BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Suicide Squad ($167 Million Worldwide Box Office)

3 posters

Go down

The Suicide Squad ($167 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty The Suicide Squad ($167 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 3/25/2021, 9:18 pm

The Suicide Squad ($167 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Exxekh10
"Welcome to hell — a.k.a. Belle Reve, the prison with the highest mortality rate in the US of A. Where the worst Super-Villains are kept and where they will do anything to get out—even join the super-secret, super-shady Task Force X. Today’s do-or-die assignment? Assemble a collection of cons, including Bloodsport, Peacemaker, Captain Boomerang, Ratcatcher 2, Savant, King Shark, Blackguard, Javelin and everyone’s favorite psycho, Harley Quinn. Then arm them heavily and drop them (literally) on the remote, enemy-infused island of Corto Maltese."

The Suicide Squad ($167 Million Worldwide Box Office)  The-su10

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/22/2022, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Suicide Squad ($167 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: The Suicide Squad ($167 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 3/26/2021, 4:44 pm

Regardless of the fact that Margot, Joel and Viola are playing the exact same characters they did in Suicide Squad, this is still considered a reboot and is not a sequel to the first Squad.

BTW, King Shark is voiced by Sylvester Stallone.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Suicide Squad ($167 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: The Suicide Squad ($167 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by Tyger 3/26/2021, 5:02 pm

This year is all about correcting past mistakes for DC, isn’t it?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/26/2021, 7:50 pm

Same actors/characters = sequel in my eyes. Looks good and I'm sure it'll be better than the other one.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/2/2021, 10:01 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Same actors/characters = sequel in my eyes. Looks good and I'm sure it'll be better than the other one.

Another new trailer and IMO this one makes it clear that this is a very different movie from the last one.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/2/2021, 1:08 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Another new trailer and IMO this one makes it clear that this is a very different movie from the last one.

It does look different but Joel Kinnaman's Rick Flag uses a southern accent in this one and that's about the only inconsistency I see so far.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/3/2021, 12:40 pm

‘The Suicide Squad’ Red Band Trailer Clocks All-Time Record Traffic In First Week
The Suicide Squad ($167 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Suicid10
Filmmaker James Gunn reported on Twitter that the first red band trailer for his upcoming The Suicide Squad movie hit a first week record with over 150M views.

That number beats the 116M first week views of New Line’s Mortal Kombat, which recently held the record as the most-watched red band trailer.

At the time of The Suicide Squad trailer drop on March 26, Warner Bros. hadn’t received an official rating for the follow-up to the 2016 movie, but it’s been made clear today that the DC film will be what is arguably the comic book cinema series’ fourth title to receive an R-rating after Watchmen, Joker, Zack Snyder’s Justice League and the extended DVD cut of Batman v. Superman (which had a PG-13 theatrical release).

All in, to date, The Suicide Squad red band trailer counts 151.1M views according to Warner Bros official numbers this AM, trending in 40 markets on YouTube and 28 Markets on Twitter. Warner Bros. EVP of Creative Advertising Massey Rafani and his team were the architects here of The Suicide Squad trailer. The pic, which Gunn directed and wrote, hits theaters and HBO Max (for 31 days) on Aug. 6. Already, HBO Max has put into motion a spinoff series from the film, The Peacemaker, based on John Cena’s character.

The first Suicide Squad movie, rated PG-13, opened to $133.7 million at the domestic box office in 2016, setting an August opening record, and finaled at $325.1 million stateside and $746.8 million worldwide.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/21/2021, 4:24 pm

The Suicide Squad ($167 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Shang110

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/24/2021, 7:34 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/9/2021, 5:49 pm

This was better than the first one and it had a lot of comedic moments. Plus, being rated R helped it a lot. At the same time, there was nothing memorable about it or the characters.

Also, I thought Rick Flag had a different accent than the first one but he didn't....my mistake.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/9/2021, 6:22 pm

I don’t know why, but Polka Dot Man's death was when it hit me “THIS is a James Gunn movie” like this is more the James Gunn who made Super and less the James Gunn who made Guardians, which I do enjoy.

That being said, it was just OK.I didn’t really buy any of the relationships at all.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down