticipated ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ presented a perfect opportunity to work with Fathom Events to bring the fans’ wishes to fruition for this special, limited release,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing.

Tickets for Batman: The Killing Joke can be purchased online beginning Friday, June 17 by visiting FathomEvents.com or at participating theater box offices. Fans throughout the U.S. will be able to enjoy the event in select movie theaters through Fathom’s Digital Broadcast Network. You can find a a complete list of theater locations by clicking here.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/7/2016, 10:10 am

The film will also enjoy a one-night theatrical run on July 25th via Fathom Events. What’s more, Fathom announced this morning that the animated superhero spectacle will be their biggest roll-out ever, with the film screening in 1,075 theaters nationwide.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/14/2016, 9:05 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/14/2016, 3:07 pm

Who's going to see this in theaters? I think I'll wait for it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2016, 6:32 am

Mark Hamill may have been in London for all things Star Wars during the “Star Wars Celebration,” but that didn’t stop him from indulging his Bat-fans. While Hamill was in attendance for his role in Star Wars: Episode VIII, he unfortunately will not be attending San Diego Comic-Con for his involvement in Sam Liu’s Batman: The Killing Joke. Perhaps keeping that in mind, Hamill carved out some time to talk about the highly anticipated, R-rated, animated adaptation of the acclaimed graphic novel.

In a clip from his panel “An Hour with Mark Hamill” (via CBM), the man behind the voice of the Joker (from Batman: The Animated Series and the upcoming feature film) gave the audience a treat when he read a short monologue as the Clown Prince of Crime. It was a thrilling little bonus surprise for attendees, one punctuated with the Joker’s signature laugh, as has been made infamous by Hamill himself.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/18/2016, 7:32 pm

I love watching him perform
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2016, 10:09 am

KILLING JOKE Gets A Second Screening Night
The special screening for Batman: The Killing Joke kicks off on Monday, July 25th on over 1,000 screens but after bumping up the theater count, Fathom Events has determined that fan demand was still not being met and have decided to add an additional night of screenings.  You'll now have until Tuesday, July 26th to catch the film at your local theater.  On their official website, Fathom writes, " Due to unprecedented demand, a second date and two additional show times have been added. Participating locations for July 26 are limited and ticketing is being set up continuously so click on the orange “Buy Tickets” button to purchase today. If online ticketing is not available for your location, please check back often or visit the local movie theater box office."  

Catching the film in theaters will reward you with a special introduction from Joker voice-actor Mark Hamill and a behind-the-scenes look at the film's production after the credits roll. 

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/22/2016, 10:29 am

TKJ has hit torrent sites everywhere, the ones left standing anyways. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/22/2016, 3:53 pm

It's a blu-ray too. Damn, putting this in theaters was probably not a good idea. I do want it to make money though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/23/2016, 11:52 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:It's a blu-ray too. Damn, putting this in theaters was probably not a good idea. I do want it to make money though.

It's a limited engagement solely for the fans and not about trying to recoup budget.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/24/2016, 10:19 am

I watched it last night and I liked it. The animation could have been better, they could have updated it slightly. It looked really bad at times, it's ok when it's in the comics but when it's animation, you have to improve it slightly. Barbara looked great though. It's only noticeable with Batman. I'd say it looked better towards the end or maybe it was just me.

And without spoiling it, something happens with Barbara that confused the hell out of me. I will elaborate once you guys have seen it as well. This is something that never happened in the comics. I didn't like it.

As for the ending, I always thought it ended one way but it's done differently here.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/25/2016, 10:04 am

Sounds like the panel didn't go so well.

Batman: The Killing Joke I The R-rated, animated adaptation of the landmark graphic novel became mired in controversy when the team added a backstory featuring a sexual relationship between Batman and Batgirl. Following the world premiere, the audience Q&A portion became contentious, at one point devolving into a shouting match between creators and fans and seeing screenwriter Brian Azzarello call a fan who questioned the sex scene a "pussy." The subsequent news coverage focused on the controversy, rather than Mark Hamill's well received performance as The Joker, which added layers of humanity to the character never before portrayed on screen.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/25/2016, 10:06 am

There you go. That's the part I mentioned earlier. I always thought it was Robin who had a thing with Barbara.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/25/2016, 6:10 pm

Bruce Timm added the relationship between Bruce and Barb in previous animated projects. I think it's implied in The New Batman Adventures and touched on even more in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. I don't hate it, I've never thought of Barbara as a surrogate daughter the way most of the Robins have been a surrogate (or actual) son.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/26/2016, 9:45 am

Tyger wrote:Bruce Timm added the relationship between Bruce and Barb in previous animated projects. I think it's implied in The New Batman Adventures and touched on even more in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. I don't hate it, I've never thought of Barbara as a surrogate daughter the way most of the Robins have been a surrogate (or actual) son.

Bruce was always portrayed as a playboy yet "fans" go crazy when he lives up to reputation.  Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/26/2016, 10:22 am

Bruce usually just pretends to be a playboy though, which seems silly when you get older, you'd think those women would talk and he'd just look more suspicious...or gay
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/26/2016, 10:42 am

Tyger wrote:Bruce usually just pretends to be a playboy though, which seems silly when you get older, you'd think those women would talk and he'd just look more suspicious...or gay

Yet he still finds himself surrounded by gorgeous women with a penchant for black leather.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/26/2016, 5:17 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Bruce was always portrayed as a playboy yet "fans" go crazy when he lives up to reputation.  Razz

For random women he's a playboy, not for someone like Barbara.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/26/2016, 9:19 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Bruce was always portrayed as a playboy yet "fans" go crazy when he lives up to reputation.  Razz

For random women he's a playboy, not for someone like Barbara.

They're "special friends" and besides younger girls always love older men with money.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2016, 9:07 am

KILLING JOKE Debuted With An Impressive $3.1 Million Yesterday Evening
The demand for Batman: The Killing Joke was so high that Warner Bros. decided to give it a limited two day theatrical run, and it seems that's paid off in a big way for them. Box Office Mojo reports that the animated feature earned a solid $3.175 million yesterday, a figure which isn't all that far behind what many wide releases earn during their Thursday night showings. This figure obviously doesn't take into account viewings from today or overseas, so it will be very interesting to see exactly how high it goes. 

Debuting in 1325 theaters, you have to believe that the success of Batman: The Killing Joke could very well lead to us seeing more of these animated DC Comics adaptations on the big screen. Who know, their days of being direct to home video movies could be nearing an end after impressive performance.

We'll just have to wait and see, but that controversy about Batman and Batgirl certainly doesn't seem to have hurt the movie that much despite some people getting seriously worked up about the whole situation.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/27/2016, 10:31 am

WyldeMan wrote:They're "special friends" and besides younger girls always love older men with money.

That's true. I just wish it played out differently. Never have I once seen them two hook up, it really was a father-daughter/mentor thing to my eyes. They added the Batgirl story just to make it longer. I would have preferred new scenes towards the end that expands on that final confrontation. It's still a good movie, wasn't better than Under the Red Hood though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/27/2016, 11:22 am

Her father is alive. Mentor, sure, and it's not like young women ever sleep with their mentors.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2016, 1:20 pm

Tyger wrote:Her father is alive. Mentor, sure, and it's not like young women ever sleep with their mentors.

That would be like a young coed sleeping with her professor. UNHEARD OF! Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/27/2016, 2:53 pm

Just meant that they had that kind of relationship. They really did try and sexualize Barbara, did you guys see that scene where she's running and the close-up of the ass and tit? What was that? Neutral
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/25/2016, 8:42 am

The DC Animated Universe (Batman Hush - July 20, 2019) - Page 3 Young-10

Of all the shows Netflix could revive for another season, Young Justice season 3 is a definite option. DC’s animated show about a team of teen superheroes premiered in 2010 and got the axe in 2013. The streaming service released the first two seasons on its platform, while hope for a potential season 3 pickup has been kept alive. Amid new rumors that it’s now a done deal, original writer Peter David took to his personal blog to clear things up.

A few days ago, a Reddit user posted about a conversation with David at Connecticut’s TerrificCon Comic-Con. The writer allegedly told the fan that he had a meeting with Netflix about Young Justice season 3. Since then, David took to Twitter to confirm he was misquoted, but he’s keeping fan hopes alive.

He stated that series creator Greg Weisman said that “Netflix is seriously considering ordering a third season because they’re impressed with how much people are watching it.” However, it’s far from a sure thing.

That’s what I’ve been saying for the past month, countless times, ever since I had lunch with Greg before San Diego. Seems pretty straightforward.

And suddenly I’ve been getting barraged with tweets and emails from fans asking me if it’s true that I’ve had a meeting with Netflix about writing the third season. Why? Because someone asked me the question at the recent Terrificon in Connecticut and, rather than report the answer I’ve given at least a hundred times, he instead provided his own version. I’ve no doubt it was an innocent mistake, but it’s caused a MAJOR headache for me.

Furthermore I’m now worried it could do damage to the cause, because people might think, “We did it! There’s gonna be a third season, done deal!” and then stop watching. Which would then cause Netflix to say, “Hunh, people have stopped watching, guess it was just a passing fad,” and that’s that.
So I will say it once more: It is NOT a done deal. So continue watching Young Justice if you want to have a hope of a third season.

Young Justice featured a strike team made up of sidekicks — Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, Superboy, and Artemis — that executed covert missions for the Justice League. Other members, like Zatanna, were added, but the time jump in season 2 saw them grown up with a number of additional forces, including Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Wonder Girl, and Beast Boy.

Given Netflix’s array of kid-friendly humor, including Voltron: Legendary Defender, Young Justice season 3 would fit right in. Just keep watching, folks!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/25/2016, 1:24 pm

He said exactly the same thing last Summer, "just keep watching" LOL. Come on guys....it can happen!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/25/2016, 2:55 pm

Wish they would just do it already. Netflix would get viewers if they did do a season 3. People can only watch the first 2 seasons so many times.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/7/2016, 7:48 am

Hamill And Conroy Tease HUSH And A DEATH IN THE FAMILY Animated Films
The DC Animated Universe (Batman Hush - July 20, 2019) - Page 3 Mark_h10

Are Batman: Hush and A Death in the Family set to be included in the next slate of DC Animated films? That's certainly what Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy seemingly indicated to the audience during their Canada 2016 Fan Expo panel.  

During the fan Q&A portion of the event, someone asked what titles were currently in development at Warner Bros. Animation's direct-to-video DC film department, which led Conroy to turn and ask Hamill, "What do you think about Hush?" Naturally, this produced some 'oohs and ahhs' from the audience.  However, the crowd went absolutely wild when Hamill then followed up and asked Conroy, "Well, what do you think about A Death in the Family?"  Are Conroy and Hamill having a lark with their fans or are animated adaptations of  Jeph Loeb's Hush and Jim Starlin's A Death in the Family really in the works?

At this past SDCC, the next slate of DC Animated films were announced and revealed to consist of Justice League Dark, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract and an original Bruce Timm feature titled Batman and Harley Quinn.  Could Hush and Death in the Family be slated for release in the next cycle of DC Animated DTV features?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/7/2016, 9:50 am

You can't do Hush in 75 minutes.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

The DC Animated Universe (Batman Hush - July 20, 2019) - Page 3 Empty Young Justice - Season 3

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/7/2016, 9:16 pm

The DC Animated Universe (Batman Hush - July 20, 2019) - Page 3 Tumblr10

Warner Bros. has just confirmed plans for Young Justice Season 3!

Fans demanded it and today Warner Bros. Animation is pleased to confirm, Young Justice Season 3 is on the way! The studio has begun production on a third season that will bring all-new episodes of the acclaimed hit series, based on the characters from DC Entertainment. You can check out the Young Justice Season 3 teaser poster in the gallery viewer below.

In Young Justice, the teenage Super Heroes of the DC Universe come of age in a world of super powers, Super-Villains and super secrets. Used strategically as the secret covert weapon of the Justice League, Nightwing, Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and a host of others strive to prove to their legendary mentors, as well as to themselves, that they have what it takes to be heroes.

Heralded by Entertainment Weekly as one of the “9 Best Animated TV Series Drawn from Comics,” Young Justice has been equally praised by critics and viewers for its impressive visuals and rich storytelling. The series reached more than 25 million unique viewers in each of its two seasons on Cartoon Network.

“The affection that fans have had for ‘Young Justice,’ and their rallying cry for more episodes, has always resonated with us,” said Sam Register, President, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Digital Series. “We are excited to bring the show back for this loyal fanbase and to provide an opportunity for new viewers to discover this excellent series.”

Producers Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman: Doomsday) and Greg Weisman (Star Wars Rebels, Gargoyles) will be returning for Young Justice Season 3.

Further details about Young Justice Season 3 — including premiere date and network partner — will be announced at a later time.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/8/2016, 9:05 am

Khary Payton debuts on The Walking Dead as King Ezekiel to good fan fare last week and now YJ season 3 is suddenly a go after years of talks?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/8/2016, 8:12 pm

I KNOW!!!! I've been so hopeful about this and I can't believe they finally listened. You don't cancel a good thing like this and keep it buried damn it. I hope it's on Netflix because I have a feeling a lot of people are going to tune in and raise those viewing numbers.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/8/2017, 11:16 am

Saw Justice League Dark last night and it was pretty good. These animation movies are always good. It was nice to see Constantine showing his full skills. I wish we saw more of that in the cancelled NBC show. Matt Ryan is a great Constantine though whether it's on TV or animated movie. If they ever make this into a film, he should play the character. Especially if it's rated R, I can only imagine what that would be like.

I was surprised to find out that Jeremy Davies who played the same character in the TV show also voiced him in this. I recognized him immediately by his voice. That was cool!

This movie also made me realize that I want to see more of Zatana in the future animated movies, DCEU or TV shows. She's incredibly powerful and a character that needs to be acknowledged more.

R rated animated movies is really nice, it started out pretty dark right away with all the killings. I hope we get more R ratings in the future animated movies.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2017, 1:22 pm

DC Digital Service To Launch With ‘Titans’ Series From Berlanti & Goldsman And ‘Young Justice: Outsiders’
Warner Bros is making a big move in digital with one of its flagship brands. Warner Bros and DC Entertainment are behind a new, DC-branded service that will debut in 2018 with two high-profile comic book-themed original TV series: the live-action Titans, from the king of the CW DC universe Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV, and the anticipated revival of cult animated series Young Justice, from Warner Bros Animation. It will be titled Young Justice: Outsiders.

The DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital platform, in the works for the past several months, marks the second major new service launched by Warner Bros Digital Networks — the division started last year with the mandate of building WB-owned digital and OTT video services — following the recently introduced animation-driven Boomerang. The DC-branded platform is expected to offer more than a traditional OTT service; it is designed as an immersive experience with fan interaction and will encompass comics as well as TV series.

Titans, written by Goldsman (Star Trek: Discovery, Underground), DC Entertainment president & chief creative officer Johns (The Flash, Arrow) and Berlanti (Arrow, DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow, The Flash, Supergirl), explores one of the most popular comic book teams ever. It follows a group of young soon-to-be superheroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In the action-adventure series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes that includes Starfire, Raven and others.

Goldsman, Johns and Berlanti Prods’ Berlanti and Schechter (Arrow, DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow, The Flash, Supergirl) executive produce Titans, from Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros Television.

A live-action Titans was originally ordered as a pilot by Warner Bros TV sibling TNT in 2014, with Goldsman writing the adaptation alongside Marc Haimes. The regime change at TNT put the project in limbo, and it ultimately did not go forward.

WBTV and DC then brought Titans under the purview of Berlanti, who oversees all four DC/WBTV superhero drama series on the CW as well as the CW Seed DC animated series Constantine. Berlanti teamed for what is a new take on the Titans characters with Goldsman and Johns, who also co-wrote The Flash pilot with Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg. There was stong interest in the project from outside, including from an SVOD provider, but Warner Bros opted to make the show a cornerstone of the new DC digital service.

In Young Justice: Outsiders, the teenage superheroes of the DC Universe come of age in an animated world of superpowers, super villains and super secrets. In the new season, the team faces its greatest challenge as it takes on meta-human trafficking and the terrifying threat it creates for a society caught in the crossfire of a genetic arms race spanning the globe and the galaxy.

Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) is executive producing. The show’s creators Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman are producers; with the series’ Phil Bourassa also returning to serve as art director.

Praised by critics and DC fans for its impressive visuals and rich storytelling, Young Justice aired for two seasons on Cartoon Network, from 2010-2013, before it was cancelled, triggering a crowdfunding effort to bring it back. The series won a primetime Emmy for Individual Achievement in Animation for Bousassa for the “Independence Day” episode in 2011.

Following months of speculation, Warner Bros Animation last November announced it has begun  production on a third season of all-new episodes. At the time there was no network, with the series testing the marketplace, and was rumored as a possibility for Netflix, which carries the existing two seasons of Young Justice. But Warner Bros decided to run Young Justice: Outsiders on the new DC platform.

Titans marks the first live-action series in the digital space for DC Entertainment, which has seven broadcast series on the air, Supergirl, Arrow, Flash, DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow and iZombie on the CW, and Gotham and Lucifer on Fox.

The use of established titles with strong fan following like Titans and Young Justice to jump-start the new DC-branded service is reminiscent of CBS’ bet on a new Star Trek series and a Good Wife spinoff, The Good Fight, for its CBS All Access as new platforms often rely on built-in awareness and name recognition to stand out in the competitive digital space.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/20/2017, 6:51 pm

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is being released on Blu-ray in July by Warner Archive. The bad thing about that is you can only get it online (which is how most of us shop anyway) and no new features. The good news is though Warner Archive is Manufactured on Demand, their Blu-rays are actually pressed, not burned. WA also has a great reputation on their transfers and they did a new scan and we get both the widescreen theatrical AR as well as the open matte home video AR. I'm pretty damn psyched. I'm not sure if I've ever been as excited by a BD announcement.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/28/2018, 12:13 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/16/2019, 1:16 pm

The DC Animated Universe (Batman Hush - July 20, 2019) - Page 3 Batman10
Batman: Hush boasts a stellar voice cast led by primetime television stars Jason O’Mara (The Man In The High Castle) and Jennifer Morrison (Once Upon A Time) as the voices of Batman/Bruce Wayne and Catwoman/Selina Kyle, respectively. The cast also includes Jerry O’Connell (Carter, Billions, Stand By Me) as Superman, Rebecca Romijn (The Librarians, X-Men) as Lois Lane, Rainn Wilson (The Office) as Lex Luthor, Vanessa Williams (Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty) as Amanda Waller, Jason Spisak (Young Justice) as Joker, Peyton List (Bunk’d, Jessie) as Batgirl, Peyton List (Gotham, Mad Men, The Flash) as Poison Ivy, Geoffrey Arend (Madam Secretary) as the Riddler, Sean Maher (Firefly) as Nightwing, Maury Sterling (Homeland) as Thomas Elliot, Bruce Thomas (Legally Blonde, Kyle XY) as Jim Gordon, Adam Gifford (Longmire) as Bane, Sachie Alessio (Justice League Dark) as Lady Shiva, Stuart Allan (Teen Titans: The Judas Contract) as Damian Wayne, James Garrett (Batman: Bad Blood) as Alfred, Hynden Walch (Teen Titans Go!) as Harley Quinn, Chris Cox (Family Guy) as Scarecrow, and Tara Strong (Batman: The Killing Joke, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!) as Reporter.

Director Justin Copeland (Reign of the Supermen) helms Batman: Hush from a script by Ernie Altbacker (Teen Titans: The Judas Contract). Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) & Alan Burnett (Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay) are co-producers. Amy McKenna (The Death of Superman) is producer. Michael Uslan is executive producer. Executive Producers are Sam Register and James Tucker (Reign of the Supermen).

The feature-length animated film arrives from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Digital starting July 20, 2019, and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, and Blu-ray Combo Pack on August 13, 2019.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/16/2019, 5:18 pm

This looks good. Definitely a watch for me. Never heard of Hush.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/16/2019, 5:25 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:This looks good. Definitely a watch for me. Never heard of Hush.

Yes you have, I used to mention it all the time as one of my all-time favorite Batman stories. You just weren't paying attention to my words. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next