BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

+4
UltimateMarvel
joey con carne
WyldeMan
GrooThePerverted
8 posters

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 5 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Tyger 9/27/2015, 5:44 pm

They were married in that time so I'm sure that helps
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 5 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 9/27/2015, 5:48 pm

Tyger wrote:They were married in that time so I'm sure that helps

Pretty sure they met during Gattaca but I don't recall them working together again after that.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/27/2015, 6:37 pm

Holy shit.

I purchased and watched Gattaca just last week.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/27/2015, 7:11 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Pretty sure they met during Gattaca but I don't recall them working together again after that.
I figured that was probably the case. Happens somewhat often it seems. They acted together again in Tape and Uma starred in Chelsea Walls directed by Hawke.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/27/2015, 11:12 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Are you a Blade Runner fanatic who owns all 40 different cuts of the movie?

I know I saw the theatrical cut a long time ago but the only thing I retained about that movie was that I'll never like Sean Young.

So I went and watched this in the cinemas. It was fucking rad. Some things need to be seen on the big screen (at least something much bigger than your average 36" TV). This is one of them.

I must say, I found it odd how little of this I remembered ... and I watched it on Blu maybe 12-18 months ago. I remembered not a single word of dialogue. Had forgotten half the cast. Actually, the only people I remembered were Ford, Young, and Hauer. I had remembered a few scenes, but that was it.

I'm finding it more and more common that I retain very little from movies I watch. Need to see them 4-5 times before they sink in.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2015, 8:38 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:I'm finding it more and more common that I retain very little from movies I watch. Need to see them 4-5 times before they sink in.

I have that exact same problem but it's way worse if I binge a tv series that I've never seen before. I will retain names of every single character and who played them and a few big events but I tend to forget everything else.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/2/2015, 9:49 am

'Zipper' starring Patrick Wilson. And featuring great nudity from TWD's Alexandra Breckinridge, GOT's Lena Headey and TVD's Penelope Mitchell. Basically Wilson is a man slut who can't stop cheating with various gorgeous women even though he's running for Attorney General.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/22/2015, 6:57 am

Just watched The Signal with Brenton Thwaites, Beau Knapp, Lawrence Fishbourne and Olivia Cooke. The movie was pretty okay. Cliche in many parts and kind of predictable but overall it was good. Terrible and annoying soundtrack, though. I muted the movie a lot because of the soundtrack.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 11/22/2015, 9:45 am

WyldeMan wrote:

Yes.

Ethan and Uma met and fell in love while filming Gattaca.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 11/22/2015, 9:59 am

Side Effects....

This one went into a direction I didn't expect.
Solid film, never cared much for Jude Law but he was quite good.

8/10

Running Scared (2006)

Oh man, this movie was all over the place and I enjoyed it.

It literally is a comic come to life on screen.

Really miss Cameron Bright the child actor.

Paul Walker also was good and I never saw John Noble quite like that.

7/10

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 11/26/2015, 9:09 am

Turkey Day WATCHathon!

1. What's Cooking? (2000)

Underrated gem, shows four diverse families celebrating Thanksgiving.

Eating and drama ensues.

2. Pieces of April (2003)

A young woman frantically preparing Thanksgiving dinner.

For her family coming to visit her in NYC.

Last edited by ForeverBlu on 11/27/2015, 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/26/2015, 10:17 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Side Effects....

Solid film, never  cared much for Jude Law but he was quite good.

8/10

I liked it too. It had a nice twist to it. I'm glad everyone got what they deserved in the end.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 11/26/2015, 10:51 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
ForeverBlu wrote:Side Effects....

Solid film, never  cared much for Jude Law but he was quite good.

8/10

I liked it too. It had a nice twist to it. I'm glad everyone got what they deserved in the end.

Yes, they did.

Too bad Soderbergh retired from directing, but he went out on a high note.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 11/26/2015, 1:46 pm

3. Ravenous (1998)

Black comedy about cannibalism, criminally underrated.

4. The Ice Storm (1997)

Family dysfunction in suburban Conn in the 70's, during the Thanksgiving break.

Last edited by ForeverBlu on 11/27/2015, 6:17 am; edited 5 times in total

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/26/2015, 1:52 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:
4. The Ice Storm (1997)

Love this film. I have the Criterion Blu-ray. My second favourite Ang Lee film (right behind Ride With The Devil). Remember watching it when it come out. It was where my love for Christina Ricci began, that continues to this day. Great cast too.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 11/26/2015, 2:19 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:
ForeverBlu wrote:
4. The Ice Storm (1997)

Love this film. I have the Criterion Blu-ray. My second favourite Ang Lee film (right behind Ride With The Devil). Remember watching it when it come out. It was where my love for Christina Ricci began, that continues to this day. Great cast too.

I also own the Criterion blu release, of both Ice Storm and Ride With the Devil.

Haven't watched the latter yet.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 11/26/2015, 6:53 pm

5. The Myth of Fingerprints (1997)

Another family gathering on Thanksgiving, adult children returning to
their hometown.

As expected, drama and bickering ensues but everything isn't magically resolved by the end.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 11/27/2015, 6:56 am

6. No Looking Back (1998)

Not set during Thanksgiving, but is full of family and relationship drama.

Never thought much of Edward Burns as an actor, but I like a few of his movies. Mostly the 90's stuff.

This one has a great soundtrack, that includes a few from The Boss. Also a really solid performance from Jon Bon Jovi.

I highly recommend it guys.

It might be on Netflix.

It's part of a dvd set, with three of his movies.

Amazon has it for 19.99, via third party sellers.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 11/27/2015, 7:08 am

7. Ash Wednesday (2002)

Before TNT's Public Morals, Burns wrote/directed this indie flick about the Irish Mob.

Set during the early 80's in Hell's Kitchen.   This one got a  lot of hate, but I liked it.

Far from perfect, but kept my attention and interest.

Kudos to Elijah Wood for doing something different, but Frodo was miscast.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/11/2015, 3:38 am

Just watched American Hustle for the first time.

AS much as I enjoyed Amy Adams' plunging necklines, this has to be the most boring con film with the least gratifying final con of all time.

As good as the performances were, it felt like a retarded film school's interpretation of a Scorsese film.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/11/2015, 10:59 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Just watched American Hustle for the first time.

AS much as I enjoyed Amy Adams' plunging necklines, this has to be the most boring con film with the least gratifying final con of all time.

As good as the performances were, it felt like a retarded film school's interpretation of a Scorsese film.

Pretty much exactly how I felt, I loved Amy and her fantastic skin show but the movie just sucked and with that cast, it shouldn't have.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 12/11/2015, 4:59 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Just watched American Hustle for the first time.

Razz Razz Razz

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/11/2015, 7:32 pm

That should read "retarded film school student's".
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 12/12/2015, 7:05 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:That should read "retarded film school student's".

I did enjoy watching that dumb ass Ritchie get clowned.

I'll never understand the appeal of Bradley Cooper.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/10/2016, 10:17 am

Currently watching The Hundred-Foot Journey. This is a nice movie. Typical and predictable but still it's a nice feel-good movie.

Farzana Dua Elahe is beautiful.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/10/2016, 10:22 am

joey con carne wrote:Currently watching The Hundred-Foot Journey. This is a nice movie. Typical and predictable but still it's a nice feel-good movie.

Farzana Dua Elahe is beautiful.

With Helen Mirren? I keep seeing that listed on my movie guide, I swear they air it about five times a day.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/10/2016, 6:40 pm

Yes! That's the one. The movie was pretty okay. The acting was pretty good all around. I'd recommend a watch if one has free time.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/12/2016, 4:18 pm

I finally saw Black Mass.

Was pretty disappointed in it following the endless hype, this is barely a gangster movie except for a few scenes which weren't even all that accurate.

With my Whitey Bulger knowledge I found myself more annoyed by how Hollywood this story was and how they never even bothered to develop Bulger's character, it was all pretty much pulled punches. So much was left out but never the less, Depp was impressive for the first time in a long long time.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 1/12/2016, 5:40 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I finally saw Black Mass.

Was pretty disappointed in it following the endless hype, this is barely a gangster movie except for a few scenes which weren't even all that accurate.

With my Whitey Bulger knowledge I found myself more annoyed by how Hollywood this story was and how they never even bothered to develop Bulger's character, it was all pretty much pulled punches. So much was left out but never the less, Depp was impressive for the first time in a long long time.

How about Joel and Benny?

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/12/2016, 7:17 pm

... and Rory?

Not overly familiar with Whitey Bulger's story, so my expectations are all cast/performance based.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/12/2016, 8:18 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I finally saw Black Mass.

How about Joel and Benny?

Joel was good, his character was pretty one dimensional and not really developed for as much time as he spent on screen. You have no real idea who he is, he's a caricature.

Benedict was in very very few scenes and barely uttered more than a few sentences.

Kevin Bacon pops up once or twice. Adam Scott is there to look confused whenever he does.

Rusty Cunt wrote:... and Rory?

Not overly familiar with Whitey Bulger's story, so my expectations are all cast/performance based.

Rory was solid but very underused, mainly a lot of quiet intense standing. I'll always think of Rory from Empire Records so seeing him play that psychopathic fuck Steve Flemmi was a total 180.

As you can see my biggest complaint was that nobody really got any development. Everybody spends the movie talking about how evil Whitey is but they never really bother to show much of that side nor did they really give them much to work with. It's a lot of scenes relying very heavily on Depp's contacts and silence. But the movie was 2 god damned hours, when was the last time somebody made a gangster pic that fucking short? It could have and should have been another 45 minutes so there could have been some actual development. I know they shot an alternate ending which included Sienna Miller but they cut it all out so it makes me wonder how much of this movie was left on the cutting room floor.

If you aren't familiar with Whitey's story then don't expect to learn much from this at all. The documentary "Whitey: United States of America v. James J. Bulger" was way more informative about Whitey and his psychopathic friends. I'd watch that if you want an expanded version of the shit they barely scratch. Black Mass felt like a cliff notes version of that documentary.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2016, 7:40 pm

I just watched Diablo with Scott Eastwood and Walton Goggins and holy shit was that movie not at all what I thought it was. I wish it had been a lot longer cause at 77 minutes the story was severely lacking but if you're looking for a western with very little dialogue and a high body count then this is a good one to check out. I would definitely like to see Scott take on more roles like this.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/16/2016, 11:04 pm

I just watched Sicario. Good movie. Not what I expected at all. Especially the last twenty or thirty minutes. I can't remember the last time I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat during a movie.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/17/2016, 8:23 am

joey con carne wrote:I just watched Sicario. Good movie. Not what I expected at all. Especially the last twenty or thirty minutes. I can't remember the last time I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat during a movie.

Gotta agree, everytime Benicio came to dinner I was transfixed on what was happening, that guys has massive gravitas. I didn't know how that final scene was going to play out between either of them. I was sure he was going to kill her then I was sure she was going to kill him. I still can't quite see the sequel but I'm hoping Taylor Sheridan returns to write. Yesterday his next movie was announced as "Wind River" with Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/17/2016, 4:59 pm

To remember Alan Rickman's work, I watched Something the Lord Made.

Good movie all around. I never really watch movies based on actual events but this one has an 8.3 on IMDb and you know how many haters are on that site voting 1's.

Recommended just to see Alan Rickman and Mos Def.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 1/17/2016, 5:36 pm

joey con carne wrote:To remember Alan Rickman's work, I watched Something the Lord Made.

Good movie all around. I never really watch movies based on actual events but this one has an 8.3 on IMDb and you know how many haters are on that site voting 1's.

Recommended just to see Alan Rickman and Mos Def.

Been a while since I've seen that one, great performances from Rickman and Mos Def.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/24/2016, 1:52 pm

Watched 99 Homes with Garfield and Shannon. Good movie and great performances! I recommend you guys check it out.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 1/24/2016, 4:23 pm

10 til Midnight

Legend

Spotlight

Easy Money (Swedish film starring Joel Kinnaman)

Thief

The Counselor

The Longest Ride

The Godfather Saga on HBO

Need for Speed

At Close Range

Spring

The Krays

The Green Inferno

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/29/2016, 11:17 pm

Macbeth (Fassy was a god damned mad man and it was wonderful Twisted Evil )

Netflix's Mad Dogs (Pretty crazy series, I never knew what was coming next)

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/29/2016, 11:56 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Is the original series on Netflix?

I loved the pilot of the US remake with Steve Zahn.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/30/2016, 8:48 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

I have no idea if the original series is available I don't have Netflix. I was talking about the brand new American version with Steve was the one that I watched. It was nuts and he was unlike any other character I've seen him play before.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/30/2016, 4:19 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

I have no idea if the original series is available I don't have Netflix. I was talking about the brand new American version with Steve was the one that I watched. It was nuts and he was unlike any other character I've seen him play before.

Ah ok. It's just you said Netflix's Mad Dogs. It's actually an Amazon series.

Really? Oh I thought it was Netflix, lol. Like I said I DL'd it and they didn't have the network titles on the version I watched so I just thought I'd remembered it as Netflix but you are correct good sir.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/7/2016, 12:19 pm

Scarface

U-Turn

Gangster Squad

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/7/2016, 1:15 pm

The Godfather Epic (Fantastic remixing of Godfather 1 & 2 into chrono order. Mind blown!)
Frankie and Johnny

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/20/2016, 3:17 pm

Watching Bone Tomahawk.

Lili Simmons is once again topless. I think the poor girls been typecast Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next