BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mortal Kombat II (Karl Urban is Johnny Cage)

3 posters

Go down

Mortal Kombat II (Karl Urban is Johnny Cage) Empty Mortal Kombat II (Karl Urban is Johnny Cage)

Post by WyldeMan 1/26/2022, 1:15 pm

New Line Moving Forward With ‘Mortal Kombat’ Sequel; ‘Moon Knight’ Scribe Jeremy Slater Scripting
Mortal Kombat II (Karl Urban is Johnny Cage) Intro-11
EXCLUSIVE: New Line is getting back into a fighting stance on a sequel to Mortal Kombat, the action-adventure film based on the blockbuster video game franchise. The studio has hired Jeremy Slater to write Mortal Kombat 2.

Slater was head writer on the Marvel/Disney+ series Moon Knight, which stars Oscar Isaac, Ethan Hawke and Gaspard Ulliel, the French actor who died last week in a skiing accident after the series’ first season had been completed. Slater also is writing to direct Thread for Screen Gems, with James Wan and Atomic Monster producing. His recent scripting credits include the Netflix/21 Laps film Uprising with Travis Knight directing and adapting Stephen King’s The Tommyknockers for Universal and James Wan. He also developed The Umbrella Academy for Netflix/UCP/Dark Horse and was creator and co-showrunner of The Exorcist on Fox.

Based on the video game phenomenon created by Ed Boon and John Tobias, Mortal Kombat was released simultaneously in theaters and on HBO Max in April 2021 during the pandemic, opening at No. 1 at the box office and ranking among the top feature titles on HBO Max since the platform launched. The film was directed by Simon McQuoid, who produced with Todd Garner, E. Bennett Walsh and Wan. In last year’s action-fest, an MMA fighter sought out Earth’s greatest champions in order to stand against the enemies of Outworld. It was a battle for the universe.

Lewis Tan, Jessica McNamee, Josh Lawson, Joe Taslim, Mehcad Brooks, Ludi Lin, Tadanobu Asano and Chin Han headed the cast. No other deals for the sequel are locked at this point.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 5/25/2023, 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat II (Karl Urban is Johnny Cage) Empty Re: Mortal Kombat II (Karl Urban is Johnny Cage)

Post by Tyger 1/26/2022, 7:03 pm

The first was so disappointing though
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat II (Karl Urban is Johnny Cage) Empty Re: Mortal Kombat II (Karl Urban is Johnny Cage)

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2022, 9:19 am

Tyger wrote:The first was so disappointing though

I really enjoyed MK on my initial viewing because compared to the originals I'd just rewatched at the time, it felt like a big improvement.

However, it did not hold up for me on a second viewing after I'd given my initial viewing time to breath. It just felt...."meh" and that's the best word I got.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/25/2023, 5:24 pm

Karl Urban has been cast in MK II as Johnny Cage. I like Urban a lot but this casting doesn't fit at all for me. 

And also two actresses from Netflix's Chilling Adventures of Sabrina; Adeline Rudolph and Tati Gabrielle have been cast as Kitana and Jade.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/28/2023, 8:38 pm

Urban as Cage, love the guy but not sure what kind of Cage they're going for.

Kitana and Jade castings are good, I can see it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down