BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

+4
UltimateMarvel
joey con carne
WyldeMan
GrooThePerverted
8 posters

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 20 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Rusty 5/29/2018, 6:47 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:All I think of when I hear Secretariat is BoJak Horseman Very Happy

I've seen that listed on Netflix countless times but have yet to watch it.

Fucking hilarious. Easy binge.

I can only handle Arnett's voice in moderation but I'll give it a shot.

It's offset by the soothing sound of Ms Alison Brie Very Happy

... and the hilarity of Aaron Paul.

Highly recommended.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 20 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 5/29/2018, 8:11 pm

Rusty wrote:It's offset by the soothing sound of Ms Alison Brie Very Happy

... and the hilarity of Aaron Paul.

Highly recommended.

Huh.....you may have sold me on checking it out.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/25/2018, 3:32 pm

Finally got around to watching IT. Popped up on Netflix last week.

Major disappointment. Pretty standard fare and leaves a lot to be desired. Didn't start to get interesting until mullet head kills his old man, and once they get down into the the house and down the water well, it picks up steam a little, but pretty lackluster all around.

Glad I didn't pay for it. I would have been pissed if I paid to see this in a cinema.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/11/2018, 2:01 pm

One of the most underrated teen movies of the 80s IMO. I hadn't seen it in years and I'd forgotten how fucked up the ending was. Shocked

Diane Franklin Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil . 'Virgin' was her first film but she was also in the Cusack classic 'Better off Dead' and 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures'. Cool

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 20 2ci4ao10
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/11/2018, 9:43 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Holy shit. I remember hiring this on VHS, but I don't ever remember watching it. Took me forever to hire it because I could only hire R rated films when certain people were behind the counter. I would have been 11 or 12 at the time. Cool
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/12/2018, 5:12 am

[quote="Rusty"]
WyldeMan wrote:
[center]Holy shit. I remember hiring this on VHS, but I don't ever remember watching it. Took me forever to hire it because I could only hire R rated films when certain people were behind the counter. I would have been 11 or 12 at the time. Cool

It's one of those 80's movies that never aired on cable so I too found an old VHS copy when I was a young kid but I never had rental restrictions, my parents let me rent whatever R rated film I chose with my own video store account by the age of ten, so I watched a lot of movies that were way too adult for me then and Last American Virgin was definitely one of those that was too grown for a kid of that age to grasp. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/15/2018, 6:26 pm

Just saw Tag

Jeremy Renner has better stunts in this than any of his Marvel movies, Mission Impossible or Bourne, possibly combined.

It was pretty much exactly what I expected. Not great, but I liked it.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/16/2018, 12:04 am

Tyger wrote:Just saw Tag

Jeremy Renner has better stunts in this than any of his Marvel movies, Mission Impossible or Bourne, possibly combined.

It was pretty much exactly what I expected. Not great, but I liked it.

I want to see that. Trailer looks fun.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/3/2018, 1:53 pm

Watched Truth or Dare. This isn't horror, this was a funny movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/3/2018, 3:18 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Watched Truth or Dare. This isn't horror, this was a funny movie.

If ladies don't get freaky in a game of truth or dare than it's a failure, so by those rules, how does the movie fare?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/3/2018, 3:44 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Watched Truth or Dare. This isn't horror, this was a funny movie.

If ladies don't get freaky in a game of truth or dare than it's a failure, so by those rules, how does the movie fare?

Lets just say it's not a complete failure. There is some action but not freaky action, it's a short one. It was entertaining, you should check it out if you're bored and don't have anything to watch.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/3/2018, 3:50 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Lets just say it's not a complete failure. There is some action but not freaky action, it's a short one. It was entertaining, you should check it out if you're bored and don't have anything to watch.

With multiple streaming subscriptions, that's entirely impossible.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/10/2018, 6:14 pm

Just watched Extinction. It's a Netflix Original starring Michael Pena, Lizzy Caplan, and Luke Cage.

I am pretty impressed with this one. It was not what I expected at all and if you are looking for a short sci-fi flick to watch with a decent performance by the actors, I say give this a go.

The kids suck, though. I get they are kids but the writers really did everything they possibly could to make the kids as annoying as possible. It's like all the writers spent a large part of their collaboration just brainstorming every single possible way for the kids to annoy the viewer.

Still, recommended!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/10/2018, 6:22 pm

joey con carne wrote:The kids suck, though. I get they are kids but the writers really did everything they possibly could to make the kids as annoying as possible. It's like all the writers spent a large part of their collaboration just brainstorming every single possible way for the kids to annoy the viewer.

Still, recommended!

Writing for children and women are two things pretty much all men are terrible at.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/10/2018, 8:59 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just watched Extinction. It's a Netflix Original starring Michael Pena, Lizzy Caplan, and Luke Cage.

I am pretty impressed with this one. It was not what I expected at all and if you are looking for a short sci-fi flick to watch with a decent performance by the actors, I say give this a go.

The kids suck, though. I get they are kids but the writers really did everything they possibly could to make the kids as annoying as possible. It's like all the writers spent a large part of their collaboration just brainstorming every single possible way for the kids to annoy the viewer.

Still, recommended!

Good to know. It popped up in my Netflix feed, and I like Pena, so I was considering watching. Now I will.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/11/2018, 5:55 am

Rusty wrote:Good to know. It popped up in my Netflix feed, and I like Pena, so I was considering watching. Now I will.

I've seen Pena in dark dramas and dark comedies and he's always great in both.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/11/2018, 4:57 pm

I loved him in Shooter. This one is a short movie. It doesn't take very long for it to kick in and then from there it's just a fun ride.

I think I'm gonna watch Hitman tonight. The one with Timothy Olyphant.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/13/2018, 7:57 pm

True Lies has been airing on Saturday night for the last two weekends. I hope it airs again this coming Saturday because I want to watch it again.... for the Xth time.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/13/2018, 11:12 pm

joey con carne wrote:True Lies has been airing on Saturday night for the last two weekends. I hope it airs again this coming Saturday because I want to watch it again.... for the Xth time.

Some of the biggest 80's/90's blockbusters aren't on any of the streaming services here, and it fucking pisses me off. I've really wanted to watch some of them recently, and I cant afford buying Blu-Rays.

The only Arnie flicks they have other than Terminator are his more recent indie flicks (Maggie, Last Stand, Sabotage). No True Lies, no Predator, not even Kindergarten Cop.

Also barely any of the good ones from the bigger names. No Rambo's, no Top Gun, no Days of Thunder. Nothing from Chuck Norris.

Fuckers.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/14/2018, 6:44 am

Kindergarten Cop aired on HBO or Showtime recently. That's a good one and I always forget about it. Love the oldies from Arnold.

You mentioned Maggie and I had never heard of that one before but I just looked it up and now I want to check it out. Thanks, dude.

The Last Stand and Sabotage were okay. I like The Last Stand more.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/14/2018, 7:00 am

Rusty wrote:Some of the biggest 80's/90's blockbusters aren't on any of the streaming services here, and it fucking pisses me off. I've really wanted to watch some of them recently, and I cant afford buying Blu-Rays.

The only Arnie flicks they have other than Terminator are his more recent indie flicks (Maggie, Last Stand, Sabotage). No True Lies, no Predator, not even Kindergarten Cop.

Also barely any of the good ones from the bigger names. No Rambo's, no Top Gun, no Days of Thunder. Nothing from Chuck Norris.

Fuckers.

Hulu currently has Predator, Running Man, Aftermath, End of Days and yes even Kindergarten Cop and I've seen several others cycle on and off including Last Action Hero, Twins, Total Recall and True Lies. There's no reason Australia shouldn't get access to them too, it's digital....

Hulu also cycles the Rocky franchise several times a year. Top Gun and Days of Thunder too.

They've got early 80's Chuck and a lot of Seagal and recently about a dozen Van Damme titles. There is always Die Hard 1-3.

They've got Highlander and Masters of the Universe, Young Guns, a couple American Ninjas, Point Break, The Rock, Judge Dredd.

They even got Passenger 57, New Jack City and Drop Zone if you're in the mood for Snipes.

Hulu has an 80s action section they keep adding to lately and added a bunch of Stephen King titles as well, Thinner AND Silver Bullet included!!! Twisted Evil
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/14/2018, 1:36 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Hulu currently has Predator, Running Man, Aftermath, End of Days and yes even Kindergarten Cop and I've seen several others cycle on and off including Last Action Hero, Twins, Total Recall and True Lies. There's no reason Australia shouldn't get access to them too, it's digital....

Hulu also cycles the Rocky franchise several times a year. Top Gun and Days of Thunder too.

They've got early 80's Chuck and a lot of Seagal and recently about a dozen Van Damme titles. There is always Die Hard 1-3.

They've got Highlander and Masters of the Universe, Young Guns, a couple American Ninjas, Point Break, The Rock, Judge Dredd.

They even got Passenger 57, New Jack City and Drop Zone if you're in the mood for Snipes.

Hulu has an 80s action section they keep adding to lately and added a bunch of Stephen King titles as well, Thinner AND Silver Bullet included!!! Twisted Evil

Fucking Young Guns!. I've been wanting to watch that for months, but no. That's another problem. My services have a lot of the sequels, but none of the originals to the shit I want. Young Guns II but no Young Guns, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey but no Excellent Adventure, and a bunch or other part 2's, and 3's, but very few originals.

Why the fuck would I want to watch part 2 if I can't first watch part 1? Arseholes.

The only way for me to get Hulu is by getting a VPN as well, because it's not available in Australia, which will essentially double the cost. Not worth it at this point. Plus I would also need to get an Amex card, or a virtual US credit Card with a US mailing address.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/14/2018, 2:17 pm

Rusty wrote:Fucking Young Guns!. I've been wanting to watch that for months, but no. That's another problem. My services have a lot of the sequels, but none of the originals to the shit I want. Young Guns II but no Young Guns, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey but no Excellent Adventure, and a bunch or other part 2's, and 3's, but very few originals.

Why the fuck would I want to watch part 2 if I can't first watch part 1? Arseholes.

The only way for me to get Hulu is by getting a VPN as well, because it's not available in Australia, which will essentially double the cost. Not worth it at this point. Plus I would also need to get an Amex card, or a virtual US credit Card with a US mailing address.

They added Young Guns and Guns II on the same day a few weeks back. Hulu has been really good for the most part about adding sequels and originals at the same time though occasionally you'll see a couple sequels without the original but after a few months they typically show up too.

Over the next year Hulu's catalog is going to double in size when the Disney/Fox merger goes through since Hulu will be the adult streaming service per Disney so I cannot imagine the content that they'll be sending Hulu's way before long.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

You should check out the free VPN offered through ProtonMail, I use their swiss based VPN and email, it's a great and secure service. Proton VPN
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/14/2018, 4:54 pm

God damn it, guys. This topic is "Movies You've Watched Recently" not "Streaming Services". I've reported both of you guys to the admin/mods.

Enjoy your incoming bans.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/14/2018, 5:00 pm

joey con carne wrote:God damn it, guys. This topic is "Movies You've Watched Recently" not "Streaming Services". I've reported both of you guys to the admin/mods.

Enjoy your incoming bans.

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 20 Giphy

I'm currently watching re-watching a favorite of mine, Primal Fear.

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 20 Tumblr_oqxq1dnaou1tlx6yfo2_500
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/14/2018, 5:32 pm

Primal Fear is fucked up. Not so much the ending but just what Roy/A-a-a-a-a-aaron went through.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/14/2018, 6:54 pm

joey con carne wrote:Primal Fear is fucked up. Not so much the ending but just what Roy/A-a-a-a-a-aaron went through.

Probably one of the greatest twist ending movies I've ever seen to this day. It was the movie that made me a Norton fan.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/14/2018, 6:58 pm

joey con carne wrote:Kindergarten Cop aired on HBO or Showtime recently. That's a good one and I always forget about it. Love the oldies from Arnold.

You mentioned Maggie and I had never heard of that one before but I just looked it up and now I want to check it out. Thanks, dude.

The Last Stand and Sabotage were okay. I like The Last Stand more.

Regarding Maggie, just know that Arnie only has a small role. Its very different than anything else he’s done, and he’s really good in it, but if you’re watching it just for Arnie you may be disappointed.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/14/2018, 8:11 pm

Rusty wrote:Regarding Maggie, just know that Arnie only has a small role. Its very different than anything else he’s done, and he’s really good in it, but if you’re watching it just for Arnie you may be disappointed.

Really? And I was sure zombie dad was going to finally be his triumphant return.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/14/2018, 9:07 pm

Did anyone here watch Slender Man? It was the only movie available via MoviePass over the weekend. I didn't see it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/15/2018, 6:53 am

Watched Tag, crazy how this is based on a real thing. Movie was fun and cast was great.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/15/2018, 9:04 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Watched Tag, crazy how this is based on a real thing. Movie was fun and cast was great.

Was there any violent big twists in the end like mass murder instead of a happy wedding after a game of tag?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/15/2018, 11:57 pm

joey con carne wrote:Did anyone here watch Slender Man? It was the only movie available via MoviePass over the weekend. I didn't see it.

It appears to be a piece of shit. I'll be steering clear.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/16/2018, 6:31 am

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Watched Tag, crazy how this is based on a real thing. Movie was fun and cast was great.

Was there any violent big twists in the end like mass murder instead of a happy wedding after a game of tag?

What kind of movie do you think this is? LOL! Nope. No twists here, it's kinda predictable actually.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/17/2018, 7:48 pm

Watched Mile 22 today.

The story was okay but the way it was told was bleh. Don't worry, I am not spoiling anything by saying this but the entire movie is told from the perspective of Mark Wahlberg who is being interviewed. During a decent portion of the film, he's just talking and, not necessarily narrating, but just trying to sound smart.

Ronda Rousey had a fairly simple role. Let's face it, the only reason she is in movies is because of who she is. Her acting is shit so they just typically give her roles with minimal speaking. She will definitely improve with more roles.

And, of course, the thing I hate the most. THE FUCKING MOST. Iko Uwais is a pretty talented guy and was great in The Raid and The Raid 2. But this director/cinematographer/director of photography sucked. They don't know how to shoot a proper fight scene so as soon as Iko Uwais was ready to throw down, they zoomed in all the way and shook the camera as much as possible. Lazy and untalented filming.

Not recommended as a theater viewing but I would recommend it as a download as long as you're not paying for it. Wait for it to hit Netflix or Hulu if you have those services.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/17/2018, 8:08 pm

joey con carne wrote:And, of course, the thing I hate the most. THE FUCKING MOST. Iko Uwais is a pretty talented guy and was great in The Raid and The Raid 2. But this director/cinematographer/director of photography sucked. They don't know how to shoot a proper fight scene so as soon as Iko Uwais was ready to throw down, they zoomed in all the way and shook the camera as much as possible. Lazy and untalented filming.

Iko is a fucking beast but Peter Berg is an untalented, massively over hyped cunt, who owes his current career to Wahlberg's willingness to continuously star in his shitty action movies where Wahlberg is the last man standing.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 20 Empty The Mod Squad (1999)

Post by Rusty 8/17/2018, 11:10 pm

The Mod Squad (1999)

An underrated fave from back in the day. Hadn't watched this in over 15 years. Still fun. I watched anything Ribisi after I saw Suburbia. Ribisi, Epps, and Danes were great together.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/17/2018, 11:20 pm

joey con carne wrote:Watched Mile 22 today.

The story was okay but the way it was told was bleh. Don't worry, I am not spoiling anything by saying this but the entire movie is told from the perspective of Mark Wahlberg who is being interviewed. During a decent portion of the film, he's just talking and, not necessarily narrating, but just trying to sound smart.

Ronda Rousey had a fairly simple role. Let's face it, the only reason she is in movies is because of who she is. Her acting is shit so they just typically give her roles with minimal speaking. She will definitely improve with more roles.

And, of course, the thing I hate the most. THE FUCKING MOST. Iko Uwais is a pretty talented guy and was great in The Raid and The Raid 2. But this director/cinematographer/director of photography sucked. They don't know how to shoot a proper fight scene so as soon as Iko Uwais was ready to throw down, they zoomed in all the way and shook the camera as much as possible. Lazy and untalented filming.

Not recommended as a theater viewing but I would recommend it as a download as long as you're not paying for it. Wait for it to hit Netflix or Hulu if you have those services.

Oh that sucks. I was really looking forward to this. Trailer made it look great. Currently has 20% on Rotten Tomatoes though, so it seems you're not the only that was disappointed.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/18/2018, 7:17 am

Rusty wrote:An underrated fave from back in the day. Hadn't watched this in over 15 years. Still fun. I watched anything Ribisi after I saw Suburbia. Ribisi, Epps, and Danes were great together.

I was a big Ribisi fan back in the late 90's too cause he was everywhere and one of the most versatile actors at that time but I think I've only seen him in maybe two movies since Avatar. Though I do believe I was familiar with his twin sister Marissa because of Dazed and Confused before I ever knew about him.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/18/2018, 10:19 am

Rusty wrote:

The Mod Squad (1999)

An underrated fave from back in the day. Hadn't watched this in over 15 years. Still fun. I watched anything Ribisi after I saw Suburbia. Ribisi, Epps, and Danes were great together.

Fuck yes, you mentioned Suburbia!! That movie gets no love, man
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/18/2018, 12:36 pm

Tried to watch Alpha at my local theater. Not allowed to watch shit today with MoviePass. Luckily, my buddy got two tickets using his account and his wife's account for us at another theater.

Fuck you, MoviePass.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/18/2018, 12:41 pm

Tyger wrote:Fuck yes, you mentioned Suburbia!! That movie gets no love, man

I remember discovering Suburbia at my local Video store back in middle school, I bought a used VHS copy for $1. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/18/2018, 12:53 pm

I've never seen Suburbia. I'm going to guess by everyone's posts that movie might be worth a watch.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/18/2018, 2:06 pm

joey con carne wrote:I've never seen Suburbia. I'm going to guess by everyone's posts that movie might be worth a watch.

It's one of those cult classics that you either immediately love or don't really understand, in my shared viewing experiences.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/18/2018, 2:09 pm

I also want to add I have never seen The Mod Squad. I have heard of it, though.

Embarassed
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next