BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Watched Recently

+4
UltimateMarvel
joey con carne
WyldeMan
GrooThePerverted
8 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 3 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by ForeverBlu 3/9/2015, 7:01 am

John Wick....

Guess folks didn't learn from Equilibruim, when they tried to hurt TDK's puppy.   Now Theon Greyjoy kills Neo's adorable puppy and ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE.

8/10

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 3 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by WyldeMan 3/9/2015, 8:16 am

ForeverBlu wrote:John Wick....

Guess folks didn't learn from Equilibruim, when they tried to hurt TDK's puppy.   Now Theon Greyjoy kills Neo's adorable puppy and ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE.

8/10

I could watch an entire prequel or tv series set at the hotel with that cast of characters, the potential is endless. I seriously hope those characters are explored in the sequels.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/9/2015, 9:26 am

WyldeMan wrote:
ForeverBlu wrote:John Wick....

8/10

I could watch an entire prequel or tv series set at the hotel with that cast of characters, the potential is endless. I seriously hope those characters are explored in the sequels.

The short dude from the Cleaning crew cracked me up.

You could see him counting the $$$$$ in his head, with John Wick back in the game.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/9/2015, 9:32 am

ForeverBlu wrote:The short dude from the Cleaning crew cracked me up.

You could see him counting the $$$$$ in his head, with John Wick back in the game.

That was the fantastic character actor David Patrick Kelly. I used to see him all the time but I don't believe I saw him again after the Longest Yard remake with Sandler until John Wick. Last Man Standing, Warriors, 48 Hours, Commando, Wild at Heart, Twin Peaks and of course The Crow, so many great characters in his career and his role as the cleaner was another great addition. I really hope to see him come back, I missed that little guy.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/9/2015, 9:35 am

Also liked Lance Reddick as the Hitman Hotel Concierge.

The Wire alumns stay working, too bad the other one was killed by Ms. Perkins.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/9/2015, 9:53 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Also liked Lance Reddick as the Hitman Hotel Concierge.

That's another reason I want a prequel.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/9/2015, 10:52 am

WyldeMan wrote:
ForeverBlu wrote:Also liked Lance Reddick as the Hitman Hotel Concierge.

That's another reason I want a prequel.

I would like to see this massive kill spree John Wick went on.

To get out of the biz back then.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/17/2015, 7:34 pm

Interstellar: Holy shit! Blown away by Nolan and his ability to think outside of the box. I didn't think he'd come close to Inception again in that regard but he did. I loved it! Great performances with great cast, amazing story, special effects and just great film all around. The length of the movie didn't bother me one bit and I didn't really notice it, perhaps because I was so into the movie. It takes you on this space journey and it's beautiful and it makes you think and sometimes I didn't even understand some of the things they were saying but enough to understand what they mean. I recommend you guys watch it!

Last edited by UltimateMarvel on 3/17/2015, 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/17/2015, 8:42 pm

I saw Interstellar at IMAX. It was fucking amazing.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/17/2015, 9:44 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:I would like to see this massive kill spree John Wick went on.

To get out of the biz back then.

Right, I would end the prequel with him leaving the family. There is sooooooo much to tell up to that point, with those side characters they could turn John Wick into an HBO or Showtime series and have a ton of material right out of the gate. I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a movie that great at world building in such a short amount of time.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/18/2015, 4:36 pm

Just saw Chappie, it was good, not great.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/18/2015, 7:24 pm

Tyger wrote:Just saw Chappie, it was good, not great.

I heard the rappers they cast in leading roles were atrocious actors.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/18/2015, 7:38 pm

Tyger wrote:I saw Interstellar at IMAX. It was fucking amazing.

I should have seen it at the theaters, this movie was worth it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/19/2015, 10:20 am

WyldeMan wrote:

I can't really say if they were atrocious actors or not considering their characters talk like they're fucking retarded for most of their scenes.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/19/2015, 11:52 am

Tyger wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

I can't really say if they were atrocious actors or not considering their characters talk like they're fucking retarded for most of their scenes.

I've seen an interview with those two and apparently they're just that retarded in real life too.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/5/2015, 7:40 pm

Man, I really need to start going to the cinemas again. This past 2 weeks I've watched 4 films that I'm kicking myself for not viewing on the big screen.

First it was Life of Pi, then in the past 2 days I've watched Looper, John Wick, and last night, Interstellar. All of which deserved more than my 40" LCD, and crappy sound bar.

Interstellar was fucking amazing. That near-3 hour flick flew by. Time to get off my arse and watch the big ones on the big screen again.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/5/2015, 9:36 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Man, I really need to start going to the cinemas again. This past 2 weeks I've watched 4 films that I'm kicking myself for not viewing on the big screen.

First it was Life of Pi, then in the past 2 days I've watched Looper, John Wick, and last night, Interstellar. All of which deserved more than my 40" LCD, and crappy sound bar.

Interstellar was fucking amazing. That near-3 hour flick flew by. Time to get off my arse and watch the big ones on the big screen again.

I hear you dude. I just saw Interstellar myself and it was awesome, I really enjoyed it. And the trailer I saw didn't show much so I didn't know what to expect and I was just blown away.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/12/2015, 6:38 pm

Watching Into the Storm. I can't stand Sarah Callies. But the interesting thing is, you know she is good actor when she makes me dislike anything she's in. Seeing her face just annoys me when I think about how much of a bitch Lori was in The Walking Dead.

This movie is all sorts of shitty. The smart thing to always do is drive towards a tornado when you are trying to keep your passengers safe.

This should be a SyFy movie. How did this make it into theaters? What made this theater-worthy and not Ice Twister, Alien Tornado, Polar Storm, etc?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/12/2015, 11:49 pm

joey con carne wrote:Watching Into the Storm. I can't stand Sarah Callies. But the interesting thing is, you know she is good actor when she makes me dislike anything she's in. Seeing her face just annoys me when I think about how much of a bitch Lori was in The Walking Dead.

This movie is all sorts of shitty. The smart thing to always do is drive towards a tornado when you are trying to keep your passengers safe.

This should be a SyFy movie. How did this make it into theaters? What made this theater-worthy and not Ice Twister, Alien Tornado, Polar Storm, etc?

I was very disappointed that they got the great Richard Armitage and didn't have him bare knuckle brawl the tornadoes away cause maybe then I may have liked the movie.

Speaking of TWD, Alycia Debnam Carey who played the girl of the oldest son, the one trapped in the hole with him, she is starring in the TWD spinoff in the fall.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 4/23/2015, 10:56 am

Jersey Boys..

Found this biopic to be a snooze fest, couldn't get into it at all.

Might give it another look in the future.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/1/2015, 9:09 pm

My local cinema is showing The Breakfast Club today and tomorrow.

Ticket is booked, and I'll be heading to the cinema for the first time in about 5 years or so.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/2/2015, 10:18 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:My local cinema is showing The Breakfast Club today and tomorrow.

Ticket is booked, and I'll be heading to the cinema for the first time in about 5 years or so.

Holy crap, if I ever saw that one screening at a theater I'd have to see it. I never got to see any Hughes classics onscreen outside of Home Alone so I missed his golden period, the 80s.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/2/2015, 3:44 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:My local cinema is showing The Breakfast Club today and tomorrow.

Holy crap, if I ever saw that one screening at a theater I'd have to see it. I never got to see any Hughes classics onscreen outside of Home Alone so I missed his golden period, the 80s.

I was the same and that's why I couldn't not go. Glad I did too. It was awesome. Now I'm hoping they do Sixteen Candles and Weird Science.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/2/2015, 4:06 pm

I would be all over a Weird Science or Ferris Bueller screening too. But so far never encountered a screening of a single Hughes movie where I live.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/2/2015, 4:45 pm

It was the first I've seen of that ype of movie. Usually it's only more action type movies, or something with a sequel/remale about to be released.

Two nights ago there was a cinema in the city playing Mad Max 1 & 2 back to back (sold out before I noticed it), and a week or so back there was a weekend of Blade Runner screenings (again, I discovered it too late). Blade Runner would be magnificent on the big screen. There's another screening in August, and I've already bought my tickets Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/3/2015, 9:51 am

Around here the only "classic" they ever show is Rocky Horror and I've just never been into that movie.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/6/2015, 6:24 pm

Watching The Art of War. Wesley Snipes is pissed off in this movie. James Hong is in this, too. I love that guy!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 5/14/2015, 6:38 pm

Hurry Sundown

The Howling

J. Edgar

Didn't care much for this one, plus the awful make up on Leo and Baking Soda was distracting.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 5/31/2015, 5:14 pm

Just watched two movies in two days! WOOOOOOOOOOO! Fuck you ADHD!  Take that bitch!

Watched Wild Card with Kickpuncher last night, which was good. Not my favorite Statham flick (his best PEFORMANCE, I still say was in "Safe") but it was entertaining.

Today I just watched the biopic "Spare Parts" with George Lopez and Jamie Lee Curtis.  Sort of a "Stand and Deliver" type film.  True story about a community high school in Arizona that entered an underwater robotics competition against college powerhouses like MIT and VA Tech and Cornell, and WON!

All 4 of the kids were undocumented as well, and were using this as a hopes to be able to get jobs and eventually citizenship.  One wanted to join the military but wasn't allowed. 

Eventually he was able to enlist and served for the US in Afghanistan.

Really good movie, if ya'll have a chance to check it out.

Esai Morales is fantastic in a small role that he could probably nail in his sleep (the asshole overprotective father who means well but is mostly an asshole).  Has a very emotional scene with his son at the end when he realizes his son has been doing this great work with the Robotics club and he got to see him win, despite him thinking his son was never going to amount to anything.

That guy ended up becoming a chef and started a catering company with another one of the kids.

GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/1/2015, 12:31 pm

Just watched John Wick. All types of badass.  So many things that brought me joy.

Not a pet person, but that dog in the beginning was goddamn adorable. Even I wanted to kill that motherfucker when they killed him.

I loved Leguizamo's reaction when he saw the car.  Like "You stupid fuck, you have no idea what you've done."

I loved Viggo's reaction to Leguizamo telling him on the phone why he hit his son.

"Oh." *hangs up*

lol.  Nothing more needed to be said.

Awesome to see Dean Winters still working steady after for all intents and purposes, dying for two minutes years ago.

Also glad to see dude from Daredevil who played Fisk's right hand man.

So many appearances from actors who are awesome.  Lt. Daniels and Freeman from The Wire, Dafoe, McShane, Leguizamo, Winters, etc.

Keanu is coming back for the sequel, as is the writer of the original AND the directors of the original, so this has the potential to really be something special of a franchise.

Not big on the replacement dog, as the original was so adorable and sweet, but looks like he went for a killer dog this time, so maybe that'll match Wick's actual personality more than what his wife wanted him to be (the original dog)
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/15/2015, 6:15 am

With some of you guys talking about the movie Rad, I found one of my other fave movies of that time on Youtube: Thrashin'.

Sherilyn Fenn is in this movie, too, and also in another movie I really enjoy, The Wraith. Incidentally, all three movies came out in 1986!

Full movie here:

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/15/2015, 6:40 am

Haha. I actually watched Thrashin' today ... from that same YouTube source.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/15/2015, 8:03 am

joey con carne wrote:With some of you guys talking about the movie Rad, I found one of my other fave movies of that time on Youtube: Thrashin'.

Sherilyn Fenn is in this movie, too, and also in another movie I really enjoy, The Wraith. Incidentally, all three movies came out in 1986!

Yesterday I caught Summer School (1987) on HBO. Turned on the tv and I'm seeing the opening credits to one of my favorite movies as a kid. I didn't realize how messed up some of that movie was until I saw it again as an adult. I probably watched it 20 times as a kid but most of the stuff went over my head. I enjoyed it more now that I could appreciate all the humor. Summer School is still one really amusing movie. I love when I can revisit movies I enjoyed so much as a kid and find that they still hold up to the memories.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/17/2015, 2:02 pm

I just recently added Summer School to my VUDU Account.  It was on sale on the VUDU site for like a shade under $4.  I was like SWEEEEEEEET!
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/17/2015, 2:13 pm

NOTE: I thought I posted this the other day, but apparently it was when my internet connect kept going in and out and so the post was never made.
==============================

So I watched this flick "Everly" the other day starring Salma Hayek.  I knew nothing about it other than what I saw on the international trailer which was basically Sexy ass Salma shooting guns and killing people, blood spurting left and right, up and down, backwards and front.

After watching it (93 minutes I believe it was) I kinda dug it, but there's this part that comes in at 52 minutes (I checked) and lasts for 10 minutes and it completely fucking ruined the movie for me.  It's basically a 10 minute torture porn segment that has no business being in the movie, it has like a thin connection to what's going on, and could easily have been removed and that connection tied somewhere else.

It involves this character called "The Sadist" who walks in using a cane, and there's these bodyguards with like those old Japanese Kabuki type masks, and there's this dude tied up inside a cage.  The man introduces himself as "The Sadist" and the guy in the cage as "The Masochist".  And he keeps like stabbing and burning the guy and the guy keeps thanking him and that's just bizarre.

But then he ends up typing Hayek up and using these acid like chemicals on her, burning her in spots and she's just screaming and crying, and ...yeah that's not my shit man.  I'm not into hurting women and I don't get off on it, which is the only goddamn reason that scene would even be in there. 

You don't put something like that in the movie where up to that point she is a woman who 4 years ago had been kidnapped into essential sex slavery, only it was for the main big boss Taiko.  And as bad as she's got it, she knows there are 99% of women in the sex slavery gig that has it much much worse.

So she's basically had enough adn has killed a shitload of Japanese mobsters, however is stuck in this hotel room penthouse as a hit has been put on her and she is fighting and is brave and she's badass and whatnot, and this 10 fucking minute segment just goes to basically put her in her place again and put her in this position where she's there for some sick fuck's amusement (who was never referenced before).

That 10 minutes, which I ended up fast forwarding through) was enough to ruin the movie for me.  Without that section it was a decent, if over the top, action flick/kill-em-all type flick

Interestingly enough, while that 10 minute segment took me by surprised, it turns out on the state-side preview that has the green or red band before it, on the green one it actually lists "Torture" under it, but THIS trailer below is the one I had seen before the movie and it doesn't have that.

GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 6/20/2015, 1:13 pm

Watching "The Judge" right now.  Very entertaining movie.  Very Grisham-like.

Robert Downey Jr, Robert Duvall, Vincent D'Onofrio, Billy Bob Thornton, Vera Farmiga, Dax Shepard.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/3/2015, 7:06 am

Not what I've watched recently, but what I will be watching.

My local cinema - the one from a few weeks back that had a viewing of The Breakfast Club - is doing more of the same for the rest of the year, for one session (4pm) on a Sunday.

August
Blade Runner
Jaws
Jurassic Park
Terminator

September
The Dark Crystal

October
Little Shop of Horrors
Rocky Horror Picture Show
(I hate this film. The only one I won't be watching)

November
Pulp Fiction
Space Balls

December
The Goonies

The Goonies! I get to watch The mother-fuckin' Goonies on the big screen. Can't wait.

... and Jaws. JAWS! bounce
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/4/2015, 11:09 am

Happy July 4th!

Frogs (1972)

Starring a very handsome Sam Elliott and Ray Milland.

One of those Nature Strikes Back films, set during Indy Day weekend.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/4/2015, 5:05 pm

The Food of the Gods (1976)

Based on the story by H.G Wells.

Group of folks fight off a horde of giant rats.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/4/2015, 5:51 pm

Race With the Devil (1975)

Peter Fonda and Warren Oates battle for survival, against a Satanic Cult.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/5/2015, 1:57 pm

Shockwaves (1977)

Nazi Zombies ruin a Florida vacation cruise for some folks.

This is the one, that gave birth to a horror subgenre.

That includes other titles, like Dead Snow, Zombie Lake and the criminally underrated

Outpost.

The latter I highly recommend, which stars Ray Stevenson.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/6/2015, 5:01 am

Saw Inside Out on Saturday. Pretty good movie. A lot of people on IMDb complaining about it being not-kid-friendly or saying it is harmful for people with depression. I liked it a lot. Not sure what all of them are talking about. I think those complaining are serious, too.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/6/2015, 9:17 am

joey con carne wrote: A lot of people on IMDb complaining about it being not-kid-friendly or saying it is harmful for people with depression.

This clip is for them.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 7/12/2015, 7:07 pm

3 - Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 3 Max_movie

I started to watch this movie called "Max".  Made it about 30 minutes or so into it but just had to tap out.  So cliched, manipulative bullshit.

I almost tapped out way sooner when the Mom admonishes her son for saying "freaking" with "no cursing in this household" and the kid says "I didn't curse" only to get "You can't hide the words from God in your mind just by switching some letters around" Rolling Eyes

That was about 4 minutes in.

Acting is atrocious, the main story they're trying to tell, the Marine Dog that gets PTSD and has a hard time dealing with the loss of a soldier he had bonded to (in this case Robbie Amell), only to connect with Amell's little brother, is an interesting one and one that I was wanting to watch but the level of acting all around is just really really lackluster. 

Shame, because this could have been a really good and worthwhile movie.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/12/2015, 9:21 pm

It was that bad? I was going to watch this too, only because Robbie is in it. I don't recognize anyone else.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next