BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+2
Tyger
Rusty
6 posters

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 21 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by joey con carne 7/14/2016, 8:06 am

It's a good thing I don't watch those stupid videos on youtube. I find the "reviewers" talk way too much. I mean, it's okay to shut the hell up and just play the game for a while. No need to comment every single second while playing the game.

I always try to find videos with no commentary. Those are much more enjoyable to watch.

So did anyone buy anything on Prime Day? I got nothin'!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/14/2016, 8:44 am

joey con carne wrote:It's a good thing I don't watch those stupid videos on youtube. I find the "reviewers" talk way too much. I mean, it's okay to shut the hell up and just play the game for a while. No need to comment every single second while playing the game.

I always try to find videos with no commentary. Those are much more enjoyable to watch.

So did anyone buy anything on Prime Day? I got nothin'!

I hate when people offer me their opinions for free so the idea of buying something because some asshole got paid to tell me to do it, well that's just nonsense. Cool

I heard about Prime Day all during Prime Day but nobody ever explained what it was and I didn't care to look into it, so I still dont know what I missed. Razz

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/14/2016, 10:45 am

Nintendo Unveils NES Classic Edition; Contains 30 Games and HDMI Hook-Up
Random Thoughts - Page 21 Nes-cl10

Being a retro gamer is a lot of fun. Classic games never stop being fun, but it can be a bit difficult to play them. The main hurdle is that we now all have HDTVs, but old systems were never meant to hook up to these advanced televisions, so either there’s no hook-up or the refresh rate doesn’t compute with what you want to play. If you have a Wii or a WiiU, you can take advantage of the Virtual Console, but that’s a pricey proposition when you factor into the cost of the console and then the individual games.

But now Nintendo has come up with an ingenious little device, and it’s so brilliant I’m surprised it’s just now going on sale. On November 11th, the company will release NES Classic Edition. Engadget reports that for $59.99, you get an HDMI cable, an AC adapter, a classic NES controller, and the following thirty, pre-loaded games:

Balloon Fight, Bubble Bobble, Castlevania, Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Dr. Mario, Excitebike, Final Fantasy, Galaga, Ghosts’ N Ghoblins, Gradius, Ice Climber, Kid Icarus, Kirby’s Adventure, Mario Bros., Mega Man 2, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden, Pac-Man, Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream, StarTropics, SUPER C, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Tecmo Bowl, The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

At $60, that’s a steal, and I can definitely see this being one of the hottest items this holiday season. The new consoles are all well and good, but retro gaming is still a blast. Also, if NES Classic Edition is a success, hopefully it will lead to SNES Classic Edition or maybe SEGA will get back in the console game and release Genesis Classic Edition.

Will you be getting NES Classic Edition? Are there any games here that you’re bummed didn’t make the final cut?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/14/2016, 2:20 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Nintendo Unveils NES Classic Edition; Contains 30 Games and HDMI Hook-Up
Random Thoughts - Page 21 Nes-cl10

Being a retro gamer is a lot of fun. Classic games never stop being fun, but it can be a bit difficult to play them. The main hurdle is that we now all have HDTVs, but old systems were never meant to hook up to these advanced televisions, so either there’s no hook-up or the refresh rate doesn’t compute with what you want to play. If you have a Wii or a WiiU, you can take advantage of the Virtual Console, but that’s a pricey proposition when you factor into the cost of the console and then the individual games.

But now Nintendo has come up with an ingenious little device, and it’s so brilliant I’m surprised it’s just now going on sale. On November 11th, the company will release NES Classic Edition. Engadget reports that for $59.99, you get an HDMI cable, an AC adapter, a classic NES controller, and the following thirty, pre-loaded games:

Balloon Fight, Bubble Bobble, Castlevania, Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Dr. Mario, Excitebike, Final Fantasy, Galaga, Ghosts’ N Ghoblins, Gradius, Ice Climber, Kid Icarus, Kirby’s Adventure, Mario Bros., Mega Man 2, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden, Pac-Man, Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream, StarTropics, SUPER C, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Tecmo Bowl, The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

At $60, that’s a steal, and I can definitely see this being one of the hottest items this holiday season. The new consoles are all well and good, but retro gaming is still a blast. Also, if NES Classic Edition is a success, hopefully it will lead to SNES Classic Edition or maybe SEGA will get back in the console game and release Genesis Classic Edition.

Will you be getting NES Classic Edition? Are there any games here that you’re bummed didn’t make the final cut?

Oh hell to the fuck yes!

Bring on the SNES edition. I want Donkey King Country and NBA Jam!
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/14/2016, 2:46 pm

I have no idea WTF Pokemon Go is but I've been reading about people totally oblivious to their surroundings because of this game being stabbed and gang attacked and others falling down a cliff because nobody is paying any damn attention. They might as well call this shit "Darwin the App"
Apparently one of the stops in the San Luis Obispo area of California is even leading some folks to a sober living house where sex offenders live. 
Isn't this supposed to be a game for kids? Even though every injury seems to be some to adults. 

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/14/2016, 3:16 pm

Yeah, I've been reading about this. It's ridiculous, it's a free game I think for Androids and iPhones. Basically you go around catching Pokemons out in the street or while you drive, you can find them anywhere. It's retarded, what bothers me is adults using this shit. I don't like playing games on phones. It's giving cops a headache too.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/14/2016, 4:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, I've been reading about this. It's ridiculous, it's a free game I think for Androids and iPhones. Basically you go around catching Pokemons out in the street or while you drive, you can find them anywhere.

Oh good because texting wasn't already distracting enough drivers.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/14/2016, 5:47 pm

I'd love to get one of those nintendo systems. Hopefully, more than 30 games will release for it. Same with Super Nintendo.

I have emulators on my PC but it's not the same. I guess I could get a control pad or something.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/14/2016, 6:50 pm

Just read about another terror attack in Nice, France.

This is probably a stupid question but why does France seem to be targeted so much?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/14/2016, 6:59 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just read about another terror attack in Nice, France.

This is probably a stupid question but why does France seem to be targeted so much?

They have the largest population of a certain type of person, in Western Europe. Episcopalians.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/14/2016, 7:44 pm

joey con carne wrote:I'd love to get one of those nintendo systems. Hopefully, more than 30 games will release for it. Same with Super Nintendo.

I have emulators on my PC but it's not the same. I guess I could get a control pad or something.

Besides the Mario Bros and their never ending mushroom trips through various sewer systems in search of coins and women, the only other game that dominated my childhood was Contra. Pretty disappointed they didn't include it.

Rusty Cunt wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Just read about another terror attack in Nice, France.

They have the largest population of a certain type of person, in Western Europe. Episcopalians.

Random Thoughts - Page 21 MorOe6d

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/14/2016, 8:22 pm

Fucking seriously, no Contra?? Bullshit.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/14/2016, 8:51 pm

Tyger wrote:Fucking seriously, no Contra?? Bullshit.

I remember refusing to partake in a big neighborhood dirt clod war because I was on the Contra final level... Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/15/2016, 5:37 am

At least they are including Double Dragon II. I beat the shit out of that game, too. All day yo! All day!

Im on the train to work as i type this. TGIF!

It's payday, I'm going out for Indian tonight. Hope the rest of my day is not shitty. And you's guys as well!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/15/2016, 6:30 am

joey con carne wrote:I'm going out for Indian tonight. Hope the rest of my day is not shitty.

Never knew you were an optimist. Cool
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/15/2016, 9:34 am

Trump is an asshole and Pence is a taint, those two make a real pair. That is all.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/15/2016, 4:52 pm

DAAAAAAAMN, Shit is hot up in Turkey right now!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/16/2016, 8:31 am

Got my car aligned! woot woot No more pulling to the left.

How's everyone's Saturday going? Mine be aiight. Gonna be staying home playing video games and watching TV aaaaaaaaaall daaaaaaaaayyyy. Pretty warm out in NY. Gonna hit 90 soon.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2016, 10:14 am

joey con carne wrote:Got my car aligned! woot woot No more pulling to the left.

How's everyone's Saturday going? Mine be aiight. Gonna be staying home playing video games and watching TV aaaaaaaaaall daaaaaaaaayyyy. Pretty warm out in NY. Gonna hit 90 soon.

Streaming Stranger Things on Netflix today and hanging out with my three year old niece.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/16/2016, 11:16 am

joey con carne wrote:Got my car aligned! woot woot No more pulling to the left.

Mine keeps swaying to the right, I don't know if it's the tie rods or something else. I already had it aligned.

People trying to catch a rare Pokemon in Central Park, NYC. All hope in humanity is lost.  Neutral

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/17/2016, 8:11 am

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIT!!! POKEMON CATCH EM ALL!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. THAT'S COLD!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/17/2016, 8:13 am

My car hit a pothole a while back and both my passenger side wheels were toe'd inward. Fucking DiBlasio. I blame him. (Mayor of NYC.)

Had some BBQ last night which was pretty dope. Currently watching Aerial America on Smithsonian Channel. Just finished Montana. Currently watching The Dakotas. The further west you go the more beautiful America becomes. Very nice.

HOLY CRAP, Wylde, that Pokemon video is ridiculous. LOL Is that real?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/17/2016, 8:18 am

joey con carne wrote:Had some BBQ last night which was pretty dope. Currently watching Aerial America on Smithsonian Channel. Just finished Montana. Currently watching The Dakotas. The further west you go the more beautiful America becomes. Very nice.

HOLY CRAP, Wylde, that Pokemon video is ridiculous. LOL Is that real?

I love the West, I'll probably never leave.

I see crazy post fight shit all the time but someone capturing their opponent with a Pokemon ball is definitely a first. I always laugh whenever people in football talk about unsportsmanlike like penalties and excessive celebration penalties for three people high-fiving and I'm always just wondering if they've ever seen MMA before where crazy shit like this is not only accepted but it's encouraged.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/17/2016, 2:58 pm

Three more cops were killed and 3 others wounded in Baton Rouge this morning less than a mile from their own police HQ.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/17/2016, 3:09 pm

Seriously, this is like the 3rd Sunday where something awful happened. I heard about this but I don't know what went down. These cop killings keep increasing.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/17/2016, 3:13 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Seriously, this is like the 3rd Sunday where something awful happened. I heard about this but I don't know what went down. These cop killings keep increasing.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/17/2016, 9:09 pm

Pokémon Go Hunters Shot at this Morning in Palm Coast
The Flagler County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an early morning shooting that occurred in front of 41 Primrose Lane in Palm Coast.

After arriving at the incident location, deputies interviewed the homeowner and learned that he was awakened by a loud noise coming from outside of his home. He got up from bed and looked outside and noticed a small white car with its brake lights on in the roadway in front of his home. He armed himself with a handgun and went outside to investigate and as he approached the vehicle, he heard someone say something like “did you get anything.” He told deputies that he then stepped in front of the vehicle and ordered the vehicle not to move. The homeowner stated the vehicle accelerated toward him causing him to flee the roadway. Because he believed the vehicle was attempting to strike him, he discharged his handgun several times at the vehicle. The vehicle sped away and was not located after a search of the area was conducted.

At approximately 10:30 this morning, the FCSO received a call from a parent of a 19-year-old Palm Coast man stating her son just advised her that he and a 16-year-old friend were playing “Pokémon Go” using the smartphone app at approximately 1:30 this morning when they were confronted by a man who came out from his home and shot at them several times. She stated they did not tell her until this morning when they observed the car had a flat tire and bullet holes in the rear tire, hubcap and fender. After speaking to the teens, deputies learned that while they were sitting in the car on Primrose Lane, they heard someone say “did you catch him” and one of the teens stated “yeah, did you?” It was at this time that they heard gunshots and they sped away and drove immediately home. When they arrived at the home, they checked themselves to see if they were injured and they inspected the car to the best of their ability, but did not find any noticeable damage. Since they were not injured and there was no damage to the vehicle, they thought it was someone trying to scare them and this is why they did not contact law enforcement or tell their parents.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/17/2016, 9:22 pm

Pokemon Go is the dumbest shit,Ever.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/17/2016, 9:30 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Pokémon Go Hunters Shot at this Morning in Palm Coast

These Pokemon Go people are fucked in the head.

My States Department of Justice actually had to issue a statement telling people that the court-rooms were out of bounds, because people had tried to get into courtrooms with their phones to catch whatever the fuck it is they're trying to catch.

Some are even paying strangers up to $30 an hour to drive them around all day.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/17/2016, 10:45 pm

This game is causing a lot of issues. I wonder if the developers are forced to shut it down soon.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/17/2016, 11:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:This game is causing a lot of issues. I wonder if the developers are forced to shut it down soon.

It'll run it's course. Parents are loving it, as their kids are actually being active and getting outside. They'll find something else to do in a few weeks.

People are are actually proud of themselves saying it's the first time they've walked their dog's in a year. Fuckwits.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2016, 6:13 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Some are even paying strangers up to $30 an hour to drive them around all day.

WHAT IN THE FUCK?

Courthouses, cliffs, residential homes and sex offender clinics? What kind of game is this?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2016, 2:13 pm

I love how the Presidential Convention voting is determined by an alleged device that tells the difference in people screaming quite angrily yes or no in a room and then one man just saying whatever the fuck he wants for the deciding vote. That Anti-Trump rules moment was just pure yelling and then suddenly being shutdown by one man? WTF was that shit.......anybody else watching CNN?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/18/2016, 4:19 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I love how the Presidential Convention voting is determined by an alleged device that tells the difference in people screaming quite angrily yes or no in a room and then one man just saying whatever the fuck he wants for the deciding vote. That Anti-Trump rules moment was just pure yelling and then suddenly being shutdown by one man? WTF was that shit.......anybody else watching CNN?

I caught a little bit of this. It was ridiculous.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/18/2016, 6:10 pm

Now for some important news...

I now have unlimited internet! Woohoo!. Only problem is the Ethernet cable is better than the WiFi connection, so I need to do some furniture rearranging so I don't have chords and wires running everywhere.

Time to start downloading shit Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2016, 8:19 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Time to start downloading shit Very Happy

I still highly recommend Vikings, Peaky Blinders and Narcos. Seriously, check them out!

Season 2 of From Dusk til Dawn?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/18/2016, 8:32 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

I still highly recommend Vikings, Peaky Blinders and Narcos. Seriously, check them out!

Yeah I will get DTD season 2 now that I think of it. I'll grab it on Blu once it's at a nice price.  Vikings and Peaky are the same. I have the first seasons, and I prefer Blu's so I will wait for them to hit decent prices. Narcos is now on my list.

Most of my downloading will be iTunes stuff that will never make it to Blu-ray, or seasons that are cheap enough that I won't bother buying Blu's.

However, having said all that ... now that I have a decent connection that has unlimited bandwidth, I'll probably start downloading HD rips as shows air. Might keep me current on a few more shows, and save me paying iTunes money for shows that end up crap.

Last edited by Rusty Cunt on 7/18/2016, 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2016, 8:34 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Yeah I will get DTD season 2 now that I think of it. I'll grab it on Blu once it's at a nice price.  Vikings and Peaky are the same. I have the first seasons, and I prefer Blu's so I will wait for them to hit decent prices. Marcos is now on my list.

Most of my downloading will be iTunes stuff that will never make it to Blu-ray, or seasons that are cheap enough that I won't bother buying Blu's.

However, having said all that ... now that I have a decent connection that has unlimited bandwidth, I'll probably start downloading HD rips as shows air. Might keep me current on a few more shows, and save me paying iTunes money for shows that end up crap.

Gotta add 12 Monkeys to that list....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/18/2016, 8:40 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Gotta add 12 Monkeys to that list....

I actually already have 12 Monkeys on iTunes. I can download it the day after it airs, so I have to wait until tomorrow to get the most recent episode. First thing I downloaded on my new connection was last weeks episode I still hadn't seen.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2016, 8:52 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:

I actually already have 12 Monkeys on iTunes. I can download it the day after it airs, so I have to wait until tomorrow to get the most recent episode. First thing I downloaded on my new connection was last weeks episode I still hadn't seen.

The season finale just aired and I'm still losing my mind.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/18/2016, 8:56 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:

That's why I'm steering clear of the 12 Monkeys thread until tomorrow. Cool
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2016, 10:20 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:

That's why I'm steering clear of the 12 Monkeys thread until tomorrow. Cool

Good idea, I kind of lost my shit there post-finale. Razz

Have you gotten into Cinemax's Outcast yet? It's from Kirkman who created TWD comics.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/18/2016, 10:27 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Good idea, I kind of lost my shit there post-finale. Razz

Have you gotten into Cinemax's Outcast yet? It's from Kirkman who created TWD comics.

It's in my wish-list. It was on sale a couple weeks back, but didn't buy because I was waiting for my new connection. Now I got it, iTunes has bumped the price back up Crying or Very sad Before I got crazy with iTunes purchases, I'll be buying discounted iTunes gift cards. There's always one store selling them for 20-25% off.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2016, 10:34 pm

LMFAO, Melania Trump straight up plagiarized the current First Lady and a speech she gave back in '08 at the DNC during tonight's RNC. And I thought Phony loves Chachi was going to be the highlight of this shit show but Melania at one point even Rickrolled the mother fuckin audience! She actually said " "He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down." Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/19/2016, 3:01 pm

I can't believe she gave that speech with confidence. Shocked She probably didn't know it was the same speech at the time, must be feeling stupid right about now.

Politics has become such a joke. I think it's time to move to Canada.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next