BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 8 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2019, 12:07 pm

Tyger wrote:Random Thoughts - Page 8 Da9b2545-43b3-4228-8fdc-889170ec7d87

I know some of those words. Cool

I really want to play Red Dead Redemption but was going to try and hold out for the GOTY edition. Anybody here still playing it?

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2019, 1:19 pm

joey con carne wrote:That monkey game looks sweet. Oooh oooh aaah aaah

This is an informative watch.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/20/2019, 4:10 pm

I haven't played RDR2.

This monkey game is NOT my type of game. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/20/2019, 4:42 pm

I have a PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and a Switch.

I game the most in that order with PC being vastly greater than the PS4.

On PC, I am currently playing through the Borderlands games (specifically Borderlands 2) now and Rise of the Tomb Raider. On PS4, I have Spider-Man, Backmang: Arkham Knight, and DmC in my list of current games. When I'm really bored I play GTA 5 and just drive around as my dude Franklin killing people and running from cops. It's good shit.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/20/2019, 8:38 pm

I don’t really understand PC gaming. I guess now you can actually use a controller so it’s not like when I was a kid playing Wolfenstein and Doom and Unreal and all that shit. I hate using a keyboard to game.

I know you can upgrade all the hardware but I don’t think the difference in graphics would be drastic enough for me and I haven’t played any online competitive games in a long time so I don’t have that huge need for everything to be lightning fast.

It seems like a ton of money for small differences and huge egos, present company excluded
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/20/2019, 8:44 pm

Oh yeah, I started Detroit: Become Human. I’m comforted knowing I have (legit prescription) Xanax while playing a Quantic Dream game. It’s not as emotionally intense as previous games though, especially Heavy Rain.

I like it, I already know I’m going to be replaying it shortly after completing because it shows you different things you could’ve done. It doesn’t give details but at the end of a segment, it will show this diagram showing all your actions and choices and how many options were available for each and how many actions/choices/events were available from those branches.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2019, 9:14 pm

Tyger wrote:I don’t really understand PC gaming. I guess now you can actually use a controller so it’s not like when I was a kid playing Wolfenstein and Doom and Unreal and all that shit. I hate using a keyboard to game.

I'm right there with you.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/21/2019, 6:59 am

I use PC's to play first-person and third-person shooters. I cannot play games like Call of Duty or Rise of the Tomb Raider on consoles because I am unable to aim with a controller.

For fun, I played Call of Duty against some friends with myself on the keyboard and mouse and them using a controller. Needless to say I dominated. When I picked up a controller, I couldn't aim for shit.

For games like GTA5 or hack'n'slash games like Devil May Cry or Batman Arkham series, I prefer console and controllers because there is no fine aiming involved.

As for graphics, I don't care much for that so that is not a factor for me when it comes to PC and console gaming. I just need a keyboard and mouse for shooters.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/21/2019, 7:38 am

joey con carne wrote:I use PC's to play first-person and third-person shooters. I cannot play games like Call of Duty or Rise of the Tomb Raider on consoles because I am unable to aim with a controller.

For fun, I played Call of Duty against some friends with myself on the keyboard and mouse and them using a controller. Needless to say I dominated. When I picked up a controller, I couldn't aim for shit.

For games like GTA5 or hack'n'slash games like Devil May Cry or Batman Arkham series, I prefer console and controllers because there is no fine aiming involved.

As for graphics, I don't care much for that so that is not a factor for me when it comes to PC and console gaming. I just need a keyboard and mouse for shooters.

Nearly every game I remember had some form of auto-aim you could turn on, making shooting nothing more than a two button combo and a guaranteed kill, especially GTA5.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/21/2019, 8:06 am

I do know there are some games with aim assist. GTA5 uses auto aim which is different. Aim assisted games require you to get the aiming reticle on the person before kicking in. I think Call of Duty has some aim assist. I think.

Still, I don't like it. Another thing I don't like is how smooth the game is when turning. I get motion sickness where a pressure starts to build between my eyes. I prefer a mouse for those games because you can snap and aim really fast and do 180's so much faster than a controller which pans all the way around. I am terrible at using them.

Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/21/2019, 8:44 am

joey con carne wrote:I do know there are some games with aim assist. GTA5 uses auto aim which is different. Aim assisted games require you to get the aiming reticle on the person before kicking in. I think Call of Duty has some aim assist. I think.

Still, I don't like it. Another thing I don't like is how smooth the game is when turning. I get motion sickness where a pressure starts to build between my eyes. I prefer a mouse for those games because you can snap and aim really fast and do 180's so much faster than a controller which pans all the way around. I am terrible at using them.

Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.

I think Red Dead was an aim assisted game, if I remember correctly.

I've never even heard of gaming related motion sickness but maybe your setup is just that pristine and it keeps tripping your brain box.

A PS4 controller always felt natural in my hand whereas a keyboard with a bunch of different random commands to remember always gave me like a 2 minute shelf life. Like a lamb to the slaughter....But I'm a wolf and I need to hunt.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/21/2019, 8:53 am

Yea, I get motion sickness in games on my PC which have a narrow field of view. A lot of games have a very narrow field of view of about 60 degrees like Homefront, Bullet Storm, Metro 2033.

I need a wider field of view of about 100 degrees for me to avoid headaches. When games allow field of view adjustments (like Borderlands), I put it to maximum. You can't go too high, though, or the game you are playing might look like you're playing through a fish eye lens.

As I see it, console games typically have narrow fields of view. Not all PC games can be adjusted, though. I had to stop playing Homefront and Bullet Storm because you cannot adjust the field of view. I wasn't throwing up or anything but the pressure in my head just made playing the games too uncomfortable.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/21/2019, 12:04 pm

I get something like that too after playing for a good few hours, especially if I haven’t been playing in a long time since I’m not a big gamer
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/22/2019, 7:34 am

I watched the movie Always Be My Maybe last night and the songs by Randall Park are pretty funny.

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/22/2019, 8:22 am

Co-written with Dan the Automator, which I could tell before the credits confirmed. Automator is also half of Handsome Boy Modeling School, which Park's character had a poster of in his room. He’s also Asian American. I’m telling you, this is more authentic than Crazy Rich Asians.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/22/2019, 8:24 am

Tyger wrote:Oh yeah, I started Detroit: Become Human. I’m comforted knowing I have (legit prescription) Xanax while playing a Quantic Dream game. It’s not as emotionally intense as previous games though, especially Heavy Rain.

I like it, I already know I’m going to be replaying it shortly after completing because it shows you different things you could’ve done. It doesn’t give details but at the end of a segment, it will show this diagram showing all your actions and choices and how many options were available for each and how many actions/choices/events were available from those branches.
I finished my first play through and, much like my first play through of Heavy Rain, got all the worst fucking endings. I was so pissed, I immediately started over. Controller battery is low so charging now.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/22/2019, 9:05 am

Tyger wrote:Co-written with Dan the Automator, which I could tell before the credits confirmed. Automator is also half of Handsome Boy Modeling School, which Park's character had a poster of in his room. He’s also Asian American. I’m telling you, this is more authentic than Crazy Rich Asians.

I know Park from Fresh off the Boat where his character Lewis, runs a cowboy steakhouse in Orlando. Lewis is all about being as "authentic" of an American as he possibly can be.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/22/2019, 12:04 pm

Tyger wrote:I finished my first play through and, much like my first play through of Heavy Rain, got all the worst fucking endings. I was so pissed, I immediately started over. Controller battery is low so charging now.

Damn! Finished it already? Is the game not that long?

I also played Heavy Rain, it was fun. Is Detroit better?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/22/2019, 6:03 pm

Well, I got one of the main characters killed at literally the first opportunity so that shortened things quite a bit.

I like the story of Heavy Rain more, but Detroit is also very good and of course the graphics are much better. Gameplay is pretty much exactly the same. There are even parts that are exactly like parts in Heavy Rain.

How far are you?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/22/2019, 6:25 pm

Every time the game Heavy Rain is mentioned I always think of Chubby Rain from Bowfinger.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/22/2019, 6:56 pm

joey con carne wrote:Every time the game Heavy Rain is mentioned I always think of Chubby Rain from Bowfinger.

And every time someone mentions Chubby Rain, I think of Chocolate Rain from his appearance on an episode of South Park.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/22/2019, 7:10 pm

Bowfinger is so underrated
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/22/2019, 7:23 pm

Tyger wrote:Bowfinger is so underrated

Murphy's last good movie.

Of course Steve Martin and Roller Girl sure didn't hurt.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/24/2019, 11:06 am

Tyger wrote:Well, I got one of the main characters killed at literally the first opportunity so that shortened things quite a bit.

I like the story of Heavy Rain more, but Detroit is also very good and of course the graphics are much better. Gameplay is pretty much exactly the same. There are even parts that are exactly like parts in Heavy Rain.

How far are you?

Who did you get killed?

I just started it so I'm early in the game. I'm on Marcus, just got back after buying paint for Carl.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/24/2019, 12:41 pm

Marcus is who I got killed first and missed out on a LOT of stuff, even when he was alive.

Damn, you just started. I’ve already finished my replay to get all the happy endings. Now I need to replay it differently. I want to get the Platinum, but not in a huge rush. Certain things I don’t look forward to replaying.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/26/2019, 2:25 pm

I used to enjoy the hell out of their show during its original run when I was in high school, there was nothing quite like them bear mace a terrified 120lb tweaker before praying with him and giving em a smoke on their way to jail. Everything was so hyperbolic and over done but it was such an amusing watch. However, Beth smoked like a chimney in every episode so I can't say I've very surprised that she finally succumbed to throat cancer. 

Beth Chapman, Dog the Bounty Hunter Star and Wife, Dead at 51
Random Thoughts - Page 8 Beth-c10
Beth Chapman, who starred alongside her husband Duane “Dog” Chapman on A&E’s Dog the Bounty Hunter, has died. She was 51 years old.

Chapman was diagnosed with Stage 2 throat cancer in September 2017, and though it was removed, it returned last year, leading to an emergency surgery. She was admitted to the ICU of a Hawaii hospital this past weekend and placed in a medically induced coma. She passed away on Wednesday morning.

It’s 5:32 in Hawaii, this is the time she would wake up to go hike Koko Head mountain. Only today, she hiked the stairway to heaven. We all love you, Beth. See you on the other side.
— Duane Dog Chapman (@DogBountyHunter) June 26, 2019

After working in the bail bond business for decades, Beth and Duane teamed up to star in Dog the Bounty Hunter, an A&E reality series that saw the pair and other family members track down fugitives in their native Hawaii and bring them to justice. Debuting in 2004, Dog the Bounty Hunter ran for eight seasons and a total of 246 episodes before ending in 2012. (The two even documented their wedding in a 2006 special.)

Beth and Duane followed that series up with Dog and Beth: On the Hunt, a spinoff that aired on CMT from 2013 to 2015 and saw them assist bail bondsmen across the country in apprehending fugitives. After Beth’s diagnosis, A&E aired a special entitled Dog & Beth: Fight of Their Lives in 2017. The Chapmans were also planning a new series — Dog’s Most Wanted, slated to air on WGN America — before Beth’s health took a turn for the worse. The series is currently in production, the network says, but they have no further information on its status or when it might air.

“We are deeply saddened by the tragic news that Beth Chapman lost her battle with cancer today,” WGN America said in a statement. “She was an exceptional woman, fiercely loyal and passionate about her family and she was a true joy to work with. All of us at WGN America will miss her tremendously. Our thoughts and prayers are with Duane, her family, loved ones and millions of fans.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/30/2019, 6:51 pm

Just saw the trailer to the Netflix movie Rim of the World. I kind of want to check that out. I always enjoy a coming-of-age flick and throw in aliens and shit? Nice.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/1/2019, 3:55 pm

I kinda hate to admit the new Jumanji looks pretty funny to me. The last one was a surprise guilty pleasure.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/2/2019, 8:02 am

Joey, your One Punch Man is now a game...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/2/2019, 10:56 am

Went to a landfill to dump some trash yesterday to clean up the garage and organize it was 90 degrees outside, whole process took about 4 hours to complete. I almost passed out by the end of it and I ran out of water to drink. As soon as I ate and took a shower, I was resurrected. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/2/2019, 11:00 am

Maybe someday you’ll be rich enough to have someone else dispose of your dead hookers
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/2/2019, 3:12 pm

Tyger wrote:Maybe someday you’ll be rich enough to have someone else dispose of your dead hookers

Or at least cheap enough to know how to properly quarter them for an easier disposal.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/2/2019, 7:14 pm

Tyger wrote:Maybe someday you’ll be rich enough to have someone else dispose of your dead hookers

WyldeMan wrote:Or at least cheap enough to know how to properly quarter them for an easier disposal.

Hmmm, I'll consider it in the future I guess....
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/3/2019, 6:11 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Joey, your One Punch Man is now a game...

I am guessing one cannot choose Saitama. I'll definitely check this game out as it's made by Bandai Namco. They are legit and make some pretty good games.

New episode out this week! Can't wait to watch it.

Then Stranger Things tomorrow and Friday. Nice.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/3/2019, 8:45 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/3/2019, 10:14 am

Damn, WuTakover recently
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/3/2019, 10:39 am

Tyger wrote:Damn, WuTakover recently

What else are they up to? I used to see Method and RZA quite a bit in cameo appearances on shows but it's been awhile.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/3/2019, 10:56 am

They just had that 4 part documentary on Showtime in May
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/3/2019, 3:57 pm

Tyger wrote:They just had that 4 part documentary on Showtime in May

I saw a promo once and forgot all about it.

Did you watch it?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/3/2019, 4:09 pm

Yeah I saw most of it at least when I was on vacation, it was pretty good
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/7/2019, 8:22 am

I started watching Cobra Kai this morning and I've seen the first two episodes so far. It's interesting to see how Johnny and Daniel both view themselves as the heroes of their own stories regardless of the truth.

But IMO, Daniel LaRusso is still the heel of this franchise.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/7/2019, 8:09 pm

Nice! Yep, they both have their own point of view on what went down. It's really good. We will discuss in the official thread once you get caught up.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/7/2019, 9:36 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:We will discuss in the official thread once you get caught up.
Abe laying down the law
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/7/2019, 10:52 pm

Tyger wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:We will discuss in the official thread once you get caught up.
Abe laying down the law

I know, I wouldn't want to break the rules and upset the god mod.

If there is one thing this forum and all of its five members are known for, it's rigid rule following.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/8/2019, 12:30 pm

Well, I wouldn't want it spoiled for those who didn't watch it. Tyger, you should check it out too, everyone here should. I was talking shit about the show before I watched it but it's a lot better than I thought it would be. Only 10 episodes/season and 30/episode.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next