BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

METOO - Random Thoughts Empty Random Thoughts

Post by joey con carne 8/16/2023, 7:37 pm

Thanks for the info, Russ. I grow two kinds. Both orange. One type is smaller and rounder and sweeter. The oblong ones are less sweet and more firm.

Still delicious god damn. I can eat them all day long.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

METOO - Random Thoughts Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 8/17/2023, 10:01 am

joey con carne wrote:Thanks for the info, Russ. I grow two kinds. Both orange. One type is smaller and rounder and sweeter. The oblong ones are less sweet and more firm.

Still delicious god damn. I can eat them all day long.

I keep forgetting there are hundreds of different kinds and colors of tomatoes. Yet I've never had anything but red because they flat out do not sell a variety where I live, if you want variety you've got to grow it yourself which is just another reason I started doing this.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/17/2023, 10:07 am

Hurricane Hilary Forecast To Hit L.A. Sunday With Tropical Storm-Force Wind, Rain & Big Waves
METOO - Random Thoughts Screen11
UPDATED: In a rare occurrence, a former hurricane may hit Los Angeles this weekend with tropical storm-force winds (39-73 mph) and heavy rain. What began as Tropical Storm Hilary off the coast of Mainland Mexico strengthened into a hurricane early Thursday and is forecast to become a major hurricane (Cat 4) by 1 a.m. Saturday. By 1 p.m. Sunday, Hilary is expected to become a lesser hurricane and then hit Southern California and potentially Los Angeles as a tropical storm.

Only one full-blown tropical storm has hit the coast of California in recorded history: the Long Beach tropical storm that made landfall near San Pedro in 1939, according to the NWS. No tropical cyclone has ever made landfall in California at hurricane intensity in recorded history.

Two factors tend to keep Southern California safe from such storms: Colder sea surface temperatures, which take their fuel away, and upper-level steering winds in the eastern Pacific. This year’s El Niño event means ocean temperatures are much warmer than usual, with the water in Malibu registering 70 degrees today. Normally, 67 or 68 degrees is the warmest coastal ocean temperatures get in the summer in Los Angeles.

Still, hurricane tracks are tricky to predict, especially four days out. The most recent National Weather Service forecast for Hilary indicates, “There remains a very large spread in the ultimate track so this remains a very low confidence forecast in terms of the track as well as the impacts. However, having said that, virtually all the GEFS ensemble members show moderate to heavy rain amounts, especially south of Pt. Conception.”

That rainfall is currently pegged at a large accumulation for summer in Southern California with, per the NWS, “several solutions at or above 2.5″ and as high as 2.9.” So the probability of a very anomalous rain event is certainly increasing. The official rain total forecast currently is around 1- 2″ area wide Sunday through Tuesday but with the potential for much higher (or lower) amounts depending on the actual track.”

There could also be lightning which, if it arrives with wind but without rain, could create fire danger.

In terms of waves, the NWS indicates Hilary “will bring the potential for hazardous marine conditions to all coastal waters starting this Sunday. While any wind/weather impacts from these systems over the local area are highly uncertain, long- period, steep, southerly swells and high surf will be possible during the upcoming weekend and beyond.”

Surf forecaster Surfline is currently predicting waves from 4-5 feet in Northern L.A. County and 6-8 feet in Northern Orange County. Those estimates can drop radically in 24 hours, however, should the storm hew closer to the coast of Baja California or rise considerably if it were to move out further into Southern California’s swell window. Indeed, just Wednesday, Surfline was predicting 15-20′ surf in Northern L..A., which would be a rare occurrence for the region in summer.

Tropical storm Hilary is official now and expected to continue strengthening over the next couple days. The official track has it moving northwest, roughly parallel to the coast of Mexico, then west of the southern tip Baja Saturday morning. There remains a very large spread in the ultimate track so this remains a very low confidence forecast in terms of the track as well as the impacts. However, having said that, virtually all the GEFS ensemble members show moderate to heavy rain amounts, especially south of Pt Conception. The EPS is not far behind that now as the last few solutions have trended more towards the more northerly GEFS. The mean PW from both ensemble systems is now right at 2″ with several solutions at or above 2.5″ and as high as 2.9″. So the probability of a very anomalous rain event is certainly increasing. The official rain total forecast currently is around 1-2″ area-wide Sunday through Tuesday but with the potential for much higher (or lower) amounts depending on the actual track. The potential exists for isolated flooding and residents, particularly near burn scars should monitor the situation closely. The most likely period for the heaviest rain is later Sunday into Monday, though again the speed and track of the storm will impact the timing and rain intensity.

With the current forecast track there is also the potential for gusty winds at times. Earlier models indicated as much as 8-9mb offshore LAX DAG gradient Sunday and Sunday night ahead of the storm’s arrival, though more recent runs have backed off that slightly. There is still the potential for a “wet” Santa Ana wind event Sunday with gusty northeast winds in the usual areas across L.A. and Ventura counties, but it will probably take a couple more days to have much confidence in that forecast.

Another potential impact will be the increase in south-to-southwest swells this weekend which could be high enough to create significant issues at south-facing harbors like Avalon and Long Beach, and even as far north as Morro Bay and Port San Luis along the Central Coast.

The storm is currently expected to exit the area by Tuesday, but lingering southeast flow aloft will keep at least a chance of showers going through the end of next week.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/18/2023, 3:28 pm

I was just reading that September will be a major threshold for most networks and studios to start cancelling projects if the strike continues. If cameras aren't rolling by then there is no chance of 13 episode seasons being ready to go by next March, effectively cancelling the 2023-2024 tv season.

Though Amazon isn't waiting and today has reversed their previous decisions on two different shows, which are now some of the first casualties of the strike; 'The Peripheral' starring Chloe Grace Moretz and 'A League of Their Own' both shows had previously been given second season orders but were officially cancelled today.

Major delays are expected to be announced next month too, I've been reading Dune is more than likely going to be pushed from December 2023 to December 2024 if the studio won't have access to the stars to promote the film.

We can expect this to become the new normal until the strike ends and that won't be any time soon.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/18/2023, 7:11 pm

WOAH, the Tiny Toons are back....

Cartoon Network has dropped the official trailer for Tiny Toons Looniversity, which will premiere on Saturday, Sept. 9 (9 am) and air weekly in that time slot. Meanwhile, Max subscribers can stream the entire first season beginning Thursday, Sept. 8.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/18/2023, 8:21 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I was just reading that September will be a major threshold for most networks and studios to start cancelling projects if the strike continues. If cameras aren't rolling by then there is no chance of 13 episode seasons being ready to go by next March, effectively cancelling the 2023-2024 tv season.

Though Amazon isn't waiting and today has reversed their previous decisions on two different shows, which are now some of the first casualties of the strike; 'The Peripheral' starring Chloe Grace Moretz and 'A League of Their Own' both shows had previously been given second season orders but were officially cancelled today.

Major delays are expected to be announced next month too, I've been reading Dune is more than likely going to be pushed from December 2023 to December 2024 if the studio won't have access to the stars to promote the film.

We can expect this to become the new normal until the strike ends and that won't be any time soon.

Really hope they don't push Dune. We knew this could happen but it still fucking sucks.

WyldeMan wrote:[center]WOAH, the Tiny Toons

Damn! I used to love Tiny Toons as a kid. This brings back memories.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/18/2023, 8:33 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Really hope they don't push Dune. We knew this could happen but it still fucking sucks.

I could see this strike lasting the rest of the year and it's going to result in an industry wide blood bath.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! I used to love Tiny Toons as a kid. This brings back memories.

I did too though I haven't thought of Tiny Toons since the mid-90's. I kind of forget it ever existed until I just saw that trailer.

BTW, I think this thread is about to reboot itself AGAIN cause we went and filled up another Random Thread. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/20/2023, 10:08 am

We're dealing with major wild fires again so I've got ash raining down from everywhere AGAIN.

But I have no idea what the fuck this means for all the food I'm growing now...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/20/2023, 11:30 am

Blue Beetle only opened to $25 million this weekend, meanwhile in her FIFTH weekend Barbie is pulling down another $21 million. Shocked

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/21/2023, 4:53 pm

Who loves orange soda?!

Holy shit! It's a surprise Excess Baggage reunion 26 years later!

Dope, Al Snow takes me back to the 90's.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/21/2023, 8:21 pm

Excess Baggage! haha holy shit. That's a movie I haven't seen since it hit home video.

Reptile looks alright, but I can't stand Justin Timberlake.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/21/2023, 8:36 pm

Rusty wrote:Excess Baggage! haha holy shit. That's a movie I haven't seen since it hit home video.

Reptile looks alright, but I can't stand Justin Timberlake.

Along with a handful of other actors, I've been doing a Benicio Del Toro career retrospective and just watched Excess Baggage last week for the first time in over two decades. You should give it another spin if you get the chance.

Timberlake's dramatic work has been real hit or miss in my experience but I still enjoyed his work in Alpha Dog, In Time and Trouble With the Curve, so I can't outright dismiss his involvement here and it's been probably a decade since I've even seen him do something other than comedy, so my interest is piqued. 

But let's not overlook who they're giving him to act opposite of here either, so I'm not too worried...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/21/2023, 8:53 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Along with a handful of other actors, I've been doing a Benicio Del Toro career retrospective and just watched Excess Baggage last week for the first time in over two decades. You should give it another spin if you get the chance.

Timberlake's dramatic work has been real hit or miss in my experience but I still enjoyed his work in Alpha Dog, In Time and Trouble With the Curve, so I can't outright dismiss his involvement here and it's been probably a decade since I've even seen him do something other than comedy, so my interest is piqued. 

But let's not overlook who they're giving him to act opposite of here either, so I'm not too worried...

The only things I've seen him in is The Social Network, and he was actually good, and Inside Llewyn Davis, which I don't even remember.

I don't know why I haven't seen Trouble With The Curve. I think I've had it in my watchlist for ages, but never pushed the button. Which is weird because I love baseball movies.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/22/2023, 1:40 pm

Rusty wrote:The only things I've seen him in is The Social Network, and he was actually good, and Inside Llewyn Davis, which I don't even remember.

I don't know why I haven't seen Trouble With The Curve. I think I've had it in my watchlist for ages, but never pushed the button. Which is weird because I love baseball movies.

Timberlake has given better performances than Social Network but that's not a movie that I ever revisit anyways.

Trouble With the Curve has a great cast from the leads to the guys back at the home office and its worth multiple viewings, I can say this having watched it multiple times. 

Also, Timberlake isn't in Curve a whole lot as it's mostly focused on the father/daughter team of Amy Adams and Clint Eastwood as they scout ball players up and down the road.

I'd give it a spin the next time the opportunity presents, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/22/2023, 1:45 pm

I give you the trailer for Zack Snyder's magnum opus "Rebel Moon". The project he's dedicated all of his time to for the last five years and the reason that he wanted to move on from DC. 

It started out as a Star Wars script that got rejected by everybody so he turned it into this and naturally Netflix jumped on it.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/24/2023, 3:27 pm

METOO - Random Thoughts F4plu010

Last edited by WyldeMan on 8/24/2023, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/24/2023, 7:55 pm

Former WWE champion Bray Wyatt dies at age 36
METOO - Random Thoughts F4vs5m11
WWE star Bray Wyatt, known for being one of the most creative minds in professional wrestling who pushed the boundaries with innovative characters, died Thursday at the age of 36, WWE chief content officer Paul "Triple H" Levesque announced on social media.

Wyatt, whose real name was Windham Rotunda, had been inactive over the past several months in WWE while dealing with an undisclosed health issue. He had been with WWE since 2009, save for just over a year in 2021 and 2022 when he was surprisingly released. Rotunda returned to WWE last September with much fanfare and a mysterious storyline, including cryptic vignettes, which helped boost television ratings.

"Just received a call from WWE Hall of Famer Mike Rotunda who informed us of the tragic news that our WWE family member for life Windham Rotunda -- also known as Bray Wyatt -- unexpectedly passed earlier today," Levesque wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter. "Our thoughts are with his family and we ask that everyone respect their privacy at this time."

Rotunda came from a wrestling family. His father Mike gained fame in WWE as Irwin R. Schyster, as well as in other promotions under his real name or Michael Wallstreet. Rotunda's uncle Barry Windham was one of the most highly regarded wrestlers of the 1980s and early 1990s and a former member of the prestigious Four Horsemen stable. Rotunda's brother, Taylor, also wrestles for WWE and in the past used the moniker Bo Dallas.

Windham Rotunda was married to former WWE ring announcer JoJo Offerman. They had two children and Rotunda had two other children from a previous marriage. He was a two-time former WWE Universal champion and former WWE champion.

After starting in WWE's developmental program as the character Husky Harris, Rotunda found himself with Bray Wyatt, a maniacal swampland cult leader who recruited followers with a devilish charm. He and his Wyatt Family (Erick Rowan and the late Luke Harper, whose real name was Jonathan Huber) got popular in NXT, WWE's developmental brand, and came to the WWE main roster with much fanfare in 2014.

Rotunda was known at that point as one of the most gifted performers on the roster, especially when it came to telling a story on the microphone. He started using the catchphrase "follow the buzzards" and the song lyrics "he's got the whole world in his hands." During his entrances, with the arena shrouded in darkness before he appeared holding a lantern, fans would hold up their cellphone lights as his eerie music played.

In 2019, Rotunda reinvented himself as the supernatural character The Fiend, wearing a horror movie mask that was a terrifying facsimile of a clown. Bray Wyatt still existed in kid-friendly skits called Firefly Funhouse, but The Fiend, a dark alter ego, wrestled in his place. These were intricate, creative ideas that Rotunda for the most part came up with himself. The Fiend was polarizing as a character due to its near invulnerability in the ring, but it was an inventive leap and one of the most interesting things on WWE television at the time.

Rotunda returned to WWE last year after being released in 2021 as the former Bray Wyatt, a good-guy character who was apparently haunted by past demons like The Fiend and Uncle Howdy. The storyline was still developing in February when Rotunda disappeared from television due to health issues.

"Always had tremendous respect and love for him and the Rotunda family," Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson wrote Thursday on X. "Loved his presence, promos, in ring work and connection with the WWE universe. Very unique, cool and rare character, which is hard to create in our crazy world of pro wrestling."
METOO - Random Thoughts Untitl21

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2023, 11:30 am

Bob Parker died of natural causes this morning at 99 years old.

Bob was born and raised in a country mountain town about 20 minutes from me called Darrington in which he has always been the town's pride and joy because nobody else famous ever came from there. I remember seeing a big framed picture in the high school entrance of him when our football team would play there's.

But to be honest, I kind of thought Bob Barker was already dead...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/26/2023, 6:32 pm

This is the only thing I knew him for.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2023, 7:49 pm

Rusty wrote:This is the only thing I knew him for.

Oh no doubt. An entire generation thinks of that scene when they think of Bob Barker. 

I was never a daytime game show guy, especially not where you guess the price of kitchen appliances like on Price is Right. Jeopardy was always my go to.

In an unrelated note, last night I watched The Meg 2: The Trench. As you all know, I'm an unabashed fan of The Meg and have seen it many times so I had high expectations. Basically what I got though was a bloodless sequel with minimal returning characters that seemed to primarily be focused on turning The Meg franchise into a hybrid of the cancelled Aquaman spin-off movie The Trench and Jurassic World. They lazily set it up for another sequel and that's all that matters even though The Trench put the sharks in the backseat to tell a story focused on corporate espionage and illegal rare earth mineral mining operations. But don't worry because they introduced enough new critters for multiple spin-offs. 

I'm kind of at a loss, not to forget that they also killed a great Meg character off screen and in between movies. And the characters that died during The Trench were nearly always offscreen too and virtually no blood ever shown regardless of the fact that the sharks were on a feeding frenzy...

It wasn't all bad though and it was pretty amusing if you're high enough you'll still enjoy how beyond ridiculous it all is while they're basically just repeating the plot of the first movie with predictable villains but it was not the sequel that I spent the last several years hoping/waiting for.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2023, 9:13 pm

Arleen Sorkin Dies: Voice Of Harley Quinn & ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Actor Was 67
METOO - Random Thoughts Arleen10
Arleen Sorkin, known for voicing Harley Quinn across the animated DC Universe, has died. She was 67.

DC co-head James Gunn shared the news with a post on Instagram dedicated to the memory of Sorkin.

“Rest in Peace, Arleen Sorkin, the incredibly talented original voice of Harley Quinn, who helped to create the character so many of us love. Love to her family and friends,” Gunn shared.

Sorkin began her career in television in 1982 with an appearance on Saturday Night Live as a background actor. In 1987 she was part of the cast of the sitcom Duet where she played the role of Geneva. She would later go on to appear in Open House (1989), Dream On (1990) and Perry Mason: The Case of the Killer Kiss.

In 1992, Sorkin began voicing Harley Quinn in Batman: The Animated Series. She would reprise her role in other shows like Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Gotham Girls, Justice League and Static Shock. Sorkin also lent her voice as Harley Quinn for DC video games like Batman: Arkham Asylum, DC Universe Online and DC Universe Online: The Last Laugh.

Sorkin also played Calliope Jones Bradford in the NBC daytime soap Days of Our Lives. Mark Hamill took to social media to express his condolences.

“Devastated to learn we’ve lost the brilliant Arleen Sorkin,” Hamill wrote on X, the social media platform previously known as Twitter. “Not just a wonderful talent, but a truly wonderful person. I’m grateful not only to have worked with her, but to have been her friend. 🙏 Sending my heartfelt condolences to her family & loved ones.”
METOO - Random Thoughts Harley10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2023, 9:16 pm

Ah man, it's only been since last November that we lost Kevin Conroy. 

First Batman now Harley only 10 months later and at virtually the same age????

Keep safe Hamill!!!!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/27/2023, 6:40 pm

August 27 was the eight anniversary of Groo's passing.

Time fucking flies.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/27/2023, 8:26 pm

Rusty wrote:August 27 was the eight anniversary of Groo's passing.

Time fucking flies.

EIGHT years?!?! God damn, that's crazy!

Sometimes I still miss arguing with him about everything.

In other news, how is the weather where you guy are? We've been in the low 90's all week and have major thunderstorms headed our way for the next few days.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/28/2023, 6:09 pm

Raining and shit here on and off. Was supposed to storm all day tomorrow but the forecast has been changed to start storming tomorrow evening into Wednesday.

Can't believe Groo passed away eight years already. He was a cool dude and I liked him a lot. He still owes me twenty bucks!

I completely forgot Kevin Conroy passed away last year.

Life has been a little weird here on my end. Looking to move out of NY and doing my research on where I can go. So far, Florida is looking good (St John/St. Augustine area), Texas (Plano or Frisco areas), and I'm visiting a friend in Colorado Springs at the end of October to see how it is there although I am wary of Colorado because it's a lot like NY and California where it's run by democrats who think arresting certain groups of people for crimes is racist.

NY is slowly turning into a shithole and it is no longer the "cool" city to live in. Since my job is 100% remote I can go anywhere I want as long as I have an internet connection. This state seriously sucks ass and I can't wait to leave it behind. Don't worry, wherever I go, I won't tell people I'm from NY and I won't try to make people change their behavior LOL.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/28/2023, 6:28 pm

Rusty wrote:August 27 was the eight anniversary of Groo's passing.

Time fucking flies.

8 years? I feel really old.

WyldeMan wrote:In other news, how is the weather where you guy are? We've been in the low 90's all week and have major thunderstorms headed our way for the next few days.

We're being roasted here, high 90's and low 100's.

joey con carne wrote:Raining and shit here on and off. Was supposed to storm all day tomorrow but the forecast has been changed to start storming tomorrow evening into Wednesday.

I love the rain and find it relaxing.

joey con carne wrote:Can't believe Groo passed away eight years already. He was a cool dude and I liked him a lot. He still owes me twenty bucks!

Laughing What was the bet?

joey con carne wrote:Life has been a little weird here on my end. Looking to move out of NY and doing my research on where I can go. So far, Florida is looking good (St John/St. Augustine area), Texas (Plano or Frisco areas), and I'm visiting a friend in Colorado Springs at the end of October to see how it is there although I am wary of Colorado because it's a lot like NY and California where it's run by democrats who think arresting certain groups of people for crimes is racist.

NY is slowly turning into a shithole and it is no longer the "cool" city to live in. Since my job is 100% remote I can go anywhere I want as long as I have an internet connection. This state seriously sucks ass and I can't wait to leave it behind. Don't worry, wherever I go, I won't tell people I'm from NY and I won't try to make people change their behavior LOL.

Been a bit busy myself, I just resigned from my job and this week is my last. Cool I've been wanting to do this for months. I want to be like you Joey and find something remote.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/28/2023, 7:22 pm

joey con carne wrote:Life has been a little weird here on my end. Looking to move out of NY and doing my research on where I can go. So far, Florida is looking good (St John/St. Augustine area), Texas (Plano or Frisco areas), and I'm visiting a friend in Colorado Springs at the end of October to see how it is there although I am wary of Colorado because it's a lot like NY and California where it's run by democrats who think arresting certain groups of people for crimes is racist.

I've been to Florida multiple times more of the Orlando area but never felt like it was a place I could live, that extreme humidity leaves you walking around permanently sticky, just like Vegas. I liked Texas but again, that fucking humidity...

I wouldn't voluntarily move into a regular Hurricane path, so you won't catch me moving anywhere near the damned Gulf.

But I imagine with all your work travel you are more familiar with the nicer areas and I haven't been back in twenty years. How serious are you about leaving, just thinking about it or are you actively making plans?

From the New Yorkers I've met, it's your god given right to tell everybody how they're living wrong and what you think they should do to correct said behavior.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/28/2023, 8:48 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:What was the bet?

LOL It wasn't a bet. Gary wanted to purchase this ESPN set and asked me if I could loan him $20. A while back before his passing, he was lamenting to me in a private message that he wanted to purchase something but he prioritized his funds to other more important things. So I said I can send him an Amarzon gift card and he can get his item because it is on sale. He did me a favor once when I wanted to buy Man of Steel on blu-ray but I didn't have Prime and I was also complaining to him about the $35 minimum. He offered to use his Prime to send me the blu-ray.

Just in case it's not clear, I'm totally just messing around about him owing me $20.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Been a bit busy myself, I just resigned from my job and this week is my last. Cool I've been wanting to do this for months. I want to be like you Joey and find something remote.

Did you quit your job without another one lined up? I got lucky with mine and I will say that COVID was the best thing to ever happen to me (besides getting it twice in two months). I don't miss my 1.5 hour one-way commute (three hours a day minimum). I can wake up at 8:55am to make a 9am meeting. And thankfully, the Controller and upper management feel the same way LOL

WyldeMan wrote:I've been to Florida multiple times more of the Orlando area but never felt like it was a place I could live, that extreme humidity leaves you walking around permanently sticky, just like Vegas. I liked Texas but again, that fucking humidity...

I wouldn't voluntarily move into a regular Hurricane path, so you won't catch me moving anywhere near the damned Gulf.

But I imagine with all your work travel you are more familiar with the nicer areas and I haven't been back in twenty years. How serious are you about leaving, just thinking about it or are you actively making plans?

From the New Yorkers I've met, it's your god given right to tell everybody how they're living wrong and what you think they should do to correct said behavior.

I would say I'm like 90% serious about moving. The 10% is knowing I have family and friends here which are the only things making me approach this more slowly. NY really is just awful now and every time I see the news here I just think to myself why the hell am I still here?

I just hope Texas keeps sending the illegals here. Keep 'em coming! I love how NYers voted for this shit but now everyone is crying about it. Mayor Adams even made fun of Governor Abbot of Texas saying Abbot needs to quit complaining about the illegals and just deal with them at the state level and stop trying to get federal help. And now Mayor Adams is crying about the influx of illegals and is asking for federal help. Love it.

Over 100,000 illegals have been shipped here with no signs of stopping. Adams set up tent cities in Queens and there was a huge protest. Good times.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/29/2023, 9:05 am

The long in the works Scarface remake just locked down Pedro Pascal as the lead. Cool

I love both the '32 and '83 version of Scarface and this casting news excites me if it pans out.

In unrelated movie news, there is a new rumor that the Bourne franchise is getting a reboot with Stranger Things Joseph Quinn taking the lead this time, however he will not be playing Jason Bourne. It's being said that this new movie will follow the path of Legacy and like Jeremy Renner's Aaron Cross before him, Quinn would play a new character in Bourne's world.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/29/2023, 12:24 pm

Another season of Aussie Gold Hunters another round of me being confused by simple language.

Rust, if one of your people were to say to you "I dream of owning a block one day" without anymore context, would you take that to mean they want to buy a plot of land aka a parcel or tract? 

I assume they want a small piece of land for a home and not an entire city block but I've never heard someone say they wanted to "buy a block" before.  scratch

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/29/2023, 12:30 pm

joey con carne wrote:LOL It wasn't a bet. Gary wanted to purchase this ESPN set and asked me if I could loan him $20. A while back before his passing, he was lamenting to me in a private message that he wanted to purchase something but he prioritized his funds to other more important things. So I said I can send him an Amarzon gift card and he can get his item because it is on sale. He did me a favor once when I wanted to buy Man of Steel on blu-ray but I didn't have Prime and I was also complaining to him about the $35 minimum. He offered to use his Prime to send me the blu-ray.

Just in case it's not clear, I'm totally just messing around about him owing me $20.

I see, that was kind of him.

joey con carne wrote:Did you quit your job without another one lined up? I got lucky with mine and I will say that COVID was the best thing to ever happen to me (besides getting it twice in two months). I don't miss my 1.5 hour one-way commute (three hours a day minimum). I can wake up at 8:55am to make a 9am meeting. And thankfully, the Controller and upper management feel the same way LOL

No, don't have one lined up yet. I'm in tech so that's just normal in this field. I'm sure I'll find something.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/29/2023, 12:50 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
joey con carne wrote:LOL It wasn't a bet. Gary wanted to purchase this ESPN set and asked me if I could loan him $20. A while back before his passing, he was lamenting to me in a private message that he wanted to purchase something but he prioritized his funds to other more important things. So I said I can send him an Amarzon gift card and he can get his item because it is on sale. He did me a favor once when I wanted to buy Man of Steel on blu-ray but I didn't have Prime and I was also complaining to him about the $35 minimum. He offered to use his Prime to send me the blu-ray.

I see, that was kind of him.

I remember trading several blu's with Gary and since we lived in the same state, our deals were lighting fast, we'd both typically always get them the day after we shipped. He was always very willing to make good trades when almost nobody else on that stuffy blu-ray.com forum would. It was actually through trading our movies that we first started talking and why I originally invited him to join us.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/29/2023, 7:09 pm

joey con carne wrote:

I would say I'm like 90% serious about moving. The 10% is knowing I have family and friends here which are the only things making me approach this more slowly. NY really is just awful now and every time I see the news here I just think to myself why the hell am I still here?

I just hope Texas keeps sending the illegals here. Keep 'em coming! I love how NYers voted for this shit but now everyone is crying about it. Mayor Adams even made fun of Governor Abbot of Texas saying Abbot needs to quit complaining about the illegals and just deal with them at the state level and stop trying to get federal help. And now Mayor Adams is crying about the influx of illegals and is asking for federal help. Love it.

Over 100,000 illegals have been shipped here with no signs of stopping. Adams set up tent cities in Queens and there was a huge protest. Good times.

If I was moving to the US and had the money to buy a decent size piece of land, I'd head for the Idaho/Montana/Wyoming/Utah area. Just not where Grizzlies hang out. Fuck those things.

WyldeMan wrote:Another season of Aussie Gold Hunters another round of me being confused by simple language.

Rust, if one of your people were to say to you "I dream of owning a block one day" without anymore context, would you take that to mean they want to buy a plot of land aka a parcel or tract? 

I assume they want a small piece of land for a home and not an entire city block but I've never heard someone say they wanted to "buy a block" before.  scratch

Yeah it simply means piece of land for a home. Generally a "block" of land is on the smaller size, say under an acre. Big enough for a house, a decent shed, and some space to let the kids and the dog run around in.

WyldeMan wrote:
I remember trading several blu's with Gary and since we lived in the same state, our deals were lighting fast, we'd both typically always get them the day after we shipped. He was always very willing to make good trades when almost nobody else on that stuffy blu-ray.com forum would. It was actually through trading our movies that we first started talking and why I originally invited him to join us.

That's how he and I started talking. I gave him some UV codes I couldn't use, and after that every code I got I simply sent straight to him.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/29/2023, 7:15 pm

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

That's how he and I started talking. I gave him some UV codes I couldn't use, and after that every code I got I simply sent straight to him.

I seem to recall also sending him all of my BD digital codes after awhile too because I never used any of them way back then. 

I wonder how many of us were sending all of our digital codes to Groo? Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/30/2023, 1:00 am

WyldeMan wrote:

I seem to recall also sending him all of my BD digital codes after awhile too because I never used any of them way back then. 

Probably all of us Very Happy

He was on another forum/Facebook group or something that was specifically for trading digital codes. So he took everything he could get. Even if he didn't need it or couldn't use it - like some of my codes from Australian releases - he'd find someone at that place that could use it and trade for a code he wanted.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/30/2023, 9:18 am

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Probably all of us Very Happy

He was on another forum/Facebook group or something that was specifically for trading digital codes. So he took everything he could get. Even if he didn't need it or couldn't use it - like some of my codes from Australian releases - he'd find someone at that place that could use it and trade for a code he wanted.

You know, I seem to recall having that same discussion with him too a long time ago. He took every code I had and would trade them for what he wanted. He was waaaay ahead of me on the digital movie game.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/30/2023, 6:13 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
You know, I seem to recall having that same discussion with him too a long time ago. He took every code I had and would trade them for what he wanted. He was waaaay ahead of me on the digital movie game.

Yeah. I never bothered with them. I was buying a lot of US releases back then and iTunes codes were region locked, and the whole UV code never really took off here as there was no real service provider for it. I did get a few local iTunes codes and used one or two, but my internet was so shit back then that it would have cost me more in excess data downloading a series than buying the actual discs themselves.

So everything just went straight to Groo.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/31/2023, 7:35 pm

AMC’s TWD: Daryl Dixon, Interview With the Vampire and More Strike a Deal With SAG-AFTRA 
to Resume Production

The undead will not be denied. AMC Networks has reached interim agreements with SAG-AFTRA that will allow three of its highest-profile series to resume production: Anne Rice’s Interview With the Vampire and the yet-to-premiere The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon and The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live.

Per Deadline, the deals that have been struck are specific to these three shows, not a blanket agreement between AMC Networks and the actors’ guild. AMC Networks, which produces the dramas via AMC Studios, confirmed the waivers to our sister site but didn’t comment further. Of note: AMC Networks is a member of the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers but is not among the studios involved in negotiations to resolve the strike that began in July.

Interview With the Vampire, which ceased work on its second season last month, can now pick up where it left off filming in (primarily) Prague. Season 1 of the France-set Daryl Dixon, the fifth spinoff in the Walking Dead franchise, is set to premiere on Sunday, Sept. 10, at 9/8. Production on the six episodes that make up its freshman season is long over, but the show, which stars franchise OG Norman Reedus, has already been renewed.

The Ones Who Live, the limited series that will reunite Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira as star-crossed lovers Rick and Michonne, won’t be out until 2024. When the strike started, all that was left to do was some post-production including ADR (automated dialogue replacement).

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/1/2023, 12:59 am

It would be interesting to see what was actually agreed to. Also notable that it was an agreement with SAG, but no mention of the WGA.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/1/2023, 8:43 pm

Holy shit, Costner's soon to be ex-wife is a lazy, gold digging whore who's been treating his bank account like her personal ATM for two decades and her greed knows no limits. He's Kevin mother fucking Costner, that dude has been cranking out quality projects since the 80s and stacking that money and she just wants it all.

EXCLUSIVE: Kevin Costner tells court he plans to sue over Yellowstone pay dispute and chuckles when asked if he would swap homes with Christine Baumgartner saying hers is 'comparable but not equal' to his $145m mansion

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/2/2023, 8:34 am

WOAH....Jimmy Buffett died last night at 76 years old. Rest well Jimmy...

METOO - Random Thoughts F4_8-g10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/2/2023, 6:14 pm

Taylor Swift Eras Tour Movie Is On Pace To Blow Away DC And MarvelMETOO - Random Thoughts Taylor12
Taylor Swift is taking over the world. It’s been a record-breaking year for the “Anti-Hero” singer, but she isn’t even close to slowing down. Only a few months into her year-and-a-half-long, completely-sold-out-at-every-venue Eras Tour, Swift has released a concert movie of the event, and the film is on pace to knock out Marvel and DC records — and has already beat the Spider-Man: No Way Home pre-sale record.

According to Deadline, Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour concert movie has amassed a staggering $26 million in presales for AMC Theatres within its first 24 hours. This extraordinary achievement eclipsed the previous first-day presales record-holder, Spider-Man: No Way Home, which garnered $16.9 million. What’s even more astonishing is that this astounding presales figure belongs solely to AMC and doesn’t account for the entire industry, including other major circuits like Regal, Cinemark, and Harkins, which implies that the actual total presales could be significantly higher.

When it comes to Taylor Swift, Swifties are on top of it. Just like when Eras Tour tickets went on sale, the Eras Tour concert movie saw whirlwind success as soon as tickets were released for sale. It only took three hours for the film to surpass the Spider-Man: No Way Home record, and ticket sales continue to grow as the film is slated to run for four weekends, with at least four daily showtimes at AMC theaters from Thursday through Sunday.

Fandango, the popular online ticket seller, disclosed that The Eras Tour had shattered their first-day sales record for 2023. This remarkable achievement puts Tyalor Swift’s concert film in the illustrious company of other first-day presellers like Avengers: Endgame and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Jerramy Hainline, SVP of Fandango Ticketing, expressed his admiration for Taylor Swift’s contribution to the moviegoing experience, saying that Swift gave her fans and the movie industry a major gift by placing The Eras Tour in theaters. Not only does this concert movie allow for fans who were unable to get tickets to the Eras Tour — which sold out immediately, even after Swift added more concert dates to the schedule — to see the show, but unlike other major blockbusters, it’s the theaters that are profiting off the film, not the studios.

Taylor Swift’s remarkable ability to connect with her fans and her willingness to bring her concert to the big screen have ignited a frenzy of excitement in the moviegoing community. As the presales continue to surge, it’s clear that The Eras Tour is not just a film — like everything Taylor Swift does, it’s a cinematic event of epic proportions.

With AMC leading the charge and Fandango echoing the sentiments of enthusiastic fans, it’s safe to say that Taylor Swift has once again proven herself as an unstoppable force in the world of entertainment. As the film gears up for its four-weekend run, all eyes will be on the box office to see just how high it can soar. In the end, it’s not just about breaking records; it’s about creating memories and paving the way for a new era in entertainment.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/2/2023, 6:19 pm

From what I've read, these tickets are $20 each and are selling still faster than every other movie ticket this year. But it's only supposed to run from October 13-15th but based on these staggering pre-sale numbers, they are already talking/expecting a Barbie level $150+ million opening. 

The power and influence of Taylor Swift apparently knows no bounds.... Shocked

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/2/2023, 7:15 pm

Her fans, however, are all-time cunts.

She recently attended a friends wedding - some celeb couple I've never heard of - and hundreds of her fans rocked up outside blocking traffic chanting her name just to see her walk out of the place into a car.

Pure cunts.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/2/2023, 8:00 pm

Rusty wrote:Her fans, however, are all-time cunts.

She recently attended a friends wedding - some celeb couple I've never heard of - and hundreds of her fans rocked up outside blocking traffic chanting her name just to see her walk out of the place into a car.

Pure cunts.

They're just living up to the title of what a fan really is after all, a fanatic...

And anybody who knows Taylor Swift well enough to invite her to their wedding, already knows that her legion will follow. BTW, the wedding was for Margaret Qualley who you might remember as the flirty Manson girl from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood or for being one of Andie McDowell's actress daughters and the groom is apparently a musician who's worked with Taylor on the majority of her albums, so he definitely knew what to expect.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next