BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 1/24/2015, 5:56 pm

Quentin Tarantino has officially begun filming The Hateful Eight. And he's added three new members to the cast: Lee Horsley, Craig Stark and Belinda Owino.

The Western started shooting Friday in Telluride, Colorado. The cast includes Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russell, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Walton Goggins, Demian Bichir, Michael Madsen and Channing Tatum. James Parks and Zoe Bell are also on the list.

The Hateful Eight is set a decade or so after the Civil War. There's bounty hunters, fugitives, renegades and other individuals of dubious backgrounds who are forced to hole up in a stagecoach stopover when a snowstorm hits. The travelers soon get the feeling that they may not make it to their destination. As always, the script was written by Tarantino.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/22/2022, 11:38 am; edited 7 times in total

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 5/8/2015, 8:52 pm

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Hatefu12

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Hatefu10

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Hatefu13

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Hatefu11

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Hatefu14

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 5/8/2015, 8:53 pm

Daaaaaaaaaamn, everybody lookin so old! Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/10/2015, 4:09 pm

The Hateful Eight ($156 Million Worldwide Box Office)  The-ha10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/12/2015, 10:51 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/12/2015, 12:32 pm

That's an interesting predicament. It looks good, I like it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/12/2015, 6:48 pm

Well, I'm sold.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/12/2015, 7:13 pm

Yeah I'm in for this. Looks great.

Good to see Goggins and Roth back in a Tarantino flick.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/12/2015, 9:00 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Yeah I'm in for this. Looks great.

It'd been what twenty years for Roth? Any idea what the hell the reason for that was??

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/13/2015, 12:19 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:Yeah I'm in for this. Looks great.

It'd been what twenty years for Roth? Any idea what the hell the reason for that was??

Yeah Pulp Fiction was his last. He's such a fit for Tarantino's style.

No idea why. Never heard of a falling out or anything.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 8/13/2015, 9:21 am

Nice use of "Same Ol" by The Heavy in the trailer.

Hey Tim Roth, I've missed you in QT's Cinemaverse.

Guess Mr. Waltz  wasn't available.

Looks like Resevoir Dogs: Western Edition.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/13/2015, 12:03 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Nice use of "Same Ol" by The Heavy in the trailer.

They've been getting some serious airplay across my tv shows lately. Prior to Strikeback I'd never heard of them but now I'm hearing them on Suits, Killjoys and now this trailer. I didn't realize how big of a band they are but I love their stuff.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 8/13/2015, 12:12 pm

I SEE YOU Quentin!

Got Tim Roth looking like Dr. King Schultz.

LOL!

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/13/2015, 1:07 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:I SEE YOU Quentin!

Got Tim Roth looking like Dr. King Schultz.

LOL!

Kurt Russell looks a bit like Yosemite Sam.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/20/2015, 8:57 am

Hateful Eight, The Revenant and Creed have all had very high quality screener releases this morning. At this rate The Force Awakens will be up by lunchtime. Twisted Evil

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 12/20/2015, 10:13 am

Jennifer Jason Leigh seems to be the one that will get an Oscar nomination.

If so, good for her.

Always liked her and she's criminally underrated.

Just like her father, the late Vic Morrow.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/20/2015, 5:27 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Jennifer Jason Leigh seems to be the one that will get an Oscar nomination.

If so, good for her.

Always liked her and she's criminally underrated.

Just like her father, the late Vic Morrow.

I always liked JJL since I first saw Fast Times but I haven't seen her in a movie since probably the 90s.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/20/2015, 6:24 pm

This is crazy! This keeps happening every year. Good for us but I'm surprised that they haven't figured out how to prevent these things because it's a loss for them.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 12/20/2015, 8:50 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:This is crazy! This keeps happening every year. Good for us but I'm surprised that they haven't figured out how to prevent these things because it's a loss for them.

Road to Perdition

In the Cut

The Machinist

The Jacket

Those are films I've seen her in, during the 2000's.

Think she also was on the cable series Weeds, also some smaller films this decade.

The Hateful Eight is the first major film she's done in a long time though.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/21/2015, 11:07 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:This is crazy! This keeps happening every year. Good for us but I'm surprised that they haven't figured out how to prevent these things because it's a loss for them.

These screeners dropped this morning.... Twisted Evil

Legend (Tom Hardy gangster movie, alongside Revenant that's two of Hardy's movies in two days)
Joy (Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper/ De Niro)
Steve Jobs
Heart of the Sea

And Sicario dropped yesterday too but according to the hackers they've got 40 screeners they will be releasing over the next few days and weeks one after another. So expect to see all of the latest and hottest titles.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/21/2015, 3:10 pm

DAAAAAMN! Fucking 40? I think that's a record right there. I noticed Legend last night before I went to sleep, shocking to see all the rest out today. Cool!

Watching Sicario tonight. That's not a screener though, that's a BD release.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/21/2015, 3:23 pm

It's probably just movie theater employees being able to walk off with anything that isn't Star Wars
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 12/22/2015, 10:31 am

The release date was moved to New Year's Eve.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/22/2015, 3:50 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:The release date was moved to New Year's Eve.

Well I'll still be watching it on Christmas. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/9/2016, 3:47 pm

I saw this the other day and was kind of disappointed. There was just some sort of disconnect for me. I saw it digitally projected for one so I missed out on the no doubt beautiful 70mm film. The story was good but predictable. I had forgotten about certain casting until the opening credits which kind of ruined what should have been a surprise had things not been so predictable already. Tim Roth's character was written for Christoph Waltz and it shows and he feels underutilized because of it for much of what he has to do. Madsen also doesn't have a hell of a lot to do but is solid with what he's been given. Same for Zoe Bell who has even less. Goggins gives the standout performance as far as I'm concerned. I think a lot of the gore was over the top and it didn't work for me, it felt off.

A lot of various references to Inglourious Basterds though, including the use of chapters which I loved.

I didn't hate it by any means, but I liked it probably as much as Django, which is not nearly enough as Basterds.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/9/2016, 6:37 pm

Tyger wrote:I saw this the other day and was kind of disappointed. There was just some sort of disconnect for me. I saw it digitally projected for one so I missed out on the no doubt beautiful 70mm film. The story was good but predictable. I had forgotten about certain casting until the opening credits which kind of ruined what should have been a surprise had things not been so predictable already. Tim Roth's character was written for Christoph Waltz and it shows and he feels underutilized because of it for much of what he has to do. Madsen also doesn't have a hell of a lot to do but is solid with what he's been given. Same for Zoe Bell who has even less. Goggins gives the standout performance as far as I'm concerned. I think a lot of the gore was over the top and it didn't work for me, it felt off.

A lot of various references to Inglourious Basterds though, including the use of chapters which I loved.

I didn't hate it by any means, but I liked it probably as much as Django, which is not nearly enough as Basterds.

Goggins and Jackson owned this movie for me. I haven't seen Sam give that kind of performance in a QT film since the days of Pulp Fiction. I am by no means comparing Hateful Eight to Pulp Fiction but this was the first time QT has had Sam in a big role since then and he did not disappoint. Though that whole mouth rape flashback was a total WTF moment for me.

Goggins was beyond stellar though and he stole this show. I wanted more of him and Madsen but 3 hours was still not enough screen time for everybody.

Kurt Russell, nobody writes for him like QT does. The perpetual nice guy is such a psychopath in his world.

I share a few of the same disappointments with the cast not having enough to do, especially Roth who hadn't worked with QT since Pulp Fiction so I was pretty bummed to see the Waltz impression going on instead of a true Roth performance.

Like you said, it was fairly predictable for the most part but I was never bored and when it ended I was left wishing there could have been more of the team up between Goggins and Jackson much earlier.

Not everything worked but I am still happy that after all was said and done QT still made this movie.

I want to see Quentin get back to the crime world of Reservoir, Pulp and Jackie. It's been nearly twenty years since he made anything but a revenge flick. Don't get me wrong, I love his revenge flicks but there's a reason his first two movies are still my favorites after all these years. I was always disappointed that he never got around to that Vega Brothers prequel, it would have been really cool but he missed that window by a few decades.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/9/2016, 6:49 pm

Is the version of this floating around from a HD source, or is it crappy DVD?
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/9/2016, 8:51 pm

Spoilers ahead...

I think when Roth was shot and bleeding out he started to feel like a Roth performance which was kind of perfect. Even in chapter 4 he seems more like himself, but there's nothing like a bloody Roth in a Tarantino film.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/9/2016, 9:32 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Is the version of this floating around from a HD source, or is it crappy DVD?

Crappy DVD and it was still a 3 gig file... Evil or Very Mad

Tyger wrote:Spoilers ahead...

I think when Roth was shot and bleeding out he started to feel like a Roth performance which was kind of perfect. Even in chapter 4 he seems more like himself, but there's nothing like a bloody Roth in a Tarantino film.

I would agree with that, after the shooting he felt more like Mr Orange than the Waltz impression he'd been doing up until that point.

Working my way through his film catalog, even though I've seen nearly every one of his films more than 20 times at a minimum, I never stop enjoying them and it was quite the ride leading up to the Hateful bookend. 

This is the first Tarantino film to have absolutely no survivors, lol. Dark........

That Kurt Russell line about the bells singing a pretty tune after he cracked Daisy with the revolver still makes me laugh even as fucked up as it was, nobody would ever write something like that other than Tarantino. I wasn't sure how to feel about Daisy Domergue (amazingly amusing name) for so much of the movie and you really don't find out enough until way too late. So it was like my opinion of her changed drastically in the final twenty minutes or so and by that point I was pretty much rooting for Mannix and Warren.

Only Tarantino would set a movie in a place called Minnie's Haberdashery.... Razz

Zoe Bell....Death Proof was the only time he ever did her justice.

BTW, Goggin's has got another western called "Diablo" with Scott Eastwood that hit torrent sites this week. I'm curious how the kid compares to his old man in this genre and facing off against Goggins is one way to prove if he's got the chops.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/16/2016, 9:13 pm

Went a caught a 70mm screening of this today. Overture, 10 minute intermission. This thing was meant to be seen on the big screen.

Loved every second of it. Blood, bullets, and some funny shit.

Goggins stole the show though. "you havin' a bounty hunters picnic?"

I think back to early casting rumours that listed Jennifer Lawrence in this ... thank fuck she was nowhere near it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/17/2016, 8:29 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Went a caught a 70mm screening of this today. Overture, 10 minute intermission. This thing was meant to be seen on the big screen.

Loved every second of it. Blood, bullets, and some funny shit.

Goggins stole the show though. "you havin' a bounty hunters picnic?"

I think back to early casting rumours that listed Jennifer Lawrence in this ... thank fuck she was nowhere near it.

I'm not really down with the intermissions, I know Tarantino loves that classic style but I wan't total immersion. It's why I prefer the Whole Bloody Affair to swapping discs.

Goggins was stellar, I hope he becomes a Tarantino regular.

Tarantino did want Jennifer before he changed the concept I believe following the script leak and made her a lot older. She'd have ruined the movie, though a lot of people might have enjoyed that final moment. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/17/2016, 7:00 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
I'm not really down with the intermissions, I know Tarantino loves that classic style but I wan't total immersion. It's why I prefer the Whole Bloody Affair to swapping discs.

It's not an issue for home viewing, but in the theatre it works perfectly. The way the film is structured (Chapters), and its run-time, it's works in the films favour. It happens between the 3rd and 4th chapters, right after the whole dingus affair, and shooting The Confederate General (Dern). Since it's such a tonal shift from that point on, it was like everyone got a quick refresh/reset. It worked perfectly ... especially considering this particular cinemas has the most uncomfortable fucking chairs you could imagine.

To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised more long running movies don't introduce it. Considering we live in an age of ADHD idiots that want to check their phones every 5 minutes, it gave everyone a chance to check them, including me, though I only did it to see what the time was as I don't wear a watch. I turned it right back off and spent that 10 minutes reading the movie program you got with the movie. At least 80% of the audience got out of their chairs, and 7 out of 10 actually went outside (toilet, more food, etc).

I highly recommend catching the full 70mm version in a cinema if you can. It's a true delight.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/17/2016, 7:39 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:It's not an issue for home viewing, but in the theatre it works perfectly. The way the film is structured (Chapters), and its run-time, it's works in the films favour. It happens between the 3rd and 4th chapters, right after the whole dingus affair, and shooting The Confederate General (Dern). Since it's such a tonal shift from that point on, it was like everyone got a quick refresh/reset. It worked perfectly ... especially considering this particular cinemas has the most uncomfortable fucking chairs you could imagine.

To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised more long running movies don't introduce it. Considering we live in an age of ADHD idiots that want to check their phones every 5 minutes, it gave everyone a chance to check them, including me, though I only did it to see what the time was as I don't wear a watch. I turned it right back off and spent that 10 minutes reading the movie program you got with the movie. At least 80% of the audience got out of their chairs, and 7 out of 10 actually went outside (toilet, more food, etc).

I highly recommend catching the full 70mm version in a cinema if you can. It's a true delight.

Sounds like a good time.

Could you post a picture of the program? I kept hearing Tarantino talking about it and I'm curious about that damned thing now, lol.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/17/2016, 9:59 pm

This is the same as what I got. It's about 10"x10"

https://imgur.com/gallery/TG5Zp

I believe in the US there are 8 different versions. They're the same, however they also include a centerfold of 1 of the characters.

Here's the US version: https://imgur.com/gallery/1TP7j/new
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2016, 7:38 am

Damn that's pretty cool.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/9/2016, 9:02 pm

This movie was a surprise me, maybe it's because I wasn't excited about it to begin with. I enjoyed it a lot. The trailer didn't really catch my attention. I like movies that take place in one setting and it had a lot of surprises and twists. Good to see Russell again. Walton Goggins was great and had me laughing multiple times. It's a long movie but it didn't feel like it to me.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/9/2016, 9:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:This movie was a surprise me, maybe it's because I wasn't excited about it to begin with. I enjoyed it a lot. The trailer didn't really catch my attention. I like movies that take place in one setting and it had a lot of surprises and twists. Good to see Russell again. Walton Goggins was great and had me laughing multiple times. It's a long movie but it didn't feel like it to me.

Goggins stole the movie in the second half.

How many Tarantino films have you seen now?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/9/2016, 11:22 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Goggins stole the movie in the second half.

I've seen only 5. I didn't like Kill Bill that much, I like the fights but that's about it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/10/2016, 4:20 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:

I've seen only 5. I didn't like Kill Bill that much, I like the fights but that's about it.

Kill Bill sucked.

But I think Death Proof is his best. Cool
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/10/2016, 8:41 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:

Kill Bill sucked.

I discovered Reservoir Dogs shortly after Pulp Fiction came out so I've just seen QT's films as they've come out.

Everybody seems to hate Kill Bill except for me while Inglorious Bastards which everybody loved is my least favorite of his work.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/10/2016, 2:42 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:

Kill Bill sucked.

I discovered Reservoir Dogs shortly after Pulp Fiction came out so I've just seen QT's films as they've come out.

Everybody seems to hate Kill Bill except for me while Inglorious Bastards which everybody loved is my least favorite of his work.

I'm not on the Inglorious fan list. I've seen it, and enjoyed it, but like Kill Bill, it has no re-watch value for me. 10 minutes in and I turn it off.

However, Dogs, Pulp, Jackie, Deathproof I can watch any time. Django I haven't revisited yet.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/10/2016, 9:19 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:I'm not on the Inglorious fan list. I've seen it, and enjoyed it, but like Kill Bill, it has no re-watch value for me. 10 minutes in and I turn it off.

However, Dogs, Pulp, Jackie, Deathproof I can watch any time. Django I haven't revisited yet.

I'm a big fan of The Whole Bloody Affair and I will only watch it all in one sitting. Zoe Bell's stunt work was too damned good to ignore and I love the way Uma handles Tarantino's dialogue.

Django the D is silent is a favorite of mine, I laugh like a bastard every time I watch it. It was the first movie I didn't hate Jamie Foxx in and I've seen it probably 6 times now.

Deathproof and Django, QT takes two men who've spent decades as baby faced good guys Russell and DiCaprio and turned them into monsters allowing them to give some of the most memorable performances of their careers. Now comes The Hateful Eight and well I won't be forgetting the Hang Man John Ruth for a long time.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/10/2016, 9:43 pm

"You really only need to hang mean bastards. But mean bastards, you need to hang." lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/10/2016, 10:03 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:"You really only need to hang mean bastards. But mean bastards, you need to hang." lol

"Now, Daisy, I want us to work out a signal system of communication. When I elbow you real hard in the face, that means: shut up."

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/10/2016, 10:59 pm

WyldeMan wrote:"Now, Daisy, I want us to work out a signal system of communication. When I elbow you real hard in the face, that means: shut up."

He really treated her like shit but I can't blame him, she keeps running that mouth of hers.

"That door's a whore." The door also provided funny moments each time someone came in.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next